Gingrich’s internal poll: Romney 22, Gingrich 17, Santorum 16

posted at 4:20 pm on January 3, 2012 by Allahpundit

I wouldn’t usually blog an internal poll, especially one this dubious, but we’re desperate for tea leaves about tonight and right now this little scrap is the best we can do, alas. How dubious is it? Well, since Thanksgiving, Ron Paul has dipped below 16 percent in Iowa just once, and that one poll was based on a tiny sample of just 277 likely voters. Since then, he’s cracked 20 percent in 11 of the 12 polls taken. Gingrich, meanwhile, has never been higher than 17 percent in the last 11 polls of the state and only twice was he even that high. To believe these internal numbers are true, you have to somehow believe that (a) reports of Santorum’s momentum are overstated, (b) Gingrich’s endless whining about Romney’s attack ads over the past few days is actually helping his numbers, and (c) Paul’s going to fall flat on his face tonight despite intense enthusiasm among his supporters and an excellent local organization. Anyone think all three of those things are true?

Why, this almost seems like a calculated leak by the Gingrich camp to give his own supporters, who might otherwise have given up hope, a reason to turn out tonight. Santorum’s rosy polls lately seem to be driving his surge as more undecideds conclude that backing him wouldn’t be waste of a vote. Newt’s trying to recreate that dynamic himself, I guess. While we wait for entrance polls at the caucus sites or some other tidbit to obsessively overanalyze, here’s a long interview of Romney by Laura Ingraham on today’s show. Skip ahead to 4:30 for his reaction to Gingrich calling him a liar. Exit quotation: “I don’t know why he’s so angry.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Doesnt Ed usually go out to the ground or someone? Anyway I’m getting tons of pics from family on Perry’s ground game. I think that will give us a surprise tonight though I think Paul will win with his current support and organization and dem votes. Romney, I actually expect him to dip below expectations cause of weak turnout.

Flapjackmaka on January 3, 2012 at 4:25 PM

He’s going to pull this out, watch.

tommyhawk on January 3, 2012 at 4:26 PM

He peaked too early. Santorum has the prime spot, too bad he’d get blown out in literally any real election.

John_Locke on January 3, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Newt is suppose to be this tough, smart fighter. But watching them two go go back and forth is like watching a cat toy with a mouse.

swamp_yankee on January 3, 2012 at 4:27 PM

I believe the poll. Newt is by far the best canidate to attack Obama where he lives. Go Newt!

Kaffa on January 3, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Awww…Big government Newt is just ticked because Beck and the Tea Party gave him the boot. Glenn read us the riot act online for even considering him despite his excellent debating skills.

trish333 on January 3, 2012 at 4:29 PM

When did Ingraham turn into a Romney shill? I always thought she was more of the anti-establishment type.

angryed on January 3, 2012 at 4:29 PM

He’s going to pull this out, watch

Who, Gingrich?

Flapjackmaka on January 3, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Desperation is a stinky cologne Newt.

JohnGalt23 on January 3, 2012 at 4:30 PM

I’ll be surprised if the final results resemble the polls we have seen so far – so I won’t say Newt’s poll is ridiculous, but I don’t but much stock in it.

DRayRaven on January 3, 2012 at 4:30 PM

swamp_yankee on January 3, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Suppose? I think you mean supposed. I thought you Romney guys were super duper terrific smart and edumacated or somethin’

angryed on January 3, 2012 at 4:30 PM

you have to somehow believe that…Gingrich’s endless whining about Romney’s attack ads over the past few days is actually helping his numbers

No can do. Bridge too far.

I like Newt but how Mr. “Student of History” thought he was going to go anywhere staying positive while Romney and Paul rained down millions in negative ads on him is truly a mystery.

Kataklysmic on January 3, 2012 at 4:30 PM

romney responds to being called a liar by lying again. i hope all you romney fans are real happy next oct. when he starts to really stink up the place. but romney supporters like coulter and her ilk will use the obama excuse of that it would of been worse with newt or the ricks. just watch romney move, his head is totally connected to his ass and thats not good!

rik on January 3, 2012 at 4:31 PM

“I don’t know why he’s so angry.”

-Mitt Romney

Says the guy who got angry during a softball Bret Bair interview.

portlandon on January 3, 2012 at 4:31 PM

When asked why he let his SuperPac smear Newt, Mittens responded by saying he was prohibited by law from telling the PAC to stop. The very next day when told there were no such laws, Mittens responded by saying well “that’s politics.”

