Quotes of the day

posted at 10:39 pm on January 12, 2012 by Allahpundit

“Senior military officials in Kabul and at the Pentagon confirmed that the video was authentic and that they had identified the Marines as members of the Third Battalion, Second Marines, which completed a tour of Afghanistan this fall before returning to its base at Camp Lejeune, N.C. The officials did not release the Marines’ names but said one wore a corporal’s uniform.

“Pentagon officials said the video had been made between March and September 2011, when the Marine battalion was stationed in Helmand Province, a strategic Taliban heartland and a center of the opium poppy trade. The officials said that they did not know the precise location shown in the video but that it had probably been made in the northern part of the province, where the battalion had been operating. Seven of the approximately 1,000 Marines in the battalion were killed during the seven-month deployment…

“The Taliban initially indicated that the video would not undermine the push toward talks, saying that they saw it as just more evidence of what they said was American brutality and arrogance.

“But later on Thursday, in an official statement, the Taliban dropped references to the talks and emphasized the brutality message. ‘We strongly condemn the inhuman act of wild American soldiers, as ever, and consider this act in contradiction with all human and ethical norms,’ the statement said.’”

***

“Defense Secretary Leon E. Panetta said he had viewed the video and considered it ‘utterly deplorable.’ He telephoned Afghan President Hamid Karzai and pledged a full investigation…

“Gen. James F. Amos, the commandant of the Marine Corps, said he had asked the Naval Criminal Investigative Service to ‘pull together a team of their very best agents and immediately assign them responsibility to thoroughly investigate every aspect of the filmed event.’ He also said he would assign a Marine general and a senior attorney to conduct a parallel inquiry.

“‘The institution of the Marine Corps will not rest until the allegations and the events surrounding them have been resolved,’ Amos said. ‘We remain fully committed to upholding the Geneva Convention, the Laws of War, and our own core values.’”

***

“Western officials in Kabul, meanwhile, described the statement Mr. Karzai issued before the conversation as levelheaded and not inflammatory. In the past, Mr. Karzai has used similar incidents to stoke anti-Western sentiment in Afghanistan…

“In Afghanistan, far fewer people have televisions, or even electricity, meaning the latest images aren’t likely to spread widely. Accounts are likely to spread by word of mouth, though, and could fuel more violence against the coalition by Afghans who feel that the disrespect shown to the dead violates Islam. In Islam, the dead must be washed and their bodies buried within 24 hours.

“The Taliban themselves have a tainted record on that score. When they took over Kabul in 1996, they brutally killed Mohammad Najibullah, the deposed communist president who was seeking refuge at a U.N. compound in the city. They hung his castrated corpse and that of his brother from a traffic light on a busy street in Kabul for all to see, in violation of Islamic tradition. The Taliban in recent years frequently hung suspected government spies’ corpses from trees in areas they control…

“Desecrating the bodies of enemy combatants is a violation of the Uniformed Code of Military Justice. The Marines involved could face a court-martial.”

***

“[C]ombat stress is no excuse for the behavior, retired Col. Jack Jacobs, an NBC News analyst and a Medal of Honor recipient for his actions in the Vietnam War, told msnbc.com.

“‘I’ve been through combat and been stressed out, and I’ve been out of combat and been stressed out, and I don’t think it’s a reason or an excuse for this kind of behavior. They’ve received instruction on how to act and what to do before and after their deployment.’ Jacobs said. ‘These are just idiots who are poorly supervised and led … they proved they are idiots because they took pictures of it.’

“But for another veteran the video is not shocking at all.

“‘Many people in this country that worry far more about public relations and how we are perceived by the rest of the world are shocked at Marines urinating on Taliban,’ retired Army Sgt. Maj. Herb Freidman, an author and authority on psychological operations, told msnbc.com. ‘Why? They are murderers and terrorists that think nothing of blowing up soldiers, civilians, women and children. What have they done to deserve our respect? There are Marines being killed and maimed on a daily basis by these people. They are flying in from Muslim countries all over the world to get their crack at martyrdom. If some Marine that fought them in battle fair and square feels that he has the right to urinate on a defeated enemy, what is the problem? Hell, it could be worse…. It is a fight to the death, not some sort of gentlemanly duel with seconds and everyone very politely drinking a fine wine afterwards.’”

***

“Alex Lemons, a former Marine sergeant who deployed to Iraq three times – including once as scout sniper – reflects on the video of four Marines urinating on the corpses of three dead Taliban in Afghanistan:…

“War is not a moral agent. ‘War is hell, shit happens and trophies get taken,’ is a copout from an irresponsible person. War doesn’t make anyone do anything because it is not a living thing…

“The Marine Corps doesn’t teach anyone to do this.

