Rick Perry confronts Politico reporter over anonymous sources: “You got a name?”

posted at 7:28 pm on January 2, 2012 by Allahpundit

Via RCP, behold the second-most enjoyable Perry clip of the campaign. Only the Thinly Veiled Putdown Heard ‘Round the World was funnier. Had this gone on for a few more seconds, in fact, I think RP would have resorted to shushing him Dr.-Evil-style. A missed opportunity, my friends.

In case you missed it over the weekend, the story they’re arguing about was Politico’s insider piece on fingerpointing within Team Perry for his lackluster campaign. How lackluster? Well, go back and look at the tea-party snapshot from today’s PPP Iowa poll in the last post. He’s in sixth place among what was supposed to be his core constituency; even Mitt Romney fares better. Nate Silver wonders why:

The internals of the new Des Moines Register poll help to explain why Mr. Perry has struggled to gain traction despite an intensive focus on Iowa in recent weeks and a large advertising budget. The poll asked caucusgoers to identify which candidate they favored in nine categories, ranging from being the most consistent to the most likely to defeat President Obama.

Almost all the candidates had one or another of these factors working in their favor. Newt Gingrich, the former House speaker, was named the most knowledgeable, for instance, Mr. Romney the most electable, and Representative Ron Paul of Texas the most likely to reduce the size of government. Representative Michele Bachmann of Minnesota and Rick Santorum, the former senator of Pennsylvania, rated well on the attribute of relating to ordinary Iowans.

Mr. Perry was the exception; he did not lead the field in any of the nine categories. For all his swagger, in other words, Mr. Perry is failing to stand out from the crowd. Despite spending $4.3 million in advertising, his brand has become poorly differentiated from the other Republican contenders.

For reasons I don’t understand, his big qualification — Texas’s jobs growth — never got traction. Is that because he didn’t sell it well or because he was constantly being thrown off-message, from the Gardasil exchange with Bachmann at an early debate to the gaffe about in-state tuition for illegals to the legendary “oops” moment? He has talked about jobs at the debates, of course, but there are so many other, more vivid memories of him from the trail (virtually none of them good) that they’ve submerged his record in voters’ memories. No wonder he switched to social-con pandering over the last few weeks. It’s a tough pitch given the competition from Santorum and Bachmann, but at least it’s a message.

After you watch the exchange with Mike Allen, watch his new attack ad against Santorum. Not sure why a guy with favorables like this would be throwing stones at someone else for being unelectable, but maybe he’s anticipating the CW to come. If Romney, Paul, and Santorum finish in the top three in Iowa, Perry’s last card to play will be that only he can beat Mitt in a marathon primary and therefore he, not Santorum, should be the conservative choice in South Carolina. I doubt it’ll work, but it would be all he has left. Ironic, though, that in making an electability pitch, Perry is at least momentarily forced to resort to the same core talking point that Romney relies on. Exit quotation: “Santroum on electability: Perry ran as conservative in TX, ‘how hard is that?’”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Ed:

Allahpundit:

Shouldn’t Ed have been the one to post this follow up? Or are the rumors of him being staunchly anti-Perry true?

ZGMF_Freedom on January 2, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Kudos to Perry. That was well done and should be done more often by Republican candidates.

Don’t play their game!

sharrukin on January 2, 2012 at 7:33 PM

I like Perry. He would do all I want to reverse the Obama years.

Pecos on January 2, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Wow!

As much as I have mocked Perry as a likable doofus cowboy, I gotta give him credit on this one.

“Got a name? Got a name? Got a name?” Simply great.

Anonymous sources have zero credibility, allow the MSM to make up whatever they want and, by being anonymous, prevent any evaluation of their credibility. No need for Gov. Perry to pay even a scintilla of attention to such nonsense. Good for Ol’ Rick in this situation.

So, Gov. Perry, still think you’re not the buckingest bronco in the rodeo, but you sure did an excellent job here on the Politico thing.

YeeeeeeeHHHHaaaaawwww!

