RNC Chair: All the excitement is on the Republican side

posted at 2:05 pm on January 4, 2012 by Tina Korbe

In an interview with Bloomberg TV, Republican National Chair Reince Priebus countered his Democratic counterpart with a positive spin for Republicans on the Iowa caucuses.

Priebus’ point was simple, but very well taken: It shouldn’t be a cause for concern that Republicans haven’t yet overwhelmingly settled on a nominee — because tough primaries just strengthen the eventual candidate.

“It is a process,” he said. “It is a primary. This is not unusual on both sides of the aisle for that matter. As far as the RNC is concerned, we have a lot to be excited about today. We have voter registration. We are outpacing the Democrats 2-to-1 in Iowa. We had the biggest record turnout last night in the Iowa caucus – over 123,000.  While that may not sound like a lot of people, that’s a lot of people for an Iowa caucus. That’s a record. Those are the things I am focused on. That is what we have to do in connecting the dots and making sure we help save this country from a president that has underperformed.”

That sheds a little more light on Debbie Wasserman Schultz’ claim that last night was a “great night” for Democrats. The record turnout alone serves as a potent reminder that Republicans are excited to pick someone to challenge Obama. Meanwhile, on the Democrat side, folks are so disenchanted that they’re still clamoring for a Clinton-Biden swap on the Obama ticket.

Comments

Don’t look now but the RCP average has Obama at a tie in his approval. 47% for, 47% against.

This whole thing is moot. Onama will wipe the floor with any of the GOP candidates. Sorry Mittens, you will never be president just like your daddy.

angryed on January 4, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Priebus has been an incredible RNC chair.

On a separate note, auto play videos are really annoying.

vegconservative on January 4, 2012 at 2:10 PM

I dig this guy. Good message, good delivery, and certain meekness to him. I guess Wisconsin breeds some good Republicans.

Caiwyn on January 4, 2012 at 2:11 PM

And so the Republican Chair gets on his Sit-n-Spin, only he does a better job of it than Debbie does…

I have zero excitement in this election. I don’t think I’ve ever had any excitement in any election, but then I don’t place my faith in politics or government to determine my interest, emotions or outlook in life.

Logus on January 4, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Sure it is buddy. You can feel the panic creeping up that somehow after the glorious, yet temporary, reign of the Tea Party, the GOP is about to nominate its most liberal candidate in years, if ever.

inthemiddle on January 4, 2012 at 2:16 PM

We have terrible choices. Isn’t the turnout for this caucus lower than that for the GOP in 2008? If so, that’s not a good sign at all.

Apologetic California on January 4, 2012 at 2:16 PM

…the GOP is about to nominate its most liberal candidate in years, if ever.

inthemiddle on January 4, 2012 at 2:16 PM

Richard Nixon may have something to say about that last part.

anuts on January 4, 2012 at 2:19 PM

We had the biggest record turnout last night in the Iowa caucus – over 123,000. While that may not sound like a lot of people, that’s a lot of people for an Iowa caucus.

Which is why the number of conservatives who voted in the 2008 primary to the 2012 primary was about 3,000 (119K to 122K this year). REAL excitement.Let’s not forget the meme being pushed here and every other conservative blog that most of Ron Paul’s voters were actually Dems, and considering how well he did yesterday… I’d have to say there aren’t many excited conservatives voting for a Presidential Candidate.

Iowa is a state that went Dem for 5 of the 6 previous Presidential Elections. They have gay marriage. What else do you want to know that the GOP just won’t win Iowa in 2012?

RanchTooth on January 4, 2012 at 2:19 PM

If there ever was a guy who needed a nickname…

bbhack on January 4, 2012 at 2:19 PM

I’m sure there is a lot of excitement among the Republicans who make a living from politics. Among us rank-and-file 9-to-5 types who merely tend to vote Republican? Not so much.

Aitch748 on January 4, 2012 at 2:19 PM

I venture out to HuffPo once in a while and Obama’s power grab today will sure start closing the excitement gap. The guy announced the appointment on TV, during “recess”, in a battleground state, with the guy standing next to him and with a feisty attitude.

the worst part?
- Only members of the most unpopular congress can respond and will therefore come across as protector of wall street after not wanting to pass tax cuts for the middle class ( so the story will be).
- We have not one presidential candidate — except for Paul – who can take this on without being attacked a la Paul Ryan, and therefore lose.

Now THAT’S DEPRESSING!!!

