Quotes of the day

posted at 10:40 pm on January 11, 2012 by Allahpundit

“‘I don’t want America to be a nation that’s primarily known for financial speculation,’ the president said during the event in the East Room. ‘I want us to be known for making and selling products all over the world stamped with three proud words: ‘Made in America.’

“To be sure, the president made no mention of Romney directly, but he has been critical of Wall Street before and the tenor of his remarks neatly complimented Vice President Biden’s assail on the former Massachusetts governor Tuesday, when he told New Hampshire Democrats via teleconference that Romney cares more about stockholders than employees.”

***

“Rick Santorum took a nameless swipe at Republicans who have been criticizing Mitt Romney’s time at Bain Capital.

“‘It’s this hostile rhetoric, which unfortunately – I don’t want to stand here and be a defender of Mitt Romney,’ Santorum said to a friendly crowd here tonight, ‘but unfortunately some in our party now, even some running for president will engage in with respect to capitalism. It is bad enough for Barack Obama to blame folks in business for causing problems in this country. Its one other thing for Republicans to join him.’”

***

“Jon Huntsman on Wednesday joined the chorus of Republicans urging Mitt Romney’s opponents to tone down their attacks on the former Massachusetts governor over his time at the investment firm Bain Capital.

“‘If you have creative destruction in capitalism, which has always been a part of capitalism, it becomes a little disingenuous to take on Bain Capital,’ Huntsman told reporters Wednesday after a campaign appearance at the University of South Carolina in Columbia. ‘I think it’s more instructive to look at governor Romney’s record as governor.’”

***

“We have heard a lot over the last couple months about the anti-Romney sentiment in the Republican party. However, this statistic suggests that, in New Hampshire at any rate, Romney is the only candidate with whom a majority of the party is satisfied. The rest of the candidates seem to have alienated more than half of the GOP.

“That is Romney’s biggest advantage, far and away.”

***

“‘He’s going to have to defend this,’ Perry said in an interview on ‘Fox and Friends’ on Wednesday morning. ‘And better in January than September if he’s going to be our nominee and have to explain.’”

Via Breitbart TV.

***

“‘I think their argument fell flat here in New Hampshire. They tried it very hard, ran ads here, were up and down the state campaigning, and people in the state here said, ‘look, we want a guy who spent some time in the private sector, not someone who spent their entire life in Washington.’ So I think it’s working for my benefit,’ the former Massachusetts governor said.”

***

“Perry began the segment attacking President Obama, but Hannity quickly shifted gears to the ‘very harsh words’ Perry has had for Romney. ‘It almost sounds like Occupy Wall Street,’ he noted, ‘it doesn’t sound like someone who is governing Texas as a conservative.’”

***

Click the image to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 7

Rick Perry sat on a Horse and years later that horse died.

Frobenius on January 11, 2012 at 11:15 PM

i really thought Mitts comment about newt/perry being witnesses for the prosecution was a great line

here’s the deal…Mitt may be worth 250M. No doubt his income is well north of 1M per year…10M, 25M, whatever.

First, he retired early…he could have been a billionaire. So why quite. His wife. His religion. Probably. Wanting something else.

Barry’s friends are worth way more than Mitt. Hell, Miley Cyrus is worth 40M….Alex Baldwin 60M…

r keller on January 11, 2012 at 11:16 PM

The Romneybots trash Palin because she is a threat to him. You Romneybots are a disgrace. We don’t have to settle for Mitt Romney. You Romneybot trash anyone that stands in your way.

CoolChange80 on January 11, 2012 at 11:17 PM

We had birthers now we have Taxers….

Let’s face it…Palin is on Perry’s side and is anti-capitalist.

rubberneck on January 11, 2012 at 11:12 PM

It’s full scale civil war. And apparently I’ve become an “anti-capitalist” like Perry and Palin.

ZGMF_Freedom on January 11, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Notice how Rush incorporated “economic liberty” a la Frank Luntz in his Perry tonguelashing. Start bringing in the Ron Paul supporters while the issue is hot. Rush is thinking which is more than we can say for the Kamikaze Konservatives.

msmveritas on January 11, 2012 at 11:17 PM

nistas still sensitive. I know the pain is bad but it will go away someday.

CW on January 11, 2012 at 11:14 PM

There’s no pain in understanding that an establishment GOP pick will go down in flames, deeper than McCain ever did.

