DNC Chair revives old meme: Tea Party still to blame for Tucson shooting

posted at 4:50 pm on January 11, 2012 by Tina Korbe

If you thought we’d made it safely through the anniversary of the tragedy in Tucson without a revival of the accusation that Tea Party rhetoric was somehow to blame for the mental instability of shooter Jared Loughner, think again. Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz couldn’t let this time of commemoration pass without suggesting to anyone who will listen to her that incivility has increased with the rise of the Tea Party — and that heated political rhetoric played at least some part in Rep. Gabby Giffords’ horrific ordeal. Joel Gehrke relates:

Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D-Fla., speaking in New Hampshire this morning, reminded her audience of the tragic Tucson shooting last year — and also insinuated that the Tea Party, which she said regards political opponents as “the enemy,” has enhanced divisiveness in Congress and had something to do with the shooting, at least indirectly.

“We need to make sure that we tone things down, particularly in light of the Tucson tragedy from a year ago, where my very good friend, Gabby Giffords — who is doing really well, by the way, — [was shot],” Wasserman Schultz, the Democratic National Committee chair said during a “Politics and Eggs” forum this morning. “The discourse in America, the discourse in Congress in particular . . . has really changed, I’ll tell you. I hesitate to place blame, but I have noticed it take a very precipitous turn towards edginess and lack of civility with the growth of the Tea Party movement.”

Having brought up the Giffords attack as a political cudgel, Wasserman Schultz doubled down on that attack. “You had town hall meetings that they tried to take over, and you saw some their conduct at those tea party meetings,” Wasserman Schultz said today. “When they come and disagree with you, you’re not just wrong, you’re the enemy.”

If Wasserman Schultz’ comments capture reality at all it is only insofar as the rise of the Tea Party has also — naturally — coincided with the rise of Tea Party opponents, whose rhetoric is frequently edgy and uncivil. Remember when …

• DWS herself said Republicans “literally” want to drag the country “back to Jim Crow days”?
  • Rep. Andre Carson said Tea Partiers want to see minorities “hanging on a tree”?
  • Rep. Maxine Waters said the Tea Party could go straight to hell?
  • Rep. Frederica Wilson called the Tea Party “the real enemy”?

Shall I go on? Debbie Downer is in serious denial about who is responsible for whatever rise in heated rhetoric has occurred since the Tea Party first appeared on the national stage. It’d be nice if the incivility would stop — but, at a bare minimum, the hypocrisy has to.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

“We actually have not required in this law that you carry health insurance.” – Debbie Wasserman Schultz

Democrats, you can contribute to Ms Wasserman-Schultz’s campaign at: http://www.dwsforcongress.com. For each $1,000 contribution, Debbie will autograph a copy of George Orwell’s “1984″ for you!

Resist We Much on January 11, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Has Boehner called Giffords yet? Didn’t think so.

KeninCT on January 11, 2012 at 5:33 PM

residentblue on January 11, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Get off the phone and drive! You do realize you’re more dangerous then that non class three firearm you spoke of don’t you.

Bmore on January 11, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Debbie is a “C” word.

moochy on January 11, 2012 at 5:35 PM

For some reason the black squirrels around my house routinely get punched to Earth by .22 bullets, it must be the Tea Bagger crazies.

Bishop on January 11, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Mother With a Gun
She and her baby are alive, and their would-be killer is dead, because she was armed.
By Rich Lowry

Instances of self-defense are the anecdotes that gun controllers never want to hear. The NRA keeps a running list of them on its website: attempted armed robberies, home invasions, and other attacks rebuffed every month by the would-be victims. Surely, Sarah McKinley’s assailants thought the young, slender, widowed mother was an easy mark. Her shotgun meant they were wrong. Who would have it any other way? Otherwise, the intruder has the knife and she has nothing except a cellphone and the wan hope that someone armed with a gun makes it to her in time.

I’ll see her pious BS and raise her a mom defending her kid from a Knife wielding thug.

Chip on January 11, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Lies like this is all Democrats have to run on. Talk about anything but Obama’s record.

BBReggie on January 11, 2012 at 5:38 PM

I don’t know why she gets so worked up over a little work place violence…

… Oh, wait!

Seven Percent Solution on January 11, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Good thing she has a Socialist; National Media on her side to cover for her.