Can.I.be.in.the.middle on January 4, 2012 at 2:20 PM

On a separate note, auto play videos are really annoying.

vegconservative on January 4, 2012 at 2:10 PM

This

lynncgb on January 4, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Romney has been running for office for 7 years and is still yet to convince anyone. I’m sorry but I’m not excited about any of these candidates

social-justice on January 4, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Every election always has the highest number of votes ever. That’s how population increases work. If this is the best the RNC has to spin Romney’s pathetic performance….yawn.

angryed on January 4, 2012 at 2:23 PM

For now. Once the democrats know for sure who they are up against, they will easily be whipped up into a frenzy.

Daikokuco on January 4, 2012 at 2:24 PM

yes. we. are. so. excited.

M_J_S on January 4, 2012 at 2:25 PM

” … That is what we have to do in connecting the dots and making sure we help save this country from a president that has underperformed.”

I’m so sick of these “Republicans” who are scared shitless of calling Obamuh what he is. He’s not an “underperformer.” He’s not a “progressive.” He’s a Socialist. He’s a Statist. His dream for America is a country whose people are forever on their knees, waiting for a handout from the State. His dream for America is that all Americans shut-up, bow-down, and hand over their earnings to the State. His dream for America is the State … and service to the State.

Until the “Republicans” realize this, and acquire the testicles to express it in a public forum, I will remain a Conservative without a Party.

OhEssYouCowboys on January 4, 2012 at 2:27 PM

You won’t get an honest poll on Obama because people don’t want to be called racists because they won’t vote for him, this time around. So they’ll say a lot of things, just that they’re not voting for him. They’ll say they’re still thinking about it, they’re waiting for the Republican field to settle out, they stubbed their left toe going to answer the phone and they’re having a hard time concentrating.

The press can not cover for Obama any more. He has a record and it’s not a good one.

bflat879 on January 4, 2012 at 2:29 PM

I thought the election was settled last night….?

Seven Percent Solution on January 4, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Excited? I’m just waiting around to see which R will be left standing next November.

Besides, I live in Virginia. AFAIC, I don’t even have to ponder the primary. Wake me when it’s over.

I’m annoyed that at least 80% of all coverage of primaries and the upcoming election is guessing the future. It’s sick when you think about it and just an excuse not to talk about actual issues.

MaggiePoo on January 4, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Record turnout = not republicans

MTLassen on January 4, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Veg conservative @ 2:10
Yep. It really is stupid

angrymike on January 4, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Rinsehis Pubes is a little better as a spokesperson, than Debbielosthermind Mayo and Mustard Shlitz. He does not get in front of the media enough! No excitement here!

KOOLAID2 on January 4, 2012 at 2:38 PM

angryed on January 4, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Um, the opponent’s (Obama) goal is over there, chief. Quit kicking the ball towards our goal.

thebrokenrattle on January 4, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Richard Nixon may have something to say about that last part.

anuts on January 4, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Given that we are facing national bankruptcy within the next four years, I would think that Romney has a good shot at “beating” even Nixon.

inthemiddle on January 4, 2012 at 2:16 PM

Tea Party has always been powerless. Not one thing on their agenda has come even close to getting passed – no Obamacare repeal and no spending cuts. The attempt to anoint Romney as the Republican candidate is likely in part driven by the desire to further marginalize the Tea Party and drive conservatives back to the political wilderness.

Doomberg on January 4, 2012 at 2:39 PM

In other news, John McCain has officially done what we already knew he’d do. Today he came out and endorsed himself, I mean Mitt.

Logus on January 4, 2012 at 2:39 PM

OhEssYouCowboys on January 4, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Just do what I do and say “Im a republican, but almost no one in office actually represents me”

Why cant it be the year 2016 so I can already know that I’m voting for Rubio and feel great about it…then I could stop looking at HotGas and actually do some work at work today.

UBuffaloBulls on January 4, 2012 at 2:41 PM

What’s the big deal about excitement? People were pretty excited about Obama, and look where that got us. The only excitement I see on our side is for Ron, and that looks like more of the same.

Give me boring old Romney, and you can keep your excitement.

