NFL Divisional playoffs day 1 open thread

posted at 8:00 am on January 14, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Since I was on the road in New Hampshire last week, I didn’t get much of an opportunity to watch the wild-card round of football games … with one exception.  Thanks to the last really bad day of a nasty head cold, I ended up staying in my hotel room to watch the Pittsburgh Steelers play the Tim Tebow-led Denver Broncos, and … let’s just say it didn’t work out as well as I’d hoped.  It was actually a fantastic game, and the Steelers came back from 14 down at the half to take it into overtime.  However, it took longer to explain the convoluted playoff-OT rule than it did to actually end the OT period, which only took 11 seconds and one 80-yard TD pass on a slant route.

Needless to say, I went 1-1 in my first set of picks for the playoffs.

Today we have two great games on tap:

• Saints at 49ers — San Francisco has only lost one game at home all year, while New Orleans has lost three on the road.  The Niners had a whole division of weak competitors, although Seattle came on in the second half and looked pretty good.  The Saints destroyed the Lions last week, and while their defense looks like it will have some problems, the Saints have the top-ranked passing offense going up against the 16th-ranked passing defense.  They also have Drew Brees, who has playoff and Super Bowl experience, while the 49ers have not been here in a long time.  I’ll take New Orleans, 34-30 in a shootout.
  • Broncos at Patriots — Hey, I like Tim Tebow.  I even liked him when he beat my Steelers.  Tebow is a class act, especially off the football field, to which I’ll return in a moment.  Tebow even has playoff-like experience by way of the college national championship game at the end of the 2008 season, which he won.  But let’s not kid ourselves here.  The 8-8 Broncos defeated a beaten-up Steeler team without key personnel (including their starting running back and two defensive starters) at home, and it took them an overtime period to do it.  They have to go on the road to face the #1 seeded Patriots, taking with them the 31st-rated passing offense and a defense rated 18th against the pass and 22nd against the run.  Oh, and who do they face?  Only 4-time Super Bowl QB Tom Brady and the 2nd-rated passing offense in the league.  I’ll be rooting for Tebow, but it would take a genuine, Lazarus-like miracle for the Broncos to beat the Patriots in Foxboro tomorrow evening.  The line has New England by 14 points, but they’ll beat the spread with a 35-14 win at home.

But I’m not kidding about Tebow being a class act.  ESPN’s Rick Reilly has a must-read essay titled, “I Believe in Tim Tebow” (which AP also linked last night), and you will too after reading it:

I’ve come to believe in Tim Tebow, but not for what he does on a football field, which is still three parts Dr. Jekyll and two parts Mr. Hyde.

No, I’ve come to believe in Tim Tebow for what he does off a football field, which is represent the best parts of us, the parts I want to be and so rarely am.

Who among us is this selfless?

Every week, Tebow picks out someone who is suffering, or who is dying, or who is injured, flies them and their families to the Broncos game, rents them a car, puts them up in a nice hotel, buys them dinner (usually at a Dave and Buster’s), gets them and their families pregame passes, visits with them just before kickoff (!), gets them 30-yard line tickets down low, visits with them after the game (sometimes for an hour), has them walk him to his car, and sends them off with a basket of gifts.

Home or road, win or lose, hero or goat.

Remember last week, when the world was pulling its hair out in the hour after Tebow had stunned the Pittsburgh Steelers with an 80-yard OT touchdown pass to Demaryius Thomasin the playoffs? And Twitter was exploding with 9,420 tweets about Tebow per second? When an ESPN poll was naming him the most popular athlete in America?

Tebow was spending that hour talking to 16-year-old Bailey Knaub about her 73 surgeries so far and what TV shows she likes.

