Irritated McCain to Huckabee: No, I didn’t ask Fred Thompson to stay in the race and help defeat you

posted at 6:35 pm on January 12, 2012 by Allahpundit

A fun clip, and not just because it (a) captures Maverick trying to control that famous temper of his and (b) reminds us that Huckabee never lets go of old grievances. There’s no way to know what McCain said to his buddy Fred at the time but I do remember lots of grassroots chatter before South Carolina in 2008 about Thompson serving as a stalking horse for McCain. And, what’s more, I remember a lot of readers being perfectly okay with that because even McCain was preferable for them to the dreaded big-government populist social con Huck. Here’s my question: Do you guys still believe that? Maverick beat Huckabee in South Carolina four years ago by less than four points in a race where Fred finished third with more than 15 percent of the vote. Without Thompson running, those voters probably break for the social conservative Huck over the centrist McCain and suddenly Huckabee’s the big winner in the early states and poised to sweep to the nomination. Normally I wouldn’t bother to ask whether we’d have been better off with a given Republican as president than Obama, but there’s an abiding hostility to Huckabee among our readers even though he polls well (really well) with Republicans generally. And for those of you who answer “of course we’d have been better off nominating Huckabee over McCain, dummy!”, does that mean you’re bummed that he decided not to run this time? Arguably he’s a better fit for the current political climate than Mr. BainCapital is. If we’re going to nominate someone whose small-government bona fides we don’t really trust, why not Huck instead of Mitt?

Exit question: How come Fred always takes the heat for propelling McCain to victory in South Carolina instead of Romney? He nearly matched Thompson’s vote total in the state in 2008 and he was running at the time as a “conservative” before abandoning that identity to become the centrist technocrat we know and grudgingly tolerate today. If he had dropped out after McCain swept past him in New Hampshire, his votes probably would have split between Fred and Huck and we might have ended up with President Huckabee after all. Click the image to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Mitt ‘Milquetoast’ Romney still sucks!

Pragmatic on January 12, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Whoopee.
McCain, Romney’s main man.

tonotisto on January 12, 2012 at 6:37 PM

History—don’t care.

jeanie on January 12, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Yes, McCain was and is preferable to the Huckster. There’s certainly no guarantee that Huck would have beaten Obama; I don’t think he would have. Even now, as much as I dislike Mitt, I dislike Huck even more. Both are sanctimonious big government prigs, but Huck is worse.

Laura Curtis on January 12, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Somebody needs to tell Romney that McCain cannot help him.

DanMan on January 12, 2012 at 6:42 PM

McCain is a troll!

KOOLAID2 on January 12, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Anybody would have been to the right of McCain in 2008. Much like our situation with Romney in 2012.

Valiant on January 12, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Who would have been worse…..McCain or Obama?

Who would be worse Romney or Obama?

I can’t decide on the 2nd one.

PappyD61 on January 12, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Friggin Huck and Mav teamed up against Stud Romney in West Virginia and kept him from the nomination which would have saved this country from the OBAMAnation that we have endured.

So, they both kinda suck.

But, we forgive Mav cause he has come to the light recently.

Jailbreak on January 12, 2012 at 6:45 PM

you know who this helps?

gatorboy on January 12, 2012 at 6:45 PM

I don’t know what to think.
I need a small emoticum of intelligence
:D

burrata on January 12, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Ahhh… Maverick. If you had only gone after Obama this hard.

BTW, I thought it was Maverick and Huck that teamed up to force Mitt out of the race in WV?

davek70 on January 12, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Thompsen’s only purpose in SC was to deny Huckabee, and he succeeded.

Southernblogger on January 12, 2012 at 6:46 PM

The Huckster or the Maverick…tough choice. both are reach around across the aisle candidates and big poseurs.

CorporatePiggy on January 12, 2012 at 6:46 PM

To heck with Huck. I’m disappointed we didn’t get Fred.

backwoods conservative on January 12, 2012 at 6:46 PM

davek70 on January 12, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Mac threw his people to Huck to deny Mitt.

Southernblogger on January 12, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Of course, this assumption is wildly wrong. Polls showed that McCain lead Huckabee as the 2nd choice of Thompson (and Romney voters) and it wasn’t even close.

