Anonymous: Obama’s a terrorist. Oh, and free Bradley Manning.

posted at 12:05 pm on January 6, 2012 by Jazz Shaw

Hacker group “Anonymous” apparently has a bone to pick with Barack Obama – among others – over his signing of the National Defense Authorization Act. (NDAA) Not satisfied with stealing people’s credit card information or shutting down the ebb and flow of commerce, the high tech geeks have decided to indict the president on charges of … something or other .. in a virtual world court.

…the group issued a message calling President Barack Obama and co-authors of National Defence Authorization Act (NDAA) “terrorists.” Anonymous demands that the president resign because he has no right or authority to implement a bill that violates the Constitution of the American people and the group vowed to remove the corrupt leaders from government and says, “We The People! Veto” the president’s NDAA decision.

“We The People! Veto your decision to implement the National Defense Authorization Act,” states Anonymous in a Jan. 3 written and recorded statement via a Youtube video to perpetrators who voted for the NDAA.

“The National Defense Authorization Act is a direct violation to the United States constitution,” Anonymous states.

Anonymous’ says that President Obama and his “co defendants” Senators John McCain, Joe Leiberman and Linsey Grahma are terrorists.

Oh, and they’d like their hero, accused traitor Bradley Manning, released immediately and recognized for his “heroic” work.

Anonymous also demands immediate release of Private First Class Bradley Manning, commending his proving that the U.S. government is corrupt and condemning U.S. war crime cover ups.

Of course, what Obama’s accusers inconveniently ignore is that fact that Obama issued a signing statement along with the NDAA. The applicable portion reads thusly:

“I want to clarify that my Administration will not authorize the indefinite military detention without trial of American citizens. Indeed, I believe that doing so would break with our most important traditions and values as a Nation.”

Of course, this was the same president who – as a candidate – had repeatedly trashed his predecessor’s use of signing statements. But pay no attention to that. I believe he also had something to say about Bush’s use of recess appointments, until he found himself on the other end of the stick. Then he had to send out poor Jay Carney to cite Bush as a glowing example of the legality of such actions.

I don’t know what Anonymous is raging against, precisely. The baseline is that political protest is fine when it’s done legally. When you employ high tech hijacking to make your point, you’re nothing more than a terrorist yourself. Pot.. meet kettle.

Here’s the video of Anonymous issuing their charges for your lunchtime entertainment.

Comments

Let’s pay as much attention to OWS as they deserve.

Akzed on January 6, 2012 at 12:07 PM

“Anonymous” can go soak their collective heads.

KS Rex on January 6, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Let’s pay as much attention to OWS as they deserve.

Nevermind.

Akzed on January 6, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Recess appointment Of new POTUS?

they lie on January 6, 2012 at 12:08 PM

I used to like Anonymous when they stuck to things everyone could enjoy, like taking a dump on Scientology.

Now they’re just morons. The President is many things but he’s not a terrorist.

Also, Bradley Manning should be lined up against a wall and shot.

Red Cloud on January 6, 2012 at 12:08 PM

OWS: a model of civility.

Roymunson on January 6, 2012 at 12:09 PM

The Mexican Cartels showed what Anonymous is made of, pasty white little geeks, hiding in their mom’s basement, who back down when the going gets tough.

NoDonkey on January 6, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Let’s lean up against them and pooh!

KOOLAID2 on January 6, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Unless you are bible clinging gun toting conservatives. I feel so much better about this now/sarc

FLconservative on January 6, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Unless they disagree with him or speak out publicly against him, or if compelled by events do more than that. In which case he will be delighted to use this power.

Make no mistake.

dogsoldier on January 6, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Enjoy winter folks.
Spring and summer, these fools will run interference for Barry. Their antics will help Obama appear “center” and reasonable by comparison.

Mimzey on January 6, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Anonymous is obviously racist for calling Obama a terrorist and someone who does not believe in the rule of law in the Bradley Manning case. If Manning did what he is accused of, and I think he is, he should be put away for a long, long time.

