Obama administration eases rules to allow illegal immigrants to apply for legal status

posted at 8:40 pm on January 6, 2012 by Tina Korbe

The Obama administration today announced a move that will make it easier for illegal immigrants to remain in the country while their applications for legal status are processed. It’s the sort of policy that appeals to those who’ve heard heartbreaking stories of familial separation related to illegal immigration — and to voters Obama knows he needs. From The Washington Times:

The Obama administration on Friday proposed new hardship rules that would make it easier for illegal immigrants to apply for legal status and stay in the country if they have a spouse or parent already living here legally. …

Homeland Security officials, who announced the change in the Federal Register, said the change only applies when an illegal immigrant has a family member living in the U.S. legally and who would be subject to “hardship” if they were separated from each other.

Under the current system, it takes an average of six months for the government to judge waiver cases, and illegal immigrant applicants are required to go home during that period. The new rule means the illegal immigrant can stay in the U.S. during the adjudication period.

Townhall.com’s Erika Johnsen puts this politically-motivated move into perspective:

In looking over their campaign portfolio for recent presidential-victory pitches, the Obama camp must’ve lately realized that they don’t have too much to tout. Hence, it appears that they’re stepping it up with the executive fiat so they can keep sticking it to those darn obstructionist Republicans. Earlier this week, Obama made “bold” “recess”-appointments to the NLRB and CFPB, in an attempt to appeal to big labor and the ‘middle class’; and announced his plans to implement defense cuts with a military restructuring, so he can appeal to the liberal base clamoring for cuts in defense spending instead of addressing entitlement spending, and act like he gives a hoot about the mounting deficit at the same time. But, of course, he’d be remiss if he didn’t have a giftwrapped talking point to present to Latino voters, too.

As with Obama’s announcement of thousands of summer jobs, though, this pitch sounds better than it is. The surging Rick Santorum has ably made the point before: It shouldn’t be easier to immigrate here illegally than it is to immigrate here legally.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!!!! So let’s ease up the retrictions on immigraton from Mexico!!! They aren’t trying to bomb ANYTHING!!!!!

WryTrvllr on January 6, 2012 at 9:48 PM

AS$HOLE.

cane_loader on January 6, 2012 at 9:52 PM

“Sotero – Destroyer of Constitutions.”

Brought to you by the Soros Equality Foundation.

antipc on January 6, 2012 at 9:52 PM

I halfway expect this man with the next few months to just sign a exceptive order.It will say i hereby ban and dissolve the congress and the courts and give myself all powers to run the country as i see fit.Don,t laugh he think,s that he,s actually the one.

logman1 on January 6, 2012 at 9:52 PM

I’m gonna watch this one.

This is the most pernicious troll that got in.

All it can do is throw its body on the gears, a la Savio, and that’s what it’s here to do.

cane_loader on January 6, 2012 at 9:54 PM

You are the most dangerous poster that got in.

If we were arguing this in person, we would probably come to blows, due to your offensive over-education.

I hope you are targeted for nonstop rebuttal.

cane_loader on January 6, 2012 at 9:50 PM

His is a life so low that all other lots he envies. Thoughts of reason and justice both scorn him. Ignore him, look ahead and pass him by.

VorDaj on January 6, 2012 at 9:54 PM

cane_loader on January 6, 2012 at 9:19 PM

I remember as a kid hearing about Buddhist monks in VietNam setting fire to themselves, seeing tape on TV of red robes going up in orange flames. I didn’t understand why people would do that then. I think I understand now even if the reason is different. This country is being fundamentally transformed to suit people who hate it.

Shay on January 6, 2012 at 9:55 PM

LAWS?…WHAT LAWS?….
We enforce what weeeeeeeee want to enforce!
(caption under nose…in picture)

KOOLAID2 on January 6, 2012 at 9:55 PM

WryTrvllr on January 6, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Last I knew there was nothing stopping Mexicans from ringing the doorbell and coming in the front door.

And no, Mexicans aren’t bombing us but the ones here illegally are breaking our laws and many are committing violent crimes, raising the cost of healthcare, forcing hospitals to close, increasing education and law enforcement costs, polluting our southern border and on and on…

hopeful on January 6, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Spare me.

WryTrvllr on January 6, 2012 at 9:51 PM

I have only so many moments to spare for a piffle and you have had your allotment.

VorDaj on January 6, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Saves me half the price of a decent vacation, seeing as I’m never gonna see the pyramids.

