Huntsman on McCain’s endorsement of Romney: “Nobody cares”

posted at 4:30 pm on January 4, 2012 by Allahpundit

Made me laugh, even though (a) Maverick won New Hampshire twice so clearly some voters do care; (b) a candidate who can’t crack 13 percent in a state to which he’s completely committed probably shouldn’t goof on anyone else for being marginal; (c) this is a guy who once sent out not one but two press releases touting a “major endorsement” that ended up coming from … Jeb Bush’s son.

Still, needling McCain is an evergreen pleasure.

“I have great regard for Sen. McCain. I love the man. But it’s another example of establishment piling on,” Huntsman told reporters at Globe Incorporated, a first-responder fire suit manufacturer today.

“It seems the more establishment piles on, Dole, McCain, all the rest, nobody cares. Nobody cares about this. I mean, none of the endorsements that Romney picked up have been a thing in terms of how people respond, because the people are looking for a new generation of leadership. They’re looking for a new approach to problem solving in this country. You can get all the Doles and McCains in the world as Romney probably will, but in the end, nobody cares.”

Romney’s already the establishment candidate, so the McCain seal of approval really does him no harm. As for Huntsman, “nobody cares” was also his response to the election results last night in a swing state for which he’d be competing with Obama as nominee. Why he persists in insulting Iowa and now the sort of establishment Republicans whose help he’d need in the general election, I simply don’t know. Either he’s written off his chances of going all the way and is now aiming for a moral victory over Romney in New Hampshire or he’s arrogantly dismissive of his political opponents as a rule. Doesn’t bode well for any eleventh-hour reconciliation between him and the conservative base before South Carolina and Florida, does it?

But never mind that. The real fun of the McCain endorsement is getting to revisit all the nasty things Maverick said about Romney three years ago. Go read Jake Tapper’s post and enjoy a stroll down memory lane, replete with phrases like “a$$hole” and a “f!@#%ng phony.” Gingrich’s Super PAC, meanwhile, is now showcasing the second clip below, which first ran as a web ad in 2008 for — ta da — the McCain campaign. Exit question: Who’s going to include this golden moment from the last election in a New Hampshire ad first, Gingrich or Huntsman?

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Huntsman went against his family last time and had fund raisers for McCain. His family supported Romney and Mc Cain stuck it in thier face by going around with McCain. I’m sure he had a place in McCain’s admininstration if McCain won.
Now we know just what loyalty means to huntsman.
I hope that New Hampshire’s repubs can see through him.

And ddrintn: when ministers come out and say we must support Newt so that Romney doesn’t get in it makes you wonder. It certainly puts a lie to the rumor that Evangelicals are interested in being faithful to your wife and not screwing around, with multiples of women. Oh well, we all know the truch.

Bambi on January 4, 2012 at 6:21 PM

I think Huntsman should be called The Alienator.

dukecitygirl on January 4, 2012 at 5:55 PM

How cool would it be if he had a cameo in the next “Expendables” Movie GRIN.

Introducing Jon “Rambo” Huntsman he is the Alienator!

Dr Evil on January 4, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Whoops should read His family supported Romney and little Jon stuck it in their face by going around with McCain.

Bambi on January 4, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Not sure where my correction went:
It should read supported Romney and Huntsman stuck it in . . .

Bambi on January 4, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Based on what?

ddrintn on January 4, 2012 at 5:21 PM

You mean other than,
Fund raising (meaning support),
Organization (meaning support)?

Gunlock Bill on January 4, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Love him or hate him…that’s good stuff.

Spliff Menendez on January 4, 2012 at 6:25 PM

That Romney’s endorsement didn’t mean squat. His campaign contributions did.
ddrintn on January 4, 2012 at 6:06 PM

They represent a new generation of leadership and they will be campaigning with and for him. To suggest that “doesn’t mean squat” is asinine.

BTW, since you insist on playing this game, would you like to stipulate that Palin didn’t help McCain?

Buy Danish on January 4, 2012 at 6:25 PM

Bambi on January 4, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Well, OBVIOUSLY, Romney is the spawn of the Devil and he must be stopped to save America for Jesus Obama.

Or something.

Gunlock Bill on January 4, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Bob Huntsman is right, although the “establishment piling on” nonsense is stupid. The real question is how could Romney be so thick that he thinks anyone gives a crap what McCain says?

