Sarah Palin takes it to Michelle Obama

posted at 5:25 pm on January 12, 2012 by Tina Korbe

In an interview with Sean Hannity last night, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin made evident the ridiculousness of recent comments from First Lady Michelle Obama to Gayle King.

In case you missed it, the FLOTUS told King that she thinks anyone who is disappointed in her husband’s presidency just doesn’t know what he’s accomplished. His detractors are confused, that’s all.

Yesterday evening, Hannity played the clip of Mrs. O’s remarks to Sarah Palin — and SP’s posture and expression after she watches that clip say it all. Michelle Obama is out of touch, and Palin knows it better than most.

Sadly, Michelle Obama’s answer to Sarah Palin’s question probably would be, in her heart of hearts, “yes.” Remember, this is the woman who had never been proud of her country until Americans elected her husband to the presidency. She probably does think we’re “numbskulls out here in the heartland of America.” If we don’t reelect Obama, will she cease to be proud of us and what our country represents? I’d guess so.

Incidentally, I like Sarah Palin best when she fills this role, when she’s acting not like a media queen, but like an ordinary American taxpayer who is incensed at the irresponsible way in which the Obamas have spent our money. Theoretically, that’s who Sarah Palin always is — but she very, very clearly projects that image in this video.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Confused? I’m not confused–Obutthead and Mooch Obamtoinette must go. What’s not to get about that? Sarah said it straight.

And if there’s anything we don’t know, well, I guess then it must be the opaqueness of the transparent administration that’s blocking it from us.

stukinIL4now on January 13, 2012 at 12:26 AM

No, Sarah Palin has not done more harm to the ‘Tea Party movement’ than anyone, and no, she is not some Disney sorceress responsible for blocking viable Tea Party candidates from entering the presidential race–or any other race, for that matter. Nor is she responsible for the waning influence of those identifying themselves as Tea Party voters. She supported McCain because she felt (rightfully) indebted to McCain, not because she bears any animus toward any candidate extolled as a Tea Party favorite.

Do you not think that her Paris Hilton tour in her banner bus, before and during the primaries dissuaded other candidates from running?

You mean to tell me that with the 300,000,000 people in the United States that Mittens, Romney, Santurom and RuPaul are the only people out there that are qualified to be President?

No, all she has did in her ignorance — maybe — is limit our choices by intimidating other hopefuls by pretending coning America by acting like she was going to run for President.

Can you give a more reasonable or logical reason as to why she showed her rear with her bus ride to nowhere?

conservativeBC on January 13, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Now how about trying to excuse Paris Palin, her bus tour to nowhere and her selfishly letting those dummies try to vote her in when they could be putting their support behind someone who is running.
She is killing the conservative movement
conservativeBC on January 12, 2012 at 10:20 PM

You definately sleep with a nightlight and believe in boogeymen

Sonosam on January 13, 2012 at 12:54 AM

conservativeBC on January 13, 2012 at 12:51 AM

G o o d G r i e f

tom daschle concerned on January 13, 2012 at 1:09 AM

when she’s acting not like a media queen

Jealous, much?…

Gohawgs on January 13, 2012 at 1:24 AM

conservativeBC on January 13, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Uhhh, the first primary was this week…

Gohawgs on January 13, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Uh…..no? And anyone that easily dissuaded wouldn’t have much of a chance anyway.

conservativeBC

Nope. They’re just the ones who decided to run. The other folks who are qualified apparently don’t want the job.

xblade on January 13, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Sarah, you do a great job when you take on Obama. When you take on the GOP? Not so much.

Buy Danish on January 12, 2012 at 6:11 PM

She tends to “take on” corruption, and sometimes it’s in the GOP.

Good for her.

But let’s be clear. Romney is not corrupt.

He’s just a fraud.

tom on January 13, 2012 at 2:29 AM

You definately sleep with a nightlight and believe in boogeymen

If that is the case the all but a very small percent of conservatives have their lights on right now.

I am not the only conservative that is feed up with Paris Hilton Palin.