“Choices were made and they were not good ones. This is what maintains our moral high ground. It doesn’t matter if the Taliban cut heads off and videotape them.

“The whole point, as I was told since 2001, was not to become like them, or to be comparable to them.”

***

“But the missing ingredient, so far, is Afghan outrage. There have yet to be protests, let alone violence — although it’s possible that will take time to build. Yet just this past spring, Afghans rioted in response to a preacher who burned Korans in Florida, which occurred shortly after photos surfaced of a rogue U.S. ‘kill team’ posing with their gruesome trophies. Twenty people died in those riots after protesters in Mazar-e-Sharif stormed a United Nations compound…

“Perhaps the outrage is taking longer to build than usual. Even so, that would amount to a tragic popular judgment on the war: Afghans — who’ve lived through 30 years of war with Russians, Americans, and rival Afghan factions — just might not be so surprised by a videotaped outrage anymore.”

***

***

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

LOL. But, I’m somewhat torn. Would I rather piss on their faces, or their pieces that came out of the chipper? Or, maybe piss on their faces and then run their bodies through the chipper. Yeah, that’s the ticket.

TXUS on January 13, 2012 at 12:51 AM

first the urine, then the mulching.

Malachi45 on January 13, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Yeah, probably just wants to give it two coats.

Bmore on January 13, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Perfect, and what we should do with them. And, worse …

TXUS on January 13, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Yup and make sure that our own don’t take much in the way of causalities. They are not our friends and never will be. That has been true for 1,400 years and I am humble enough to think we aren’t special enough to change that any time soon.

sharrukin on January 13, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Being an active duty Marine who just came back from Afghanistan a couple months ago, I find this act despicable and dishonorable. The Commandant has put out a statement that I read to my Battery today. These knuckleheads have dishonored the Corps and made us look like crap. Not only that, but now the Marines still in that hellhole have to pucker up there butts even more considering we just made a million more enemies in the Muslim world. I am disgusted and this display DOES NOT represent the values, ethics and moral codes of the U.S. Marine Corps.

RightXBrigade on January 13, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Perfect, and what we should do with them. And, worse …

TXUS on January 13, 2012 at 12:59 AM

sharrukin on January 13, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Islam is a metastasizing cancer.

Malachi45 on January 13, 2012 at 1:03 AM

RightXBrigade on January 13, 2012 at 1:03 AM

But what could you have done to make them love you??

WryTrvllr on January 13, 2012 at 1:04 AM

And noone here thinks you look like crap

WryTrvllr on January 13, 2012 at 1:05 AM

RightXBrigade on January 13, 2012 at 1:03 AM

As the wife of a USMC veteran might I say:Semper Fi, Sir!
Thank you for your service.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 13, 2012 at 1:05 AM

RightXBrigade on January 13, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Yeah, because those million Muslims were just on the verge of thinking we were pretty swell but now we’ve gone and blown it. /sarc

Malachi45 on January 13, 2012 at 1:06 AM

We should have been lining the roads with their heads on the ends of big sticks from day one. This PC crap is stupid.

Malachi45 on January 13, 2012 at 1:08 AM

considering we just made a million more enemies in the Muslim world.

RightXBrigade on January 13, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Our friends the Saudi’s, Egyptians and Pakistani’s? How exactly do you tell if they are friends when you have Karzai saying they ‘will side with Pakistan if US attacks‘?

Seems Muslim friends are little different than Muslim enemies.

sharrukin on January 13, 2012 at 1:08 AM

we just made a million more enemies in the Muslim world.

RightXBrigade on January 13, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Respectfully, and narrowly, I don’t think that assessment is true. They seemed to hate you, and all of us protected behind you, when we were handing them Qur’ans while wearing cotton gloves.

Axe on January 13, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Malachi45 on January 13, 2012 at 1:06 AM

I think those Marines were just welcoming the first “moderate” Muslims they ever met, being dead is what made them moderate.

Igor R. on January 13, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Malachi45 on January 13, 2012 at 1:06 AM

He’s a Marine who just returned from the Sandbox.
He deserves a LOT of slack.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 13, 2012 at 1:10 AM

And noone here thinks you look like crap

WryTrvllr on January 13, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Got that right.

