Gingrich: Romney’s a liar, isn’t he?

posted at 11:00 am on January 3, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Newt Gingrich is a man of his word after all, or at least the latest version of his word.  Initially, Gingrich insisted that he would not “go negative” against his opponents, and even warned third-party PACs to stay positive or else.  After getting hammered in Iowa, Gingrich changed his mind last week and decided that he would start “drawing a contrast” in the campaign between himself and Mitt Romney — and did so by accusing Romney of trying to buy the election and calling him a robot.  Today, Gingrich decided to draw a contrast by calling Romney a liar:

O’DONNELL: “You scolded Mitt Romney, his friends who are running this Super PAC that has funded that, and you said of Mitt Romney, ‘Someone who will lie to you to get to be president will lie to you when they are president.’ I have to ask you, are you calling Mitt Romney a liar?”

GINGRICH: “Yes.”

O’DONNELL: “You’re calling Mitt Romney a liar?”

GINGRICH: “Well, you seem shocked by it! Yes. I mean, why – “

O’DONNELL: “Why are you saying he is a liar?”

GINGRICH: “Because this is a man whose staff created the PAC, his millionaire friends fund the PAC, he pretends he has nothing to do with the PAC – it’s baloney. He’s not telling the American people the truth.”

Hey, not to rain on Gingrich’s parade, but how is that different than any other PAC or super-PAC?  I’m pretty sure that Gingrich-supporting PACs aren’t run by disinterested strangers, nor are those for Rick Perry or any of the other candidates in the race. That’s a problem in the structure of the campaign finance regulations that impose artificial divisions on contributions. If those were removed, the same money would flow into these races, but the candidates themselves would be responsible for its use instead of hiding behind PACs and super-PACs — and that includes Newt Gingrich.

As I’ve written earlier, there is nothing wrong with so-called “negative” campaigning. Candidates should draw contrasts between their positions and those of their opponents, and their records as well.  As long as that is being done honestly, there is nothing wrong or dishonorable about it; in fact, that’s why we have primaries.  Gingrich chose to eschew that strategy and now wants to claim some kind of victimization because the rest of the field chose not to follow in his footsteps.  On top of that, Gingrich has descended to name-calling, which looks more like a dog-in-the-manger ploy than a way to gather support in the few short hours before Iowa voters trudge to precincts tonight.  A confident candidate wouldn’t have sunk to the level of this conversation the morning of a caucus.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Hee Hee Hee!!!

Jailbreak on January 3, 2012 at 1:06 PM

hahaha! rotflmao!

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Soundtrack to your insanity….

portlandon on January 3, 2012 at 1:32 PM

He would laughs last…..
Jailbreak on January 3, 2012 at 12:52 PM

He WHO laughs last…dumbass.

Fartnokker on January 3, 2012 at 1:32 PM

1. Calling a top-down government commanded mandate “fundamentally conservative” is either a lie or an illustration of gross incompetence.

besser tot als rot on January 3, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Of course, Gingrich was for RomneyCare before he was against it, before he was for it again, before he was against it again.

Not that it’s a lie when it’s Newt… it’s just “adapting to the circumstances”; but when Mitt does it, it’s a lie.

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on January 3, 2012 at 1:33 PM

haner on January 3, 2012 at 1:28 PM

When you make the “I’m rubber and you’re glue argument”, you should at least have some trivial amount of support for your argument. Pray tell, what have wishcast via-a-via Gingrich?

besser tot als rot on January 3, 2012 at 1:34 PM

portlandon on January 3, 2012 at 1:32 PM

What in the Wide, Wide World of sports is a’goin’ on around here?

Did they empty the asylum during those Open Registrations?

kingsjester on January 3, 2012 at 1:35 PM

2. Gingrich and Santorum do have their statist problems, but they pale in comparison to Romney’s.

besser tot als rot on January 3, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Gingrich supported the federal mandate and Romney never did. And Santorum is too involved in other persons morality.

So, the issue is simply what flavor of statism one prefers.

