Video: Jon Huntsman, Manchurian candidate?

posted at 5:09 pm on January 6, 2012 by Allahpundit

No wonder Massachusetts’s biggest paper endorsed him. Zing.

You make the call: Depressing proof of how far some of Paul’s fringiest supporters will go or a false-flag operation designed to make Paul look bad and/or create sympathy for Huntsman? The Paul campaign denounced the clip today as “disgusting” and the candidate himself said this of whoever put it together:

“Of course I disavow him and he shouldn’t do it, because you have one out of how many, a couple hundred thousand, five hundred thousand, I don’t know how many people we have, because one does that, to bring that up just doesn’t sound like a fair thing to do,” Paul said. “Of course I denounce it, I couldn’t even hear it, haven’t looked at it, but people do that, and they do it in all campaigns.”

Paul continued, “So obviously I just disavow him and try to go on and do the thing I’m supposed to do.”

I’ll let you write your own punchline about mysterious authors publishing offensive material on Paul’s behalf. There is a chance, of course, that this really is a false-flag production: Even for a racist appeal, it’s almost comically crude and stupid, especially the photoshop of Huntsman as Mao at the end. You’d have to be a true imbecile, and truly paranoid about Chinese infiltration, not to realize that you’re doing more damage to Paul in posting it than to your alleged target. Plus, if the goal is to raise doubts about Huntsman, why even bother tacking Paul’s name on to the end? Just go about your business of smearing JH and leave no fingerprints. As it is, not only is Paul’s name mentioned in the video, it’s mentioned in the name of the YouTube account too — an account which has uploaded this one clip and nothing else, ever. I’m not saying one of his fans didn’t do it — anyone who enjoyed the “edgier” parts of those newsletters could be capable — but I don’t know how to say definitively that one of them did. Anything can happen on YouTube.

Exit quotation from Huntsman: “What I object to is bringing forward pictures and videos of my adopted daughters and suggesting there is some sinister motive there. I have a daughter from China who was abandoned at two months of age in a vegetable market, picked up by the police and sent to an orphanage. No future, no hope, nothing to look forward to. Now she’s in my family, and she’s one of the greatest human beings I’ve ever known. She’s also, at 12 years old, my senior foreign policy adviser.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

She’s also, at 12 years old, my senior foreign policy adviser.

**blink** what?

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on January 6, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Huntsman’s people made this video. Zero doubt.

Claudin on January 6, 2012 at 5:13 PM

She’s also, at 12 years old, my senior foreign policy adviser.

Aw geez, now I’m starting to like Huntsman. lol

ElectricPhase on January 6, 2012 at 5:13 PM

That was a great exit quotation from Huntsman. He wrung every bit of juice out of this lemon. So good that it makes me wonder if this was in fact a false flag op. If it was, he should have left Paul’s name off of it.

Kataklysmic on January 6, 2012 at 5:16 PM

She’s also, at 12 years old, my senior foreign policy adviser.

Aww, how cute. That’s Goober Huntsman for ya.

NotCoach on January 6, 2012 at 5:16 PM

I didn’t see anythign wrong or offensive about that. Thy didn’t even have much, other than Mike Huntsman speaking Chinese – which he loves to tell people all about.

No, this ad would have been more serious if they had forgone the China stuff and just made it about:

Mike Huntsman, Barky’s Butt Boy in China

Now, that’s how it really is. Because there is nothing more un-American and more dangerous and stupid than the people who allied with the Indonesian Imbecile who is, without any doubt, the only actual America-hater that this nation has ever seen in charge of the Executive – illegally and all, but he’s there just the same … rending the Constitution more with each passing day.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on January 6, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Two words: Ashley Todd.

Paul’s most zealous supporters would stoop even to this.

KingGold on January 6, 2012 at 5:17 PM

You can make a lot of pointy headed costumes out of the skin of one blimp.

BL@KBIRD on January 6, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Paul has mostly reasonable supporters, but he’s also the number one choice of the Alex Jones crowd. So… not really that hard to believe one of them would come up with a goofball conspiracy theory, is it?

RightOFLeft on January 6, 2012 at 5:18 PM

If you think the Book of Mormon is the Word of God, like the Bible… you are not trustworthy

apocalypse on January 6, 2012 at 5:18 PM

A Chicom agent? No.

A way for 0bama/DNC to fool with the republican nomination? You betcha.