McCain is a complete joke to the Republican party. I wish he had run against a person with a brain in Arizona…he would have lost. Instead he got J.D. Harebrain and a reluctant reelection. Fu** McCain.

Jaibones on January 4, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Bambi on January 4, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Ha! FTR, I hate it when ministers try to tell the flock who to vote for, or when they take any political stand. I’ve had 2 Christmas Eve’s in a row ruined by idiot ministers who think it’s appropriate to use the occasion to peddle their tedious liberal political views on this night of all nights.

Buy Danish on January 4, 2012 at 6:29 PM

That said, most of us are still going to vote for him if he is the nominee, so enough with the hysterics.

Kataklysmic on January 4, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Please refrain from using the word “hysterical” with women, it has a bad connotation.

Mitt isn’t ignoring the base. Plenty of consrvatives, Tea Party folks have backed Mitt this time around.

All these nameless people casting out judgement of who’s conservative and who isn’t…..it’s pointless as I don’t have the first clue of who you are and what authority you have to say who is or isn’t conservative.

I do know Rush’s conservatism and he seems to have become a muddled mess.

sheryl on January 4, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Listen up, all you clueless, deranged, irrational Romney haters. You guys are full of it. Apparently, all you can do is listen to certain radio talk show hosts to find out what to think. I know that some of you bought into the clownshow routines of Perry, Cain and (*snicker*) even Palin, but it’s time for you all to enter the real world again.

The truth is that Romney will win the nomination and the presidency. He is the strongest candidate, BY FAR.

I’d like to defeat Obama, if you don’t mind. Enough messing around with idiot candidates who have zero chance of winning a general election. I want to win!

GO ROMNEY!!

bluegill on January 4, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Your posts make me nauseous. Do you have any idea how unhinged you sound? If I WAS a Romney fan I’d be seriously re-thinking it after reading your vitriol. Over the top.

kg598301 on January 4, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Heck, a few of them have at various points done fairly well head to head against Obama in the polls.

ddrintn on January 4, 2012 at 6:04 PM

None of them have scored as high on a consistent basis against Barry as Mitt has.

Slainte on January 4, 2012 at 6:32 PM

LOL, good for Huntsman. He might make a name for himself yet with quips like this.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on January 4, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Buy Danish on January 4, 2012 at 6:29 PM

I’ll never understand how people of faith can navigate the cognitive dissonance required to subscribe to a political ideology that says killing babies (among other things) is just fine.

Kataklysmic on January 4, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Half my neighbors in nh don’t even know who Huntsman is.

jeanie on January 4, 2012 at 6:33 PM

sheryl on January 4, 2012 at 6:30 PM

I don’t have to be anyone of stature to point out the obvious differences between the campaign Mitt ran in 2008 and the one he is running now.

Kataklysmic on January 4, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Half my neighbors in nh don’t even know who Huntsman is.

jeanie on January 4, 2012 at 6:33 PM

You can’t be serious. They don’t know Horatio Huntsman?

Slainte on January 4, 2012 at 6:37 PM

It always confounds me why Evangelical psators call Mormonism a cult while expecting cult like responses from their congregations when they ‘suggest’ something from their pulpits.

jeanie on January 4, 2012 at 6:40 PM

I was always under the impression that conservatives were perfectly capable of making up their own (individual) minds. Does anyone really give a crap who these morons endorse?

Farenht451 on January 4, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Kataklysmic on January 4, 2012 at 6:19 PM

bazil9 on January 4, 2012 at 6:42 PM

I would not be surprised if the millions and million of Mormon Republicans decided to sit out the Nov 2012 election because of the treatment Gingrich, Perry and the Iowa evangelicals of Rick Santorum because of the reglious bigotry leveled at Mitt….who could blame them.

sheryl on January 4, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Yeah. You already told us they will be disenfranchised…or something.

katy the mean old lady on January 4, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Who gives a rat’s a$$ what McLame says? Not moi.