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Reminds me of Gingrich accusing Clinton of adultery.

haner on January 3, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Aw, crap. I wish I had said that. In fact, I probably am going to say that. And I’m probably going to let people think that I thought of it myself.

rogaineguy on January 3, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Romney is a conservative in the William F Buckley tradition.

Perry and Gingrich and Palin are conservatives in the Rush Limbaugh tradition.

Two very different tradition. One of the two respects being highly intelligent and successful. The other traditionn sneers at rich people who have been wildley successful and highly educated. Guess which camp is which? Think of this quiz as an IQ test.

Jailbreak on January 3, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Candidates should draw contrasts between their positions and those of their opponents, and their records as well. As long as that is being done honestly, there is nothing wrong or dishonorable about it; in fact, that’s why we have primaries

The ads from the candidates and super pacs take the whole of the commercial segment now for the last week in Iowa. It used to be every other commercial had to be non political but no longer. To say the Ron Paul and Mitt Romney ads distort Newts record is to be kind. Much of what they say are as newt says outright lies.
Even so I don’t believe that is even newts point the point he is making I think is that Mitt in addition to distorting his record is lying about his Pacs and his ability to influence them.

ConcealedKerry on January 3, 2012 at 1:37 PM

What didn’t he lie about, would be a much shorter list.

The man doesn’t have a single core value in his entire body.

Rebar on January 3, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Cindy Munford. Since you asked, though I can only imagine why you needed to, this is a good example (of hundreds of comments on this site) of a vicious and vile anti-Romney comment. This one is also incredibly stupid.

Basilsbest on January 3, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Btw, the honesty is refreshing, no? The faux outrage from the Schieffer and the other chick is priceless.

“Whatttt? You can’t call someone a liar!!”

Romney, you better prepare for war. That $3.5m from your Super PAC may have just doomed you.

nicktjacob on January 3, 2012 at 1:39 PM

“The Wall”??

Jailbreak on January 3, 2012 at 1:31 PM

It appears that “The Wall” was a former commenter here. It doesn’t surprise me that he remembers people. He collects and collates hundreds of comments from his fellow HA members. It’s pretty weird behavior. Commenting here is a past time for me. For him Hot Air is a major part of his life experience.

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 1:40 PM

He WHO laughs last…dumbass.

Fartnokker on January 3, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Your name is perfect. Congrats.

Would you like to proofread all of my posts? I type in a hurry…not much time…I am at work. Work is a word used to describe gainful employment. Doubtful that you and Porltanduh are familiar with this concept.

Jailbreak on January 3, 2012 at 1:40 PM

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on January 3, 2012 at 1:33 PM

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I’m defending Gingrich for his apostasies. I’m not. But let me tell you, I’m much more willing to forgive errors of words than errors of deed (and in the case of the mandate, ones that continue to be defended by Romney).

besser tot als rot on January 3, 2012 at 1:40 PM

What in the Wide, Wide World of sports is a’goin’ on around here?

Did they empty the asylum during those Open Registrations?

kingsjester on January 3, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Didn’t you know? MittRomneyCentral & other Mitt-bott blogs were all excited for the HotAir open registration. They coordinated their efforts to “have a voice” here at hotair.

It’s like a petting zoo, except the animals are rabid and they crap on everything.

The sad part is Jailbreak has been waiting years to get back on. How demented is that? Years??

portlandon on January 3, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Romney can simply develop into an American President over night.

He has morphing powers.

Of course Romney has never learned one wine from another, or one cigar from another, or one coffee from another…but the man knows conservative leadership. He can morph into it using his super powers.

jimw on January 3, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Jailbreak on January 3, 2012 at 1:36 PM

That’s some pro level wishcasting there.

besser tot als rot on January 3, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Jailbreak on January 3, 2012 at 1:40 PM

So you admit your slow minded?

portlandon on January 3, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Reminds me of Gingrich accusing Clinton of adultery.

haner on January 3, 2012 at 1:25 PM

He didn’t. As a Leader in the House he led the Impeachment process for lying under oath not adultery.