Rebar on January 6, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Who is this Chen Huntsman they speak of and why is this relevant to the 2012 GOP primary? I thought Chen Huntsman was a Democrat…

Raquel Pinkbullet on January 6, 2012 at 5:19 PM

She’s also, at 12 years old, my senior foreign policy adviser.

Is Chen Huntsman Jimmy Carter’s long lost son?

Raquel Pinkbullet on January 6, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Huntsman’s people made this video. Zero doubt.

Claudin on January 6, 2012 at 5:13 PM

I kind of think this is what happened.

tetriskid on January 6, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Some of Paul’s supporters really are nuts enough to do this. No reason to think this has to be the work of Jon’s team.

McDuck on January 6, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Oh wow. The only thing I could think while watching this ad was “His name is Jon? All this time, I’ve been spelling it John.”

joekenha on January 6, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Not hard, but suspicion isn’t proof. The clip is so far over the top that it almost seems like it’s trying too hard.

Allahpundit on January 6, 2012 at 5:21 PM

That clip was actually pretty funny. The asian music in the background combined with the obvious over-reaching and jumping to illogical conclusions (a picture where an asian woman is in the same frame as Huntsman = secret mistress!?!?) combined with that ridic painting — I mean I lol’d a few times watching that.

I’m pretty sure this wasnt even meant as a serious attack on Hunstman, more of a YouTube joke.

kmalkows on January 6, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Dont message me

apocalypse on January 6, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Odd because Ron Paul supporters seem to want China to invade texas for some reason.

William Amos on January 6, 2012 at 5:23 PM

McDuck on January 6, 2012 at 5:20 PM

True.

But this video is so bad and over the top… so how does it benefit Ron Paul? It doesn’t.

It would only benefit Huntsman.

tetriskid on January 6, 2012 at 5:23 PM

hmmm, I recall reading where Time Magazine and a few other publications of the times heartily endorsed Mussolini. Reading what passes for editorials vs. objective news in my local paper I have a hard believing they have America’s interests at heart either.

DanMan on January 6, 2012 at 5:23 PM

What a dumb video. Interesting how the first referral of the video was jon2012.com though: http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/9726/68016587.png

limitedgovt on January 6, 2012 at 5:24 PM

The clip is so far over the top that it almost seems like it’s trying too hard.

Allahpundit on January 6, 2012 at 5:21 PM

I still fail to see what anyone finds so “offensive” about this. It called him un-American. Big whoop. Other than that, it was a big nothing.

It’s Hunt’s connection to BHO that is suspicious, not his obssession with China.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on January 6, 2012 at 5:24 PM

You know what I think Allah, I think Chen Huntsman was behind this ad, and for the record I do think Chen Huntsman is a Manchurian Candidate working for team ObaMao.

Raquel Pinkbullet on January 6, 2012 at 5:24 PM

What is missing from this post is the fact in the last 2 weeks the Huntsman camp, the only campaign so far, released 2 Devastating Ads against Ron Paul.

This was retribution from the Paul-cult.

jp on January 6, 2012 at 5:25 PM

This was retribution from the Paul-cult.

jp on January 6, 2012 at 5:25 PM

If true, that’s some sad retribution.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on January 6, 2012 at 5:26 PM

The clip is so far over the top that it almost seems like it’s trying too hard.

Allahpundit on January 6, 2012 at 5:21 PM

After this? It’s like a parody Glenn Beck would throw together of Paul’s views.

amerpundit on January 6, 2012 at 5:26 PM

This. Face it Chen Huntsman is behind this video.

Raquel Pinkbullet on January 6, 2012 at 5:27 PM

No, what it’s suggesting is that he’s some sort of Chinese agent. But I agree, it’s really stupid. Does anyone anywhere think speaking Chinese is proof that you’re a communist?

Allahpundit on January 6, 2012 at 5:27 PM

And the video is despicable, by the way.

amerpundit on January 6, 2012 at 5:28 PM

It would only benefit Huntsman.

tetriskid on January 6, 2012 at 5:23 PM

How does going on Alex Jones nearly weekly help Ron Paul?

How does publishing Crackpot/Racist Newsletters help Ron Paul?

How does claiming Bradley Manning is a “Hero” and “Patriot” help Ron Paul?

How does saying you would put Dennis Kucinich in your cabinet help Ron Paul?

