Huntsman now second on InTrade as Republican most likely to be nominated

posted at 9:10 pm on January 9, 2012 by Allahpundit

A distant, distant, distant, distant second, but still second. Just think: There’s still a slim chance that instead of Romney we’ll nominate a guy who dreams of the day that the GOP will once again be “sane.”

Two questions for you about the big vote tomorrow night. One: For strategic reasons, shouldn’t the Romney-haters be rooting for Huntsman to do well? JH is the candidate best positioned to pull moderates away from Romney in South Carolina and Florida. The longer he’s in the race, the weaker Mitt is and thus the easier it’ll be for one of the Not Romneys to surprise him down south. On the other hand, if Huntsman flames out tomorrow night and quits, that’s a new pool of moderates up for grabs in South Carolina and beyond — not a big pool, but maybe big enough to give Romney a narrow win when he needs one. The problem for Huntsman (and the rest of the field) is that Romney’s surely benefiting from the perception that he’s the most electable Republican in the field. Check out this data point from the new CBS poll:

Note the trend after Gingrich’s collapse in Iowa. That perception of electability is fragile, but I’ll bet it’s worth its weight in gold to Romney among undecideds. If you’re on the fence in New Hampshire, who would you rather waste a vote on: The guy who a near-majority of Republicans thinks will give The One his toughest race or the guy who’s almost polling an asterisk? Maybe that’ll change as the Bain attacks start circulating and begin to make Romney suddenly look very vulnerable indeed in the general, but it’s probably too late to affect the vote in NH. And if he wins NH, as expected, that’ll give him some extra momentum with which to fight the Bain wars down south.

Second question, then: What would constitute a poor performance for Romney tomorrow? His numbers have slipped the past few days — the new/final ARG poll shows him down three points in just two days — but he’s still leading by 15-25 points consistently. An upset looks impossible but a slimmer-than-expected win could very easily happen. What’s “slimmer than expected,” i.e. slim enough that the big takeaway on Wednesday will be “Romney underperforms” rather than “Romney romps”? A 15-point win? 10 points? Gingrich, understandably, is arguing that anything under 40 percent is a moral defeat for Romney; Rich Lowry thinks 30 percent should be the yardstick. In nearly two years of polling New Hampshire, Romney’s only finished below 30 percent three times, so yeah — if he can’t get there tomorrow, it’s big, big news. He’ll almost certainly get there, though, so what’s the real cut-off? 35 percent? Double-digit margin? Better than expected showing by Gingrich or Santorum? Lay down those benchmarks now!

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

You live in Texas right? I have been there but have never lived there. Its big isn’t it.

Sorry to hijack the thread talking about Texas when we could be talking about Lubbock instead.

/Twerp mode

Frobenius on January 9, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Yes it’s big…..so big I’ve never been to the panhandle to or West Texas.

terryannonline on January 9, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Intrade is just a bunch of sheeple. They merely follow the polls. They don’t predict anything. If they were prophets, they wouldn’t predicted Santorum’s rise before his numbers shot up in polls. They didn’t.

Aslans Girl on January 9, 2012 at 9:51 PM

terryannonline on January 9, 2012 at 9:50 PM

I’ve got my own personal troll.
Please don’t feed or encourage it.
Thanks.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 9, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Hey GG how is Minn?
AG how is IL?

Maybe you could move to Lubbock and you can get your own blog in Lubbock and talk about your move with Twerp. We could all register to the blog and see what you guys have to say about it. It would be so interesting.

Every thread could be about, well, Lubbock or Texas and the spiders. Cool (:

PS: It would be a cool chat room (:

Frobenius on January 9, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Sometimes I hope Huntsman wins the nomination just to watch MSNBC and the Democrat and Moderates who gush over him turn on him.

Roymunson on January 9, 2012 at 9:53 PM

January 9, 2012. The day Romneys “electability” died

pamplonajack on January 9, 2012 at 9:15 PM

There will be no hit song by Don McLean.

PatriotGal2257 on January 9, 2012 at 9:53 PM

what’s intrade’s track record. invoking intrade w/o that is getting religionary.

newrouter on January 9, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Frobenius on January 9, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Yes it’s big…..so big I’ve never been to the panhandle to or West Texas.

terryannonline on January 9, 2012 at 9:50 PM

I drove through Texas and it was quite an experience. Took more than a day to get through it. Didn’t have time to see any spiders or Walmarts but over all it was an enjoyable ride.

OK now back to our discussion on Lubbock.