It’s worth noting that there are more than a few NFL players who do this kind of outreach, and some that will soon come to the NFL, such as Oklahoma State’s Justin Blackmon, who brought a young girl who has fought cancer into remission to the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl with him after a long correspondence between the two.  Tebow does this constantly, though, and for the most part does it quietly as well.  Be sure to read the whole column, and you’ll understand why even those of us who don’t give Denver a snowball’s chance in you-know-where will still be rooting for Tebow and his teammates tonight.  I’ll be delighted to be proved wrong with this pick.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6

What the critics don’t understand is, that when it comes to the game of life, Tim Tebow has already won…even when his team loses a game.

kingsjester on January 15, 2012 at 7:22 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA TOM TERRIFIC AND THE HOODIE ARE CRUSHING ‘god’ and his gay kid as well they should since they don’t exist and the donkeys aren’t a very good team compared to the Pats.

Your Mamma loves me on January 14, 2012 at 10:31 PM

REJOICE! ‘god” and jebus were soundly thrashed by Tom Terrific and The Hoodie! “god” and his homosexual son couldn’t stand up to the Hoodies game plan and Tom Terrific golden rifle of an arm.

Your Mamma loves me on January 15, 2012 at 2:16 AM

HA, yes. he’s a decent person, he has humility, he helps sick kids and gives to charity.

What a sucker… or something like that. Right?

I’m guessing you don’t just hate Christians, but all decent people because they make you feel small and mean and useless.

Mostly because you’re small and mean and useless.

You know, instead of hating decent people for being decent, you might try being less of a complete jackhole… but let me guess, that would require effort and take away from being a self-absorbed narcissist so it won’t happen?

Color me surprised.

gekkobear on January 15, 2012 at 7:22 AM

Holy Crap!

kregg on January 15, 2012 at 7:36 AM

Gee, I wonder what the game stats/Bible verse comparison will be after tonight’s game?

chumpThreads on January 14, 2012 at 10:31 PM

It was Brady 45:10 from the secular book of reality. Tebow’s imaginary god took the night off.

Annar on January 15, 2012 at 7:45 AM

Do these reprobates really think they are that clever?

tom daschle concerned on January 15, 2012 at 8:06 AM

Annar on January 15, 2012 at 7:45 AM

lol

nathor on January 15, 2012 at 8:12 AM

I would really like to understand why the intolerant, hateful Left wingers hate Tebow. Countless of players throughout the ages have prayed before, during and after a game. I am a soccer fat an too. If you watch soccer, countless of prayers cross themselves. They pray the Lord’s Prayer before a game. Muhammad Ali prayed to Allah before and after a match many times in public. Thus why the hate against Tebow? I guess you prefer to idolize the countless of drug dealing, women beaters, womanizers in the NBA, NFL, etc. that the media props up.

It is amusing how the Left hates Christians yet they call themselves open minded and tolerant.

Cpt. Kirk on January 14, 2012 at 10:56 PM

They hate Tim because he lives and breathes. He survived.

Mornin’. I got a nasty headache, puked a little and having coffee and I took Excedrin Migraine. Nope I don’t drink so it’s not a hangover.

I shut off the teevee 10 mins. before the game ended because I saw there was no way out of this one. I grumbled to the heavens, and tried to go to sleep.

Couple of minutes later, dawg without fetching ppl to let her out, peed on the carpet. P!ss’d, I dragged that beeyotch but she’s so strong and heavy that it was incredibly hard to get her to the spot. I SAT on her! So I got the carpet washer.

Couple of minutes later, she rewarded me with a nice #2 in the OTHER living room. Went there and cleaned out THAT chunk of the carpet too. Ugh.

So after the loss, grumble to Jesus and God and the dog=karma? Mr. PPF tried this am to get her to the #1 spot too without being too strong, heh-for dogs that are supposed to not have longer term memory she totally disobeyed him.

Rooting for the Ravens to claw ‘em Patriots and poke Brady with their beaks. I don’t feel Catholic today-I may turn into a Salem witch and make me a Brady doll. Pondering if I should hex him.