Conservchik on January 4, 2012 at 6:47 PM

kg598301 on January 4, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Don’t you loveit? Vote for Mitt, you dumbass hick approach sure cracks me up.

katy the mean old lady on January 4, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Conservchik on January 4, 2012 at 6:47 PM

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Actually, his endorsement has the opposite effect then intended.

bazil9 on January 4, 2012 at 6:49 PM

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on January 4, 2012 at 6:32 PM

First time I’ve laughed at one of them, that’s for sure! :D

kg598301 on January 4, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Not supporting candidates because of their religious beliefs is still legal in the USA, isn’t it?

portlandon on January 4, 2012 at 5:44 PM

No stupid bigotry is still legal in the USA, you are quite correct.

sheryl on January 4, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Theoretically speaking, if I refuse to support a candidate because he worships Baal, I’m a bigot?

dukecitygirl on January 4, 2012 at 6:49 PM

sheryl on January 4, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Uh… yeah… we aren’t that thin skinned.

We have hit Broadway musical mocking us. We have rabid pastors who represent Rick Perry claiming we aren’t Christian. We have anonymous internet people screaming about our “magic underwear”. And we have wack-job and apostate Warren Jeffs screaming at the masses about apocalypse if he isn’t set free and allowed to continue raping underage girls.

But on a positive note, Thomas S Monson, Church President was #10 on he Gallup most respected persons list this year.

Believe me, if we were thin skinned enough where some wackjob upset us enough to cause us not to vote, we would have just found an easier religion to be a member of.

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on January 4, 2012 at 6:50 PM

“…the McCain seal of approval…”

All we need to know.

labrat on January 4, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Kataklysmic on January 4, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Abortion was not the issue, and I have no idea what these ministers think about that topic. A year ago I was subjected to a female minister who began to rail that WE’VE GOTTEN IT WRONG FOR 2000 YEARS! (I type that in caps to get the effect of her SHOUTING at the congregation in INDIGNANT RAGE). All I could think of when she went on like this was, Who’s “we” kemosabe? I blame Islam and Communism for screwing things up, not Christians or Christianity. And is it too much to ask for a silent night, holy night where all is calm, all is bright on Christmas Eve? If nothing else…..for the children?

This Christmas Eve I went to a different church, and the minister mentioned “gridlock in Congress”, something about something he read in the AARP Magazine, and went into great length about a Stephen King story where the main character wonders if they could have stopped the Kennedy Assassination (no mention of Communism infecting the mind of Oswald, but I digress). At the exact moment he wasted our time on this tripe, we had Iraqi and Egyptian Christians in mortal danger should they dare to show up in church on Christmas Eve. Indeed, Midnight Masses were cancelled out of fear and terror.

If I were a minister that is what I would have talked about (and if I had the resources, I’d personally sponsor some of these people who are coming to America to escape religious persecution). That’s the sort of mix of politics and religion that is not only okay, but should be mandatory.

Buy Danish on January 4, 2012 at 6:50 PM

kg598301 on January 4, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Don’t you loveit? Vote for Mitt, you dumbass hick approach sure cracks me up.

katy the mean old lady on January 4, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Yeh, makes me wanna run right out and start campaigning for him! Good grief.

kg598301 on January 4, 2012 at 6:51 PM

BTW, Mitt went to church too on Sunday. Not a word from the pulpit, not a word during the service about politics. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints does not allow it. So you will not find a Mormon Bishop or the President of the Church endorsing anyone.
Also Romney governed the most liberal state in the union and you heard nothing about him trying to force his religion on anyone, nor that he consulted with the powers that be in Salt Lake.

Bambi on January 4, 2012 at 6:52 PM

BLUEGILL IS PAID TO GO ON HOT GAS AND MAKE PEOPLE HATE ROMNEY!!

bluegill on January 4, 2012 at 5:25 PM

I fixed his GO ROMNEY, since no thinking supporter of any candidate would act like this troll.

Even supporters of their favorite Anti-Romney need to just ignore this astroturf.

WhatNot on January 4, 2012 at 6:52 PM

I can’t be sure but there is reason to suspect that Ron Paul supporters have been renting in nh just long enough to vote in our misguided open primary. Or paranoia has finally set in.

jeanie on January 4, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Conservchik on January 4, 2012 at 6:47 PM

But, but…..he was an American Hero! Our Conservative Idol who teamed up with Russ Feingold on campaign finance reform and Teddy Kennedy on immigration for the good of all Americans. /sarc

And we wonder why we’re in the deep doo doo we’re in today.

jb34461 on January 4, 2012 at 6:56 PM

dukecitygirl on January 4, 2012 at 6:49 PM

To Sheryl, anybody who opposes Mitt Romney for ANY reason, is a bigot.

portlandon on January 4, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Buy Danish on January 4, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Wow, may I ask what denomination?

bazil9 on January 4, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Here is a McCain election ad against Romney. The ultimate in flip-flop! Funny all the rest have been scrubbed.

