Romney gets a thousand cheers and one heckler in Derry

posted at 12:15 pm on January 7, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

I’m in Manchester, New Hampshire for the next few days, covering the next stop in the Republican primary process. After arriving late last night, I got up early this morning to travel to Derry, where Mitt Romney had a rally scheduled at Pinkerton Academy at 8:20 this morning. Pinkerton is in Derry, a picturesque town that doesn’t quite resemble a suburb, but isn’t really that rural, either. It’s best described as quaint in the most complimentary meaning of the term.  It mainly features small, stand-alone shops, but at the moment, I’m writing this post from a café called The Coffee House in one of the few strip malls I’ve seen, which has live music from a harpist and cellist.

The event itself was well-attended, especially for the quiet area in which it was held and the time of day.  I guessed that Romney had attracted about 300 people, but I was pretty far off; the campaign later said that the estimate from the Derry PD was 1,020, and the fire marshal told the local media that the hard count at the front door was 930.  On the way in, though, the attendees got to hear from Ron Paul supporters, who have made a habit of demonstrating outside of Romney events in New Hampshire.  There weren’t too many of them, though, only about a dozen.  The one here in the foreground has a sign that says, “The doctor will free you now,” and they called out to people to “Say yes to Dr. No!”

Not everyone who attended was committed to Romney.  I didn’t mix much with the crowd, but I spoke to a couple of reporters later who were having trouble finding solid Romney backers to interview.  I saw a lot of stickers and buttons, however, and the crowd seemed very enthusiastic for Romney and his surrogates, Senator Kelly Ayotte and South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley, both of whom spoke at the rally.  One man in particular was not at all a fan of Romney — an Occupy heckler who tried to disrupt the event.  Fortunately, I was in perfect position to capture the exchange, such as it was:

Hey, if he’s the only protester, doesn’t that make him the 0.1% in a crowd of a thousand?

Romney wasn’t thrown by this at all.  He waited for the crowd to drown out the protester, and then reminded people how fortunate we are to live in a country where dissent is not stifled, although he wished it had been presented with “respect and civility.”  I was a little surprised that there was only one outburst; I expected another, but it never came.  The Derry police showed a great deal of restraint in this case, standing by the man to let him have his say, and then escorting him out when the moment was over … even if the Occupier hadn’t quite figured that out.

Otherwise, the speeches were standard campaign fare, but clearly Romney wants to stick to the economy and encroaching federal regulation as the basis of his campaign against Obama.  Haley and Ayotte never strayed far from those themes, either, and Haley emphasized them when she told the crowd that her biggest headache as Governor doesn’t come from the state itself, but interference from Washington DC.  Both were effective, but Haley showed that she can charm a crowd.  Eventually, we might see Haley headlining presidential primary events.  Romney stuck with economic arguments almost completely, in the last few minutes changed to more of an inspirational call to patriotism and duty by quoting from “America the Beautiful.”  He then stuck around for about a half hour to shake hands and talk with people before going into another room to do a couple of media interviews.

I’m posting the Haley and Ayotte speeches in their entirety, and Romney’s conclusion to his speech below, but this post would not be complete without mentioning that another candidate dropped by the auditorium after Romney left.  I think I’ve found Jazz Shaw’s dream presidential candidate:

This is what makes covering American politics fun.  A local police officer told me the boot is on his head because Mr. Supreme wants to give politicians the boot.  He had no idea what the half-dozen ties meant, and Mr. Supreme didn’t explain it during his brief but memorable appearance.

Here are the three videos.  Enjoy. I’ll be at a Santorum event later and will have video and more observations later today.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 5

LOL…Nikki Haley in NH campaigning for Romney. Who coulda seen that coming?

ddrintn on January 7, 2012 at 12:19 PM

I’ve changed my mind. Vermin Supreme for president

gerrym51 on January 7, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Nikki will be a one term governor.

Zelsdorf Ragshaft on January 7, 2012 at 12:23 PM

I am waiting for the news casts and headlines, showing only the heckler at the Romney gathering! Thanks Ed!

KOOLAID2 on January 7, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Why hasn’t Mr. Supreme been in any of the big debates? I tell ya, the media is trying to shut down our best candidates without even giving them a chance to share their views.

Mr. Prodigy on January 7, 2012 at 12:24 PM

You take the green pill for a desire to applaud loudly whenever you see Mitt, or take the red pill for a desire to cheer “We want Mitt…We want Mitt!!” If it doesn’t go away in four hours, call your doctor.