ProudPalinFan on January 15, 2012 at 8:23 AM

I see Tebow still has the haters worked up. The thing you losers don’t see is that how Tebow will treat this defeat will only attract more to G-d.

CW on January 15, 2012 at 8:47 AM

CW on January 15, 2012 at 8:47 AM

Tim Tewho? And what hell is “G-d”? What’s significant about g through d?

M240H on January 15, 2012 at 9:37 AM

I like Tebow, can’t understand why fans would hate him so much, but he just doesn’t have an NFL arm. Maybe if he can learn to throw a spiral and improve his accuracy he will become a good quarterback. The only reason the Broncos made the playoffs is because of their defence. We saw last night what a hall of fame quarterback will do to a good defense when he has time to throw the ball. Brady could have thrown 8 or 9 touchdowns if he chose to.

steel guy on January 15, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Tim Tewho? And what hell is “G-d”? What’s significant about g through d?

M240H on January 15, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Yep got he has you worked up.

Thanks for making my point .
You’re awesome./s

CW on January 15, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Tebow did well enough to get there.

People forget that the Pats had a lot to prove. Brady had lost every previous playoff appearance since the 2008 Super Bowl appearance against the Giants, and they were here to put the League (and the Green Bay Packers) on notice.

That said, Denver was a decent team from the weakest conference in football, the AFC West. They overachieved and were lucky to get as far as they did. The only reason they were in the playoffs at all was because of Tebow’s leadership and growth as a quarterback.

Kyle Orton never would have got them this far.

That said, Denver needs to start mixing the spread option with the pro-set. The Spread will become like the Wildcat before too long if John Fox is not careful. Tebow is becoming a better quarterback as time goes by. He grew a lot this year and became a leader and a good quarterback. That may be all that is needed to take Denver forward IF Denver can start putting the other pieces of the puzzle into place.

victor82 on January 15, 2012 at 9:50 AM

CW on January 15, 2012 at 9:47 AM

He hasn’t got me worked up at all; he seems like a very nice person. He seems like a very nice person edngaged in an industry designed to liberate morons from their money. And you morons defend him by saying we must be fans of the scumbags of the league. Well, he must think they’re all pretty okay guys by working with them every day. Me, I quit watching football and the rest of the entertainment for idiots on TV years ago.

Nope, Timmy doesn’t bother me; it’s the very large number of fools like you that find meaningful significance in his behavior that bother me.

M240H on January 15, 2012 at 9:59 AM

With apologies to Favre, Marino, Manning, Bradshaw, Tarkington, Unitas, Brees etc. If Brady wins the Superbowl I’d have to say he will go down as the best QB of all time. When this guy has time his accuracy, vision, mental toughness, range and decision making are the best I’ve ever seen.

steel guy on January 15, 2012 at 10:03 AM

What on earth do the 40% of Americans who believe God helps Tebow win doing today? Do they think that God just wanted Tebow to get this far? *SIGH* I wish more Christians worked more on strengthening their personal relationship with Christ and work on their own lives than finding golden calfs like Tim Tebow to worship.

libfreeordie on January 15, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Your Mamma loves me on January 14, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Your Mamma loves me on January 15, 2012 at 2:16 AM

Tim Tewho? And what hell is “G-d”? What’s significant about g through d?

M240H on January 15, 2012 at 9:37 AM

There’s that “secular love”, so thick you can cut it with a chainsaw.

: )

listens2glenn on January 15, 2012 at 10:06 AM

libfreeordie on January 15, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Thread winner.

Or at the very least, in the running.

On a lighter note; you weren’t proposing that we grind Tim T. into powder, mix it with water, and make all those swooning “Tim Tebow worshiping christians” drink it, were you?

listens2glenn on January 15, 2012 at 10:14 AM

steel guy on January 15, 2012 at 10:03 AM

I noticed in your earlier (9:45 AM) post, you complained about Tebow thusly:

…he just doesn’t have an NFL arm. Maybe if he can learn to throw a spiral and improve his accuracy he will become a good quarterback.