Sparky5253 on January 4, 2012 at 7:01 PM

To Sheryl, anybody who opposes Mitt Romney for ANY reason, is a bigot.

portlandon on January 4, 2012 at 6:56 PM

You lie.

sheryl on January 4, 2012 at 7:01 PM

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on January 4, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Thanks! Every Mormon I’ve ever known have been upright, mora, family lovers with a very strong sense of civic duty.

katy the mean old lady on January 4, 2012 at 7:04 PM

sheryl on January 4, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Vous n’êtes pas “helpful” quand vous ecrivez le garbage, comme ça.

Buy Danish on January 4, 2012 at 6:50 PM
Wow, may I ask what denomination?
bazil9 on January 4, 2012 at 6:57 PM

I was raised Episcopalian. Went to Episcopal church last year, this year it was Presbyterian. Ironically these are in the South where I would hope to find a more “conservative” presentation.

I miss the traditional Episcopal Midnight Mass at St. Thomas’ Fifth Avenue church in NYC, with its magnificent boys choir – and very little in the way of sermonizing. Mostly readings – that sort of thing.

Buy Danish on January 4, 2012 at 7:05 PM

BLUEGILL IS PAID TO GO ON HOT GAS AND MAKE PEOPLE HATE ROMNEY!!

bluegill on January 4, 2012 at 5:25 PM

WhatNot on January 4, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Yep, and I think the Romney supporters are getting wise to the game. I don’t think they are paid, I think the word went out on Huffpo, and Daily Kos that Hot Air had open registration.

Dr Evil on January 4, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Bambi on January 4, 2012 at 6:52 PM

I’ve heard that before. That would be refreshing. *sigh*. Not ready to convert though:)

Buy Danish on January 4, 2012 at 7:06 PM

What’s the big deal about anyone’s religious affiliation and/or beliefs after electing a probable muslim who sat in Jeremiah Wright’s pews? Could it get any worse than what we’ve got?

jb34461 on January 4, 2012 at 7:07 PM

katy the mean old lady on January 4, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Me too, and they do seem family oriented. Which is one of Santorum’s pet causes strengthening the family. Mormon’s are about strong healthy families with good morals and values.

Dr Evil on January 4, 2012 at 7:07 PM

“…the McCain seal of approval…”

All we need to know.

labrat on January 4, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Mitt Romney thought bubble – John McCain don’t stand so close to me :)

Dr Evil on January 4, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Buy Danish on January 4, 2012 at 7:05 PM

FYI:

The PCUSA is liberal. Try the PCA or another Presbyterian group.

On the ECUSA–you’re going to have to try one of the Anglican breakaway groups.

INC on January 4, 2012 at 7:11 PM

jeanie on January 4, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Spot on.

sheryl on January 4, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Buy Danish on January 4, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Thank you for your response BD.

I stopped attending church many years ago except for holidays and special occasions. I was raised Greek Orthodox on one side and Lutheran on the other.

It saddens me to hear of the experience you described. Probably why I don’t go on a regular basis anymore.

I was thinking about returning and maybe going to an Episcopal church. I live in the South, well Florida..the only time I have been to a service that was extreme for me was in high school with a friend of mine that was Southern Baptist.

Anyway, this was OT but thank you for your reply.

bazil9 on January 4, 2012 at 7:13 PM

katy the mean old lady on January 4, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Dr Evil on January 4, 2012 at 7:07 PM

I knew a few Mormons in high school and I will say that they were the best kids in school. While the rest of us were running wild, they really lived their faith. I went to a youth social at their church with a friend and they never pushed me to convert or anything. I guess I just don’t see the big deal. It isn’t my faith but it doesn’t bother me.

bazil9 on January 4, 2012 at 7:19 PM

On the ECUSA–you’re going to have to try one of the Anglican breakaway groups.
INC on January 4, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Waiting for one to open in my neck of the woods. They have one but it practices in an office suite, which is not exactly what I’m looking for. There were plans for a church to be built but I Googled it recently and couldn’t find anything.

bazil9 on January 4, 2012 at 7:13 PM

You’re welcome. There are some very nice Episcopal churches, although admittedly they’re few and far between these day. Try it out – you might get lucky. I found a very nice one in Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina, and a nice one in Cape Elizabeth, Maine (but also found an awful one in Portland, Maine which was supposed to be the “high” church but felt like an AA meeting or something). Just ugh!

