Quotes of the day

posted at 10:40 pm on January 11, 2012 by Allahpundit

“‘I don’t want America to be a nation that’s primarily known for financial speculation,’ the president said during the event in the East Room. ‘I want us to be known for making and selling products all over the world stamped with three proud words: ‘Made in America.’

“To be sure, the president made no mention of Romney directly, but he has been critical of Wall Street before and the tenor of his remarks neatly complimented Vice President Biden’s assail on the former Massachusetts governor Tuesday, when he told New Hampshire Democrats via teleconference that Romney cares more about stockholders than employees.”

***

“Rick Santorum took a nameless swipe at Republicans who have been criticizing Mitt Romney’s time at Bain Capital.

“‘It’s this hostile rhetoric, which unfortunately – I don’t want to stand here and be a defender of Mitt Romney,’ Santorum said to a friendly crowd here tonight, ‘but unfortunately some in our party now, even some running for president will engage in with respect to capitalism. It is bad enough for Barack Obama to blame folks in business for causing problems in this country. Its one other thing for Republicans to join him.’”

***

“Jon Huntsman on Wednesday joined the chorus of Republicans urging Mitt Romney’s opponents to tone down their attacks on the former Massachusetts governor over his time at the investment firm Bain Capital.

“‘If you have creative destruction in capitalism, which has always been a part of capitalism, it becomes a little disingenuous to take on Bain Capital,’ Huntsman told reporters Wednesday after a campaign appearance at the University of South Carolina in Columbia. ‘I think it’s more instructive to look at governor Romney’s record as governor.’”

***

“We have heard a lot over the last couple months about the anti-Romney sentiment in the Republican party. However, this statistic suggests that, in New Hampshire at any rate, Romney is the only candidate with whom a majority of the party is satisfied. The rest of the candidates seem to have alienated more than half of the GOP.

“That is Romney’s biggest advantage, far and away.”

***

“‘He’s going to have to defend this,’ Perry said in an interview on ‘Fox and Friends’ on Wednesday morning. ‘And better in January than September if he’s going to be our nominee and have to explain.’”

Via Breitbart TV.

***

“‘I think their argument fell flat here in New Hampshire. They tried it very hard, ran ads here, were up and down the state campaigning, and people in the state here said, ‘look, we want a guy who spent some time in the private sector, not someone who spent their entire life in Washington.’ So I think it’s working for my benefit,’ the former Massachusetts governor said.”

***

“Perry began the segment attacking President Obama, but Hannity quickly shifted gears to the ‘very harsh words’ Perry has had for Romney. ‘It almost sounds like Occupy Wall Street,’ he noted, ‘it doesn’t sound like someone who is governing Texas as a conservative.’”

***

Click the image to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 7

Yeah, he looks like a washed up gigolo for those yearning to have sex with their daddy. Just perfect.

promachus on January 11, 2012 at 11:47 PM
Showing the class act you are..Nice work kook..:)

Dire Straits on January 11, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Hostile Gospel on January 11, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Video doesn’t count for Romney supporters. Or things that he said in the past. Only the words that are currently coming out of Romney’s mouth are what he truly believes. Unless he’s off script. Then you’re a bigot.

29Victor on January 11, 2012 at 11:55 PM

I understand your aversion to reading from an electronic device, but I got a Kindle Fire for Christmas and am reading more than I have in years. Once you get used to it, it’s pretty incredible. Plus, you can find hundreds of past-copyright books free in the Kindle marketplace. I’m rolling in Dickens, Kipling and Dumas and my wife is in Austen heaven.

29Victor on January 11, 2012 at 11:49 PM

I had very few books to read when I lived behind the Iron Curtain. I’m going wild with all the good freebies that Amazon is offering for Kindle. And on “cyber-Monday” they had tons of older best sellers for $2.50 a book.

I am in heaven.

JPeterman on January 11, 2012 at 11:55 PM

If Perry is going to get anywhere by cheating off Newt’s test with his “vulture capitalism” attack, he’s going to have to articulate how Romney managed to make money by laying people off. His answer to Hannity was, “the people of South Carolina know.” Good, maybe you should have them explain it to you, because you clearly have no clue.

RightOFLeft on January 11, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Well, I’ve had it for today. Later folks . . .

KickandSwimMom on January 11, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Sharr on January 11, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Oops. You posted it first.

Mitt thinks he’s Newt.