Frobenius on January 9, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Frobenius on January 9, 2012 at 9:41 PM

GG lives in Minn. AG and herm live in Illinois.
They HATE it there.
I’m encouraging them to move to a freer place.
They’re my friends.
Now go eff yourself, pissant.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 9, 2012 at 9:47 PM

I LOVE the word pissant. Perhaps liverish pissant would be a more apt description?

I’ve never been to Texas, but one never knows. I think I love snow too much to ever leave the Midwest. Keep up the recruiting efforts!

herm2416 on January 9, 2012 at 9:57 PM

They’re OK in Oklahoma
Up in Arkansas they’re fair
But those old folks in Missouri
They don’t even know you’re there

But at a dance hall down in Texas
That’s the finest place to be
The women they all look beautiful
And their men will buy your beer for free

And they’ll say
That’s right you’re not from Texas
That’s right you’re not from Texas
That’s right you’re not from Texas
But Texas wants you anyway

~ Lyle Lovett

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on January 9, 2012 at 10:00 PM

I’ve got am my own personal troll.
Please don’t feed or encourage it.
Thanks.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 9, 2012 at 9:52 PM

There we go..

katy on January 9, 2012 at 10:00 PM

I’ve got my own personal troll.
Please don’t feed or encourage it.
Thanks.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 9, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Dang, lucky you.

I am suspicious though. Your troll seems rather dense, more so than the average nutball around here. Until I have verifiable evidence, I think your troll is actually a sockpuppet you use when you are bored so you can have conversations with yourself and win every time.

If your troll shows a propensity towards middle age history…

cozmo on January 9, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Aslans Girl on January 9, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Aslans Girl, I’m so glad you are so much smarter than the Intrade crowd. You have a moral duty to help Intrade get right their predictions. And you’ll make a lot of money by helping them! You just have to go bet on the underrated candidates. Why do I think you won’t put your money where your mouth is?

thuja on January 9, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Since Ron Paul is from Texas , I believe opposition to his candidacy is a conspiracy of the international Zionists and the Whataburgers.

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on January 9, 2012 at 10:02 PM

A distant, distant, distant, distant second, but still second.

Romney 81%
Huntsman 6%

Trolling for traffic, Allah??

NickDeringer on January 9, 2012 at 10:02 PM

O/T (or maybe not, since the Allstate National BCS Game is being played in NOLA, right next to TX): Crimson Tide: 9 / Tigers 0 – halftime

ExpressoBold on January 9, 2012 at 10:03 PM

thuja on January 9, 2012 at 10:01 PM

LMPalinO!!!

Exactly. In fact, do us a favor, Asians Girl, let us know who is going to go up in the polls and when? I dont want to work for a living anymore and would prefer to just make lots of money on your special knowledge of future polls!!!!

Thanks in advance!!!!

Jailbreak on January 9, 2012 at 10:04 PM

I’ve got my own personal troll.
Please don’t feed or encourage it.
Thanks.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 9, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Can I have my own personal troll too? Given how many of them there are there has to be a sale on them at the beta male super store. I just need to decide if I want the one with the I’m-better-than-you® rage accessory or if you need to buy the RINO protection plan.

Bunsin2 on January 9, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Isn’t there a game on tonight?
Mr. Arkadin on January 9, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Waaaayy ahead of you.

listens2glenn on January 9, 2012 at 10:06 PM

the Whataburgers.

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on January 9, 2012 at 10:02 PM

NO LONGER! It’s the In-and-Out Burgers, even though that name doesn’t recall, even remotely, Bilderbergers.

ExpressoBold on January 9, 2012 at 10:06 PM

I think this is nothing more than InTraders betting that Santorum will deflate like Bachmann, Perry, Cain, and Gingrich before him, and then Huntsman will become the next not-Romney. They’re not betting on him to win, per se, but rather to simply improve his standing.

Caiwyn on January 9, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Bunsin2 on January 9, 2012 at 10:04 PM
if you get me a caramel frappuccino , I’ll give you mine.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 9, 2012 at 10:08 PM

if you get me a caramel frappuccino , I’ll give you mine.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 9, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Bunsin2 on January 9, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Well Frobenius did take a handle from a mathematician most famous for making up characters. I wonder how far into group theory
(s)he really is?

Bunsin2 on January 9, 2012 at 10:14 PM

His new book may be helping.

bloggless on January 9, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Did they at least get his name right?

Bmore on January 9, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Huntsman is Barney Fife. If you get up close he is a 38 regular.

