January Hot Air Survey, Caucus Edition

posted at 9:50 am on January 3, 2012 by Patrick Ishmael

Survey’s shorter than usual, so invite your friends. Should be a quick vote. Questions? I’m here.

This post was promoted from GreenRoom to HotAir.com.
To see the comments on the original post, look here.

Comments

Love these surveys.

Electrongod on January 3, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Keep them coming Patrick, it’s nice to see where I line up with other Hot Gasser’s.

D-fusit on January 3, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Happy new year Patrick!

Thanks,buddy

cmsinaz on January 3, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Sigh… Romney.

Abby Adams on January 3, 2012 at 9:57 AM

I WANT THE RESULTS …RIGHT NOW!

KOOLAID2 on January 3, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Thanks, Patrick!

tinkerthinker on January 3, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Perry…then Shep Huntsmann.
The man has grown on me.
*sigh*

annoyinglittletwerp on January 3, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Perry, Mittens, Newt. Yes, mittens second.

WisRich on January 3, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Does anyone recall about what time the results will be after they caucus?

levi on January 3, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Hey,
Why no option Palin, like last time? Is HA afraid that she would still be chosen over the current crop even though she is not running?

Here is my poll, Palin versus anyone else running, whom do you choose?

ConservativePartyNow on January 3, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Once upon a time, in a galaxy far, far away, we didn’t have to hold our nose and vote! It is unfortunate that the best that we have won’t run because of all the biased media and attack ads trying to destroy them and their families lives, but, sheesh….Let’s all concentrate on attacking and removing Obama rather than give the DNC sound bites for their attack ads.

Grumpy Curmudgeon on January 3, 2012 at 10:12 AM

If your first and second choices weren’t running, who would be your third choice?

Ugh…that was a hard one.

joekenha on January 3, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Newt, Santorum?!?, Perry. Shriek!- The suspense in these primaries are going to kill me.

AZgranny on January 3, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Lets see, should I vote for:

A) The big government candidate
B) The unelectable kook
C) One of the others, all of whom are currently putting on clinics on how Not to run a campaign

Choices, choices.

Kataklysmic on January 3, 2012 at 10:14 AM

1 Perry

2 Huntsman

3 Gingrich

4 Lawn Gnome

Dr Evil on January 3, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Perry…then Shep Huntsmann.
The man has grown on me.
*sigh*

annoyinglittletwerp on January 3, 2012 at 10:03 AM

I know what’s up with that….it’s like he’s wearing the electorate down one smirk at a time :)

Dr Evil on January 3, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Whatever it takes to kick RomPauPerry to the curb.

Fletch54 on January 3, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Lawn Gnome Reagan

sgcinco on January 3, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Here is my poll, Palin versus anyone else running, whom do you choose?

ConservativePartyNow on January 3, 2012 at 10:09 AM

With the exception of Bachmann and Paul…anyone else.
Go Perry!

annoyinglittletwerp on January 3, 2012 at 10:19 AM

ConservativePartyNow on January 3, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Your messiah ain’t running.
Move on.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 3, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Sadly, a Lawn Gnome (a Lawn Gnome named Reagan and a Hurricane named Lawn Gnome) are currently sitting this one out (and I can’t find Buddy’s name anywhere, either). I guess it’s time to get serious, Patrick’s not playin’ with us anymore.

I’d still like the option of “wipe the slate clean”…

Fallon on January 3, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Perry then Romney I guess.

gophergirl on January 3, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Thanks Patrick for these polls. I love the fact you usually do two per month also. Looking forward to the results. Want to see how that ding dong loon paul does?
L

letget on January 3, 2012 at 10:24 AM

I voted differently this time around. I pictured myself in the voting booth, honestly thinking about how I would really vote. I voted for Romney. Even though I am closer ideologically to Bachmann and Perry, I still voted for Romney. I believe this is because of electablity.

Creston on January 3, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Will we please stop with the overall assumption that there are people in our primary that are unelectable (with the exception of Ron Paul even then a case maybe made)! Not a single ballot has been cast in the primary and yet some have got it all figured out.