KirknBurker on January 11, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Start a new trilogy. You will like it if you liked Hunger Games

Divergent

JPeterman on January 11, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Suitable for what ages? thanks.

Capitalist Hog on January 11, 2012 at 11:56 PM

sheryl on January 11, 2012 at 11:48 PM

You would be attracted to me. I kind of look like Mitt Romney. However I have conservative principles, and I don’t speak french so those would be a turn off for you.

portlandon on January 11, 2012 at 11:51 PM

So she is the idyot that wuvs Willard cause he speaks French. Cripes all the Mittards are out tonight. The bark on command don’t they.

Frobenius on January 11, 2012 at 11:57 PM

29Victor on January 11, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Oh I’m sure I’ll cave and eventually get one. It’s like my aversion to getting a tech-y phone. I see so many people that have them and think, “Unless you work for an events department or are a physician”, you don’t need a tech-y phone. But that’s just me.

I’m currently reading Kathy Reichs, who is the creator of the Bones TV series.

Midwestprincesse on January 11, 2012 at 11:57 PM

promachus on January 11, 2012 at 11:47 PM

O_O

Uh, I suppose I feel lucky for not getting in early on this thread.

Bishop on January 11, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Well, I’ve had it for today. Later folks . . .

KickandSwimMom on January 11, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Later to you. I enjoyed your comments about Santorum tonight.

JPeterman on January 11, 2012 at 11:57 PM

promachus on January 11, 2012 at 11:47 PM
Showing the class act you are..Nice work kook..:)

Dire Straits on January 11, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Fixed..:)

Dire Straits on January 11, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Hannity is a half-assed conservative. He swoons over Giuliani, and puts the GOP over country.

Rush treats ‘capitalism’ like a religion – he’s very dogmatic.

Americans have a right to choose or reject a president based on whether they think his business practices are right or wrong, regardless of if they are legal.

To deny this is to promote dogmatism and to give free enterprise a bad name. They’re hurting the cause.

OF course, Hannity’s none too bright, and Rush is none to subtle…

avgjo on January 11, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Newt.Palin.Perry’s ignorance of this business sector of free enterprise shouldn’t fall on Mitt to explain away their lack of knowledge.

sheryl on January 11, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Mitt was really convincing this morning when he said what he did at Bain was the same as what Obama did for GM & Chrysler.

Romney is Obamalite and he seems to be OK with that.

workingclass artist on January 11, 2012 at 11:58 PM

“When Mitt Romney Came to Town” is Mitt’s Reverend Wright tapes/Swiftboating.

He’s done

DBear on January 11, 2012 at 11:58 PM

RightOFLeft on January 11, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Buy company. Sell bonds while transforming the company debt to Bain income by various methods such as dividends or stock repurchase.

Alternatively, pump up IPO by illegally pressuring Lehman Bros to issue “Strong Buy”. Sell stock within 6 months of IPO as it will go down to 1 cent within the next year.

ZGMF_Freedom on January 11, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Nice swift kick in Mitt’s yarbles by Palin.

victor82 on January 11, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Hannity is a half-assed conservative. He swoons over

Giuliani, and puts the GOP over country.

Rush treats ‘capitalism’ like a religion – he’s very dogmatic.

OF course, Hannity’s none too bright, and Rush is none to subtle…

avgjo on January 11, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Kudos!

workingclass artist on January 11, 2012 at 11:59 PM

“When Mitt Romney Came to Town” is Mitt’s Reverend Wright tapes/Swiftboating.

He’s done

DBear on January 11, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Yep.

workingclass artist on January 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM

RightOFLeft on January 11, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Perry is as dumb as they get.

Igor R. on January 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM

This is kewl…

… with the 24/7 media, we now choose a new candidate every day! Even after only two primaries!

And if you’re still undecided…

… don’t worry. They will tell you who to vote for!

Isn’t this a hoot…?

Seven Percent Solution on January 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM

29Victor on January 11, 2012 at 11:49 PM

I am in heaven.

JPeterman on January 11, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Book making is an art! Choice of layout, font, color, plate — whether to use this or that ligature; carefully typesetting a particular page, so that an author’s climax reads neatly and cleanly 10 pages later — careful craftsmanship to create a beautiful, life-long friend for those who forge the friendship!

The readers want me to strip all that away and just present — copy. 10 out of 10 for purity, but –

I’ve already lost this battle, haven’t I?

Anachronism.