Axe on January 13, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Malachi45 on January 13, 2012 at 1:06 AM

He’s a Marine who just returned from the Sandbox.
He deserves a LOT of slack.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 13, 2012 at 1:10 AM

How do we even know that? Do you know him?

Malachi45 on January 13, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Malachi45 on January 13, 2012 at 1:08 AM

I can’t emphasize enough: the heads MUST face Mecca, otherwise it’s inhumane.

Igor R. on January 13, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Axe on January 13, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Would that my tax dollars had weaned the marines off the 223 instead of buying Qur’ans.

WryTrvllr on January 13, 2012 at 1:13 AM

How do we even know that? Do you know him?

Malachi45 on January 13, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Of course not-but I know for a fact that we have an HA commentor who was wounded in combat. I see no reason not to give this gentleman the benefit of the doubt.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 13, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Help a Muslim meet 72 chaste young ladies.

Igor R. on January 13, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Malachi45 on January 13, 2012 at 1:08 AM

I can’t emphasize enough: the heads MUST face Mecca, otherwise it’s inhumane.

Igor R. on January 13, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Okay by me. I am a very accommodating guy.

Malachi45 on January 13, 2012 at 1:15 AM

I hope they farted in their general direction as well.

BL@KBIRD on January 13, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Okay by me. I am a very accommodating guy.

Malachi45 on January 13, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Good. We can’t be savages like them. And remember: don’t use a dull knife, even though THEY would.

Igor R. on January 13, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Help a Muslim meet 72 chaste young ladies.

Igor R. on January 13, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Are we up to 72 now. Oh yeah, inflation. I need to re-evaluate this.

WryTrvllr on January 13, 2012 at 1:19 AM

How do we even know that? Do you know him?

Malachi45 on January 13, 2012 at 1:12 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on January 13, 2012 at 1:13 AM

I’ll try to be nice. But I trust few people in the meat world, let alone on the Sinnernet. From the exchanges I’ve witnessed lately that involved you, I would gently remind you that a little more cynicism might be a good idea on your part as well. People are often not what they seem and on the intertubes you can double that.

Malachi45 on January 13, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Okay by me. I am a very accommodating guy.

Malachi45 on January 13, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Igor R. on January 13, 2012 at 1:18 AM

What about a plastic spackling thingy?

Malachi45 on January 13, 2012 at 1:19 AM

After scraps with the SS in Normandy, my uncles platoon would always put a pistol round through the forehead of the corpses and the wounded.

It is called war.

BL@KBIRD on January 13, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Malachi45 on January 13, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Excellent point. Like many Aspies I tend to be a bit too trusting.
I was just on the first vet that I mentioned”s web page.
He is Totally the real dead.
I forgot his handle and I won’t give out his real name.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 13, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Are we up to 72 now. Oh yeah, inflation. I need to re-evaluate this.

WryTrvllr on January 13, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Remember, it’s VIRTUAL reality, give them 1072, they are numerous like grains of sand.

Igor R. on January 13, 2012 at 1:22 AM

What about a plastic spackling thingy?

Malachi45 on January 13, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Well, OK. Unless it’s specifically prohibited by the Geneva convention.

Igor R. on January 13, 2012 at 1:24 AM

As the wife of a USMC veteran might I say:Semper Fi, Sir!
Thank you for your service.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 13, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Hoorah! When did you hubby get out?

RightXBrigade on January 13, 2012 at 1:25 AM

It is called war.

BL@KBIRD on January 13, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Well that was before or about the time the communists were infiltrating American institutions…to forever change them and rot the USA from the inside out. The MSM is the fifth column of communism in America. They are in the education system, every level of government, and in the military. We need to quit being pansies and start taking these people to task. We need a revived HUAC. We need Whittaker Chambers, Richard Nixon, and Joeseph McCarthy rooting for these enemies, bringing them to light, and ultimately to justice.

tom daschle concerned on January 13, 2012 at 1:25 AM

I can’t emphasize enough: the heads MUST face Mecca, otherwise it’s inhumane.

Igor R. on January 13, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Seriously funny stuff. I’m 7 hours ahead of y’all, and that was my first laugh of the day.

Here’s my perspective, after having served and now living in the private sector: It’s a tempest in a teapot. They shouldn’t have done it, and they and their supervisors deserve a reprimand and probably fines by their CO. But let’s do that after the PR campaign against them calms down.

The reality is that far worse things have happened and will continue to happen. Punishing Marines for being Marines will not serve a useful purpose, and wastes our tax dollars.

It’s a brutal world, precious snowflakes. Screw with Marines, and they will kill you. Then piss on you. Seems like good PsyOps to me, but what do I know?