That you can be sure of.

conservativeBC on January 13, 2012 at 2:35 AM

IMO, I think MO, comments were in response to Hollywood types like Matt Damon/Jolie, liberal base and Black leaders that are not happy with Barry saying he has not done enough.
but the talk radio narrative from hannity who has a stack of memory bank little quotes like rain man he spouts about mindlessly like rain man trying to create the impression that the Obamas are the “others” who hate America, it’s Derrangement stuff

residentblue on January 12, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Tried to follow that, but it was like someone writing in stream of consciousness mode. Without the consciousness.

tom on January 13, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Tina,

I really have no idea what Gov Palin did to you or your friends but I think it is time you grow up and leave your catty remarks back in grade school. I have yet to see one post by you about Palin with out some type of slam on the woman. We get it you don’t like her. You think she should be in the back of the bus not driving it. fine. But know this whenever you think or write about Gov Palin. she has accomplished more in her lifetime than most adults. She has proven that she is smarter and better than most politicans. And she has constantly run rings around you and other media types. when I see a post of yours about Palin all I see is your envy.

unseen on January 13, 2012 at 2:51 AM

You’re welcome, and thanks. It felt good. I am a new person here, and this is why I wanted to register. For the times I’ve wanted to do this but couldn’t!

Night Owl on January 12, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Good for you. Palin’s not perfect, and I realize there are some that want to idolize her. But that’s true of any politician capable of getting more than 5 votes.

So I’ve never had any patience for the people who keep throwing out terms like “Palin cultists” while they sound 3 times as obsessive and irrational about Palin, just in a negative way.

tom on January 13, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Both Palin and Sorenson did Bachmann dirty.

Second, why would she subject herself to another VP run?

Her ultimate goal is the White House.

apocalypse on January 12, 2012 at 11:37 PM

As if Bachmann ever had a shot. One of the first things she did was hire Ed Rollins, who implied that Bachmann was like Palin, but almost as attractive and actually smart.

Anyone that couldn’t see that he was promoting Bachmann as a pretty face that wasn’t entirely stupid is probably not capable of following politics.

But the strangest thing about Bachmann was how she went after every other candidate in the race freely, but somehow never criticized Romney. Why, it’s almost like he was her backup plan.

Or maybe that was the plan all along: make yourself useful to the supposed front-runner and try to get a nice position from him when he wins.

Regardless, she never had a shot.

tom on January 13, 2012 at 2:59 AM

conservativeBC on January 13, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Yeah, she did such an effective job of discouraging other candidates that we wound up with Romney, Santorum, Bachmann, Paul, Gingrich, Perry, Huntsman, Pawlenty, Daniels, and Trump, among others. And of course, Buddy Roehmer.

Here’s a logical reason for the bus tour that might be a little bit easier to believe: she was seriously considering a run for the presidency.

Nah, that can’t be. Let’s try another conspiracy theory.

tom on January 13, 2012 at 3:04 AM

You betcha.

petefrt on January 13, 2012 at 5:02 AM

Although I agree with her, Palin never says anything very interesting or insightful. We need to quit giving her so much attention. I would prefer a conservative representative with more substance.

bluegill on January 13, 2012 at 6:56 AM

more substance

Flora Duh on January 13, 2012 at 7:05 AM

It’s too bad Palin didn’t run for office.

zoyclem on January 13, 2012 at 7:17 AM

To the present First Lady I would say that there have been many ex-leaders who have claimed the people do not understand. History has not been kind to those that say such.
Has it occured to her that perhaps we DO understand ?

Jabberwock on January 13, 2012 at 7:41 AM

You definately sleep with a nightlight and believe in boogeymen
I am not the only conservative that is feed up with Paris Hilton Palin.
That you can be sure of.
conservativeBC on January 13, 2012 at 2:35 AM

yeah right….

But you are acceptible to the left in that you agree with them that she isn’t electable

great job clueless one

Sonosam on January 13, 2012 at 7:43 AM

I’ve never had the impression, in all media that I’ve seen of Sarah, that she acts like a media queen.
I’ve never seen or heard her act like she’s better than anyone else or more important in any way than anyone else.
I can see there are still a bunch of insane people running around here.
Even more since the open registration.
Whoooeee!

Badger40 on January 13, 2012 at 7:54 AM

I can see there are still a bunch of insane people running around here.
Even more since the open registration.
Whoooeee!

Badger40 on January 13, 2012 at 7:54 AM

Hey ! I resemble that remark.

Jabberwock on January 13, 2012 at 8:09 AM

(Standing at fifty yard line and keying microphone)

Upon thurther review of the tape; Mrs. Obama appears to be speaking to the disaffected amongst the President’s base, not the electorate as a whole.