WryTrvllr on January 6, 2012 at 9:44 PM

They have pyramids in Mexico. You’ll love it. Have a good life down there. Don’t call us to come back, we’ll call you …

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on January 6, 2012 at 9:56 PM

People like you – overthinkers – have betrayed us all.

cane_loader on January 6, 2012 at 9:38 PM

No. It’s the underthinkers, and excess TV watchers, who have betrayed us. You know this to be the case.

WryTrvllr on January 6, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Ok. Who does more damage to America. Mexican lawn cutters/dish washers/short order cooks?…….or….OWS morons?

WryTrvllr

Idiots like you do more damage to this country than anyone.

xblade on January 6, 2012 at 9:58 PM

This country is being fundamentally transformed to suit people who hate it.

Shay on January 6, 2012 at 9:55 PM

This.

squint on January 6, 2012 at 9:59 PM

VorDaj on January 6, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Hey, Daj, remind me to tell you about the time my coworker wanted me to take his cousin in cashmir as a second wife.

WryTrvllr on January 6, 2012 at 10:00 PM

WryTrvllr on January 6, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Yeeeaaah..mexicans are just trying to bring and sell drugs, commit petty crimes like murders and rapes and armed robberies, steal some cars and pee on sidewalks and break in to other people’s homes and bank accounts, and steal SS# and IDs and drive drunk without valid DLs to transport drugs and hookrz and get loans and credit cards on stolen IDs and use multiple IDs and SS# to get welfare and food-stamps and trash public property and……but …they…are…not….trying …to …bomb…anything…except for people like Jose Padilla

burrata on January 6, 2012 at 10:00 PM

WryTrvllr on January 6, 2012 at 10:00 PM

So he tried to pass barney Frank off as his cousin. How long did it take you to figure out that you had been duped? Or have you not figured it out yet?

RasThavas on January 6, 2012 at 10:03 PM

This country is being fundamentally transformed to suit people who hate it.

Shay on January 6, 2012 at 9:55 PM

and Romney still won’t call Obama a socialist …how niiiiice !

burrata on January 6, 2012 at 10:05 PM

WE’RE NOT!!!

Even Romulus Augustus knew this. If he hadn’t played politics, and allowed time for the goths (who made up most of the military by that time) to acclimatize, Rome would never have collapsed. (453 is a very arbitrary date!!!!!)

WryTrvllr on January 6, 2012 at 9:23 PM

What are you saying??

I gotta tell you – you’re speaking in code, and I can’t understand you.

Either you are really educated, or drunk, or just different. I’m not slamming you – I am honestly saying that I don’t understand ANY of your comments!

Could you please use more words to help me along?

cane_loader on January 6, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Weekly Gardasil shots!…. the last month or so….directly into the head!

KOOLAID2 on January 6, 2012 at 10:06 PM

WoW-The agony of HOTGAS faithful …believing everything you read without digging deeper…one friend once told me I only watch foxnews and talk radio…

This news is nothing new….undocumented / illegals have always been allowed to apply for green card if they marry or have family that can adopt them

residentblue on January 6, 2012 at 10:11 PM

They have built for themselves a wonderful country in Mexico, so they should just stay there and be happy.

VorDaj on January 6, 2012 at 9:50 PM

So too, should you have.

Looks like O’bozo will definitely be winning this round.

WryTrvllr on January 6, 2012 at 10:13 PM

All Barry has ever done is PANDER. Maybe we should change His Worship’s title to Pimp-in-Chief.

GarandFan on January 6, 2012 at 10:16 PM

WryTrvllr on January 6, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Both. You and the underthinkers.

I think you know what you’re doing, intellectually.

If not, all joking aside, you are the most screwed-up poster I have seen here since open registration. If you really believe what you are saying, I want to make sure that you understand that people with your cant on life are destroying the country I was born into.

If you think you’re an American, you’re not, Constitutionally speaking.

You can’t be a detached talking head, talk your unrealistic line, and be upset when the country collapses under you.

Your thinking is the problem.

Your comments are treasonous.

cane_loader on January 6, 2012 at 10:17 PM

WryTrvllr on January 6, 2012 at 9:48 PM

burrata on January 6, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Or Johnny Walker. Your point???

WryTrvllr on January 6, 2012 at 10:17 PM

As Barry grows more desperate his gambits will become more outrageous.

Blanket presidential amnesty and immediate citizenship to all illegals who can prove they’ve here more than one year?