Believe it or not, what I described was not the worst I’ve encountered. The worst was the final service of Bishop Paul Moore at Grace Episcopal Church in NYC (decades ago) where he endorsed squatting in Tompkin’s Square park and other stuff. He would have made a perfect “Occupier”. This occurred well before I came to the conscious realization I was not a “liberal” but was a “conservative”. I wasn’t political at all in those days, but was nevertheless appalled. Moore was a very wealthy, uppercrusty guy afflicted with a bad case of White Guilt Syndrome (which ends up manifesting itself as Marxism).

Buy Danish on January 4, 2012 at 7:31 PM

bazil9 on January 4, 2012 at 7:19 PM

I never knew any Mormons until I moved to Georgia. There are a few in my neighborhood and they are outstanding people. The most patriotic, kind, studious, well-behaved, and…fun. I only found out they were Mormons in a round about way because of political discussions during last election.

Buy Danish on January 4, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Buy Danish on January 4, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Wow. Yeah. Not the way I want to spend Christmas eve.

Kataklysmic on January 4, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Buy Danish on January 4, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Lots of Mormon billboards up where you are?

Bmore on January 4, 2012 at 7:42 PM

sheryl on January 4, 2012 at 7:01 PM

I don’t think he’s lying.

And the other commenter who said to quit with the hysterics is right.

You’re embarassing yourself and women with your crazy comments.

dukecitygirl on January 4, 2012 at 7:44 PM

sheryl on January 4, 2012 at 6:00 PM
Vous n’êtes pas “helpful” quand vous ecrivez le garbage, comme ça.

Buy Danish on January 4, 2012 at 6:50 PM

I’m not trying to be helpful. I hate religious bigotry and we’ll speak out wherever I see it….so mind you own business.

sheryl on January 4, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Wow. Yeah. Not the way I want to spend Christmas eve.
Kataklysmic on January 4, 2012 at 7:39 PM

No kidding. I want goodwill towards men.

Buy Danish on January 4, 2012 at 7:44 PM

sheryl on January 4, 2012 at 7:44 PM

You need to leave this thread and chill. Yikes.

dukecitygirl on January 4, 2012 at 7:46 PM

You need to leave this thread and chill. Yikes.

dukecitygirl on January 4, 2012 at 7:46 PM

It’s a free country.

sheryl on January 4, 2012 at 7:49 PM

It’s a free country.

sheryl on January 4, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Oh it is? Then why did you tell someone to mind her (or his) own business on a public board?

dukecitygirl on January 4, 2012 at 7:51 PM

It’s a free country.
sheryl on January 4, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Pfft. You are here as a guest of our hosts. This is not the place to test your “right” to be a jackass because we have a constitutional right to “free speech” to protect us from government tyranny. That “right” does not apply here…

Buy Danish on January 4, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Huntsman seems to speak his mind. I’m starting to warm up to him a bit.

DFCtomm on January 4, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Huntsman seems to speak his mind. I’m starting to warm up to him a bit.

DFCtomm on January 4, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Well, speaking one’s mind isn’t exactly a virtue in itself. Meghan McCain speaks her mind and most people wish she didn’t…

dukecitygirl on January 4, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Huntsman seems to speak his mind. I’m starting to warm up to him a bit.

DFCtomm on January 4, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Huntsman lost me when he went Bachmann/Olbermann on everyone who disagreed with him on global warming.

ZGMF_Freedom on January 4, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Buy Danish on January 4, 2012 at 7:54 PM

I have free speech rights in an open forum.

And listen you may call disssing bigotry “jackassery” I really don’t care.

If you are fine with the religious bigotry that Gingrich trotted out today thru a surrogate…..that’s your free speech right but I hate it. Newt Gingrich is scum for doing it as was Perry’s preacher and are the evangelicals in Iowa who handed out flyers about

BTW why hasn’t Hot Air hasn’t link to this story yet? Their suppression of news that would taint any of the GOP field that is anti-Romney is interesting to say the least.