Same flawed reasoning that lead many to believe that if the race becomes Romney vs non-Romney (vs. Paul), Romney loses. Baloney.

joana on January 12, 2012 at 6:48 PM

And here I thought the Huckster stayed in the race to peel off Romney’s support and hand McCain the nomination! Can somebody help me here?

Mr. Arkadin on January 12, 2012 at 6:48 PM

joana on January 12, 2012 at 6:48 PM

*as the second choice of Thompson’s voters.

joana on January 12, 2012 at 6:49 PM

“Hi, I’m Senator John McCain… you might remember from such crushing defeats as the 2008 General Election. Also, I was a POW in Vietnam…”

Jeddite on January 12, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Irritated American, “Who cares?”

Thompson, McCain, et al, ran TERRIBLE campaigns in 2008 – not one of them had a chance of beating The Magic Dream Boy.

Pork-Chop on January 12, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Mr. Arkadin on January 12, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Another mistake: McCain was also leading Romney in the 2nd choice of Huckabee voters. McCain’s strength four years ago was always underestimated – actually, it still is today.

Huckabee stayed in the race to build some name recognition. Ended up getting a tv show.

joana on January 12, 2012 at 6:51 PM

i was never a fan of huck. but i think he’d have done a lot better against obama.

he’s affable, happy and has a ‘caring’ persona…McCain came across as an old, bitter, clueless crank…out of touch with reality.

not saying barry would have lost, but huck would have made it closer

r keller on January 12, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Get offa my lawn!!

Tim_CA on January 12, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Hey, McCain!

U mad, bro?

Aizen on January 12, 2012 at 6:53 PM

you know who this helps?
gatorboy on January 12, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Meghan.

Fletch54 on January 12, 2012 at 6:53 PM

McCain makes Romney look good by comparison.

bgibbs1000 on January 12, 2012 at 6:53 PM

and, sadly, Fred wasn’t actually in the race. He’s not that interested in politics…making his living from the reverse mortgage business

seriously…hasn’t the R party been on life-support for 20yeares?

r keller on January 12, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Irritated American, “Who cares?”

Thompson, McCain, et al, ran TERRIBLEIMPOSSIBLE campaigns in 2008 – not one of them had a chance of beating The Magic Dream Boy.
The terribleness of W’s administration.

The 2008 batch would have a better shot in 2012 – but, come on, those 2008 GOP campaigns stunk like yesterday’s OCCUPOOP. because fortunately Bush’s Jr. incompetence is becoming a distant memory.

Pork-Chop on January 12, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Fixed it.

joana on January 12, 2012 at 6:55 PM

McCain makes Romney look good by comparison.

bgibbs1000 on January 12, 2012 at 6:53 PM

McCain makes anyone look good by comparison.

Aizen on January 12, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Jeddite on January 12, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Hey, that’s TOTALLY uncalled for! Say what you want about him politically (I happen to disagree a lot with him too) but do not dis his POW suffering! He should always deserve respect for that!

AZgranny on January 12, 2012 at 6:56 PM

r keller on January 12, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Huckabee was the only one of the bunch who could have made it close. McCain was a joke. Suspended his campaign to save the economy?? What a pitiful wretch.

Southernblogger on January 12, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Everytime I see Pumpfist McCain on the screen…I almost get as ill…as when I see JugEars, DWS, Boxer, Waxman, Waters, etc.
That’s not good…is it?

KOOLAID2 on January 12, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Irritable Bowel John McCain–please go away

james23 on January 12, 2012 at 6:57 PM

AZgranny on January 12, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Except that since he has his cushy congressional insurance plan; he is out to screw other veterans. His “POW suffering” only goes so far.

melle1228 on January 12, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Allah, at that point in the race I was supporting Fred, if he had dropped and I would have had to choose. It would have been Huck. I have never liked McCain. The Palin VP pick was the only thing that I have ever respected about him, (excluding his service record), I blame his campaign for mishandling Palin. I vote Super Tuesdays and voted Mittens hoping McCain wouldn’t be the nominee.