Do we really need to doubt the insanity of Ron Paul and his detestable supporters? They are not, Paul and his supporters both, clear thinking people.

jp on January 6, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Raquel Pinkbullet on January 6, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Yeah, the first referal comes from the Huntsman campaign website… so they were alerted to it pretty early on.

tetriskid on January 6, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Raquel Pinkbullet on January 6, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Based on my understanding of what I am seeing there, that hardly proves that Huntsman was behind the video.

McDuck on January 6, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Huntsman’s people made this video. Zero doubt.

Claudin on January 6, 2012 at 5:13 PM

I kind of think this is what happened.

tetriskid on January 6, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Don’t be ridiculous. Compare the production values of this video to the video song that his daughters made and you will clearly see that there is no comparison to….wait.

Um, well. Nevermind.

Lily on January 6, 2012 at 5:30 PM

A Chicom agent? No.

A way for 0bama/DNC to fool with the republican nomination? You betcha.

Rebar on January 6, 2012 at 5:18 PM

But we’re going need someone to translate all those new Chinese government manuals we’ll be living under soon.
A little red book for all of us.

OTTO on January 6, 2012 at 5:30 PM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on January 6, 2012 at 5:24 PM

We should try him in front of the HUAC. :)

Good Solid B-Plus on January 6, 2012 at 5:30 PM

No, what it’s suggesting is that he’s some sort of Chinese agent.

I got the impression that it was the other way around – that they are saying he WANTS to be a spy for China … but no one in China cares about him, either.

Allahpundit on January 6, 2012 at 5:27 PM

It’s proof that someone had way too much time on his hands …

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on January 6, 2012 at 5:31 PM

After this? It’s like a parody Glenn Beck would throw together of Paul’s views.

amerpundit on January 6, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Like I say, I put nothing past his crazier supporters. But I don’t think the point of the vid you linked was the Chinese are coming. The point was that we shouldn’t be occupying other nations if we don’t like the thought of other nations occupying us. Paul’s foreign policy “golden rule.”

Allahpundit on January 6, 2012 at 5:32 PM

She’s also, at 12 years old, my senior foreign policy adviser.”

Queue the Carter comparisons.

vegconservative on January 6, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Never underestimate the power of stupid.

SlaveDog on January 6, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Allahpundit on January 6, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Paranoid Moral Relativism, not to mention dishonest rhetoric and representation by Paul

jp on January 6, 2012 at 5:33 PM

I have never seen a Ron Paul video, even from random supporters, with such crappy production value.

thphilli on January 6, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Yeah, the first referral comes from the Huntsman campaign website… so they were alerted to it pretty early on.

Isn’t that a strange coincidence that the first referral to the video comes from Chen Huntsman’s campaign website.

Raquel Pinkbullet on January 6, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Raquel Pinkbullet on January 6, 2012 at 5:27 PM

I’m not seeing it on his website, though. Am I just missing it?

amerpundit on January 6, 2012 at 5:35 PM

thphilli on January 6, 2012 at 5:34 PM

No True Scotsman Ronulan.

Good Solid B-Plus on January 6, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Never underestimate the power of stupid.

SlaveDog on January 6, 2012 at 5:32 PM

his actual “BASE” of support are people that listen to Alex Jones daily and believe the NWO/Bildebergers are in process of eliminating 3/4′s of the World’s Population.

If they believe this stuff, and view Huntsman as part of it and attacking dear leader like he has, this video would be a “RATIONAL” response.

We already know they don’t have much a political IQ anyway.

jp on January 6, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Anyone know what Huntsman’s older daughters have been up to recently? I seem to remember their having a penchant for posting rogue YouTube videos beneficial to his campaign.

Fabozz on January 6, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
SlaveDog on January 6, 2012 at 5:32 PM

True. We are speaking Teh Crazy Uncle’s supporters here, after all. People who are bedazzled by the inherent deep thinking of exclamations such as “Winning!”.

whatcat on January 6, 2012 at 5:36 PM

No True Scotsman Ronulan.

Good Solid B-Plus on January 6, 2012 at 5:35 PM

What? Do you even know what the no true Scottsman fallacy is? Had I said “No true Ron Paul fan would ever make a video like that”, then your comment would have made a minuscule amount of sense.

thphilli on January 6, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Flashback to when Paul supporters thought it wise to harrass Rudy Guilani on Ferry and Rudy had to run for cover

jp on January 6, 2012 at 5:38 PM

“Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on January 6, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Huntsman appears to be the sole reason that Mitt is not the least-worst candidate in this field, such as it is, without Ryan or Christie or Daniels. And I know all about the faults of each, and I did not wish this true by magical willpower (I don’t control the weather, either). And so he got — what? — one vote in Iowa?