However, Mrs. Palin’s observation still stands; no matter which side of the aisle you stand. Mrs. Obama must think we’re numbskulls if the think they can sell this economy. Even for the disappointed progressives, saying that Teh Won accomplished much of anything after blowing all his political capital on Obamacare will go beyond Orwellian. Heck, considering that they dropped single payer, Obamacare itself is a disappointment to the progs.

kenashimame on January 13, 2012 at 9:00 AM

conservativeBC on January 13, 2012 at 12:51 AM

I take her at her word on her reasons for deciding not to run. For one thing, her husband hates the circus aspect of it all and has been somewhat vocal about it, as well as the family concerns she’s already publicly addressed. And then there are the numbers. Something like 42% of voters of both parties have said they would not vote for her under any circumstances. That is a murderous, hope-killing statistic for anyone planning a political campaign. Insofar as the bus ride is concerned, I think she wanted to test the waters but Todd Palin was probably against it from the start. So if you want to blame someone, I suggest confronting Todd Palin. Be sure to get right in his face should you see him. Make some threatening gestures, too, and show him you mean business.

Paraphrasing Lincoln, Sarah Palin has said she has the ‘fire in the belly’ to be President. I think she’ll go for it in the next four or eight years. Trig will be older and she will have established needed bona fides, built a support network of GOP politicians whom she helps elect, and–ideally–improved her credibility quotient with the public.

troyriser_gopftw on January 13, 2012 at 9:09 AM

These negative comments regarding SP are just silly at this point. Her question to MO was spot on, can’t any of you SP haters simply address issue?

She is not going away, (SP) she is infulential in politics. She is paid to give her opinions which are predominately conservative and strike a positive cord with many.

filetandrelease on January 13, 2012 at 9:10 AM

more substance

Flora Duh on January 13, 2012 at 7:05 AM

I usually agree with Palin (though I found her equivocating on Newt’s and Perry’s use of the moveon.org-style “vulture capitalist” attack to be pathetic), but I think she does much better with prepared comments. Also, whoever writes her Facebook posts always does a great job. Palin takes too long to get to her points during interviews, and usually gives these convoluted answers in a way that relies too heavily on cutesy, folksy mannerisms. How I wish Palin would have been as powerful, effective and sharp a communicator as Margaret Thatcher (one of my heroes) was. Unfortunately, Palin came off ill-prepared and shallow during interviews… and she hasn’t improved one bit to this day.

I don’t dislike Palin, but I also don’t want her to be the person people think of when they think of the Tea Party or conservatives. I would prefer someone like Paul Ryan or Marco Rubio to be the person that comes to mind.

I was also VERY opposed to Palin running for president. Although I would have certainly voted for her over Obama, I knew Palin would lose in a landslide. Romney is the one who can win.

bluegill on January 13, 2012 at 9:14 AM

I’m a fan of anyone that calls out the Obama’s when they act like the real Jackholes they truly are in their hearts.

Good job Sarah.

Dino V on January 13, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Jailbreak on January 12, 2012 at 5:38 PM

“Liberal Trolls for Romney”!

kg598301 on January 13, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Not just Michelle Obama, but all Democrats. This belief is the very foundation of their whole philosophy of government; that the people are too stupid, inept and incompetent to take care of themselves and so, like idiot children, need to be cared for by a paternal government. Personally, I find this attitude extremely insulting…and don’t understand why everyone doesn’t.

PorchDawg on January 13, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Where are Palin’s priorities?

Y-not on January 13, 2012 at 10:01 AM

bluegill on January 13, 2012 at 9:14 AM

+1000.

I absolutely cannot stand the folksy, aw shucks gee willikers stuff.

Perry has a huge problem with this smarm, too. He never spoke like this before going national. I’m a Texan, (from a little place so rural it’s difficult to believe) and WE don’t even talk like this.

It’s like they’re speaking how they think people expect them to speak.

JRCash on January 13, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Incidentally, I like Sarah Palin best when she fills this role, when she’s acting not like a media queen, but like an ordinary American taxpayer who is incensed at the irresponsible way in which the Obamas have spent our money. Theoretically, that’s who Sarah Palin always is — but she very, very clearly projects that image in this video.

When has she acted like a media queen?

Do you even ever listen to what she says? At all?

Palin is an extraordinary American Taxpayer. It would be so nice if you lost the snark and actually paid attention.

rightConcept on January 13, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Sarah is also so right on..

And I have to admit… for some reason in this segment, she just looks REALLY good. (sorry, I’m a guy, what can I say…).

DaveC_Neb on January 13, 2012 at 10:16 AM

All this negativity and hatred towards Palin.

Even Tina can’t stop from taking shots at her in every post.

Yet there sure doesn’t seem to be much excitement over our current field! After all this bashing of Palin, isn’t it time to admit that many of us wish she had actually run?