SC.Charlie on January 6, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Anonymous: I WWEBSITE AS ON THE INTERNET

JackForce on January 6, 2012 at 12:14 PM

OTOH, it’s hard to argue with their disregarding O!s signing statement, since everyone here knows he’ll break his word when convenient.

SDN on January 6, 2012 at 12:14 PM

I don’t know what Anonymous is raging against, precisely.

The machine, man. They rage against the machine.

Lily on January 6, 2012 at 12:15 PM

I want those hacks out there every day, rain, sun, snow… they’ll never amount again to anything more than dribs or drabs, but just like Cindy Sheehan they serve a purpose… a constant reminder, a galvanizing force against them.

So come on Obama and Dem’s, sidle up even more to these people, you’ll only do the public a service. Opening their eyes and continuing to remind them why they don’t need any of you around.

Logus on January 6, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Red Cloud on January 6, 2012 at 12:08 PM

explain to me how barry is NOT a terrorist.

GhoulAid on January 6, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Hey, if I join Anonymous, do I get my very own official tin foil hat, or do they just give you a sheet of Reynold’s aluminum and you make your own?

pilamaye on January 6, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Anonymous: “Obama’s a terrorist. Oh, and free Bradley Manning.”

“And tell our moms to send down more Cheetohs.”

“Does anyone know any girls…because we would like to actually kiss a girl sometime before we turn 40..which is coming soon.”

Bishop on January 6, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Delusion of the highest order.

See, it’s that command of the English language that makes people take them seriously. /

Spellcheck, aisle three.

Oh, we’ll release him alright. It’s only sporting to give him a running start before releasing the sharpshooters on his ass.

amerpundit on January 6, 2012 at 12:21 PM

To the person in the Guy Fawkes mask on the front page, holding the “Obedience is not Patriotism” sign…

“Hiding behind a mask is not courage!”

dominigan on January 6, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Please, free Bradley Manning just outside of Asadabad in RC East and let him go to his new allies for sanctuary.

hawkdriver on January 6, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Anonymous: I WWEBSITE AS ON THE INTERNET

JackForce on January 6, 2012 at 12:14 PM

hah!

HawaiiLwyr on January 6, 2012 at 12:22 PM

All your Guy Fawkes masks are belong to us.

RayinVA on January 6, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Lol at a bunch of disaffected 20-something college dropouts who think they’re Gods because they hack a few websites.

Good luck trying to take down the Presidency, e-Warriors.

Good Solid B-Plus on January 6, 2012 at 12:25 PM

To those who object to NDAA, let me point out that it gives Presidents powers similar to, but weaker than, those that were exercised by Lincoln from 1861-1865 when dealing with American citizens who were making war upon the United States. I think that precedent is sufficient to strike down any objections to the law as being unconstitutional or in some way at odds with those exercised by past presidents.

RhymesWithRight on January 6, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Lily on January 6, 2012 at 12:15 PM

I know there’s something in here about a rat in a cage, but I haven’t had my lunchtime martini yet and I’m failing to make the connection.

Jazz Shaw on January 6, 2012 at 12:26 PM

…as we of Anonymous continue our boycott of soap and water and deodorant and toilet paper and basic body hygiene…..

pilamaye on January 6, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Anonymous…

… useful idiots.

They never learn until it’s too late…

Seven Percent Solution on January 6, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Hey “Anonymous,” ever notice that all the guys in the Al Qaeda training videos cover their faces?

I wonder why.

CurtZHP on January 6, 2012 at 12:28 PM

They also inconveniently ignore the fact that Manning stands accused of treason, not whistleblowing. He did irreparable harm to this nation’s security and foreign relations. And to think is was all done to impress his boyfriend, not to expose national corruption.

Happy Nomad on January 6, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Jazz Shaw on January 6, 2012 at 12:26 PM

I think the rat connection runs through the nearest #OWS camp.