Rahm or Alexrod or somebody, it seems, figured out that they could take Huntsman out by offering him the Ambassadorship. And it worked.

kunegetikos on January 6, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Raquel Pinkbullet on January 6, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Sorry to burst the lunatic conspiracy bubble, but even if that were the case – here ya go – a link to the same video. You use it to go there from here and then it can only mean it’s a HA conspiracy instead. Think “Rickrolling”.

whatcat on January 6, 2012 at 5:40 PM

thphilli on January 6, 2012 at 5:38 PM

You’re claiming it couldn’t be a Ron Paul fan because no Ron Paul fan would make such a low quality video. Ergo, it must be a fake.

Good Solid B-Plus on January 6, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Hey, might want to check this out Allah:

thphilli on January 6, 2012 at 5:41 PM

I’m not seeing it on his website, though. Am I just missing it?

amerpundit on January 6, 2012 at 5:35 PM

yes you’re missing it, first referral of the video was jon2012.com though: http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/9726/68016587.png

Raquel Pinkbullet on January 6, 2012 at 5:42 PM

You’d have to be a true imbecile, and truly paranoid

The Paultard.

catmman on January 6, 2012 at 5:43 PM

Is it bad that I giggled during the video. Someone missed a chance for comedy gold with a “translation” running at the bottom.

Other than being really funny, it’s horrible for going after his kids. It can be both, can’t it? It’s a swing and a miss for Ron Paul’s fan club.

Fallon on January 6, 2012 at 5:43 PM

whatcat on January 6, 2012 at 5:40 PM

That isn’t what she said.

Please learn how the internet works.

tetriskid on January 6, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Paul supporters are a truly bizarre bunch of miscreants.

Norky on January 6, 2012 at 5:44 PM

“Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on January 6, 2012 at 5:38 PM

I second this motion…

HTnFBCoachnTX1980 on January 6, 2012 at 5:44 PM

The Attraction of Ron Paul to the Mediocre Among Us

re: Paulnuts

jp on January 6, 2012 at 5:45 PM

What bugs me is that whoever made that craptastic video included Mr. Huntsman’s adopted daughters as proof of…what? Underage kids should be off-limits in hit-pieces on a candidate. Period.

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on January 6, 2012 at 5:45 PM

This was not done by a real Paul supporter. For one, Huntsman is no threat for the nomination and two, there is nothing about legalizing reefer.

borntoraisehogs on January 6, 2012 at 5:46 PM

THE MANDARIN CANDIDATE.

reliapundit on January 6, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Please learn how the internet works.

tetriskid on January 6, 2012 at 5:44 PM

The same should be said to those who are claiming that is evidence that it came from the Huntsman camp.

McDuck on January 6, 2012 at 5:47 PM

kunegetikos on January 6, 2012 at 5:39 PM

I agree, and am terrified about this election because of it. I think they knew Hunstman was one of the few people that could take down Obama, and they killed him with kindness. The Democrats are concerned about Mittens, but Obama’s team thinks they can crush him and I am scared they are right.

HTnFBCoachnTX1980 on January 6, 2012 at 5:47 PM

To believe Huntsman did this, over insane far-out Paulnuts, you have to think he would stoop to using his young adopted children in a negative light.

jp on January 6, 2012 at 5:48 PM

HTnFBCoachnTX1980 on January 6, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Yup, I think we are looking at four more years of Obama.

McDuck on January 6, 2012 at 5:49 PM

borntoraisehogs on January 6, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Huntsman just made 2 Negative Campaign Ads focused on Paul. The only candidate to do so.

This was the Paul-cults response.

jp on January 6, 2012 at 5:49 PM

I have no way of knowing who is responsible but I feel confident that Ron Paul himself never would have agreed to such a thing. It’s inconsistent with his ideological makeup.

FloatingRock on January 6, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Mike Huntsman, Barky’s Butt Boy in China.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on January 6, 2012 at 5:17 PM

My God! How DARE that man represent our nation with dignity when the opposition is in power? How DARE he be a respected symbol of the great nation state of America and be an incredibly popular public figure in a semi-hostile nation. Traitor!

