Alan Colmes: The way Santorum dealt with the death of his child sure was crazy

posted at 4:45 pm on January 2, 2012 by Allahpundit

You’d think liberals would want to pull their punches against Santorum until he’s built up enough momentum nationally to complicate life for Romney, yet here’s Colmesy throwing an uppercut straight to the groin. Pure instinctual ideological bloodlust? Or … is this actually a sly bit of jujitsu in which AC, through a calculated display of jerkiness, forces the viewer to sympathize with Santorum, thus giving him another little boost before tomorrow night? It’s good cop/bad cop co-starring Rich Lowry. Fiendishly clever!

No, I kid. Obviously, it’s bloodlust. That’s the first clip; the second clip, via the Right Scoop, has Santorum talking about his son’s death a few months ago in an interview with Piers Morgan. I don’t know where Colmes is getting the idea that they brought the baby’s body home to “play with it.” They brought him home because they wanted his siblings to understand that they had had a brother who’d lived and died. Seeing him with their own eyes and having a few hours together as a family would bond them to his memory in a way that nothing else would. It’s not what most parents would do, but it’s not “crazy.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

kill their babies
Daikokuco on January 2, 2012 at 6:19 PM

At least you are honest.

CW on January 2, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Key West Reader on January 2, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Such a terrible loss, I’m so sorry. I can’t imagine the long term anxiety that must of produced.

Cindy Munford on January 2, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Lets see how fair Allah and Ed are. Will they post that video of Santorum saying:

“I don’t want to make black people’s lives better by giving them somebody else’s money,” Santorum begins. “I want to give them the opportunity to go out and earn the money and provide for themselves and their families.”

BEFORE the Iowa caucus’???? I highly doubt it. Prove me wrong Allah or Ed.

thphilli on January 2, 2012 at 6:25 PM

Remember you must dehumanize the unborn in order for abortions continued acceptance.

CW on January 2, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Yup. The same thing Democrats did to blacks to make slavery morally & socially acceptable.

29Victor on January 2, 2012 at 6:25 PM

The leftsocial conservatives say these things because they are GODLESSBIGOT SCUM.

GhoulAid on January 2, 2012 at 5:13 PM

fixed.

nathor on January 2, 2012 at 6:26 PM

See the above paragraph. Imagine an America where abortion is outlawed. A baby miscarries or dies shortly after birth. How do you prove that it wasn’t deliberate? People who have abortions are monsters who have no problem with abortion. What makes you think they’d have a problem with causing miscarriages to themselves? Either you accept it and allow them to sabotage and kill their babies by new alternatives to abortion, or you put teeth to the law, which means throughly investigating for any wrongdoing for ANY baby that dies before or during the birthing process.

Daikokuco on January 2, 2012 at 6:19 PM

The same way you prove whether a crime happened or not?

We already have women who intentionally hurt themselves or take pills in order to force a miscarriage. There is a reason Dr.’s and hospitals take notes, and that is to deal with any potential legal situations in almost any type of death.

The focus on a personhood law is to prevent Dr.’s from having the license or the ability to perform abortions. It would never completely end abortion, but it would reduce it significantly.

Bluray on January 2, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Alan Colmes is a small man.

antisocial on January 2, 2012 at 6:26 PM

CW on January 2, 2012 at 5:57 PM

You can post it a million times. Doesn’t make it any more true.

thphilli on January 2, 2012 at 5:58 PM

And you can state your viewpoint a million times, but we’re still entitiled to our opinions and don’t have to agree with you.

All I know is that Colmes and Snake Head give my wife the creeps. It’s the eyes, they have those glassy, dead eyes and she gets the heebies when she sees those dudes.

Bishop on January 2, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Hi, Bishop! Your wife and my husband both see the same thing. My DH says their eyes are like empty black holes because they have no souls.

We married some smart people, didn’t we?

GrannyDee on January 2, 2012 at 6:26 PM

BEFORE the Iowa caucus’???? I highly doubt it. Prove me wrong Allah or Ed.

thphilli on January 2, 2012 at 6:25 PM

Can you give us a reason why it is bad thing to say he wants to give African Americans opportunities to succeed and break out of a cycle of poverty?