CaliforniaRefugee on January 4, 2012 at 2:42 PM

I have to say that from most of the comments on this site with the exception of a few makes me wonder why some of you even bother to call yourselves conservative or Republicans. You all talk about how stupid the Republican party is when apparently you are just standing in front of the mirror looking at yourself. To hear all you whiners saying that if their candidate does not make say that they will stay home is naive in the least and moronic at most. Since I can say without a doubt that Paul does not have a chance whoever makes it to the end will get my vote. I think we can use the congress to keep who makes it in check so as to not make any huge blunders that will hurt this country any further. I would prefer anyone except Mitt but would still vote for him if he makes it but will actively oppose him till that point.

jistincase on January 4, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Doomberg on January 4, 2012 at 2:39 PM

The Tea Party was doing just fine until it got “excited” and promptly marginalized itself. Look at the polls.

CaliforniaRefugee on January 4, 2012 at 2:46 PM

As I’ve said about eighty times on here, if Romney’s the nominee, then I’m out. I’ll vote on the lower level tickets to make sure Cravaack stays in Congress and make sure Klobuchar’s margin of victory remains under 30%, but I’m definitely leaving the top spot blank. And please don’t give me Santorum or Gingrich as “alternatives”; they’re just as bad – I’d say worse – than Romney.

Nelsen on January 4, 2012 at 2:46 PM

That’s an Republican record. The democrats brought out over 200,000k. People on this site love to say Paul fans aren’t republicans so minus his 20 k votes that mean only around 110k republicans came out. 110,000 vs 200,000

Politricks on January 4, 2012 at 2:47 PM

angryed on January 4, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Rasmussen Reports
12/27 – 12/28
1000 LV
Obama: 39
Romney: 45
Romney +6

***

Just sayin’.

SlaveDog on January 4, 2012 at 2:48 PM

jistincase on January 4, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Have fun voting for four more years of Bush. You may enjoy the wars and bailouts; I sure as hell don’t.

Nelsen on January 4, 2012 at 2:48 PM

…I would prefer anyone except Mitt but would still vote for him if he makes it but will actively oppose him till that point.

jistincase on January 4, 2012 at 2:45 PM

A breath of sanity here? Who’d a thunk it.

CaliforniaRefugee on January 4, 2012 at 2:49 PM

To be fair, all the excitement IS on the Republican, as is all of the frustration. To a large degree however, that is normal. Except in cases where a super star emerges nominees tend to be a compromise between the various factions that make up the respective party.

Unity and excitement tends to come a little later. Heck, even a poor campaigner like McCain was able to generate SOME excitement, despite his poor positions, the economic meltdown, and eight years of Bush.

So I’m not too worried, YET. Eventually the various factions are going to have to call a truce and get excited about the nominee, and usually they have no problem doing that. If they fail to do that, THEN I’ll worry.

WolvenOne on January 4, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Nelsen on January 4, 2012 at 2:46 PM

You seem to have confused the role of your priest with the role of your president.

CaliforniaRefugee on January 4, 2012 at 2:51 PM

Reince Priebus is a fool. Conservatives need to take the party away from the Wizards of Smart that gave us listening tours and Charlie Crist. Sarah Palin it is not too late.

CoolChange80 on January 4, 2012 at 2:51 PM

A lot of negative waves on this thread.

SlaveDog on January 4, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Bull Priebus. I’m not wasting my time on anybody in this field. Probably will wind up writing in Walker, Martinez, or Palin in the primary and in the general.

topdawg on January 4, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Can.I.be.in.the.middle on January 4, 2012 at 2:20 PM

He ain’t McCain.

The Romney campaign has ways to finesse most of these issues.

Now how he will handle them after election and how he will differ from the present administration, I can’t guess. I have more respect for him after reading his book. People who hate him have good reason but haven’t.

I would rather have someone who changes position than a guy who makes a career from mugging his own party; and please don’t mention immigration in light of any 2008 model.

IlikedAUH2O on January 4, 2012 at 2:55 PM

I am going to start boycotting any thread that has an auto-play video.

Starting with this one.

Not that anyone cares, I don’t expect them to, really. It’s just very bad form to have auto-plays, they never used to be here, and I won’t support it.

Lily on January 4, 2012 at 2:56 PM

topdawg on January 4, 2012 at 2:55 PM

The DNC may help you with stickers to do just that.

IlikedAUH2O on January 4, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Just sayin…

angryed on January 4, 2012 at 3:01 PM

istincase on January 4, 2012 at 2:45 PM

+300

thebrokenrattle on January 4, 2012 at 3:02 PM

thebrokenrattle on January 4, 2012 at 2:38 PM

My goal is to end the downward sprial of America. Whether Obama is at the wheel or Romney is at the wheel is irrelevant. Both are big govt statists. Obama is brain cancer. Romney is lung cancer? Which slow and painful death will you choose?

angryed on January 4, 2012 at 3:03 PM

well, i do have to say that having McCain endorse mitt right after the ia caucus does show how tone deaf, out of touch, just flat out wacko the R party is.

he was a horrible standard bearer…i throw up a little in my mouth every time i think about him.

