Perry joins pile-on against Mitt over Bain Capital

posted at 12:30 pm on January 9, 2012 by Jazz Shaw

Newt may have started the trend of going after Mitt Romney for his work at Bain Capital, but it looks like Rick Perry is sensing an opportunity and hopping on the bandwagon. At a recent appearance he unleashed some quotes of his own, going after Mitt for being heartless enough to lay off workers.

Texas Gov. Rick Perry picked up the attacks on Mitt Romney this morning, trying to capitalize off the former Bain Capital executive’s comment that he once feared getting a pink slip.

“Now I have no doubt that Mitt Romney was worried about pink slips — whether he was going to have enough of them to hand out because his company Bain Capital with all the jobs that they killed, I’m sure he was worried that he’d run out of pink slips,” Perry told the crowd at Mama Penn’s restaurant.

Perry laid into Romney for heading a company which Perry alleged eliminated hundreds of South Carolina jobs.

“There is something inherently wrong when getting rich off failure and sticking it to someone else is how you do your business and I happen to think that’s indefensible,” said Perry. “If you’re a victim of Bain Capital’s downsizing, it’s the ultimate insult for Mitt Romney to come to South Carolina and tell you he feels your pain, because he caused it.”

Maybe it’s just me, but I really haven’t been able to get behind this line of attack since it first came up. I could see if this argument was taking place among Democrats trying to garner favor with the unions, but it seems like Mitt has a fairly simply response to this. We live in a free market system where there are winners and losers, and the government doesn’t get to pick which is which. In some cases, companies where Romney brought the ax down wound up turning around and flourishing. Others simply turned out not to be viable.

The Wall Street Journal has an analysis of all the companies Bain got involved with. It indicates a record which is admittedly hit and miss over a very long period of time, but did wind up producing an overall positive return on investment.

Newt and Perry might get some traction from pointing out that Bain charged these companies very large management fees for their services, which in some cases still resulted in the companies going under, but nobody forced them to hire Bain in the first place. All in all, it just sounds like something that could backfire on candidates looking to claim the mantle of fiscal responsibility.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6 7

Perry said there needs to be a secure border first & then America can have that conversation and the people will decide.

workingclass artist on January 9, 2012 at 2:54 PM

I’ve been listening to Perry a lot longer than you have.

He has also proposed during this campaign to allow illegals to have work permits which would give them resident status and allow them to stay here. Resident status allows for a pathway to citizenship. Just remember what you’re voting for.

Texas Gal on January 9, 2012 at 2:58 PM

In coming. I am sure the Branch Perridians will explode in hatred at anyone who points out the flaws of their candidate. Frobenius on January 9, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Hey ya know what…I have as good a sense of humor as anybody but alluding to Waco where a lot of people died is lowball…Reminds me of bad Dallas/JFK jokes.

try again

workingclass artist on January 9, 2012 at 2:58 PM

When will the Branch Perridians start stockpiling weapons into their exclusive compound in TX?

And will they have more ammo than Bishop?

Frobenius on January 9, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Frobenius on January 9, 2012 at 2:57 PM

You are too sweet, thanks but let’s see where this is going.

Cindy Munford on January 9, 2012 at 2:59 PM

How about you don’t edit what I post and you just stick to campaigning for Jesse Ventura or whatever it is you do up there.

tetriskid on January 9, 2012 at 2:55 PM

I guess there is one step lower than continually trying to change the subject from how much your candidate sucks, and inserting straw men into every post.

Accusing others of editing others posts. As if I had that kind of power to begin with. Hell, I’d love to have the power just to edit MY posts, sometimes.

God help us if this is where the Republican Party is at, in 2012.

MNHawk on January 9, 2012 at 3:00 PM

If you are explaining you are losing.

tetriskid on January 9, 2012 at 2:52 PM

This is Mitten’s Waterloo.

Bill C on January 9, 2012 at 3:01 PM

I’ve been listening to Perry a lot longer than you have.

Texas Gal on January 9, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Really…I voted for him in his first state wide race against Hightower in 1990.

workingclass artist on January 9, 2012 at 3:01 PM

That’s cool.

Mitt Romney has nice hair so the bailout was OK.

tetriskid on January 9, 2012 at 2:21 PM

And it was only $10M. What’s the big deal?

angryed on January 9, 2012 at 3:02 PM

I guess I’d feel ashamed of having to stick up for that kind of moronic Marxism, if it came from my candidate. I feel for you, Perry supporters.