And instant voter registration to boot.

profitsbeard on January 6, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Gotta go.

Got us a troll here of the worst kind.

Grima Wormtongue.

Stomp it until it’s dead.

If that fails, then GAZE.

cane_loader on January 6, 2012 at 10:20 PM

This man is not a fool and has made few mistakes politically. He’s managed to make everyone on the right look like a fool. Of course, he’s got practically the entire Fourth Estate as his personal propaganda machine, a tight-knit democratic planning cadre and Hollywood-style promotion. It’s amazing what you can accomplish after a hundred years of social engineering.

LizardLips on January 6, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Or Johnny Walker. Your point???

WryTrvllr on January 6, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Johnny Walker wanted to bomb our country ? Is that what you have been told ?

burrata on January 6, 2012 at 10:22 PM

WryTrvllr on January 6, 2012 at 9:57 PM
Both. You and the underthinkers.

I think you know what you’re doing, intellectually.

If you think you’re an American, you’re not, Constitutionally speaking.

Your thinking is the problem.

Your comments are treasonous.

cane_loader on January 6, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Well, I did say I don’t call names. My dad grew up in Pitt, a steeler. My mom a textiler in Pawtucket. You, however, are utterly clueless. 16 trillion. Yeah!!! Lets make it 17.

WryTrvllr on January 6, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Johnny Walker wanted to bomb our country ? Is that what you have been told ?

burrata on January 6, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Ok. You got me there. I forget his last name. He was from California.

Gotta go. (I have a job even Mexicans won’t do)

Careful what you wish for.

WryTrvllr on January 6, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Oh…Ps

Cane Loader

I have 3 kids I worry about. How bout the rest of you?

WryTrvllr on January 6, 2012 at 10:31 PM

A country without secure borders is like a body without secure skin.

Prey to all opportunistic invaders.

Obama and his post-American ilk are like a political AIDS virus destroying the Constitutional immunity of the body politic.

profitsbeard on January 6, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Ok. You got me there. I forget his last name. He was from California.
Gotta go. (I have a job even Mexicans won’t do)
Careful what you wish for.

WryTrvllr on January 6, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Sooo..I’m guessing you’re OK with mexicans coming here to breed anchor babies as well as to bring and sell drugs, commit petty crimes like murders and rapes and armed robberies, steal cars and pee on sidewalks and break in to other people’s homes and bank accounts, and steal SS# and IDs and drive drunk without valid DLs to transport drugs and hookrz and get loans and credit cards on stolen IDs and use multiple IDs and SS# to get welfare and food-stamps and trash public property…etc., right ?

burrata on January 6, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Shay on January 6, 2012 at 9:55 PM

I’m not sure why, but your statement really captures it! Well said.

JeffVader on January 6, 2012 at 11:19 PM

posted at 8:40 pm on January 6, 2012 by Tina KorbeThe Obama administration today announced a move that will make it easier for illegal immigrants to remain in the country while their applications for legal status are processed. It’s the sort of policy that appeals to those who’ve heard heartbreaking stories of familial separation related to illegal immigration — and to voters Obama knows he needs. From The Washington Times:
In looking over their campaign portfolio for recent presidential-victory pitches, the Obama camp must’ve lately realized that they don’t have too much to tout. Hence, it appears that they’re stepping it up with the executive fiat so they can keep sticking it to those darn obstructionist Republicans. Earlier this week, Obama made “bold” “recess”-appointments to the NLRB and CFPB, in an attempt to appeal to big labor and the ‘middle class’; and announced his plans to implement defense cuts with a military restructuring, so he can appeal to the liberal base clamoring for cuts in defense spending instead of addressing entitlement spending, and act like he gives a hoot about the mounting deficit at the same time. But, of course, he’d be remiss if he didn’t have a giftwrapped talking point to present to Latino voters, too.
Tags: amnesty, Barack Obama, illegal immigration, immigration, political pandering, reelection effort
Note from Hot Air management: This section is for comments from Hot Air’s community of registered readers. Please don’t assume that Hot Air management agrees with or otherwise endorses any particular comment just because we let it stand. A reminder: Anyone who fails to comply with our terms of use may lose their posting privilege.

Comments
Comment pages: « Previous 1 2

“Sotero – Destroyer of Constitutions.”

Brought to you by the Soros Equality Foundation.

antipc on January 6, 2012 at 9:52 PM

logman1 on January 6, 2012 at 9:52 PM

I’m gonna watch this one.

