Quotes of the day

posted at 10:40 pm on January 11, 2012 by Allahpundit

“‘I don’t want America to be a nation that’s primarily known for financial speculation,’ the president said during the event in the East Room. ‘I want us to be known for making and selling products all over the world stamped with three proud words: ‘Made in America.’

“To be sure, the president made no mention of Romney directly, but he has been critical of Wall Street before and the tenor of his remarks neatly complimented Vice President Biden’s assail on the former Massachusetts governor Tuesday, when he told New Hampshire Democrats via teleconference that Romney cares more about stockholders than employees.”

***

“Rick Santorum took a nameless swipe at Republicans who have been criticizing Mitt Romney’s time at Bain Capital.

“‘It’s this hostile rhetoric, which unfortunately – I don’t want to stand here and be a defender of Mitt Romney,’ Santorum said to a friendly crowd here tonight, ‘but unfortunately some in our party now, even some running for president will engage in with respect to capitalism. It is bad enough for Barack Obama to blame folks in business for causing problems in this country. Its one other thing for Republicans to join him.’”

***

“Jon Huntsman on Wednesday joined the chorus of Republicans urging Mitt Romney’s opponents to tone down their attacks on the former Massachusetts governor over his time at the investment firm Bain Capital.

“‘If you have creative destruction in capitalism, which has always been a part of capitalism, it becomes a little disingenuous to take on Bain Capital,’ Huntsman told reporters Wednesday after a campaign appearance at the University of South Carolina in Columbia. ‘I think it’s more instructive to look at governor Romney’s record as governor.’”

***

“We have heard a lot over the last couple months about the anti-Romney sentiment in the Republican party. However, this statistic suggests that, in New Hampshire at any rate, Romney is the only candidate with whom a majority of the party is satisfied. The rest of the candidates seem to have alienated more than half of the GOP.

“That is Romney’s biggest advantage, far and away.”

***

“‘He’s going to have to defend this,’ Perry said in an interview on ‘Fox and Friends’ on Wednesday morning. ‘And better in January than September if he’s going to be our nominee and have to explain.’”

Via Breitbart TV.

***

“‘I think their argument fell flat here in New Hampshire. They tried it very hard, ran ads here, were up and down the state campaigning, and people in the state here said, ‘look, we want a guy who spent some time in the private sector, not someone who spent their entire life in Washington.’ So I think it’s working for my benefit,’ the former Massachusetts governor said.”

***

“Perry began the segment attacking President Obama, but Hannity quickly shifted gears to the ‘very harsh words’ Perry has had for Romney. ‘It almost sounds like Occupy Wall Street,’ he noted, ‘it doesn’t sound like someone who is governing Texas as a conservative.’”

***

Click the image to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6 7

angryed: I agree that there is a headlong rush to elect Mitt before the voters find out too much about him.

But, if Mitt becomes unelectable in the General Election because of his Bain business experience, then there will be a backlash by the foot soldiers against the Establishment.

JonBGood on January 12, 2012 at 2:17 AM

If only he could stay coherent for longer than a couple of minutes in a debate.

Carthoris on January 12, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Obviously you have not watched his last six debates. He has so much improved in them that many pundits declared him the winner of a few. Plus, he is the only one to call Obama a “socialist” — and he did so right on the debate stage.

Besides, I’m not choosing a debater-in-chief. We already have one in the WH. How’s that working out for you?

Aslans Girl on January 12, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Smooth talkers often = silver-tongued devils.

Perry does fine on the stump and in interviews. Even nasty old Wallace said he found him “presidential”.

Aslans Girl on January 12, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Hotair has thrown in with Romney.

CoolChange80 on January 11, 2012 at 11:24 PM

“El Rey es mi gallo”, Sancho Panza – El Ingenioso Hidalgo Don Quijote de La Mancha by Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Loosely translated to “I favor the victor”.

Word-by-word translation doesn’t work here as, even in the original language the expression, taken literally, make no sense to a modern reader. It had to be explained with a foot note.

APasserBy on January 12, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Or BI (btw, look into the founder of that web-zine)…BI compares Romney in MA with barry in US…and barry is better…yea barry!. (i’m sorry i sorta thought Rhiel was conservative, but what do i know)

r keller on January 12, 2012 at 2:15 AM

On paper Barry is better.

Romney raised taxes more than Barry (as a % not actual dollars)

Romney’s campaign website defines “rich” as $200K. Barry defines it as $250K

Barry has NOT signed any Cap N Trade bills. Romney did sign one.

Romneycare mandates state funded abortions. Obamacare does not.

Obama has NOT signed any anti-gun bills. Romney signed one, the assault weapons ban in MA.

angryed on January 12, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Rush 2008: “Mitt is the conservative candidate.”