What a disgraceful liar!

LevinFan on January 3, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Ron Paul’s Amoral and nutty Foreign Policy, where sanctions on Iran by us is an “Act of War” yet 9/11 was a Crime:

jp on January 3, 2012 at 4:31 PM

I don’t know why he’s so angry.

Cant wait to see Mitt’s reaction where he doesnt win an election again.

Flapjackmaka on January 3, 2012 at 4:32 PM

He’s going to pull this out, watch.

tommyhawk on January 3, 2012 at 4:26 PM

I don’t think so. I’m betting the Newt comes in behind Perry.

Not getting on the Virginia ballot and his continued whining has destroyed him.

JPeterman on January 3, 2012 at 4:32 PM

LOL…Romney said he and Huckabee were the conservative alternatives in 2008. Dude, how far left do you have to be to think Huckabee is right? Good lord.

angryed on January 3, 2012 at 4:32 PM

angryed on January 3, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Careful angryed. They throw their poop.

portlandon on January 3, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Steve Deace Momentum?

jp on January 3, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Allahpundit, you sort of remind me of Alien Colter. I guess you sold out to Romney too. Was it his looks or his money?

Zelsdorf Ragshaft on January 3, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Gingrich is taking the “whiny little 8itch” monicker to a new level.

Gingrich: “Waaaaaaa…..teacher, teacher!!! They called me a poo-poo head!”

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Its all about the expectations game at this point. Here’s what each candidate need to do tonight to meet/exceed expectations and claim momentum:

Romney & Paul: Need to place 1st or a strong 2nd (within 2-3 points of 1st)

Santorum: Need to be in the top 3

Perry: 3rd or close 4th (within 2-3 points of 3rd)

Gingrich: same as Perry

Bachmann: above 10%

Huntsman: same as Bachmann

I will grade each candidate based on the expectations after the results are in.

Norwegian on January 3, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Aww, it’s ok Newt, Chris “Tingles” Matthews agrees that you’ve been treated poorly by the other campaigns.

(newsbusters) “It’s been run by the Romney people, unofficially, but everybody knows who’s running [it], it’s called Restore Our Future …. I can only compare it to the Allied bombing of Dresden in World War II. They’ve left nothing standing in terms of the Gingrich campaign,” Matthews complained.

I guess an endorsement from Tingles is the kind of thing that impresses you hate-Mittbots.

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on January 3, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Why does anyone care about the Iowa Caucuses, anyway? Last time around, Huckabee was the winner. You don’t have to go any further than that.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on January 3, 2012 at 4:36 PM

And just think none of what happens tonight will count for anything. Not one vote will go for any real delegates… but yet everyone seems to be going crazy about it. You’ll have about 120,000 votes telling us what exactly? And not one vote counts for anything at all…

Shain1611 on January 3, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Zelsdorf Ragshaft on January 3, 2012 at 4:34 PM

blatantblue on January 3, 2012 at 4:36 PM

if so close, why acknowledge he won’t win?

Donald Draper on January 3, 2012 at 4:37 PM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on January 3, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Worse than that, Huck won, but McCain got the delegates.

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on January 3, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Newt has best economic plan. Period.

The rest is BS and posturing.

There is but One Choice

mankai on January 3, 2012 at 4:37 PM

I am curious how well Uncle Crackers will actually fare. How many people are actually willing to go through the effort for the old crank??

Southernblogger on January 3, 2012 at 4:38 PM

angryed on January 3, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Dude, when you resort to online grammar challenges, you’ve lost the argument, the battle, the war, and most of your marbles. Maybe it’s a conspiracy. Maybe the Republican Party elites and Gov. Romney have fanned out a bunch of folks to misuse past participles, or create intentional typos, in turn causing the anti-Romney forces to freak out and be unable to vote in the primaries. Yeah. I think that’s it. Get out there, now, and tell the folks what’s really going on here. Warn them! The Romneybots are using bad grammar — and it’s a conspiracy!

Rational Thought on January 3, 2012 at 4:38 PM

but we’re desperate for tea leaves

Meh. Gotta differ – I’m not. We’ll see what shakes out in the light of Wednesday morn.

whatcat on January 3, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Zelsdorf Ragshaft on January 3, 2012 at 4:34 PM

I know I’m going to regret asking, but here goes: How have I sold out to Romney? I thought that my disgust at Romney winning was palpable from my posts.

Allahpundit on January 3, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Gingrich is taking the “whiny little 8itch” monicker to a new level.