Axe on January 12, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Later folks, I really enjoyed my comments. It was great for you to read them.

Frobenius on January 12, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Oh, I’d say that Romney has VERY close ties to his Super PAC.

KickandSwimMom on January 11, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Your quote from the Economic Policy Journal doesn’t corroborate this:

You can bet plenty behind the scenes since 2008. Didn’t he lend his own pac millions of dollars at one point? I thought that his pac received the money and it was traced to him

a capella on January 12, 2012 at 12:02 AM

“When Mitt Romney Came to Town” is Mitt’s Reverend Wright tapes/Swiftboating.

He’s done

DBear on January 11, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Yep.

workingclass artist on January 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM

It’s more like “When Newt the Communist Came to Crazy Town”.

Igor R. on January 12, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Rush on Perry: “this is the way Fidel Castro thinks”.

I recently quipped with Castro expressing disappointment with Obama that Fidel is now supporting Gingrich-Perry 2012. Looks like I nailed that one perfectly.

whatcat on January 12, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Suitable for what ages? thanks.

Capitalist Hog on January 11, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Young adults, just like Hunger Games.

And Robb Smith finally finished up his Leo Demidov trilogy that started with this book.

Child 44

Very, very good.

JPeterman on January 12, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Fixed..:)

Dire Straits on January 11, 2012 at 11:57 PM

That was one heck of a typo.

John the Libertarian on January 12, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Notice how Rush incorporated “economic liberty” a la Frank Luntz in his Perry tonguelashing. Start bringing in the Ron Paul supporters while the issue is hot. Rush is thinking which is more than we can say for the Kamikaze Konservatives.

msmveritas on January 11, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Yeah that was smart since Luntz is a new youtube star trashing Bachmann & Perry in a hotel lobby.

Then he got mad cause a radio talkshow guy was filming it.

This is bullsh!t

People whined when nobody went after Romney.

workingclass artist on January 12, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Rush on Perry: “this is the way Fidel Castro thinks”.

whatcat on January 12, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Newt has been studying what makes Castro tick. His new book is called “In Fidel”.

Igor R. on January 12, 2012 at 12:04 AM

I’ve already lost this battle, haven’t I?

Anachronism.

Axe on January 12, 2012 at 12:01 AM

I used to work in graphic design some years ago. One of my clients was also a professional book binder. Completely blew me away with out intricate the process could be.

Definitely a lost art.

Hostile Gospel on January 12, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Gingrich asked for a clean fight & Romney started slinging the mud. He’s run unfair attack ads against his opponents in this race and the last. Now someone is running them against him. Boo-freekin-hoo.

29Victor on January 11, 2012 at 11:35 PM

This is what I find shocking about this whole incident.

Romney is just so thin-skinned. Nobody has really attacked him much at all this campaign until recently, and he acts like he is so innocent.

He just comes off as such a wussy and weak.

He should have risen above it the entire campaign and it would be a cakewalk.

But no, he has VERY poor political judgement.

Question of the Day:

Does anybody here believe Romney would be anywhere near where he is now if ALL the candidates started out with the same amount of money but everything else was the same?

Of course not. Mitt’s money, like affirmative action, has protected and coddled him so much. He would be a tremendous zero without it in this campaign.

He is just one lie after another like other candidates. But he has a few bucks to run negative adds and thinks he should be President.

Entitlment mindset. I’ve seen it before in people who come from wealthy families who started out in life with ZERO hardships and never faced many tough challenges or ever had to stand by their principles even if it cost them severely.

Romney has never been challenged much in his life and it shows.

KirknBurker on January 12, 2012 at 12:05 AM

That was one heck of a typo.

John the Libertarian on January 12, 2012 at 12:03 AM

LoL..That strike button gets me sometimes..:)

Dire Straits on January 12, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Frobenius on January 11, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Yep. I don’t mind Mitt supporters. They argue points.

But the Mittbots are intolerable. They just drool and throw their poop.

Here is Mitt speaking French for Sheryl.

portlandon on January 12, 2012 at 12:05 AM

“When Mitt Romney Came to Town” is Mitt’s Reverend Wright tapes/Swiftboating.

He’s done

DBear on January 11, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Too bad he’ll be nominated then get licked.

Hey… Scott Walker!!

Flapjackmaka on January 12, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Wow. This thread, and threads lately … just … I don’t know … wow.