And even tho i’ll vote for Romney…i really have to wonder. We have fruitcakes like RP running. We have a hard socialist in the WH who is looking forward to ruling by himself…freeing himself from the constraints of the Congress and the People

And there are many people who have chosen not to run. why? is it really true that the R are mostly happy with being in Congress…having the protection of a small government job..cozy with their friends and make work stuff they do???

Maybe that’s all they are. Not heros, not fighters, not warriors standing beside the American truth…just functionaries.

barry and his stooges in the press will make sure that by 2016 there’ll be just crumbs to argue over

r keller on January 4, 2012 at 3:03 PM

angryed on January 4, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Politics are a direction, not a goal. With 4 more years of Obama you will have a harder time changing that direction. Oh, and some cancers are easier to cure than others.

CaliforniaRefugee on January 4, 2012 at 3:10 PM

angry ed is your last name Schultz, just askin…..

D-fusit on January 4, 2012 at 3:11 PM

CaliforniaRefugee on January 4, 2012 at 2:46 PM

How exactly did the Tea party “marginalize” itself? By calling for cuts to government spending? By calling for the repeal of Obamacare? By not stampeding to vote for a liberal candidate who enjoys slapping them in face constantly?

Doomberg on January 4, 2012 at 3:12 PM

angryed on January 4, 2012 at 3:01 PM

O.K. You take the old Registered Voter polls, and I’ll take the most recent Likely Voter poll.

SlaveDog on January 4, 2012 at 3:13 PM

WolvenOne on January 4, 2012 at 2:49 PM

..oh one of great clarity and logic (NOT meant facetiously), here on HG (ne “HA”) we deal with a universe of a maximum of 1,000-2,000 commenters. Of those, there are approximately 10% max who are insufferable Eeyores and those who would complain of lumbago if you gave them a truckload of gold ingots they had to unload.

These folks hardly are representative of the electorate or even of the the conservative base. (At least those with whom I work, attend meetings with, and labor on campaigns with.)

There are those whom I like a lot but am genuinely concerned about — like angryed — who seem to lead a life steeped in perpetual depressing cynacism. I wish I could generate some measure of cheer in Ed and the others like him but I will probably not be able to.

More’s the pity.

The rest I ignore because it leaves far to little time to read sound, well-reasoned submissions like your very own.

The War Planner on January 4, 2012 at 3:14 PM

RanchTooth on January 4, 2012 at 2:19 PM

I would like to point out that the Iowa legislators nor the citizens voted on that. In fact 3 of the Progressive Judges that forced gay marriage upon the citizens of Iowa were booted out by the citizens. It would have been more, those 3 were the only judges up for affirmation by the citizens. Booting Iowa SC judges is extremely rare, 3 at once was historical. Do not lay that our feet, the other judges that voted on that will be booted also when their day comes. Our SC Judges are appointed by the Governor, thank God in our Iowa Constitution they must be affirmed by the citizens.

IowaWoman on January 4, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Not for nothing, but if I want to watch the video being commented on, I’d like to be able to do it for myself.

Libraritarian on January 4, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Doomberg on January 4, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Again, look at the polls. That is where marginalization occurs. I didn’t make this up. If you are really wondering how they got marginalized, just look in the mirror. Demanding that people conform to your way of thinking is a really good way. It’s also not good politics.

CaliforniaRefugee on January 4, 2012 at 3:17 PM

SlaveDog on January 4, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Rasmussen
1/25/08 – 1/27/08 1200 LV 41 47 McCain +6

Hey look at that, McCain’s winning by 6% over Obama. He cannot lose!!

Oops.

angryed on January 4, 2012 at 3:20 PM

The War Planner on January 4, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Heh. Thanks. I think? Wait. What? Screw you!! :)

angryed on January 4, 2012 at 3:21 PM

The War Planner on January 4, 2012 at 3:14 PM

CaliforniaRefugee on January 4, 2012 at 3:22 PM

What else do you want to know that the GOP just won’t win Iowa in 2012?