Big

Bigurn on January 13, 2012 at 1:25 AM

By the way, I’m not a sir, I’m a SSgt. “I work for a living” haha.

RightXBrigade on January 13, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Igor R. on January 13, 2012 at 1:22 AM

It’s NO deal if they don’t look like Bundchen.

WryTrvllr on January 13, 2012 at 1:27 AM

and ultimately to justice.

tom daschle concerned on January 13, 2012 at 1:25 AM

I see that the entire nation will join in righteous urination.

Igor R. on January 13, 2012 at 1:27 AM

What’s the problem here exactly?

You-Eh-Vee on January 13, 2012 at 1:27 AM

It is called war.

BL@KBIRD on January 13, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Actually it’s called “dead check” and you’re supposed to finger thump ‘em first. We don’t train to piss on the dead, just dead check em. I doubt your Grandpa pissed on any SS.

RightXBrigade on January 13, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Malachi45 on January 13, 2012 at 1:19 AM

I’m about as open as I can be while still providing reasonable protection from street-grade Fatwa.

For example: once, when I suggested Ammabighijab save all the costs associated with sending Iranian ships on war games, and all the costs associated with developing nuclear weapons — and just sew giant, representative male genitals on the Iranian flag (thus making all his statement at once) –

This, surprisingly, ticked some people off. :)

I don’t really mind checking my truck before I get into it. But, you know, there are others.

Axe on January 13, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Big

Bigurn on January 13, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Wish we had a million more, instead of laying ‘em off.

WryTrvllr on January 13, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Bigurn on January 13, 2012 at 1:25 AM

May dead Muslims always bring you laughter and joy!

Igor R. on January 13, 2012 at 1:31 AM

It’s NO deal if they don’t look like Bundchen.

WryTrvllr on January 13, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Well, they are like little snowflakes: all different, but totally stunning in their exquisite beauty.

Igor R. on January 13, 2012 at 1:33 AM

RightXBrigade on January 13, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Sgt. The pissing thing was just bad judgement (and bad editting). It will blow over. What is a finger thump?

WryTrvllr on January 13, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Igor R. on January 13, 2012 at 1:33 AM

You are a complicated man, Igor. :)

Axe on January 13, 2012 at 1:34 AM

RightXBrigade on January 13, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Thank you for your service and I’m glad that you are here.

It’s difficult to garner sympathy for such scum, live or dead, but I understand what you tell us.

I only wish the world would garner indignation at what they do. In those cases all is PC and “it’s their culture…”

Schadenfreude on January 13, 2012 at 1:34 AM

I doubt your Grandpa pissed on any SS.

RightXBrigade on January 13, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Well somebody did some mean and nasty things.

sharrukin on January 13, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Hoorah! When did you hubby get out?

RightXBrigade on January 13, 2012 at 1:25 AM

1986.
He was a REMF with the HRH ‘Heavy Haulers’ out of Tustin and was a Cpl when he got out.
He jokes that the only ‘combat’ he saw was battling skeeters in Okinawa.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 13, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Schadenfreude on January 13, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Bookmark this thread; quote the Staff Sergeant’s first; quote the White House’s ultimate statement; look at them together. It’ll be black and white.

Axe on January 13, 2012 at 1:38 AM

RightXBrigade on January 13, 2012 at 1:03 AM

First, thank you for your service. Second, thank you for your throwing in with us here, and I appreciate your view of your comrades in arms who may have stepped over the line here. It was unprofessional, for sure, if it happened. But, some of us here who’ve worn the uniform and some who haven’t are so pissed off about how the media and this administration just can’t wait to jump on our military for everything they do — including the good, which they never want to see, and the bad which they see all day long and in their dreams.

Given your obvious professionalism, you would’ve never done what these Marines are accused of, but I would’ve done it in a New York minute, as I am so tired of these vermin doing what they do to innocent people and to our own in uniform. They want us all to die, and I want the same for them, but not after the pain I would cause them first.

TXUS on January 13, 2012 at 1:39 AM

You are a complicated man, Igor. :)

Axe on January 13, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Exactly. They could all just look like Bundchen!!!

WryTrvllr on January 13, 2012 at 1:41 AM

You are a complicated man, Igor. :)

Axe on January 13, 2012 at 1:34 AM

I know. My feelings about virtual Muslim virgins, and how US Marines treat dead taliban are something that a book should be written about. In fact, I’m writing it. It’s likely to be called “War and Piss”.