Chip on January 11, 2012 at 5:41 PM

O/T: First lady totally pissed that’s she’s being labled an ‘angry black woman‘.

dont taze me bro on January 11, 2012 at 5:09 PM
____________________________________________________________

She had better call that eyebrow sculptor back to work on the “Angry Michelle Brows.”

Resist We Much on January 11, 2012 at 5:41 PM

I noticed no one applauded the instant she mentioned Tea Party. Not sure what happened after that… just COULD NOT listen to her anymore. God she’s an annoying, lying twit!

bernzright777 on January 11, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Politics can bring out raw emotions. Issues like Obamacare and such, can make people temporarily do bat crazy things. I know I heard talk radio guys encouraging people … As Glen Beck put it ” surround them”, show you are not scared.

Maybe it’s just me, I have guns but heh, I wont go to a town hall with over a dozen people carrying weapons when emotions are boiling over. Fact is most domestic terrorism are motivated by politics. Ofcourse a sane person probably won’t do this, but a borderline sane person could be motivated by inflammatory talk that comes out of some quarters of the tea party.

Maybe it’s just me, but I know the awesome power of guns and the finality that they can bring instantly forever.

residentblue on January 11, 2012 at 5:44 PM

She stayed away from this crap at the time, didn’t she? I seem to recall finding her somewhat less repugnant as she talked about Giffords’ progress. She kept it positive. Well, desperate times call for desperate measures.

Jim Treacher on January 11, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Since we’re on the subject of guns and self-defense denial zones, here one of my favs:

Make your own Gun Free Zone

Take a look.

Chip on January 11, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Has Boehner called Giffords yet? Didn’t think so.

KeninCT on January 11, 2012 at 5:33 PM

You’re having a rough day.

Mark Kelly, the husband of injured Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.) reportedly slammed House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) for not having visited his wife during her recovery – but Boehner’s office says the speaker has been in close contact with Giffords’ staff and met recently with Kelly.

“Considering that she was a member of Congress and he was the highest-ranking member, we thought he’d ask to visit Gabby or at least give a call to see how she was doing,” Kelly writes in a new book, “Gabby – A Story of Courage and Hope,” that he co-authored with Giffords, according to CNN. “Our only contact with him had been a simple get-well card he’d sent a few days after Gabby was injured.”

-snip-

In response, Boehner spokesman Michael Steel told POLITICO, “The Speaker and his staff have been in close contact with Rep. Giffords’ staff throughout this difficult ordeal, and the Speaker met with Mr. Kelly in recent weeks about an appropriate memorial for slain staffer Gabe Zimmerman in the Capitol.”

Gotta love the way you Democrats use a tragedy like this to sell your agenda.

F-

Del Dolemonte on January 11, 2012 at 5:48 PM

residentblue on January 11, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Oh good, you made the drive home okay did you?

Bmore on January 11, 2012 at 5:48 PM

residentblue on January 11, 2012 at 5:44 PM

is finality forever something like forever ever?

DanMan on January 11, 2012 at 5:49 PM

I hate to say this, but I have to agree with DWS on this.

Modern day technology, not available at the time of the shooting, clearly shows a Tea Party member behind the fence on the grassy knoll, and eyewitnesses place Sarah Palin in the Dal-Tex building at the time of the shooting.

Also, computerized photographs clearly show a Gadsden flag flying from one of the windows in the Texas School Book Depository.

Oh, and instead of pics of DWS on threads about her, could we just have pics from the kill floor of a Mexican hog butchering plant? Much easier on the eyes and won’t cause the kind of nightmares DWS does.

Horace on January 11, 2012 at 5:50 PM

The only thing uglier than democratic women is the venom they spew. DWS is a perfect example of both of these.

jrfromdallas on January 11, 2012 at 5:51 PM

D. Wasserman Schultz, the Feces-tongued devil

Oracleforhire on January 11, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Has Boehner called Giffords yet? Didn’t think so.

KeninCT on January 11, 2012 at 5:33 PM

BTW, how exactly was Boehner supposed to “call” her after she got shot? She was unable to talk. Meanwhile, her husband had absolutely no trouble blasting off into space while she was recuperating in the hospital.

