Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads

posted at 8:00 am on January 15, 2012 by Allahpundit

Six days before South Carolina, it’s social-conservative Sunday. You’ve got Santorum on Fox and CBS and Perry on ABC and CNN, but Newt’s the one to watch to see how he handles Bainmania in the home stretch. Will he dig in or play good cop/bad cop with his PAC? His interview with Gregory makes “Meet the Press” this morning’s best bet.

Or actually, is “Face the Nation” our best bet? You’ve got Newt there too, plus Santorum, plus Jim DeMint in his last chance to speak directly to South Carolinians before the big vote. He’s said before he won’t endorse in the primary, but harsh words for Newt’s Bain messaging could help Romney. Here’s the line-up from the LA Times:

State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) South Carolina primary; politics: Presidential candidate Gov. Rick Perry (R-Texas). The evangelical vote in South Carolina: Rev. Brad Atkins, South Carolina Baptist Convention; Bob Jones III, Bob Jones University…

Meet the Press (NBC) South Carolina primary: Presidential candidate Newt Gingrich. Upcoming political battles: Sen. Harry Reid (D-Nev.). GOP presidential race; South Carolina primary: Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.); Rep. Tim Scott (R-S.C.).

This Week With George Stephanopoulos (ABC) Presidential candidate Gov. Rick Perry (R-Texas) and comedian Stephen Colbert. Panel: George Will; Cokie Roberts; Jonathan Karl; Peggy Noonan; Paul Krugman.

Fox News Sunday With Chris Wallace (Fox) GOP presidential race: former Sen. Rick Santorum (R-Pa.). Mitt Romney’s history with Bain Capital: Rick Tyler. Private equity: Chris Chocola, Club for Growth. Panel: Brit Hume; Kirsten Powers; Bill Kristol; Juan Williams…

Face the Nation (CBS) GOP presidential candidates Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum; Sen. Jim DeMint (R-S.C.); author Jodi Kantor (“The Obamas”).

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Prove what?

bluegill on January 15, 2012 at 10:04 AM
How dare you tell people not to be so hard on Perry and Newt.

bluegill on January 13, 2012 at 4:34 PM
Flora Duh on January 15, 2012 at 10:13 AM

I’m not sure exactly what you’re referring to, but I believe it was my impression that you were scolding Romney supporters for rightly and harshly criticizing other candidates. I think you were giving pseudo-advice about how better to attract support for Romney, and you went so far as to express concern about “how it looks” from the outside. AS IF you really cared. Oh, and you made a point of expressing this concern in a comment section known for its unhinged bashing (often by the bigoted and the deranged) of Romney. Funny, I don’t remember you expressing concern over the Romney-bashing. I have no doubt that you have, though, since you seem like SUCH a fair-minded, civil person.

Listen, I say Romney supporters should hit back and hit back hard at the idiocy whenever they feel like it.

bluegill on January 15, 2012 at 10:34 AM

workingclass artist on January 15, 2012 at 10:28 AM

Are you just copying and pasting stuff? Seriously, I feel like you are abusing this space if that’s what you’re doing

bluegill on January 15, 2012 at 10:36 AM

F

rom one who has actually picked cotton ~ Carpe the Cotton-Pickin’ Diem, Rick!

Perry/2012

TheClearRiver on January 15, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Damn Sraight!

Gig Em’
Perry 2012

workingclass artist on January 15, 2012 at 10:36 AM

entropent on January 15, 2012 at 10:13 AM

You missed the sarc tag.

Buy Danish on January 15, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Dingy Harry: Lying on Steroids.
This jackass has been accusing (R)s continuously of being obstructionist yet he is the one that controls what comes to the floor in the Senate. Dingy Harry is the chief of obstructionism and lying for political gain. He has no thought of what is good for the American citizen and every thought for what is good for Reid, the Democrats and his own power and influence.
Let me repeat this: Dingy Harry – Lying on Steroids Dingy Harry – Lying on Steroids Dingy Harry – Lying on Steroids Dingy Harry – Lying on Steroids Dingy Harry – Lying on Steroids Dingy Harry – Lying on Steroids Dingy Harry – Lying on Steroids Dingy Harry – Lying on Steroids

ExpressoBold on January 15, 2012 at 10:37 AM

bluegill on January 15, 2012 at 10:36 AM

I’m posting links and data…But thanks Mom.

so Tell us again about Romney’s stellar record?

workingclass artist on January 15, 2012 at 10:37 AM

WINNING!

“In his remarks [Friday], Romney also acknowledged the economy was getting better — something he has said before….

“And [President Obama]’s going to say the economy is getting better,” Romney said. “Thank heavens it’s getting better. It’s getting better not because of him, it’s in spite of him and what he’s done.”

For those keeping track, Romney said twice in three sentences that he believes the economy is “getting better.”

workingclass artist on January 15, 2012 at 10:40 AM

From one who has actually picked cotton ~ Carpe the Cotton-Pickin’ Diem, Rick!
Perry/2012

TheClearRiver on January 15, 2012 at 10:29 AM

HAhahahahah, that was priceless.

Perry and Gingrich look so pathetic biting at the heels of the vastly superior Romney.

Vastly superior in what, hair combing? I can’t think of a single thing that makes Mittens vastly superior to anyone else who’s running. He’s got more experience in campaigning than anyone else, but that’s about it.

scalleywag on January 15, 2012 at 10:41 AM

workingclass artist on January 15, 2012 at 10:28 AM

I’m not attempting to advocate for Romney, or anyone else.

The issue was “Private Equity”

franksalterego on January 15, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Buy Danish on January 15, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Yes, Flora Duh noted that, too. I apologize.

entropent on January 15, 2012 at 10:42 AM

I heard Dingy Harry on the TV and got distracted by revulsion

ExpressoBold on January 15, 2012 at 10:30 AM

An understandable and common occurrence. :-)

Flora Duh on January 15, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Texas didn’t even have a republican majority in both houses until 2010.

Perry has done a great ob leading Texas and moving her right.

workingclass artist on January 15, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Well, it sounds like Texas NEEDS Perry then…better keep him there.
;o)

g2825m on January 15, 2012 at 10:46 AM

The election will turn on who can offer a conservative alternative to Obamacare. That person is not Mitt Romney. Scripting and focus groups can carry him only so far.