MNHawk on January 9, 2012 at 2:53 PM

So the guy who introduced socialized medicine to the US is not a Marxist?

Bill C on January 9, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Okay, admittedly, Perry is a stuttering clusterfuck when it comes to attacking his fellow Republicans.

He should stick to the things he does well:

1. Protecting the Constitution, pushing a small government 10th amendment driven agenda, and talking about his remarkable successes as Gov of Texas.

2. Taking the fight to Obama.

3. Ummmm… Errrrrr…ummm…. Oooops.

bitsy on January 9, 2012 at 3:03 PM

And it was only $10M. What’s the big deal?

angryed on January 9, 2012 at 3:02 PM

jives nicely with his $10,000.00 bet

workingclass artist on January 9, 2012 at 3:04 PM

I’ll stop being indignant about Bain Capital when the lies stop.

blink on January 9, 2012 at 3:00 PM

We’ll stop talking about Bain when Mittens explains why he isn’t a crony capitalist. He either does it now or in the general.

Bill C on January 9, 2012 at 3:04 PM

I’ll stop being indignant about Bain Capital when the lies stop.

blink on January 9, 2012 at 3:00 PM

You can stop shrieking and the lies will stop.

tetriskid on January 9, 2012 at 3:05 PM

This is Mitten’s Waterloo.

Bill C on January 9, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Mitten’s Waterloo has long ago occurred. This is Perry’s Waterloo. You know it’s Perry’s Waterloo, or you’d just use Perry’s own words in defense of Perry.

None of you can. It’s over.

MNHawk on January 9, 2012 at 3:07 PM

Branch Perridians

Frobenius on January 9, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Oh, very clever. Keep calling us names. That will really convince people to vote for your guy.

bitsy on January 9, 2012 at 3:08 PM

None of you can. It’s over.

MNHawk on January 9, 2012 at 3:07 PM

Bachmann took the bluff and now she’s out.

nuff said

workingclass artist on January 9, 2012 at 3:10 PM

So the guy who introduced socialized medicine to the US is not a Marxist?

Bill C on January 9, 2012 at 3:03 PM

A. Straw Man
B. Unable to use Perry’s own words in defense of Perry

Not even a nice try with that one.

So as to help the rest of you Perry supporters in constructing your straw men, the last Republican I could remotely support, and it is weak, is Santorum.

MNHawk on January 9, 2012 at 3:10 PM

bitsy on January 9, 2012 at 3:08 PM

I’d vote for Buddy Roemer over Mittens cause he has a better record.

workingclass artist on January 9, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Bachmann took the bluff and now she’s out.

nuff said

workingclass artist on January 9, 2012 at 3:10 PM

A. Straw woman
B. Unable to use Perry’s own words in defense of Perry

Must suck to be a Perry supporter.

MNHawk on January 9, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Really…I voted for him in his first state wide race against Hightower in 1990.

workingclass artist on January 9, 2012 at 3:01 PM

I’m just going on what you said here:

I’m just goin on what he’s said. Which added to the records of each candidate is what I’ve tried to do with each.

Listen to what they say…read their policies…look at their records.

Which led me to my conclusion since you appear to not have an understanding about Perry’s record concerning our illegal problem prior to his campaign against Bill White for governor, which was not by any means anti-illegal, just anti-crime brought in by illegals but those looking for a ‘better life’ can stay.

The reaction to Perry’s ‘heartless’ comment during his first debate is a good indicator.

Just remember who you’re voting for. I’ve got no problems with taking the bad with the good in a candidate, but I detest those who claim they were duped after the fact.

Texas Gal on January 9, 2012 at 3:12 PM

MNHawk on January 9, 2012 at 3:10 PM

So you like Big Government…At least be open about it.

workingclass artist on January 9, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Cindy Munford on January 9, 2012 at 2:48 PM

I will be your campaign manager. But since I grew up in coastal NC I want to continue flood insurance there. How is that for Boss Hog thinking.

Referenece your earlier post regarding Newt as your choice and your disappointment. I was real excited when Perry entered the race. Even though I have been disappointed he still is my favorite. I agree with you on Romney. I probably know more about Newt than most so there are things about him that continue to bother me. (Not his personal life) I lived in his district here in GA for most of the time that he was in the House. I am not sure that Newt can carry GA in the primary. (Super Tuesday) I heard him speak at our state convention and he gave an impressive speech. Problem is I was surprised at some of the things he said relative to the Newt I have known.