Horace on January 2, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Really? You don’t understand, lol? It’s really not that complicated. I’m guessing some people are quite skeptical of a guy who might actually forget what state he’s the governor of.

xblade on January 2, 2012 at 7:36 PM

GO GO PERRY

heh

politico-just another cog in dear leader’s wheel..

give’em hell perry :)

cmsinaz on January 2, 2012 at 7:36 PM

I feel sorry for Rick Perry. The man is a buffoon and has no business running for president. Perry, please bow out gracefully with at least some of your dignity still intact.

When people hear Rick Perry for the first time, most will think, “this man looks and sounds like a dumb Texan. do we need another one of these?” Rick Perry is a joke. We need a stronger candidate to beat Obama!

bluegill on January 2, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Don’t play their game!

sharrukin on January 2, 2012 at 7:33 PM

exactamundo

cmsinaz on January 2, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Good video. This is why Newt had his huge surge a few weeks ago. Journalist beatdowns. I always love watching journalists get verbally smashed to tiny bits.

ZGMF_Freedom on January 2, 2012 at 7:38 PM

I dig perry. Thats on you.

RAGIN CAJUN on January 2, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Good for him.

RedNewEnglander on January 2, 2012 at 7:39 PM

No, he’s not “staunchly anti-Perry” as far as I know. And we don’t have beats here at HA. He posts in the a.m. and I post in the p.m.; no one has dibs on any particular story.

Allahpundit on January 2, 2012 at 7:39 PM

I am encouraged by the Perry Strike Force and have a good feeling for a shocker tomorrow.

However I have a Twix bar in the freezer just in case :)

gophergirl on January 2, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Praying for a game change tomorrow

Flapjackmaka on January 2, 2012 at 7:40 PM

bluegill on January 2, 2012 at 7:37 PM

so either your a romneybot or too stupid to think for yourself and are swallowing the media narrative.

chasdal on January 2, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Mike Allen specializes in made up sources.

InterestedObserver on January 2, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Allahpundit on January 2, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Don’t ruin my conspiracy theory with your facts.

ZGMF_Freedom on January 2, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Yeah, Perry. The man sucks at debating but does well here.
Sadly, our American Idol culture requires slick debating skillz. Sorry Rick.

carbon_footprint on January 2, 2012 at 7:42 PM

It’s an effective ad against Santorum, but methinks to gain momentum again, Perry has bigger fish to fry or ribs to grill than Rick Santorum.

Slainte on January 2, 2012 at 7:42 PM

I am a Romney-supporter, and I think perry is a piece of crap. However, that video was enjoyable on so many levels. I detest Politico more than any news group for what they did to Herman Cain.

Chudi on January 2, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Allahpundit on January 2, 2012 at 7:39 PM

I actually didn’t know that was how it worked. You just spoiled my game of guessing who wrote the entry before looking at the author, though…

updog on January 2, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Mike Allen must have gotten his story from Journolist2…

d1carter on January 2, 2012 at 7:44 PM

I can only imagine Allen playing that game with Obama. He would break done and spill the source in 2 seconds if it were Obama asking him for the name.

Roymunson on January 2, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Slainte on January 2, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Perry needs to consolidate the conservative bloc from Santorum and Bachmann. Santorum is surging. This is the right strategy. The bigger fish of Romney awaits only after he can get Santorum and Bachmann out.

ZGMF_Freedom on January 2, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Way to go Perry!

tinkerthinker on January 2, 2012 at 7:45 PM

This is I was hoping Eric Cantor would handle Leslie Stahl last night on 60 Minutes, but Cantor wimped out. Shocking, I know.

SouthernGent on January 2, 2012 at 7:45 PM

That was freaking beautiful. If he had had that kind of prescence in the debates he would be sitting on top right now.

Southernblogger on January 2, 2012 at 7:46 PM

How hard is it for an incumbent senator to lose by 18?

besser tot als rot on January 2, 2012 at 7:48 PM

SouthernGent on January 2, 2012 at 7:45 PM

*shaking the head*

dang it

cmsinaz on January 2, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Cantor wimped out. Shocking, I know.