Nexialist on January 15, 2012 at 10:46 AM

“Anyway, here’s what I see. I see, first, a candidate who “fails to inspire.” This is hugely important. It’s the old Dole/McCain/Bush 41 thing again…

Next is a candidate’s history, which was the basis of my original post on this front. Aside from winning the governorship against extremely weak opposition in a three-way race where he failed to get an actual majority of the vote, in a state that despite its liberalism had become accustomed to electing Republican governors (for 12 straight years), Romney still has never won an electorally significant victory that wasn’t in his native state (Michigan) or in a state that is his backyard and site of his vacation home (New Hampshire). Even in Iowa, his mere eight-vote win after five years of work there amounted to six (yes, count them, exactly six) fewer votes than he earned four years earlier in the same caucus system…

Then there’s the attacks on his tenure at Bain Capital. The attacks are over-the-top and unfair. But coming from the left in a general election campaign, they will work. That’s how a weakened Ted Kennedy in a Republican year blew open a tight race against Romney and won by a landslide — by attacking Bain…Romney, indeed, is the perfect foil for the Obama campaign.

Combine that with what appears to be a plastic insincerity (again, the “flip-flopping” charge was devastating against Al Gore and can be so again), with a “how dare you question me” attitude that increasingly has shown itself in debates, and with an utter failure to “connect” emotionally with what once were known as “Reagan Democrats” (old-ethnic. i.e. Italian-American/Polish-American, etc., blue collar workers, culturally conservative and on economics distrustful of Wall Street), and you have a recipe for an extraordinarily weak general election candidate…

All of which is to say that Willard Mitt Romney has very low growth potential in a general-election campaign against Obama…”

workingclass artist on January 15, 2012 at 10:47 AM

scalleywag on January 15, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Conservative Governing..And Perry’s policy plans are the best ones in the race.

workingclass artist on January 15, 2012 at 10:48 AM

The election will turn on who can offer conservative alternative to Obamacare. That person is not Mitt Romney. Scripting and focus groups can carry him only so far. you a JOB!

Nexialist on January 15, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Fixed it for you…

Romney is more qualified than any candidate to get the economy turned around and has a proven track record in multiple areas of doing it. THIS is why he is winning each State primary and will continue to do so.

All other issues are trumped by the economy and getting America back to work.

g2825m on January 15, 2012 at 10:54 AM

I’m a lot more inspired by the idea of Perry for president than I am anyone else. I can see him actually working to solve the nation’s problems. Working, not playing golf or hosting extravagant parties with Hollywood starlets or jetting off on frequent multimillion dollar vacations. I can see him sitting across the table having discussions with world leaders and being respectful while being taken seriously. I know he has great respect for our military, he’s got military experience and he’s a patriot, so I can see him listening to them rather than acting like a petulant child, as our current commander in chief has done. He knows the importance of building a strong economy and providing jobs for the American people and I believe he has a good enough record of doing so. I don’t care that he botched up a few debates. He has a good vision of where the country needs to be. The sad thing is the way it looks right now we may not see him get a chance to “right the ship” as it were.

scalleywag on January 15, 2012 at 10:55 AM

If Perry hadn’t failed his mental status exam on National TV (remember 3 things-no can do), he might have a chance in spite of his Texas Dream Act, but I can’t see him doing much better than 5% in the next few primaries. He’s out of Virginia, and if I read their delegate status correctly, it’s proportional, unless the winner gets over 50% then it’s all or none. With only Romney and Paul as choices and no write-ins allowed, I’m guessing Romney will get more than 50% and all the Virginia delegates. I don’t think Perry will be able to stay in the race til the Texas primary.

That said, if Perry gets the Republican nomination I will vote for him over Obama.

talkingpoints on January 15, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Another problem for Romney…

Surprise! Romneycare costs exploding/Hidden from Public

“According to this article in The New York Times, “Massachusetts cannot bar legal immigrants from a state health care program, according to a ruling issued Thursday by the state’s highest court, a decision that edges the state closer to its goal of providing near-universal health care coverage to its residents” adding, “The ruling said that a 2009 state budget that dropped about 29,000 legal immigrants who had lived in the United States for less than five years from Commonwealth Care, a subsidized health insurance program central to this state’s 2006 health care overhaul, violated the State Constitution.” How does that saying by Sir Walter Scott go? Oh yes, “Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive….

State officials say they will abide by the high court’s decision, ( isn’t that refreshing) but will now have to figure out a way to pay for the extra $150 million shortfall in the state budget. ( They can always raise taxes on the working class to pay for their blunder, and just call them “fees” as mitt Romney did for his entire term as Governor)

Former Massachusetts Governor and 2012 GOP Presidential candidate Mitt Romney currently stated that RomneyCare is a perfect fit for the state of Massachusetts residents and is working to ensure all residents have health care. When people are promised anything free by the government, it never actually turns out to be free, as most things in life never do.

The Cato Institute did a Policy Analysis of RomneyCare back in January 2010, two years before the high court decision that exposes the Massachusetts government barring over 29,000 legal immigrants from receiving RomneyCare health insurance. That analysis exposes how citizens were prodded to not reveal their true insurance status, (possibly to avoid the the penalties for not having health insurance) and that “the official estimate reported by the Commonwealth almost certainly overstates the law’s impact on insurance coverage, likely by 45 percent.” The Policy Analysis paper also exposes the biggest piece of misinformation being used to champion RomneyCare as some form marvel of modern medicine and free gift-giving as follows: “Finally, we conclude that leading estimates understate the law’s cost by at least one third, and likely more.”

workingclass artist on January 15, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Nexialist on January 15, 2012 at 10:46 AM

I’m not sure I agree, but maybe my difference is only a matter of degree. To tie this back into the economy, I think one can argue that Obamacare is paralyzing many employers. They’ll hunker down as much as possible until they finally see which way the wind will be blowing when it’s finally implemented.

Gingrich is the best idea man and speaker. I wish he’d have jumped on this a long time ago.

Opportunities lost.

BuckeyeSam on January 15, 2012 at 10:56 AM

All other issues are trumped by the economy and getting America back to work.

g2825m on January 15, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Really?

Why has Team Romney walked back his I created 100,000 jobs claim…to tens of thousands?

workingclass artist on January 15, 2012 at 10:57 AM

workingclass artist on January 15, 2012 at 10:47 AM

working…
You continue to post this but Quin Hilyer’s piece, which I read, does not carry any weight as Romney is proving it wrong with his wins in IA, NH, and now he is leading large in SC and FL.

People’s number one focus is JOBS JOBS JOBS and it does not matter what Gingrich, Perry, or Obama throw at him this year America is going to trust Romney’s VAST business experience and elect him to turn this economy around. Count on it.

g2825m on January 15, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Voter: That big roll of Romney baloney looks gross. I don’t think I want any.

bluegill: Go on, just taste this itty bitty piece of delicious R-baloney.