Rush 2010: “Mitt is not a conservative.”

Rush 2011: “I’m no Mittbot!! ..but, just, all the others are so horrible.” paraphrased. lol, love rush!

anotherJoe on January 12, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Aslans Girl on January 12, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Nor are we choosing the president of the Happily Married Dude Club. But plenty of people took Newt off their list because he is – GHASP – divorced.

angryed on January 12, 2012 at 2:22 AM

But your reasoning on Alaska would be the same for POTUS. If she won statewide office in Arizona it could make her viable again. But until then it just looks bad. Now a CEO job could also possibly rehabilitate her. Not saying it is fair it is decidedly unfair. But for now this is the way it is.

Steveangell on January 12, 2012 at 2:09 AM

She has 20 yrs experience. She is fine on the gov’t experience. She is the only one that can address both the Tea Party message and the OWS message as one. She makes everyone else look abysmal.

Agreed. If you don’t believe her words, believe Todd’s. There is no way he would say what he did about Gingrich if she had even the slightest thought of running for President.

McDuck on January 12, 2012 at 2:11 AM

All I will say is this: There is a reason that Todd endorsed him and not her. Politically, she’s a genius. I don’t think it’s your reason, but I won’t argue it. :)

I’m in Chicagoland and we’re expecting 8″; our first real snow of the year! Finally!

Aslans Girl on January 12, 2012 at 2:16 AM

Yay! Conservative in IL – a rare breed!
Stay safe!

Midwestprincesse on January 12, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Circumstances change. If Romney looks like winning the gamut, then she could very well jump in to stop Romney
promachus on January 12, 2012 at 2:13 AM

I don’t think so – she would have trouble getting traction at such a late date. Besides that, although some people are all about not-Romney, I think the among the majority of voters desire for more sideshows is very low.

whatcat on January 12, 2012 at 2:23 AM

anotherJoe on January 12, 2012 at 2:21 AM

In 2008 Mitt was the conservative candidate compared to McCain and Huckabee. On a 0-10 scale of conservatism, Mitt is a 3. McCain was a 2, Huckabee a 1. Mitt is still a 3 in 2012.

angryed on January 12, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Perry is the candidate that you order from central casting: a great candidate with a great record. He had a rough start. It was obvious that his team was not up to a national campaign. Also, Perry got into the race before he had time to heal. But, he has recovered. He is great at retail politics. His debating style has improved a lot. I like his folksiness.

Romney is the phony knock-off candidate that you mail-order from China and then find out how flawed it is. ;-)

JonBGood on January 12, 2012 at 2:25 AM

whatcat on January 12, 2012 at 2:23 AM

I hope the GOP goes down in 2012. They need a rebirth.

The majority of voters don’t get involved with their local GOP HQs.

At least with Huntsman, we get foreign policy cred.

It will be a train-wreck for Mitt. That is all.

Midwestprincesse on January 12, 2012 at 2:26 AM

r keller on January 12, 2012 at 2:15 AM

We both read the same article, but I don’t think you drew the right point of his column.

He’s right that it is ridiculous to think Gingrich and Perry hate capitalism per se, but that the average American does not appreciate the type of corporatism form of capitalism that Mitt practiced.

Being RIGHT is not necessarily the best way to get ELECTED, if you can understand what I’m trying to say.

Dan is sorta saying the same thing.

I worked with a guy who was very worldly and had an image as being a manly man. He told me a funny story of how he as a youth in Canada played hockey and they went to play a catholic school team of kids under the high school age and he came out like a bull and was checking the other kids and playing a way way way overly physical brand of hockey. He said his coach had to take him out because he had no clue what was going on, as the other kids stopped, even a couple on his OWN TEAM, and stared at him like he was some crazy psychopath.

He was a good hockey player, physical, but simply playing at a high school level amongst much younger kids. Now, he was great, but if they held an election as to who should be team captain or…Presdient, I think he would have lost.

Competence is good, but it also depends on how you win sometimes.

You can win many times…but not make enemies. Palin wants us to win but unite to beat Obama, but with a right of center candidate.

KirknBurker on January 12, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Night all.

Off to read those books I don’t read. :)

Midwestprincesse on January 12, 2012 at 2:27 AM

angryed on January 12, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Uh, I don’t think it was the issue of divorce as much as it was the problem he seemed to have with keeping the pants zipped.

McDuck on January 12, 2012 at 2:27 AM

G’Nite Midwestprincesse!

JonBGood on January 12, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Midwestprincesse on January 12, 2012 at 2:26 AM

The deadwood is still in charge of the party. Rove is one of them.

More of these people MUST go before the GOP is really ready to lead the executive branch and the legislature at the same time.