Bluray on January 2, 2012 at 6:27 PM

fixed.
nathor on January 2, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Not hardly. There are still Reagan Conservatives at Hot Air.

kingsjester on January 2, 2012 at 6:27 PM

I’ve tried that clip with a few people and found that if you tell them Santorum says “black people’s lives” or “li-people’s lives” before showing the clip, they hear what you told them to hear.

Personally, I think you’re on the right track. Even if he did say “black,” nothing in that statement makes him out as racist. If anything, he is advocating bettering the lives of black people instead of trying to make them dependent the way current social programs do.

sockpuppetpolitic on January 2, 2012 at 6:24 PM

I think that’s probably accurate. It’s close enough where you’ll hear what you want to hear. If someone preps you a certain way, you’ll likely agree with them.

I’m not a Santorum guy, and I don’t think he says “black.” I hear a “y” sound, not a “ck” one. Like I said, sounds like “Bly People’s Lives.”

Good Solid B-Plus on January 2, 2012 at 6:28 PM

thphilli on January 2, 2012 at 6:23 PM

I don’t understand why you promote a candidate that you don’t think can win buy trashing the other candidates who are running and expect that to reflect positively on the future candidacy of the younger Paul. It’s not like horse racing where you can bet on Win – Place -Show he either wins or doesn’t. And your treatment of others will just guarantee you being ignored in the future.

Cindy Munford on January 2, 2012 at 6:29 PM

There is nothing I can write that could even comprehend your profound loss. May He look after your little guy. Sometimes, people know not what they speak; such as now.

May He bless you and your family.

jersey taxpayer on January 2, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Wow, this is a new low for Colmes and, sadly, some of the HotAir commentators.

My heart goes out to those who have lost a child right after birth. There is nothing creepy about saying goodbye to your baby. There is something very creepy–and bigoted–about people who would judge others who wanted to do so.

JannyMae on January 2, 2012 at 6:30 PM

We also shouldn’t have legislation against killing someone deliberately on the operating table, because every doctor performing a surgery where a patient dies will be charged with murder.

Oh, wait, we already have that legislation, and that doesn’t happen. Try a new one, Daiko. Or should I say, うそつき.

Good Solid B-Plus on January 2, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Unlike unborn babies and their mothers, most surgeries do not commence until many forms and liability waivers are signed. Have you had surgery? The whole industry is set up to take exactly that into account. And even then there are a huge amount of lawsuits into surgery that DOES go wrong. Ever heard of a malpractice suit? They aren’t exactly rare…

Daikokuco on January 2, 2012 at 6:30 PM

t8stlikchkn on January 2, 2012 at 5:22 PM

God bless you and your family.

njrob on January 2, 2012 at 6:30 PM

thphilli on January 2, 2012 at 6:25 PM

What exactly is the problem with this, for black or white? I mean you claim to be a libertarian and yet you get bent out of shape by a guy supporting people being independent of government?

sharrukin on January 2, 2012 at 6:30 PM

he’s ok. he lived. several brain surgeries. and he is only a hemiplegic. we are extremely lucky. i cant even tell you how lucky, after what he and we went thru. he is amazing. i am crying now. damn.

t8stlikchkn on January 2, 2012 at 5:22 PM

internet forums like this one are not the best place to say these personal stuff…

nathor on January 2, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Bishop on January 2, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Bishop, are you from Orlando?

Key West Reader on January 2, 2012 at 6:31 PM

You’re not going to win going after this Administration on foreign policy.–Colmes

Obama has repeatedly insulted the US’s best ally, Great Britain (not to mention him twice recently referring to “the English embassy”), as well as outrageously opposed their interests (i.e., the Faulklands). Obama has hurt our relations with other allies, too: he has betrayed Poland, Israel, Canada, Georgia, & Honduras. Those are the ones that come to mind; I’m sure there are others. The best example of a true “Arab Spring” was in Iran, & Obama turned a deaf ear (except for a mild statement weeks too late) to the throngs of freedom seekers who were brutally repressed. But when US ally Mubarak was opposed in Egypt (& there was no govt oppression of the crowds), Obama jumped on that bandwagon like a kid on a merry-go-round. Now Islamo-fascists have largely taken over there. In Libya, Obama took the US to war unconstitutionally–Congress had no say–but Obama was careful to get permission from the corrupt UN. And the Islamo-fascists have apparently largely taken over there.

itsnotaboutme on January 2, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Good Solid B-Plus on January 2, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Santorum also says they want more of YOU on Medicaid. Who was in the room with him? Was it a group of black people? If not, then I don’t think Tphilli has a leg to stand on, but he obviously WANTS to believe, based just on this, that Santorum is a racist, and he obviously REFUSES to believe that there is any evidence that Paul is. Closed minded to the max!