Vince on January 3, 2012 at 1:43 PM

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Oh, OK. Thanks. Wow, this guys is truly unhinged.

Yeah sure thing Portland… I am Wall…if that makes you feel better.

I’m also one of Romney’s sons too.

Jailbreak on January 3, 2012 at 1:44 PM

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Says the guy who participated in an 18 hours straight Palin thread.

portlandon on January 3, 2012 at 1:44 PM

portlandon on January 3, 2012 at 1:42 PM

I know.I’m the one who got him banned as “FlickeringFlames”, another “RogerWaters” incarnation.

kingsjester on January 3, 2012 at 1:44 PM

So you admit your slow minded?

portlandon on January 3, 2012 at 1:43 PM

I said I type fast and I dont re-read my post before hitting the send button. No, I am not slow-minded. Hell, I even know which newspapers I read,

Jailbreak on January 3, 2012 at 1:46 PM

What is really annoying here is the class warfare speech by Newt. I thought it was limited to Obama. Now, Newt charges Mitt with having “millionaire friends”. Come to think of it…I heard this rhetoric before by a Mr. McCain of Arizona concerning Romney four years ago. Oh, how history repeats itself…of course the historian should know this.

mark cantu on January 3, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Romney is a conservative in the William F Buckley tradition.

Perry and Gingrich and Palin are conservatives in the Rush Limbaugh tradition.

Jailbreak on January 3, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Well Said!

Redford on January 3, 2012 at 1:46 PM

He WHO laughs last…dumbass.

Fartnokker on January 3, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Laugh on laugh on my friend
Hee laugheth best that laugheth to the end

All other variations are equally wrong you dumbass.

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Think of this quiz as an IQ test.

Jailbreak on January 3, 2012 at 1:36 PM

You have to have a larger IQ than the people you are quizzing.

Vince on January 3, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Do you think that people hate the mandate because it was implemented at a federal level and not the state level? Relying on that distinction is really weak. The mandate, at the state or federal level, is a statist piece of crap. Sure, Gingrich supported it, but he never implemented it and now he’s against such statist solutions. Romney implemented the statist turd sandwich and continues to vigorously defend it as “fundamentally conservative.” either he’s stupid, or he thinks we are.

besser tot als rot on January 3, 2012 at 1:47 PM

kingsjester on January 3, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Ive been checking this site out for a little over a year…off and on. I dont who this guy is that you are referring to, but I would sure like to meet him. Sounds like a smart guy who got under the Palin-nuts friends. You got him banned? Was he cussing or did he just not care enough for the Half-term to be allowed to stick around?

Jailbreak on January 3, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Jailbreak on January 3, 2012 at 1:36 PM

What destroys your theary is the fact that Rush and Mr. Buckley were good friends.

kingsjester on January 3, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Jailbreak on January 3, 2012 at 1:46 PM

There is nothing wrong with being slow, Jailbreak. I will just use smaller words, and 8th grade level reasoning when responding to you. We wouldn’t want to trip you up and make you misspell words.

portlandon on January 3, 2012 at 1:50 PM

I guess, after 200+ comments, that it boils down to this:

Who’s better for the country, the center-center-left moderate or the center-right-right moderate?

Who, of the two, is better experienced in operating the US gummint?

Who, of the two, given both of their past performances in real-time governing circumstances, is least likely to endanger both the fiscal and physical well-being of the United States?

All the rest of “who shot John” don’t mean beans.

You know it, I know it, we all know it; so why not solve the problem and simply pick the best one available for the country this go-round?

Make your list of Things That Are Important To You For the Country.

Pick the guy who offers the best.

Remember — you pick for YOU. You don’t have to convince anyone. Just you. The rest of it will take care of itself.

Have a little faith. Everything will work out just fine.

Farmer on January 3, 2012 at 1:53 PM

kingsjester on January 3, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Buckley was good friends with many liberals too. He especially liked Mayor Koch (sp?). Like Romney, he had friends of all political persuasions.