KirknBurker on January 12, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Rush 2008: “Mitt is the conservative candidate.”

Rush 2010: “Mitt is not a conservative.”

I can’t believe it. I’m still living a year behind! Change 2010 to 2011, make 11 to 12.

anotherJoe on January 12, 2012 at 2:30 AM

I gotta tell ya, all this ‘if you criticize/don’t like Bain, you’re anti-capitalist’ crap reminds me an awful lot of the ‘if you criticize/don’t like Obama, you’re racist’ crap from the left.

I guess dogmatism manifests itself the same no matter where it occurs…

avgjo on January 12, 2012 at 2:30 AM

angryed on January 12, 2012 at 2:20 AM

well, if you really believe that barry is more conservative than mitt I think you are deluding yourself.

hopefully, you know as well as i do that a second term for barry would flip those statement around pdq.

he doesn’t need cap and trade with the EPA. i’m sure he’s looking into anti-gun administrative actions as we speak

we know he’s very pro-abortion….esp. aborting those ‘mistakes’

also, 1.3T deficit? Taxes will follow…definitely. What can not continue, won’t

r keller on January 12, 2012 at 2:30 AM

McDuck on January 12, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Whatever. Who cares? I didn’t care who Clinton was banging in the WH. I wouldn’t care who Newt is either. That’s my point. It’s personal business. As long as it’s between two consenting adults, who the eff cares? Obama by all accounts is a good father and husband. And what has that gotten us?

That’s my point. It’s totally irrelevant to the position of president.

angryed on January 12, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Mitt Romney torched the Republican house in Iowa to knock Newt out of the race. Now that it looks like Mitt might be the occupant of the Republican house, Mitt and his surrogates want everyone else to douse the fire and “fancy up” the house for them. ;-)

JonBGood on January 12, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Yeah, but only if it’s got a “Union” label. I try NOT to purchase American products made by unionized companies. Reason why I never use UPS.

sage0925 on January 12, 2012 at 2:31 AM

angryed on January 12, 2012 at 2:20 AM

I tried to explain that about the abortion to somebody. They simply did not know that Romenycare uses taxpayer money for abortions.

Mitt’s records is THAT leftist compared to the O’s record as POTUS.

Simply incredible.

KirknBurker on January 12, 2012 at 2:33 AM

@ angryed 2:22
\
You know what really strikes me about the whole EEEVIL Noooot thing re: his promiscuity?

The same people beating him up for that seem to have no problem with Michelle Bachmann and Herman Cain making calculated decisions to slander or smear Rick Perry (‘LITTLE girls’ and the racist rock crap). I try very hard to live a Christian life, and I’ll tell you that I can forgive crimes/sins of passion easier than cold, calculated slander. As people who profess Christianity, Bachmann and Cain both know the Bible says slander is like murder.

avgjo on January 12, 2012 at 2:34 AM

we know he’s very pro-abortion….esp. aborting those ‘mistakes’

also, 1.3T deficit? Taxes will follow…definitely. What can not continue, won’t

r keller on January 12, 2012 at 2:30 AM

I said if you look at their respective records, Barry is to the right of Mitt. You’re probably right about a second Barry term. But what makes you so sure Mitt would be any different? If he banned guns once, why wouldn’t he do it again? He raised taxes once, why wouldn’t he raise them again? I’m not saying he will do all that. But he very well could. That’s the thing with Romney, you have no clue who he is or what he believes in.

angryed on January 12, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Midwestprincesse on January 12, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Late, but G’Nite. I very much enjoy your posts, and I’m sure I’ll enjoy them throughout this exciting political year.

KirknBurker on January 12, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Good night all. Getting close to midnight. Time for sleep.

angryed on January 12, 2012 at 2:38 AM

whatcat on January 12, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Yes, and Iowans are quite a different sort from South Carolinians. SC doesn’t vote based on whether a candidate supports ethanol subsidies. SC appreciates military service more than most other states as well. Also, the unemployment rate in IA is very low, they do not represent the rest of the nation that way either.

Aslans Girl on January 12, 2012 at 2:38 AM

KirknBurker on January 12, 2012 at 2:27 AM

well, surely mitt has to defend capitalism. There is a huge amount of dis-information out there. People pick up memes and repeat them without understanding the basics.

the Left has raised this to an art form. global warming, alar, etc. most people are only interested in charlie sheen, or lohan. they are experts in the casey anthony case.

history, not so much, math, no so much, business…evil.

if dan is saying that the country is not bright enough to understand bain, and the country is not educable, and we have to choose someone else…well, that’s an argument. But to trash bain because he support newt is a cheap shot

r keller on January 12, 2012 at 2:40 AM

G’Nite Angryed!