Voter: It smells “off.”

bluegill: Watch, I’ll swallow this big hunk of R-baloney. (Gulp! Burp!) Yum! I want more R-baloney!

Voter: You’re lookin’ a little green around the gills.

bluegill: Hey, this R-baloney is the best baloney on the market! I feel so much better about the economy and the whole world, after swallowing the R-baloney! Now, eat some R-baloney, now!

Voter: No.

bluegill: Oh, come on! It’s for the c-h-i-l-d-r-e-n.

Voter: (Pulling her dog away from the R-baloney) Don’t eat that mess, “Jeb,” it’ll make you sick.

bluegill: You’re an incompetent buffoon!

TheClearRiver on January 15, 2012 at 11:00 AM

workingclass artist on January 15, 2012 at 10:57 AM

You call it walking back, I call it another way to say I created a TON of jobs and here are the companies to prove it: AMC Entertainment, Aspen Education Group, Brookstone, Burger King, Burlington Coat Factory, Clear Channel Communications, Domino’s Pizza, DoubleClick, Dunkin’ Donuts, D&M Holdings, Guitar Center, Hospital Corporation of America (HCA), Sealy, The Sports Authority, Staples, Toys “R” Us, Warner Music Group and The Weather Channel.

Don’t you think out of there he HELPED create over 100K jobs? I would think so…

g2825m on January 15, 2012 at 11:00 AM

TheClearRiver on January 15, 2012 at 11:00 AM

haha My baloney has a first name it is M-I-T-T…my baloney has a second name it R-O-M-N-E-Y…

Look, the bottom line is the PEOPLE are speaking. Romney is winning.

If Perry was the better candidate he would be winning.
If Paul was the better candidate he would be winning.
If Gingrich was the better candidate he would be winning.
If Santorum was the better candidate he would be winning.
If Huntsman was the better candidate he would be winning.

g2825m on January 15, 2012 at 11:03 AM

talkingpoints on January 15, 2012 at 10:55 AM

The Oops! happened in early November and 9 debates ago and Perry’s been solid in every debate since.

Sheeesh!

Texas has 155 delegates & Perry could tie Romney as long as Paul or Newt keep peeling away proportional delegates. Candidates have to get 50% in the Super Tuesday States and Romney won’t be able to do that. Gives Perry time to build steam.

This isn’t over.

workingclass artist on January 15, 2012 at 11:04 AM

bluegill on January 15, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Seems like whenever I’m thiiiiiis close to throwing my support 100% behind Governor Romney, I read the comments of some of his supporters here, and I think there’s no way I want to be associated with people who sound like the elitist snobs over at DailyKos.

Go ahead, flame away, but you have no idea how off-putting it appears, not just to those posting here, but also to the thousands of people who read this blog from the outside looking in. But hey, if you think that’s the tactic to use to attract others to the Romney camp, have at it.

Flora Duh on January 13, 2012 at 12:51 PM

No, it wasn’t the other candidates they were “harshly criticizing”, it was anyone who dared to offer anything but undying allegiance to Romney. And if you interpret my comment above as saying that I’m telling others to “not to be so hard on Perry and Newt”, then you’re even more unhinged than I thought you were.

BTW, there were others in that thread, even a few of Governor Romney’s supporters, who were advising that the rhetoric of his loud mouth supporters be toned down because they weren’t helping the cause. I noticed you didn’t call them on the carpet.

Flora Duh on January 15, 2012 at 11:05 AM

You want to dispute the numbers with facts or just continue to claim he’s stupid? If he’s so stupid, how on earth did he manage to create ONE MILLION jobs in the state of Texas while Mr. Harvard Law School was shedding TWO MILLION nation-wide?

Aslans Girl on January 15, 2012 at 8:46 AM

I must have missed the part when Perry signed laws to make Texas a conservative, Tax free and energy friendly state. Oh wait, he didn’t. Even a straight jack dumb fool could make Texas work…which is why I guess Perry “created” jobs.
Inspite of this, why is unemployment so high in Texas anyway, while so many other states are in the 5-6% range? That should show you this pandering buffoons competence.

I think Obama is the biggest loser, d-bag, scourge of the earth around…but don’t try to sell Perry as the solution…it just does not fly.

xxessw on January 15, 2012 at 11:07 AM

g2825m on January 15, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Romney cannot govern to boost an economy. That’s why he runs away from his governing record.

Perry can govern to boost and economy…so can Huntsman.

Newt can lead policymakers to boost an economy…But resigned office.

workingclass artist on January 15, 2012 at 11:07 AM

How many jobs has Romney created in the last 3 years? besides jobs for his reelction staff, I like to know.
In this bad economy did he do anything to help the country?

evergreenland on January 15, 2012 at 11:10 AM

bellez8 Bellez
Palin WAS RIGHT again last night..Whenever Newt brings up Romneys record he is shut down same way Lefts shut you off questioning Obama

RE TWEET!

golfmann on January 15, 2012 at 11:13 AM

TheClearRiver on January 15, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Hahaha, he’s the 2 day old tuna sandwich!

scalleywag on January 15, 2012 at 11:14 AM

workingclass artist on January 15, 2012 at 11:07 AM

evergreenland on January 15, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Do you both know how many candidates Romney helped get elected in the 2010 tsunami? Romney was probably THE main campaign contributor to most Republicans elections…Palin being right up there with him. Romney just did it through his appearances and Super-PAC.

Romney has done quite a bit to help our economy and other elected officials including Nikki Haley, Marco Rubio, etc etc etc…

g2825m on January 15, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Bain disputes the Journal‘s calculations, but one test of overall success is whether investors keep entrusting a firm with their money. Mr. Romney and his colleagues raised $37 million for their first fund in 1984. Today, Bain Capital manages roughly $66 billion. Its investors include college endowments and public pension funds that have increased their investments in private equity to get larger returns than stocks and bonds provide. The people who benefit from those returns thus include average workers.

Damn, it’s those evil college endowments and public pension funds who have been destroying these jobs, with Mitt Romney as their enabler.

J_Crater on January 15, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Again say what you want about Romney but again I repost:

Look, the bottom line is the PEOPLE are speaking. Romney is winning.

If Perry was the better candidate he would be winning.
If Paul was the better candidate he would be winning.
If Gingrich was the better candidate he would be winning.
If Santorum was the better candidate he would be winning.
If Huntsman was the better candidate he would be winning.