So, your point sucks.

Jailbreak on January 3, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Says the guy who participated in an 18 hours straight Palin thread.

portlandon on January 3, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Just because you didn’t leave for 24 hours and seen my occasional comments span over 18 hours doesn’t mean I was sitting here with you.

We all know why you are always here…..you collect every ones comments and then spend hours upon hours collating them. That is why you think others sit online with you.

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Newt looks downright angry, and is going to flay Romney in New Hampshire with negativity. It’ll be fascinating to see if and how Romney handles it, and what happens in South Carolina since Newt could win there.

sDs61678 on January 3, 2012 at 1:55 PM

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 1:53

Really? wow. I guess some people collect stamps. Some people collect vintage cars. Some people collect coins. Newt and Rush collect wives. Aaaaand, Portland collects and catalogues posts by HotAir commentators, eh? Unbelievable. The lack of life is astounding.

Jailbreak on January 3, 2012 at 1:57 PM

So you admit your slow minded?

portlandon on January 3, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Are you sure you should be criticizing anyone when you cannot distinguish between “your” and the contraction of “you are” (you’re)?

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Newt Gingrich flat-out accused Mitt Romney of lying about whether he was coordinating with independent PACs that have been running ads in Iowa.

While it is the accusation of “liar” that is drawing the attention, it should be noted that Gingrich is also accusing Romney of breaking the law, since what Newt accuses Governor Romney of lying about would also violate the Federal Election Campaign Act.

A charge of lawbreaking should be made seriously, or not at all.

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on January 3, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Jailbreak on January 3, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Actually, he was this gigantic, egotistical horse’s backside, who thought he was smarter than everybody else, but, was in actuality overcompensating for his own shortcomings. Sad Story. He was banned 4 times from the sight in various names having to do with Roger Waters or Pink Floyd.

kingsjester on January 3, 2012 at 2:00 PM

So, your point sucks.

Jailbreak on January 3, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Because Mayor Koch isn’t a party only guy. He is honorable. He calls it like he sees it.

Unlike Mitt whose positions change depending on who is is speaking to.

portlandon on January 3, 2012 at 2:00 PM

A charge of lawbreaking should be made seriously, or not at all.
E L Frederick (Sniper One) on January 3, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Yes, its probably actionable. Obviously, Romney as better things to do than to sue Newt and his fat lying mouth.

Jailbreak on January 3, 2012 at 2:01 PM

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 1:58 PM

I don’t claim to be smarter than everyone at HotAir.

Jailbreak does.

I am not without error.

I admit it.

portlandon on January 3, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Romney is a conservative in the William F Buckley tradition.

Perry and Gingrich and Palin are conservatives in the Rush Limbaugh tradition.

Jailbreak on January 3, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Someday the requirements for being President of the United States will be:
1. thrice married, twice divorced, still paying child support to multiple women.
2. C- average in college, D- average in math and sciences
3. former alcoholic whom the public would like to have a beer with
4. former cocaine user
5. regrets and apologizes for being a complete f-up in the past 50 years and is now born again at age 59

This way the American public can relate to this man and expect him to be their representative role model.

I wouldn’t hire a waiter with that kind of record, but we seem to think the presidency demands little more than that.

haner on January 3, 2012 at 2:03 PM

But topping off the whole thing is Romney’s saccharine response to Gingrich’s insult, which makes the former Speaker’s comments seem even more vindictive. The amazing thing is that Romney and his PACs have been absolutely brutal when it comes to running negative attack ads, but his comments make him look like he’s been taking the high-road through the whole campaign:

Romney says he understands the former House Speaker “must be very angry,” but he’s not sure why.

The former Massachusetts governor says he wishes Gingrich well and that there’s still a long road ahead in the campaign for the Republican presidential nomination.

Romney says Gingrich may be lashing out because the former House Speaker has dropped so far in the Iowa polls.

Gingrich thought this strategy would position him as the gracious statesman, and he couldn’t have misjudged this more.