Romney to me is that he is too starched and ironed. He is probably the most disciplined, unemotional candidate that we have had in a while. If he is the “man” then I hope he can continue that when he reaches the WH. On his personal life, I guess there is something to be said if the worst thing you can come with is hauling his dog on top of the car.

dhugh on January 9, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Texas Gal on January 9, 2012 at 3:12 PM

I’m a 4th generation native Texan not a naif & like many Texans a political junkie.

I don’t want a messiah, a daddy or an idol. I know pretty much what to expect from Perry and that’s why I support him. He’s got common sense.

workingclass artist on January 9, 2012 at 3:16 PM

So you like Big Government…At least be open about it.

workingclass artist on January 9, 2012 at 3:12 PM

A. Straw Man
B. Unable to use Perry’s own words in defense of Perry

I can do this all day. I’ve liked Jesse, Mittens, big government, I’m sure we’ll think of a few more. Yet you still can’t quote Perry’s own words in his defense.

Must suck to be a Perry supporter.

MNHawk on January 9, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Texas Gal on January 9, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Facepalm

Explain to the rest of the class how the GOP is going to win this election if they can’t split the Latino vote…which is the largest minority voting block…Perry can split that vote without pandering on shamnesty by focusing on jobs and border security.

Not a single Tejano will campaign for Romney (They will for Perry) & if you can’t see that you missed 2008 cause Mitt did the same bad strategy then cause he has a lousy record he can’t win on.

workingclass artist on January 9, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Have you ever seen this kind of enthusiasm and inspiration elicited by any other candidate but Perry?

Perry Woman video file.wmv

nancysabet on January 9, 2012 at 3:23 PM

workingclass artist on January 9, 2012 at 3:16 PM

I’m a 12th generation native American and I want America back! So on that we can agree?

Texas Gal on January 9, 2012 at 3:23 PM

MNHawk on January 9, 2012 at 3:17 PM

I don’t even know what you’re talking about but if You support Romneycare or Santorum you like Big Govt.

workingclass artist on January 9, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Just saw Perry on Fox spouting this nonsense. Capitalism generates wealth through increasing efficiency via creative destruction. If a business isn’t profitable, it is beneficial to liquidate it, because that capital can be used to invest in new, profitable ventures. This is how capitalism works, and it is far more efficient than employing people to do unproductive work. By Perry’s logic, Romney should have hired people to dig holes and fill them up again.

This is the kind of socialist nonsense I’d expect to see from the economic illiterates in the left and the media (pardon the redundancy). Seeing it from Republican presidential “frontrunners” such as Gingrich and Perry is truly disappointing.

netster007x on January 9, 2012 at 3:24 PM

workingclass artist on January 9, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Romneycare. We have a new straw man!

You go girl!

PS. You still can’t use Perry’s own words in defense of Perry. Must suck to be a Perry supporter.

MNHawk on January 9, 2012 at 3:27 PM

In the other instance, potentially predatory practices are curbed and maybe government beauracracy expands (that beauracracy employs people btw).

libfreeordie on January 9, 2012 at 1:21 PM

It annoys me when a government job is equated with a private sector job.

Government jobs are a DRAIN on taxpayer monies. Who pays their wage? WE DO! If they don’t produce a good that can be sold in order to pay their wage, and it’s not mandated by the Constitution, then it SHOULDN’T BE CREATED!

On the other hand, private sector jobs GENERATE monies to the government. Not only do WE not have to pay for their positions, but those new taxpayers will also buy things to stimulate the economy.

Zooid on January 9, 2012 at 3:27 PM

I love how Republicans love free markets until they see a free market capitalist at work. Anti-Bain is anti-capitalist and is a first level qualification to being a RINO.

aloysiusmiller on January 9, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Texas Gal on January 9, 2012 at 3:23 PM

You Bet!

workingclass artist on January 9, 2012 at 3:30 PM

I see where Perry said yesterday in Spartanburg, South Carolina that his campaign in South Carolina can be likened to the Battle of the Alamo.

I agree with Perry 100% of this – his campaign in South Carolina is going to be like the Alamo, but…uh….didn’t someone tell Perry how the story of the Alamo ends vis-a-vis the Texans? HaHaHaHaHaHaHa!