The main point is to get Obama out of office and Romney will do this and I predict by 5-7% margin!

g2825m on January 15, 2012 at 11:19 AM

One other thing on the PE firms…it is funny that Perry and Gingrich rip on them and they both have had PE firms contribute AND OR be a part of their campaigns. They are just ticked that Bain is so good at raising capital…and why? Because it was built on a solid foundation by its creator, Mitt Romney.

The guy has succeeded every place he has gone and now we need him to help turn this economy around.

g2825m on January 15, 2012 at 11:21 AM

xxessw on January 15, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Perry was the first Republican LT. Gov. since Reconstruction.

It wasn’t until 2003 that there was a republican Governor,Lt. Governor and Speaker of the House.

The chamber was narrowly split heading into the 2010 election cycle, but large Republican gains on election day and the party switch of two Democratic members have given the GOP a supermajority of 101 members heading into 2011.

workingclass artist on January 15, 2012 at 11:24 AM

bellez8 Bellez

RE TWEET!

golfmann on January 15, 2012 at 11:13 AM

I saw the interview that Governor Palin did with Judge Jenine. The judge stated, whether correctly or not, that the reason Speaker Gingrich was “shut down” by Governor Huckabee and booed by the crowd, was not specifically that he attempted to bring up Governor Romney’s record, but rather the he violated the previously agreed to rules of participation of not mentioning another candidate by name.

Flora Duh on January 15, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Look, the bottom line is the PEOPLE are speaking. Romney is winning.

If Perry was the better candidate he would be winning.
If Paul was the better candidate he would be winning.
If Gingrich was the better candidate he would be winning.
If Santorum was the better candidate he would be winning.
If Huntsman was the better candidate he would be winning.

He’s WON 2 out of 50 primaries.

This thing isn’t close to being over. No matter how much you Romneybots and the establishment want it to be.

tkyang99 on January 15, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Interesting and revealing in key swing states:
“In their surveys, Quinnipiac asks voters regardless of whom they intend to vote for, whom do they think would do a better job on the economy? In the Florida survey released this week, non-college whites preferred Romney over Obama by a crushing 62 percent to 27 percent. In the most recent Pennsylvania survey, non-college whites picked Romney over Obama on that question by 51 percent to 33 percent. In the latest Quinnipiac Ohio poll, Romney led on that question by 11 percentage points.

All of that tracks with the consistent skepticism among blue-collar whites in Allstate/National Journal Heartland Monitor polls about the impact of Obama’s economic agenda on their lives. In the most recent survey, conducted last December, the share of non-college whites who said Obama’s economic agenda had decreased economic opportunity for people like them was more than double the share who said it had increased their opportunity. In the past six polls, dating back to August 2010, no more than 23 percent of non-college whites have ever said Obama’s agenda was increasing opportunity for people like them.”

g2825m on January 15, 2012 at 11:26 AM

g2825m on January 15, 2012 at 11:21 AM

It has always puzzled me as to why Newt and Perry would pick on VC/PE in general, thus risking support (votes and financial contributions) from that sector. Bad business all around. Newt and Perry need campaign donations, and risking the alienation the private sector was a huge mistake.

Philly on January 15, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Romney – We have to repeal Obamacare

Obama – Thanks Mitt for lending me your staff to draft it like you did Romneycare.

workingclass artist on January 15, 2012 at 11:31 AM

tkyang99 on January 15, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Sorry but I am a Tea Party supporter and not a member of the “establishment”…

Also he has won the first two and is up in SC and FL…some polls big time…

You have to be honest that any candidate that takes the first four is pretty much on their way to wrapping it up because A: candidates will begin to drop out and B: candidates do not have the funding to keep up. Florida will be the deal breaker for ALL of them except Paul.

Besides, my point is that MANY of you cannot accept that Romney has WIDE support and you just cannot wrap your head around that concept. He is a great candidate and not some boogey-man you or the MSM make him out to be…he is liked by MANY people and the polls bare this out.

“Get you some Romney!”

g2825m on January 15, 2012 at 11:31 AM

BREAKING: South Carolina’s largest newspaper, “The State,” endorses Jon Huntsman.

raf on January 15, 2012 at 11:31 AM

raf…that doesn’t surprise me…what is Huntsman at? 6-7% if that…

g2825m on January 15, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Philly on January 15, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Perry went after Mitt’s 100.000 jobs claim as Mitt telling only 1/2 the story because Romney is running away from his Governing record in MA.

Huckabee did it…McCain did it…Teddy Kennedy used it to spank him in 94.

Romney is the weakest candidate against Obama.

workingclass artist on January 15, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Philly on January 15, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Philly cheese has it spot on!

Why tick off the money backers? Not very wise politically and that is showing how they would do against Obama thus reflected in their poll numbers and why people are not supporting them.

g2825m on January 15, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Its true Romney helped electiion of candidstes in 2010,he also helped promote books by Ingrahm , Coulter, Hewitt and others, he was making friends before he needs them, he was getting the ground plowed and seeded now its time for harvest.

evergreenland on January 15, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Besides the whole issue of Rick Perry being a total moron who will never win the nomination, let alone even make Obama break a sweat in a general election campaign, there are several things that have bothered me about Perry and that have made me feel not-so-good about the man on a personal level.

First, I was extremely disappointed in his weak response to the incident where a prominent Perry supporter repeatedly called Romney a cult member. Second, I was shocked by his branding as “heartless” people who don’t believe it is fair or right to give tuition breaks to illegals. Third, the line from his “Stronger” ad (paraphrase: “there is something wrong in this country when gays can serve openly in the military but children can’t pray in school”) just struck the wrong chord with me. Although I’m totally opposed to redefining marriage and wouldn’t necessarily have a problem with DADT (if that’s what the military leaders felt was the best thing for an effective military), I have zero issues or concerns about other adults’ sexual behavior. I think it’s rather unseemly to pit praying children against homosexuals. It just felt cheap and dumb. Terrible way to talk about the issues. Also, I was disgusted by the way Perry desperately latched on to the “vulture” capitalist idiocy as a way to try to attack Romney. Did you all see how Perry tried to keep the “vulture” metaphor going in his public appearances, where he would talk about low flying birds picking meat off bones, etc.? It was PAINFUL.