JannyMae on January 2, 2012 at 6:32 PM

IMO, this site doesn’t need any more open registrations. If anything, it needs a long cleansing bath. I have previously made fun of several lefty sites that make you “audition” or have you on a probation, as part of being allowed to post on the site. I now have a totally different opinion. I’ve also noticed that more and more of the older and good posters are disappearing from here, is this in reaction to the nastiness of the discussions, or the insane comments from some here? Something the folks in charge need to take a long look at, I think.

di butler on January 2, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Daikokuco on January 2, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Your assuming the state would intentionally go out and try to prosecute women who have miscarriages without even looking at the circumstances involved.

If hospitals think a crime has been committed they pass on that information to the authorities. Your just falling for the left’s rhetoric that stricter Abortion laws who cause a lot of back alley abortions, and there is no evidence of that.

Bluray on January 2, 2012 at 6:33 PM

I find what Santorum did to be a bit bizarre-but then again…my only pregnancy is almost 18.
If I had lost a pregnancy-I don’t know for certain how I would have reacted.
I don’t feel comfortable passing judgement on how the grieving Santorum’s handled the loss of their child.
Grief is personal.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 2, 2012 at 6:33 PM

He has done NOTHING in his personal life or his extensive record to show a hint of racism. He has longtime black friends in the Texas NAACP who say straight up there is not a racist bone in his body.

thphilli on January 2, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Yes, he did, he personally put his name on that newsletter.

tinkerthinker on January 2, 2012 at 6:35 PM

BEFORE the Iowa caucus’???? I highly doubt it. Prove me wrong Allah or Ed.

thphilli on January 2, 2012 at 6:25 PM

Bluray on January 2, 2012 at 6:27 PM

To bad Santorum has to make it sound so racist. Maybe you should run bluray.

rubberneck on January 2, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Bluray on January 2, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Because by specifically mentioning blacks he is insinuating that its only blacks that receive government benefits. Unless he is saying that he DOES want whites to receive other people’s money, and he just doesn’t want the same for blacks.

thphilli on January 2, 2012 at 6:35 PM

thphilli on January 2, 2012 at 6:25 PM

Do you really think that comparing and contrasting Santorum’s desire for blacks to become self relient and Mr. Paul’s desire to have young black males to be treated as adults in the court system because of their upbring is going to fair well? I give Mr. Paul a pass on a lot of stuff he says because, like Sen. Byrd, he is of another era but I think you are pushing the envelope.

Cindy Munford on January 2, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Obama’s minions are in desperation mode and nothing will be left untouched.

kim roy on January 2, 2012 at 5:59 PM

This thread was enough to bring me to tears. I’ve lived long enough to be able to say that nothing surprises me anymore, but today I am aghast that politics has reached this level of depravity. Using a deceased child and a family’s grief as a weapon against a presidential candidate? Evil doesn’t begin to describe it.

lynncgb on January 2, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Yes, me too. Peace be with everyone who shared their stories today.

Nothing desperate people do surprises me and the minions are desperate. It’s going to get uglier before it’s over. We need to keep up the good fight.

kim roy on January 2, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Judging how other people grieve is a horrible thing to do. Until/unless you are in a similar situation then just sit back, shut up and thank God that you haven’t been there.

And what Santorum’s family did is neither strange nor creepy. In fact, 100 years ago it would have been considered typical.

Religious_Zealot on January 2, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Peel back the gargoyle-like visage of Colmes’ head and you’ll find an angry, crass boor. His obvious lack of class is overwhelmed by his empathy for his fellow man. He truly is a putz.

LizardLips on January 2, 2012 at 6:37 PM

t8stlikchkn on January 2, 2012 at 5:22 PM

This reminds me about the attacks on Trig Palin. They attacked his mother because Trig was “allowed” to live.

