Meghan McCain: If Santorum wins the nomination, it will be bedlam like you’ve never seen

posted at 3:15 pm on January 4, 2012 by Tina Korbe

With the help of a few friends on Twitter, I’ve been making a list of people I turn to for infallibly insightful political analysis, and, so far, it goes a little something like this: Alec Baldwin, Matt Damon, Michael Moore and Kelly Clarkson. Add to that … Meghan McCain. Here she is again, on the possibility of an actual Rick Santorum nomination.

“It will be bedlam and hysteria like you’ve never seen,” she says. Bedlam and hysteria? Really? It would rock the Republican Party that much to nominate someone other than the pre-ordained candidate?

To be fair, McCain’s comments on the path to the nomination for Romney make sense to me. He didn’t shine as brilliantly in Iowa as he might have had he decided to make the state a priority sooner than December, but he did what he needed to do last night — and it will likely be a smooth path to the nomination for him from this point. (Then again, in politics, you never know!) She’s also right that the Iowa caucuses aren’t determinative (as she put it, “they’re irrelevant”).

But when she references her father’s path to the nomination, she instantly loses points. What she seems never to have realized — and what, I think, makes her so aggravating to conservatives — is that plenty of Republicans look at 2008 and regret their nomination of John McCain. In large part, the stiff opposition to Romney stems as much from the fear of repeating the mistake the GOP made in 2008 — the mistake of nominating “the next in line” even when that “next in line” espouses troublesome views and hasn’t proved himself a particularly adept campaigner. For what it’s worth, Romney was to the right of John McCain in 2008 and he remains to the right of John McCain in 2012. In between 2008 and 2012, Congress passed and the president signed Obamacare. That makes Romney’s support of Romneycare even more problematic now than it was in 2008 — but, at the same time, it makes Obama’s support for Obamacare more problematic than it was in 2008. Romney will at least be able to capitalize on the primacy of economic issues in this election. Long story short: Romney would surely do better in a race against Obama than McCain did — but support for him from former McCain supporters doesn’t help to make that case.

On that note, John McCain himself has now endorsed Romney. Delightful.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Captain Ed

This. This. This!!!

oldroy on January 4, 2012 at 3:43 PM

Why do people act like any other Republican would have won in 2008? They all would have lost. R’s were doomed in 08.

therightwinger on January 4, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Because other candidates wouldn’t have voted for TARP… like Santorum, and they wouldn’t have ‘suspended’ their campaign as a stunt. They might also have attacked Obama rather than fellow conservatives.

sharrukin on January 4, 2012 at 3:43 PM

Who the …k is Meghan McCain and why is her hair a color that doesn’t exist in nature?

Two questions there.

A third: why the …k should I give a rat’s ass what she thinks?

JackieB on January 4, 2012 at 3:43 PM

?

I think she’s speculating about some of Santorum’s controversial past positions on social issues. It has nothing to do with Romney being “pre-ordained” (or not).

Also I don’t think McCain’s endorsement of Romney does not hurt him. Those who are inclined to reject Mitt because he’s too “RINO-Y” in their estimation aren’t going to be impressed anyway. But McCain did win South Carolina and obviously is well-respected in N.H.

P.S. I was for the more conservative Romney v. McCain in 2008 and deeply regret that conservatives didn’t get behind him until too late to matter. The good news is Mitt has had time to build a great foundation/money/ground game to take on Obama.

Buy Danish on January 4, 2012 at 3:43 PM

If Santorum is nominated does this mean Meggie will flee the country like the Baldwin/Penn libbies threaten?

katiejane on January 4, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Now your just teasing me….

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on January 4, 2012 at 3:44 PM

jpmotu: Oh no you din’t!

KrebsCyclist on January 4, 2012 at 3:44 PM

and her father was sooooooo successful in 2008….. he, and she, need to just be quiet and fade away.

ultracon on January 4, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Funniest thing I’ve heard Rush say in awhile today (paraphrase):

“So we’re to listen to the guy who couldn’t beat Obama when he endorses the guy who couldn’t even beat him [McCain]?”

catmman on January 4, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Meanwhile Perry and Newt couldnt beat Ron Paul who couldnt beat Santorum (lol) who couldnt beat Romney.

hanzblinx on January 4, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Yawn…

Oracleforhire on January 4, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Worth noting – McCain was not the “presumptive nominee” in the last cycle. He didn’t take the lead until he won New Hampshire. The “presumptive nominee,” if there was one before January 2008, was supposed to have been Rudy Giuliani – who I posit would have made a heck of a lot better candidate, I might add.

therightwinger on January 4, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Eh. Not necessarily. There were certain candidates who could have done better, but it was an uphill battle all the way and we were facing a candidate who ran the campaign needed to win – attack the unpopular incumbent, personify change (black President), speak well, and be an empty vessel for people to put their hopes and dreams into.