ABC News’ John R. Parkinson reports:

Speaker of the House John Boehner today spoke out against the shooting of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and reiterated part of his written statement Saturday that “an attack on one who serves is an attack on all who serves.”

“Public service is a high honor, but these tragic events remind us that all of us in our roles in service to our fellow citizens comes with a risk,” Boehner, R-Ohio, said. “This inhuman act should not and will not deter us from our calling to represent our constituents and to fulfill our oaths of office. No act, no matter how heinous, must be allowed to stop us from our duty.”

Boehner spoke briefly from his district in West Chester, Ohio this morning, saying that “such acts of violence have no place in our society” and called on his colleagues in the House of Representatives and their staffs to pray for Giffords and the victims of Saturday’s shooting that left at least six dead.

“I ask that you on this Sabbath day that we keep Gabby and her staff in our thoughts and prayers,” Boehner said. “The thoughts and prayers of the House and the nation are with Congresswoman Giffords and her family. We’re also praying for the families of Judge Roll and all of those who were taken from us yesterday so senselessly.”

Del Dolemonte on January 11, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Unconstitutional legislation that will increase costs, decrease care, and otherwise impinge on individual liberty tend to do that.

Beck was saying that we surround them…meaning that the extremist commies in the Democrat party are outnumbered by us liberty loving citizens. It wasn’t a call to action.

Maybe it’s just me, I have guns but heh,

Airsoft and COD don’t count bro.

Tell that to the countless lefties that have committed such acts over the past decade, wrote plays and books about the death of Bush, and flew a plane into an IRS building You are speaking to the wrong crowd. If you are concerned about domestic terrorism, you best start pleading with your HuffPo crew. They are more likely to engage in violence to advance their Statism.

Like individual liberty , limited taxation, and small constitutionally-limited government? Certainly nothing that came out of the violent anarchists at OWS!

Sounds like something you think about alot…

residentblue on January 11, 2012 at 5:44 PM

You have a lot of growing up to do. You are raging against caracatures of the right, conservatives and the Tea Party. It would do you well to engage and learn about that which you ignorantly demonize.

tom daschle concerned on January 11, 2012 at 5:54 PM

residentblue on January 11, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Yeah? Well I know the awesome power of guns and the ability to preserve innocent lives.

mizflame98 on January 11, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Assault rifle machine gun.

Huh.

I guess it would have been just fine if he brought a semi-automatic assault rifle….

Oh, wait, he was legally carrying and so the police didn’t even confiscate his firearm.

Discourse? How about we start at the beginning of some of this discourse, and the Democrat perversion of the historical Tea Party name to teabagger.

Names? firearms? I have something even more powerful.

One Vote.

And I intend on using it.

Tenwheeler on January 11, 2012 at 5:55 PM

Gotta love the way you Democrats use a tragedy like this to sell your agenda.

F-

Del Dolemonte on January 11, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Exactly. Try and explain that to a liberal…I dunno which it is, dain bramage, denial…they won’t acknowledge the low level sleeze tactics of their own.

JetBoy on January 11, 2012 at 5:55 PM

Cunning Stunt!

400lb Gorilla on January 11, 2012 at 4:55 PM

It took me a couple seconds, but I finally got it.

I’ll be chuckling at that for a while. : )

listens2glenn on January 11, 2012 at 5:55 PM

Except that there was NO Tea Party in 2007 when Jared Loughner first became obsessed with Gabby Giffords nor is there any evidence whatsoever that he ever attended a Tea Party event or even listened to talk radio. In fact, according to his friends, he was very much a liberal in high school.

Resist We Much on January 11, 2012 at 5:56 PM

residentblue

We had the awesome power of guns in DaNang and we all sorta liked the “finality” they sometimes produced.

“You are a mental case.” – Ralph Kramden

Horace on January 11, 2012 at 5:57 PM

“As a long-time gun owner, I believe the right to keep and bear arms should not be dependent on the city in which you live. The provisions of the U.S. Constitution apply to all Americans, regardless of geography. As a gun owner, I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment. In February, I was proud to sign the Amicus Brief in District of Columbia v. Heller asking the Supreme Court to uphold the lower court ruling that overturned the long standing DC gun ban. We have a long tradition of gun ownership in the United States. … It is a tradition which every law-abiding citizen should be able to enjoy.”

- Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords

Resist We Much on January 11, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Here you go my boy blue.

tom daschle concerned on January 11, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Who is to blame for her stupidity, or is it congential?

St Gaudens on January 11, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Shall I go on?

Eh, why bother? Bolshevik scum, end of story.

Oh, and I love how the left’s answer to the tea party, being OWS (as opposed to DWS) apparently never happened.

bernverdnardo1 on January 11, 2012 at 6:01 PM

residentblue on January 11, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Blow it out your a$$. I mean, really. Give me one verifiable example. I have yet to hear any of the so called talk show hosts you mention, or anyone at a Tea Party rally advocate violence against anyone. Now your hero Bammy on the other hand, suggested you bring a gun to a fight. You are the one who is borderline sane.

chewmeister on January 11, 2012 at 6:02 PM

listens2glenn

Try “Cupid Stunt.”

Horace on January 11, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Del Dolemonte on January 11, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Apparently that was not enough. Perhaps what Kelly was looking was a public visit so the Dems could accuse the GOP of making the shooting political and/or whine because Boehner wouldn’t publically blame the TP/Palin for the shooting. Libs resent being denied their opportunity to play the victim card.

katiejane on January 11, 2012 at 6:02 PM

the Tea Party, which she said regards political opponents as “the enemy,”

But it’s OK for Latinos to ‘punish our enemies’…

affenhauer on January 11, 2012 at 6:04 PM

tom daschle concerned on January 11, 2012 at 5:54 PM

As always a very cogent comment. I don’t think this one wants to come out and play however. She/He is already maxed out multitasking from behind the wheel.

Bmore on January 11, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Has Boehner called Giffords yet? Didn’t think so.

KeninCT on January 11, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Have you, Ken? Why would he? Why would you? What the hell are you talking about?

Do you have something up your sleeve that’s more interesting than a lame attempt to somehow link Speaker Boehner to the crazy shit that took place in Tucson?

Humphrey on January 11, 2012 at 6:05 PM

What Tea Party?

/heh

Key West Reader on January 11, 2012 at 6:05 PM

residentblue wrote: but a borderline sane person could be motivated by inflammatory talk that comes out of some quarters of the tea party.

Please explain how Loughner’s obsession with Giffords, which began in 2007, and the fact that he never listened to or watched news and political programmes, Palin and the rest of the country, who are not liberal, are to blame.

Let’s assume that Loughner, whose obsession with Giffords began in 2007, somehow became lucid enough to attend a Tea Party, listen to talk radio, saw Palin’s PLAGIARISED map, and read Beck’s books. I imagine that you would want to blame everyone else. So, in that case:

Was Emma Goldman responsible for McKinley’s assassination?

Were The Beatles responsible for the Tate-Bianca murders?

Was JD Salinger responsible for John Lennon’s murder?

Was Jodie Foster responsible for Reagan’s near assassination?

Were the California Redwoods responsible for Squeaky Fromme’s attempted assassination of Gerald Ford?

Would Harry Mitchell had been responsible if JD Hayward had been assassinated?

Would the DLC & DCCC been responsible for the deaths of any Republicans, Conservatives or Libertarians in 2006 or 2008 since they used similar maps and language?

Would Markos Moulitsas have been responsible for the assassination of Sarah Palin or Gabrielle Giffords since he put both in crosshairs?

Or, would the guy, who hears voices, believes a new featherless bird with gray scales is sitting on his shoulders, and believes he can fly have been to blame considering he never listened to “hate radio and television”?

Resist We Much on January 11, 2012 at 6:05 PM

katiejane

Kelly’s idea of a “public visit” would be Sarah Palin crawling on her hands and knees to the front door begging for forgiveness.

Horace on January 11, 2012 at 6:06 PM

The time has come for interviewers to call out this kind of fema-goguery. One must be prepared to take them to task for all these comments immediately

jake49 on January 11, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Shark Tooth + ……………

Errr, there is nobody left, Deb. You’re on your own.

Key West Reader on January 11, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Stupid is as stupid does. Is the Schultz part of this moron a HE or SHE?

vietvet68 on January 11, 2012 at 6:07 PM

residentblue on January 11, 2012 at 5:44 PM

And yet, you, your Barack Obama, and your Debbie Wassermann-Schultz had zero problem with your Obama Party calling for the assassination and murder of Republicans.