JonBGood on January 12, 2012 at 2:40 AM

We don’t need Mitt to defend capitalism.

Mitt needs to worry about his deals at Bain. Perhaps, he’d like to explain them to the Republican voter before he’s the nominee?

JonBGood on January 12, 2012 at 2:42 AM

I guess dogmatism manifests itself the same no matter where it occurs…

avgjo on January 12, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Good point. It also reminds me of when we critisize OBAMA and the Left accuses us of critisizing AMERICA. The president is NOT the whole of America and Bain is NOT the whole of capitalism.

Aslans Girl on January 12, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Aslans Girl on January 12, 2012 at 2:13 AM

My sister lives in Texas now. She says that Texans are not that happy with Rick. Her property taxes are rising and other fees in Texas are high. She says that everyone around Rick got rich with him as Gov. Gardisil was bad but what he did to home owners was far worse. He gave a commission run by home builders the right to handle all disputes with homeowners they sided with themselves 97% of the time. It had to be eventually abolished but not before destroying a lot of homeowners. You just had to follow the money when they passed a bill to see who Perry was enriching. Recently he drastically cut education part of why homeowner taxes are rising.

How is giving an illegal a college degree supposed to help they will still be illegal. They are adults not children. They break the law daily their own fault as they could return home. Thus his sob story was riddled with falsehoods.

That he now says he is sorry impresses me not a wit. I mean he just joins a long list of people who will say any lie to get elected. I believe his first response not his later lie.

Steveangell on January 12, 2012 at 2:46 AM

S/B “criticize”, ugh, I’m getting tired.

Aslans Girl on January 12, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Steveangell on January 12, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Texas isn’t “giving” illegals a college education — they’re letting them PAY for their own tuition but at the in-state rate/discount. The fund is paid for through sales tax and property tax (two taxes illegals pay), and it isn’t for just any illegal — it’s only for the children of illegals who are here through no fault of their own and they have to jump through hoops first (such as proving they’ve been in TX for three years; any other out-of-stater who wants the in-state rate has only to live in TX for one year).

Aslans Girl on January 12, 2012 at 2:49 AM

whatcat on January 12, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Aslans Girl on January 12, 2012 at 2:38 AM

I was more speaking to your mention of drawing good numbers in specific. Even losing candidates draw crowds. You’ll see that especially in general election Presidential campaigns. Even McGovern got good crowds in a campaign that lost 49 states. Every politician has hardcore fans that will fill a room. And there are others who just want to see a candidate who’s on his way down because they won’t get the chance again.

whatcat on January 12, 2012 at 2:50 AM

JonBGood on January 12, 2012 at 2:42 AM

Well, Mitt’s first explanation was to say that, hey, Obama’s done it, too! Oof. :facepalm:

Aslans Girl on January 12, 2012 at 2:51 AM

Aslans Girl on January 12, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Good Point!

JonBGood on January 12, 2012 at 2:52 AM

Aslan’s Girl

“The people in South Carolina appreciate military service more than in other states.”

I don’t doubt that at all. But in the latest polls, only 5% of them appreciate your guy.

But, keep on truckin’. Ya never know what the future holds.

Horace on January 12, 2012 at 2:53 AM

Aslans Girl on January 12, 2012 at 2:51 AM

LOL! It’s going to be a very, very, long General Election campaign!

JonBGood on January 12, 2012 at 2:53 AM

Obama by all accounts is a good father and husband.

angryed on January 12, 2012 at 2:31 AM
Yup guess that is why.

They take separate planes on all trips.

Why on these trips they are seldom together. These are golf holidays for him mostly it seems.

They are mostly seen far apart from each other.

There are numerous rumors of him being a closet bisexual.

There are also rumors of him and Valory Jarrett.

Of course the press never examines any of this they even suppress parties for three years.

Steveangell on January 12, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Horace,

Shouldn’t we give Perry the time to make his case to the good people of S. Carolina? The race really just began today.

JonBGood on January 12, 2012 at 2:55 AM

I guess dogmatism manifests itself the same no matter where it occurs…

avgjo on January 12, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Exactly.

At first glance, one may think that Romney’s business is just pure capitalism, nothing more. There’s more to it especially if one has to see how firms like Bain Capital forces one small capitalist to give up his company. Bain Capital is subservient to mega-companies, its main clients. There is an advantage for a larger client of Bain Capital to break smaller competitor and force it to get out of the business. And that’s the other business of Bain Capital.

Romney’s predatory capitalism is not the free market capitalism anchored with conservatism.

Conservatism is actually based on the principle of free market, whose ideals are anchored on free competition – many sellers, many buyers and all are price-takers.