Bmore on January 12, 2012 at 7:02 PM

I liked the original James Garner Maverick better than this one….. This one is an elitist and a RINO. Maverick, my ass….

ultracon on January 12, 2012 at 7:02 PM

…said the jackass who told us that we had nothing to fear from a President Ojesus.

hillbillyjim on January 12, 2012 at 7:03 PM

What else do you expect from an “establishment” republican about another “establishment” republican? Politics is the lesser of two evils. Romney will win on that basis. McCain’s endoresement is about as relevant as spitting in the ocean. Its about as comical as Meghan McCain doing a Weight Watchers commercial.

volsense on January 12, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Also, McCain’s endorsement of Romney speaks volumes about Romney. Could it be that “Maverick/RINO wants consideration for VP? God help us!

ultracon on January 12, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Click the image to watch.

In the words of GHWB, “nope, not gunna dewit”.

John McCain reminds me too much of my ex. ’nuff said.

Flora Duh on January 12, 2012 at 7:06 PM

When you see states elect lifeforms like McCain over and over, they usually get what they deserve.

volsense on January 12, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Reminds me of when he’d begin and end almost everything he said with,

“My friend…”

tacodawn on January 12, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Allah, sorry forgot to add, no I did not want Huck to run this time.

Bmore on January 12, 2012 at 7:10 PM

When are we ever going to get out of this desert of leadership..?

d1carter on January 12, 2012 at 7:12 PM

As poor as McCain was, I doubt much of anything could have stopped Obama in 2008; Republicans just had too much going against them. Eight years of the GOP in the White House plus the economic bubble burst would have propelled Biden to the top spot had he won the nomination. Obama just rode the wave.

BKeyser on January 12, 2012 at 7:14 PM

HotAir Flashback:

As a former FredHead… I now believe that he was Johnny’s stalking horse. Hey, I’m getting used to being HAD by RINOs… first Jorge Bush, now Fredrico.

I miss RWR.

stenwin77 on May 15, 2008 at 3:06 PM

As much as it pains me, I second that.

RobertInAustin on May 15, 2008 at 3:56 PM

——————

In the Fox debate when Fred! went Fred all over Huckabee he was in great form, he could have said just as much if not more about McCain, and he didn’t. That should have been my first clue.

As one person said, if you see McCain and Kennedy smiling, you are about to get #*&%@$.

RobertInAustin on May 15, 2008 at 4:00 PM

Third!

rhinoishere on May 15, 2008 at 4:02 PM

ITguy on January 12, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Because they were good friends?

Isn’t he still running as a “conservative”?

FTR, although I really resent Huck for the pathetic class warfare shtick he used against Romney, I’d be willing to put up with a Vice President Huckabee.

Buy Danish on January 12, 2012 at 7:15 PM

John McCain reminds me too much of my ex. ’nuff said.

Flora Duh on January 12, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Your ex is a feckless, RINO, d*uchebag, hack who’s time is long over?

Tim_CA on January 12, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Oh and Allah I always enjoy seeing McCain irritated!

Bmore on January 12, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Remember how back in 2000, John McCain lost the South Carolina Republican Party primary to evangelical Christian George W. Bush? Remember how John McCain became so infuriated that shortly thereafter he referred to evangelical Christians as “Agents of Intolerance”?

W’s victory in the SC primary helped propel him to the Republican nomination in 2000.

In 2008, McCain knew that Mike Huckabee would likely be the preferred candidate of South Carolina evangelical Christian voters, unless McCain could do something to split that vote.

Enter Fred Thompson, who called McCain his “good friend”, not his “competitor”.

I actually initially preferred Fred Thompson, because he appeared to be the most conservative candidate. But that was the whole point. That was his role… to split the “far right” conservative vote.

Fred entered the race late, left early, and had no “fire in the belly” except for when he attacked Mike Huckabee. Fred was never “in it to win it”. Fred was in to help John McCain win it. Fred accomplished his mission by taking enough votes away from Huckabee to enable John McCain to win the South Carolina primary. With “mission accomplished”, Fred quit the race three days later and then told us all to “fall in line” behind McCain.

ITguy on January 12, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Nice flashback AP…

Have we improved the GOP field in 2012?

No sir.

ES

English Springer on January 12, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Your ex is a feckless, RINO, d*uchebag, hack who’s time is long over?

Tim_CA on January 12, 2012 at 7:21 PM

All that and more my friend.