When he showed up at the 2000 Scouting Combine, the same things were said about Tom Brady. He ended up being the 7th QB picked in that draft.

Del Dolemonte on January 15, 2012 at 10:24 AM

How ghastly. But don’t be surprised if a few of the 43% (http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/some-43-percent-americans-believe-god-helps-tebow-win-football-games) don’t make an altar out of Jockey white-T’s, perhaps even lighting a pyre of some kind with them.

libfreeordie on January 15, 2012 at 10:25 AM

I’d fire whoever is the Offensive Coordinator. Catch a couple of better receivers, and I dunno what to make about Coach Fox-it seems people are 50/50 with him.

Gawd I miss Coach Cowher!

And my eyes last night could not believe that somehow the Pats got the whole bench empty/ so five or six guys were on top of any Bronco player/. It was like too many men at too different spots at different times. It always looked like there were more Pats players on the field.

Geesh!

ProudPalinFan on January 15, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Santorum = Tebow?

Romney = Brady?

profitsbeard on January 15, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Del Dolemonte on January 15, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Obviously they who said that were wrong. Brady had improved a bit since his Superbowl winning rookie year but showed a great arm from the minute Bledsoe went down. He didn’t start his senior year in college, I think due to injury, but he has been throwing a pretty spiral since I’ve been watching.

steel guy on January 15, 2012 at 10:44 AM

libfreeordie on January 15, 2012 at 10:05 AM

I wish more Christians believed what their Bible told them.

hawkdriver on January 15, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Was Brady Quinn injured or something? How does he not get a look after the pats went up 42-7?

RightOFLeft on January 15, 2012 at 10:51 AM

RightOFLeft on January 15, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Perhaps they were hoping for a miracle?

steel guy on January 15, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Del Dolemonte on January 15, 2012 at 10:24 AM

steel guy on January 15, 2012 at 10:44 AM

No, Brady played a full season his senior year at Michigan. The team went 10-2 that year.

Earlier in this thread I posted youtube links for a great documentary about Brady, which in Part 1 shows his college career. Part 2 shows him at the Scouting Combine.

Del Dolemonte on January 15, 2012 at 11:02 AM

You knew it was going to be like this. Atheists are more excited that he lost than Christians ever were when he won. Big victory for you Atheists crossing your fingers and wishing for a pretty decent dude to lose because of his faith. Because, of his faith.

Watched the game myself. Brady was great.

hawkdriver on January 15, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Perhaps they were hoping for a miracle?

steel guy on January 15, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Like a mid-quarter rule change that makes field goals worth 6 touchdowns? There’s a point when you have to give some other guys a chance. The craziest thing is they were still running their regular “option” offense when the score started to get away from them. Fox doesn’t have enough faith in Tebow to let him air it out, but he’s leaving him in the game? It doesn’t make sense. If they were at home, I’d get it. There would’ve been a fan revolt. But it was in Foxborough.

That game was over as soon as the pats went up 21-7. The Pats went to a hurry-up run-n-gun type game and Denver didn’t even try to keep up. Brady Quinn has a pretty good case to be upset he didn’t get a chance.

RightOFLeft on January 15, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Del Dolemonte on January 15, 2012 at 11:02 AM

I stand corrected. But I still don’t see Tebow as having the same potential of a young Brady. Those wobbly passes remind me of Billy Kilmer. Maybe history will prove me wrong. I do hope the best for this young man of great character.

BTW Del, I have been enjoying reading yours and other regulars comments at H.A. for years but always seemed to miss registration time, so I could never join in the conversation until recently.

steel guy on January 15, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Brady has great eyes, he is very quick at seeing and accessing his options and choosing the best. Some of that is experience, a lot of it is individual talent. Either young Mr. Tebow will learn it, compensate for the lack of it or be a minor blip in the NFL. But he’ll never be a minor blip of a human and I’d take that any day of the week.