And the whole anti-Romney narrative stanks for anti-Mormonism….especially when conservatives drifted to Newt as an alternative.

Rush Limbaugh (a conservative thru and thru) about 4 years ago told us that Romney wasn’t only conservative but a full fledged conservative that stood for the three legs of conservatism…..with the exact same record.

National Review, a conservative iconic magazine, endorsed Mitt with the same exact record.

So all of this rhetoric here at Hot Air that Romney’s isn’t a conservative is bunk and steeped in something.

Maybe is a combination of religious bigotry and projection of the hatred for Obama & Obamacare.

All I believe is that Mitt Romney would make a great POTUS, he is the only GOP candidate that can beat Obama and that I want to th White House in 2012.

sheryl on January 4, 2012 at 8:09 PM

sheryl on January 4, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Still beating up that straw man?

You’re making yourself more and more ridiculous with your shrill accusations and hysterical comments.

Face it: some people don’t support Romney because they have doubts about his credibility, his stance on various issues, and his ability to garner enough votes to defeat Obama.

That’s not bigotry. That’s simply analysis based on what evidence they have. Maybe some are uncomfortable with his religion, but that’s no reason to scream “bigot!” at them. It does no good and makes you look immature and obnoxious.

Plus, you’re not helping Romney’s cause by behaving this way. It turns people off and they won’t want to even look at Romney. Get a grip.

dukecitygirl on January 4, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Huntsman was an impressive governor.

If he got the nomination I would gladly vote for him because I don’t want four more years of Obama. Imagine what damage BO will do after he is safely reelected.

But that love letter Jon wrote to Obama, calling him a remarkable leader—that makes me feel sick.
If Huntsman really thought Obama was remarkable I question his judgement, if he was just kissing a little butt I question his character.

Why did you do it Jon?

bailey24 on January 4, 2012 at 8:21 PM

dukecitygirl on January 4, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Sheryl does this any chance she/he has.

Bmore on January 4, 2012 at 8:28 PM

That’s not bigotry
dukecitygirl on January 4, 2012 at 8:18 PM

What you call people who pass out flyers in Iowa calling LDS religion a cult?

Listen you can bury your head in the sand and not speak of the dirty little secret in the GOP but I think telling the truth is more important. I’ve seen Sunni & Shiite religious bigotry and I hate it wherever I see it, especially when it’s in my beloved party.

I have no clue who you are or what your conservative creditials for analysis are all I know is plenty of conservatives are supporting Romney…Pawlenty, Christie, Nikki Haley, Flake, Ayotte, Issa, etc in 2012 and many conservatives supported him in 2008 e.g. Santorum, Cain, Limbaugh, Ingram, Levin, etc……all thought Mitt was a conservative because he is a conservative.

sheryl on January 4, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Sheryl does this any chance she/he has.

Bmore on January 4, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Sorry but I hate bigotry when I see it. I wish I didn’t have to write about this stuff but when someone sends out a surrogate to spew hateful stuff like Newt did today I can’t let it go un-noticed…like apparently Hot Air can??

sheryl on January 4, 2012 at 8:34 PM

sheryl on January 4, 2012 at 8:34 PM

I understand. You didn’t answer my ? I posted to you earlier. Are there a lot of Mormon billboards up where you are?

Bmore on January 4, 2012 at 8:42 PM

sheryl on January 4, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Oh please, get off your high horse. You’re becoming very annoying. No one appointed you as the Great Defender of Religious Liberty.

I’ve read some of your other comments that are spiteful and hateful about other potential candidates – so you are not pure as the driven snow.

I think it’s time to ignore you.

dukecitygirl on January 4, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Bmore on January 4, 2012 at 8:42 PM

No. I live in norhtern california (near SF) and because of prop 8 (which I support) Mormons aren’t popular here because of their role in getting it passed.

sheryl on January 4, 2012 at 8:46 PM

dukecitygirl on January 4, 2012 at 8:45 PM

I’m sorry did you say something?

sheryl on January 4, 2012 at 8:47 PM

sheryl on January 4, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Thankyou.

Bmore on January 4, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Bmore on January 4, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Yes, I’ve noticed. She can be quite vitriolic. She is unhinged now, but you should see her go ballistic on a Palin thread. She positively hates her.