Igor R. on January 13, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Axe on January 13, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Meh, I detest the admin. and have given up focusing on them, except sending them packing. They are disgusting. Panetta is a fool. His boss is an ignorant narcissist.

Schadenfreude on January 13, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Exactly. They could all just look like Bundchen!!!

WryTrvllr on January 13, 2012 at 1:41 AM

But since we are talking about dead Taliban, they could also all look like Helen Thomas.

Igor R. on January 13, 2012 at 1:44 AM

It’s likely to be called “War and Piss”.

Igor R. on January 13, 2012 at 1:42 AM

MOST EXCELLENT. Standing ovation.

WryTrvllr on January 13, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Oh, see, now I’m staying home.

WryTrvllr on January 13, 2012 at 1:45 AM

I doubt your Grandpa pissed on any SS.

RightXBrigade on January 13, 2012 at 1:28 AM

My grandfather with the numbers on his hand, would gladly piss on any SS, Hell he would even piss on any German,

He is still mad at me why i fly Lufthansa

OrthodoxJew on January 13, 2012 at 1:47 AM

…and they should.

equanimous on January 12, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Yes, they should. Just don’t ask me to feel sorry for the poor brutal beheading Taliban.

Frankly, that should be the next move by our military. Visibly punish the offenders, but don’t let the Taliban or any one else excuse the far worse actions of the Taliban by pointing to this piddling* business

*Obligatory.

tom on January 13, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Igor R. on January 13, 2012 at 1:44 AM

I must say, You make me laugh every night, why can’t you comment all day, In this economy we can all use a few laughs

OrthodoxJew on January 13, 2012 at 1:49 AM

MOST EXCELLENT. Standing ovation.

WryTrvllr on January 13, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Thank you. My great-grand-uncle Leo is smiling somewhere.

Igor R. on January 13, 2012 at 1:49 AM

i don’t know if someone has mentioned this…but color me suspicious. I don’t mean full out tinfoil hat time..

There was no way to determine independently where the video was filmed or the identities of those involved. It was first posted on the Internet on Wednesday and began to circulate quickly as news sites reported on its existence.

The NATO-led security force in Kabul said in a statement that the acts of desecration “appear to have been conducted by a small group of U.S. individuals, who apparently are no longer serving in Afghanistan.” The statement did not elaborate

Fallout from the video comes at a particularly sensitive time for the U.S. war effort in Afghanistan.

The Obama administration is trying to resume peace talks with the Taliban but is awaiting formal approval from Karzai, who torpedoed an earlier attempt at negotiations. Washington has been trying to accelerate the negotiations as it draws down troops and nears a self-imposed December 2014 deadline to withdraw all combat forces from Afghanistan.

U.S. officials have said they are far from certain that the Taliban leadership is seriously interested in a political settlement. It was unclear whether the Marine video would make those diplomatic challenges even more difficult

r keller on January 13, 2012 at 1:52 AM

OrthodoxJew on January 13, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Thank you. Unfortunately in this economy we can’t all comment all day, although some, also unfortunately, have this possibility forced upon them.

Igor R. on January 13, 2012 at 1:53 AM

And sadly in this economy I must go to bed. Good night!

Igor R. on January 13, 2012 at 1:54 AM

RightXBrigade on January 13, 2012 at 1:28 AM

These instances occurred when the lines were fluid (as they often were) and it was expected that other SS would find them, all lined up nicely and executed again after battle. At this time neither side were taking prisoners after combat. It began on D+1 and lasted all summer. For some reason the 12th SS started it and decided they would wreak revenge for WWI and began killing Canadian prisoners after interrogation or simply out of hand. News like that spreads fast and there is only one thing to do, out SS the SS.

Throughout history non Muslims have had to out Muslim the Muslims to soften their aspirations. A filthy kuffar will not win the heart of a Muslim. Ever.

BL@KBIRD on January 13, 2012 at 1:54 AM

I will repeat what I said on another site!

Were I back in a PSG role I would start with the Squad Leader behind CLOSED DOORS!

There would be an intensive counseling session where I jerked a knot in his sorry ass!

I would then inform him that the next idiot that made a permanent record of anything while on Patrol without an order from G-2 coming through myself or the LT. would wish he had never been born!

Following that I would have sent him out with a fresh cup of coffee made from my precious “Sent From Home” stash!

Then again when I was in we did not have YouTube!