Romney’s capitalism is not capitalism being fought for by the conservatives. It’s crony capitalism similar to Big Central Government controlling the economy.

Nuff said.

Conservativism is more people-centered,

TheAlamos on January 12, 2012 at 2:56 AM

JonBGood

Of course. IIRC, Secretariat was last out of the gate in the greatest Belmont victory ever.

One never knows. Perry deserves a chance, just like all the rest.

Horace on January 12, 2012 at 2:58 AM

Among the electorate, I don’t sense a lot of interest in looking into Obama’s life.

Most people are worried about the economy, and keeping their job or getting a job.

JonBGood on January 12, 2012 at 2:59 AM

One never knows. Perry deserves a chance, just like all the rest.

Horace on January 12, 2012 at 2:58 AM

Thanks Horace!Great analogy!

JonBGood on January 12, 2012 at 3:01 AM

Conservativism is more people-centered,

TheAlamos on January 12, 2012 at 2:56 AM

Well said. I hate how America has changed since I was a child then Levis got sued for forcing retailers to charge a minimum price for their jeans and lost. Today nearly every business does this. Regulations would never allow a new Microsoft, Ford or about any other company to be successful. Monopolies dominate America and hardly for the better.

Steveangell on January 12, 2012 at 3:01 AM

Horace,
JonBGood on January 12, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Eh, he’s been trying for – what – a week now? He’s not waiting for the go-ahead from anyone here.

whatcat on January 12, 2012 at 3:03 AM

JonBGood

‘Course, my opinion is that Perry will do badly in South Carolina and drop out.

But, what the hell do I know? If I could accurately predict the future, I would be inviting you to join me for dinner tomorrow night after I win the Powerball lottery.

Horace on January 12, 2012 at 3:03 AM

Steveangell on January 12, 2012 at 3:01 AM

If Steve Jobs were still with us I imagine he would beg to differ with you.

whatcat on January 12, 2012 at 3:07 AM

The millionaire talk radio personalities and the Establishment are drawing the line in the sand for the little people and telling them they will be allowed to go only so far in criticizing business – any type of business.

However, a lot of the little people have been hurt these past two decades by the predatory nature of the excesses of unbridled capitalism – socializing the losses and privatizing the profits.

I think that’s why a lot of conservatives are leery of Mitt’s Bain experience, and unwilling to buy it sight unseen.

JonBGood on January 12, 2012 at 3:09 AM

whatcat

You are correct, sir. Successful innovation will always find buyers, regardless of what the dang gubmint does.

That old saying about a “better mousetrap” still holds.

However, as someone who did legal practice in the securities field, I know that venture capital is a mainstay of innovation, despite what Gingrich and Perry might pander about.

Horace on January 12, 2012 at 3:11 AM

Horace on January 12, 2012 at 3:03 AM

LOL! I wish you much luck! I don’t play the lottery, though perhaps I should start! ;-)

Has Powerball went to $2 a chance yet?

JonBGood on January 12, 2012 at 3:11 AM

Still waiting for Rush, Hannity, Levin and other “Conservative” media personalities to demand that Romney drop out (as Levin did today f Newt and Perry) and to criticize the OWS/Democratic rhetoric of Romney when he sent out flyers scaring senior citizens about Perry’s Social Security position.

And for that matter, I’m still waiting for any of the people jumping on this bandwagon to call Romney a Marxist and lament his anti-Capitalist attack as well.

I will always be waiting, won’t I?

Hypocrites.

Malachi45 on January 12, 2012 at 3:11 AM

I do like Perry, but I am realistic about his chances.

I also like Newt, but once again, I am realistic about his chances. He’s high risk but potentially high reward. Newt would actually try to change Washington, I think. And he’s mean enough to do it! ;-)

JonBGood on January 12, 2012 at 3:13 AM

millionaire talk radio personalities

the little people

unbridled capitalism

JonBGood on January 12, 2012 at 3:09 AM

Someone really loves him some bigtime class warfare.

whatcat on January 12, 2012 at 3:13 AM

Except that he’s never fired off govt. workers when he had the chance. He does that with his private employees though.

promachus on January 12, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Your point is duly noted. If the attack on Romney’s record at Bain were framed in these terms, I would not be posting on the thread. What I am defending today is the overall principle that an executive has a duty to watch for the owner’s interests first; in this case, we, the taxpayers are the stockholders of the enterprise called America; and we should come first, the workforce (government employees), a distant second.

APasserBy on January 12, 2012 at 3:13 AM

Malachi45 on January 12, 2012 at 3:11 AM

Conservatives wanting the “Occupy Republican” candidates to drop out? How dare they!!!!

whatcat on January 12, 2012 at 3:17 AM

JonBGood

“Has Powerball went to $2 a chance yet?”