UT Cowboy on January 9, 2012 at 10:14 PM

What’s wrong with everyone here?

Huntsman’s a RINO?

Did he pass a healthcare policy with a mandate like Romney? No.

Did Huntsman raise taxes like Romney did? No, he cut them larger than anyone else before him.

Does Huntsman have the Ron Paul foreign policy? No, and he’s not a warmonger, either. The GOP needs a guy with a Jacksonian, Reagan-like foreign policy, not the Obama/George W. Bush nonsense we’ve been getting for 10 years.

It’s funny how people call Huntsman a RINO for giving in-state tuition to illegal children, even though when Perry does it, he’s still a “true conservative” according to Limbaugh.

So, Huntsman supports evolution. Big deal. He’s got the best economic plan, most international/foreign policy experience, he has business experience, executive experience, and he’s just as electable as Romney.

I don’t understand this: Romney’s the front-runner because he’s the most electable (supposedly), yet Huntsman’s 100x more conservative than a flip-flopping, quintessential politician/chameleon like Romney, and he’s just as electable.

Go ahead. Give the nomination to Romney and throw away the election.

Aizen on January 9, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Logic would indicate yes to ? 1
Below 30% seems about right for ? 2

Bmore on January 9, 2012 at 10:19 PM

JohnGalt23 on January 9, 2012 at 9:49 PM

You are correct, Paul should be placed prominently at the party table when it comes to platform and message. He is connecting with an important part of the electorate, particularly when it comes to fiscal matters. And, yes, he will never sit in the Oval Office as President, but his ideas should not be so readily discounted. Part of that, of course, is due to his inability to clearly articulate them and his rambling nature on a podium. But, he is of substance, and the Republican elites, and even some of us, tend to write him off. A mistake.

My problem with him is that I don’t know what his real plans are. He won’t rule out a third party run, which of course would guarantee us mas Obama and the complete destruction of the country. Paul may well see that as a good thing, a chance to come back and recreate America from the ashes, although it will never be. Then again, he may just be playing the clever card, knowing that if he says he’d go third party, a lot of his support would wain.

I’ve known him for 20 years or so, and can’t read the man at all, and I’m a pretty good reader. He seems one man yesterday, another man today, still another man tomorrow. All over the map, a real Ron in Wonderland.

TXUS on January 9, 2012 at 10:20 PM

ExpressoBold on January 9, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Now 12-0. Roll, Tide!!!

TXUS on January 9, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Aizen on January 9, 2012 at 10:18 PM

I think folks find him suspect because he was in 0′s administration. I know this is a shallow point, but there is something about the way he speaks “at” you, instead of to you. It didn’t help when they got his name wrong on his own site. Policy wise I think he is less of a flipper then Mittens, but I’m no Mitt fan to begin with.

Bmore on January 9, 2012 at 10:28 PM

TXUS on January 9, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Wow Tigers getting beat by Tide is kinda like Romney getting beat by Huntsman. Make any sense?

Bmore on January 9, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Bmore on January 9, 2012 at 10:28 PM

I still don’t understand how Romney’s the front-runner…

Everywhere I go, Republican voters can’t stand the guy. Every primary voter I talk to around school or work says they’ll take anyone over Romney, even Ron Paul.

The media keeps telling us that Romney’s in the lead because “we” think he’s the most electable, but why is that? Why is Romney so electable in everyone’s mind? Is it because he’s a RINO/moderate? Or is it because he has both private sector and public sector experience.

For all the “talk” of Huntsman being a RINO, he’s a hell of a lot better than Romney, that’s for sure. I’ve read Huntsman’s record; it’s not perfect by all means, but he’s got some conservative purity that I don’t see in the other candidates.

Aizen on January 9, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Looks like Huntsman in not on the ballot in Virginia, Illinois, and now ARIZONA.

ModerateMan on January 9, 2012 at 10:38 PM

I still don’t understand how Romney’s the front-runner…

That’s simpoly not true. You can dislike Romney without making shit up.

BettyRuth on January 9, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Just how scared of Huntsman are the Dems, anyway?
All the talk till now has been about Mitt, Newt, Rick S., or Rick P.
Huntsman has been an “also ran” up till now.

O/T

ExpressoBold on January 9, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Now 12-0. Roll, Tide!!!
TXUS on January 9, 2012 at 10:24 PM

No TDs, my kind of game.

listens2glenn on January 9, 2012 at 10:42 PM

ModerateMan on January 9, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Well remember he only needs New Hampshire because that’s where president get picked.