SouthernGent on January 2, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Very. /

besser tot als rot on January 2, 2012 at 7:49 PM

This reminds me of this classic video of Romney calling out media bias:

Mitt Romney Calls Out Media Bias – “No, I represent the people.”

bluegill on January 2, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Nona’s lasagna from the Old Country with a green salad and mild cacciatore sausage is my dinner for tonight

apocalypse on January 2, 2012 at 7:51 PM

bluegill on January 2, 2012 at 7:37 PM

chasdal on January 2, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Oh, bluegill is a romneybot alright…

… she even has the knee pads to prove it.

But in reading the leftist tactics she takes in her posts…

… I have no doubt that if Romney is the nominee, she will instantly switch to Obowma.

Seven Percent Solution on January 2, 2012 at 7:51 PM

I’m glad he finally gave some back to this Politico/ABC News toad. I don’t think I could have mustered up so much self control as to not snatch this pencil head by his clip-on and stick my finger in his eye.

Someone asked earlier on the RCP site, if Politico and all the other cowards in the MSM would start asking the tough questions to Barry this cycle, as we see them do to GOP candidates and their familys…You know, so we can avoid ending up with a usless, arrogant fool as President.

Don’t hold your breath.

Mudhog on January 2, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Allahpundit on January 2, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Yeah, but we know who has his finger on the Humpbot button.

SlaveDog on January 2, 2012 at 7:52 PM

I just can’t believe that some people hadn’t figured out that authorship between Ed and Allah rotated by the time of day. Must be newbys.

aunursa on January 2, 2012 at 7:52 PM

I wish this would start a trend.

Cindy Munford on January 2, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Whether you like Perry or not, give him credit for bit*h-slapping that weaselly little pri*k.

Tim Zank on January 2, 2012 at 7:53 PM

I’m going on record right now… Rick Perry is better than Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich

apocalypse on January 2, 2012 at 7:53 PM

This reminds me of this classic video of Romney calling out media bias:

Mitt Romney Calls Out Media Bias – “No, I represent the people.”

bluegill on January 2, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Good video. Started out boring but it was well worth the wait for the punchline. Beautiful.

ZGMF_Freedom on January 2, 2012 at 7:54 PM

This reminds me of this classic video of Romney calling out media bias:

Mitt Romney Calls Out Media Bias – “No, I represent the people.”

bluegill on January 2, 2012 at 7:50 PM

This is a Rick Perry thread. Please peddle your propaganda elsewhere.

JPeterman on January 2, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Must be newbys.

aunursa on January 2, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Got us a bunch of ‘em now….

Tim Zank on January 2, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Good for Perry on the smackdown. Give us a name Mikey. And Politico thinks they’re journalist?

Rovin on January 2, 2012 at 7:54 PM

There is the possibility of something very good getting started here…. someone has finally clued the candidates in on the games that Politico and it’s buddies are playing and are developing strategies for shutting them down… Newt actually got the ball rolling, now let’s see how good the rest of the field can get at calling “Bull Hockey” on the lib media brats who manipulated the last election with these tactics.

Any bets on how fast Politico publishes anonymous accusations of some kind of misconduct by Perry????

2nd Ammendment Mother on January 2, 2012 at 7:58 PM

100% chance that Mike Allen’s source is…Mike Allen. That cockroach has about as much integrity as a death row inmate.

Git ‘Em Perry!

Spirit Crusher on January 2, 2012 at 7:58 PM

I am a Romney-supporter, and I think perry is a piece of crap

your head is so far up Mitt’s butt, all you see is crap

Flapjackmaka on January 2, 2012 at 7:58 PM

gophergirl on January 2, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Perry!

annoyinglittletwerp on January 2, 2012 at 7:58 PM

I now know people in Iowa are really stupid!!! And yes-Ed is anti-Perry. And who listens to the liberal rag Register?

Bullhead on January 2, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Good for you Rick. I wish more Republicans would stick it to these ass-clowns in the media.