I’ve been reading and commenting at Hot Air for about 4 years, and lately Hot Air comment threads have turned into a revolting stream of filth and ugliness like I’ve never seen. And the posts themselves are so weirdly pessimistic and dark depressing and, like, out of touch with … anything that any real person is out there living and thinking. AP: stop writing and watching cable news and reading other blogs for about a week. Then maybe you’ll think nominating Mitt Romney isn’t going to bring about the end of the world this year as prophesied in the Mayan calendar. It’s just a political party. With lots of people in it. He’s just a candidate. This is an important election. And we’re hoping for the best. Jeez. I’m out of here for awhile. I used to like Hot Gas and I can’t take it anymore.

ThanksMo on January 12, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Perry is as dumb as they get.

Igor R. on January 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Yet he was the only guy to rattle Mr. Perfecto into political stupidity in two debates & badboy Newt slammed him with pios baloney.

workingclass artist on January 12, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Your ability to bring others to your side is broken.
portlandon on January 11, 2012 at 11:37 PM

I’m not interested in bringing the Princesse to my side. She’s just an annoying little gnat.

Good Solid B-Plus on January 11, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Having observed the Princesse in action, I firmly, er, ‘believe’ she has not read War and Peace. I “believe” that if she had read it she would have said, “I’ve read War and Peace, not “I own a copy…”. Everything you wrote about owning a Bentley is irrelevant to that point.

Buy Danish on January 12, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Rush on Perry: “this is the way Fidel Castro thinks”.

whatcat on January 12, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Igor R. on January 12, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Are you sure it wasn’t “In fidelity”?

whatcat on January 12, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Igor R.

“Perry is as dumb as they get.”

Hey, now you just hold on there a minute, Pardner. 1% of the good folks in New Hampshire, almost 5% of the people in South Carolina and purt’near 5% of the GOP voters in Florida would disagree with you on that.

Ol’ Rick is gonna “Alamo” is opponents. He said so on Sunday in Spartanburg, South Carolina. ‘Course, I reckon Ol’ Rick doesn’t know how that particular battle turned out for the Texans involved, not to mention Davy Crockett. Giddy-up!

Horace on January 12, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Definitely a lost art.

Hostile Gospel on January 12, 2012 at 12:04 AM

I’ve got a friend that went to graphic design school to work in Hollywood.

She works on a production team for a CW series. Let’s just say, she’s beyond talented.

Midwestprincesse on January 12, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Definitely a lost art.

Hostile Gospel on January 12, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Thanks for mentioning that :)

Not trying to go Luddite. I just wish … It seems like we could do both.

Axe on January 12, 2012 at 12:09 AM

This is what I find shocking about this whole incident.

He just comes off as such a wussy and weak.

He should have risen above it the entire campaign and it would be a cakewalk.

But no, he has VERY poor political judgement.

Question of the Day:

Romney has never been challenged much in his life and it shows.

KirknBurker on January 12, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Romney is Obamalite

workingclass artist on January 12, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Want to destroy capitalism. Keep protecting Romney from his business practices, which, while legal, are certainly not what the people of America approve of as capitalism. Essentially, tell Americans that not only do Republicans not find it illegal to do these extremely shady deals (I say that is fine, buyer beware and so forth), but the people who do these deals are worthy of the highest degree of respect, that of being called Mr. President.

No, people who do these kinds of deals should be looked up to.

Buy up company down on its luck, fire large numbers of it’s employees, temporarily pump its profits to look good, sell large amounts of bonds and take out as much loan debt as you can by telling the investors how you are going to turn the company around and that they should not miss this opportunity to make money. Transfer the lions share of money from those bond sales and loans over to a separate but controlled by yourself company that those who loaned your shell company (that what it basically becomes the way Romney is using it) so those who loaned the money and bought the bonds have no method of recovery. Get artificially high buy ratings calls from ratings agencies reliant on your business, sell the IPO way over true value, keep it propped up long enough to dump the stock, and leave with hundreds of millions of other people’s money.

That my friends is the kind of capitalism we must absolutely tell the American people is sacred to keeping America great and prosperous.
Romney 2012!

astonerii on January 12, 2012 at 12:10 AM

1st. Take a struggling but still profitable business, load it up with debt, pay yourselves lots of money, default on the loan and force it into bankruptcy.

Now think….how many times would lenders be willing to lend you money if you shafted them and took their money????

r keller on January 11, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Once. When the money is gone, the company goes bankrupt because no one will lend them money to fund ongoing concerns.