I also see where Perry, in the latest Quinnipac Poll, has “surged” to 5% from 4% in Florida. If that Iowa Bounce and the Surge continue, Perry could get anywhere from 6% to 7% of the vote in the Florida GOP Primary.

“My campaign in South Carolina is like the Alamo.” – Rick Perry

HaHaHaHaHaHa! Tell that to Davy Crockett and Jim Bowie, Rick!

Horace on January 9, 2012 at 3:31 PM

dhugh on January 9, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Not to worry, (since I live in Florida & Southeastern Virginia) the National Storm Drain will rid of us of all flooding. I was excited about Perry’s entry also and was probably too hard on him after the first debates. It would be nice if he could get a second look. Gov. Romney needs to show me that a successful business man is the way to go because as a governor and the father of Obamacare, he’s on shaky ground with me. I will vote for the nominee in November, that’s the best they will get from me.

Cindy Munford on January 9, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Facepalm

workingclass artist on January 9, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Perry can not split the Hispanic vote without pandering. Jobs and border security are not going to entice any Mexican to vote for him. I’ve got the Hispanic GOP website on my FB likes and I can tell you right now, it’s amnesty they see in Perry.

And I’m not into pandering to the Mexicans or those cutesy ethnicities like Latios.. Tejanos… even Chicanos… All those hyphenated Americans are firstly loyal to their nationalistic identity. Inviting them into the GOP is in the long term inviting in our own destruction. They either come in as Americans with conservative principles including rule of law, or they don’t come in.

Texas Gal on January 9, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Texas Gal on January 9, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Tejano is Texan in spanish…hello?

workingclass artist on January 9, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Goodness Mitt needs to get better on this and quickly. I cringed in 2008 debates with McCain when he could not articulate a strong defense of his work at Bain.

monalisa on January 9, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Texas Gal on January 9, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Because of Romney,Bachmann and Cain’s stupid rhetoric the leader of the largest Hispanic GOP group quit the party.

workingclass artist on January 9, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Mcguyver on January 9, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Okay, so given our choices, what do you recommend?

Cindy Munford on January 9, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Answer:

Under-vote them/that choice on the ballot and stop shilling for them!

We should be ashamed of ourselves looking at how far we have fallen short of “keeping our Republic”!

What we are CURRENTLY doing IS NOT WORKING!

In Texas during the last gubernatorial campaign, some of us insider republican operatives had a campaign of ‘under-voting’ going on… – for you shills: that means make sure you walk into the voting booth/and vote ONLY for the candidate or issues that you really are convicted of voting FOR using down-the-strict-line principles for constitutional government, and then SIMPLY LEAVE EVERYTHING ELSE BLANK.

Under-voting (leaving it blank) - which is to say that you have no confidence in him/her – for any compromised candidate also means that you never vote for “the other candidate out of spite”, and the big bonus is it maintains the integrity of your constitutional convictions and therefore you will not be held accountable for the destruction of our country!

Under-voting also presumes ultimate trust in the process of casting our votes-of-integrity, RATHER than being afraid of the damage that the worse-of-evil-choice-candidate can do if they get elected, ie: Obama versus McCain, because as bad as it is post 2008, we still have the power of change at our finger tips, if we will only USE IT AT THE VOTING BOOTH!!

As an insider republican operative, I can assure you that the establishment is truly scared of the UNDER-VOTE, because I see them first hand and foremost check the number of under-votes (after of course checking to see if they won), in other words: “Who and how many voters dared to walk into the voting booth and leave my choice blank?!”

Anyway, the result of our campaign was that the state comptroller got just under a million votes more than the governor! That alone is the reason Perry decided to move on and try his much ballyhooed failed-from-the-start national campaign. Can you imagine getting embarrassed by the the only state-wide candidate that has contradicted his own budgetary lies!?

I can readily assure all national and local efforts at reform OF OUR REPUBLIC, that, if you will only do ONE THING, AND THAT IS CAST AN UNDER-VOTE for all compromised candidates and issues, AND, PROMOTE THE PRACTICE EVERYWHERE AND EVERYDAY, THEN BY GOD WE WILL REFORM THIS JUGGERNAUT IN A NEW YORK ELECTION SEASON!!

I.

DARE.

YOU.

TO.

DO.

THE.

RIGHT.

THING.

UNDER-VOTE!!

GIVE THEM ELECTION REJECTION HEARTBURN!

LEAVE THE CHOICE BLANK!!