Flora Duh on January 12, 2012 at 7:24 PM

“My friends…”

Seven Percent Solution on January 12, 2012 at 7:26 PM

While I will always respect and admire John McCain’s service to our country, any more, whenever I see/hear him, he reminds me of nothing more than that cranky old Muppet man. Sorry John, while I’ll still allow you a modicum (or emoticon according to his daughter) of respect, I think it’s about time for the hook.

waterytart on January 12, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Your ex is a feckless, RINO, d*uchebag, hack who’s time is long over?

Tim_CA on January 12, 2012 at 7:21 PM

All that and more my friend.

Flora Duh on January 12, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Sorry to hear that Mrs. McCain! :(
it gets better…

ES

English Springer on January 12, 2012 at 7:29 PM

In a war of words between these two pigs, one hopes for mutual destruction. Conservatives deserve better than to have scum like these foisted upon us party leaders (I was going to list them, but there were far too many dirtbags to list them all).

Jaibones on January 12, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Hey John…

… How’s the fence coming?

Seven Percent Solution on January 12, 2012 at 7:39 PM

ITguy on January 12, 2012 at 7:22 PM

I suspect that is what happened.

KirknBurker on January 12, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Lets not forget that a VP running mate from Alaska had to drag his sorry butt across the finish line. If not for her, Mclame’s lost would have been a double digit lost

JustHugh on January 12, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Hey John…

… How’s the fence coming?

Seven Percent Solution on January 12, 2012 at 7:39 PM

“Build the Fence!”

“Build the Fence!”

“Take out the garbage!”

“Build the Fence!”

McCain has to be one of the worst pr*cks the GOP has ever had.

The worst.

KirknBurker on January 12, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Here is a good spot to reiterate: Romney was the ’08 conservative Not McCain. .. Mitt’s not McCain.
A point on Romneycare. Mitt should gather all his horses and thinkers to rebut the Obamacare analog. He can actually be a better candidate for it. I hear that RCare, while imperfect and not wanted and addressing those who lacked insurance, kept the private sector intact. OCare will mandate everything: a de facto govt takeover, and will take a wrecking ball to the private sector.
A better candidate in November? Yes, because Romney could point out this glaring differentiation, and say that it’s not about lack of compassion… though we don’t like compassionate conservatives anymore, agreed.

anotherJoe on January 12, 2012 at 7:41 PM

does that mean you’re bummed that he decided not to run this time?

I miss Fred.

Imagine if he ran the now de rigueur four year campaign from last time?

Rebar on January 12, 2012 at 7:42 PM

JustHugh on January 12, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Fore sure he would have had 3-4% less of the vote mainly do to terrible terrible turnout (which improved significantly due to Sarah).

He would at a minimum also lost Missouri and Montana too.

KirknBurker on January 12, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Friggin Huck and Mav teamed up against Stud Romney in West Virginia …

Jailbreak on January 12, 2012 at 6:45 PM

davek70 on January 12, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Huckabee never collaborated with McCain against Romney.

Romney, however absolutely collaborated with McCain against Huckabee.

First, West Virginia: that was purely a strategic move by McCain, and while it ended up benefiting Huckabee, Huckabee had nothing to do with it. The first round of the caucus was:

1) Romney
2) Huckabee
3) McCain

But, Romney did not get over 50% of the caucus. McCain knew that he would not win, but at that point in time it was more important to McCain to keep Romney from getting those delegates, so McCain told his own supporters to caucus for Huckabee. The second round of the caucus was:

1) Huckabee
2) Romney

Huckabee got over 50% of the caucus, and received the delegates, but Huckabee had nothing to do with McCain’s supporters caucusing for him. There was no back-room deal for the VP spot, as many Romney supporters suggested.

Second, if Huckabee’s whole goal was to keep Romney from the nomination, then Huckabee would have quit the race soon after Romney quit. Note well that Huckabee kept fighting McCain until McCain reached the threshold of 1191 pledged delegates necessary to clinch the nomination. Romney should have done the same. Romney broke a promise less than 48 hours after making it, lied about his reasons for quitting the race (terrorism had nothing to do with it), and then a week later “released” his delegates to McCain. I can imagine your outrage if Huckabee had quit before Romney and then “released” his delegates to McCain. You would have been furious. But, somehow it’s OK to you when Romney did it. Note well that Huckabee NEVER “released” his delegates to McCain. Romney did.