Don’t know. I play Powerball once a week on the theories that a.) I would probably just throw away the $1.00 on cheap women anyway – and I mean REALLY cheap, and, 2.) if you stand in a field long enough, lightning will strike you.

An old friend of mine, a Lakota from South Dakota, used to claim he was “getting to closer to winning” if he managed to pick two numbers correctly in a week. Injun logic, I reckon.

And, at my age, what would I do with the money anyway? Probably give most of it to my four children, then use the rest to hire a gang of 20-something naked women to chase me until I dropped dead.

Horace on January 12, 2012 at 3:18 AM

I will always be waiting, won’t I?

Hypocrites.

Malachi45 on January 12, 2012 at 3:11 AM

The unwritten law of elections is that what is good for Mitt is good for Mitt. It is forbidden to mention any heresies of Mitt. It is forbidden to mention any concerns over his business experience at Bain. It is forbidden to criticize Mitt, since doing so, would only serve the interests of the Democrats in weakening him before the General Election. Therefore, any criticism of Mitt is explicit support of Obama.

Of course, the corollary is that what is right for Mitt is not right for any of the other candidates. Because, “For Pete’s sake,” he’s running for President! Didn’t you know? ;-)

JonBGood on January 12, 2012 at 3:19 AM

Horace on January 12, 2012 at 3:18 AM

LOL! Go for it! You only live once, they say! ;-0

JonBGood on January 12, 2012 at 3:21 AM

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

angryed on January 12, 2012 at 2:04 AM

You mean like that Twerp woman who uses this site as her personal diary to go off topic about her life in Lubbock, her schedule at Wal-Mart, her pets, her eating disorder, and her spawn, that she had her tubes tied, tattoos blah blah blah?

She provokes people with one liners like “Palin is a quitter” and “Palin is an attention hog” on every Palin thread and “Cain needs to zip up his fly” and “Malkin is a shrill Tancrazy extremist” and “Bachmann is classless Trash”?

Jeebus, we all know about her constant drum-beat day in and day out. Same thing over and over again.

But if you dare point this out (as many have done) then she calls you a troll and runs to her cyber buddies because she won’t address her bomb throwing tactics or even debate with you.

Pure projection. At least anninca was interesting talking about her inner thoughts and was somewhat intelligent. Sheesh.

Frobenius on January 12, 2012 at 3:21 AM

whatcat

I generally like Levin, but he spends an awful amount of time talking to himself and, guess what? He always agrees with himself.

Horace on January 12, 2012 at 3:23 AM

whatcat

That old saying about a “better mousetrap” still holds.

Yup, as we see with Android threatening costly Ipad-phones type gadgets.

Horace on January 12, 2012 at 3:11 AM

I agree. Not all new products can be built in some kid’s garage using his allowance money.

whatcat on January 12, 2012 at 3:25 AM

Someone really loves him some bigtime class warfare.

whatcat on January 12, 2012 at 3:13 AM

Classic “Mittbott”, with apparently, a total lack of any discernment skills!

JonBGood on January 12, 2012 at 3:25 AM

Horace on January 12, 2012 at 3:23 AM

Did you see the Dog Thread? Comedy gold. One of the Perry girls was really trying hard to gain traction while slipping in dog poo.

Frobenius on January 12, 2012 at 3:25 AM

whatcat
Horace on January 12, 2012 at 3:23 AM

He’s usually good, but I can’t listen to him for too long – his voice makes me laugh.

whatcat on January 12, 2012 at 3:27 AM

TheAlamos

That’s what’s lost.

The problem in America is we have replaced a consciousness of self-governing morality with dogmas, on both sides.

The left sees everything in terms of ‘economic justice’.

The right sees everything in terms of ‘economic freedom’.

the left has made great strides because it (falsely) frames its arguments in moralistic language, such as ‘greed’, ‘helping the poor’, etc.

The right, on the other hand, frames everything in academic, polysyallbic language, such as ‘creative destruction’, ‘market-based solutions’, etc.

To make matters worse, we have people on our side who think that criticism of specific types of businesses or specific companies = anticapitalism.

Their full-throated defense of Bain capital and its ilk, coupled with their almost complete silence on fascist abuses like eminent domain being used to give development companies real estate and others makes them look like big business hacks.

You never hear these guys talk about that sort of thing, or how big businesses influence legislation to make small businesses’ lives more difficult etc.

But let you or me dare mention this, and we’re anti-capitalism.

(BTW, their use of the term ‘capitalism’ betrays how little thought they’ve put into this. It’s a Marxist term. To his credit, Rush did mention that once.)