Old Dog on January 13, 2012 at 2:03 AM

1986.
He jokes that the only ‘combat’ he saw was battling skeeters in Okinawa.

Okinawa sucks. Been there twice. Naha is pretty cool but I was at Camp Hanson both times and we had Kin out the front gate. At least in 05 I was on the 31st MEU outta Oki. Now that was a good time!

RightXBrigade on January 13, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Yeah, those brutish, wild Americans. And we all know what saints members of the Taliban are…

/s

hachiban on January 13, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Hmm, it’s not disrespect when we do this to their live bodies, but it IS disrespect when we piss on their dead bodies?
In both cases, it looks like our guys didn’t miss.

OccamsRazor on January 13, 2012 at 2:16 AM

I confess, I’ve swam at the beach and pissed in osama’s grave

PeerReset on January 13, 2012 at 2:29 AM

So is Obama going to be crucified for this the way Bush was for Abu Ghraib?

Is some international court going to want to try him? Arrest him when he leaves the country?

dukecitygirl on January 12, 2012 at 10:52 PM

dukecitygirl,

That is an EXCELLENT question!

Of course Barack Hussein Obama II – Barry Soetoro, will not be implicated, or attacked, or charged with any form of responsibility for this. Obama is the World’s Messiah, the Savior, the World, or Global politician. He went out of his way, or did he?, to trash our nation overseas, including in Muslim nations, even going before the Muslim University to tell them that the USA is a mean, racist, bad, ugly nation, and that he is sorry for that, and that Muslims are sweet, lovable, salt-of-the-earth saints, little angels who would never hurt a flea or a fly, and who have the utmost respect for men, women, children, babies, and all faiths, and who are loving, peaceful, merciful, tolerant, understanding, and the blessing of the Most High.

The video should NEVER have been made public. Who is the idiot who did that?

Pissing on the foul, violent, hate filled, misogynist, demonic taliban? BRILLIANT.

The taliban deserve WORSE than that!

So, also, does al Qaeada, Hizbollah, Hamas, and all the other Muslim, violent, hate filled, blood and death cult thugs!!!

I think that placing them in a vat of maggots and allowing them to be eaten alive, slowly, is too good for those violent, hate filled, sadistic, cruel, vicious, malicious slugs.

I, myself, don’t like the idea that our Marines might have wasted their time peeing on the carcasses of such unworthy subjects. The peeing was too good for the taliban, it was too respectful, and our Marines, if they did do it, lowered themselves by doing so.

Slathering the taliban thugs with pig fat, bacon grease, and so forth, and allowing the Muslim women and children that the taliban abused and oppressed would be appropriate.

If US Marines did do this, they should be found guilty and, as another poster said here, they should receive a hefty slap-on-the wrist, pay a dollar fine, work at labor, such as sweeping and mopping the barracks and officers’ quarters for a week, visit some homeless shelters, help ass out toys for tots, then reinstated and continue their careers.

After all, it is not like the Marines are not trained to blow things up, crush skulls, set people on fire, kill people, and defeat the enemy. Peeing on dead bodies is a whole lot less violent and heavy duty than all the violence Marines can visit upon the enemy.

William2006 on January 13, 2012 at 2:34 AM

The Commandant has put out a statement that I read to my Battery today. … Not only that, but now the Marines still in that hellhole have to pucker up there butts even more considering we just made a million more enemies in the Muslim world.

RightXBrigade on January 13, 2012 at 1:03 AM

You must have laid your battery 3200 mils out. They were already your enemies.

VorDaj on January 13, 2012 at 2:34 AM

RightXBrigade on January 13, 2012 at 1:03 AM

But what could you have done to make them love you??

WryTrvllr on January 13, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Bow down to Meca 6 times a day.

VorDaj on January 13, 2012 at 2:36 AM

And give them more money to buy more child brides and little boys.

VorDaj on January 13, 2012 at 2:37 AM

He’s a Marine who just returned from the Sandbox.
He deserves a LOT of slack.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 13, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Not at the expense of truth.

VorDaj on January 13, 2012 at 2:39 AM

I get that this is unprofessional behavior and that the Marine Corps doesn’t condone or expect such behavior of it’s members-

BUT…

I just can’t seem bring myself to care.

Browncoatone on January 13, 2012 at 3:40 AM

Sorry, haven’t read the 390 comments, BUT –

OK, pissing on dead enemy bodies is probably not the finest example of our finest warriors

HOWEVER

I can’t erase the visual of the hung bodies on that bridge, of Daniel Perl’s beheaded head being held up in a youtube video, the visual of that other victim that was beheaded on tape and put on youtube, and our fallen heroes that were dragged around Somalia years ago, remember that?