Keep trying.

alwaysfiredup on January 12, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Romney has never been challenged much in his life and it shows.

KirknBurker on January 12, 2012 at 12:05 AM

I see it in our current president.

29Victor on January 12, 2012 at 12:10 AM

workingclass artist on January 12, 2012 at 12:06 AM

I’m thinking you probably really don’t want to brag on Perry and debates a whole lot. Of course, he did manage to drive himself down to 5% via them – I guess that’s an accomplishment of sorts.

whatcat on January 12, 2012 at 12:11 AM

I’m out. The next few days is going to be pretty exciting as the Bain story hits it apex. I hope that more people come around and change their mind about Bain as I did.

ZGMF_Freedom on January 12, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Flapjackmaka on January 12, 2012 at 12:06 AM

WHERE?
:-)

KirknBurker on January 12, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Frobenius on January 11, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Yep. I don’t mind Mitt supporters. They argue points.

But the Mittbots are intolerable. They just drool and throw their poop.

Here is Mitt speaking French for Sheryl.

portlandon on January 12, 2012 at 12:05 AM

LOL. Nice vid.

PetunDanisCSLousSheryMeredithMJBrut will love it.

Frobenius on January 12, 2012 at 12:12 AM

I see it in our current president.

29Victor on January 12, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Me too.

KirknBurker on January 12, 2012 at 12:13 AM

I am in heaven.

JPeterman on January 11, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Amazing, isn’t it? We got our oldest a Kindle, once his brothers saw it they bought their own. Now we all read together. The same books, paid for once or free. It’s been a bit of a life-changer for us.

29Victor on January 12, 2012 at 12:13 AM

I’ve already lost this battle, haven’t I?

Anachronism.

Axe on January 12, 2012 at 12:01 AM

I would love to see that. There are still a ton of books that haven’t made it to Kindle. There are a couple of books I’ve been looking for, for years. Can’t find them at the library or anywhere.

JPeterman on January 12, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Your quote from the Economic Policy Journal doesn’t corroborate this:

a capella on January 12, 2012 at 12:02 AM

It looks like the PAC is “separate” from Romney, but by separate, I only mean not headed by him or his family. Everything else is as close to Romney as you can get. And it’s not all good.

Restore Our Future Wiki Page

Midwestprincesse on January 12, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Romney is a swine.

Palin is warning him that what is coming is going to be a storm. That’s why Bain is important.

Because Romney represents the same out-of-touch Bourbons who foisted the Eight Years of Bushtardism on the GOP and broke the Reagan Coalition, now the Beltway wants the same Insane Clown Posse in charge again because it’s the only thing they know.

Romney is a greedhead and corrupt to the core. If HALF of what is in When Mitt Romney Came To Town is true, the Oppo people over at the Obama Campaign are dancing a jig.

And you Mittbots (that would be YOU, Buy Danish), are going to have some explaining to do when CREW and other Obama front groups use little old ladies and other injured parties to start filing lawsuits against Mittens and other Bain Partners in Federal Court in October, say, in the second week before the election. Just to drag Mitt into court and make sure the Department of Justice, run by Eric Holder mind you, gets to get the two words, “Grand Jury” and the other two words, “Mitt Romney” put into the same news story.

You Mitt Romney supporters are so effing stupid and shortsighted with the Alinskyite stuff that is coming at you from these war criminals that one remains amazed that you come here. Yet you continue to call Palin stupid.

Holder at Justice has probably been through ALL of Mitt’s overseas accounts, his white powder accounts, and whatever other black accounts he’s got. Mitt has LOTS of enemies. He’s shafted lots of people over the years, and there are a lot of folks out there who want to get even with him.

None of you Rombots get this.

And this clown won’t release his tax returns? Obama has already READ Mitt’s tax returns!

There IS no law under Barack Obama!

The Mittbots are the world’s biggest fools. Palin tried to tell you that tonight when she told you to come clean. But you’re too arrogant for your own good.

Karma will come back and bite Mitt in the butt. Big time.

victor82 on January 12, 2012 at 12:15 AM

astonerii on January 12, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Thanks for the nice post.

There is such a naivety among the Rombots as to how this kind of business works.

It is NOT something to brag about on a resume of somebody who is….

RUNNING FOR FRIGGIN PRESIDENT!!