RBMN on January 7, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Nikki will be a one term governor.

Zelsdorf Ragshaft on January 7, 2012 at 12:23 PM

She might be the next VP?

KOOLAID2 on January 7, 2012 at 12:25 PM

There’s at least one in every crowd. I feel sorry for the Occupooper Misfit Toys. I’ll pray for them.

Philly on January 7, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Nice shot of Haley and Ayotte campaigning for Romney. Pawlenty and Christie hit the with him in NH tomorrow.

Romney’s got more conservative superstars behind him than all the other combined.

swamp_yankee on January 7, 2012 at 12:26 PM

That looks like a condom on his head.

bloggless on January 7, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Vermin Supreme for dictator.

HB3 on January 7, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Nikki Haley needs to be investigated to make sure she is not using one cent of SC taxpayer money, resources or equipment to campaign for Romney, in NH or anywhere else.

they lie on January 7, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Vermin Supreme: the next not-Romney!

PackerBronco on January 7, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Vermin Supreme/Alvin Greene 2012.

Also, the quoting of America the Beautiful is getting kind of annoying. He’s using it everywhere. It reminded me of the West Wing episode “Freedonia” where VP Bob Russell is using this really corny joke about the Vice Presidential Seal looking like the Presidential Seal if you squint your eyes and tilt your head. He used it everywhere, and it felt overly scripted and wasn’t all that good of a line to begin with. Thats what the America the Beautiful quoting feels like. Actually, Romney’s whole campaign feels like VP Bob Russell.

vegconservative on January 7, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Vermin Supreme the next Not Romney?

Red Cloud on January 7, 2012 at 12:28 PM

PackerBronco on January 7, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Great minds think alike!

Red Cloud on January 7, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Not suburbab, but not rural either.

Ed, its called a town, an old-fashioned New England town.

swamp_yankee on January 7, 2012 at 12:29 PM

KOOLAID2 on January 7, 2012 at 12:23 PM

I thought the dominant journalist culture was for Romney.

If I’m right, then that heckler “doesn’t exist”, except on conservative blogs like HA.

listens2glenn on January 7, 2012 at 12:29 PM

swamp_yankee on January 7, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Heh…well, Perry and Santorum weren’t throwing campaign cash around in 2010, either.

ddrintn on January 7, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Respect the Boot.

Philly on January 7, 2012 at 12:30 PM

swamp_yankee on January 7, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Are you deluded??

shannon76 on January 7, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Ed’s in the tank. OVER THE LINE!!! No way I’m marking this one an 8, dude.

abobo on January 7, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Nikki will be a one term governor.

Zelsdorf Ragshaft on January 7, 2012 at 12:23 PM

She might be the next VP?

KOOLAID2 on January 7, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Maybe in 2028.

ddrintn on January 7, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Hey Ed, are you going to come to Florida?

Cindy Munford on January 7, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Im glad a blogger is on the ground, and not stuck in some internet bubble. Romney’s support is very real. Lots of good, solid Granite Stateers are behind him. Its no conspiracy of the establishment, RINOS, or anything else.

Its quite sad that the others cant put a dent in NH and so easily dismiss whole regions of the country, whole demographics to appeal to regional biases. Pathetic really.

swamp_yankee on January 7, 2012 at 12:32 PM

The boot-headed guy should partner with the “rent is too damn high” guy! LOL

chickie on January 7, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Second look at Vermin Supreme?

Go RBNY on January 7, 2012 at 12:33 PM

swamp_yankee on January 7, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Oh, we’ll be hearing that they are all RINOs — all of ‘em — in 3-2-1…

Rational Thought on January 7, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Media trying desperately to cling to the narrative that NOBODY LIKES ROMNEY!

Yeah, I’m sure 1000+ people showed up and there wasn’t a supporter among them.

JA on January 7, 2012 at 12:33 PM

swamp_yankee on January 7, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Are you deluded??

shannon76 on January 7, 2012 at 12:30 PM

LOL…Potemkin Conservative Superstars.

ddrintn on January 7, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Following this election is depressing. This Republican field is just terrible. It’s one bad choice after the other. Just trying to find the least worst option. No one to get excited about. To the “Anyone But Obama” future President (Except Ron Paul.)

gumble on January 7, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Looks like you had a good seat Ed. Thanks for the reporting. Awaiting you future reports

bluealice on January 7, 2012 at 12:34 PM

shannon76 on January 7, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Just the facts. Sorry if you cant handle them.

swamp_yankee on January 7, 2012 at 12:34 PM

I’m sorry, but expressions such as “The Doctor will set you free” terrify me.