The last time I checked cons out number libs and if people really think that the “indies” are all going to flock over to Obama after the horrible four years of “leadership” need to get their head out of the sand.

PuritanD71 on January 3, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Perry…then Shep Huntsmann.
The man has grown on me.
*sigh*

annoyinglittletwerp on January 3, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Then go to the doctor and have it removed.

They grow corn in Iowa.

cozmo on January 3, 2012 at 10:31 AM

What, no Lawn Gnome?! That Paul/Romney/Santorum question was hard, too! It’ll be interesting to see who’ll be in first place this time. (My honest guess is that it’ll probably be Santorum.)

louisianapatriette on January 3, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Hmmm, a poll…..color me excited!! or maybe not..

I’ve done my own internal poll for months. It has one name

PALIN. She’s not running….so I’ll try to keep myself entertained
reading all the bashing here until, oh about June, when we have
a turd that will “excite” the masses….ZZZZZZZZZZZ.

ToddPA on January 3, 2012 at 10:37 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on January 3, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Dr Evil on January 3, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Yeeeeeessssssss….
Come to the Dark Side….

Huntsman 2012!

Abby Adams on January 3, 2012 at 10:42 AM

I’m devastated. I really thought Lawn Gnome Reagan had a chance. He could have been a contender.

dmn1972 on January 3, 2012 at 10:48 AM

This is awful. This is like having a choice of John McCains but with different names.
And it hasn’t approved my opinion of Romney, which was none to good to begin with, that he’s gone so negative on Newt.
OTOH, if Mittel Man had taken that time, energy and money and exposed the solid B+ in Chief for what he actually is, then I’d be ecstatic.

vityas on January 3, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Go Mittens!

minnesoter on January 3, 2012 at 10:50 AM

All that info stuff, does it have to be where you live or match the computer you are voting from?

Cindy Munford on January 3, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Perry with Gingrich a distant second. I chose “no one” for the third choice option.

Paul v Romney v Santorum… I’d choose Santorum. I can’t imagine having to carry Romney’s baggage in the general.

Y-not on January 3, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Palin versus anyone else running, whom do you choose?

Anyone else running (except for the insane dwarf with the fake eyebrows).

At least they had the stones to run.

cool breeze on January 3, 2012 at 10:57 AM

1.Santorum
2.Perry*
3.Gingrich*

At this stage I’ll still have to be convinced/persuaded to vote Republican no matter who the nominee but especially if Mr. Santorum isn’t it. I might accept Perry or Gingrich, but if Romney or Paul get the nomination I’m automatically voting Constitution Party by default.

Here’s to hoping that Mr. Santorum can stick it out another month.

Missouri decided for some ridiculous reason to hold its primary a month earlier than normal. Thus our votes won’t go towards getting delegates… the state GOP geniuses will then meet at the end of March to caucus and determine delegates…

I almost wonder if they didn’t do this on purpose… hedging bets? I’m guessing that the Missouri GOP doesn’t necessarily have to give delegates according to the primary results held.

This deserves Hot Air coverage if it hasn’t already.

Logus on January 3, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Huntsman. What a dreamboat!

onetrickpony on January 3, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Newt, Perry, Romney. Not excited. Actually this depressed me. Thanks Patrick.

FLconservative on January 3, 2012 at 11:05 AM

I prefer Bachmann overall and hope she surges again but since she hasn’t yet, I voted for Ron Paul. If she makes a come back I’ll be there.

FloatingRock on January 3, 2012 at 11:13 AM

I voted for Romney ’cause he speaks French.

a capella on January 3, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Why is Paul the only one whose first name is listed? It’s not like Rand is also running.

Seven Seas on January 3, 2012 at 11:20 AM

I voted for Romney ’cause he speaks French.

a capella on January 3, 2012 at 11:13 AM

If you’re going to go on that. We should have voted for Huntsmann since he speaks Chinese, as do the billion+ of our new overlords if obama wins again.