Bunsin2 on January 9, 2012 at 10:42 PM

and it’s simply not true either.

BettyRuth on January 9, 2012 at 10:42 PM

I still don’t understand how Romney’s the front-runner…
Aizen on January 9, 2012 at 10:35 PM

It happens all the time Conservatives are busy splitting the Conservation portion of the party vote 3 or 4 ways. The rest goes to the establishment rino types. If all the candidates were rinos with just one Conservative the same would happen to the rinos but with better results for Conservatives. The trick is to consolidate before its to late. Sometimes it happens , sometimes it doesn’t. If it were down to just Mitt vrs a Conservative, Mitt would get his normal 25 % the Conservative would garner the remainder. This has just been my observation over the years of how it works. We end up with mush, think McCain.

Bmore on January 9, 2012 at 10:46 PM

I think folks find him suspect because he was in 0′s administration.

***

Bmore on January 9, 2012 at 10:28 PM

I’m one of them. I wouldn’t trust Huntsman with the simplest task. former Sen. Judd Gregg considered joining Obama’s administration for a short time before realizing what Obama was going to be all about.

Huntsman can argue that he answered his country’s call. I saw that he assisted our farthest-left president undertake to “fundamentally transform” this country. Pursue a policy preference once elected in office? Fine; I’ll object. But insist on making the country over–no phucking way.

To make matters worse, Huntsman’s gushing love letters Obama. Let’s publicize those and see how well he polls.

BuckeyeSam on January 9, 2012 at 10:48 PM

I still don’t understand how Romney’s the front-runner…

Aizen on January 9, 2012 at 10:35 PM

I think Huntsman’s problem is that while he may be the most conservative candidate in the race and he may have the most conservative record of all those remaining, you never get the sense that he’s particularly proud of it. Instead of running on his conservative principles and his successful executive record, he has chosen to use his campaign as a lecture to his own party on tone.

fitzfong on January 9, 2012 at 10:49 PM

I still don’t understand how Romney’s the front-runner…

That’s simpoly not true. You can dislike Romney without making shit up.

BettyRuth on January 9, 2012 at 10:42 PM

BettyRuth, It may have been true had he said Conservative instead of Republican.

Bmore on January 9, 2012 at 10:49 PM

And this is why you need to take intrade with a grain of salt. Oh, its a useful metric, but only for some things. In contentious situations its ratings will change every week. For example, a week before the Iowa caucus, Paul was rated as highly likely to win, in actuality he came in third.

Now to be fair, in the last week intrade changed about as quickly as the polls did, and ended up being just as accurate, but just as accurate as polls isn’t exactly a glowing review in terms of overall accuracy.

Here’s the thing, Intrade is a series of estimated guesses, but those guesses are informed and guided by perceptions, just like polls. If there’s enough people guessing, if there is enough stability, and if it isn’t anything likely to happen between now and the date of the prediction, then intrade is fine.

Fine for many things, but not fine for politics.

As for the intraders, my guess is they’re expecting Huntsmen to get his surge any day now. Everybody else got one, why not him? XD

WolvenOne on January 9, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Bmore on January 9, 2012 at 10:46 PM

I must be tired, should have been Conservative portion, not Conservation portion

Bmore on January 9, 2012 at 10:52 PM

I want to help good conservatives in bad situations

apocalypse on January 9, 2012 at 9:30 PM

You want to get back on your medication so you don’t ramble incoherently on political blogs.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 9, 2012 at 9:31 PM

I don’t trust anyone who calls themselves an annoying twerp.

apocalypse on January 9, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Bunsin2 on January 9, 2012 at 10:42 PM

And that should never be allowed to be the case. The primary system needs to be changed, I’m not sure, is NH an open primary. I think it is. I’ll have to search that.

Bmore on January 9, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Kinda, kinda not. It is not a closed primary, in which votes can be cast in a party primary only by people registered with that party. Undeclared voters — those not registered with any party — can vote in either party primary. However, it does not meet a common definition of an open primary, because people registered as Republican or Democrat on voting day cannot cast ballots in the primary of the other party.[1]

Bmore on January 9, 2012 at 10:59 PM

I presumed apocalypse was being amusing

thuja on January 9, 2012 at 9:38 PM

…best post ever

apocalypse on January 9, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Dude?