John the Libertarian on January 7, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Whoa! Go Daddy! It’s Vermin Supreme for me. I guess the neckware is to suggest to supporters that besides giving politicians the boot, a necktie party would be in order to. That’s it, Vermine Supreme, leader of ‘The Necktie Party’.

Bob in VA on January 7, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Hey Ed, are you going to come to Florida?

Cindy Munford on January 7, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Where another big recipient of Romney cash, Rubio, will be leading the cheers…

ddrintn on January 7, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Rational Thought on January 7, 2012 at 12:33 PM

LOL…Potemkin Conservative Superstars.

That didn’t take long

bluealice on January 7, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Forget Vermin Supreme, I’m voting for Beef Supreme.

Gingotts on January 7, 2012 at 12:36 PM

For the life of me I cannot understand the Mitt love. The man still believes in Global Warming, or not. His healthcare plan was copied by Nancy Pelosi and the crew. He speaks in bumper sticker lingo. He cannot complete a thought that I could ever agree with. He has the personality of a dish rag. And the big one is that does not have the personal character to bring about change in Washington. In fact he doesn’t see the need for any change in Washinton. He has no clue as to what is the matter in DC, as most RINOs. Why would anyone vote for him? Why would anyone go to a rally for him? He’s more of the same. There are people out there that will fight with you to Restore America and none of them are named Mitt Romeny.

BetseyRoss on January 7, 2012 at 12:37 PM

That didn’t take long

bluealice on January 7, 2012 at 12:36 PM

It never does. Wait until Palin endorses Romney. “She’s a RINO!!!!!!”

Rational Thought on January 7, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Rational Thought on January 7, 2012 at 12:33 PM

LOL…Potemkin Conservative Superstars.

That didn’t take long

bluealice on January 7, 2012 at 12:36 PM

I didn’t call anyone a RINO. I said they were bought and paid for. Do you think Haley would be up there minus the Romney financial contributions to her campaign? Honestly.

ddrintn on January 7, 2012 at 12:40 PM

BetseyRoss on January 7, 2012 at 12:37 PM

America is desperate to get rid of Scooter, so they’re settling.

kingsjester on January 7, 2012 at 12:40 PM

I don’t know who who makes me puke more when I see and hear their scripted lies, Obama or the all white version, Romney.

they lie on January 7, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Listening to Romney speak, I’m just amazed this guy has been able to win any elections in his life.

If he was teaching a college course I would fall asleep in 5 minutes. His ability to inspire is zero. Is he really the best we have to go up against Obama?

tkyang99 on January 7, 2012 at 12:41 PM

ddrintn on January 7, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Has he endorsed yet? The Husband read an article about Romney’s PAC the other day and Ms. O’Donnell’s endorsement has been cleared up. Interesting that he was the only main stream Republican that actually supported her.

Cindy Munford on January 7, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Where another big recipient of Romney cash, Rubio, will be leading the cheers…

ddrintn on January 7, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Wow, now Rubio is no good either. You folks amaze me.

VegasRick on January 7, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Yeah, anyone supporting the Robot all white version of OBAMA is definitely a RINO!

they lie on January 7, 2012 at 12:42 PM

It never does. Wait until Palin endorses Romney. “She’s a RINO!!!!!!”

Rational Thought on January 7, 2012 at 12:38 PM

I don’t think she will.

ddrintn on January 7, 2012 at 12:42 PM

The boot-headed guy should partner with the “rent is too damn high” guy! LOL

chickie on January 7, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Dream ticket:

Vermin Supreme/Rent Is Too Damn High 2012.

ROFL!

PatriotGal2257 on January 7, 2012 at 12:43 PM

swamp_yankee on January 7, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Are you deluded??

shannon76 on January 7, 2012 at 12:30 PM

No, he’s not Shannon. But it appears that you completely are. What’s poor Shannon going to say when Sarah Palin tells you nutjobs to wake the hell up and put your support behind Romney if you don’t want four more years of Obama.

Oh I know what you’d say!: RINO! RINO! RINO! RINO! RINO! RINO! RINO! RINO! RINO! RINO!

Firecracker729 on January 7, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Where another big recipient of Romney cash, Rubio, will be leading the cheers…

ddrintn on January 7, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Wow, now Rubio is no good either. You folks amaze me.