Romney takes the cake though with his interviews and debates.

Flapjackmaka on January 3, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Gingrich is taking the “whiny little 8itch” monicker to a new level.

Gingrich: “Waaaaaaa…..teacher, teacher!!! They called me a poo-poo head!”

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Damn, you Mittbots make the most stirring arguments!/

btw – how ’bout trying to defend Mitt’s Democrat-lite tax plan some time?

mankai on January 3, 2012 at 4:39 PM

angryed on January 3, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Just so the group understands…..he criticizes Gingrich and you criticize your fellow HA member.

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 4:40 PM

About the accuracy of internal polling…

Why would a candidate spend the money on polling that doesn’t give him/her and accurate assessment of where they stand?

Now how a campaign reports or spins something is a different matter.

TBBT on January 3, 2012 at 4:41 PM

>$250K/yr = “the rich” [Obama]

>$200K/yr = “the rich” [Mittens]

We have a choice people! Thanks, Mitt!

mankai on January 3, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Southernblogger on January 3, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Eh – OWSers, paranoid conspiracy nuts, druggies and Aryan-nation types are always motivated. Teh Crazy does that to people, y’know.

whatcat on January 3, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Allahpundit on January 3, 2012 at 4:39 PM

You didn’t mention any of the hate-Mitt codewords… Magic Underwear, Wall Street CEO, Socialist, Obama-Lite…

The Hate-Mitt bots are kind of thick, you can’t expect them to pick up on… nuance

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on January 3, 2012 at 4:42 PM

btw – how ’bout trying to defend Mitt’s Democrat-lite tax plan some time?

mankai on January 3, 2012 at 4:39 PM

You’d better support the Nominee or you are a terrible person, or something.

portlandon on January 3, 2012 at 4:43 PM

I thought that my disgust at Romney winning was palpable from my posts.

Dont worry. I read your posts.

Flapjackmaka on January 3, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Allahpundit on January 3, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Don’t lie – you’re obviously in the tank for “none of the above”!

whatcat on January 3, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Conservatives need to unite behind Newt.

mankai on January 3, 2012 at 4:44 PM

angryed on January 3, 2012 at 4:29 PM

I was wondering when someone would make that accusation. Glad to see it came within the first 10 posts.

Curse that Ingraham, for not trying to tear apart the man who will likely be the Republican nominee. Everyone knows that it’s far more important to perpetuate a scorched earth campaign against one’s own party members than to actually defeat Obama.

Vyce on January 3, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Workers of the World, Unite! By DAVID BROOKS

Nice to see the Socialists in the National Media dusting off the Marxist slogans – truth in advertising?

Chip on January 3, 2012 at 4:46 PM

I thought that my disgust at Romney winning was palpable from my posts.

Allahpundit on January 3, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Oh knock it the eff off Allah! Everyone knows that every comment you make is either a super secret reverse, reverse-reverse, or reverse-reverse-reverse psychological play on your part to support Romney.

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Maybe it’s just me but I hate this air of desperation we have and I can’t help feeling Obama and his minions are enjoying every minute of this. It sickens me to give them any cause to feel comfort or happiness when we are fighting for the soul of this country.

I wish there were 2 clear front runners from which to choose and let them duke it out over the next few months for the nomination.

This is one of the things making me feel discomfited.

“Further exploration into the odd pairing also uncovers what is called the Blue Republican movement – an organization that advertised heavily on the Huffington Post in recent months and calls for Democrats to support Ron Paul – declaring in part that Congressman Paul is actually a friend to the progressive cause and calling for Democrats to register as Republicans for just one year.
We are former non-Republicans who are joining the Republican party for one year to help Ron Paul win the GOP nomination for President in 2012.
Such a registration drive would certainly create quite a bit of potential chaos within the GOP primary races as hordes of lifelong Democrats attempt to drive up Paul’s polling numbers for a short term gaming of the political outcome.  The term Blue Republican was coined by leftist Robin Koerner, who runs an organization called WatchingAmerica.com.  The current cover story on the front page of that website is an article detailing how Barack Obama’s victory in 2012 is essential to saving the “American model” and draws heavily from a George Soros-sponsored Center for American Progress study as proof.  A WatchingAmerica linked article  SAID THE FOLLOWING  regarding Mr. Soros:
Hedge fund financier George Soros is actively advocating for freedom of the press and the spread of democracy through the Open Society Foundations.