No need to blame the ‘Nistas. :) That’s YOUR choosing dude.

Midwestprincesse on January 11, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Midwestprincesse on January 11, 2012 at 11:14 PM

You’re what my husband calls “adamantly stupid”. How many times do I have to say that my problem with Palin’s appearance on Hannity tonight was that she doesn’t know what she’s talking about? That her facts about what she “believes” Perry has been saying are all wrong?

Buy Danish on January 11, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Anyone watch the new 27 minute Romney movie?

It’s a horror story mixed with misery.

That will leave a mark on Romney.

portlandon on January 11, 2012 at 10:55 PM

I think it’s very powerful.

stenwin77 on January 11, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Listen to the Cuda. This is not rocket science. Mitt is going to have to defend his record.The time is now.

Southernblogger on January 11, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Dennis Miller is also native Pittsburgher. Sane. A patriot. Cancels Paul out.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 11, 2012 at 11:14 PM

But does it cancel out Miller’s love for Palin? He really digs her in general. He’s said so. :)

How are ya anyways?

Midwestprincesse on January 11, 2012 at 11:20 PM

While I support Perry, I’ve been critical of him and his team throughout this campaign on twitter. With that said, am I the only person who thinks he took it to Hannity and made him look extremely petty in that interview? Cue closing music because Sean Hannity just got tooled.

Hostile Gospel on January 11, 2012 at 11:20 PM

OrthodoxJew on January 11, 2012 at 11:11 PM

I contend that Romney is strong mainly because he is basically self-funded and has been running for president the longest. It certainly isn’t because of any great policy stances or accomplishments of his. Being successful in the private sector does not make one uniquely qualified for the presidency. I really resent the way the establishment is trying to hurry along this primary process and crown Romney. I believe it is because they know he is weak and they want to crown him before he is exposed or screws up.

As I’ve said here a million times, I supported Romney in 2008, but now I don’t know what I ever saw in him.

I’m pulling for the long-shot: Santorum. He is a class act IMO.

KickandSwimMom on January 11, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Do community organizers create jobs..? Crony Marxism..?

d1carter on January 11, 2012 at 11:21 PM

I think it’s very powerful.
stenwin77 on January 11, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Lemme guess. You like to ready trashy romance novels.

Buy Danish on January 11, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Right now two of the Republican candidates for President are attacking Mitt Romney for “vulture capitalism”. This would indicate to me that those two Republicans, at least, accept the Marxist line that owners of business exploit workers.

Carthoris on January 11, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Romneybots can’t take Mitt being criticized. Romney can lie and attack his opponents and even scheme against them but the minute he is criticized it is an assault on capitalism. Romneybots are pathetic losers and I ashamed to be in the same party with such scumbags. We need to revolt against these dirtbags that shill for Romney 70 to 75% of the people republicans don’t want Romney, deal with it.

CoolChange80 on January 11, 2012 at 11:22 PM

I think it’s very powerful.

stenwin77 on January 11, 2012 at 11:19 PM

It’s a terrible movie. Horrible pacing. Lop-sided arguments. But the charges it levies is serious and short clips of the people hurt by Romney will be devastating.

ZGMF_Freedom on January 11, 2012 at 11:22 PM

What else do you suggest Romney do? Make a 27 minute video?

Yes, cause then it’ll be Axelrod making the videos

Flapjackmaka on January 11, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Good Lord…

Hostile Gospel on January 11, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Oh my !!!!

Wonder what Rush and all his slobbering friends will say about that.

stenwin77 on January 11, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Sarah Palin is a drama queen, and is just flat out dumb…a pure moron. Rick Perry needs to go back to remedial classes. Dumbasses sticking together, what can be better.

Chudi on January 11, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Buy Danish on January 11, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Why in the world were you watching Hannity anyways? HAHAHAHA

Should I really re-hash all of the things that Karl Roves “believes” will work in a campaign? As I said, if the tax shelter stuff is true about Mitt, wait for that go BOOM!

Palin doesn’t like Perry. Palin “knows” stuff about Romney. She is merely letting it trickle out. That’s been obvious for a long time.

Midwestprincesse on January 11, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Romney just hates people who don’t make as much money as him..

He was never a middle class so he doesn’t understand the day to day struggle of Americans

liberal4life on January 11, 2012 at 8:43 PM

^^^^^^^^^

HERE! Let me beat Liberal4life to his own post, that he usually likes to put, on every thread! (unless he did it already).
Your Welcome!