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on January 3, 2012 at 2:03 PM

kingsjester on January 3, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Sounds a little sketchy. Was he a Romney supporter too? Since Portland collects and categorizes posts, he could share a few of those with us. Oh forget it…who cares?

Jailbreak on January 3, 2012 at 2:04 PM

You got him banned?

Jailbreak on January 3, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Yeah, don’t listen to that idiot. He spams Hot Air with his lame blog. I’m not sure if he curtailed his spamming because I shamed him into it, or if the powers that be warned him to cease the spamming. I think he might still do it occasionally, so whenever he leaves a link, it most likely is to some stupid article on his blog. He can’t get hits by being clever so he has to trick people into visiting it. I read a few of his articles and for the most part they are rehashed opinions that we read on Hot Air daily.

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 2:05 PM

I am not without error.

I admit it.

portlandon on January 3, 2012 at 2:01 PM

In other shocking news, water is wet.

Jailbreak on January 3, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Hey, Jailbreak…this one’s for you.

kingsjester on January 3, 2012 at 2:09 PM

You guys do realize you’ve turned into the Palinistas you used to bag on, don’t you? Half this site is unreadable for me because of how personal some of you are taking this stuff. Sometimes I really do wish there were more moderation here.

Nom de Boom on January 3, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Romney’s staff created the PAC which Romney stated was out of his ability to control.

Newt remains essentially right. Romney IS a LIAR. ;)

DannoJyd on January 3, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Hey, Jailbreak…this one’s for you.

kingsjester on January 3, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Thanks for making it clear that the link wasn’t directing back to your personal blog. The group appreciates it.

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Newt remains essentially right. Romney IS a LIAR. ;)

DannoJyd on January 3, 2012 at 2:25 PM

I’m willing to listen to Gingrich if he can prove Romney is in violation of election law. If he cannot, he is a despicable liar.

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Newt is shocked, shocked to find that politics ain’t beanbag? And he was supposed to be the guy with decades of experience in the DC trenches. Newt is coming across as bitter and petty, not something that attracts supporters. Has anyone found the “none of the above” line in the primaries yet? At least there’ll be the “anybody but Obama” line in the general.

jnelchef on January 3, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Daily personality headlines aside, fact is Romney’s business mindset would be much better than Obama’s sociofacism for most the country, but Newt’s plan is the only fully comprehensive one for expedited return to prosperity. I fuly expect the peons to go for the best haircut however.

Rea1ityCheck on January 3, 2012 at 2:29 PM

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Apples v. oranges? Is that all you’ve got?

Romney has also declared that he is enjoying support from some of the TEA Party’s most conservative elements. LIAR! ;)

DannoJyd on January 3, 2012 at 2:31 PM

DannoJyd on January 3, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Gingrich accused Romney of directing the PAC. I would like to see proof.

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 2:38 PM

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Argument ad populum fallacy. And false in the eyes of the majority, to boot.

Why do you have this everpresent obsession with kingsjester and portlandon?

John Hitchcock on January 3, 2012 at 2:46 PM

John Hitchcock on January 3, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Why are you obsessing on me? If you like being tricked into visiting his lame blog, then go for it. Most people at Hot Air don’t appreciate it because it is spamming.

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Straw man fallacy.
Argumentum ad populum fallacy.
Redefinition of words to fit your agenda.
False claims as evidenced by the multiple people who specifically refuted your claims when you were posting them months ago.

One trick pony, you.

John Hitchcock on January 3, 2012 at 2:54 PM

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Why? So you could deny it?

You keep believing that Romney is divorced from the PAC created by his staff. I’ll keep looking for the best candidate according to their accomplishments. ;o)

DannoJyd on January 3, 2012 at 2:59 PM

John Hitchcock on January 3, 2012 at 2:54 PM

You like spam. Cool. Most here at Hot Air don’t appreciate it because it is spamming.

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Why? So you could deny it?

DannoJyd on January 3, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Why provide the proof? Because it is a serious accusation, that’s why. If I deny it, then you can complain.