KirknBurker on January 12, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Romney’s spokesperson, Kevin Madden, was on CNN tonight screaming down Steve Forbes that his candidate, whom he endorsed, is “anti-capitalist”. Steve just sat there with a grin on his face at the nerve these Romney psychopaths have in their charges.

Thou shall not question Mitten’s lackluster and unethical business record. :-)

Punchenko on January 12, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Palin is right: this is a healthy conversation to be having.

I hope it knocks off the “electability” and the “inevitabilty” aura around Mitt.

South Carolina! You don’t have to settle!

That’s been Perry’s message for weeks now.

Perry is the only true outsider in this race and the only one who has promised to take a “wrecking ball” to DC. He is also the only one (except for Crazy Uncle) who has promised to close down three departments. Newt, Santorum, and Mitt will not close down any, the most we can get them to say is “downsize”. Perry will eliminate them.

Go Perry!!

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on January 12, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Are you sure it wasn’t “In fidelity”?

whatcat on January 12, 2012 at 12:07 AM

That’s another book: “Hide your interns: when Newt Gingrich went to town”. Or “came” to town.

Igor R. on January 12, 2012 at 12:18 AM

From the Economic Policy Journal:

Super PAC called “Restore Our Future,” which can sop up unlimited amounts from a few hugely wealthy donors without even disclosing their names. That’s because “Restore Our Future” is officially independent of the Romney campaign — although its chief fundraiser comes out of Romney’s finance team, its key political strategist was political director of Romney’s 2008 presidential campaign, its treasurer is Romney’s former chief counsel, and its media whiz had been part of Romney’s media team.

Oh, I’d say that Romney has VERY close ties to his Super PAC.

KickandSwimMom on January 11, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Link please. I know nothing about the “journal” you refer to is, but the writing is like something Media Matters or Gawker would produce. PACS don’t require names to be disclosed, and it’s normal for PACS to be started by people who know the candidate and want to support his efforts, but this makes it sound like it’s some dastardly plot hatched by a cabal.

Buy Danish on January 12, 2012 at 12:19 AM

JPeterman on January 12, 2012 at 12:13 AM

What are the titles?

Bmore on January 12, 2012 at 12:19 AM

r keller on January 11, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Actually, as many times as you can take the profits from the company and buy another one to use their reputation to get the loans. You also make a couple long term investments, like Dominoes and Staples, so you have credibility, and that other thing that made me hundreds of millions in almost no time before it went bankrupt in record time was an anomaly. Besides, there are hundreds of thousands of potential investors to hit up, and Bain was cozy with all the right big wall street companies to get those names.

astonerii on January 12, 2012 at 12:19 AM

victor82 on January 12, 2012 at 12:15 AM

+1000

KirknBurker on January 12, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Later folks, I really enjoyed my comments. It was great for you to read them.

Frobenius on January 12, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Sincerely a big thank you for your humor. It’s been a weird day.

Schadenfreude on January 12, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Horace on January 12, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Ol’ Rick will make them an offer he will forget.

Igor R. on January 12, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Midwestprincesse on January 12, 2012 at 12:13 AM

If its true that Superpac should not coordinate with the campaigns and it comes out during the general campaign that Mitt did, he and we are totally doomed. Believe, the democrats and MSM will draw it out.

promachus on January 12, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Was it “vulture capitalism” when the makers of Gardasil dumped a few thou into Perry’s stashbox?

Horace on January 11, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Hahahahahahahahahahahah!
nooooooooo!

KOOLAID2 on January 12, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Thou shall not question Mitten’s lackluster and unethical business record. :-)

Punchenko on January 12, 2012 at 12:16 AM

That’s hysterical!

Forbes

of all people is now being accused of hating capitalism… *bellylaugh*! Just like those of us here who have attacked BAIN specifically have been accused of being the OWS. No, we’re Americans who want moral, ethical, and honest capitalism.

China has capitalism, too, and it has led to some horrible incidences. We are better than China. We need to stay accountable.

Corzine and Soros are “capitalists”, too. Should we defend them as well?

Aslans Girl on January 12, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Romney/Corzine 2012

kenny on January 12, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Buy Danish on January 12, 2012 at 12:07 AM

So your inference wasn’t drawn from logic, but rather from bad faith.

Good Solid B-Plus on January 12, 2012 at 12:22 AM

WHERE?
:-)

KirknBurker on January 12, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Hopefully in the whitehouse in 2017.
Here is a recall ad he put out, if he wins it, he’ll be a favorite.