VegasRick on January 7, 2012 at 12:41 PM

You don’t think it will happen? LOL…

ddrintn on January 7, 2012 at 12:44 PM

I don’t think she will.

ddrintn on January 7, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Yeah, I don’t think she’ll endorse anyone either. She’s all in as a pundit. But if she did — you know a lot of folks around here would be calling her a RINO sell-out, which would be hilarious. As hilarious as calling Rubio a bought-and-paid-for sell-out.

Rational Thought on January 7, 2012 at 12:46 PM

I lived in Derry, New Hampshire for 3 years and my former law firm represented Pinkerton Acadamy. Brings back memories . . .

KickandSwimMom on January 7, 2012 at 12:46 PM

WOW! Hayley’s hips and butt are about as big as Moochelle’s. If the RNC is paying for her and Christie to campaign for their candidate, they may go broke on meal money for them.

they lie on January 7, 2012 at 12:47 PM

This rally was astroturf! /Mitt hater

Roymunson on January 7, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Dream ticket:

Vermin Supreme/Rent Is Too Damn High 2012.

ROFL!

PatriotGal2257 on January 7, 2012 at 12:43 PM

The “Psychiatric Treatment Costs are Too Damn High” Party?

RBMN on January 7, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Firecracker729 on January 7, 2012 at 12:44 PM

When are you going to wake the hell up and learn there’s such a thing as a “false choice”? Support Romney, or you’re working toward Obama’s re-election. What an old line of b.s. “Romney’s the ONLY one who can beat Obama!!!” As someone commented a few days ago, the dude who lost to the dude who lost to Obama is now the only one who can beat Obama. (Wish I could remember who said it, for proper attribution.)

ddrintn on January 7, 2012 at 12:48 PM

ddrintn on January 7, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Well, in case you didn’t know, Nikki Haley supported Romney 2008. Unlike Rush Limbaugh and Mark Levin and all the other uber-right media pundits, Haley HAS NOT changed her position on Romney.

Firecracker729 on January 7, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Rational Thought on January 7, 2012 at 12:46 PM

If Palin did, I’d say “Pfffft.” Just as I did when she endorsed McCain. And you don’t think Rubio’s going to be “all in” for Romney? LOL

ddrintn on January 7, 2012 at 12:50 PM

The RINO’s want Romney because they also do not want a conservative picking the next Supreme Court replacements. If we get a conservative President… that one thing could undo years of Supreme Court activism.

JellyToast on January 7, 2012 at 12:50 PM

KOOLAID2 on January 7, 2012 at 12:23 PM

I thought the dominant journalist culture was for Romney.

listens2glenn on January 7, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Yes…but the media has to start putting the pedal to the metal for JugEars. They have 10 months to help erase 3 years of reality for their candidate, so they have to start now and distort the images.

KOOLAID2 on January 7, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Firecracker729 on January 7, 2012 at 12:48 PM

So did I. But that was 2008, when the choices were Romney, Huckabee and McCain. If someone supported Romney in 2008, they’re obligated to support him for all eternity?

ddrintn on January 7, 2012 at 12:51 PM

I think it was the maha Rushie himself…

tkyang99 on January 7, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Prediction: Surge by Lawn Gnome Vermin Supreme on the next Hot Air Snap Survey.

Are you reading this Ishmael?

SlaveDog on January 7, 2012 at 12:52 PM

JellyToast on January 7, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Yep.

kingsjester on January 7, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Ed, how about actually vetting Romney and providing critical analysis of his 57 point economic plan instead of just regurgitating MSM pap about how great Romney is?

Romney is NOT Conservative and it would be the kiss of death for Republicans to vote for the candidate Obama, the Republican elites and the media has chosen.

People are not that stupid…are they?

Sparky5253 on January 7, 2012 at 12:53 PM

ddrintn on January 7, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Rubio knows that obambi has got to go.

VegasRick on January 7, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Rational Thought on January 7, 2012 at 12:38 PM,
I hope Sarah Palin never endorses and leads that revolt against Romney. Nikki Haley campaigning for Romney in New Hampshire, bye bye Nikki.Better New Hampshire than South Carolina. Nikki Haley seems desperate and wants to be Romney’s VP or something.Mitt Romney has a lot more going for him than Will Folks.

CoolChange80 on January 7, 2012 at 12:54 PM

ddrintn on January 7, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Well, I am glad the masses didn’t have your mindset and illogical reasoning back in 1980. By your logic, voters should have rejected Reagan in 1980 because he lost to Ford in 1976, who then lost to Jimmy Carter.