This is the most pernicious troll that got in.

cane_loader on January 6, 2012 at 9:54 PM

You are the most dangerous poster that got in.

I hope you are targeted for nonstop rebuttal.

cane_loader on January 6, 2012 at 9:50 PM

VorDaj on January 6, 2012 at 9:54 PM

cane_loader on January 6, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Shay on January 6, 2012 at 9:55 PM

LAWS?…WHAT LAWS?….
We enforce what weeeeeeeee want to enforce!
(caption under nose…in picture)

KOOLAID2 on January 6, 2012 at 9:55 PM

WryTrvllr on January 6, 2012 at 9:48 PM

hopeful on January 6, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Spare me.

WryTrvllr on January 6, 2012 at 9:51 PM

VorDaj on January 6, 2012 at 9:56 PM

WryTrvllr on January 6, 2012 at 9:44 PM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on January 6, 2012 at 9:56 PM

People like you – overthinkers – have betrayed us all.

cane_loader on January 6, 2012 at 9:38 PM

WryTrvllr on January 6, 2012 at 9:57 PM

WryTrvllr
Idiots like you do more damage to this country than anyone.

xblade on January 6, 2012 at 9:58 PM

This country is being fundamentally transformed to suit people who hate it.

Shay on January 6, 2012 at 9:55 PM
This.

squint on January 6, 2012 at 9:59 PM

VorDaj on January 6, 2012 at 9:56 PM

WryTrvllr on January 6, 2012 at 10:00 PM

WryTrvllr on January 6, 2012 at 9:48 PM

burrata on January 6, 2012 at 10:00 PM

WryTrvllr on January 6, 2012 at 10:00 PM

RasThavas on January 6, 2012 at 10:03 PM

This country is being fundamentally transformed to suit people who hate it.

Shay on January 6, 2012 at 9:55 PM
and Romney still won’t call Obama a socialist …how niiiiice !

burrata on January 6, 2012 at 10:05 PM

WE’RE NOT!!!

WryTrvllr on January 6, 2012 at 9:23 PM

What are you saying??

I gotta tell you – you’re speaking in code, and I can’t understand you.

Could you please use more words to help me along?

cane_loader on January 6, 2012 at 9:27 PM
Weekly Gardasil shots!…. the last month or so….directly into the head!

KOOLAID2 on January 6, 2012 at 10:06 PM

residentblue on January 6, 2012 at 10:11 PM

VorDaj on January 6, 2012 at 9:50 PM
So too, should you have.

Looks like O’bozo will definitely be winning this round.

WryTrvllr on January 6, 2012 at 10:13 PM

GarandFan on January 6, 2012 at 10:16 PM

WryTrvllr on January 6, 2012 at 9:57 PM
Both. You and the underthinkers.

I think you know what you’re doing, intellectually.

If you think you’re an American, you’re not, Constitutionally speaking.

Your thinking is the problem.

Your comments are treasonous.

cane_loader on January 6, 2012 at 10:17 PM

WryTrvllr on January 6, 2012 at 9:48 PM

burrata on January 6, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Or Johnny Walker. Your point???
WryTrvllr on January 6, 2012 at 10:17 PM

As Barry grows more desperate his gambits will become more outrageous.

And instant voter registration to boot.

profitsbeard on January 6, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Gotta go.

Got us a troll here of the worst kind.

Grima Wormtongue.

Stomp it until it’s dead.

If that fails, then GAZE.

cane_loader on January 6, 2012 at 10:20 PM

LizardLips on January 6, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Or Johnny Walker. Your point???

WryTrvllr on January 6, 2012 at 10:17 PM
Johnny Walker wanted to bomb our country ? Is that what you have been told ?

burrata on January 6, 2012 at 10:22 PM

WryTrvllr on January 6, 2012 at 9:57 PM
Both. You and the underthinkers.

I think you know what you’re doing, intellectually.

If you think you’re an American, you’re not, Constitutionally speaking.

Your thinking is the problem.

Your comments are treasonous.

cane_loader on January 6, 2012 at 10:17 PM

WryTrvllr on January 6, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Johnny Walker wanted to bomb our country ? Is that what you have been told ?

burrata on January 6, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Ok. You got me there. I forget his last name. He was from California.