Flapjackmaka on January 12, 2012 at 12:22 AM

I am in heaven.
JPeterman on January 11, 2012 at 11:55 PM

29Victor on January 12, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Meh. Dead tree reading is the best, you don’t have to constantly shell out megabucks when they become replaced with V.whatever, no worry about batteries and being at the mercy of Amazon in general.

whatcat on January 12, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Aslans Girl on January 12, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Ack! Forbes was supposed to be emphasized, not blockquoted.

Aslans Girl on January 12, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Horace on January 11, 2012 at 11:50 PM

It was vulvur capitalism.

Igor R. on January 12, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Romney/Corzine 2012

kenny on January 12, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Newt/Fidel 2012

Igor R. on January 12, 2012 at 12:25 AM

What are the titles?

Bmore on January 12, 2012 at 12:19 AM

The Battle of Athens

Google up “The Battle of Athens Tennessee”, there is a wiki page for it. What a great true American story and I’m not willing to pay the big bucks.

JPeterman on January 12, 2012 at 12:25 AM

China has capitalism, too
Aslans Girl on January 12, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Oy.

whatcat on January 12, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Sincerely a big thank you for your humor. It’s been a weird day.

Schadenfreude on January 12, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Yes it has been weird.

Did you see the Dog thread? Like a food fight in elementary school. Its was the battle of the Racist Rock vs the Dog Terrorist. And the interlocutors were serious too. Life is a parody.

Frobenius on January 12, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Buy Danish on January 12, 2012 at 12:07 AM

I wrote “War and Peace”.

Igor R. on January 12, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Horace on January 11, 2012 at 11:50 PM

It was vulvur capitalism.
Igor R. on January 12, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Actually a bit more than a few thou involved in that nasty mess of crony capitalism:
Maybe Rick Perry can’t be bought for $5,000, but Merck gave much more

whatcat on January 12, 2012 at 12:28 AM

I always knew that Sarah Palin was a phony and incredibly stupid. This is just further proof.

She is backing the marxist lines of Rick Perry….and she says that it isnt “negative campaignin”.

She is dishonest, a phony, and real stupid.

She is just jealous over the Romney family…you can tell.

Nobody in her family, including herself, has gotten married without already being pregnant. What else do you need to know? I thought she was Christian. Just like Perry…

Jailbreak on January 12, 2012 at 12:29 AM

JPeterman on January 12, 2012 at 12:25 AM

I know this crazy old lady, she is like the worlds biggest book freak, I’ll run it by her and see. Maybe you’ll luck up.

Bmore on January 12, 2012 at 12:31 AM

whatcat on January 12, 2012 at 12:25 AM

They’ve had it for 30+ years and it has led to poisoned baby formula, poisoned pet food, and lead on our childrens’ toys:

Jesus in China

Christianity is thriving in part because it offers a moral framework to citizens adrift in an age of Wild West capitalism that has not only exacted a heavy toll in corruption and pollution but also harmed the global image of products “Made in China.”

and form page three of the article:

Indeed, many of the church’s new adherents profess a common belief that 30 years of ungoverned capitalism, amid the fading of communist ideology, has opened a yawning spiritual gap.

A public debate in China over ethics in business has bloomed in recent years from an unlikely source: the same unsafe products that have bedeviled U.S. consumers. In the most infamous case, 13 Chinese babies died and 200 were sickened in 2004 when a manufacturer skimped on the ingredients in infant milk. The case became a symbol of an economy so out of control that people could no longer trust their countrymen to adhere to the most basic ethical standards.

Aslans Girl on January 12, 2012 at 12:31 AM

WHERE?
:-)

KirknBurker on January 12, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Hopefully in the whitehouse in 2017.
Here is a recall ad he put out, if he wins it, he’ll be a favorite.

Flapjackmaka on January 12, 2012 at 12:22 AM

He has …credibility. He has….the record. He has…the principles. He has….courage. He has….a spine. He has….Tea Party support.

He has NO….degree.

Sheryl: “Oh too bad we can’t vote for him.”

Walker/Palin 2016

To Romney: Hurry up and lose you wonderful capitalist you.

2016 will be here sooner than you think.

To Obama: Yes, you’ll get your second term, but have fun moping around that House with that wonderful supporting thoughtful wife of yours after we take the Senate, oh Hollow Man.