What’s scary is how this dogmatic, really thought-less attitude has pervaded rank-and-file on our side.

avgjo on January 12, 2012 at 3:32 AM

Frobenius

IIRC, angryed is one of the Hot Gas old-timers who long for the old days when threads were filled with posts about how smart they all were. Always cussin’ about the “noobs.”

The Twerp Woman belongs in a chat room of some sort, but her fan club among the old-timers think she’s a “good girl” and a “deep thinker.”

Her switches from Judaism to Catholicism, depending on the thread, are irritating, as is her jump to autism or Aspberger’s Syndrome victimhood if anyone challenges her. (She claims to have both, but as someone who worked with autistic children for 15 years, it ain’t medically possible. Related, but not the same.)

Spent considerable time on another thread yesterday calling anyone who wasn’t prepared to join the Israeli Army tomorrow all kinds of nasty names.

But, she’s been posting her since 1946, so the Hot Gas curmudgeons don’t see her for the troll she is.

Horace on January 12, 2012 at 3:32 AM

Horace on January 12, 2012 at 3:23 AM

Frobenius on January 12, 2012 at 3:25 AM

You really have it out for those ladies don’t you. Do you have Perry Girls on the Bain?

Malachi45 on January 12, 2012 at 3:34 AM

Classic “Mittbott”, with apparently, a total lack of any discernment skills!
JonBGood on January 12, 2012 at 3:25 AM

Or even worse – I could be one of the 1% running dog capitalist types who oppresses the proletariat!

whatcat on January 12, 2012 at 3:35 AM

Frobenius

Horace on January 12, 2012 at 3:32 AM

You are a crap weasel.

Malachi45 on January 12, 2012 at 3:37 AM

Horace on January 12, 2012 at 3:32 AM

Here is a map you might find oh so interesting, zzzzz.

LoL

Frobenius on January 12, 2012 at 3:37 AM

I’m sensing some anti-Southern douchery afoot.

Malachi45 on January 12, 2012 at 3:39 AM

Malachi45

Name-calling is sooooooooo Twerpish.

Horace on January 12, 2012 at 3:39 AM

You really have it out for those ladies don’t you.
Malachi45 on January 12, 2012 at 3:34 AM

There is a tiny cadre of “Perry girls” who pop up with a Justin Beiber-like devotion to Rick. Some flew in from RedState during the last open registration solely to troll for Perry; monotopical, absolutely no interest/ability in any discussion that does not involve Perry.

whatcat on January 12, 2012 at 3:40 AM

You really have it out for those ladies don’t you.
Malachi45 on January 12, 2012 at 3:34 AM

whatcat on January 12, 2012 at 3:40 AM

But they are referring to Aslan’s Girl and Annoying little Twerp, no? Those aren’t newbies are they?

Malachi45 on January 12, 2012 at 3:42 AM

Malachi45 on January 12, 2012 at 3:39 AM

Nice try playing the bigotry card as if I have something against a random location that some person talks about day in and day out.

Its a map.

Frobenius on January 12, 2012 at 3:42 AM

Malachi45

Name-calling is sooooooooo Twerpish.

Horace on January 12, 2012 at 3:39 AM

Okay.

Malachi45 on January 12, 2012 at 3:43 AM

Well, whatcat, then perhaps we can have tea and crumpets together. ;-)

JonBGood on January 12, 2012 at 3:43 AM

Malachi45 on January 12, 2012 at 3:39 AM

Its a map.

Frobenius on January 12, 2012 at 3:42 AM

Oh? So why were all of the Wal Marts marked?

Malachi45 on January 12, 2012 at 3:44 AM

Frobenius

Nice map of The Sixth Most Dangerous City in America (Forbes)

Malachi45

Put the “anti-Southern douchery” to bed. My mother was born and raised in Alabama, all of my maternal relatives live in Alabama and Georgia. My Irish ancestors on my mother’s side were convicts sent to the penal colony in Georgia in the 1600′s by the British.

And I am preparing to celebrate the 205th birthday of the noble and honorable Robert E. Lee on January 19th.

“anti-Southern douchery” indeed. Bless your little pea-pickin’ heart.

Horace on January 12, 2012 at 3:46 AM

Malachi45 on January 12, 2012 at 3:39 AM

Its a map.

Frobenius on January 12, 2012 at 3:42 AM

Now, now Frobe. You aren’t being a bit stalkerish are you?

Malachi45 on January 12, 2012 at 3:46 AM

Why can’t Rick Perry have a fan club? Newt has a fan club.

Does Santorum have a fan club?

Amazingly, Mitt has a fan club that travels the “internets.” Thank goodness for the upgrade: Mittbot 2.3. I was beginning to wonder if there was any innovation going on over at Bain .. oops, I mean RomneyCentral ;-)

JonBGood on January 12, 2012 at 3:47 AM

Oh? So why were all of the Wal Marts marked?