Cages are optional and not recommended if there are PETA groups also encamped.

Hope that helps.

Lily on January 6, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Oooh, oooh! I had a 5.99 mask from Wal-Mart and a computer at home! Can I be a self-important activist, too?

Punch Rockgroin on January 6, 2012 at 12:32 PM

I think a lot of people in this thread are conflating Anonymous with OWS. They are not the same group — both loons, but not in the same way (even though a lot of OWSers support Anonymous and vice versa).

sockpuppetpolitic on January 6, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Enjoy winter folks.

Mimzey on January 6, 2012 at 12:12 PM

So totally agree.

Remember folks, all the attacks on Barry from the left are just to lull us into a sense of complacency. They have been, are, and always will be in the tank for Barry – and they will line up in November to vote for him as many times as possible.

Marcola on January 6, 2012 at 12:34 PM

So, to summarize, their point is, they’re gay and the gayness trumps national security.

Lourdes on January 6, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Also, since these people claim to be world-wide, they’re obviously NOT “we the people” as it applies to the U.S. and this latest of their, uhh, message.

I also think they’re stuck in time after watching The Matrix too many times and not being able to move on from there.

Lourdes on January 6, 2012 at 12:38 PM

sockpuppetpolitic on January 6, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Probably because they all look alike. I think it’s the masks.

Lily on January 6, 2012 at 12:39 PM

The President is many things but he’s not a terrorist.
Red Cloud on January 6, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Would you bet your junk on it?

Archivarix on January 6, 2012 at 12:41 PM

…if Manning did what he is accused of, and I think he is, he should be put away for a long, long time.

SC.Charlie on January 6, 2012 at 12:13 PM

I agree. But from what I’ve read, his defense/excuse/rationalization — rallied over by this Anony bunch — for his actions, wrong they are and were, is that he’s ‘gay’ and that makes it all O.K. and he’s blameless, because he’s ‘gay’.

Lourdes on January 6, 2012 at 12:41 PM

sockpuppetpolitic on January 6, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Probably because they all look alike. I think it’s the masks.

Lily on January 6, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Ohhh, don’t be so sure, there, sockpuppetpolitic. Don’t be so sure.

Lourdes on January 6, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Not worth the paper it’s written on, needless to say.

petefrt on January 6, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Lourdes on January 6, 2012 at 12:35 PM

a huge asteroid could be crashing down on earth and gay people would still be screaming about passing gay marriage in all 57 states before the planet was destroyed.

GhoulAid on January 6, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Obama = terrorist – because he’s going after terrorists?
Manning = hero – because he’s releasing classified info?

Up is down, left is right and black is white. These guys are nuts.

timbok on January 6, 2012 at 12:46 PM

“Hiding behind a mask is not courage!”

dominigan on January 6, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Hacking websites and networks is but an amplification of that same lack of courage. A significant character flaw that participants boast about but wouldn’t if they were courageous, not to mention if they were ethical, but they’re not.

Lourdes on January 6, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Lourdes on January 6, 2012 at 12:35 PM

GhoulAid on January 6, 2012 at 12:45 PM

I think they’d also be screaming for a National Furry Day, demanding Gay Fawkes masks be our national uniform (“everyone must wear it”) and something about rainbows.

Lourdes on January 6, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Might as well free Manning. Obummer is giving our secrets away to the Rooskies as we speak.

Kissmygrits on January 6, 2012 at 12:49 PM

pilamaye on January 6, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Dude, if you don’t know why you have to make it yourself then you are nowhere near paranoid enough to be admitted.

SomeCallMeJohn on January 6, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Anonymous idiots.

GarandFan on January 6, 2012 at 1:02 PM

“Deadbeat nation”, with Deadbeat in Chief.

Schadenfreude on January 6, 2012 at 1:03 PM

“Anonymous” thinks very highly of themselves, don’t they?