And for one split second, would those dead Taliban have killed those marines on sight, just because they are warriors of the “great Satan?”

I really refuse to condemn these guys for “relieving” their frustrations on their enemy.

RightX, thank you for your dedicated service to our country and the mission. I honor you, and all of the other vets here for their service.

karenhasfreedom on January 13, 2012 at 4:34 AM

War is hell and things like this happen.

Just don’t take videos of it.

Dumb.

Sherman1864 on January 13, 2012 at 4:35 AM

I think this would be a lot more effective if they did a #2 instead on the faces. You want the enemy to decide to go f#$k with someone else.

bigmike on January 13, 2012 at 4:45 AM

Waiting for the left to yell that this video is Obama’s fault in the exact same way that they yelled that the (infinitely less repulsive) Abu Gharib photo’s were Bush’s fault in 3, 2, 1….

Theophile on January 13, 2012 at 5:08 AM

On last night’s QOTD he linked to a map that pin-pointed where all Lubbock’s Wal-Marts are.
He said it was a joke.
B*llsh*t.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 12, 2012 at 11:54 PM

I wonder how he figured out that you work at WalMart in Lubbock? What a creepy stalker.

Foxhound on January 13, 2012 at 5:38 AM

Best 4 gun salute ive ever seen. Guns made in USA as well. Im proud of these guys. The camera guy not so much. His name is probably Bradley.

Gedge on January 13, 2012 at 5:44 AM

O/T,…a Hopey/Changey cutting back,not Iraq,or Afghanistan but,
Europe,whats next!!
===================

Panetta: 2 Army combat brigades will leave Europe
Jan 13 2012
************

STUTTGART, Germany — Two U.S. Army combat brigades will be withdrawn from Europe as part of a new Pentagon defense strategy that aims to find efficiencies while also shifting more strategic focus to Asia.

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta made the announcement Thursday while en route to a town hall meeting with troops at Fort Bliss, Texas.

In an interview with the American Forces Press Service, Panetta said the Army intends to maintain a strong presence in the region via rotational units.

Panetta did not say which of the four Europe-based brigades would be withdrawn, but past Pentagon plans have focused on the 170th Infantry Brigade in Baumholder and the 172nd Infantry Brigade, headquartered in Grafenwöhr. Panetta also did not lay out a time line for when the units would be withdrawn or explain whether the units would be returned to bases in the U.S. or inactivated.

The elimination of two brigades would cut the 42,000-strong Army presence in Europe by about 8,000 troops.
(More…)
============

canopfor on January 13, 2012 at 5:56 AM

where’s the fire panetta and dear leader 24/7 outrage from the lsm?

yeah, i know there is a D next to their names….

infuriating..

cmsinaz on January 13, 2012 at 6:04 AM

karenhasfreedom on January 13, 2012 at 4:34 AM

well said karen

cmsinaz on January 13, 2012 at 6:07 AM

morning joe has some real hatred towards sarah palin me thinks….

cmsinaz on January 13, 2012 at 6:09 AM

I say piss on all the Taliban. If only our diplomats were as open and honest in their opinions.

Grunt on January 13, 2012 at 6:12 AM

O/T
====

AIM Interview with Craig Shirley on Pearl Harbor, Ronald Reagan and Today’s Politics
January 12, 2012 – 8:02 pm EST
******************************

Dec 1941

In an interview last month with Accuracy in Media, historian Craig Shirley described how the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor and World War II marked a transition for this country, and in doing so, he offered insights that are very relevant today.

“This is a story about a country that goes from being a country of the past to becoming a country of the future, and all the things that spring out of it, big and small,” said Shirley. “The big, obviously, is that we become a permanent internationalist country. We never again retreat to isolationism, as we did after the Spanish-American War, and as we did after World War I. After we defeat Nazi Germany and the Empire of Japan, we then rebuild them and make them into allies under the Marshall Plan and Douglas MacArthur. We establish military bases around the world—that was unthinkable five years before, that we would have military bases all around the world. We had military bases in the Philippines, and several other locations, but those were the exceptions, not the rule.”