Cindy Munford on January 15, 2012 at 11:32 AM

steel guy on January 15, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Thanks for the shout out! Welcome to Hot Gas.

Del Dolemonte on January 15, 2012 at 11:45 AM

One thing that was apperent with Brady from the begining was his superior decision making ability under pressure, especially when compared to Bledsoe who he replaced. Bledsoe had an arm as strong as or stronger than Bradys but he seemed to lack the field vision and/or instincts that Brady has.

steel guy on January 15, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Thanks for the shout out! Welcome to Hot Gas.

Del Dolemonte on January 15, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Thanks. I actually followed Ed here from Captians Quarters which I had been following since the 2004 campaign.

steel guy on January 15, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Very cute headline on Drudge about this game.

PattyJ on January 15, 2012 at 12:01 PM

I have no ill will toward Tebow or the Broncos, he seems like a genuine nice guy who takes his faith seriously. I don’t think he’s very good at football, though – too one dimensional, and it bit them. No help from his O line, and he’s done. My only problem with Tebow is nothing HE did, but it was hype around him created by some of his fans who are TOO devout in their faith and attribute Tebow’s and the Broncos success directly to God’s favor. I heard a lot of that these past two weeks. Well, I hate to break the news to them, but God doesn’t follow football. Too many players on the field doing their praying for God to be so selective (aside from general player safety), and frankly, to say God takes time out to pick winners in football means he’s not taking that time to cure cancer or avoid auto accidents, etc. It’s insulting.

Besides, anyone who watched the Steelers/Broncos game can tell ya the Broncos didn’t need God to help them beat the Steelers, since they got all the help they needed from the Steelers themselves.

Thus, Satan and the Anti-Chr!st themselves, Bill Belichick and Tom Brady, struck down the Broncos, and will advance to the hated Purple Browns.

Saltyron on January 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Most instances of Tebow hate are not based on one single thing the kid has said and the punditry has only themselves to blame for what they have created. They are providing the platform and the contrast and then gripe about it. I am sure there are many fine men in the NFL and they deserve recognition over the the thugs and criminals. Come on liberals, do it for the children.

Cindy Munford on January 15, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Tebow is a fine, courageous young man of superb moral character. These liberals and leftists don’t understand that he is not asking God to help him win football games . . . to the contrary, he is simply thanking God for just being in his life. The Godless left will never understand.

rplat on January 15, 2012 at 12:45 PM

It has always amazed me how believers can see the presence of god in everyday life while non-believers can see the same things and it re-enforces their disbelief. Similar to conservatives versus liberals in that they will never understand the others point of view and come to the conclusion that the other side is either neive or evil.

steel guy on January 15, 2012 at 12:48 PM

The libs don’t hate Tebow because he prays. Lots of players do that and have done so for years.

They hate him because his mother didn’t abort him. Plain and simple.

angryed on January 15, 2012 at 12:51 PM

steel guy on January 15, 2012 at 12:48 PM

It is so very odd.

Cindy Munford on January 15, 2012 at 12:54 PM

angryed on January 15, 2012 at 12:51 PM

I’ve alway suspected that they hate Sarah Palin mostly because she didn’t have an abortion.

steel guy on January 15, 2012 at 12:59 PM

I didn’t think Denver had a chance because of their lack of a good defense. That the offense was unable to keep the ball moving was a serious blow because then the defense does not get adequate rest between stints in the game.

Personally, I don’t care if Tebow ever becomes one of the NFL greats. It’s just a game, and what he is great at is all that counts in life. God isn’t going to care a whit about how we made a living, but he will care about our faith/lack thereof, and what we did with what he allowed us.