ALL HAIL THE REPUBLIC!

Mcguyver on January 9, 2012 at 3:43 PM

Hey the crud under Cindy’s toenails is better than you (taking a famous line from the past by another poster).

Of course she doesn’t even have crud under her toenails, but if she did…well…you know what I mean pal… (:

Frobenius on January 9, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Moron.

Mcguyver on January 9, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Mcguyver on January 9, 2012 at 3:43 PM

Oddly enough I have considered that. It would take a certain amount of bravery by a lot more people to be effective. Interesting.

Cindy Munford on January 9, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Mcguyver on January 9, 2012 at 3:45 PM

No, it was very sweet. You might consider being a bit less insulting if you want to promote your idea.

Cindy Munford on January 9, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Sorry…worthy of posting: This is exactly where Axelrod will go with this and must be vetted. I am glad that it came out now not latter. OWS…Obamaville…and this where this is all headed.
As Mitt put it…”Politics isn’t a BAINBAG”!!

Romney’s Bain & Co. financed one of its deals through Drexel Burnham Lambert which was a major Wall Street investment firm that was forced into bankruptcy in February 1990 over the illegal activities of its junk-bond trading employee, Michael Milken. Milken, who was indicted on 98 counts of racketeering and securities fraud, went to jail, but not after making over a billion in just four years, a then-record sum.

Standing in front of a Brighton branch of Staples, an office supply store in which Romney’s venture capital firm invested, he said Sen. Kennedy’s lacked knowledge of the private sector. “I appreciate Ted Kennedy’s years of service, but I don’t think he has a clue to how to create jobs,” Romney said.

Rick Gureghian, Kennedy’s campaign press spokesman, countered that the jobs Romney has help to create at Staples are low-paying entry-level jobs that provide no health benefits.

“Mitt Romney is pocketing millions of dollars creating service-industry, $ 4.50-an-hour parttime jobs that do not pay health insurance. And Mitt Romney thinks that’s something to brag about?”

coach1228 on January 9, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Cindy Munford on January 9, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Well sweet crud then. That’s the woe of not being a frequent poster and missing the inside jokes. :-)

Oh well.

I have done what I can today for our Republic.

Later.

Mcguyver on January 9, 2012 at 3:51 PM

With all this Bain Capital attack foolishness, it appears that Perry has become part of the 99%. He should be careful or Romney might bring up some of the deals in Texas where a company got favorable treatment, the company got state money, and Perry, by coincidence, of course, got a healthy campaign donation.

As part of the 99%, Perry needs to “occupy” something. He should go find former Senatorial candidate, Alvin Green, and the two of them could “occupy” Charleston harbor. Didn’t work too well for the Rebels back in the day, but, of course, the Alamo didn’t go to well for the Texans either.

That Rick. Such a brilliant guy. Maybe he should have compared his campaign to the Battle of San Jacinto. Went quite well for the Texans. Guess Perry must have missed skipped some history classes at A&M to go to Yell Boy practice.

Horace on January 9, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Horace on January 9, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Hi Horace good buddy. Someone said we are buddies. I hope you don’t mind.

Frobenius on January 9, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Wow, I’m seeing a lot of fear here in the eyes of Romney-supporters.

IcedTea on January 9, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Mcguyver on January 9, 2012 at 3:43 PM

that was amusing for utter bullsh!t….

workingclass artist on January 9, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Mcguyver on January 9, 2012 at 3:51 PM

See you late, nice talking to you.

Cindy Munford on January 9, 2012 at 3:56 PM

aloysiusmiller on January 9, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Thats true….UNTIL….Bain is given a Federal Bailout on Pension funds after making Millions of profit from the deal.

What’s more, a federal government insurance agency had to pony up $44 million to bail out the company’s underfunded pension plan. Nevertheless, Bain profited on the deal, receiving $12 million on its $8 million initial investment and at least $4.5 million in consulting fees.

I want my money BACK!!!Crony capitalism my friend….and Mitt is riddled with it.

And on top of that:
Mitt Romney avoids U.S tax by using Offshore bank accounts

If Mitt is to win over me and 50% of the GOP voters….this will have to be addressed and real soon.
“Politics isn’t a BAINBAG….

coach1228 on January 9, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Cindy Munford on January 9, 2012 at 3:46 PM

It’s not that hard of a concept.