(No. I’m not a JH supporter. However, I do find it increasingly annoying when people put a partisan wall up against serving our nation when opposition is in power. Frankly, I think people should be ashamed for doing so.)

dieudonne on January 6, 2012 at 5:50 PM

FloatingRock on January 6, 2012 at 5:50 PM

He just used a Soros funded Leftist hack groups, CREW, to attack Santorum in official campaign ad.

The guy is in bed with the Soros extreme left, always has been.

jp on January 6, 2012 at 5:52 PM

McDuck on January 6, 2012 at 5:47 PM

I never claimed that it came from the Huntsman camp.

I am only looking at the evidence.

Who would benefit?

This video is so bad that it could only create sympathy for Huntsman.

Is a Paulnut dumb enough to do that? I agree, of course they are.

But look at the YouTube referrals.

tetriskid on January 6, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Please learn how the internet works.
tetriskid on January 6, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Since you’ve never heard of being “Rickrolled” (I somehow expect others here will introduce you), I’ll let you indulge in paranoid Paulian-inspired conspiracies.

Wonder if the Paul-crazies figure the joooz were really behind it?

whatcat on January 6, 2012 at 5:53 PM

In 1988, Ron Paul accused the Bush Family of being Drug Dealers in a wild conspiracy theory he campaigned on.

the man is dishonorable.

jp on January 6, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Wonder if the Paul-crazies figure the joooz were really behind it?

whatcat on January 6, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Seriously, how old are you?

Being “rick rolled” or mistakenly clicking on a link is not the same as embedding a video and acting a referrer.

I am not a Ron Paul supporter. I just don’t like ignorance.

By the way… constantly typing “joooz” and inferring that people are antisemites is disgusting.

tetriskid on January 6, 2012 at 5:56 PM

dieudonne on January 6, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Barky is not your run-of-the-mill “opposition”, unless you are talking about opposition to America. ANd, yes, anyone who allied with the Indonesian or helped him carry out his policies in any way (and Mike Huntsman’s job in China was to do NOTHING but carry out Barky’s policies – i.e. Butt Boy) has taken sides against America. Period. End of story.

Have you not been watching what’s happened over the past three years?? How about this week?

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on January 6, 2012 at 5:57 PM

jp on January 6, 2012 at 5:48 PM

How can you deny it? Admit it – confess Huntsman is in league with Mao, Joooz and the coloreds (aka the real 9-11 culprits) to fight against liberty and the Constitution!

whatcat on January 6, 2012 at 5:57 PM

FloatingRock on January 6, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Funny, that.

Nothing this guy as ever done, written, said, had published under his name, been videotaped saying or specifically said during debates or while running for office – is attributable to him.

He didn’t say it. Or write it. Or see it. Or edit it. Or publish it. Or profit from it. Or say who did it.

catmman on January 6, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Jon Huntsman Barack Obama, Manchurian candidate?

VorDaj on January 6, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Minor v. Happerset a decision by SCOTUS in 1875 from a Voting Rights (suffrage for women to vote) case from Missouri in a unanimous decision by all 9 Justices interpreted the concept of a “Natural Born Citizen” as required in Article II Sec. 1 as “a child born to citizen parents”. This decision is controlling precedent and upheld in Ex Parte Lockwood 20 years later when it referenced Minor as “this court held” it does not get more specific than that. Many argue that the 14th Amendment supersedes this decision, however the decision by SCOTUS in Ex Parte Lockwood was twenty years after Minor long after the 14th Amendment’s ratification, yet they cite Minor!

The Constitution and SCOTUS is clear on this issue it is our Legislators, Politicians and Judges that are afraid of being tarred with the BRUSH of racism instead of performing their Constitutional duties to rid this Nation of this usurper and piranha! The people are left to wonder what it is that we have done to be abandoned so callously by our entire system and left to the vagaries of the Political Class heaping such abuse upon us. My belief is that regardless of whether they are a Republican or Democrat they advocate for a Political Class that keeps them in POWER and the People and Constitution be Damned as grist for their mill and and a source of tax revenues for them to PLUNDER at our expense.

VorDaj on January 6, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Musta been the Jooooooos.

catmman on January 6, 2012 at 5:58 PM

As Elaine would say,

Fake, fake, fake, fake, fake!

iamse7en on January 6, 2012 at 5:59 PM

whatcat on January 6, 2012 at 5:57 PM

I admit that I think you are in league with Bozo the Clown.