Read more http://theulstermanreport.com/2012/01/03/ron-paul-endorsed-by-progressive-blue-republican-organization/

FLconservative on January 3, 2012 at 4:46 PM

portlandon on January 3, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Lol. so true!!

8 weight on January 3, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Careful angryed. They throw their poop.

portlandon on January 3, 2012 at 4:32 PM

..yeah, and we even stamp out feet, pout, and hold our breath until we faint.

The War Planner on January 3, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Rational Thought on January 3, 2012 at 4:38 PM

The underlying theme for the Mittbots is the ABR crowd is comprised of toothless uneducated hicks while the Romney peeps are well educated genteel folks. I poked a little fun at him for making a pretty basic grammatical error that the his sown Rommey supporter caricature surely would never make.

Lighten up.

angryed on January 3, 2012 at 4:47 PM

He’s going to pull this out, watch.

tommyhawk on January 3, 2012 at 4:26 PM

no thanks

pedestrian on January 3, 2012 at 4:47 PM

AllahP, please please allow yourself to be assimilated and come join us Perry supporters.

Perry desperately needs the “Beta Male” endorsement from you. That will definitely eat into Romney’s natural support base.

What do you say? :)

TheRightMan on January 3, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Right now it’s looking like Iowans are looking at Santorum and Perry are they comparing the two? I am watching Neil Cavuto, and they are showing Google interest in candidates – Gingrich is coming in last.

Dr Evil on January 3, 2012 at 4:48 PM

btw – how ’bout trying to defend Mitt’s Democrat-lite tax plan some time?

mankai on January 3, 2012 at 4:39 PM

His plan doesn’t matter. All that matters is that he can beat Obama. I don’t want to disappoint you, however I have a big picture view and it begins with defeating Obama.

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Says the guy who got angry during a softball Bret Bair interview.

portlandon on January 3, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Rofl. Ding ding ding.

nicktjacob on January 3, 2012 at 4:48 PM

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 4:46 PM

..careful with your remarks, there. AP will put you on double-secret probation!

The War Planner on January 3, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Zelsdorf Ragshaft on January 3, 2012 at 4:34 PM

You must have missed AP’s recent post where he said he was so depressed about the state of the race that he was looking at Huntsman. Not exactly the approach of a committed Mittbot.

Kataklysmic on January 3, 2012 at 4:49 PM

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 4:46 PM

AP, in his all-powerfulness, has forced Mitt upon America.

whatcat on January 3, 2012 at 4:49 PM

His plan doesn’t matter.

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Wow.

angryed on January 3, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Kataklysmic on January 3, 2012 at 4:49 PM

They’re two people? I thought Hunstman was Romney’s nickname. Say what?

angryed on January 3, 2012 at 4:50 PM

His plan doesn’t matter. All that matters is that he can beat Obama.

Of course! He might or might not beat Obama! A winning theme. It’s not like we want conservative values in government or something.

Flapjackmaka on January 3, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Lighten up.

angryed on January 3, 2012 at 4:47 PM

..betcha $10,000 we change our underwear more often than the ABR folks do!

;-)

The War Planner on January 3, 2012 at 4:51 PM

I guess we will have to wait until later to see The Amazing Mitt transform himself before our eyes into a leadership man. He can still come out of his cardboard shell and give us a reason to follow his leadership.

Sure, he has negatived the others to death, and Gingrich and Cain were easy fall guys to Romney’s negative ads.

But why do we still have to wait until October to see what we got?

What if there is no there there.

jimw on January 3, 2012 at 4:52 PM

CS:

If his plan doesn’t matter and all that matters is electing someone other than Obama, why do you get so defensive if someone calls Mittens a liberal? He’s not Obama. Lib, con, who cares? Right?

angryed on January 3, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Could be true. Might not be true. what happened to Paul?

gerrym51 on January 3, 2012 at 4:52 PM

angryed on January 3, 2012 at 4:29 PM

He was on her show all the time in the 2008 cycle.

Cindy Munford on January 3, 2012 at 4:53 PM

..betcha $10,000 we change our underwear more often than the ABR folks do!

;-)

The War Planner on January 3, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Dude, the ABRs don’t even wear underwear. That’s how uncooth they are. Why I even heard some of them drive American cars. Can you imagine?

angryed on January 3, 2012 at 4:53 PM

btw – how ’bout trying to defend Mitt’s Democrat-lite tax plan some time?

mankai on January 3, 2012 at 4:39 PM

I guess you’ve never heard the phrase; “No plan survives contact with the enemy.”