KOOLAID2 on January 11, 2012 at 11:23 PM

KickandSwimMom on January 11, 2012 at 11:20 PM

He’s self-funded? Really? How much has he contributed to his campaign this cycle? How much has he raised?

Buy Danish on January 11, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Hotair has thrown in with Romney.

CoolChange80 on January 11, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Jailbreak on January 11, 2012 at 10:52 PM

She’s right.

It it better that Romney gets this behind him and prepares for when the Dems/Media attack him on this. And they will.

She is also correct that it is OK to ask Romney to prove where and when the jobs were created. The data is probably available.

It’s about credibility.

If the jobs were created outside the USA, then creating 100,000 jobs didn’t really help US citizens.

He needs to come clean of this and have a ready plan to use to block and counter these accusations that will drive the narative during the general campaign.

The video clips of his past are VERY damning.

KirknBurker on January 11, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Hostile Gospel on January 11, 2012 at 11:20 PM

No, you’re not the only one.

ZGMF_Freedom on January 11, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Anyone watch the new 27 minute Romney movie?

It’s a horror story mixed with misery.

That will leave a mark on Romney.

portlandon on January 11, 2012 at 10:55 PM

I think it’s very powerful.

stenwin77 on January 11, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Its a story of pure unadulterated greed, the kind that makes men crave more power, fire people on Christmas eve and strap dogs to car woofs.

Frobenius on January 11, 2012 at 11:24 PM

OrthodoxJew on January 11, 2012 at 11:11 PM

I’m impressed that Santorum has remained sane on the Romney issue. But I have doubts about him in the General. The gays would be in total revolt…Obama would get vast sums of money from the social libs. The pro-choice, etc.

I know that that’s a given…but the frenzy would be turned up to the max.

r keller on January 11, 2012 at 11:25 PM

The Obama administration is probably a little miffed that their trap to completely throttle Romney about Bain after he won the nomination was sprung early. They had planted the OWS seeds, and had big Unions ready to roll when told. I guess its better Romney face the music now, and answer to the Republican party first.

So far, Romney’s response to the Bain attacks are pitiful. He needs to have his excuses ready.

portlandon on January 11, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Hostile Gospel on January 11, 2012 at 11:20 PM

I was a Perry supporter until a few days ago when he decided to play the class warfare, Occupy Wall Street stuff.

And I am not a big fan of Hannity, but I thought he kicked Ricks butt last night.

JPeterman on January 11, 2012 at 11:25 PM

I’m pulling for the long-shot: Santorum. He is a class act IMO.

KickandSwimMom on January 11, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Yups, you go Santorum, the only candidate that didn’t sell out his core principles in this Campaign,

But if not Santorum i have no plan to vote for Perry or Gingrich, they have proven that when you are in government long enough your brain actually gets crippled

OrthodoxJew on January 11, 2012 at 11:26 PM

I’m pulling for the long-shot: Santorum. He is a class act IMO.

KickandSwimMom on January 11, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Romney looks plastic. He looks like a CEO that couldn’t be bothered to stick his hands in the mud. And I’ve worked for top notch organizations where it’s an “all hands on deck” approach and I don’t get that from Romney.

I also dig Santorum in general and think he’s run as good of a campaign as he could.

Romney was always going to be the nominee because there was NEVER a viable conservative option. None of the candidates were credible from the get go.

Midwestprincesse on January 11, 2012 at 11:26 PM

PappyD61 on January 11, 2012 at 10:46 PM,

You are clueless.

CoolChange80 on January 11, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Carthoris on January 11, 2012 at 11:22 PM

You’re telling me no employer in the US has attempted to exploit their workers? Marxists may believe that all employers seek to exploit workers, but if you honestly believe every business owner out there is a saint, you’re either incredibly naive or have never worked in the real world.

Hostile Gospel on January 11, 2012 at 11:26 PM

I love Nordic women.

antisense on January 11, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Chudi on January 11, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Well well well!… We are all in stitches to know… who you hang with!

KOOLAID2 on January 11, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Carthoris on January 11, 2012 at 11:22 PM

For your information the word “Capitalism” comes from the Communist manifesto, Can you say Free Interprise ?

idesign on January 11, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Buy Danish on January 11, 2012 at 11:23 PM

You can bet plenty behind the scenes since 2008. Didn’t he lend his own pac millions of dollars at one point? I thought that his pac received the money and it was traced to him. Believe me, his political contributions to others alone were calculated so he could get the biggest bang for his buck when he called in the political endorsement.