The left should be ashamed of Alan Colmes. And they should be ashamed of their policies. And I, as a citizen tax payer should not be forced to support abortion through my tax dollars through the funding of “planned parenthood”. And Catholic Hospitals shouldn’t be forced to shut down for refusing to kill human life.

But, the left knows what’s right.

Key West Reader on January 2, 2012 at 6:37 PM

t8stlikchkn on January 2, 2012 at 5:22 PM

nathor on January 2, 2012 at 6:30 PM

t8stlikchkn,

Forget that comment. I’m always appreciative to hear what our fellow commenters have gone through. Especially when it so similar as the subject of the thread.

hawkdriver on January 2, 2012 at 6:38 PM

sharrukin on January 2, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Its the specific mention of blacks that makes it racisty. There is absolutely no reason to mention race in what he said. Other than the mention of race, he is right on. There is no way to square what he said and make it come out not sounding incredibly racist. Either he is implying that only blacks receive government aid or he is saying that black people shouldn’t receive government aid when others should. The specific mention of race was beyond a stupid thing to say.

thphilli on January 2, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Yes, he did, he personally put his name on that newsletter.

tinkerthinker on January 2, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Yeah, but if you discount every racist thing he’s ever written or said, there is NOTHING in his record to prove racism!

29Victor on January 2, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Daikokuco on January 2, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Such gross ignorance you display. There are plenty of lawsuits against obstetricians who deliver “less than perfect babies.” There are always some people who will look for someone to “blame” when things go wrong. Anybody can sue anybody. That’s why tort reform is so drastically needed when it comes to lawsuits. Malpractice insurance premiums are sky-high because there is so much abuse.

You made an absolutely ridiculous suggestion about charging a woman with manslaughter for having a baby that dies. You’re failing miserably in trying to defend that non-sequitur. There is no comparison between someone actively trying to kill their child, and someone who, through unknown circumstances, has their child die shortly after birth. You. Are. An. Idiot.

JannyMae on January 2, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Cindy Munford on January 2, 2012 at 6:36 PM

I think it may be all that dope smoking, Ms.Munford.

JPeterman on January 2, 2012 at 6:40 PM

mark81150 on January 2, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Yep, its hard to put into words exactly. Its been 13 years for us. I think I stated 20 years in an earlier post, but it was Feb 7, 1998. Ethan was his name. Our marriage made it through the loss, but many don’t. We put out his Christmas stocking each year…

The point is there was nothing “creepy” about the way the Santorums handled their loss. If the media and HA posters want to attack other aspects of his policies, no problem. BUT, hands off his family’s loss.

jbh45 on January 2, 2012 at 6:40 PM

thphilli on January 2, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Or he was addressing the issue of black poverty, the reasons for it, and the disproportionate number of blacks who are dependent on the government in one form or another, and why that a bad thing?

sharrukin on January 2, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Don’t get pissed at me for pointing out the logical conclusion of the kind of anti-abortion legislation Santorum pushes. His own wife would be a criminal, if not actually a felon. Do I think she is? Hell no. But if Santorum and his followers got their way, she would be. This needed pointing out. Simple.

Daikokuco on January 2, 2012 at 5:39 PM

You are a very dim witted person.

angryed on January 2, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Maybe this could be a new trend for the Left. Attack parents who are pro-life when they lose a baby. I wonder if Colmes thinks the Duggars played with the baby they lost and had a memorial service for?

Blue Collar Todd on January 2, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Cindy Munford on January 2, 2012 at 6:36 PM

I am not comparing and contrasting at all. I am ONLY talking about santorum. What he said was racist and it was stupid. What he said is no less or more racist because of what someone else may or may not have said. All I am saying is that it sure would be nice for Allah and Ed to post about this before the voting begins. Cause we had to have 50+ Ron Paul is a racist posts before Iowa so that “people know who they are voting for”. Lets have 1 Rick Santorum may be a racist post before Iowa to at least give the hint of fairness. Had Ron Paul said that same line, we would already have had multiple headline posts about it as well as a blog posting.

thphilli on January 2, 2012 at 6:42 PM

lynncgb on January 2, 2012 at 6:18 PM

As has been stated above, pro-choicers have to dehumanize babies to believe what they believe. And once you dehumanize someone else, you dehumanize yourself. That fact has been on display quite a bit on this thread.