No matter who’s plan ranks best, or which one ranks worst; they are all going to change before they get implemented by congress. Hopefully we will have a Republican Congress so that we can get some “Texas” like reforms done. However, I wouldn’t bet on it.

A plan is like having good intentions, it doesn’t matter unless you can implement it.

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on January 3, 2012 at 4:54 PM

angryed on January 3, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Shocking! Appalling! Heartbreaking! Oh, the humanity!

*collapses in a fit of the vapors*

The War Planner on January 3, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Go Newt!

Connie on January 3, 2012 at 4:55 PM

He was on her show all the time in the 2008 cycle.

Cindy Munford on January 3, 2012 at 4:53 PM

I don’t listen to talk radio I just had this idea of her as being more of the Rush Limbaugh type as opposed to the RINO type. I didn’t realize there were RINO talk show hosts, I wouldn’t have thought there’d be much of a market for squishy centrists. I guess with 300 million people, there’s a market for everything.

angryed on January 3, 2012 at 4:56 PM

I’m not making any predictions of who will win tonight. We have already been told it’s of either momentous importance or no consequence to Mr Inevitable’s lock on the Nomination at all :) However Iowa is the first in the nation (Of the 57 states) to vote, I think that’s significant. James Carville stated this morning, it’s of consequence in the regard that the score starts being kept, and it does matter how Romney finishes in Iowa. Carville has bought into the inevitable media narrative, but he stated that if Romney doesn’t finish in the top 3 he’s going to be a weak candidate. Frank Luntz put it like this, Romney would be a great President, but he’s not a good Candidate. I don’t know about that. I do think Iowa is important. I have my suspicions that Ron Paul’s polling isn’t going to match his actual caucus percentage.

Dr Evil on January 3, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Norwegian on January 3, 2012 at 4:35 PM

That is pretty fair, in my opinion. But, I view first and second a bit differently.

Paul has to place first. A second place showing won’t cut it. Paul in second is the end of any chance of him winning the nomination.

At this point, Romney does as well. He did an about face on his entire campaign strategy and started hyping his showing in Iowa too much. He’s looking at a potential repeat of ’08 now.

gyrmnix on January 3, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Jeff Flake, Jason Chaffetz and John Thune were with Romney in Clive yesterday. He hits the road with Nikki Haley this week, and has deployed Tea Party hero Jennifer Horn in NH and conservative star Kelly Ayotte as well.

Everywhere one looks in the real world, Romney has the support of stalwart and mainstream conservatives.

But then again, the internet bubble is not the real world. And the blogging geeks who live in the interwebs are not grounded in reality.

swamp_yankee on January 3, 2012 at 4:57 PM

..careful with your remarks, there. AP will put you on double-secret probation!

The War Planner on January 3, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Yeah, and I just got off of double-secret probation for exposing him as a extra super duper stealth Sarah Palin supporter.

:-)

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 4:57 PM

I hope Newt hasn’t paid the pollster yet, ’cause it looks like he’s been had.

Or that, in which case he’s, um, what did that guy say about Mitt just this morning? Oh, now I remember, he said “Romney’s a liar, isn’t he.”

Who was that guy again?

Dusty on January 3, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Go Newt!

Connie on January 3, 2012 at 4:55 PM

..a new green shoot sprouts up amidst the carnage of this bloody, internecine HG strife.

The War Planner on January 3, 2012 at 4:58 PM

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on January 3, 2012 at 4:54 PM

You’re already making excuses for Romney when he inevitably flip flops on his supposed conservative positions.

angryed on January 3, 2012 at 4:58 PM

angryed on January 3, 2012 at 4:29 PM

He was on her show all the time in the 2008 cycle.
Cindy Munford on January 3, 2012 at 4:53 PM

I believe almost all of the talkers, including Rush, endorsed Mitt as the conservative alternative to McCain in 2008.

whatcat on January 3, 2012 at 4:59 PM

:-)

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 4:57 PM

..*chortle*

The War Planner on January 3, 2012 at 4:59 PM

AP, in his all-powerfulness, has forced Mitt upon America.

whatcat on January 3, 2012 at 4:49 PM

AP is a magnificent 8astard!

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 4:59 PM

angryed on January 3, 2012 at 4:53 PM

I drive a Chevy trailblazer.

Dr Evil on January 3, 2012 at 5:00 PM

angryed on January 3, 2012 at 4:58 PM

That’s a political reality, no matter who gets elected. I’m not making excuses for anyone, I’m just acknowledging the reality of the situation.