RanchTooth on January 4, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Sen. Grassley would disagree, as would Rep.Steve King. Tom Latham would question that also. These 3 are not just Republicans they are Conservative. We are about to vote out the flaming Liberal Boswell if he runs again also.

IowaWoman on January 4, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Heh. Thanks. I think? Wait. What? Screw you!! :)

angryed on January 4, 2012 at 3:21 PM

CaliforniaRefugee on January 4, 2012 at 3:23 PM

CaliforniaRefugee on January 4, 2012 at 3:17 PM

So the ONLY thing you are using as evidence that the Tea Party “marginalized itself” is what, the fact that they’ve gone down in the polls? Two years of relentless MSM attacks might have just had something to do with it.

How did the Tea Partiers “demand” that “others conform with their way of thinking?” The Tea Party is a fiscal conservative movement dedicated to repealing Obamacare, cutting spending, and finding and electing candidates they think will rein in government spending.

Are you confusing/conflating Tea Partiers with social conservatives, or are you just mad they won’t support the coronation of Romney?

Doomberg on January 4, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Whats the “crisis” going to be. Obama always uses a crisis to forward himself and progressive ideas.
What do you suppose it will be come mid summer?

He can’t run on his record, or the economy or the going Apocalypse of the environment. He’s already used those. Crammed healthcare down everyones throats. The Dems will have to rely on deflection.
What will he set up?
Just curious about what people think.

Mimzey on January 4, 2012 at 3:32 PM

CaliforniaRefugee on January 4, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Polls? You’re joking right?

Mimzey on January 4, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Doomberg on January 4, 2012 at 3:25 PM

I supported the Tea Party when it started, but of its own volition, it became a confused mess. And yes, once it started demanding political purity tests it lost any hope of attracting anyone who didn’t believe they fit exactly. Marginalization always follows purity tests. Don’t blame the MSM. They did it themselves.

Just as you do.

CaliforniaRefugee on January 4, 2012 at 3:37 PM

angryed on January 4, 2012 at 3:03 PM

If that’s goal, then how do you plan to get there?

thebrokenrattle on January 4, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Mimzey on January 4, 2012 at 3:32 PM

He won’t need a crisis. The economy will be doing well, unemployment will be around 7 to 7.5% and Dow will be 13K+. All he has to do is frame the debate as;stick with me and continue back to prosperity or vote for a Republican Wall St executive (Romney) who will take us back to the days of George W. Bush.

angryed on January 4, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Polls? You’re joking right?

Mimzey on January 4, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Yes. The polls. The ones that show they aren’t as popular as they used to be. That’s what marginalization means.

CaliforniaRefugee on January 4, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Heh. Thanks. I think? Wait. What? Screw you!! :)

angryed on January 4, 2012 at 3:21 PM

No, I mean it, Ed. I really appreciate what you have to say. You remember the movie Patton? You know that story he tells about the conquering general who rides back into town with his armies and slaves conquered masses ahead of him and the crowds are cheering him ‘n’ stuff.

.and he has a slave riding by his side in his chariot whispering in his ear, “All gory is fleeting, all glory is..”

The War Planner on January 4, 2012 at 3:40 PM

..I’d just like to cheer you up once.

The War Planner on January 4, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Mimzey on January 4, 2012 at 3:32 PM

I was thinking of a Wag the Dog scenario as well.

1) Iran – Nope, Bammy loves his friends
2) Eqypt – Nope, Muslim Brotherhood taking over Bammy approves
3) Syria – Nope, see #1 & 2
4) Declaring Martial Law in the US, quite possible if the Tea Party gets active again
5) Your guess is as good as mine

D-fusit on January 4, 2012 at 3:41 PM

If that’s goal, then how do you plan to get there?

thebrokenrattle on January 4, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Not voting for Romney as the GOP candidate. That’s step 1. Step 2, fight for fiscal responsibility, ie do not cave to Obama/MSM each and every time like the GOP has for the past year.

Romney as president will be no different than Obama. He has the same outlook. Govt is the solution to every problem.

angryed on January 4, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Oh man, you guys are just outright funny! I would vote for my wife’s cat before I vote for “The One” and I really do not care if it is Rick or Mitt. I just love the statements in the vain of ” I will never vote for Romney or whoever. The only real idiots play is to let “The One” get 4 more years with his wrecking ball. It almost sounds ” If you don’t play by MY rules, I will take my ball and go home!” Childish at best, destruction by idiot power at the least.