Don Surber, take it away.

northdallasthirty on January 11, 2012 at 6:08 PM

Tucson Shooting Survivor: Giffords Makes Me Want To ‘Vomit’

WASHINGTON, D.C. (CBS Washington/AP) – A man whose wife died in the deadly Tucson shooting one year ago says Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and her husband makes him want to “vomit.”

the_nile on January 11, 2012 at 6:08 PM

Resist We Much

The answer to all of your questions is “Yes.” You can verify it by going to the DNC website.

Really like seeing your screen name on threads. Always gives me a great chuckle when I form a image of that mouth-breathing, race-baiting Sharpton making a complete jackass of himself saying this on national TV.

Horace on January 11, 2012 at 6:09 PM

I wonder how much Preparation H the poor girl goes through a week, what with Soros’/Obama’s hand shoved up her arse moving her lips to spew such drivel.

LizardLips on January 11, 2012 at 6:09 PM

jake49 on January 11, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Investigative journalists only interview people of interest. Hence, the few interviews with DWS are for entetrainment purposes only.

Sorry Deb, it is twat it is.

Key West Reader on January 11, 2012 at 6:09 PM

northdallasthirty

Never forget – Big Sis has warned us repeatedly that crazed Afghan and Iraq veterans are the biggest terrorist threat.

Modern day versions of them crazed Vietnam vets, I reckon.

Horace on January 11, 2012 at 6:12 PM

I thought I got rid of the last bottle/tube of Vitalis when me grampy died. I guess he willed it to DWS.

Sigh. That stuff smells funny.

Key West Reader on January 11, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Wow, she looks like that Argentinian fascist.

Blake on January 11, 2012 at 6:14 PM

ugh. This woman’s idiocy get more tiresome with every new rant.

Scrappy on January 11, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Shark tootherism.

Key West Reader on January 11, 2012 at 6:15 PM

This amuses me, and why would the tea party pretend, they been brandishing guns at rallies and speaking of violent overthrow of Obama. I remember a tea party but job bringing an assult riffle machine gun to Obama town hall, he was stopped outside but was allowed to brandish that weapon in public to the terror of all standby. NutJobs, I mean how many have been arrested for plotting to attack the president. Why pretend. It’s not like you did condem it if you saw it.

residentblue on January 11, 2012 at 5:07 PM

This clip fits.

Zooid on January 11, 2012 at 6:15 PM

This type of crap doesn’t even surprise me anymore from the Demorat party.

Roymunson on January 11, 2012 at 6:15 PM

listens2glenn

Try “Cupid Stunt.”

Horace on January 11, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Better yet! : )

listens2glenn on January 11, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Horace on January 11, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Thank you. I am part of that vast “white wing” conspiracy. LOL!

“But resist, we much… we must… and we will much… about… that… be committed.”

– Al Sharpton, 9 August 2011

:-)

Resist We Much on January 11, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Blabber Mouth Schultz IS DETESTABLE!

MCGIRV on January 11, 2012 at 6:18 PM

You know, as a public service I just have to get this out.

Debbie, please. I know you read this blog. Please do something with your hair. You tend to be articulate but you are abrasive; you really should do something with the DNC donations to buff yourself up a bit.

Girl, please.

Key West Reader on January 11, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Don’t look for anything intelligent to come out of Debbie’s mouth.

GarandFan on January 11, 2012 at 6:19 PM

I’d call her a C*NT, but that would be an inaccurate statement, as I find her to be lacking both the depth, and the warmth..

Ghostflames852 on January 11, 2012 at 6:24 PM

LizardLips on January 11, 2012 at 6:09 PM

I thought she used that as her hair care product.

mizflame98 on January 11, 2012 at 6:25 PM

residentblue on January 11, 2012 at 5:07 PM

How stupid are you, blueboy? There was NO “machine gun”; and you obviously have NO idea of what an ‘assault rifle’ is. (You might also try looking up the definition of “brandishing”.) And, the semi-automatic AR-15 was carried by a black man – which your msm tried to hide and even lie about. And it was carried in complete compliance with Arizona law.
And, NO TEA Party members have been arrested for plotting to attack the pResident. HOWEVER, an #OWS occupier WAS arrested for shooting at the white house (and hitting it).
You leftists really don’t know how to tell the truth, do you?