Ours seemed to be a very meager campaign, but it worked because it struck a cord of truth in people and people seem to be attracted to truthful instruction, because just as we DEPEND ON TRUTHFUL ROAD SIGNS to prevent us from driving of the cliff, so also we are attracted to truth everywhere else in our lives. Juxtapose a truth campaign with the shilling and making excuses for compromised candidates by highly paid multimillion dollar pundits who have a problem of comprehension but excel in bombastic ratings rhetoric, and you will soon see the root of our problems.

Mcguyver on January 9, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Branch Perridians

Frobenius on January 9, 2012 at 2:58 PM

bitsy on January 9, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Thanks for the free advertising. Maybe it will go viral now thanks to you (:

PS: Thanks to You (:
PSS: Its all good (:

Frobenius on January 9, 2012 at 3:59 PM

that was amusing for utter bullsh!t….

workingclass artist on January 9, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Moron.

Mcguyver on January 9, 2012 at 4:01 PM

blink on January 9, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Sorry…4/1 against McRomney….and will help Perry.
Mitts numbers have come down by 10 points since last week.
No coincidence…just vetting.

coach1228 on January 9, 2012 at 4:01 PM

As Mitt put it…”Politics isn’t a BAINBAG”!!coach1228 on January 9, 2012 at 3:50 PM

How is a complaint about the Staples jobs any different than when Republicans attack Obama for touting the temporary jobs he created or saved out of the Stimulus?

The core of why the attacks on Bain are bad coming from Republicans is that we DO need the wealthy entrepreneur class investing capital if we have a prayer of recovering the full time private sector jobs with benefits lost by the recession.

Bluray on January 9, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Frobenius

No problem. Being called a “buddy” is OK.

Is a change from the Perry Girls (AG, gg, Juliesa and the Twerp woman) plus cozmo, who usually show real class and debating skills by calling me a “gd bigot,” “jerk,” “nutball,” and “an effin’ Perry-hater.” A very Pecksniffian bunch. And their name-calling, I assume, is to make me take a second look at Perry.

Perry, in the last NH poll, has slipped from 2% to 1%, behind Roemer with 3%. But that’s Rick style, according to the Perrykrishnas. He lets others think he is behind, the swoops to victory. So, Roemer better watch his back – Rick’s a’comin’!

Horace on January 9, 2012 at 4:03 PM

He’s certainly not perfect, but ya know what? I can stand by the words of the last man standing, at least in my view of the Republican field.

“I’m not making it a liability. I believe in the private sector.”

Because I do too.

MNHawk on January 9, 2012 at 4:03 PM

I am a capitalist.

I am against socializing losses through Federal bailouts.

Apparently that is hard to grasp for Mittbots.

tetriskid

You are apparently against reality too, as there was no socializing of losses through federal bailouts here.

Sheesh, and I’m not even a Mittbot.

xblade on January 9, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Frobenius

Notice how the shrillness of the Perrykrishnas keep increasing as he sinks deeper in single digits in the polls in NH, Florida and nationally?

Them po’, po’ folks.

Horace on January 9, 2012 at 4:06 PM

coach1228 on January 9, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Some free life advice, sport. If you aspire to make more than $4.50 per hour (in 1990 dollars) go back to school and learn to do something more than retail clerking.

Unless Perry has now somehow proposed income support for retail clerks? I think more than a few Marxist have.

MNHawk on January 9, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Bluray on January 9, 2012 at 4:02 PM

You may keep your head in the sand…..but I am not.
Indy’s and Mods will run for the hills on this…..

Romney’s “electability” is shot with what they will do to him.

I see it coming as clear as day my fellow American…..they will excoriate him like Ted Kennedy did in 94.
I am glad that Newt/Santorum and Perry brought this to light because hopefully….if Romney is the nominee…..it will not be that much of an issue….but I personally think it will be the Haliburton of 2012.

coach1228 on January 9, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Too easy

workingclass artist on January 9, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Texas Gal on January 9, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Tejano is Texan in spanish…hello?

workingclass artist on January 9, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Si, habla poquita espanol. I understand the translation of Tejano, but I also know that Tejano is the prefered term for Texas born Mexican, many of whom are working towards a political majority in Texas.

Texas Gal on January 9, 2012 at 3:34 PM

workingclass artist on January 9, 2012 at 3:40 PM

I agree with Romney’s position on amnesty and how to deal with the illegals here now, and I agreed with Cain’s. I don’t agree with Bachmann’s and I personally think it is just rhetoric, meant to play to her base.