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 3:03 PM

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Straw man fallacy.
Argumentum ad populum fallacy.
Redefinition of words to fit your agenda.
False claims of fact already refuted months ago.
Repetition of all the above in the fallacious belief that repetition of falsehoods magically make them truths.

John Hitchcock on January 3, 2012 at 3:06 PM

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Excuse me, but who made you the official representative of the majority here in Hot Air, as well as the official definer of all things considered to be spam?

DannoJyd on January 3, 2012 at 3:06 PM

John Hitchcock on January 3, 2012 at 3:06 PM

What he does is spamming. You are justifying spamming. The rest of Hot Air doesn’t.

Irrespective of your answers, the entire group can see that you refuse to address the spamming.

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 3:08 PM

DannoJyd on January 3, 2012 at 3:06 PM

There is this little thing call “terms of use”. Try reading it. There is a reason why Hot Air is not inundated with hundreds of comments with spam in it. And that is because most of Hot Air wouldn’t come here if it were so.

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 3:10 PM

If I deny it, then you can complain.

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Nope. You will NOT be allowed to curb my 1st. Ammendment rights.

Feel free to express your political dis-ingenuity that politicians have no contact with, or power over PACS created by THEIR staffs, but do NOT try to stifle my common sense observations.

You do not have the right.

DannoJyd on January 3, 2012 at 3:10 PM

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Says the fool who spent hours and hours and hours spamming up the Palin threads.

JPeterman on January 3, 2012 at 3:10 PM

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Again, WHO put YOU in charge here?

DannoJyd on January 3, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Ed, the trolls flooded your blog during the registration.

The level of vitriol and the low level of intellectual discourse is appalling. Commenters are here to disrupt rather than engage in useful debate.

Even those writing the blog posts now have lost their neutrality.

Used to be a top notch blog. Not anymore!

Sparky5253 on January 3, 2012 at 3:16 PM

What he does is spamming.

Redefinition of terms to fit your agenda.

You are justifying spamming.

Straw man fallacy.

The rest of Hot Air doesn’t.

Unsound argumentation built on a false premise.

False premise, argumentum ad populum, redefinition of terms to fit your agenda.

You’re a hack, a very weak troll, a one-trick pony, and a very poor rhetorician.

John Hitchcock on January 3, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Your name is perfect. Congrats.

Jailbreak on January 3, 2012 at 1:40 PM

23 years with the same company, military before that. So, no. I’m not familiar.
Jailbreak is a tough sounding name for someone who types so fast.
Did you learn in prison?

Fartnokker on January 3, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Romney is in the same Position McCain was in 08 but with far less support 20-27% as opposed to 30-40%. Vastly different rules with no winner take all till far later. Under current rules McCain would have most likely not been nominated. It is almost inconceivable that Romney will win. Consistently someone has gotten to 40% he has not broken 30% that spells Loser.

Steveangell on January 3, 2012 at 4:00 PM

I am reminded of an answer a WWII tank driver gave when asked if German rounds penetrated the hulls of US Tanks:

Nah, they just come in one side and bounce around a while.

Is Romney’s “progressive” liberal Republicanism better for the US than Obama’s “progressive” socialist Democratism? It depends on what the definition of “better” is.

John Hitchcock on January 3, 2012 at 4:12 PM

DannoJyd on January 3, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Well, then you can count yourself among those who make accusations of criminal wrongdoing and insist that you are reasonable within your first amendment rights.

How absolutely clever of you to use that spin of the first amendment in a way rarely used outside of Jr high school.

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 4:23 PM

JPeterman on January 3, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Making you eat your words isn’t spamming dude.

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Again, WHO put YOU in charge here?

DannoJyd on January 3, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Hahaha!! Look up the word “recalcitrant”. You’ll see your picture.

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 4:26 PM

John Hitchcock on January 3, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Yet you still wont deal with your defense of spamming. Another clever one! How lucky we all are here at Hot Air!