KickandSwimMom on January 11, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Lemme guess. You like to ready trashy romance novels.

Buy Danish on January 11, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Who doesn’t? :)

I also own a copy of War and Peace. Oooooooh.

Midwestprincesse on January 11, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Chudi on January 11, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Can’t focus on the issue at hand: Mitt’s credibility.

He’s going to lose. Prepare for it.

KirknBurker on January 11, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Breaking News!

The Executive Committee of the Communist International has just nominated both Newt Gingrich and Rick Perry to receive their coveted Lenin Award.

Carthoris on January 11, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Carthoris on January 11, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Gingrich and Perry to boycott Staples next?

They’re unfair to Mom and Pop hand-copying services.

profitsbeard on January 11, 2012 at 11:29 PM

r keller on January 11, 2012 at 11:16 PM

That’s not the issue.

You are not understanding WHY this is important.

Because the Left is going to hammer him on this, absolutely hammer him in the general election.

KirknBurker on January 11, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Mr. Chudi: You don’t exactly come across like a brain surgeon yourself.

celtic warrior on January 11, 2012 at 11:30 PM

portlandon on January 11, 2012 at 11:25 PM

I’m not sure about that. Obama and his team are thrilled with this. Chaos is good.

The Rs have managed to implode…just what barry wants. The next step is for Trump to run. Obama barely has to campaign…a Rose Garden strategy

r keller on January 11, 2012 at 11:30 PM

I also own a copy of War and Peace. Oooooooh.

Midwestprincesse on January 11, 2012 at 11:28 PM

While I enjoy Tolstoy, skip over to Dostoyevsky! The Brothers Karamazov is probably my favorite book in that era of Russian literature.

Hostile Gospel on January 11, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Why in the world were you watching Hannity anyways? HAHAHAHA

Should I really re-hash all of the things that Karl

Midwestprincesse on January 11, 2012 at 11:23 PM

You are an insufferable jackass. Let me count the ways:

1. There’s nothing funny about watching Hannity.
2. It’s none of your fracking business why I was watching Hannity.
3. It’s “anyway” not “anyways”. Pet peeve of mine..
4. Providing opinions and predictions (which Rove does when he says he “believes” something will happen) is not the same thing as misrepresenting what someone said, which is what Palin did when talking about Perry.
5. I don’t care what you think Palin thinks about Perry.
6. Your theory that she “knows” stuff about Romney is asinine.

Buy Danish on January 11, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Frobenius on January 11, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Hahaha!

Midwestprincesse on January 11, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Midwestprincesse on January 11, 2012 at 11:26 PM

I agree. There is no conservative alternative running that has a strong record and the trust with the voter.

We have several who are not running but may run in 2016.

KirknBurker on January 11, 2012 at 11:32 PM

We have several who are not running but may run in 2016.

KirknBurker on January 11, 2012 at 11:32 PM

By that time, those conservative stalwarts will have put together a legislative record making them, well, not so conservative anymore. Just the way the world works. :-/

Hostile Gospel on January 11, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Gingrich and Perry to boycott Staples next?

profitsbeard on January 11, 2012 at 11:29 PM

This is just the beginning. Soon now Gingrich and Perry will have OWS encampments surrounding all of America’s Capitalist Pig Companies and together will stop them from exploiting any more of the workers.

Carthoris on January 11, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Hostile Gospel on January 11, 2012 at 11:30 PM

I used to read all of the time. I really need to pick up that habit again. Six years of school got in the way, plus coming home dead tired from work. I’d like to do a ton of “fun” reading before I head off to law school in the Fall.

Any suggestions that aren’t purely Russian literature? I’m a big proponent of libraries and refuse to get a handheld electronic device. I like the feeling of a solid book in my hands.

Midwestprincesse on January 11, 2012 at 11:34 PM

So, any defense of Bain from Mitt? I mean defense and the reason for Bain not the “anti capitalist stuff”. I’m only voting down ticket but Romney people should be ahead of the curve here.

Flapjackmaka on January 11, 2012 at 11:34 PM

KirknBurker on January 11, 2012 at 11:29 PM

That was just a comment, not a strategy. The left/press will go every day and twice on Sunday against Romney (btw, how much did Katie C. make)

The plutocracy is largely left…which is why I say this is bourgeoisie socialism (cf. Marx)

r keller on January 11, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Gingrich and Perry to boycott Staples next?