Allendundit on January 9, 2012 at 11:01 PM

I don’t trust anyone who calls themselves an annoying twerp.

apocalypse on January 9, 2012 at 10:55 PM

I’m poking fun @ my autism.
Now do you get it?
Probably not.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 9, 2012 at 11:04 PM

That’s simpoly not true. You can dislike Romney without making shit up.

BettyRuth on January 9, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Bmore on January 9, 2012 at 10:49 PM

I meant conservative voters in the Republican primary. People who lean towards Newt/Perry/Santorum but find problems with each of them, and refuse to support Romney because they believe (rightfully so) that the GOP shouldn’t have to settle with another McCain type just because of the “electability” issue being thrown around. I live in a pretty conservative state, so when I ask people around my neighborhood who they support, no one ever says Romney.

Aizen on January 9, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Ah, I see Milton Huntsman is getting a turn, just like all the other not-Romneys.

How will HIS campaign implode? I can’t wait to see what’ll make it happen. Will it be hubris, like Newt? ‘Skeletons’, like Cain? Nuttiness, like Paul? Or Santorum’s good-old-fashioned whininess?

BTW- You go, Twerp. Autism sucks. You seem to have mastered it. I’m still working on it.

LunaLovegood on January 9, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Aizen on January 9, 2012 at 11:08 PM

I figured that’s what you meant. There is a difference after all. Not many of us in that other party. As a matter of fact, none, that come to mind.

Bmore on January 9, 2012 at 11:20 PM

I still don’t understand how Romney’s the front-runner…

Aizen on January 9, 2012 at 10:35 PM

As I said in another thread, electability is: 1. How left wing your policy positions are and 2. How nice the MSM is to you. There’s nothing else. The “electability” argument is almost entirely empty of any factual content and is basically a myth peddled to convince voters on both sides of the fence to vote against their interests.

Our friends on the left sometimes buy into the myth too into into to – had “electability” been a surefire winner, then Kerry and Hillary would have won their elections.

Romney’s support is based on the MSM and conservative media convincing voters that Obama’s policy positions are actually very popular and that we should vote for Romney, who supports many of them. This completely flies in the face of the actual 2010 election results, but it is working better here than in 2010 because the Republicans have managed to work with the MSM destroy every credible challenger to Romney while shielding him from damage.

As to your comments about Huntsman, I basically agree. At the VERY least he’d be a better Establishment candidate than Romney.

Doomberg on January 9, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Apocalyps called me evil a few days ago because I said that Bachmann was a classless liar. A few days before that flora duh responded to a comment of his and he told her, ‘A man is speaking. Know your place.’. I ripped him a new one for that crap.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 9, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Twerp… keep ur mouth shut and stop being a little gossip queen. You shouldn’t even be here. You should be in a hair salon and getting your nails done with all the other girls.

apocalypse on January 9, 2012 at 11:26 PM

InTrade can be a good predictor – BUT, just like the stock market, the predictive value depends on a high volume. There is literally no volume at all on this race, 80 shares for sale on Romney to win, everyone else many fewer. That’s NOTHING.

Every NH frontrunner comes back to the field in the last few days. It happens in every contested race. Romney should expect something in the range of the average, around 35%, and needs at least 30% and a 12+ point win to avoid the appearance of flagging at the end.

Then he needs to counter the scurrilous socialist attacks of Gingrich, who has abandoned capitalism altogether to join OWS, in order to win SC and keep Florida solid. After that, it’s over in essence: no big money people will risk too much to stop him if he’s 5-0 (Nevada also looks safe).

Adjoran on January 9, 2012 at 11:29 PM

LunaLovegood on January 9, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Gypsy Rose Lee once said that you gotta have a gimmick.
I’ve always been different. I poke fun at myself so that when some jerk says something really mean…it won’t matter.
Some of what I do here is gimmick-some is really me. It’s a fine line that sometimes gets blurry.
-Barb

annoyinglittletwerp on January 9, 2012 at 11:32 PM

A bunch of pokerholics with coke-inspired delusions of grandeur, aiming for a long shot in the worst gamble of all — politics.

Jaibones on January 9, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Mike WHO ??? I c*nt hear you, I have an ear inf*ction.

birdhurd on January 10, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Dixville Notch results:

Huntsman 2
Romney 2
Gingrich 1
Paul 1

Huntsmania!

str8tface on January 10, 2012 at 12:22 AM

LOL, yes Bart Huntsman, the Republicans *are* apparently insane.