Gotta go. (I have a job even Mexicans won’t do)

Careful what you wish for.
WryTrvllr on January 6, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Oh…Ps

Cane Loader

I have 3 kids I worry about. How bout the rest of you?

WryTrvllr on January 6, 2012 at 10:31 PM

A country without secure borders is like a body without secure skin.

Prey to all opportunistic invaders.

profitsbeard on January 6, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Ok. You got me there. I forget his last name. He was from California.
Gotta go. (I have a job even Mexicans won’t do)
Careful what you wish for.

WryTrvllr on January 6, 2012 at 10:27 PM

burrata on January 6, 2012 at 10:34 PM

You dolt. You just decscribe a couple of my nephews/nieces to a T. Oh, I said I wouldn’t call names.

WryTrvllr on January 7, 2012 at 12:38 AM

I swear, I didn’t do all that.

WryTrvllr on January 7, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Technically OT, but still derived from the thread’s comments:

There is no better display of the damage that passions can do to a person’s soul than to watch the “evolution” of the interchange between WryTrvllr (alleged troll) and cane_loader (self portrayed as an average U.S. citizen).
It all started as a seemengly inocuous request for clarification of “cryptic” comments; then, it quickly evolved into accusations of over education; for a moment it appeared to end in a stalemate between two, equally matched acerbic wits; however, it tragically ended in unadulterated vitriol spewing on the part of one of them.
The sad part of the whole development is that, cane_loader’s conversion to the “Dark Side” was done by the alleged troll without the need for him to resort to obscene words.

The hardest form of control is self control…

******************

On an unrelated observation; I was surprised to see that only one guy came out in fire and brimstone mode (asking for iron branding and who knows what other “niceties” he might have deemed better not to put on writting).

APasserBy on January 7, 2012 at 1:46 AM

What?????

Being a troll was fun.

There goes my fifteen minutes…..

WryTrvllr on January 7, 2012 at 2:50 AM

Being a troll was fun.

There goes my fifteen minutes…..

WryTrvllr on January 7, 2012 at 2:50 AM

Just to clarify, I said “alleged…”, in order to imply that I was not necessarily agreeing with the label; but rather that that’s what you were called by others on this post.

You still can have many, many more fifteen minute blocks, as long as you keep up the good… words. Nasty labels will rise the odds of you being left out in the cold by the “censors” (the site’s owners).

One final tip: If you see articles whose subject are fallen heroes; save yourself the trouble; don’t try to post dissenting opinion there. Such threads always are emotionally supercharged and, under those conditions, dissent (even without “bad” words) is not well tolerated.

Cheers!

APasserBy on January 7, 2012 at 3:39 AM

Mexico is transferring a significant portion of its poor to the United States. Illegal immigration is wreaking havoc on the border states. Much of southern California is now an unrecognizable slum. It’s a depressing thing to witness.

I don’t blame the illegal aliens. Who wouldn’t come to the US if there were jobs and free benefits to be had… and no real price to pay for breaking the law? I blame the idiots who refuse to secure the border. Don’t give up the fight! Obama must go.

bluegill on January 7, 2012 at 6:25 AM

Look. I’ll try this again. The long term consequences of closing off immigration from Mexico are as follows.

1. An increasingly poor country with an ever increasing population (last I heard some 90 million and that was several years ago) on our border. Not a good security system. Soon we have to militarize the border.

2. As our birthrates decline, the behemoth entitlement system created by the liberal morons causes birthrates to plummet even faster with fewer people paying into the ponzi scheme. ie. NO HOPE of ever climbing out of this fiscal insanity.

3. No sane person would allow No. 2 to happen, which means increased immigration from the only area the UN predicts population growth in…..The middle east. Guess what happens when they make up 51% of the population here??

Look at what is happening in Germany. They get all their immigration from Turkey (again because the entitlement system there made it too expensive to have kids) In 20 years, They are screwed.

We should be THANKING OUR LUCKY STARS we have a nation immediately to our south that can provide us a steady flow of immigrants that, let’s be honest, can assimilate better than any other choice out there!!!!

But you do have one valid point. Everyone named Fernando must go. I mean, I get Pedro (peter), Carlos (charles), Alejandro (alex), Jorge (george) etc, etc, etc. But Fernando??? Seriously, they have to go.

WryTrvllr on January 7, 2012 at 7:25 AM

And yes, Obama MUST go too.