They’re unfair to Mom and Pop hand-copying services.

profitsbeard on January 11, 2012 at 11:29 PM

No, Romney is not a “vulture capitalist” because he made people lose jobs. He is not a capitalist because Bain engaged in deceitful and unethical behaviors.

ZGMF_Freedom on January 11, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Making money as a corporate raider is on par with making money as a lobbyist or reality TV star. Yes, it’s all capitalism. No, it doesn’t make you a good president. (It also doesn’t make you a bad president.)

alwaysfiredup on January 11, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Gingrich asked for a clean fight & Romney started slinging the mud. He’s run unfair attack ads against his opponents in this race and the last. Now someone is running them against him. Boo-freekin-hoo.

29Victor on January 11, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Romney 2003: These traditional Republicans sure are soft on corporations

If Mitt Romney can’t stand up to the vetting by those in his own party, he has no business running as the Democrats sure will dig up the dirt and the media will HELP. I say he gets the same sort of vetting Sarah Palin got, even while a private citizen and not running for any office.

For that matter – I’m sure there are still those in the media hungry for “dirt on her” at any cost regardless of if she’s seeking office or not.

Sharr on January 11, 2012 at 11:36 PM

You are an insufferable jackass.

Buy Danish on January 11, 2012 at 11:30 PM

You’re what my husband calls “adamantly stupid”.

Buy Danish on January 11, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Your ability to bring others to your side is broken.

portlandon on January 11, 2012 at 11:37 PM

I’m just waiting for someone to ask Romney where Indians came from.

29Victor on January 11, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Paul-Cincy on January 11, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Texas beat China in adding more manufacturing jobs 2004 -2008

workingclass artist on January 11, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Corporate raiding: Take a struggling but still profitable business, load it up with debt, pay yourselves lots of money, default on the loan and force it into bankruptcy.

This is not a necessary component of capitalism.

alwaysfiredup on January 11, 2012 at 11:37 PM

So let’s take the argument that what Bain did was good. I have no opinion on the matter in general. That’s not my overall issue.

Why didn’t Bain (or did they and it hasn’t surfaced) a clause in their agreements with these various companies that in order to receive X monies, they would need to create 50% of their new jobs in the US? Why isn’t there a contractual obligation? Is this not industry practice for companies like Bain? I’m sincerely asking a legit question.

I’m trying to view this from a contracts mindset versus financial. Say that it is sound financial policy that is being used, why wouldn’t there be a clause built into an agreement?

Midwestprincesse on January 11, 2012 at 11:38 PM

KickandSwimMom on January 11, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Sources please. As for his political contributions to others, that is completely irrelevant to the specific point I raised.

I also own a copy of War and Peace. Oooooooh.
Midwestprincesse on January 11, 2012 at 11:28 PM

You say you “own a copy” which I infer means you haven’t actually read it. Which could explain why you put Tolstoy in the “trashy romance novel” category.

Buy Danish on January 11, 2012 at 11:38 PM

alwaysfiredup on January 11, 2012 at 11:35 PM

There’s nothing wrong with being a corporate raider as long as you don’t deceive others. The criticism of Bain is centered around its unethical practices.

ZGMF_Freedom on January 11, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Perry is a despicable piece of sh1t. If nanny-state government is his answer to the seeming casualties of capitalism, then he’s just as pathetic as Obama and Pelosi.

Jaibones on January 11, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Sharr on January 11, 2012 at 11:36 PM

I’m sure the MSM already has the dirt, they’re just waiting for him to get the nomination before they attack. See: John McCain

29Victor on January 11, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Flapjackmaka on January 11, 2012 at 11:34 PM

So far what Mitt said what he did at Bain was the same as what Obama did with GM & Chrysler..yeah I think that’s it.

Mitt said it this morning.

workingclass artist on January 11, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Midwestprincesse on January 11, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Ahh law school, you will never have two classes more boring than Contracts and Civ Pro. Seriously, by the end of the year, you’ll curse the day you first heard of the UCC or the Erie Case hahaha.

I just finished reading The Prophets by Abraham Heschel. Not sure if that’s your cup of tea, unless you know, reading about Amos from the Old Testament gets you all riled up.