Red Cloud on January 4, 2012 at 3:45 PM

I would much rather had someone like Paul Ryan run. I was unhappy when he decided to stay where he was under the idea that he could do more good there than on the campaign trail.

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on January 4, 2012 at 3:41 PM

I hear you. Ryan was my second choice. None of my top three ran. As much as I’m not a fan of Mitt, I certainly can’t argue that he hasn’t won the competency primary. How he wound up as the only serious candidate against the worst president in American History is truly a mystery.

Kataklysmic on January 4, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Meghan is a Columbia art history major, ya know.

Body by Botticelli, and a brain straight out of Andy Warhol’s soup can.

M240H on January 4, 2012 at 3:45 PM

What I love about Santorum, are that the Mobys and liberaltarians cannot help but expose themselves when he is mentioned.

Rebar on January 4, 2012 at 3:46 PM

How stupid do you have to be to have an MSNBC reporterette make you look like an idiot?

catmman on January 4, 2012 at 3:35 PM

You’re making the assumption that she actually reports something.

Midwestprincesse on January 4, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Oops…..sorry Tina.

Captain Ed Tina Korbe

That crack about “hasn’t proved himself a particularly adept campaigner” is so true. That’s gonna leave a mark.

oldroy on January 4, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Tina and Meghan sex party?

davemason2k on January 4, 2012 at 3:18 PM

uh … dude?

darwin on January 4, 2012 at 3:35 PM

I think that was a botched “Get a room” — which would be an indelicate way of saying TK was being too kind to … daughter of John McCain.

I think.

But TK doesn’t seem all that “friendly” to me over mmac, so I would disagree.

If that’s what that was supposed to mean.

— btw, you need to be careful with that, if that’s what that meant, davemason2k — sex-based smart-assery is fun for all, but when it comes out wrong, you can wind up on the anvil.

Axe on January 4, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Ok, here we go.
Q: What does a fat chick and a brick have in common?
A: They’ll both eventually be laid by a Mexican.

jpmotu on January 4, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Meghan is so far, when she steps on a scale, it spins around and then says, “To Be Continued…”

The Rogue Tomato on January 4, 2012 at 3:28 PM

“One at a time…”

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on January 4, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Meghan is so fat, when she goes to a restaurant, she doesn’t get a menu, she gets an estimate.

jpmotu on January 4, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Ugh, I really screwed that comment up. Let’s try again:

I think she’s speculating about some of Santorum’s very controversial past positions on social issues. It has nothing to do with Romney being “pre-ordained” (or not).

Also I don’t think McCain’s endorsement of Romney does not hurt him. Those who are already inclined to reject Mitt because he’s too “RINO-Y” in their estimation will grouse. But McCain did win South Carolina and obviously is well-respected in N.H.

Buy Danish on January 4, 2012 at 3:49 PM

John McCain endorses Romney? Right, I vote for Santorum.

jake49 on January 4, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Just read that Santorum has advocated outlawing contraception. That ain’t gonna fly with most voters.

JA on January 4, 2012 at 3:24 PM

That is untrue. He was specifically asked this question in an interview on NBC’s Today Show on 12/29/11 and he said that he personally opposes contraception (he’s Catholic) but would does not believe it should be outlawed.

KickandSwimMom on January 4, 2012 at 3:49 PM

jpmotu on January 4, 2012 at 3:48 PM

She can bankrupt an all-you-can-eat in one sitting.

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on January 4, 2012 at 3:50 PM

I have not and will not read any of this post. Who cares what this person says or thinks?

GaltBlvnAtty on January 4, 2012 at 3:50 PM

She repeated the phrase “I think” several times.

After listening, however, I wasn’t completely sold on that statement.

ironbill on January 4, 2012 at 3:30 PM

lol

Axe on January 4, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Momma says Meghan is as Meghan does.

Forrest Gump

WhatNot on January 4, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Rebar on January 4, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Yeah, I am assuming Big Mac’s opposition to Santorum is because she hearts teh gheys. Which makes you wonder how she reconciles her newfound respect for Bachmann.