Perry, Newt, ANYONE could win and the political reality is the same.

If you want a President who will stomp his foot, throw a tantrum, and hold his breath until we do it HIS way… your prolly a fan of Obama… because he pretty much owns that stereotype.

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on January 3, 2012 at 5:01 PM

angryed on January 3, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Quote me a comment of mine when I get upset over Romney.

Seriously dude! You need to pay more attention!

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 5:01 PM

angryed on January 3, 2012 at 4:56 PM

In the end I’m sure she adheres to the “electable” argument. Hugh Hewitt is another, great interviewer and impeccable conservative credentials but “electable” is the requirement.

Cindy Munford on January 3, 2012 at 5:01 PM

swamp_yankee on January 3, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Really? WOW! You mean life long Republican politicans are campaigning with the guy they figure will win the primary? No way! Really? Dude that’s so crazy.

You don’t think they’re doing this in order to get some plum ambassadorship to Fiji or an AG appointment out of Romney do you? Nahh. Can’t be. They’re only with him because they believe in his conservative values. Are you really this naive, or do you think people reading what you wrote are?

angryed on January 3, 2012 at 5:01 PM

AP, in his all-powerfulness, has forced Mitt upon America.
whatcat on January 3, 2012 at 4:49 PM

AP is a magnificent 8astard!
csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 4:59 PM

I, for one, welcome our Magnificent 8astard overlords.

whatcat on January 3, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Romney is such a sanctimonious, high-horse hypocrite it’s not even funny. He has the unmitigated gall to sit there and talk about Gingrich being “rich,” while Romney himself is worth over a quarter of a billion dollars and was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. I can’t wait to see Romney tuck his tail between his legs when he gets beat. The American public definitely saw the “real” Romney during the famous Bret Baier interview on Fox. Romney looked like a stammering little dolt during the interview when Baier nailed him to the wall with documented facts of Romney’s career flip-flops.

jfs756 on January 3, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Allahpundit on January 3, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Some times people throw stuff at you just for reporting the news.

Palpable disgust at Romney is a good thing. Now if the conservative candidates with empty bank accounts would just drop out after Iowa, one of the survivors could actually beat Mitt and then Obama.

WhatNot on January 3, 2012 at 5:02 PM

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on January 3, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Obama said he’d nationalize health care. He did.
Bush said he’d cut taxes. He did.
Clinton said he’s raise taxes. He did.

Romney says he’ll cut spending. But already you’re saying he won’t.

angryed on January 3, 2012 at 5:03 PM

whatcat on January 3, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Given the choices, being mavericky was the bigger sin.

Cindy Munford on January 3, 2012 at 5:03 PM

I, for one, welcome our Magnificent 8astard overlords.

whatcat on January 3, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Beware what you wish for. Your new leader wears a brown paper sack over his head and is covered in cat hair.

portlandon on January 3, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Vyce on January 3, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Really… too bad team Romney didn’t get that memo…

Snorkdoodle Whizbang on January 3, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Romney gave a disciplined, fluid interview. Ingraham gave him several opportunities to make unhinged attacks on his competitors, but he effortlessly found ways to restrain the conversation to spending. Romney continually shows that he understands the core problem we face: too many entitlements, not enough money. To effectively sell cuts to popular entitlement programs, which are necessary, requires a candidate who can discuss the problem unemotionally. Robotically, even.

As an Independent, I can’t influence the primary (and I probably hurt Romney by praising him), but it’s just the truth: Romney can use a presidential campaign to advance fiscal conservatism. The alternatives will poison American voters against sensible reforms with their radical temperaments. Republicans have only one chance to persuade the silent majority that the sacrifices of fiscal conservatism are necessary, and that’s Mitt Romney.

RightOFLeft on January 3, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Allahpundit on January 3, 2012 at 4:39 PM

I think deep down you want Obama to win. More clicks with Obama as prez than with Romney as prez. There I said.

angryed on January 3, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Romney says he’ll cut spending. But already you’re saying he won’t.

angryed on January 3, 2012 at 5:03 PM

No, he never said that. He’ll cut “waste” though (ie nothing)

Flapjackmaka on January 3, 2012 at 5:04 PM

“I don’t know why he’s so angry.”

-Mitt Romney

Says the guy who got angry during a softball Bret Bair interview.

portlandon on January 3, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Hey Obama got testy during an interview with Bret Bair too.
What a coincidence :D