KirknBurker on January 12, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Maybe Rick Perry can’t be bought for $5,000, but Merck gave much more

whatcat on January 12, 2012 at 12:28 AM

He proudly served in National Gardasil.

Igor R. on January 12, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Perry is as dumb as they get.

Igor R. on January 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM

workingclass artist on January 12, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Please dont talk about the single digit candidates.

THANKS!!!

Single digit election results and poll numbers. Single digit Palinesque IQ’s. Is there a pattern here?

Jailbreak on January 12, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Did you see the Dog thread? Like a food fight in elementary school…

Frobenius on January 12, 2012 at 12:26 AM

I avoided it. The land is pivoting toward the abyss and the kiddies are insane, in most all quarters.

Thanks for the smiles. Night.

Schadenfreude on January 12, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Jailbreak on January 12, 2012 at 12:29 AM

This is the typical response from a Mittbott. Attack the messenger with irrelevant trash. And they think they are intelligent!

promachus on January 12, 2012 at 12:32 AM

She is dishonest, a phony, and real stupid.

She is just jealous over the Romney family…you can tell.

/S

Jailbreak on January 12, 2012 at 12:29 AM

FIFY

KirknBurker on January 12, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Just remember, Romney will bring this experience to the White House and the entire nation through federal activity.

Destruction is what creates prosperity.
Lost jobs brings efficiency.
Debt is something that needs to be loaded as heavily as possible onto any company that is going to thrive (long enough to be sold to some suckers).
Siphoning off massive amounts, as much as 60%, of those borrowed funds to your cronies is good business practices.
Having those in power to say what the prospects for future growth say what you want them to say so you can sell a bill of goods to others is fair business practice.
Using the power of government and legal loopholes to rend your liability due to contracts is an honorable way to improve your future growth.
Last but not least, leaving all the burdens of this massive debt and destroyed economic landscape to the last holders of the contract is how you build a better America.

The really sad thing about all this is that our Current president already has brought all of these things to America, and Romney thinks he can improve upon what Obama is doing, and people who claim to be Republicans and even conservatives are not just defending him, but doing it in such a way as to endanger our entire democracy! That is right, attacking Newt and Perry for running a campaign the way they chose is nothing less than a full on frontal asault on Democracy itself, and if you do not stop it, our entire way of life will cease to exist!

astonerii on January 12, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Jailbreak on January 12, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Tod wants to say hi

kenny on January 12, 2012 at 12:34 AM

victor82 on January 12, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo. Are you a Paultard? Yes, Obama is a corrupt, ruthless authoritarian. What should we do? Not bother running anyone and just hand him his second term?

P.S. Why are you saying Palin told me to come clean? I’ve been blamed by some here for her decision not to run but gosh I had no idea she was directly addressing me now.

Buy Danish on January 12, 2012 at 12:34 AM

We had birthers now we have Taxers….

Let’s face it…Palin is on Perry’s side and is anti-capitalist.

rubberneck on January 11, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Dude. Romney is anti-capitalist. Check out the other video of him taking capitalim and corporations to task.

KirknBurker on January 12, 2012 at 12:34 AM

He proudly served in National Gardasil.

Igor R. on January 12, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Be for whomever. Be funny. Be smart. Be stupid.

But never, never, never make fun of service, or use service to attempt to be funny.

Schadenfreude on January 12, 2012 at 12:34 AM

victor82 on January 12, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Small wonder the MSM has been clearing out anyone who got neat Romney. They know a storm is coming.

29Victor on January 12, 2012 at 12:34 AM

KirknBurker on January 12, 2012 at 12:31 AM

I like your posts but why not Palin at the top?

promachus on January 12, 2012 at 12:34 AM

If Sarah Palin were a male….

Jailbreak on January 12, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Please dont talk about the single digit candidates.

THANKS!!!

Jailbreak on January 12, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Actually Perry’s got a 10″ IQ, although that’s still a single digit.

Igor R. on January 12, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Buy Danish on January 12, 2012 at 12:34 AM

You don’t have to be a Paul supporter to see that Romney is a loser.

KirknBurker on January 12, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Bmore on January 12, 2012 at 12:31 AM

I heard the story from a really old lady that sat next to me on an airplane and she actually lived in Athens and knows the whole story. It sounded to incredible until I saw someone here at HA mention it a couple years ago.

Any help would be appreciated.

JPeterman on January 12, 2012 at 12:36 AM