Despite all that, I still think Perry is a heck of a lot better than Newt, who is a vile pig of a loser, if ever there was one.

bluegill on January 15, 2012 at 11:38 AM

workingclass artist on January 15, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Yet Romney MAY pull off one of the biggest surprises in Republican primary voting if he takes SC and FL…and the rest of the field sees this as well, he may SWEEP to a massive victory with Super Tuesday to follow. He has been totally underestimated by his popularity by Allah, Rush, and many other pundits out there! Of course they’ll all jump on board later and say we were behind Romney the WHOLE TIME.

The people are speaking and HA commenters are ticked!!!

g2825m on January 15, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Newt is only down by 5 with a week to go. More than enough time to close the gap.

tkyang99 on January 15, 2012 at 11:40 AM

bluegill,
I like Perry and thought he has done a great job WITH Texas but do not see him as ready for POTUS and it has shown on the campaign trail and in debates…although I agree with workingclass that he has done a lot better in the last 2-3 debates…but those are too little too late as the template has already been cast on him.

Perry will be a good advocate for the party and States rights especially.

g2825m on January 15, 2012 at 11:43 AM

From Mark Steyn’s column:

It may be time for those of us on the right to consider whether it’s not so much the conservative vote that’s split but whether conservativism itself is fracturing.

An enormously pertinent observation! Perhaps because it agrees with what I’ve said so often and strenuously :-)

Conservatism is not some snapshot of time, taken in 1986. It is not like the Constitution, written words and original intent. It is a moving target. At its heart it is a philosophy based on the restoration of free market capitalism and America’s place in the world as the preeminent advocate for democracy.

In the 1980′s conservatism took a detour, adding on an appendage known as the religious right. A marriage of convenience that has not just outlived its usefulness by become a major drag on the coalition. Today’s challenges are not served by moralizing theologians. America has no appetite for culture wars. We are suffering and are not looking to borrow even more trouble by fractious, internecine fighting over boolsheet. We are feeling the ruinous effects of decades of “compassion” on the national instead of the local collective and individual scale and most people are starting to get wise, thanks to the example set by Europe. Europe adumbrates our future in a way that is the extreme opposite of subtlety.

Those who stubbornly adhere to outdated notions of conservatism could be considered quaint if it were not for the meanness of their ideological death throes. It is why Mitt is and has been the inevitable choice for America and Perry, Newt and Santorum are footnotes in this election.

MJBrutus on January 15, 2012 at 11:43 AM

why are some putting down Perry then laughing at his low polls?

evergreenland on January 15, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Wonder if it could be that Perry, a.k.a. “brainless Mr heartless,” launched his campaign by calling the base racist, then instead of retracting that, he doubled down and called them “heartless” on top of the first insult? Then instead of apologizing for “racist” and “heartless”, Perry let “racist” stand (he has never said that was wrong) and only said that he was “probably” wrong to call the base “heartless.” “Probably” = then, again, maybe it wasn’t wrong.

Then he goes full-blown short-bus at every debate. Not only can he not count to three, the failure appears to indicate that he was trying to remember a response that some handler had prepared for him, like Herb on Libya. btw, he couldn’t remember the 3 departments AGAIN just two days ago. Either that, or he changed his position all the sudden and no one, including his staff, knew he had done so. I guess it got no play here.

There is the fact that he wants to attack others on illegal immigration, but Perry opposes e-verify. Pretty nearly everyone in the world is smart enough to know that that means Perry is for cheap illegal labor and just postures otherwise for dimwits. I myself, God forbid, am not heartless enough to oppose cheap illegal labor overrunning the country. It’s kinda groovy in a “Go Rickie” kinda way. But Perry’s machinations and deceptions and playing the base for fools on the issue kinda sorta blows.

There is the fact that O wants to run against boooooosh, or at least everyone here has said so since 2007, and Perry has already established a national reputation for himself as “Bush without the brains.” Not only that: W did so much to damage to the GOP brand that people don’t trust anyone who relies on the same retarded boots and shooten tejas me-cowboy schtick. It’s so condescending. Plus, it’s retarded, to begin with. Especially when faux cowboy’s every other word is a prissy: “oops.” And he keeps _____ing in his tough-guy boots in front of the women and children.

When he was on the ropes early, Perry hid in a closet and sent his wife out to tell the reporters to tell the Americans that the baby jesus had told her personally that lil rickie should be prez. That looked, let us say, “precious.” (wink)

We never see Perry’s job numbers when the enormous growth in government jobs under Perry and the huge number of jobs held by non-citizens in Texas are backed out, do we? Hmmm.

Everybody in the U.S. is subsidizing the Texas refineries through massive tax loopholes and subsidies of every sort: you aren’t claiming that refineries would not add jobs except for Perry’s magical presence are you?

Please stay calm: you asked for the information. I didn’t want to be all heartless and not answer no matter what you name sounds like.

kunegetikos on January 15, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Hot air is doing its part in directing voters to decised on candidates by selecting horrible photos of Newt and Gingrich every time there is a post about them.

evergreenland on January 15, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Flora Duh on January 15, 2012 at 11:05 AM

They were probably just saying that to be generous and make you feel better. It’s called showing a little class, something the Perry people could learn how to do.

bluegill on January 15, 2012 at 11:45 AM

tkyang99 on January 15, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Depends upon which poll you look at and their spread. See here:

Romney opens 21-point lead in South Carolina: Reuters/Ipsos poll

g2825m on January 15, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Philly on January 15, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Huckabee did it…McCain did it…Teddy Kennedy used it to spank him in 94.

Romney is the weakest candidate against Obama.

workingclass artist on January 15, 2012 at 11:34 AM

+10

IndeCon on January 15, 2012 at 11:47 AM

“So Newt did you lie for political gain?”

“Well Romney started it. When I lie, I am ready to take it back after everyone heard my lies for a week. Plus my lies are funny, and everyone enjoys them. And my lies are very useful, they prepare Romney for the fall campaign when he is the nominee. And finally, I LOVE France.”

Igor R. on January 15, 2012 at 11:48 AM

evergreenland on January 15, 2012 at 11:45 AM

You make it sound as though that old Mitt “money shot” isn’t the most common photo they display on their front page.

MJBrutus on January 15, 2012 at 11:48 AM

” Rick Perry thinks the video showing U.S. Marines urinating on what appears to be dead Taliban fighters posted online last week is just an example of “kids” being kids.

The GOP hopeful said Sunday he feels the reaction to footage has been “over the top” and he would have handled the situation differently as president.

“Obviously 18, 19-year-old kids make stupid mistakes all too often and that’s what’s occurred here,” Perry said on CNN’s “State of the Union” show. “What is really disturbing to me is the over-the-top rhetoric from this administration and their disdain for the military.”