St Gaudens on January 2, 2012 at 7:59 PM

apocalypse on January 2, 2012 at 7:51 PM

That sounds wonderful. Don’t worry about Gov. Perry being better than Newt or Romney, his chances of winning are equal to Newt’s.

Cindy Munford on January 2, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Awesome! Rick has some cajones.

kg598301 on January 2, 2012 at 8:00 PM

This is one of those moments where Perry reminds me of Bush, in a good way. I can picture W responding the same way….”you got a name?”

Love it!

Either Rick 2012!

Kakalak Pundit on January 2, 2012 at 8:01 PM

your head is so far up Mitt’s butt, all you see is crap

Flapjackmaka on January 2, 2012 at 7:58 PM

I think that’s also the place where Romney hid those hard drives from when he was governor of MA.

Spirit Crusher on January 2, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Allahpundit on January 2, 2012 at 7:39 PM

After 5 years here-I actually didn’t know that.
In my defense-I was a natural blonde until I was 13.
The ditziness comes naturally. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on January 2, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Guess someone read my “Mr. Potato Head” suggestion and tried to put ‘em pieces together of all of them candidates/redneck

ProudPalinFan on January 2, 2012 at 8:03 PM

However I have a Twix bar in the freezer just in case :)

gophergirl on January 2, 2012 at 7:40 PM

LOL…

Make that a tub of chocolate and… for good measure… several crates of Everclear so that Perry supporters could meet at your end to drown our sorrows should he fail to do as well as we expect him to.

TheRightMan on January 2, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Now one thing Perry’s people are awesome at campaign ads. They’re downright funny.

ProudPalinFan on January 2, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Perry!

annoyinglittletwerp on January 2, 2012 at 7:58 PM

You know I read the polls and I get kind of down in the dumps and then I read about 30 different states being represented at the strikeforce and see pictures like this

And think that there has to be a huge shock tomorrow. The two stories being told just don’t add up IMO.

gophergirl on January 2, 2012 at 8:04 PM

If conservative politicians started showing the public what a bunch of doofusses the media is, they’d all be more electable.

they lie on January 2, 2012 at 8:04 PM

I wish this would start a trend.

Cindy Munford on January 2, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Newt started in the debates challenging the questions from the ‘moderators’(aka… the press)…

… I am glad to see Perry following suit.

Seven Percent Solution on January 2, 2012 at 8:05 PM

You Got A Name?

Hahaha! Put up -or- SHUT UP!

Mike Allen got schooled. Texas Style.

TN Mom on January 2, 2012 at 8:05 PM

they lie on January 2, 2012 at 8:04 PM

+1000

TN Mom on January 2, 2012 at 8:06 PM

I wish this would start a trend.

Cindy Munford on January 2, 2012 at 7:52 PM

It sure was pretty, wasn’t it? And I’m still hoping for a big upset tomorrow with Perry coming in 3rd.

JPeterman on January 2, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Seven Percent Solution on January 2, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Can’t happen often enough to suit me.

Cindy Munford on January 2, 2012 at 8:07 PM

ZGMF_Freedom on January 2, 2012 at 7:45 PM

My understanding was he (Perry) was aiming for the Evangelical vote in Iowa. I agree that successfully eliminating Santorum and Bachmann from the race would be helpful, but it appears Santorum will do really well tomorrow with a significant boost from Evangelicals. That said, Santorum’s momentum may be stymied in New Hampshire, which coincidentally may be the case for others as well.

Slainte on January 2, 2012 at 8:07 PM

They missed one question – the most important question of all:

Who has the best record?

The answer is clear: Gov. Rick Perry.

The other questions are based on opinion, this one would have been based on fact.

TheRightMan on January 2, 2012 at 8:07 PM

LOL…

TheRightMan on January 2, 2012 at 8:03 PM

It’s a date. I’m close to Iowa so it wouldn’t be a far drive for them.

Here’s hoping I never have to eat that Twix bar.

gophergirl on January 2, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Rick was really good there.