After finishing the Hunger Games, I might have to dive back into my childhood and read Ender’s Game all over again.

Hostile Gospel on January 11, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Buy Danish on January 11, 2012 at 11:38 PM

I infer “own a copy” means she didn’t take it out from the library.

When someone tells you they own something, do you usually infer that they’ve never used it?

Random Person: “Yeah, I own a Bentley.”

Buy Danish: “Hmm…I wonder why he’s never driven it…”

Good Solid B-Plus on January 11, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Such a great picture of Mitt (at his most Don Draper handsome!) on the home page, thanks AP.

sheryl on January 11, 2012 at 11:41 PM

This whole argument that Gingrich & Perry are attacking capitalism is ridiculous. They are simply pointing out Romney’s supposed “Private sector experience” record that he touts as the biggest reason he is the best candidate for the Presidency.

The byproduct of Romney’s Private sector experience is he earned money for he and his investors. And the byproduct of that was people lost their jobs, and smaller businesses were swallowed up by big corporations.

There is nothing wrong with it, but to pretend that this didn’t happen is stupid.

portlandon on January 11, 2012 at 11:41 PM

I also own a copy of War and Peace. Oooooooh.

Midwestprincesse on January 11, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Hostile Gospel on January 11, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Well, as we say in Texas, “Dobre Vyechera.”

TXUS on January 11, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Obama has lost millions of jobs since becoming POTUS.

Luckily not one of them was “fired“.

Just “let go“.

As the Arab world has been “let go“.

And the Taliban will be “let go“.

Barack “I’m a good millionare!” Obama.

profitsbeard on January 11, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Chudi on January 11, 2012 at 11:23 PM

This one is so precious! LMFAO! Implode mittbot!

tom daschle concerned on January 11, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Intrade: Newt Gingrich at 4.4% and Rick Perry at 0.9%.

I guess their communist message has not yet taken hold with the oppressed workers yet. Clearly they both must redouble their efforts to save the nation and it’s workers from capitalism. Workers of the World Unite! Long live the Communist International! Long live Gingrich! Long live Perry! Long live OWS!

Carthoris on January 11, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Perry Romney is a despicable piece of sh1t. If nanny-state government Corporate Bailouts is his answer to the seeming casualties of capitalism, then he’s just as pathetic as Obama and Pelosi.

Jaibones on January 11, 2012 at 11:39 PM

fify

workingclass artist on January 11, 2012 at 11:42 PM

lynncgb on January 11, 2012 at 11:14 PM

I have a ? for you. Have we met? Or are you just one of those folks with an uncanny ability to remember stuff folks post here? As far as I know I only have one friend from the outside world here.

Bmore on January 11, 2012 at 11:43 PM

sheryl on January 11, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Ole Mitt really scratches that itch for you, doesn’t he?

You’re as bad as the Obamabots who saw him with his shirt off in ’08.

portlandon on January 11, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Dennis Miller, a mediocre, at best, Saturday Night Live has-been and a skit entertainer on Bill O’Blowhard’s show is now a voice to be listened to? HaHaHaHaHaHa!

As to Sheriff Perry and his “vulture capitalism” nonsense – How about Rick and his “vulture eminent domain” plan to take thousands and thousands of acres of Texas land, and the homes and ranch houses on them, to build a Trans-Texas Corridor, a super highway for illegals?

Of course, I guess they need a good roadway to get to that in-state tuition hand-out for illegals that Perry, the former GOP Presidential primary candidate, is so proud of.

Not that I’m “heartless” or anything.

Horace on January 11, 2012 at 11:45 PM

I also own a copy of War and Peace. Oooooooh.
Midwestprincesse on January 11, 2012 at 11:28 PM

You say you “own a copy” which I infer means you haven’t actually read it.

Buy Danish on January 11, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Oh noes!

Axe on January 11, 2012 at 11:45 PM

sheryl on January 11, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Make me vomit. Are you the MittBot that was getting all hot and bother in your private area because Mitt speaks French?

If not please ignore my insult and have a nice day.

Frobenius on January 11, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Oh yeah. That defense sucked and I imagine that is all we’ll get out of his campaign for a while. It’s like he is calling the bailout capitalistic

Someone here mentioned tax shelters? Could that be the reason Romney is not releasing his taxes? Well he should release them now. He’ll be killed if he doesnt and may be killed if he does but he’ll mitigate the damage and dry it out at least

Flapjackmaka on January 11, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Carthoris on January 11, 2012 at 11:33 PM

So is Romney going to campaign in Gaffney or Georgetown SC?

workingclass artist on January 11, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Together Gingrich, Perry, Obama and OWS will bury Mitt Romney and his decedent western capitalism.