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 4:27 PM

23 years with the same company,

Fartnokker on January 3, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Spending your 23 years trying to graduate from Jr High is not a real company. Perhaps a more adult like name would make it less difficult to pull your covers. If you ask Ed, he’ll probably let you change your name.

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 4:29 PM

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 4:29 PM

When questioned, you attack.

Like an animal.

portlandon on January 3, 2012 at 4:37 PM

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 4:29 PM

I’m certain I was replying to Jailbreak.
But, since you feel you can speak for him/her…
Did you two meet in prison?
I that why you use “cs” in your cute little name??

Now..butt out.

Fartnokker on January 3, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Did you two meet in prison?

Fartnokker on January 3, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Jr High has given you some clever retorts I see. What’s next? You gonna give someone a wedgie or repeat some additional juvenile fartnokker reference?

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Good Im glad someone said it, no one has the guts to call Mitt out. He is a liar,

boogaleesnots on January 3, 2012 at 4:56 PM

So you admit your slow minded?

portlandon

Pot, meet kettle, lol.

xblade on January 3, 2012 at 5:00 PM

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Your repetition of your repetition of your repetition of a lie will not turn that lie into the truth. You have based your entire fallacy-filled argument on a fatally flawed premise wrapped around a failed attempt at a redefinition of a term in order to service your own passive-aggressive appeals to authority and popularity.

I’m far from the first here to call you out on your mendacity. I’m sure I’ll be far from the last to do so.

John Hitchcock on January 3, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Calling some one who lies a liar is not name-calling. You act like he call him a shithead or something. Geez.

GasHouseGorilla on January 3, 2012 at 5:02 PM

John Hitchcock on January 3, 2012 at 5:01 PM

And you wont be the last to refuse to answer a question that was extrapolated from a comment you made before considering that someone might just be smart enough to call you out on it.

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 5:19 PM

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Let the group know when you have something original to add.

csdeven on June 22, 2011 at 7:36 PM

Take your own advice.

portlandon on January 3, 2012 at 5:22 PM

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Oh, I get it… You’re the ADULT in the room.
Can I call you Mommy?

I don’t give wedgies, but I will save a noogie for you. ;)

Fartnokker on January 3, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Csdeven, I commend you on your devotion to falsehoods and emotionalism in the face of truth and logic. Your fervor for falsehoods and emotionalism is almost religious. It won’t take you far as you grow up, but you surely are devoted to it.

John Hitchcock on January 3, 2012 at 5:53 PM

I see Ed and AP have both received their marching orders from the establishment side of the GOP–Do everything possible to help tank Newt. Good job guys for helping to give us RINO Mitt as the nominee. Another Dole. Another McCain.

davenp35 on January 3, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Mitt Romney…”Come for the Majic Underwear..stay for the Talking Hat”

I denounce myself.

Mimzey on January 3, 2012 at 6:09 PM

John Hitchcock on January 3, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Pardon, but was there a response to the spamming in there?

csdeven on January 3, 2012 at 6:26 PM

This is only suprising to those who thought Newt would be able to come into this and run everything on his own rules. I remember when a lot of posters here were supporting him because in their opinions he would “kick Obama’s butt, in a 5 hour long Lincoln-Douglas debate” or whatever with out ever stopping and thinking that wether he would or not isnt an issue because why would any legit candidate even agree to that? You dont get to make the rules when your the challenger. The only person who agreed to those stupid debates were Hermain Cain and some other candidate who was/is low on the polls.

Man up Newt.

Vote Ron Paul.

Politricks on January 3, 2012 at 6:31 PM

23 years with the same company, military before that. So, no. I’m not familiar.
Jailbreak is a tough sounding name for someone who types so fast.
Did you learn in prison?

Fartnokker on January 3, 2012 at 3:35 PM

I assumed you were a junior high school kid since you use junior high school words like fart knocker.

The fact that you are a middle aged person using that kind of childish stupidity, let alone your stupid opinions, makes me shudder. Thank you for not being a Romney supporter. We only want non-fartknockers in our group.

Jailbreak on January 3, 2012 at 7:08 PM