BoxHead1 on January 2, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Cindy Munford on January 2, 2012 at 8:00 PM

…Thank you Cindy

apocalypse on January 2, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Reminds me of the Adios Mofo Rick Perry we know in Texas. I guess his back is finally feelin fine.

Surprise em’ in Iowa Rick & Good Luck!

Gig Em’
Perry 2012

workingclass artist on January 2, 2012 at 8:09 PM

they lie on January 2, 2012 at 8:04 PM

ZGMF_Freedom on January 2, 2012 at 8:09 PM

gophergirl on January 2, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Spawn is staying overnight w/ is so that he can tour ‘Tech tomorrow(mother-in-law will ‘grab’ him on her way back to Illinois tomrrow eve) and he’s taking a bunch of Perry stickers to put on his ‘wheels’ back home..
‘Teach your children well…’

annoyinglittletwerp on January 2, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Gov. Perry in an Oct. 2010 interview on AZ Law,Border Security,DC & the upcoming Budget Battle.

workingclass artist on January 2, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Politico = irrelevant
Perry = irrelevanter

steebo77 on January 2, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Politico got pwned!

SagebrushPuppet on January 2, 2012 at 8:11 PM

‘Teach your children well…’

annoyinglittletwerp on January 2, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Good for him. If I’m this nervous for the first caucus vote – I’m never going to make it to the general election LOL!

gophergirl on January 2, 2012 at 8:12 PM

That clip is an instant classic

Perry2012

redneck hippie on January 2, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Good for Perry. My original candidate to get behind. Wish he had done better.

bluealice on January 2, 2012 at 8:13 PM

They missed one question – the most important question of all:

Who has the best record?

The answer is clear: Gov. Rick Perry.

TheRightMan on January 2, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Tripling Texas’ debt and growing spending faster than inflation and population growth combined = great record?

steebo77 on January 2, 2012 at 8:14 PM

nice_poltergeist on January 2, 2012 at 8:11 PM

I don’t know what state you live in(State of confusion, perhaps)but my guess is that….whatever state you call home…ain’t thrivin’ like Texas.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 2, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Why do some conservatives get orgasms from this faux-macho BS? It is painful to watch.

If that was Obama with Jake Tapper, would we be applauding demands for names? “Who in my administration is criticizing me? You gotta name Jake? You gotta name?????”

BocaJuniors on January 2, 2012 at 8:14 PM

This is the best the Republican’s can bring to the party??

I know that the majority of conservatives are touchy and defensive, but jeez…. that’s not very “presidential” behavior Mr. Perry!

Back to Texas with you! (and please stay there!)

nice_poltergeist on January 2, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Oh Brother.

I think showing a spine during a liberal yellowjournalism ambush is fine presidential behavior & will be required for the opponent to Obama.

workingclass artist on January 2, 2012 at 8:15 PM

How hard is it for an incumbent senator to lose by 18?

besser tot als rot on January 2, 2012 at 7:48 PM

That’s a thread winner, right there.

redneck hippie on January 2, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Ever since he threw himself into the fray I had high hopes for Perry…only to watch him in the debates…thinking “This man could screw up a wet dream!” He is doing better! But he should have put the peddle to the metal awhile ago.

KOOLAID2 on January 2, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Someone above said the Politico guy looked like he was “breaking down.”

He sure was. Perry was playing the game properly. He was supposed to deny the allegations so that Politico could run a headline saying: Governor Perry Attmpts to Deny Very Credible Accusations By Inside Source, followed later by “Governor Perry Continues Attempts to Deny Very Credible Accusations.”

“Got a name?” just wasn’t in the playbook. Good job, Gov.

This certainly will give ol’ Rick something to tell the fellers around the campfire about when he returns to Texas after New Hampshire.

Perry/Anonymous 2102 – Give Politico some of what they give out.

Horace on January 2, 2012 at 8:16 PM

steebo77 on January 2, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Ummmmm….Texas has the second lowest debt per capita in the nation.

workingclass artist on January 2, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Politico got pwned!

SagebrushPuppet on January 2, 2012 at 8:11 PM

How exactly?