Solaratov on January 11, 2012 at 6:26 PM

This woman is one of many reasons why I will never vote for a Democrat. I even agree with the Dems on a few issues, the the classless, propagandistic, socialist attitude today’s Dems have has left me no choice but to vote for the other party. After watching the primary debates on one hand and this annoying, lying twit on the other hand, one can see that politics is a three-ring-circus, and she’s the resident clown. And to the idiot left-wingers who defend this woman’s hateful, hypocritical rhetoirc, and who we all know wormed their way in in the last open registration: Suck it.

NathanG on January 11, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Debbie Does Cuckoo’s Nest

Wade on January 11, 2012 at 6:29 PM

LizardLips on January 11, 2012 at 6:09 PM

None, she is a perfect ass—-

Wade on January 11, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Have Newt and Perry agreed with her yet?

Mr. Arkadin on January 11, 2012 at 6:31 PM

You know, as a public service I just have to get this out.

Girl, please.

Key West Reader on January 11, 2012 at 6:19 PM

My mother was 88 when she passed away two years ago. Right up to the end she was sharp and would have applied one of her favorite sayings to Ms. Debbie:

“She looks like she was sh0t at and missed and sh!t at and hit”.

Yoop on January 11, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Del Dolemonte on January 11, 2012 at 5:53 PM

katiejane on January 11, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Let’s face it, the Democrats cynically exploited her tragedy from the get-go.

It started literally minutes after the shooting with Paul Krugman.

Later, Head Democrat O’bama and his minions turned a Tucson “Memorial Service” into a Democrat Party Pep Rally.

And then last summer, the DNC cynically flew Giffords in to D.C. as nothing more than a Photo Op when the final debt deal was done.

But hey, they did the same to Wellstone…

Del Dolemonte on January 11, 2012 at 6:33 PM

But it wasn’t just one guy or one incident.

residentblue on January 11, 2012 at 5:23 PM

You’re a liar.

Solaratov on January 11, 2012 at 6:34 PM

“But resist, we much… we must… and we will much… about… that… be committed.”

– Al Sharpton, 9 August 2011

:-)

Resist We Much on January 11, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Ever notice how very Jeffersonian that is? Has Churchillian overtones, too. Words to inspire and live by!

Horace on January 11, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Will SOMEONE get a hold of that woman and force her a new hairdo, STAT! Good gawd, the wet brillo pad look has GOT to go!!!! Every time I see a picture of her, I feel like I have to wash out my eyes with soap!!

littlekittie on January 11, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Interesting comment at the link. I agree with the poster 100%, as I was a lifelong Democrat until the Party Left me in 1999.

These are not our parents’ Democrats, who for the most part were honorable, patriotic folks. Today’s so-called progressives do not like our country, our freedom to stand (or fall) on our own merits, our ability to make our own choices.

Del Dolemonte on January 11, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Debbie is a “C” word.

moochy on January 11, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Please.

Those are fun things. And debbie sure ain’t that.

Solaratov on January 11, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Romney hates the TP as much as DWS does.

angryed on January 11, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Horace on January 11, 2012 at 6:35 PM

LMAO!

Resist We Much on January 11, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Wow, she looks like that Argentinian fascist.

Blake on January 11, 2012 at 6:14 PM

I assume, and hope, you mean Evita Peron, not the current babe fascist, El Presidente Cristina Kirchner. Now THAT is one fascist I could goose-step for.

Horace on January 11, 2012 at 6:41 PM

She is getting hammered on Twitter.

From Reince Priebus to Michelle Malkin, and everyone in between.

Flora Duh on January 11, 2012 at 6:45 PM

It started literally minutes after the shooting with Paul Krugman.

And his ilk … Same people who couldn’t see a connection to Radical Islam at Ft. Hood …

“Radical what? Sorry, I can’t hear you … someone is yelling ‘allahu akbar’ in my ear!!

BRunner on January 11, 2012 at 6:47 PM

residentblue on January 11, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Maybe it’s just me – but I’m callin’ BS on that. From what you wrote before, you have NO knowledge of guns or of how to responsibly handle them.
The world is certainly a safer place if you do leave your “assault riffle (sic) machine gun” at home.