Comparing the actions of the Marines to what heroic historical figures General George S. Patton and British Prime Minister Winston Churchill did in war, Perry did not condone their behavior but shrugged off the incident as something that had been blown out of proportion.

“These kids made a mistake, there’s not any doubt about it,” he said. “[They\] shouldn’t have done it, it’s bad — but to call it a criminal act, I think is over the top.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/rick-perry-defends-marines-urinated-taliban-corpses-calls-government-reaction-top-article-1.1006404#ixzz1jXw3owsd

workingclass artist on January 15, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Obama is an extreme leftist.

Romney is a moderate centrist.

None of the other R candidates, conservative-ish or neo-OWS-ish, are going anywhere thanks to their own shortcomings, incompetence and too narrow focus.

So be sure to vote for the extreme leftist to show the country that Republicans prefer to lose to a radical buffoon like Obama than work from the center -hopefully with a mainly conservative Congress- to regain control over the metastasizing government.

That seems to be the Concern Troll theme of this primary season.

Vote for Obama!- and show ‘em (the “elite GOP puppetmasters” and their dupes) that we want conservatives… who don’t seem to be able to put up competent candidates who can win primaries!

profitsbeard on January 15, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Igor R. on January 15, 2012 at 11:48 AM

The both got four Pinnochios from the WaPo, there are no heroes.

Cindy Munford on January 15, 2012 at 11:54 AM

This election is ALL about JOBS JOBS JOBS

All these other matters everyone brings up are secondary in nature…though important…but people DO NOT CARE about abortion, health insurance, gays, UNTIL they get a job and can start to worry about all of those other things.

When they step into that booth they will decide out of all those candidates who has a history of creating jobs and being successful:
Obama
Gingrich
Perry
Romney
Santorum
Huntsman

So far people have decided (and rightly so) that it is Romney that will turn the economy around because he has a PROVEN record of fixing companies/Olympics/State budgets

g2825m on January 15, 2012 at 11:54 AM

bluegill on January 15, 2012 at 11:45 AM

By getting in your snarky dig at Governor Perry, in your convoluted little mind I’m one of his supporters, is that what you’re saying?

Flora Duh on January 15, 2012 at 11:55 AM

I watched the clip of Newt mentioning Mitt at last night’s Huckabee event, and in my opinion it was a good articulation of why the Bain issue needs to be vetted now.
The media, now including whatever right-leaning media there is, cannot be trusted with any of its description of events, and it is up to each person to look at the facts independently.
With complete respect for all commenters on Hot Air, and their freedom to express their views as they choose, I am finding it more difficult than before to find objective and helpful analyses of facts and events. Just my opinion.

GaltBlvnAtty on January 15, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Good to see you Cindy!

g2825m on January 15, 2012 at 11:56 AM

GaltBlvnAtty on January 15, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Galt
I think that the Bain issue needs to be dropped because it has already been proven a loser for everyone involved on our side because Bain represents what conservatives believe in and that is capitalism. When Capitalism is attacked on our side that candidate is going to lose backing both financially and in the booth.

WE know it is coming from the Democrats this summer and fall but we ALREADY know that and I think the last 3 years is our answer to ANYTHING they bring up about Bain.

We win no matter what Obama wants to bring up about the free market. We just run the tried and true ad of “how has your life been the last 4 years? Do you want 4 more like it?”

g2825m on January 15, 2012 at 12:00 PM

No amount of name-calls and immaturity from you is going to make me stop supporting Perry, so bug off.

Aslans Girl on January 15, 2012 at 8:45 AM

..yeah, so there! Or she’ll have Aslan pound your asss!

The War Planner on January 15, 2012 at 12:02 PM

kunegetikos on January 15, 2012 at 11:45 AM

1. Perry signed the biggest budget cuts since WWII $15 Billion in the last session.

2. 3 out of Every 4 Net New Private Sector Jobs in the Past 5 Years Were Created in Texas.

Texas’ Personal Income Growth Over the Last 5 Years Was 66% Faster than US
source: Bureau of Economic Analysis, US Department of Commerce

Rise of the Regulators (But Not in Texas)

In contrast, Texas has been shrinking its regulatory ranks. In the budget passed by the last legislature and signed into law by Governor Perry, the number of regulators shrank by nearly 6%.

sources: “Fiscal Stalemate Reflected in Regulator’s Budget: An Analysis of the US Budget for Fiscal Years
2011 and 2012″, Susan Dudley and Melinda Warren and Texas Legislative Budget Board

Texas Has Had a Lower Unemployment Rate than the US for 55 Straight Months
source: US Bureau of Labor Statistics, Local Area Unemployment Statistics and Current Population Survey, July 2011 data

Texas is the Only State to Add Jobs in Each of the Last 9 Months
source: US Bureau of Labor Statistics, June Preliminary Data

Texas Has Added Over 1 Million Jobs in the Past Decade

source: US Bureau of Labor Statistics, April 2011 Preliminary Data

Texas Has Added More than 200,000 Jobs in 2010; Has the Fastest Employment Growth Rate of All States.
source: US Bureau of Labor Statistics, November 2010 Preliminary Data

67% of Private Sector Job Growth Over Last 5 Years Has Been in Texas; 83% if Hurricane Katrina Effects Removed.

Source: US Bureau of Labor Statistics, October Preliminary Data

Every Texas Metro Area has Added Private Sector Jobs in the Last Year
source: US Bureau of Labor Statistics

workingclass artist on January 15, 2012 at 12:03 PM

To borrow a Perry line:
Oops!
“Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich was greeted with a standing ovation when he was announced at a barbecue.

Too bad the former House speaker wasn’t around to see it.

He was inexplicably missing, and his absence forced the event’s moderator to ask awkwardly, “Can we check and see where the speaker is?”

It was just one in a string of clumsy, head-scratching events staged by the Gingrich campaign since the Republican primary moved to South Carolina, a state that the candidate says he must win if he wants a shot at the nomination.”

g2825m on January 15, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Romney is the weakest candidate against Obama.

workingclass artist on January 15, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Of the candidates remaining, Romney is BY FAR the strongest. I believe in conservatism, and Romney can’t articulate it well, but to claim that he is the weakest candidate is an idea similar to a persistent lie: it only survives because it is repeated so often.

Igor R. on January 15, 2012 at 12:05 PM

The both got four Pinnochios from the WaPo, there are no heroes.