Kataklysmic on January 4, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Like O. M. G. Iowa is like so totall-y uncool. My like dad was all like Whatever I-owa. And he like totally won and stuff. So yeahhh, whatever Santorum. You like suck dude.

angryed on January 4, 2012 at 3:52 PM

catmman on January 4, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Judging by the evidence presented here, pretty darn stupid.

Reminds me of the kind of people who show up at American Idol auditions who cannot sing at all – with their family in tow. Can her family not tell how really stupid she sounds? Why don’t they set her down and tell her, “Meghan, honey, it might be your dream to be the next great Bill Buckley, but it is beyond your ability. Please, stop, before you hurt yourself.”

If my daughters had EVER in their lives sounded like this box of Pop Rocks I wouldn’t have let them leave the house until they could string a coherent sentence together.

Lily on January 4, 2012 at 3:52 PM

jpmotu on January 4, 2012 at 3:48 PM

She can bankrupt an all-you-can-eat in one sitting.

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on January 4, 2012 at 3:50 PM

At least we’re back to nine planets.

*rim*

Axe on January 4, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Can she stop commenting on things? I can’t stand Santorum, so her RINOness disparaging Santorum actually helps Santorum. Kinda like how His RINOness John McCain endorsing Romney hurts Romney/helps Santorum because nobody likes the McCains. Shut up and go away.

Dagny__Taggart on January 4, 2012 at 3:54 PM

She’s right about Mitt. He wasn’t even going to bother with Iowa but when it became evident he could win he changed his mind at the last minute and HE DID WIN, however a small of a margin it was. Santorum has no chance with independents and sadly we need them to win. It’s over. Get behind Romney.

echosyst on January 4, 2012 at 3:54 PM

I could really care less what Ms. McCain thinks about almost anything…well, really, about anything.

From my perspective, I find Romney very difficult to like or generate any level of enthusiasm. At least with Santorum I get a little energized listening to him speak because I can tell he has some intelligence and passion behind his words and he really believes in what he’s saying. With Romney, it just seems like he’s telling the audience what they want to hear.

HoosierStateofMind on January 4, 2012 at 3:54 PM

And no, I don’t like Romney either.

Dagny__Taggart on January 4, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Is that because he will outlaw hair dye?

lilium479 on January 4, 2012 at 3:55 PM

It’s over. Get behind Romney.

echosyst on January 4, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Obama would be the liberal we want in office because he could do less damage than a Republican liberal who the GOP Congress would cooperate with.

sharrukin on January 4, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Maybe she can become a Jenny Craig spokesperson just like fellow morons Kirstie Alley, Carrie Fisher and Mariah Carey. That’s a job, isn’t it?

Philly on January 4, 2012 at 3:56 PM

HoosierStateofMind on January 4, 2012 at 3:54 PM

+ 1

angryed on January 4, 2012 at 3:56 PM

::FACEPALM::

Why in the world has anyone actually paid this women to comment on the political landscape? She has zero knowledge about any of this.

msipes on January 4, 2012 at 3:56 PM

FTR, I do not approve of Meggsie McCain. Just wanted to clarify what Tina said…

Buy Danish on January 4, 2012 at 3:57 PM

I’m like, you know, shocked she knows what the word “bedlam” means. I’m totally super serial!

Meghan is always good for a laugh.

DRayRaven on January 4, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Kataklysmic on January 4, 2012 at 3:45 PM

True that…

If he repeals Obamacare I’ll consider it a victory.

I’d like to believe that he can work his “efficiency expert” magic on the Federal Government.

I’d like to see him promise not to take a single dime in salary from the Government (not like he needs it), and have it all go towards the debt, and I’d love to see him challenge congress to do the same.

I’d like to see him defend several government entities, like the Dept of Education, EPA, NLRB… for starters.

I’d also love to see him force congress to actually pass a budget that didn’t spend more than we took in taxes in 2008. As well as force a balanced budget amendment, capped to 18%GDP.

However, I think that is setting the bar a bit high. I doubt undead zombie Reagan could get all that done.

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on January 4, 2012 at 3:57 PM

I absolutely cannot figure out why anyone gives this nobody Megan McCain air time!