Quartermaster on January 15, 2012 at 1:07 PM

steel guy on January 15, 2012 at 12:59 PM

I agree.

angryed on January 15, 2012 at 1:29 PM

If Tebow was actually a good NFL quarterback he could do baptisms at halftime and it wouldn’t matter. There’s something gratingly unfair about the way the cult of Tebow worships him when the rest of his team is doing most of the work. I’m sure he’s a great guy, but so are a lot of NFL players (most of them, in fact). Most of them are deeply religious, too. There’s nothing special about Tebow’s character compared to the NFL norm, he’s just louder about his religion than most players.

RightOFLeft on January 15, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Thanks for the shout out! Welcome to Hot Gas.

Del Dolemonte on January 15, 2012 at 11:45 AM

steel guy on January 15, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Some but not all of the CQ posters followed Ed over here, including some of the Ace CQ Trolls!

Del Dolemonte on January 15, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Thus, Satan and the Anti-Chr!st themselves, Bill Belichick and Tom Brady

Saltyron on January 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM

LOL…jealous?

Belichick deserves his own religion. After all, look at all of his success in turning NFL bad-boy players into altar boys!

As for the evil Tom Brady, he’s a Roman Catholic.

Del Dolemonte on January 15, 2012 at 2:13 PM

he’s just louder about his religion than most players.

RightOFLeft on January 15, 2012 at 1:45 PM

How is he louder?

Cindy Munford on January 15, 2012 at 2:38 PM

RightOFLeft on January 15, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Tim Tebow is not audibly, or visibly trying to grab people’s attention and turn it towards himself.

Tim’s words and actions have been AMPLIFIED by third parties, without his consent or desire for it.

listens2glenn on January 15, 2012 at 4:06 PM

angryed on January 15, 2012 at 12:51 PM

steel guy on January 15, 2012 at 12:59 PM

SP exposed the feminist lie for what it is. I’ve grown to be very disappointed with each “conservative” who couldn’t see that and their lack of defending the woman.

The same thing with Tebow. He should have been aborted and, again, it lies waste to the liberal argument of disposable babies. You don’t want the millions of women who aborted to really think hard about their decision.

More Tebow and more of people like him, please. It exposes the lie(s) that liberalism is built on.

kim roy on January 15, 2012 at 4:52 PM

How is he louder?

Cindy Munford on January 15, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Sorry to respond so much later. The Super Bowl commercial, “Tebowing,” his press conferences. He’s far more vocal about his religion than other players. There’s nothing wrong with that, of course. I don’t have a problem with Tebow. It’s the way he’s treated by the media and fans (which admittedly isn’t his fault), like we should all stop thinking rationally about him as a football player because he’s exceptionally enthusiastic about his brand of Christianity.

RightOFLeft on January 15, 2012 at 5:06 PM

LOL…jealous?

As for the evil Tom Brady, he’s a Roman Catholic.

Del Dolemonte on January 15, 2012 at 2:13 PM

I doubt Belicheck has faith in the Holy Spirit – it ain’t real to Bill unless he catches it on tape. ;)

Saltyron on January 15, 2012 at 5:06 PM

listens2glenn on January 15, 2012 at 4:06 PM

The guy made an anti-abortion commercial that aired during the Superbowl. With his consent. It was his desire to do it. It was audible and visible during the perennially most-watched television event.

And although I agree with the aim of the commercial, and I believe Tebow’s convictions are genuine, I think the need for people like you to engage in hero-worship, and your willingness to tell bald lies, demonstrates a moral turpitude that belies any claims to piety.

Which is kind of a long way o’ sayin’: You’re an a**.

M240H on January 15, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Touchdown Giants!

rbj on January 15, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Another Packer fumble!

And Giant touchdown!

rbj on January 15, 2012 at 7:25 PM

That T.D. Should seal the deal.

rbj on January 15, 2012 at 7:45 PM

My Gophers won today and the Pack is two minutes from going down.