It’s pathological.

dukecitygirl on January 4, 2012 at 8:50 PM

dukecitygirl on January 4, 2012 at 8:50 PM

You shouldn’t talk about things you don’t know about and that’s what I think of Palin.

I absolutely don’t hate her. I voted for McCain because of her.

Since she left office, I’ve been very disappointed in her and the path she’s taken but I like a lot about Sarah Palin.

sheryl on January 4, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Maybe Huntsman just thinks that if he gets a reputation for snotty commentary… he’d at least have a reputation.

Murf76 on January 4, 2012 at 8:55 PM

I agree with him on this one.

tacodawn on January 4, 2012 at 9:00 PM

we are hitting the wrong targets.

rob verdi on January 4, 2012 at 9:03 PM

I have free speech rights in an open forum
sheryl on January 4, 2012 at 8:09 PM

No you don’t. And your policy positions are irrelevant. I am in agreement with some (but by no means all!) of what you say (and there is some truth in what you say about “bigotry”). But no one, no matter what their views are, is immune from the ban hammer should they violate the terms of use – at the discretion of our hosts. I’m not saying you have (I haven’t followed you that closely), I’m just saying that the fact that this is a “free country” does not give you (or anyone else) the “right” to say whatever they want at any “forum”.

P.S. Just a suggestion, you may want to rein in the hyperbole. It does make you look like a jackass.

Buy Danish on January 4, 2012 at 9:14 PM

All politicians are flip floppers. As long as they become more conservative..who cares?

therightwinger on January 4, 2012 at 4:45 PM

That’s not true. Bachmann and Ron Paul aren’t.

FloatingRock on January 4, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Respect.

apocalypse on January 4, 2012 at 9:35 PM

apocalypse on January 4, 2012 at 5:52 PM

apocalypse, you should have stayed with the first comment.

mike_NC9 on January 4, 2012 at 5:55 PM

They’re laughing at people like you.

apocalypse on January 4, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Romney’s endorsement in itself doesn’t mean squat. He’s cashing in his IOUs.

Buy Danish on January 4, 2012 at 6:25 PM

In his re-election? Of course she did, unfortunately.

ddrintn on January 4, 2012 at 9:44 PM

apocalypse on January 4, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Seven “you knows”.

dukecitygirl on January 4, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Dukecitygirl… keep your mouth shut, know your place and have my dinner ready for me when I get home

apocalypse on January 4, 2012 at 9:46 PM

“Nobody cares”

Nobody sides with everybody on this, he doesn’t care either.

rukiddingme on January 4, 2012 at 10:40 PM

apocalypse on January 4, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Like, you know, you’re a pig, dude, you know.

dukecitygirl on January 4, 2012 at 10:47 PM

apocalypse on January 4, 2012 at 9:46 PM

You know, you forgot to say “idiot”, you know.

dukecitygirl on January 4, 2012 at 10:48 PM

This is pretty much the BEST admission yet in the Republican Presidential primaries. Uh, we all knew this was gonna happen. You know, if you’re a smart thinking person and using your head for more than a hat rack. You know, I don’t wanna say the Illuminati or the New World Order or Bilderberg group or the Council of 300, but there is a group of wicked, evil, psychotic, demonic people who really run this country who lurk in the shadows. You know, they’re the wealthy. They’re the bankers. Who knows really who they are, but these are the people who pull the strings. You know, it goes back from the beginning of time. It all goes back to money. You do your research on that. The love of money is the root of all evil and we’re gonna be amazed when we get to heaven and see what’s really happening on this planet and see how monies tied into just everything that’s happened, OK. Now, this is very bad that this is happening and it’s a big reason why the Tea Party came into existence. You know, we are approaching the 2012 general election against Barack Obama, President Obama, whatever you wanna call him. To me, he means nothing. He is just a phony in my eyes. Basically, just another puppet. You know, strung along by these psychotic people. You know it just makes me sick when this Republican primary is going on and it goes for every primary. It doesn’t matter if you’re white, black, whatever. These Republican candidates don’t make it without the approval of the establishment and the President doesn’t run the country. He’s just a puppet and so remember that during the election. You want change? There is never CHANGE you stupid jerks. There is never CHANGE! They control us. No matter what. They do what they wanna do. You guys are puppets just like the rest of the Republicans candidates.

apocalypse on January 4, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Just for folks to see. Makes Ron Paul look reasonable.

dukecitygirl on January 4, 2012 at 10:58 PM

apocalypse on January 4, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Seven “you knows”.