Zcat on January 4, 2012 at 3:57 PM

It’s over. Get behind Romney.

echosyst on January 4, 2012 at 3:54 PM

120K Iowans have spoken. Time to get in line people. Ignore what the other 309.8 million Americans might wish to say about it.

angryed on January 4, 2012 at 3:58 PM

DEFUND… not defend…

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on January 4, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Rush and Hannity seem to be a more than a little sympathetic to Newt. I think he is more knowledgeable than Romney and is to the right of Romney on most issues.
Newt is more likable to me, but then I prefer to hang with people that have some fire in their belly and brains in their heads.
I am taking a closer look at Santorum, at first glance he appears to be a down to earth honest man that wants to do the right thing. Mitt, not so much.

rightoption on January 4, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Lily on January 4, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Thanks. I really haven’t laughed out loud like that in a couple of months.

oldroy on January 4, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Lefties must love having her on the show. She is a caricature of what they already think of a large segment of republicans.

Durham68 on January 4, 2012 at 4:01 PM

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on January 4, 2012 at 3:57 PM

So he won’t cut govt he’ll just make it more efficient. I suppose efficient govt is better than inefficient govt. But ins’t the idea to make govt smaller?

Spending has more than doubled in 10 years. What Romney will do is keep the spending at the same level just get more output from the spending. If we give 50 million people food stamps using $XB Romney will keep spending at $XB and give another 5 million food stamps. That’s what making govt more efficient means. He’s made govt 10% more efficient.

Wouldn’t you prefer someone who wanted to take X and cut 10% from that number instead?

angryed on January 4, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Well… at least her hair looks nice.

Abby Adams on January 4, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Same hairdresser as the Gingrich’s/

KOOLAID2 on January 4, 2012 at 4:03 PM

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on January 4, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Why not? Salary is what $400K a year? I think that’s reasonable for the job.

As for congress, no way. If there is no pay for being in congress, only people who will ever serve are the extremely rich who can go years and years without drawing a salary. You’re hoping for a return to govt by aristocracy. No thanks.

angryed on January 4, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Body by Botticelli, and a brain straight out of Andy Warhol’s soup can.

M240H on January 4, 2012 at 3:45 PM

It’s safer to say “Body by Rubens.” The Venus of Botticelli is quite slender.

The Warhol reference is spot-on. LOL

MisterElephant on January 4, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Remind me why this bimbo’s opinion counts? Oh, right, because her dad is famous. I must have been having a blonde moment.

contrarian on January 4, 2012 at 4:05 PM

(Employ yelling in my ear) So I didn’t to add that my point is, I’m still checking things out for myself, and I don’t give a rats azz what some twit has to say.

rightoption on January 4, 2012 at 4:05 PM

You think her head will explode?

Robert-A on January 4, 2012 at 4:05 PM

I wonder if Greenpeace has ever tried to drag McCain off the beach back into the water.

jaime on January 4, 2012 at 4:05 PM

I could have gotten an intelligent conversation from Marcel Marceau.

HerneTheHunter on January 4, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Daddy Lost !! Now Go away !!!

stormridercx4 on January 4, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Why Tina why

KBird on January 4, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Whenever I see Meg prognosticating I think of this:

ironbill on January 4, 2012 at 4:07 PM

ironbill on January 4, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Meghan is a Columbia art history major, ya know.

Body by Botticelli, and a brain straight out of Andy Warhol’s soup can.

M240H on January 4, 2012 at 3:45 PM

+10

Portia46 on January 4, 2012 at 4:09 PM

I think it is quite impressive that Megan McCain actually was able to formulate so many words so clearly without blood coming out of her nose.

Sammo21 on January 4, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Lily on January 4, 2012 at 3:52 PM

If Meghan, like you know, sprained her brain, like, would anybody, like even notice?

SWalker on January 4, 2012 at 4:10 PM

TARP votes don’t bother me. GSE’s bother me. TARP was a government solution for a government generated problem.

MechanicalBill on January 4, 2012 at 4:10 PM

You think her head will explode?

Robert-A on January 4, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Does hoping and praying that it does make me evil?

SWalker on January 4, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Looking at her makes me want to cut my carbs!

WhatsRight on January 4, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Megan is a Republican like Ron Reagan is a Republican—not.

Let us not forget that her mother took her to register as a Republican when it looked like her dad was going to get the nomination. Rather like she joined a family vacation.

Portia46 on January 4, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Axe on January 4, 2012 at 3:47 PM

You’re being much more charitable than I would have been.

backwoods conservative on January 4, 2012 at 4:16 PM

I hate to say it, but MegMac is partially right about the Iowa caucuses becoming somewhat “irrelevant”, because they have relatively low turnout of very highly energized voters. Turnout at this year’s caucuses was about 120,000 votes, or about 11% of the 1.1 million votes cast in the 2010 elections in Iowa.