Malachi45 on January 12, 2012 at 3:44 AM

Its a map of Wal-Marts in Lubbock that’s why. So Twerp can talk about Wal-Mart in Lubbock 24/7 and her work schedule blah blah blah and I can’t link to a map as a joke. That bothers you?

You really are reaching trying to make it sound like I’m bigoted aren’t you.

Frobenius on January 12, 2012 at 3:48 AM

Frobenius

Nice map of The Sixth Most Dangerous City in America (Forbes)

Malachi45

“anti-Southern douchery” indeed. Bless your little pea-pickin’ heart.

Horace on January 12, 2012 at 3:46 AM

Well, I don’t know you from Adam, so I don’t know or care if any of that is true. No matter. I have known Southerners who are anti-Southern bigots. You spent more than a week on here doing an an anti-Southern minstrel show, so I’m sticking with my anti-Southern bigot thing. Ya’ hear me son?

Malachi45 on January 12, 2012 at 3:49 AM

Malachi45 on January 12, 2012 at 3:42 AM

Nah – they’ve been around for awhile, as you said and are just caught up in Perrymania. Annoying sometimes (unlike me, of course) but not mono-topical, humorless drive-bys by any means.

When Perry drops out, the others – the “just here for Perry” types – will lose interest and will very likely never be heard from again.

whatcat on January 12, 2012 at 3:50 AM

You aren’t being a bit stalkerish are you?

Malachi45 on January 12, 2012 at 3:46 AM

Yes I am stalking everyone in The Sixth Most Dangerous City in America (Forbes) at the same time. Try again…keep reaching.

Frobenius on January 12, 2012 at 3:50 AM

JonBGood

I agree. The Perry Girls are entitled to be cheerleaders for Perry all they want, although they do seem to squirm a bit too much at times.

However, a fan club would probably be a cult to the Twerp woman, so they had better watch it a bit.

Horace on January 12, 2012 at 3:50 AM

Do you think it’s appropriate to chat about a fellow commenter when she’s not here to defend herself?

JonBGood on January 12, 2012 at 3:51 AM

Oh? So why were all of the Wal Marts marked?

Malachi45 on January 12, 2012 at 3:44 AM

You really are reaching trying to make it sound like I’m bigoted aren’t you.

Frobenius on January 12, 2012 at 3:48 AM

Not very funny. You don’t find your obsession with another commenter a bit weird?

Malachi45 on January 12, 2012 at 3:51 AM

Malachi45

Yeah, I would lie about my own dead mother.

I admire your classy take.

And “ministrel” show? Rather a beeg-otted term, doncha think?

Horace on January 12, 2012 at 3:52 AM

JonBGood on January 12, 2012 at 3:51 AM

Or link a map with the Wal Marts are marked, one of which she apparently may work at?

I think it’s inappropriate.

Malachi45 on January 12, 2012 at 3:53 AM

JonBGood

Probably not. I will cease. I’m hopin’ someday to have the genuine class of Malachi45, so this is as good a point to start as any.

Horace on January 12, 2012 at 3:55 AM

Malachi45

Yeah, I would lie about my own dead mother.

I admire your classy take.

And “ministrel” show? Rather a beeg-otted term, doncha think?

Horace on January 12, 2012 at 3:52 AM

Like I said, i don’t know you or what you would lie about.

And the use of the term “minstrel” was top make a point. You know the term but didn’t seem to get the point. Or, actually you probably did but are being dishonest about it to try a little riposte with it.

Malachi45 on January 12, 2012 at 3:55 AM

JonBGood

Horace on January 12, 2012 at 3:55 AM

Uh oh. You think I’m classless. Better go cut my own head off. Can’t go on living now.

Malachi45 on January 12, 2012 at 3:57 AM

What we have to look forward to.

This is just the beginning salvo against out most electable candidate.

tonotisto on January 12, 2012 at 3:58 AM

Horace: I love, how in the South, there is a nuanced way, of being polite and also conveying sarcasm. It is a gift.

JonBGood on January 12, 2012 at 3:58 AM

Malachi45

I think you are the most informed, intelligent and forthright poster on Hot Air.

Am I lying again? You be the judge. But, don’t forget – you yourself said you don’t know if I’m lying or not.

Horace on January 12, 2012 at 3:59 AM

BTW, Horace, I can’t imagine any southerner who venerates lee trashing a fellow confederate descendant like Perry in the disrespectful and insulting manner you did. Criticizing is one thing; painting him out to be a dumb Southern hick is another. You did the latter. So you can kiss my Southern @$%.

Malachi45 on January 12, 2012 at 4:01 AM