BocaJuniors on January 2, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Most of us are not really interested in your definition of ‘presidential’ which is groveling to liberals and only attacking other conservatives when the Pavlovian bell is rung.

Back to Texas with you! (and please stay there!)

nice_poltergeist on January 2, 2012 at 8:11 PM

He can stay and take his chances as long as he wants to and if he makes the cut then that the way it goes.

sharrukin on January 2, 2012 at 8:16 PM

gophergirl on January 2, 2012 at 8:12 PM

My son turns 18 on April 1-so he’s gonna just miss being able to vote in the Il primary.
i don’t know why he’s complaining.
Had I been born 12 days later or so I would’ve missed voting in the 1988 GENERAL election entirely.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 2, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Politico = irrelevant
Perry = irrelevanter

steebo77 on January 2, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Exactly.

BocaJuniors on January 2, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Here’s hoping I never have to eat that Twix bar.

gophergirl on January 2, 2012 at 8:07 PM

You will not. Unless you love eating Twix for celebrations.

Thanks for the great job you and Aslan’s Girl have done and continue to do – by posting the pictures of Gov. Perry’s campaign stops.

You know the funny thing? The media/Perry haters can’t spin away his crowded stops so they had to inject an opinion that those are Iowans that have nothing better to do than spending an evening at a Perry campaign stop.

Here is what I believe is happening:

A decent number of the people thronging Gov. Perry’s stops are the 40+% undecideds. They believe Perry to be the best choice but want to see him in action to confirm whether he is for real or a doofus as the media has portrayed him to be.

Reports from the stops indicate that many enter the room skeptical but leave Perry supporters.

Should this trend continue, Romney and his supporters – chief among them csdeven – will be in catatonic shock tomorrow. And there will be lots of “Bwa ha ha ha” on the threads…

TheRightMan on January 2, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Perry shoots… and he scores! Awesome!

Anonymous sources should never be considered in this sort of context.

balkanmom on January 2, 2012 at 8:20 PM

How exactly?

BocaJuniors on January 2, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Did you watch the video? Even someone like me who doesn’t think a Texas A&M Yell Boy with named boots should be President has to give Ol’ Rick credit on this one. The Politico beta-male was completely flummoxed.

That’s how Politico got pwned. And deservedly so.

Horace on January 2, 2012 at 8:22 PM

TheRightMan on January 2, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Nope if Perry shocks the world tomorrow – Twix bar stays in freezer :)

gophergirl on January 2, 2012 at 8:22 PM

How hard is it for an incumbent senator to lose by 18?

besser tot als rot on January 2, 2012 at 7:48 PM

That’s a thread winner!

In a state that kept electing Rectum Specter and the Murtha mouth?

KOOLAID2 on January 2, 2012 at 8:22 PM

ZGMF_Freedom on January 2, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Yeah, the problem is that tons of conservatives have confused journalist beatdowns with effective presidential leadership. Much like liberals in 2008 thought giving awesome teleprompter speeches meant Obama was going to be a magical lightworker at 1600 Penn Ave.

Perry and Newt are great at producing anti-MSM porn, but lacking in what’s important.

BocaJuniors on January 2, 2012 at 8:23 PM

The Entire Class of Texas A&M 1972 is in Iowa volunteering for Rick Perry…Aggies are awesome!

workingclass artist on January 2, 2012 at 8:23 PM

steebo77 on January 2, 2012 at 8:14 PM

You want to match your candidate’s – I presume Romney – record against Perry?

Go ahead… *tapping foot*

Or Bachmann? Santorum? Gingrich? Who?

TheRightMan on January 2, 2012 at 8:23 PM

My mother’s a former print reporter(she loathes the term ‘journalist’) and had/has little respect for those reporters who liked to hide their obvious bias behind anonymous ‘sources’.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 2, 2012 at 8:24 PM

That’s how Politico got pwned. And deservedly so.

Horace on January 2, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Wow, yeah. Perry is such a tough guy. Pretending like he didn’t understand why some staffer would comment anonymously to Politico.

Governor Steel Cojones!