Solaratov on January 11, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Hard for me to imagine even HotAir giving this obvious syncophantic loser one shred of pub………..

How about we all treat ‘Debbie WHO’ just like the Patriot Guard treats UGs at military funerals?

IGNORE her ignint AYUSS

Katfish on January 11, 2012 at 6:53 PM

DWS, the gargoyle atop the DNC mansion, is the icon of it’s bitter politics of envy. [Very apt, Mitt]

petefrt on January 11, 2012 at 6:53 PM

And is DWS turning a blind eye regarding the violence that was REAL that we saw perpetrated by the OWS group?

karenhasfreedom on January 11, 2012 at 6:54 PM

The only thing I can admire Wasserman-Schultz for is her apparent ability to wear her brains on the outside of her head, cleverly disguised as “hair”.

RebeccaH on January 11, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Hey, didnt o`loser call us the enemy many times in the past? This girl is the absolute queen of bad, bad spinning democratic talking points. Kudos to her hairdresser for making it look like a poodle…

Squidly Diddley on January 11, 2012 at 6:54 PM

it’s

Ugh. Wrong!

Its.

petefrt on January 11, 2012 at 6:56 PM

the violent tea party.. you mean unlike the peaceful OWS group that she supports? how many violent acts and arrests have they been associated with? Rapes? Destruction of property? Robberies? My gawd…
One must wonder what people like her actually see when they look in the mirror at themselves… do people actually believe her?

kjvlv on January 11, 2012 at 6:59 PM

cleverly disguised as “hair”.

RebeccaH on January 11, 2012 at 6:54 PM

My favorite tag for DWS was Monica Crowley: “She of the angry perm.”

petefrt on January 11, 2012 at 6:59 PM

RebeccaH on January 11, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Spewed coffee all over the keyboard of my laptop, not good. :-)

Flora Duh on January 11, 2012 at 7:00 PM

I think she’s hot in a woody allen movie kind of way.

dress her up in garters like that sheep and have a threesome.

acyl72 on January 11, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Debbie Wasserman Schultz

Can’t
Understand
Normal
Thinking

nasty, ugly-minded wretch. Ugly inside and out. One of the few people on this planet who can make me feel hatred.

Harbingeing on January 11, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Debbie WAS-A-MAN Schultz is simply a liar.

Records show that Loughner was registered as an independent voter and voted in 2006 and 2008, but not in 2010.[22][23] Loughner is an atheist.[24][25]. Loughner had exhibited a longstanding dislike for Gabrielle Giffords, a Blue Dog Democrat, stating that women should not hold positions of power.[29][30] Loughner’s best friend, Zach Osler, said, “He did not watch TV; he disliked the news; he didn’t listen to political radio; he didn’t take sides; he wasn’t on the Left; he wasn’t on the Right.”

There is not one iota of anything that connects Loughner with the Tea Party or any of it’s rhetoric.

Walter L. Newton on January 11, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Sigh. That stuff smells funny.

Key West Reader on January 11, 2012 at 6:14 PM

I’m pretty sure she uses Wildroot Cream Oil.

Oldnuke on January 11, 2012 at 7:16 PM

she’s just plain nasty. and what’s up with that hair? good grief – can’t someone pull her aside and explain to her they have this stuff called SHAMPOO.

sbvft contributor on January 11, 2012 at 7:17 PM

OK, this woman is straight up vile and venomous. period. Except, she’s not looking to sell books but she’s the Chairperson of the freakin’ DNC. It’s be like if Ann Coulter was put in charge of the RNC.

Yakko77 on January 11, 2012 at 7:22 PM

It can’t be an act. Wasserman really must be that stupid.

TfromV on January 11, 2012 at 7:25 PM

She is a psycho.

therightwinger on January 11, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Oh gawd, that screencap looks like a crackwh@re giving a handj@b. Gross!!!

MTLassen on January 11, 2012 at 7:29 PM

DWS’s calumny is dangerous, and Reince Priebus should appear on the major networks demanding an apology. The victim card is dangerous to society. Remember that the Nazis claimed to the victim of the Jews. This is also an ideal opportunity to educate why the 99% rhetoric is so dangerous.

thuja on January 11, 2012 at 7:30 PM