Mark

mailmars on January 4, 2012 at 3:57 PM

angryed on January 4, 2012 at 3:39 PM

While I am in the “Not Romney” camp, you are totally wrong on the economy. We are in deep trouble, and it is getting worse, and all the number games in the world can no longer mask this fact. At this point electing a fiscal conservatism is becoming a matter of national survival – we are probably going to be bankrupt within the next four years (not 20 years down the road, not 10 years down the road) if the current state of affairs is allowed to continue.

If Obama wins, it will be because he collapses Romney’s support base. There will be an unending stream of attacks against Romney, who will be utterly unprepared for them since the MSM has been coddling him to help him build his “electability” argument. A number of commentators have warned this is likely to be the dirtiest campaign in living memory, and Romney will be caught totally flatfooted since most of his strategy depends on being “Mr. Electable,” and you can’t do that if the MSM is bombarding you with negative coverage day in and day out.

It’s possible of course that Obama’s support is so weak, Romney could win anyway, but if there is any Republican right now who could get beaten by Obama, it is probably Mitt Romney. Remember, this is the guy who won Iowa by only 8 votes when he had no effective opposition.

Doomberg on January 4, 2012 at 4:00 PM

angryed on January 4, 2012 at 3:41 PM

School me Ed. How does someone come to the point of believing there is no difference between Obama and Romney?

CaliforniaRefugee on January 4, 2012 at 4:07 PM

mailmars on January 4, 2012 at 3:57 PM

The childish / take ball home argument. Very original. Haven’t heard that one before. Nice of you to ignore all the reasons why Romney would be a horrible president based on his record as governor of MA.

angryed on January 4, 2012 at 4:08 PM

CaliforniaRefugee on January 4, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Romney: Raised taxes/fees by $550M his first year as governor. That would be the equivalent of about $70B of new federal taxes.

In his first year alone, Romney increased spending by 15%. Obama increased spending by 20%.

RomneyCare: Specifically mandates abortion be covered by health plans. Obamacare does not. Romney is to the left of Obama on this one.

Romney banned assault weapons. Obama hasn’t banned any guns while president.

Romney signed into law Cap N Trade for MA, forcing the shutdown of several MA based power plants. No different than what Obama is doing via the EPA.

angryed on January 4, 2012 at 4:12 PM

…if there is any Republican right now who could get beaten by Obama, it is probably Mitt Romney…

Doomberg on January 4, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Sure. And that is why all of their campaigns are focused on him? All of the match up polls show him as the strongest we’ve got against Obama, yet you think Romney is the easiest for Obama to beat?

I’m impressed by your mental gymnastics. I give it a 10 for style alone.

CaliforniaRefugee on January 4, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Doomberg on January 4, 2012 at 4:00 PM

I disagree. The economy has definitely been improving the last couple of quarters. I know saying that here is heretical. I look at it objectively. Every conceivable measure shows things are improving…retail sales, unemployment claims, long term unemployment, construction spending, etc. I’m not saying it’s time to party like it’s 1999, but the direction is positive.

And you know very well even the teeniest tiniest bit of good economic numbers will be magnified by the MSM to make Obama look good.

Unless something catastrophic happens in the next 6-9 months, the economy will be humming along nicely by Sept/Oct. Romney will not be able to make the argument that 4 more years of Obama = depression. People will laugh him off the stage.

angryed on January 4, 2012 at 4:17 PM

angryed on January 4, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Worse than Obama? You have to be kidding, right? I really hope that you are. As far as the record, nothing is ever done in a purely ideological vacuum. If I am not mistaken, the MA legislature is 85 percent democratic.

Mark

mailmars on January 4, 2012 at 4:18 PM

angryed on January 4, 2012 at 4:12 PM

You’ve told me why you hate Romney, not why you think he will be no different than Obama. That’s the question I’m asking.

CaliforniaRefugee on January 4, 2012 at 4:22 PM

As far as the RNC is concerned, we have a lot to be excited about today.

Yes, I can see that.

apocalypse on January 4, 2012 at 4:34 PM

If Rinse thinks this is exciting he needs to get out more often. He might also want to get a law suit against his parents who named him.

inspectorudy on January 4, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Is it just me or is that interviewer really stupid? Her first question out of the box amounted to “Why haven’t you people picked a candidate before the 50 state primary elections?”

princetrumpet on January 4, 2012 at 5:20 PM

priebus rocks, that guy is awesome

malkinmania on January 4, 2012 at 8:05 PM