As the U.S. withdraws from Iraq and Afghanistan, and absorbs the significance of President Obama’s new plans for America’s foreign policy and the use of our military, Shirley’s newest book, December 1941: 31 Days that Changed America and Saved the World, serves as an important reminder as to how and why America became a superpower during the 20th century.
(More….)
===========

canopfor on January 13, 2012 at 6:16 AM

O/T,Heres something you don’t see every day,a legal
rendition!(sarc)
—————–

Retired UK businessman Christopher Tappin

loses court battle over extradition to US for conspiring to sell parts for Iranian missiles

@PAStory metadata:
Submitted 1 hour ago by editor
==============================

canopfor on January 13, 2012 at 6:23 AM

Maybe the urine of those marines is the closet thing those dirty terrorist have ever been to a real shower ¬¬ .

En fin … what those marines did it is not something that I aprove , because the marines should behave always , and they are not supossesd to do that … a matter of discipline . But a little disciplinary punishement should be enough , and everything should be OK again.

But instead of that some of you are shooting yourselves with PC ammo , making that thing something much bigger than it truly is. And you do that by listening the “politically correct shit” of people that just want to use that video as a way to attack ALL the marines and any allied troops there.
And those people I am talking about are not muslim imams in radicalized countries ,are not the million more muslims that suposedly will become our enemies just because of that , as some of you have said ( if they become enemies just because of that … they were already enemies ) … I am talking about leftist … maybe they are the true million of new enemies that this video will bring ¬¬’ .

Those people who cry about that video are often the same people that keep silent when talking about the atrocities that the terrorist do ,but they will become “loudspeakers” of taliban propaganda as soon as they have any excuse to do it.
So they are not really worried about any bad outcome to the marines , they are not worried about human rights , etc … they just want to do harm to their enemies ,who are not the taliban … but the marines and those who fight the war in they behalf there.

Those leftist could talk about the killings of innocent people by those same taliban , they could talk about the beheadings , the slavering of women and children , the haqanni network , the drug traffic , the misery those terrorist taliban bring to the people in afganistan … but I don’t hear them to talk about those things often , and when they do talk about it ,they never do it as loud as when they attack the marines. Their motivation therefore is clear … so don’t play their game.

MiguelAngel on January 13, 2012 at 6:28 AM

This is an example of the Obama team and the media making a mountain out of a mole hill. Frankly, who gives a shit if some GI’s spit on terrorists that were trying to kill them. We killed them for a reason. And this ridiculous notion that this type of behavior is why the islamists hate us so off base that it should not even be discussed.

Personally I dont think I would not do it, but then again, those guys that are dead were not trying to kill me.

The media and this idiotic Sec of State and Sec of Defense are saying it is OK to kill the bastards, but whoa…you better not spit on them

George Orwell was a prophet.

georgealbert on January 13, 2012 at 6:28 AM

This could not have been written by a Muslim as “human and ethical norms” are foreign concepts to that subhuman culture.

Jaibones on January 13, 2012 at 6:37 AM

O’Bozo, Baghdad Jay, and Shrillary couldn’t care less about this. Their faux outrage and righteous indignation have one, precise source — Bush. They cannot be seen in the way they vilified Bush over Abu Graib.

But of course, this is exactly the same thing.

Jaibones on January 13, 2012 at 6:42 AM

This is no scandal. This is war. Those marines could have been on the ground dead and the Taliban would have been doing probably the same thing or worse. I am sure that captured Taliban fighters are treated much, much better than any American.

SC.Charlie on January 13, 2012 at 6:44 AM

SC.Charlie on January 13, 2012 at 6:44 AM

3 squares and a koran

cmsinaz on January 13, 2012 at 6:47 AM

Big

Bigurn on January 13, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Good Lord yes, I hope this is what our Marines do.

God bless you guys.

roy_batty on January 13, 2012 at 6:53 AM

georgealbert on January 13, 2012 at 6:28 AM

Yes, we were so close, really turning the corner with extremist Muslims worldwide and then, this happened!

Geez marines, what were you thinking?

/sarc (Because many new HA registrants won’t know that.)

roy_batty on January 13, 2012 at 6:57 AM

SC.Charlie on January 13, 2012 at 6:44 AM

SC.Charlie:Amen,and in regards to the Taliban doing nasty things to
US Servicemen,one only has to look back at what the Japa
nese Soldiers(WW2)did!

Yes it is WAR,and not many people realize that!

canopfor on January 13, 2012 at 6:57 AM

Saw the video on CNN. I cried.

Sgt. Vulcha

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on January 13, 2012 at 7:06 AM

I would be more worked up about this if there had been any expressed outrage from any quarter anywhere in the world with what Islamofacists did to the remains of US soldiers in the past.

F the feigned ( worse if they are real!!) sensitivities of Barry, Hillary, Leon and company.

galtani on January 13, 2012 at 7:07 AM