Texas Gal on January 9, 2012 at 4:10 PM

MNHawk

I think I heard somewhere that Perry has a plan for income support for retail clerks in Texas, but you have to be an illegal alien receiving in-state tuition in college, have taken your Gardasil injection and are in the process of becoming a U.S. citizen sometime, somewhere over the rainbow.

If you disagree with this plan, you are, of course, heartless.

Horace on January 9, 2012 at 4:11 PM

MNHawk on January 9, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Dont take advice from a Mittbot…thanks.
Have my own business…thanks and do quite well.

Your sarc is a nice change PAL!!

coach1228 on January 9, 2012 at 4:11 PM

but I personally think it will be the Haliburton of 2012.

coach1228 on January 9, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Why is Halliburton bad? I bet they pay the typical worker more than $4.50 per hour (1990 dollars.) Isn’t that good?

MNHawk on January 9, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Mcguyver on January 9, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Impressive coming from a big shot republican insider from Texas…posting on a comment thread about bullsh!t.

Yeah…convincing.

I think Alex Jones is on and ya don’t want to miss that.

workingclass artist on January 9, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Do Perry and Gingrich realize every time they open their mouths with stuff like this, their margins in other primary states shrinks?

It smacks of a desperate Obama-esque attack. Which is really not what Republican primary voters want to hear. They are kinda lookin for the anti-Obama, not the Republican version. This is exactly the type of crap that really pisses people off; half-baked, nonsensical political attacks which serve no purpose.

This is why neither of them will ever be President.

Marcus Traianus on January 9, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Whose influence did Mitt purchase?

blink on January 9, 2012 at 4:05 PM

\
Have a look: Goldman’s switch Honchos back Mitt over Bam
If Goldman’s Sacks(got the biggest bailout) doesn’t raise a red flag for you…then nothing will.

And or fun reading: http://www.blogforarizona.com/blog/2012/01/the-bailout-for-bain-capital.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BlogForArizona+%28Blog+For+Arizona%29

coach1228 on January 9, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Texas Gal on January 9, 2012 at 4:10 PM

I’m glad you agree with Romney…I don’t.

He’s tactically stupid as a politician which is why he only won a single election in 17 years of trying & couldn’t manage to get re-elected despite being Teddy’s laydown on Romneycare.

All Democrats have to do is dust off Kennedy’s campaign trickbook against Romney.

workingclass artist on January 9, 2012 at 4:18 PM

coach1228 on January 9, 2012 at 4:11 PM

So putting 2 + 2 together, I can assume you’re in retail office supply, and you pay your workers more than the 1990 equivalent of $4.50 per hour ($8)? That is why you’re so exercised about Mittens paying Staples workers that, aren’t you?

MNHawk on January 9, 2012 at 4:19 PM

This is why neither of them will ever be President.

Marcus Traianus on January 9, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Marcus…..Mitt: Politics isn’t a BAINBAG!!

It’s called VETTING!!! Remember?

coach1228 on January 9, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Marcus Traianus on January 9, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Neither will Romney because he is weak against Obama…No way in this economy will voters elect him.

workingclass artist on January 9, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Now that is some serious bitterness coming from the Romney crowd.

The truth is, it is better this stuff comes out now where we’ll end up with a more conservative Republican nominee, than to hold back and let it come up in the general, which will lead to 4 more years of Obama.

IcedTea on January 9, 2012 at 4:21 PM

coach1228 on January 9, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Don’t these people watch TV?

this just keeps getting better.

workingclass artist on January 9, 2012 at 4:22 PM

MNHawk on January 9, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Damn…you got me pegged!!!

Sorry…your sarcasm is laughable.

May I suggest “Webster’s DICKionary” for you?

Seems like you are lost for thought and useful words….

Reprogram Mittbot…..

Yeah..McRomney 2012!! (Choking).

coach1228 on January 9, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Mcguyver on January 9, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Do you think there are enough disaffected here to take a chance on another four years of Obama? While it is far from a pure motive I would think that it is the most embraced.

Cindy Munford on January 9, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Texas Gal on January 9, 2012 at 4:10 PM

I’m glad you agree with Romney…I don’t.

workingclass artist on January 9, 2012 at 4:18 PM

I think that’s called moving the goal posts in the middle of our discussion.