Carthoris on January 11, 2012 at 11:47 PM

sheryl on January 11, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Yeah, he looks like a washed up gigolo for those yearning to have sex with their daddy. Just perfect.

promachus on January 11, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Hostile Gospel on January 11, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Start a new trilogy. You will like it if you liked Hunger Games

Divergent

JPeterman on January 11, 2012 at 11:48 PM

portlandon on January 11, 2012 at 11:41 PM

blah, blah, blah……I have a job because of private equity/venture capitalist gave our company money.

Our start up medical device company just received series C funding last year and because of that we were able to add 12 more jobs to company.

Newt.Palin.Perry’s ignorance of this business sector of free enterprise shouldn’t fall on Mitt to explain away their lack of knowledge.

sheryl on January 11, 2012 at 11:48 PM

This is not a necessary component of capitalism.

alwaysfiredup on January 11, 2012 at 11:37 PM

ZGMF_Freedom on January 11, 2012 at 11:38 PM

the BS is getting thick around here.

1st. Take a struggling but still profitable business, load it up with debt, pay yourselves lots of money, default on the loan and force it into bankruptcy.

Now think….how many times would lenders be willing to lend you money if you shafted them and took their money????

2nd. ZGMF_Freedom on January 11, 2012 at 11:38 PM

You tried the same game last night and cited a Reuters article, which I surgically dissected. Summary: you take a journo at face value when the journo makes basic mistakes.

Sad, really.

r keller on January 11, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Midwestprincesse on January 11, 2012 at 11:34 PM

I understand your aversion to reading from an electronic device, but I got a Kindle Fire for Christmas and am reading more than I have in years. Once you get used to it, it’s pretty incredible. Plus, you can find hundreds of past-copyright books free in the Kindle marketplace. I’m rolling in Dickens, Kipling and Dumas and my wife is in Austen heaven.

29Victor on January 11, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Buy Danish on January 11, 2012 at 11:38 PM

You dun showed me.

You shurr our smart.

Midwestprincesse on January 11, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Start a new trilogy. You will like it if you liked Hunger Games

Divergent

JPeterman on January 11, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Thanks for the heads up!

Hostile Gospel on January 11, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Was it “vulture capitalism” when the makers of Gardasil dumped a few thou into Perry’s stashbox?

Horace on January 11, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Palin is right on what she said. Don’t be mad that Mitt isn’t prepared for these attacks.

Midwestprincesse on January 11, 2012 at 11:09 PM

It’s called transference. It’s Mitt who copied her “crnony capitalism” shtick and of course his bots will transfer that to her.

promachus on January 11, 2012 at 11:51 PM

sheryl on January 11, 2012 at 11:48 PM

You would be attracted to me. I kind of look like Mitt Romney. However I have conservative principles, and I don’t speak french so those would be a turn off for you.

portlandon on January 11, 2012 at 11:51 PM

She doesn’t know what she is talking about so it doesn’t surprise me that she would say stupid things on fox.

Why can’t she enjoy the money she hustled out of the conservative movement and let us pick our nominee for ourselves.

TimeTraveler on January 11, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Cant wait till this year is over. 2016 is going to be fun.
Does everyone like Scott Walker? Looking at his record and he is conservative on fiscal issues, guns, abortions. The big three for me. Though fiscal issues encompasses a lot. If he wins his recall, I think there should be a draft walker movement.

Flapjackmaka on January 11, 2012 at 11:53 PM

KickandSwimMom on January 11, 2012 at 11:27 PM

From the Economic Policy Journal:

Super PAC called “Restore Our Future,” which can sop up unlimited amounts from a few hugely wealthy donors without even disclosing their names. That’s because “Restore Our Future” is officially independent of the Romney campaign — although its chief fundraiser comes out of Romney’s finance team, its key political strategist was political director of Romney’s 2008 presidential campaign, its treasurer is Romney’s former chief counsel, and its media whiz had been part of Romney’s media team.

Oh, I’d say that Romney has VERY close ties to his Super PAC.

KickandSwimMom on January 11, 2012 at 11:53 PM