Cindy Munford on January 15, 2012 at 11:54 AM

I agree there are no heroes. But Speaker Gingrich has asked the Super Pac that put out the “movie” about Governor Romney to either correct the falsehoods in it or pull it.

What was it Governor Romney said when confronted about the falsehoods in the ad his PAC released? Oh yeah, he had nothing to do with creating the ad so he couldn’t ask them to correct it.

Flora Duh on January 15, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Igor R. on January 15, 2012 at 11:48 AM

The both got four Pinnochios from the WaPo, there are no heroes.

Cindy Munford on January 15, 2012 at 11:54 AM

The problem with Newt’s line of attack isn’t the lies, it’s that he is using Michael Moore-style rhetoric to do it. Who needs a Republican President who talks like Michael Moore?

Igor R. on January 15, 2012 at 12:07 PM

g2825m on January 15, 2012 at 12:00 PM

I think you are mistaken with ease with which you suggest Bain will not be a problem for Romney if he is the candidate. I simply disagree with the notion that he should not be tested now on how he will respond to that if he is the nominee. Just my opinion.

GaltBlvnAtty on January 15, 2012 at 12:07 PM

GaltBlvnAtty on January 15, 2012 at 12:07 PM

I do understand your concern BUT I think it is being handled well now by the Romney camp and that includes those even without the camp as many people do not like to see capitalism attacked. It is the core of our economy and that is the angle that I think that Romney will take on Obama with. He will ask do you want to continue on this European socialism style economy or do we want to return to a free market style economy where you rise and fall by YOUR efforts and without government-Obama interference.

What do you think?

g2825m on January 15, 2012 at 12:13 PM

workingclass artist on January 15, 2012 at 12:03 PM

It looks like Perry idea to pay a $5 million bribe to Hugo Chavez to move some people to Texas might work.

But a lot of the other numbers resemble O-like hocus pocus:

kunegetikos on January 15, 2012 at 12:13 PM

MJBrutus on January 15, 2012 at 11:43 AM

..I am sorry, but you are going to get absolutely NOWHERE by adopting this whining, gloating, haughty, arrogant, establishment tone in your unfettered boosterism of Mittens. Your continual missing of the point that the Jedi Masters of the RNC and GOP are controlling this election, have bought off pollsters, are consorting with right wing MSM stooges like Hannity, BOReilly, Ingraham, Wallace, Colter, et al, and have employed a fleet of HG commenters to push their vicious message out on conservative blogs is both abhorrent and offensive.

“/”

(Of course.)

The War Planner on January 15, 2012 at 12:15 PM

And on another note, cue same talking heads spouting nonsense about Republicans hosing blacks in 3…2…

/mlk

Ryan Anthony on January 15, 2012 at 12:16 PM

The War Planner on January 15, 2012 at 12:15 PM

You lost me at Jedi Masters…

haha

g2825m on January 15, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Face it: There are two governors with better governing records than the Mittster.

One apparently thinks it a bright idea to do a bad Fonzie imitation; the other seems to want to ape Mo on the “The 3 Stooges.”

kunegetikos on January 15, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Flora Duh on January 15, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Bingo! This is what bothers me the most about Romney. Gingrich can at least admit to his mistakes. Romney doesn’t think he makes any.

sloopy on January 15, 2012 at 12:24 PM

The War Planner on January 15, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Ah yes, it is the mind controlling masters of the universe who are forcing people to ignore the endorsements of the holy rollers. It isn’t as though their influence has gone the way of the balanced budget. No, The Establishment has used their magical powers to make people think that pulpit politics is a curse on the nation. Even in IA and SC, the belly of the bully beast, the Talibangelists are on the run. And its all because The Establishment of RINOs has bent the unwashed masses to their will.

MJBrutus on January 15, 2012 at 12:31 PM

sloopy on January 15, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Sloopy, this was about Gingrich making a POLITICAL move and not so much of admitting anything wrong, which he did not, he only said IF there is anything wrong in the video to take it out. I believe it is still running…case in point, Gingrich was trying to use be politically savvy and disingenuous. Most people saw through this…

g2825m on January 15, 2012 at 12:32 PM

g2825m on January 15, 2012 at 12:13 PM

..etc.

Yeoman duty this AM sir (or madam, as the case may warrant). Expect accusations of your being on Romney’s payroll in 5..4..3..

The War Planner on January 15, 2012 at 12:36 PM

g2825m on January 15, 2012 at 12:32 PM

It’s amazing how many are led by the nose. Newt, the man who put his name on the map by practicing and in many ways pioneering personal politics pretends to be the sincere seeker of harmony. So he drops the pretense when his numbers fall and then piously tells us how he asked his dogs to heel, but they just won’t listen.

I don’t fault Newt for his tactics, he’s playing the game. But come on people, you can’t all have dropped off the same turnip truck!

MJBrutus on January 15, 2012 at 12:39 PM

workingclass artist on January 15, 2012 at 12:03 PM

I notice that you had no answer to everything else said at

kunegetikos on January 15, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Prolly cuz no answer is available.

I suppose a lot of the (hypothetical) heartless people who judge everyone by the sound of their names and that Perry’s wants for his base (according to Perry’s own assessment, not mine) are pissed at Perry in the same way that they would be pissed at their own team’s QB if he threw 5 pick-6s in the first quarter. They wanted him benched.

He got a big cheer when he ran out onto the field for the first time in his boots, if you recall. He came by hostility the old fashion way. He earned it.

kunegetikos on January 15, 2012 at 12:42 PM

The War Planner on January 15, 2012 at 12:36 PM

haha Thanks. It is actually PM over here for me in Afghanistan and so I am ready to head to bed soon.

I have been accused in the past of being on Romney’s payroll…I wish! I would like some of that bank. I just am one of MANY military members (and TPer) that supports Romney. I believe he is the RIGHT man for THIS SPECIFIC time in our nation’s history.

g2825m on January 15, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Damn Sraight!

Gig Em’
Perry 2012

workingclass artist on January 15, 2012 at 10:36 AM

LOL. This is what Perry supporters have been reduced to. Can’t wait till after South Carolina so Perry can exit stage left (the same side he’s been attacking Romney from) and take all his brain dead supporters with him.

News flash – you can’t win an election when you call your base “heartless” and racist, and then fail to remember the 3rd point of your 3 point plan.

Ruiner on January 15, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Flora Duh on January 15, 2012 at 11:55 AM

No, I have nothing against you. It’s as simple as this: I, Romney supporter, come to this site and register. What do I see in the comment section? Comment after comment of absolutely idiotic Romney-bashing. Dismayed, I say to myself, “this isn’t going to go unmocked. more people ought to be making fun of these idiot Romney-bashers.” So I decide to call the morons exactly what I think they are. Simple as that.