When are you going wake the hell up and realize that the false choice was made in 2008 when the GOP voters nominated John McCain instead of Mitt Romney? One thing you ROMNOTS fail to provide is an alternative who would be a viable opponent to Obama.

Perry, Gingrich, Santorum all come off an ultra-right wing nutjobs that would turn indies off in a heartbeat.

Poll after poll after poll after poll show Romney is the most competitive against Obama, not just nationally but in states that if won, would ensure an Obama defeat: Florida, Michigan, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Nevada, just to name a few.

NO OTHER CANDIDATE COMES CLOSE!

When will YOU wake the hell up?

Firecracker729 on January 7, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Manchester.

Best upscale restaurant and bar, where you might run elbows with New Hampshire’s conservative elite = Hanover Street Chop House for a steak and bourbon. The Chateau is very upscale.

Best bar in general = Murphy’s Tap Room. (across the street from Romney HQ on Elm Street. Most authentic Irish Pub – Shaskeen. Must eat = Red Arrow, a local diner legend. Also partial to Black Brimmer, Stange Brew…

swamp_yankee on January 7, 2012 at 12:55 PM

ddrintn on January 7, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Rush!

KOOLAID2 on January 7, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Rubio knows that obambi has got to go.

VegasRick on January 7, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Well then he should support someone other than Romney.

ddrintn on January 7, 2012 at 12:56 PM

they lie on January 7, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Stay classy.

thebrokenrattle on January 7, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Derry is a typical New England town. New Hampshire and Massachusetts are full of them. Not quite suburbia like a Dallas suburb with strip malls and 8-lane roads, and not rural either. These towns still have functional Main (Central) Streets and lots of small businesses. The roads feel rural and the services and schools feel suburban.

It’s weird that the rest of America think we’re Europe or some Third World country. Feels quintessentially American to me.

haner on January 7, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Without the signs the PaulBots could have been the poster children for the OWSers.

Grammie on January 7, 2012 at 12:59 PM

What a stupid thing to think and say. So I guess no one who has ever lost an election or vote has ever won again? How about Reagan? How about the possibility that an electorate made a mistake, or got fooled?

ParisParamus on January 7, 2012 at 12:59 PM

they lie on January 7, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Just another typical Palin-drone suffering from RDS (Romney Derangement Syndrome).

Firecracker729 on January 7, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Firecracker729 on January 7, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Oh, please. I am SO sick of this Romney-as-Reagan bullshit. In 1980, today’s Mittbot was a Bushie, not a Reaganite.

ddrintn on January 7, 2012 at 12:59 PM

they lie on January 7, 2012 at 12:27 PM

they lie on January 7, 2012 at 12:40 PM

they lie on January 7, 2012 at 12:47 PM

The first quote you sound like a democrat. Second, a fool. Third, a scumbag. Taken all together, you sound like someone who won’t have posting privileges much longer. Hopefully.

almosthandsome on January 7, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Romney’s PC-Not a fighter- also said Obama’s not a bad guy- oh really

MontanaMmmm on January 7, 2012 at 1:01 PM

ParisParamus on January 7, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Reagan came darn close to unseating an INCUMBENT Republican president. Romney lost by a whopping margin to a squishy Senator. Big difference.

ddrintn on January 7, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Nikki’s gonna be mighty pissed off when Mittens chooses Rubio for VP. All that shilling for nothing.

Well not for nothing. The RNC will reward her with something in the future.

Haley 2024!!

angryed on January 7, 2012 at 1:02 PM

It never does. Wait until Palin endorses Romney. “She’s a RINO!!!!!!”

Rational Thought on January 7, 2012 at 12:38 PM

I thought she was irellevent to people like you?

idesign on January 7, 2012 at 1:02 PM

ddrintn on January 7, 2012 at 1:01 PM

But it was Kennedy. Nobody could beat Kennedy in MA. The fact he only lost by 20% is a victory because everyone else who ran against Kennedy lost by 25%.

Now shut up and get with the program. Romney is the nominee, capiche?

- Mittbot X-300

angryed on January 7, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Firecracker729 on January 7, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Well, no one will ever accuse Romney of being right-wing — not with his liberal Democrat record in MA, at least. Look, Obama is going to beat Romney in money, organization, and voter enthusiasm. It is what it is and it’s better we stop deluding ourselves with false “electability” memes.