Midas on January 10, 2012 at 12:40 AM

apocalypse on January 9, 2012 at 11:26 PM

I know your type! When you go off in the woods to pee…you squat don’t you?
You’ve never stood up to a urinal have you?
Yea! That’s what I thought.
Your last name is Bedit!

KOOLAID2 on January 10, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Huntsman is probably a good guy but he is as forceful as mush. You are all qwackers and are working hard at re-electing the thug. After all, electibility has nothing to do with elections… or does it, we shall see.

AReadyRepub on January 10, 2012 at 2:27 AM

The Republicans would be sane to kick this Obama Manchurian Candidate out of the race.

TexasJew on January 10, 2012 at 5:18 AM

Jon Huntsman is a good man. If he weren’t so grating and obnoxious to he may have had a shot. But he is and nobody will listen to him. Of all the also-rans I find him to be the best (except for his insane AGW stance).

Given the attitudes of many in the party, I also think it would be funny if the top two at the end of the day were Mormons.

MJBrutus on January 10, 2012 at 6:30 AM

By all means, let’s nominate him and see how he does when the Democrats spend six months on his newsletters and his foreign policy and his qualms about the Bin Laden raid. This is what I’ve never understood about some of you Paul guys: It’s one thing to like a candidate, but it’s another thing to think a candidate can win simply because you like him so much. Obama would utterly destroy him. Droves of Republicans would either stay home or cross over and vote for O. It is what it is.

Allahpundit on January 9, 2012 at 9:33 PM

i want the gop to move ideologically in the direction of ron paul libertarianism although i dont agree with everything the old fart says. so i vote in ron paul in the primary. after i can vote for romney in the general.
note that for me Romney is obama light. so, the choice is a long shot for ron paul that will really change stuff or a possible token victory with romney.

nathor on January 10, 2012 at 7:35 AM

Allahpundit on January 9, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Sanity. Finally some sanity.

BettyRuth on January 9, 2012 at 9:37 PM

naa, Allahpundit is just making the electability argument. he must really hate to see that bunny melt.

nathor on January 10, 2012 at 7:41 AM

You mean the “media” thats DNC controlled? Or Rush, Oreilly and Hannity? Is there a difference?

Both political parties are controlled by the same puppet masters, and ‘they’ like where we are and where we are headed (or so they think). This is the basis for why I think we are headed to oblivion.

Descent into Nightmare.

orbitalair on January 10, 2012 at 8:10 AM

Percentage of this and that–only the pundits really care and then only because they desperately need something to talk about.
This or that candidate needs this or that slice of the numbers. The voters don’t notice or don’t care and large numbers have never heard of In Trade. A win is a win and a loss is a loss to this concrete voter–bet I’m not alone.And the second place guy is still a loser until he comes in first.

jeanie on January 10, 2012 at 10:28 AM

Why support Romney even though he wasn’t my first choice?

I originally supported Pawlenty, until he dropped out at the first whiff of difficulty, demonstrating that he had not the nerve to hold the office of President.

I then supported Perry, whose debate performances proceeded to be so embarrassingly bad (can’t remember his own policy positions? Really? REALLY???) that I knew he would be ground up and spit out in any race with Obama.

I then flirted with Cain, until it turned out that he was just another smooth talking huckster who was more interested in partying and selling books than anything else, and who beclowned himself when the news of his 13 year affair came out.

I flirted with the idea of Newt until he demonstrated, once again, that no matter how much good “Good Newt” does, “Bad Newt” will always show up and say something incredibly arrogant and grating towards nearly everyone, killing his chances to win anything. It’s in his DNA, he can’t help it.

those I could never consider:

Hunstman – should be running in the Dem primaries, not the Republican ones.

Bachmann – too shrill, needs to stay in Congress.

Santorum – economic liberal, and he wants to outlaw contraception. Puh-lease.

Paul – thinks America deserved 9-11 and that GWB ran the country for the Illuminati and the trilateral commission. Double puh-lease.

Trump – probably the only man in America who could make me vote for Obama, if it were a choice between them.

Gary Johnson – who? Sorry, I vaguely remember the name but that’s about it.

I would have considered Chris Christie, or Mitch Daniels, Rudy Giuliani, or even Jeb Bush. But none of them want to do the work it takes to run a national campaign. If they don’t want the work, they shouldn’t be President.

Mitt Romney, the last man standing.

Romney for President in 2012.

Tom Servo on January 10, 2012 at 11:03 AM

When you go off in the woods to pee…you squat don’t you? You’ve never stood up to a urinal have you?

KOOLAID2 on January 10, 2012 at 1:44 AM