Despite what you suggest, no one is attacking anyone over a lack of “undying” Romney allegiance. No, people are criticizing those who are so convinced (probably because of what they hear on talk radio) that Romney is being foisted upon them by shadowy overlords. Me, personally? I save my harshest words for those conspiracy theorists and also for the people who think Perry (or Palin) would make an excellent nominee, though I realize there is some overlap among those groups. It is so absurd to me that anyone could honestly believe that Perry or Palin could ever stand a chance of winning a national election. It has nothing to do with their politics, really… it’s just that both come across as incompetent, unprepared people who can’t inspire confidence. Oh, and don’t get me started on Newt. Now, if someone were for Santorum (competent, decent, accomplished) or Huntsman (competent, decent, accomplished), then I could at least respect their opinion. Even Ron Paul supporters don’t bug me that much. Well, I take that back, they can be awfully annoying at times in YouTube comments… hehe.

I am totally against anyone trying to tell Romney supporters (of all people!) to mind their manners while the likes of angryed and other hateful, bigoted Perry groupies are running amok, littering these comment sections with their stupidity. I see absolutely no harm whatsoever in making fun of people like them. I have no interest in kissing up to them. Sometimes you just have to respond in kind.

bluegill on January 15, 2012 at 12:45 PM

g2825m on January 15, 2012 at 12:00 PM

I understand and appreciate those arguments.
What I think Republican primary voters need to see is Romney himself addressing specific instances of what Bain did. That is the challenge he will have in the general if he is the nominee.
By the way, I think that a second Obama term would be much worse for America than his first term. Further, in that regard, if Obama loses in November 2012 I expect to see him pillage our country in his last 2 months as president, including a wholesale pardon of people in his administration and of all federal prisoners fitting certain demographic profiles.

GaltBlvnAtty on January 15, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Ruiner on January 15, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Very well put!

bluegill on January 15, 2012 at 12:51 PM

GaltBlvnAtty on January 15, 2012 at 12:46 PM

True that! Could you see him expunging all of Bill Ayers activity from the ’70′s? What? Blow up police stations? Pentagon? What Marxism? I would be afraid of a last minute rush of a SCOTUS appt as well that the Moderate Repubs cave on

Actually who know who I would like to see REMOVED from his position and has been a BANE on the Republican momentum?
Mitch McConnell! That guy needs to go. He has been too wobbly for way too long. Come on Kentucky! Help us out!

g2825m on January 15, 2012 at 12:54 PM

bluegill on January 15, 2012 at 12:45 PM

In just 6 short days CS will vote and most of the obnoxious supporters for the losers will slink off, having no choice but to admit that the people are overwhelmingly for Mitt. It isn’t even close. Romney is on the verge of sweeping every state in the union. Those who can’t see it, won’t until it happens. The only states that were ever in jeopardy are about 1/2 dozen in the South. Of those, Mitt’s opponents couldn’t even get on the ballot in VA.

When Mitt takes SC the race will be over and done with to such an extent that not even the dead enders would be willing to beclown themselves so far as to deny it.

MJBrutus on January 15, 2012 at 1:05 PM

In just 6 short days CS

Err, that’s SC :-)

MJBrutus on January 15, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Dear Perrykrishnas:

For the record: Perry could still win if Newt continues to go full-blown suicide bomber on Mitt; the damage starts to take; Newt’s faithful peel off and choose Perry instead of Santorum; and Santorum meanwhile drops out and endorses lil rickie, even though he polls at several multiples of Perry’s numbers. Rickie has the best commercials, not that they excite me personally, him claiming, by turns, to be Reagan and Tebow.

You still have a chance. See, I am all Hot Gas ecumenical for a sec. :)

kunegetikos on January 15, 2012 at 1:07 PM

xxessw on January 15, 2012 at 11:07 AM

anyone who questions the Texas record on jobs shows their lack of knowledge. We have 1300 people moving here everyday because more jobs are being created here than in all the other states put together. Some other states have lower unemployment rates because their workers have quit looking or moved to Texas.

Similarly in the US, U-3 unemployment rate is down because so many have dropped out of the job search, so the work force is actually smaller now than it was when Obama took office. Here’s a good graph on the difference between and the US:

Please do not do the Dems’ work for them and dis the Texas job record. In order to save this country we need to promote the red state/Texas model, no matter who our nominee is, because it’s the successful model.

juliesa on January 15, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Ms. Duh, maybe you are just in a foul mood because your preferred candidate is doing terribly and isn’t expected to make much of a showing tonight.

bluegill on January 10, 2012 at 7:41 PM

That is a portion of your first comment ever to me. I had not said one word about, or against, Governor Romney, but you took umbrage with a comment I had made to someone else.

bluegill on January 15, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Hmm.

Oh really? And would you mind enlightening everyone, including me, who my preferred candidate is?

Flora Duh on January 10, 2012 at 7:45 PM

I couldn’t possibly take a guess, but I do know that, come November, you will vote for Romney, and you will like it.

bluegill on January 10, 2012 at 7:48 PM

But I saved the best for last.

…Jailbreak is fun and lighthearted and right on the money with his/her comments. And csdeven is another great contributor, so you can just take your nasty comments somewhere else.

Attempting to shut down contrary opinion is one of the ugly garments worn by liberals.

I must say, you wear it well.

Flora Duh on January 15, 2012 at 1:15 PM

bluegill on January 15, 2012 at 12:45 PM

You and jailbreak are the two most obnoxious commenters here, by far, IMHO. You two are the only ones who are snotty. Very few Romney supporters are snotty, but all the snotty people are Romney supporters. It doesn’t speak well of the candidate, who BTW I will vote for over Obama, but who doesn’t need or want my money.

juliesa on January 15, 2012 at 1:16 PM

But a lot of the other numbers resemble O-like hocus pocus:

kunegetikos on January 15, 2012 at 12:13 PM

You’re totally wrong. Check this link out:

“However, when I was watching the GOP debate and pro-Perry people started bringing up Rick Perry’s job numbers as a cudgel against other candidates, I looked into the BLS data on Texas jobs. Having familiarized myself with the data, I started noticing claims on the Texas jobs data that started popping up that directly contradicted what I was seeing in the data. So I wanted to clear up a couple of these common misconceptions.”

NbyNW on January 15, 2012 at 1:22 PM