And let’s look one more time at those events in February 2008:

February 5, 2008…

“We’re gonna keep on battling. We’re gonna go all the way to the convention. We’re gonna win this thing, and we’re gonna get in the White House.”

Less than 48 hours later he broke that promise, quit the race, and lied about his reasons for quitting…

“Frankly, in this time of war, I simply cannot let my campaign be a part of aiding a surrender to terror”

He quit when he should have kept fighting. He lied when he claimed that his reasons for quitting had anything to do with terrorism.

And then a week after he quit, he “released” his delegates to McCain, in an effort to hand the nomination to him on a silver platter, while Mike Huckabee was still fighting on. Huckabee won one state’s primary with 60% of the vote after Romney quit. (Which means that it is not a given that McCain was going to win all primaries from there on out). Romney should have stayed in, like Huckabee and Ron Paul did, and McCain would have run out of public financing money. Without any money, McCain would likely have taken a nosedive.

Romney, Huckabe, and Paul didn’t have to reach 1191 pledged delegates. All they had to do was win enough of the remaining primaries to keep McCain from reaching 1191 pledged delegates, and it would have gone to a brokered convention, from which a candidate more conservative than McCain would have likely emerged.

Romney should have kept his word and kept fighting.

Instead, he broke his word, quit, lied about his reasons for quitting, and handed his delegates over to McCain.

That is why I cannot trust the man.

He sold out his integrity for a chance for it to be “his turn” in 2012.

ITguy on January 12, 2012 at 7:42 PM

I wonder if Palin is deep down sorry that she accepted the VP nod?

Think what her life would have been like. She would be completing her second obscure term in the Klondike and her family could all still be anonymous.

That call at the State Fair in 2008 from McCain almost destroyed her life.

And yet the McCain disaster was 6 points ahead before the run on the market by the powers that be.

Sad history all of it.

PappyD61 on January 12, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Hey John…

… How’s the fence coming?

Seven Percent Solution on January 12, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Rebar on January 12, 2012 at 7:44 PM

How can McCain not love that question? Huckster makes McCain look less horrible. McCain typically requires his own spawn to accomplish that feat.

kunegetikos on January 12, 2012 at 7:49 PM

There was only one Presidential Candidate in 2008 who committed in writing to build the fences on both the northern and southern borders by July 1, 2010.

Anyone remember who it was?

ITguy on January 12, 2012 at 7:52 PM

There was only one Presidential Candidate in 2008 who committed to Senator Jeff Sessions’ 15 point action plan to restore law and order to America’s broken immigration system.

Anyone remember who it was?

ITguy on January 12, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Bmore on January 12, 2012 at 7:02 PM

It’s a mistake to assume McCain was acting in good faith. I believe he intentionally threw the election. As a bonus, his criminally inept campaign took a very promising young Governor who could have been a national contender someday and turned her into a national joke. McCain should committed seppuku on camera in lieu of a concession speech

Walter Sobchak on January 12, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Anyone remember who it was?

ITguy on January 12, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Answer.

Anyone remember who it was?

ITguy on January 12, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Answer.

ITguy on January 12, 2012 at 8:02 PM

I still can’t believe Meggie hasn’t eaten him yet.

John…you make us all tired of having to say “we appreciate your service, but…”

CycloneCDB on January 12, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Romney 2008 > Romney 2012> McCain 2008 > McCain 2000.

therightwinger on January 12, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Walter, I agree with you, she could have really been something, for all of us. I will never forgive him and his lackeys for that.

Bmore on January 12, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Who would have been worse…..McCain or Obama?

PappyD61 on January 12, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Well…

McLame would have closed Gitmo.

McLame would have passed amnesty for illegals.

McLame would have immediately pulled the military from Iraq and Afghanistan.

We would still have had the stimulus bill passed.

McLame would have passed cap and trade, and wasted more money on global warming.

McLame would have been happy to “cross the aisle” to give in to work with the democrats.

McLame would have let the Bush tax cuts expire, and would have raised taxes.

I doubt if he would have increased government spending as rapidly as Obambi, but I’m sure it would have been close.

RoadRunner on January 12, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Teh Fled! has his revenge!!

JohnGalt23 on January 12, 2012 at 8:46 PM

History—don’t care.

jeanie on January 12, 2012 at 6:40 PM

that ….

conservative tarheel on January 12, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Who gives an emoticon about McCain?

catmman on January 12, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Irritated McCain

Redundant much?

peski on January 12, 2012 at 9:16 PM

So, they both kinda suck.