That no one is all that exited over any of these candidates, that Sarah is a real conservative who would’ve generated a ton of enthusiasm??

LevinFan on January 13, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Tina,

unseen on January 13, 2012 at 2:51 AM

Well said!!

We’d be much better off if Sarah was in the race.

LevinFan on January 13, 2012 at 10:21 AM

xblade on January 13, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Furthermore, wanting the job as badly as some people do actually makes them less qualified for it.

Mr. Prodigy on January 13, 2012 at 10:24 AM

troyriser_gopftw on January 13, 2012 at 9:09 AM

You may be right about Todd being against it from the start. We may never know.

As for numbers, I hope that wasn’t a major factor. Sarah said herself that polls were for skiers and strippers. I mean if she was running now, I think she’d be doing much better as the anti-Mittens conservative choice than Newt, Perry, and Santorum.

Sarah would’ve been a major league candidate from the start and had the best record to back it up.

It’s a shame.

LevinFan on January 13, 2012 at 10:28 AM

*Sighs* What might have been……………

ThePrez on January 12, 2012 at 5:31 PM

No kidding. Walker ’16?

Kataklysmic on January 12, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Sadly he may be looking for a job if the recall works.

wi farmgirl on January 13, 2012 at 11:01 AM

there was a viable way for Sarah to become President, my check book would come out of my pocket so fast it would leave a scorch mark on my ass.

countrybumpkin on January 12, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Same here, I will not donate to anyone else this go round.

wi farmgirl on January 13, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Interesting that Michelle didn’t even bring up Obamacare, BO’s one of many accomplishments.

So, Obamacare is not polling well with even the Obamabots?

Typicalwhitewoman on January 13, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Geez. Now I’m beginning to understand what I’ve heard about SP fans. Irrational. Hateful.

Don’t let ‘em get to you Tina. You didn’t say anything everyone (almost) doesn’t already understand about SP. And we like her.

bntafraid on January 13, 2012 at 11:10 AM

LevinFan on January 13, 2012 at 10:18 AM

There is no excitement because quite frankly, they all suck.

Seriously… Milquetoast Mitt and Ron 911Truther Paul are front runners?

What kind of bizarro world am I living in?

rightConcept on January 13, 2012 at 12:50 PM

bntafraid on January 13, 2012 at 11:10 AM

lol yeah, no snark in any of Tina’s posts about Palin. None at all. /s

rightConcept on January 13, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Her ultimate goal is the White House.

apocalypse on January 12, 2012 at 11:37 PM

If Palin’s ultimate goal is the White House, she’s sure going about it in the most roundabout way possible.

troyriser_gopftw on January 12, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Sarah Palin is not running in the Republican primaries for the same reason Mike Huckabee and Donald Trump aren’t – they know the news media would ridicule them day and night and would absolutely savagely go after them. It is different for Palin though as a VP in the sense that the media will still go after her, but her brand won’t be seen as weak if she loses in the general election compared to the Republican primaries.

Wow. I think I just achieved enlightenment.

If you really want light take John 8:12 to heart. Thanks.

apocalypse on January 13, 2012 at 12:52 PM

bluegill on January 13, 2012 at 6:56 AM

..lol. That must be why she draws huge crowds wherever she goes.

rightConcept on January 13, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Where are Palin’s priorities?

Y-not on January 13, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Right here

rightConcept on January 13, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Yes of course, don’t defend Palin, that is only reserved for the Mitt bots because “He’s the ONe”. Geez, you guys who are “protecting” Mitt sound just like the Obama bots that I had to deal with when I switched parties in 2008. Grow the hell up, you’re suppose to be the responsible party, remember? Palin was and is the ONLY reason I voted for the R’s in 2008 and now you want to throw her under the bus? And yes, this article sounded petty and immature. Media Queen, yet you Tina ride the coat tails for the hits. I have no party to vote for and it’s very freeing. Mitts is another Obama, just on your “side” sorry to those of you who can’t see it.

noneoftheabove on January 13, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Yep. Sarah is irrelevent. Can’t even garner 499 comments.

Oh, Sarah. What might have been.

davidk on January 13, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Meant to say 400 comment. It’s dark in here.

davidk on January 13, 2012 at 1:39 PM

I am not the only conservative that is feed up with Paris Hilton Palin.

That you can be sure of.

No kidding. Can’t both she and Newt just go away already? They’ve had their fifteen minutes and then some.

Ygritte on January 13, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Yet they continue to write about her, you continue to comment, so she really isn’t irrelevent, is she?