VorDaj on January 6, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Joooz

whatcat on January 6, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Dere is something wrong with your bowels. Jour bowels! The way you say your “ah”, your “ee”, and your… “joooz”.

VorDaj on January 6, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Supporters or whoever make stupid and over the top videos all the time over the intertubes for or against all the candidates. Why is this news? If a Santorum supporter makes anti gay ads is this news? If a supposed Newt supporter puts Obama in a racist light is that news? No because these people are no way aligned with the campaign and that’s like associating a candidate to a anonymous blog commenter.

I also find it interesting that this comes out as Huntsman seems to be stepping up is video ad campaign, but whatever.

LevStrauss on January 6, 2012 at 6:05 PM

UGH!

I will be very glad when Dr. Kookoobananas Ron Paul leaves the political arena for good…Sheeesh!

workingclass artist on January 6, 2012 at 6:07 PM

tetriskid on January 6, 2012 at 5:56 PM

When you’ve gained some experience online – and been rickrolled a few times – you’ll understand how things work on the internet a bit more. e.g. I can anonymously send you or anyone anywhere on the internet anytime via public forums. It’s incredibly easy to anonymously to paste links and videos, which will indeed make whatever the site the link/video is linked from the “referring site”. Perhaps this page will assist in explaining it to you – note what it says at the top of the page:
About.com – Referring Site

whatcat on January 6, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Oh and this also comes out four days before Huntsman’s campaign is over. He needs some kind of story, I think he’s trying to do another “A FOXNEWS personality made fun of Santorum bring home and hanging out with his dead infant, and then it became a big story on…FOXNEWS, went viral as Hannity interviewed all the candidates on the same day he was endorsed by Rupert Murdoch.”

The who manufactured “baby corpse” incident was at least imaginative and made for good TV. This Huntsman ad and the Gringrich tears not so much. Huntsman drops out on Wednesday anyway so who cares.

LevStrauss on January 6, 2012 at 6:10 PM

She’s also, at 12 years old, my senior foreign policy adviser.

…and her name is Amy Carter.”

JohnGalt23 on January 6, 2012 at 6:11 PM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on January 6, 2012 at 5:57 PM

An ambassador does not represent a president, a party, or an ideology. An ambassador represents the nation as a whole and the will of the people of America. This has been a key understanding of what an ambassador is for centuries now. It’s part of the basis for diplomatic immunity. He served our nation honorably and was a widely respected representative of America in a semi-hostile nation.

dieudonne on January 6, 2012 at 6:11 PM

If anyone wonders why the world calls them Paulnuts, here’s the answer. Someone truly insane and stupid did this. Dragging someone’s children into a smear is appalling.

Philly on January 6, 2012 at 6:13 PM

dieudonne on January 6, 2012 at 6:11 PM

An ambassador is the Executive’s mouthpiece in a foreign nation. Whose policy do you think ambassadors are supposed to carry out?

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on January 6, 2012 at 6:14 PM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on January 6, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Not really – the state department does most of the work leaving the ambassador to handle (primarily) *state* functions where he represents our nation – not the president. He stands for the best interests of America and relays information back that isn’t filtered through the state department. There’s a long history of state dept. officials and presidents fighting with ambassadors.

dieudonne on January 6, 2012 at 6:18 PM

About.com – Referring Site

whatcat on January 6, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Yeah… You’re right.

The Jon Hunstman campaign was secretly rick rolled by this video on 1/4/12 and then decided to send it out to even more people before anybody else even saw it.

That makes a whole lot of sense.

Also -1 for using About.com as a serious source.

tetriskid on January 6, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Also -1 for using About.com as a serious source.

tetriskid on January 6, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Meh. It’s near the top when you google that phrase. (Possibly the top if you haven’t black marked them the way I have.) Laziness when doing other peoples research is no great sin.

dieudonne on January 6, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Oy. Who presides over American foreign policy? The Chief Justice? The House? I can’t remember …

He stands for the best interests of America

Huh? He carries out policy that is dictated to him. Where this policy comes from … we have not yet been able to nail down, exactly. I think it’s the National Guard that handles foreign policy. Good thing they are on the Joint Chiefs, now.

dieudonne on January 6, 2012 at 6:18 PM

If they fight enough, the ambassador just loses his job. The SPCA can just recall him and fire him, as they run our foreign policy, I think.

Dude.