But, we forgive Mav cause he has come to the light recently.

Jailbreak on January 12, 2012 at 6:45 PM

You are exactly right. I remember how Huckabigot and Juan McAmnesty acted like snide, petty children in the debates when they teamed up against Romney. Romney was clearly the best then, and he’s the best now.

bluegill on January 12, 2012 at 9:25 PM

If there is one former or present Republican Presidential candidate that could make me support John McCain, it’s that clown Mike Huckabee. Basically, a SoCon Mike Bloomberg in a fat suit…an economic illiterate, bible-thumping, nanny-statist liberal fraud. Unfortunately, the fact that he is pro-life makes him conservative enough for some.

fitzfong on January 12, 2012 at 9:26 PM

To your specific question about Huckabee, I have this as an answer:

classicaliberal on January 12, 2012 at 9:57 PM

At this point watching Huck and McCain rehash things is about as exciting as contemplating Gerald Ford’s and Nelson Rockefeller’s WIN program.

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on January 12, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Sorry… Try this again. Here is my answer.

classicaliberal on January 12, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Mitt Romney is inconsistent and Mercurial. Huck is consistent… consistently awful.

Lehosh on January 12, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Huckabigot sucked then and now.

borntoraisehogs on January 12, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Who cares?
McCain sucks and Huckabee sucks. F both of them.

woodNfish on January 12, 2012 at 10:52 PM

My friends…

Ok, I can drink now.

BacaDog on January 12, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Huckabee never lets go of old grievances

Allahpundit on Jan 12, 2012 6:35 PM

I like that about Mike Huckabee. I like it when he remembers Kent Sorenson type betrayal moves and calls out these opportunistic politicians when they make them. What I can’t stand are hideous, hypocritical, frauds like John McCain who said that Mitt Romney was a liar and a flip flopper a mere three years ago and now he’s endorsing him.

apocalypse on January 12, 2012 at 11:04 PM

McCain, 2008- “Will you fight Fight! FIGHT!! with me?!!!?!!!”

I guess it was just a rhetorical question after all, Johnny.

profitsbeard on January 12, 2012 at 11:06 PM

You guy’s missed the boat by not backing Huckabee in 2008 and Fred Thompson did him dirty in South Carolina, OK. You guy’s did Huckabee dirty and you know you did, you stupid jerks.

apocalypse on January 12, 2012 at 11:10 PM

President Michael Dale Huckabee > President Barack Hussein Obama

apocalypse on January 12, 2012 at 11:12 PM

ITguy on January 12, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Great post Romney actively worked to make McCain the Nominee.

Nice documentation of Romneys Flip Flops. Before that he was Republican, Republican but Independent to left, Independent, Republican to the left of Kennedy, Independent (hated Regan) supporting the most liberal Democrats in the most liberal State in the Nation.

If Romney is anointed the GOP candidate I will vote for Obama. I will not make that stupid McCain mistake twice. McCain = Romney. Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me. Never again.

Steveangell on January 12, 2012 at 11:29 PM

I guess it was just a rhetorical question after all, Johnny.

profitsbeard on January 12, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Deffinately.

No fighting against Barack Hussine Obama was allowed you could not even say Hussine though it was the mans name. Pure stupidity on display.

Also look what Hussine has done for the Muslim Brotherhood before they were ostracized throughout the world and labeled a Terrorist group now they either control or may soon control at least five countries. If he is not Muslim (three Muslim names) he sure is awfully good to them. Ramadan and all Muslim Holidays celebrated in the White House but no Christian Holiday or even Prayer Day celebrated there.

Steveangell on January 12, 2012 at 11:35 PM

I miss the days when a Presidential candidate who lost, because even his own party didn’t like him much, retired to his farm.

Over50 on January 12, 2012 at 11:35 PM

jeanie on January 12, 2012 at 6:40 PM

History loves these kinds of tiffs.

The Nerve on January 13, 2012 at 12:37 AM

apocalypse on January 12, 2012 at 11:04 PM

I think the thread is dead, but I wanted to give you a +10000 on this.

Just Sayin on January 13, 2012 at 1:39 AM