And I notice that some call her “Paris Hilton Palin”. Wow, mature, you slam her for being a capitalist, making money on her own, without government help, and yet if someone comments and ask questions about Romney’s work with Bain and his accomplishment, you’re somehow “anti capitalist”? Hypocrites all. Good luck with your nominee, I can see how you’ll win votes and influence people to vote for him. /sarc

noneoftheabove on January 13, 2012 at 3:31 PM

bluegill on January 13, 2012 at 9:14 AM

You should have started your comment with the last sentence. Then, I would have known your credibility as a political commentator was shot and skipped the rest.

tom on January 13, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Cowards… Gayle King and Moochie both used the ‘some people’ shield. Moochie even back tracked to cover her mistake of not using the “I didn’t mean ya’ll” escape phrase. Here chick-chick…

RalphyBoy on January 13, 2012 at 4:57 PM

^^Oops! See Apoc’s link on page 3, or click anywhere of the ham-handed post above.

Who is John Galt on January 13, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Has it occured to her that perhaps we DO understand ?

Jabberwock on January 13, 2012 at 7:41 AM

They can’t be as stupid as they act, so of course they know we know, but they’re “all-in” for the duration…which hopefully is 1/21/13.

Who is John Galt on January 13, 2012 at 5:30 PM

Yeah knock Palin, but remember this, when Romney is destroyed by the Obama machine, for things that are yet to be revealed, remember that Palin was vetted to the gills. Remember that she took on the administration where Mittens was mute. What stand did he take on fast and furious, does anybody know? How about the Czars, what was his opinion? So many things that he omitted to comment on. No he just tried to weasel his way with silence. What a backbone he has. REMEMBER now what you will regret later, the Establishment will change NOTHING and Mittens knows that and agrees.

jainphx on January 13, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Ha!

We have learned to hold our possessions when we’ve learned to hold them with an empty hand.

(Just made that up. Not bad?)

Axe on January 12, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Axe, coming from a Taoist: As they say on the interwebz (the one with the cats and tubes) “Ur doin it rite.”

PXCharon on January 14, 2012 at 7:09 AM

Both Palin and Sorenson did Bachmann dirty.

apocalypse on January 12, 2012 at 11:37 PM

As if Bachmann ever had a shot.

tom on January 13, 2012 at 2:59 AM

Whether Bachmann could have won or not is IRRELEVANT to Palin and Sorenson betraying her. It’s pretty pathetic that you overlook and justify their bad behaviour just because you think Bachmann “never had a shot.”

Again, this is irrelevant to Palin and Sorenson doing Bachmann wrong. For the record, based on everything I’ve heard from both, Bachmann is more “politically and biblically qualified” than Palin and day of the week, but they shouldn’t even be in competetion with each other. Tell that to Sarah, will ya?

Where do you come up with this stuff? You read comics?

She criticized him before and during the election you half-wit.

Why, it’s almost like he was her backup plan.

Why, it’s almost like you are an ignorant person.

If YOU really believe Michele Bachmann’s plan was to help Mitt Romney win the Republican nomination I guarantee you talk to yourself in the mirror.

Regardless, she never had a shot.

(Ignoring) bad behaviour so you don’t have to deal with it is not good for the soul (Ezekiel 18:20).

apocalypse on January 14, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Wow, Thanks Apocalypse.

Who is John Galt on January 13, 2012 at 5:20 PM

See Apoc’s link on page 3, or click anywhere of the post above.

Who is John Galt on January 13, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Salute to John! Glad I could help.

apocalypse on January 14, 2012 at 4:19 PM

unseen on January 13, 2012 at 2:51 AM

LMAO.

You-Eh-Vee on January 14, 2012 at 11:42 PM

When all is said and done Palin could beat Obama. I am not sure that Romney can and that worries me. At this point I think Perry is the safest bet and he probably won’t get the nomination.

duff65 on January 15, 2012 at 3:14 PM

unseen on January 13, 2012 at 2:51 AM

I pretty much agree with this.. and I’d just add this..

Don’t think because you stick your pinky finger out as is proper when dissing Palin like the liberal media adore…. that they’ll love you for Romney,.. they say nice things now..

but come October, he’ll wish they only attacked him like they do Palin, because to save their posterboy, they’ll go full throated savage on Mitt. Your “enlightened” attitude will buy you nothing but the resentment of rank and file conservatives, who think throwing our sharpest blade under the bus, is stupid.

mark81150 on January 16, 2012 at 6:05 AM