ConservativePartyNow on January 3, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Bachmann, Perry, Santorum.

Santorum.

Not touching Romney with a 39-1/2′ pole, and him before Paul. Gingrich has proven that he shouldn’t be President, but even him before either Paul or Romney.

Until the general, please stand on principle and vote your conscience. Then find out who may or may not be “electable”.

Freelancer on January 3, 2012 at 11:26 AM

I agree.

None of these candidates is perfect. Don’t kid yourselves. Each one of them would require a lot of help from conservatives to pull them across the finish line in the general. So let’s use the primary to give the folks heading to the convention (and working on our party platform) a true sense of where GOP voters stand.

Y-not on January 3, 2012 at 11:31 AM

1. Perry
2. Santorum
3. Eeny, meeny, miny, moe

Please, God, just don’t make me have to vote for Romney! If I do, I’ll have to get hoot owl drunk, first, and I know You won’t be pleased about that.

TheClearRiver on January 3, 2012 at 11:31 AM

it was such a tough choice!! i don’t really like any of them.

i chose santorum-gingrich-perry. (then santorum again)

but if i lived in iowa i would still write in palin… as a protest vote against the other candidates, because i don’t like them very much.

Sachiko on January 3, 2012 at 11:32 AM

I always have this inner debate that goes: ‘do you chose a rocket that gets you to the moon, or do you chose a rocket that gets into Earth’s orbit’. I mean by that, chose the function that gets the job done or one that gets the point across that one wants the job done.

So I again opt for the rocket that gets us to the moon, with a second choice for the rocket that gets into Earth’s orbit.

Only way I can justify selecting a liberal among the GOP for the Presidency…we will get the job done and the job, it is getting a GOP President in this Fall and Obama out.

Lourdes on January 3, 2012 at 11:33 AM

These choices are so painful it makes even my teeth hurt.

And my teeth are false.

Flora Duh on January 3, 2012 at 11:33 AM

1. Romney
2. Santorum
3. Gingrich

…my decision after my rocket-dilemma consideration.

Lourdes on January 3, 2012 at 11:35 AM

…then Shep Huntsmann.
The man has grown on me.
*sigh*

annoyinglittletwerp on January 3, 2012 at 10:03 AM

I agree about Huntsman. I’m as surprised as anyone that I’d be at this point, too — guy grows on ya’.

Lourdes on January 3, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Huntsman. What a dreamboat!

onetrickpony on January 3, 2012 at 11:04 AM

LOL! I admire your honest-but-shallow reasoning. At least, he’d be easy to look at while he wrecks the country.

TheClearRiver on January 3, 2012 at 11:37 AM

1. Perry

2. Hurricane lawn gnome Reagan

3. Secede! You big government nanny staters, D & R, can shove it.

Okay. Kidding about secession. But you big government nanny staters can still shove it.

bitsy on January 3, 2012 at 11:40 AM

These choices are so painful it makes even my teeth hurt.

And my teeth are false.

Flora Duh on January 3, 2012 at 11:33 AM

I am soooo gonna use this, even though I’ve still got my real teeth. It’s just too funny to pass up.

TheClearRiver on January 3, 2012 at 11:42 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on January 3, 2012 at 10:21 AM

It’s funny to watch you get so worked up over 1 comment about Palin that you have to respond with 2…

FWIW, I voted in the categories offered- then put “Palin” in the box for other comments.

(Oh, and a pre-emptive answer- she isn’t my “messiah,” just someone I wish was running instead of the current choices. And, like it or not, I have the freedom to state that in these comments. Have a nice day!)

cs89 on January 3, 2012 at 11:42 AM

I’m from Michigan and I am not for Mitt. His father maybe but not him.

mechkiller_k on January 3, 2012 at 11:46 AM

The moderators ate my comment. Okay. That was a comment that deserved to get eaten. I was up all night with two sick babies, and I didn’t get enough coffee this morning, and then you ask me about this stupid election. So I feel a bit surly today.

bitsy on January 3, 2012 at 11:54 AM

TheClearRiver on January 3, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Be my guest. :-)

Flora Duh on January 3, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Cindy Munford on January 3, 2012 at 10:52 AM

I think its just for demographic purposes.