Is that you, Meghan McCain?

dukecitygirl on January 4, 2012 at 5:57 PM

apocalypse on January 4, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Like, you know, you’re a pig, dude, you know.

dukecitygirl on January 4, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Are you a girl or boy…can’t tell by that name

apocalypse on January 5, 2012 at 12:08 AM

apocalypse on January 4, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Just for folks to see. Makes Ron Paul look reasonable.

dukecitygirl on January 4, 2012 at 10:58 PM

They’re laughing at you. They’re laughing in YOUR face.

apocalypse on January 5, 2012 at 12:14 AM

ddrintn on January 4, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Romney’s endorsement in itself doesn’t mean squat. He’s cashing in his IOUs.

Why do you keep flipping the topic to his endorsement of them? That’s not what Huntsman was talking about and its not what I’m talking about. The topic is the value of their endorsement. Huntsman says it doesn’t matter, I beg to differ.

But as for you assertion that his endorsements didn’t meant squat, Chris Christie (for example) would beg to differ. I just heard him talking about how much Romney’s early support for him meant in practical terms for his ability to win an election as N.J. Governor. Romney got behind him before anyone. That’s a fact, Jack. Deal with it. Dittos for Bob McDonnell and Nikki Haley, both of whom he campaigned with very early on.

Romney’s endorsement in itself doesn’t mean squat. He’s cashing in his IOUs.In his re-election? Of course she did, unfortunately.

Thanks for proving my point. Endorsements and campaigning with/for a candidate is helpful. It’s hilarious watching you twist yourself into knots as you try to have it both ways. Endorsements mean “squat” unless it’s super star Palin, in which case they really really matter and Haley can thank her alone for winning her election.

Buy Danish on January 5, 2012 at 8:44 AM

To Sheryl, anybody who opposes Mitt Romney for ANY reason, is a bigot.

portlandon on January 4, 2012 at 6:56 PM

You lie.

sheryl on January 4, 2012 at 7:01 PM

And also a liar, apparently.

Sterling Holobyte on January 5, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Or something.

Gunlock Bill on January 4, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Your sarcasm aside, if Romney is President it will be almost the same as Obama. Romney is a fickle RINO who will turn on a dime if it will help him be popular, so you will never know his true motives; at least we know Obama is an evil fink.

Sterling Holobyte on January 5, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Nobody cares that Huntsman said “nobody cares”.

roux on January 5, 2012 at 4:20 PM

I am editing one of my posts and re-posting because I may refer back to it in the future. Thanks.

apocalypse on January 5, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Allahpundit on Jan 4, 2012 4:30 PM

This is pretty much the BEST admission yet in the Republican Presidential primaries. Uh, we all knew this was gonna happen. If you’re a smart thinking person and using your head for more than a hat rack. You know, I don’t wanna say the Illuminati or the New World Order or Bilderberg group or the Council of 300, but there is a group of wicked, evil, psychotic, demonic people who really run this country who lurk in the shadows. They’re the wealthy. They’re the bankers. Who knows really who they are, but these are the people who pull the strings. They sit around and have these meetings and decide which candidate needs to win to continue their agenda or who’s not co-operating and has to go. It all goes back to money. You do your research on that. The love of money is the root of all evil and we’re gonna be amazed when we get to heaven and see what’s really happening on this planet and see how monies tied into just everything that’s happened, OK. Now, this is very bad that this is happening and it’s a big reason why the Tea Party came into existence. We are approaching the 2012 election against Barack Obama, President Obama, whatever you wanna call him. To me, he means nothing. He is just a phony in my eyes. Basically, just another puppet. You know, strung along by these psychotic people. It just makes me sick when this Republican primary is going on and it goes for every primary. It doesn’t matter if you’re white, black, whatever. These Republican candidates don’t make it without the approval of the establishment and the President doesn’t run the country. He’s just a puppet, and, so, remember that during the election. You want change? There is never CHANGE you stupid jerks. There is never CHANGE! They control us. No matter what. They do what they wanna do. You guys are puppets just like the rest of the Republicans candidates.

apocalypse on January 5, 2012 at 8:19 PM