Great great sports day :)

gophergirl on January 15, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Giants win! Ed, please pick the 49ers next week.

rbj on January 15, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Hey, where is the thread the dumbass Daily Beast typist said Rodgers is the greatest quarterback of all times?

galtani on January 15, 2012 at 8:09 PM

RightOFLeft on January 15, 2012 at 5:06 PM

I watch his news conferences on Denver’s site, after thanking Jesus he almost always discusses football. Football players have been taking knees for years, I think we have the press to thank for it now being called Tebowing.

Cindy Munford on January 15, 2012 at 8:51 PM

The Giants stomped Aaron Rogers’ Packers. Damage unfortunately not covered by State Farm. *rimshot*
Tim Tebow had more playoff wins than the “unbeatable” Packers this year.

itsnotaboutme on January 15, 2012 at 8:55 PM

listens2glenn on January 15, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Which is kind of a long way o’ sayin’: You’re an a**.

M240H on January 15, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Because he made one ad two years ago, you’re calling Tebow an attention addict & listens2glenn a bald liar?

itsnotaboutme on January 15, 2012 at 8:58 PM

itsnotaboutme on January 15, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Where did I say anything negative about Tebow? You’re making the same claim that glennfanboy is making, namely that I’m disparaging Tebow for his overt religous displays. Hasn’t happened. And I don’t think he’s any more of an attention whores than any other NFL quarterback. Or any less; he is perfectly willing to utilize his fame. I acknowledge that he does so for clearly good causes.

But I think it’s a bit early to canonize the man. And I find his ardent defenders even sillier than his detractors. It’s just me, but if have to, I’ll take the cynic over the blind follower. And “listenstoglenn” apparently is blind follower willing to tell bald lies in defense of his current hero.

M240H on January 15, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Tim Tebow had more playoff wins than the “unbeatable” Packers this year.

itsnotaboutme on January 15, 2012 at 8:55 PM

That was pretty embarrassing for the Packers, to get slapped around in their own stadium like that.

Have some tasty Blue Cheese, Packer fans…….

Dreadnought on January 15, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Hey – wasn’t there an article running around here entitled “The Greatest Quarterback Of All Time” about Aaron Rogers?…….Whatever happened with that?

williamg on January 15, 2012 at 10:53 PM

itsnotaboutme on January 15, 2012 at 8:58 PM

M240H on January 15, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Sorry, it’s been a busier weekend than I’m use to, and as such I haven’t been able to keep up with the threads today.

Thank you for putting up a defense in my absence, itsnotaboutme.
Within the world-view you and I embrace as a ‘standard of commonsense,’ that anti-abortion commercial wouldn’t constitute an act of “attention grabbing media prostitution.”
But, to quote the late Paul Harvey; “It’s not one-world.”

But to M240H I’ll say this: Tim Tebow and I have the same hero, and I don’t believe Tim worships himself.
However, if you believe Tim T. is actively engaged in narcissistic behavior, then you feel free to continue to express that belief as best you can, anywhere you can (especially here).
In the meantime, others here as well as myself will feel free to continue casting duragatory dispersions upon your beliefs even as you have cast them upon ours, because we’re allowed to (within the Hotair.com rules of conduct).

Nothing more to add, so (YAWN) goodnight all.

listens2glenn on January 16, 2012 at 12:00 AM

steel guy on January 15, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Tebow is a pefect quarterback to have on a team that likes to use the ‘wildcat’ option during a game. His strengths outweigh his weaknesses.

Cherokee on January 16, 2012 at 8:45 AM

Of course, the downside of the playoffs is that ESPN will still rank ‘people throwing a ball’ above this in their list of top 10 plays.

Ridiculous. Would you believe this came in at number 9? Find me 8 sporting moments that happened on a single day that could top this.

Augh.

Reaps on January 16, 2012 at 9:46 AM

To ALL the losers that find it impossible to post w/o showing their blatant NPS (aka Napoleon Pecker Syndrome)……….I’ll just plagiarize Travis Tritt:

Here’s a Quarter……