AndStatistics on January 3, 2012 at 12:24 PM

I think its just for demographic purposes.

AndStatistics on January 3, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Its done to pass this information on to those who will be “minders” when Hot Gas takes over the world. Just wait, you’ll see. There is enough information given to lock in your position.

cozmo on January 3, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Santorum, Gingrich, Romney?

steebo77 on January 3, 2012 at 12:46 PM

cs89 on January 3, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Great reply, I’m with you.

cigarcamel on January 3, 2012 at 12:58 PM

1. PERRY
2. ???
I really hope that Iowans got to know Rick Perry from meeting him . Not how some of the media do in a negative sense.
Rick Perry will be liked by many Americans and can feel he can lead our Country out of deep waters.
People need to find out things for themselves and not follow polls or the media. Decide yourself !!! RICK PERRY 2012
I still like that interview yesterday with Perry and the Politico White House Correspondent. Do you have names, Do you have names!!!
Awesome GO RICK PERRY he is a STRONG LEADER!!!

nancysabet on January 3, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Perry, Newt, Huntsman

El_Terrible on January 3, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Grumpy Curmudgeon on January 3, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Sad, but true.

talkingpoints on January 3, 2012 at 2:10 PM

1. Lawn gnome.
2. Ham sandwich.
3. Romney.
4. Bachman. (probably unelectable due to media)
5. Perry. (probably unelectable due to poor media persona)
6. Ryan.
7. Palin. (unelectable due to media)
8. West.
9. Rice.
10. Christie.
11. Walker.
12. Jindal.
13. Rubio.

While I dislike some facets of all declared candidates, I would vote for any of them over Obama. (Even Gingrich, Paul, Johnson or Huntsman)

talkingpoints on January 3, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Perry then Newt then Huntsman, but I think we can all feel where this nomination is going…

Lawdawg86 on January 3, 2012 at 2:48 PM

talkingpoints on January 3, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Pffft, everyone knows Lawn Gnome would eat Ham Sandwich for lunch.

Lawdawg86 on January 3, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Pffft, everyone knows Lawn Gnome would eat Ham Sandwich for lunch.

Lawdawg86 on January 3, 2012 at 2:53 PM

*sigh* Lawn Gnome. His eyes sparkle as he waves at me. It’s like he knows me.

dmn1972 on January 3, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Why is Johnson included in this survey? Didn’t he drop out of the Republican Party recently to run as a Libertarian?

Theophile on January 3, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Yes, I know Palin is not on the ballot. I really wish she would reconsider and I will hold out hope to the very end. Call me nuts, I don’t care.

Failing her opportunity to make a difference, I am for Santorum. He is pro-life, which is always for me the first test/disqualifier. Secondly he is a home-schooler, again a good thing in my book as all my kids were/are homeschooled. I think he gets it.

MJScanlonOH on January 3, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Freelancer on January 3, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Amen. Romney is the only one who would make me vote third party if he were nominated. I would vote for Paul (again – my first Presidential Vote was for him – back in 1988) before I voted for Romney.

Perry is my first choice and Santorum my second.

Theophile on January 3, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Perry, Newt, and then and only then, Romney (can’t understand the choice of Santorum as a conservative. This should be an election about freedom and economics not social issues.) He was my third choice last go around (Duncan Hunter, Fred Thompson, and then Romney was only option left besides McCain and Huckabee.)

Double sigh.

I can’t help but be nervous about the results tonight. I will come here instead of the networks.

jazzuscounty on January 3, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Creston on January 3, 2012 at 10:27 AM

I lied about who I would vote for just to mess with the polling data. I’ve been doing it consistently.

MJBrutus on January 3, 2012 at 6:24 PM