There is a much higher fraction of Evangelical Christian voters among Iowa Republicans than in many other states, who gravitate toward a social-conservative candidate like Santorum, and away from Gingrich (because of his marital problems) and Romney (possibly due to his Mormonism). It is not clear whether Santorum can sustain his momentum in a larger primary electorate, with a smaller fraction of Evangelical Christians, or whether Gingrich and/or Perry could gain a larger share of the Not-Romney vote.

The main problem with McCain in 2008 was that the issues changed suddenly, and McCain was unable to adapt. Obama had gained fame in 2004 with his “cut-and-run” policy stance on Iraq (as opposed to Hillary Clinton’s more moderate approach), and McCain’s role in convincing President Bush to adopt the ultimately successful “surge” strategy in Iraq made him a good antidote to Obama–on foreign policy.

When the financial markets started to crash with the bankruptcy of Lehman Brothers and the subprime-mortgage crisis, McCain could not make a cogent argument about what needed to be done (possibly Romney could have, but he had alreadly lost the nomination), and McCain suspended his campaign to work on TARP in the Senate, while Obama and Biden (also Senators at the time) toured the country blaming Bush for “de-regulation”, which had actually been done by former President Clinton.

After three years of exploding deficits and chronic high unemployment, no one would be surprised if the economy was a major issue in the 2012 election, which Romney can use against Obama if he is nominated. Romney’s major weakness is that his current opposition to the highly unpopular ObamaCare seems hypocritical, after signing his own socialized-medicine law in Massachusetts. But can any of the other candidates beat Obama?

Steve Z on January 4, 2012 at 4:19 PM

God, she’s a swarmy prick.

I’m surprised she doesn’t love Santorum. He’s perfect for the big government faux conservatives like her.

Nelsen on January 4, 2012 at 4:21 PM

I think just the thing to gin up a little Republican excitement would be another round of debates.

Only THIS time we let political offspring go after each other.

I propose that the first round should be Meghan McCain vs Liz Cheney.

Bedlam and Mayhem like you have never seen.

Lily on January 4, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Kinda like what the cafeteria workers say when Meghan enters the buffet line.

reddevil on January 4, 2012 at 4:23 PM

echosyst on January 4, 2012 at 3:54 PM

It’s a mystery to me why this fact seems irrelevant to “true” conservatives- it’s an even bigger mystery why a man as smart as Rush Limbaugh won’t shut up about trashing Romney. Guess he wants another four years of Obama bashing. I sure don’t.

BettyRuth on January 4, 2012 at 4:23 PM

And she is an expert because….

vpaddy123 on January 4, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Oh, come on big Mc, who died and made you knowledgeable of politics? Your has been father was the worst possible candidate 4 years ago. But the press like him. Or did until he got the nomination. My friends, don’t worry about anything this super sized gal has to say. Her old man was a loser, and so is she. As an former Marine, I admire his valor in combat and as a prisoner. However, he should never have gotten the nomination in 08. That is what the establishment will get us, losers.

rjulio on January 4, 2012 at 4:28 PM

speaking of irrelevant; hot air gives more page time to a wannabe Kardashian

burserker on January 4, 2012 at 4:35 PM

A McCain endorsement for Romney is a stake through the heart and an endorsement for anyone who is NOT Romney. What amazes me is that McCain still thinks he’s relevant or has any influence. I genuinely respect the guy’s service. But since then, I’ve disagreed with nearly everything he’s said or done. So, if he’s endorsing Romney, I have a REAL problem with Romney.

PorchDawg on January 4, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Good thing the girl’s pretty and her dad is famous because she’s about as thick as a bowling ball. Without her connections she’d be taking orders at Denny’s…or maybe a Hooters.

PorchDawg on January 4, 2012 at 4:37 PM

I never wanted McCain in 2008. We got stuck with him. And unfortunately, we got stuck with his chubby daughter too.

ctmom on January 4, 2012 at 4:38 PM

oldroy on January 4, 2012 at 3:43 PM

Yeppers.

8 weight on January 4, 2012 at 4:38 PM

I’m going to balance the Meghan McCain with the Snooki endorsement to formulate an informed opinion.

DANEgerus on January 4, 2012 at 4:39 PM

She mixed up her ‘caucs’

John Kettlewell on January 4, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Meghan McCain really needs an apple in her mouth… and a better tan… to be worthy of any luau I’d attend.