I guess when you live in a virtual world 24/7, you really do become detached from reality and see everything through the spectrum of that digital world.

I find it funny though that a few criminals think they speak for all Americans. They seriously believe people see them as some kind of heroes.

I doubt therapy could even fix these asshats.

ButterflyDragon on January 6, 2012 at 1:04 PM

“Anonymous” thinks very highly of themselves, don’t they?

I doubt therapy could resolve their antisocial behaviors and sense of self-importance.

ButterflyDragon on January 6, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Anarchy is not patriotism either. Stupid OWS’ers have no clue about anything, especially how a representative republic is supposed to work and that our representative republic is not a socialist state, AND the tiny fact that socialism is a fail no matter how little of it is implemented anywhere / anytime / anyhow.

Hate isn’t a strong enough word for how I feel for the leftists these days, yet they insist on making that hate as pure as they can make it.

Thank goodness for the second amendment.

Wolfmoon on January 6, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Well they got one out of two…

MelonCollie on January 6, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Wait, so a group that openly breaks the law by stealing from people and defacing the internet is now suddenly concerned with violations of the US Constitution?

This group does not speak for me and they certainly do not speak for my friends who share my values and principles. We believe you need to fix the system WITHIN the system. Not by openly breaking the law.

Championing the constitution does not make you a patriot. You’re still a criminal.

Flashwing on January 6, 2012 at 1:16 PM

And the Supreme Court ruled it unconstitutional, at which point Lincoln told them to FOAD. He knew he wouldn’t be impeached, and there is no other (legal) way to remove a felon from the White House.

SDN on January 6, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Well, um, welcome to the Revolution, boys. What was your first clue? If his entire presidency is not ‘vetoed’ next November, then there is little hope left for our nation.

PorchDawg on January 6, 2012 at 1:22 PM

How does that signing statement prevent future administrations for using the powers given within the NDAA?

Kanyin on January 6, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Hey, that’s no way to treat a Nobel Peace Prize winner!!!

Oh, wait… maybe they’re bucking for their own Nobel Peace Prize via the Obama route. You know, arrest and imprison Obama and then have someone hold a formal dinner for you.

parke on January 6, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Oh, well as long as he pinky promises he won’t trash the constitution despite signing a law that does just that, I don’t see what anyone could possibly complain about!

thirtyandseven on January 6, 2012 at 1:36 PM

thirtyandseven on January 6, 2012 at 1:36 PM

The illogic of their logic is astounding, is it not?

PorchDawg on January 6, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Figure dressed as historical terrorist proclaims support for American military traitor.

Does Obama have a Guy Fawkes mask?

profitsbeard on January 6, 2012 at 1:41 PM

With the signing statement, Obama can, like he ALWAYS DOES, take both sides of an issue. In using the signing statement, he can be both for the NDAA and against it. He can and has, in essence, voted ‘present’ on this issue and depending on which group he’s talking to, he can take either position. And his followers are gullible enough not to notice.

PorchDawg on January 6, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Anonymous so brave to go after the ‘establishment’.

Anonymous, so cowardly not to go after Cartels and the Red Mafia, nor go after terrorist jihadis. But then these guys would kill them if they did anything. They play for keeps.

Anonymous could do something useful, instead of just be useful idiots.

ajacksonian on January 6, 2012 at 1:45 PM

I don’t know what Anonymous is raging against, precisely.

The machine, man. They rage against the machine.

Lily on January 6, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Here’s the Machine.

profitsbeard on January 6, 2012 at 1:46 PM

So just like Ron Paul who called Manning a “Hero” and a “Patriot”

jp on January 6, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Liberal: “Where do I get my free Bradley Manning?”

The Rogue Tomato on January 6, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Now they’re just morons. The President is many things but he’s not a terrorist.

Also, Bradley Manning should be lined up against a wall and shot.