Punchenko on January 7, 2012 at 1:03 PM

I love the logic in this election as mentioned above and in an earlier comment thread.

Vote for Romney…who lost to McCain….who lost to Obama!

Such a winning strategy.

Sparky5253 on January 7, 2012 at 1:03 PM

ddrintn on January 7, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Man, you are such IDIOT!! That’s NOT the issue!

The issue is that Rush and others make a deeply flawed argument that we should reject Romney because he lost to McCain who lost to Obama.

The SAME EXACT thing happened in 1976 and 1980, Reagan lost to Ford who lost to Carter. Yet, voters were wise enough to nominate Reagan in 1980 despite that.

THAT’S THE ISSUE, YOU MORON! Quit confusing the issue!

Firecracker729 on January 7, 2012 at 1:04 PM

ddrintn on January 7, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Actually he was neither.

As he said in a debate with Kennedy in 1994, “I was an independent during Reagan-Bush. I don’t want to go back to Reagan-Bush”.

angryed on January 7, 2012 at 1:05 PM

angryed on January 7, 2012 at 1:03 PM

No, I’m referring to his annihilation by McCain.

Well not for nothing. The RNC will reward her with something in the future.

Haley 2024!!

angryed on January 7, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Nikki’s already been rewarded. She’s working off campaign debt.

ddrintn on January 7, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Rubio knows that obambi has got to go.

VegasRick on January 7, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Speaking as a constituent of Sen. Rubio, I have asked him to stay out of the nomination process. Since elected Republican officials (NRSC) tried to cut his election off at the knees by endorsing Gov. Crist I hope he will let the people speak.

Cindy Munford on January 7, 2012 at 1:05 PM

One heckler? must be full of Dems with only one conservative there

georgealbert on January 7, 2012 at 1:06 PM

ddrintn on January 7, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Not at all but for you to insinuate that Haley is only supporting Romney because he contributed financially to her in the Republican primary is silly considering she supported him back in 2008. It is entirely possible that she thought he would be a great President then and still believes that today. Just because you changed your mind doesn’t mean everyone should do the same.

GOPRanknFile on January 7, 2012 at 1:06 PM

THAT’S THE ISSUE, YOU MORON! Quit confusing the issue!

Firecracker729 on January 7, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Typical for the Mittbox X-300

angryed on January 7, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Nikki’s already been rewarded. She’s working off campaign debt.

ddrintn on January 7, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Ahh. Well either way, she received her membership into the GOBC (Good Old Boys Club). Well done Nikki.

angryed on January 7, 2012 at 1:07 PM

THAT’S THE ISSUE, YOU MORON! Quit confusing the issue!

Firecracker729 on January 7, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Not confusion…illumination.

Did you guys get together at one of the Mitt fanboy sites and plan your Open Registration Invasion?

kingsjester on January 7, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Man, you are such IDIOT!! That’s NOT the issue!

THAT’S THE ISSUE, YOU MORON! Quit confusing the issue!

Firecracker729 on January 7, 2012 at 1:04 PM

LOL…as I said above, Reagan came THIS close to unseating an — listen carefully — incumbent Republican president. Romney lost BIG to — McCain.

ddrintn on January 7, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Firecracker729 on January 7, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Im a Palinista who’s all in for Romney now so don’t assume we’re all the same. I don’t think they lie is for Palin anyway, his supercynical screen name tells me he hates everyone equally.

thebrokenrattle on January 7, 2012 at 1:09 PM

LOL…Nikki Haley in NH campaigning for Romney. Who coulda seen that coming?

ddrintn on January 7, 2012 at 12:19 PM

The world where reasonable republicans want to win the election.

rubberneck on January 7, 2012 at 1:09 PM

GOPRanknFile on January 7, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Tell the truth. Do you honestly think Haley would be in NH right now if it weren’t for Romney’s contributions to her campaign?

ddrintn on January 7, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Every election Democrats vote for the man/woman they want to be president. People loved Obama in 2008. They wanted him to be president. They worked their asses off for him.

Republicans on the other hand are constantly told to just be good little soldiers and vote for the “R”.

Why can’t our side just once, have an Obama. Someone people want to vote for as opposed to being told over and over vote for the “R” because he’s better than the “D”.?

1984 was the last election when a conservative was happy to vote for a candidate. Ever since then it’s been hold your nose and vote for Bush/Dole/Bush/McCain/Romney because he’s the lesser of two evils.

angryed on January 7, 2012 at 1:10 PM