DANEgerus on January 4, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Well even a broken clock is right twice a day and she is right on this. The only female vote Santorum would get would be from right to lifers and very conservative women…

It would cause him to lose to Obama…sorry but the facts are what they are

georgealbert on January 4, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Speaking on irrelevance, didn’t the NFL draft name an award for the final NFL pick in each years draft in honor of Meghan McCain?

dthorny on January 4, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Seriously, Tina?

The Republican race is starting in earnest and you take the time to toss an article on this completely meaningless person into the afternoon mix?

If the Boss Lady (Michelle) REALLY wants to see Obama defeated this year, she needs to take a step back and figure out how she can get the most effective and motivating messaging EVERY time someone posts an article.

Pol

PolAgnostic on January 4, 2012 at 4:42 PM

DANEgerus on January 4, 2012 at 4:39 PM

The saddest part of all this is that those two idiots make Paris Hilton look good. Remember her energy plan in 2008? Good, solid, common sense, and she was smart enough not to take herself too seriously.

Laura Curtis on January 4, 2012 at 4:42 PM

The fact that Meggy Moo passes as a “Republican commentator” on MSNBC is hilarious.

Roymunson on January 4, 2012 at 4:43 PM

what a waste of a blog post. hotair is just giving meghan what she wants: attention.

Sachiko on January 4, 2012 at 3:30 PM

ru kidding? I’m having a hard time peeling myself up off the floor. This post has brought out the best of comedy, contempt and sarcasm from our fellow HACs–Hot Air Commenters. Bravo!

stukinIL4now on January 4, 2012 at 4:45 PM

MegMac helps me envision what Nancy Grace probably looked and acted like around 45 years ago.

She should be doing weight loss product commercials with Dan Marino and Terry Bradshaw.

molonlabe28 on January 4, 2012 at 4:46 PM

She is such a little piglet

jrfromdallas on January 4, 2012 at 4:46 PM

She looks like something Cain schtupped.

Yup – she is a force to be reckoned with.

CorporatePiggy on January 4, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Good Lord, what’s with all the fat jokes? That’s kind of lame.

BettyRuth on January 4, 2012 at 4:53 PM

At least Baldwin, Moore, Damon, and Clarkson are accomplished in their fields. They can “shut up and sing/act/direct.”

Meggers…what exactly is it she “does?” Is “dilettante” a verb?

Christien on January 4, 2012 at 4:55 PM

And the Iowa caucuses are Meghan McCain is “irrelevant.”

FIFY

MassVictim on January 4, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Good Lord, what’s with all the fat jokes? That’s kind of lame.

BettyRuth on January 4, 2012 at 4:53 PM

I love fat jokes in general. And most other publicly inappropriate humor.

– but I apologize to Megyn McCain — good grief, they spelled it “gyn” — for the planet joke.

Always feel like I need to be on my best behavior on TK threads … dunno why. Going to go find an AP thread so I can swear.

Axe on January 4, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Meggers…what exactly is it she “does?” Is “dilettante” a verb?

Christien on January 4, 2012 at 4:55 PM

“Dilettanterer”??

oldroy on January 4, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Good Lord, what’s with all the fat jokes? That’s kind of lame.

BettyRuth on January 4, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Contempt for overweight people is rampant at Hot Air. I suspect it mostly comes from people who have yet to experience middle age.

Frankly, I prefer women to be on the chubby side. I think it makes them sexier.

backwoods conservative on January 4, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Still wondering why this board gives coverage to this fatuous woman. Her opinions are uninformed. Were it not for her family celebrity, this lightweight trollop would go unnoticed. Seriously, wtf has she DONE, besides pose on her bed with a beer bottle during her father’s pitiful failure campaign, 4yrs ago?

rayra on January 4, 2012 at 5:03 PM

“For what it’s worth, Romney was to the right of John McCain in 2008 and he remains to the right of John McCain in 2012.”

I’d quibble with that. Romney understands economics but is willing to ignore it. McCain didn’t know economics and was happy to ignore it.

Dusty on January 4, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Uh Maggie we kind of need Iowa in the General xnay on the who cares about Iowa doesn’t matter crapola.

All of Obama’s Paths to Reelection Look Hard

The West Path: Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, and Iowa for 272 electoral votes. Obama could win these states by appealing to Latino votes as a moderate on immigration, so we dub this path The Path of Love. Trende cautions that if Republicans nominate a guy like Mitt Romney, they could win New Hampshire. And that means winning all these western states would still add up to a loss for Obama.

Dr Evil on January 4, 2012 at 5:07 PM