Red Cloud on January 6, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Agreed on the first part, however the English had a better way to treat traitors; Hanging, Drawn & Quartered! Only the best for Bradley Manning.

Boats48 on January 6, 2012 at 1:56 PM

I like the point at the beginning where they say “We will stand together and fight.” I can imagine a group of ten them meeting in one of their parents’ basements. You could send down one half way trained marine into the basement and they would all s**t in their pants from fear.

thuja on January 6, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Can’t even begin to say how tired i am of seeing these “anonymous” idiots and their equally idiotic guy fawkes masks, go back to 4chan and picking on 11 year old girls, that’s what you chumps are best at.

clearbluesky on January 6, 2012 at 2:09 PM

thuja on January 6, 2012 at 1:57 PM

I kinda get the picture of the Kip and Napolean fighting in their Grandma’s living room in Napolean Dynamite.

“Stay home and eat all the freakin’ chips, Kip.”
“Napoleon, don’t be jealous that I’ve been chatting online with hot babes all day. Besides, we both know that I’m training to be a cage fighter.”
“Since when, Kip? You have the worst reflexes of all time.”
“Try and hit me, Napoleon.”
“What?”
“I said come down here and see what happens if you try and hit me.”
*slapfight ensues*

Lily on January 6, 2012 at 2:26 PM

SDN on January 6, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Of course he will break his word. This is the man who assassinated an American citizen while using a memo from his lawyers as authority. This entire issue has been a great example of a slippery slope.

gyrmnix on January 6, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Why does someone who would put on a Guy Fawkes mask complain about someone else being a (supposed, anyway) terrorist?

anuts on January 6, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Oh don’t mind Anon. They’re just sore that the new season of My Little Pony is almost over.

BohicaTwentyTwo on January 6, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Start the video at 2:58… Did Anonymous just out itself as a bunch of Birthers? Did they just call Obama a Muslim?

BigGator5 on January 6, 2012 at 3:24 PM

“Anonymous” calling Obama a terrorist? That’s not the pot calling the kettle “black”, that’s the post calling the irory “black”.

DethMetalCookieMonst on January 6, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Paulnuts to defend anonymous in 5…4…3…2…

DethMetalCookieMonst on January 6, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Well, I, for one, was really anxious to see “Anonymous” take on the Mexican drug cartels and disrupt their business.
Of course, the cartels said that if anon. did that, that they (the cartels) would hunt them down and kill them and every member of their families.
Anonymous then reconsidered their priorities and turned to other pursuits.

Evidently, hacking the US.gov is a safer endeavor.

Solaratov on January 6, 2012 at 3:57 PM

DethMetalCookieMonst on January 6, 2012 at 3:51 PM

While I agree with SOME of Anonymous’ positions, I don’t defend them. They don’t adhere to the NAP, so they are indefensible.

gyrmnix on January 6, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Anonymous then reconsidered their priorities and turned to other pursuits.

Evidently, hacking the US.gov is a safer endeavor.

Solaratov on January 6, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Of course hacking the US government is safer.
The National Defense Authorization Act does not mention going after families at all.
Then again, Obama never said he wouldn’t go after people’s families, he just said he wouldn’t go after citizens. After he already took one out with a drone.

Hmmm. Maybe they are courageous after all. I dunno that I would have the guts to stake my life or my family’s life on one of his promises in a signing statement.

Lily on January 6, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Thanks, Anonymous, but we really don’t need your help to get rid of Barack Obama. Really. Please stop helping.

RebeccaH on January 6, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Headed upstate yesterday to get away from the city and all the madness. We went for a mountain hike today and saw this in town. I know, it’s Woodstock, it should be no surprise. But, UGH!

Urban Infidel on January 6, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Up is down, left is right and black is white. These guys are nuts.

timbok on January 6, 2012 at 12:46 PM

And 2 + 2 = 5

HilliardPatriot on January 6, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Occupiers have TEAness envy.

Doug Piranha on January 7, 2012 at 6:24 PM