WryTrvllr on January 7, 2012 at 7:27 AM

On principle, I’m not opposed to making green cards easier to get. One of the big drivers for illegal immigration is under-the-table jobs where employers hire illegals for low wages to skirt minimum wage laws, taxes, and state/federal regulations.

If green cards are easier to get, not only do we know who is here, but it evens the playing field so immigrants are competing with Americans for jobs under the same rules. In other words, if there are more immigrants with green cards, there will be fewer of them willing to work “off the books” – and fewer of them willing to cross the border illegally to pick oranges and tomatos for a pittance.

Of course, Obama is likely doing this for purely political purposes…but, generally speaking, I have no objection to people coming here, so long as we know who they are and they aren’t a burden on the taxpayer.

DRayRaven on January 7, 2012 at 8:05 AM

There is nothing at all wrong with this. What the hell is wrong with making it easier to become legalized? Nothing.

ernesto on January 7, 2012 at 10:42 AM

ernesto on January 7, 2012 at 10:42 AM

It is very understandable that people would be upset that our government, who is supposed to protect our borders, is only making it more attractive to come here illegally.

Say I have a questions for you…..

CW on January 7, 2012 at 11:10 AM

It took several hundred dollars & a stack of paperwork 5″ high to get my wife here legally.
Obama would rather she’d just hide in somebody’s car trunk across the border.

itsnotaboutme on January 6, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Uh, it took me several thousand dollars and that 6″ stack of paperwork to get my wife here and I am a natural born citizen not just ‘someone here legally’ (i.e. anyone with some kind of visa, maybe).

It was a royal PITA but we did it the legal way. Didn’t anticipate the little Emperor and his fiats…

CorporatePiggy on January 7, 2012 at 11:14 AM

WryTrvllr on January 6, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Mexican invaders illegally in the United States.

VorDaj on January 6, 2012 at 9:36 PM

At least the invaders are providing useful services.

unclesmrgol on January 7, 2012 at 11:14 AM

I was pulled over once and cited for no insurance, because I had let it lapse. (The officer only gave me a verbal warning for the speeding part…) Then, the court clerk let me off the hook with a small fine after I purchased insurance.

I’m happy to extend amnesty for misdemeanors to anyone else who broke the law but seeks to acquire the proper paperwork.

adamcr on January 7, 2012 at 12:11 PM

adamcr on January 7, 2012 at 12:11 PM

You see, that would require us to treat undocumented immigrants as human beings.

ernesto on January 7, 2012 at 12:25 PM

ernesto on January 7, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Nothing IF they have specific and particular skills we need. If we’re allowing unskilled/low-skilled illegals to become citizens to then compete with our already-unemployed citizens at ~11% unemployment (~20% for blacks, 50%+ for black youth) then we’re idiots.

rogerb on January 7, 2012 at 1:20 PM

rogerb on January 7, 2012 at 1:20 PM

So you don’t know about all those dozens and dozens of Nobel Prize winners being churned out in the welfare ghettos called barrios ?
How about all those thousands of doctors, engineers, geneticists and hi-tech professionals who have been raised exclusively on taxpayer funded freebies because they were mealtickets for their parents ?
They are all out there, we just need to see them !

burrata on January 7, 2012 at 4:16 PM

This kind of stuff by Obummer makes me very mad. My husband and I adopted two children from Russian orphanages. We spent thousands of dollars and had to submit many stacks of paperwork in triplicate. We had to prove that we could support the children, had adequate housing, and could provide them with health care. And one of the last things we had to do was submit sworn statements that we would never enroll the children in Medicaid. Yet all these illegal aliens have to do is sneak into our country and they get food stamps, education, medical care, health care, welfare payments and all kinds of other “free stuff” paid for by those of us who still work and pay taxes. It’s not right.

sherrimae on January 7, 2012 at 8:38 PM

rogerb on January 7, 2012 at 1:20 PM

You’d think that I’d be able to hire a black gardener. Haven’t seen one. When I look at the entrances to Home Depot, I don’t see black laborers. I have a strange feeling that there aren’t any — that actual physical work is too much like what their ancestors endured as slaves.

I see lots of blacks doing upper blue collar stuff and white collar stuff, but I don’t think they want to do back-breaking labor any more. That’s left to the illegals.

unclesmrgol on January 7, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Obama knows We the people do not want this. The Dream Act did not make it so he is doing little pieces at a time. A Congress, we don’t need no sticking Congress, I will just do it because I am the President!!!!

old war horse on January 9, 2012 at 7:00 AM