What I said was … I agree with Romney on his position regarding how to deal with the illegals currently in our country. I prefer to attrition them out by removing the incentives that entice them here and enforcing the current laws that will remove them either voluntarily or by deportation. I don’t support any measure that includes or leads to amnesty or citizenship. Any ‘hispanic’ that comes to the GOP should come because they support the principles of the party, not because they favor a free pass for their compatriots.

Texas Gal on January 9, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Now that is some serious bitterness coming from the Romney crowd.

IcedTea on January 9, 2012 at 4:21 PM

100%+++

Now the shoe is on the other foot….Whaaaa…Whaaa..Whaaa.

Vetting is a BITCH!!

Can’t take the heat with those big broad shoulders Mitt….and Mittbots…get out of the kitchen.

coach1228 on January 9, 2012 at 4:28 PM

many of whom are working towards a political majority in Texas. Texas Gal on January 9, 2012 at 4:10 PM

So 5 Republican Tejanos won eats in the legislature. The legislature drew up the new maps. Democrats had the judges redraw the maps so the Gop would lose those seats and 5 Tejano democrats would win these seats. Now Abbott is arguing the case before SCOTUS.

workingclass artist on January 9, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Cindy Munford on January 9, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Agreed….but I detest being force feed someone that is “unelectable”…..just sayin.

coach1228 on January 9, 2012 at 4:30 PM

coach1228 on January 9, 2012 at 4:30 PM

I think a read of the comments here would indicate that “unelectable” is in the eye of the beholder. I think a horrid incumbent is the biggest motivator.

Cindy Munford on January 9, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Cool. I’m a d!ck and a Romney supporter. Two straw men for the price of one!

But ya still can’t just copy/paste Perry’s own words. Believe me I can imagine how it feels, being too ashamed of my candidate’s own words, to just copy/paste them in support. Must suck to be a Perry supporter, today.

MNHawk on January 9, 2012 at 4:34 PM

workingclass artist on January 9, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Comparing Perry to Democrats probably isn’t the brightest line of attack in this thread.

Just sayin’

MNHawk on January 9, 2012 at 4:36 PM

I think that’s called moving the goal posts in the middle of our discussion.
Texas Gal on January 9, 2012 at 4:27 PM

No it’s an apt discription of Romney’s dismal electoral history & if he wasn’t so loaded he wouldn’t even be considered that’s how bad his history is.

Dude has been running for 6 years and nobody wants him…Want me to pretend Santorum won his last race too…or that Newt never quit the speakership or that Ron Paul isn’t a nutcase or that Perry is an eloquent and fluid orator or that Obama gives a sh!t about this country?

No matter what anybody thinks or feels about a candidate…nobody is gonna vote for promises or a shoddy record after Obama.

workingclass artist on January 9, 2012 at 4:36 PM

MNHawk on January 9, 2012 at 4:34 PM

yawn

workingclass artist on January 9, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Now that is some serious bitterness coming from the Romney crowd.

IcedTea on January 9, 2012 at 4:21 PM

A. It is the conservative crowd, that “bitterness” is coming from

B. So it’s imperative that Perry go Full Marxist now, because Obama will go Full Marxist later? And it’s because Perry is going Full Marxist now, that we’ll end up with a more conservative candidate? Or something?

MNHawk on January 9, 2012 at 4:39 PM

yawn

workingclass artist on January 9, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Believe me, son, I’ve had more than a few leftist pieces of garbage give me that exact same response, when unable to muster a comeback.

Welcome to the club. Ironic it’s a Perry supporter.

Must suck to just be unable to quote your candidate. Now if it was me, that would be a clue to ditch the candidate for someone else.

MNHawk on January 9, 2012 at 4:41 PM

A. It is the conservative crowd, that “bitterness” is coming from

MNHawk on January 9, 2012 at 4:39 PM

If I was pro-Marxist, I’d be supporting the guy who is pro-government run healthcare, pro-bailout, and was willing to demagogue Perry over social security reform.

That way it would end up being Romney v. Obama, and Marxism would win either way.

IcedTea on January 9, 2012 at 4:46 PM

MNHawk on January 9, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Must suck to miss your medication hey? You keep wanting me to quote Perry. Quote him on what…You keep repeating yourself and it’s damned annoying.

You’re the troll here….with delusions that you’re even interesting for a troll.

I’m sorry you’re butt hurt that Romney is under attack…Get used to it & defend him in a competent way.

workingclass artist on January 9, 2012 at 4:47 PM