29Victor on January 2, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Thank you to all those who’ve expressed kind words, and to the other parents, there are no words..

The day I lost, we lost, our son,.. after an hour or so, I had to go to the cxar and grab my wife’s birth bag, with her extra clothes and such.. I was standing outside, staring off into space, numb, just frozen inside, couldn’t cry, scream, run,.. just numbly frozen.. and then a guy trotted past me, stopped, and told me he just had his first child born,..

It’s a great, great day..

I couldn’t do it,. couldn’t take that from him, and tell him of what we had just been through.. I couldn’t take that away from him, so I forced a smile, and told him, yeah,.. it was a great day..

I lost it in the car,.. after, I brought my wife’s bag up to her, and wondered,… what his child’s name would be..

I can only say, that those expressing their cruelty here, haven’t yet suffered the kind of grief that tears your soul in two. They wouldn’t say these things, if they had.

mark81150 on January 2, 2012 at 6:42 PM

sharrukin on January 2, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Except he didn’t say any of that. He said that one sentence with no clarifications. You are adding to it to try and make it sound less offensive.

thphilli on January 2, 2012 at 6:42 PM

JPeterman on January 2, 2012 at 6:40 PM

LOL! It’s always good when there is an explanation.

Cindy Munford on January 2, 2012 at 6:43 PM

thphilli on January 2, 2012 at 6:39 PM

This?

But you’re okay with the newsletters.

Man, you’re a prize.

hawkdriver on January 2, 2012 at 6:43 PM

It appears that some who may have personal experience with this type of loss are willing to give the Santorum family the right to grieve as they need to because we’ve been there. If that makes us all “creepy fundie apologists” – so be it.

katiejane on January 2, 2012 at 6:16 PM

I have watched people grieve over a child they never saw alive. I’d have never thought that this sort of empathy would require a “gotta burn your hand on the stove” kind of lesson.

And it isn’t just people either. Buried in my youthful evening prayers — is the phrase “God bless the kittens that died” — there because one of my family’s cats once had a litter of stillborns — and one kitten which lived for a few hours. To my six year old mind — and children sometimes know a truth that eludes adults — was the thought that even the dead ones were kittens — even if they had never taken a breath. I know the cat thought so, for she wouldn’t let us take them from her.

unclesmrgol on January 2, 2012 at 6:45 PM

thphilli on January 2, 2012 at 6:42 PM

I forgot to notice the date, is it current? Email it to the tips address. I don’t think there is any bias shown for Sen. Santorum other that his surge is of very recent date.

Cindy Munford on January 2, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Yet here you are on every thread extolling the virtues of a guy who was the centerfold for Stormfront Magazine at least a dozen times.

Bishop on January 2, 2012 at 5:50 PM

is popular in stromfront for is positions of ending the war on drugs which imprisons too many black people.

it does not make sense to think paul as a racist when look at the whole of his position.

nathor on January 2, 2012 at 6:46 PM

This?

But you’re okay with the newsletters.

Man, you’re a prize.

hawkdriver on January 2, 2012 at 6:43 PM

I would not be OK with the newsletters at all if I thought for a second Ron Paul wrote them. There is absolutely nothing in his record that would show him to be even slightly racist, and I don’t think he has split personalities.

thphilli on January 2, 2012 at 6:46 PM

The whole thing is really gross if you ask me. Mainstream America won’t accept behavior like this.

rubberneck on January 2, 2012 at 5:09 PM

That is what I said about Rev. Wright, Louis Farrakhan, Support for Late Term abortions, and Obama support for letting live babies die on the floor if they survived an abortion, but look where we are now!

Bulletchaser on January 2, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Well…to be fair at least 25 of those threads were “Ron Paul doesn’t mind Iran having nukes because fascist Israel has them”, so they weren’t all concentrated on RP’s racism.

Bishop on January 2, 2012 at 6:48 PM

You are adding to it to try and make it sound less offensive.

thphilli on January 2, 2012 at 6:42 PM

It doesn’t sound offensive.
It sounds like a good conservative policy.

sharrukin on January 2, 2012 at 6:48 PM

mark81150 on January 2, 2012 at 6:42 PM

My apologies to you and others on behalf of those who have posted some of the nastiest comments I have ever read here.

And my heartfelt sympathy to all of you who have shared your loss and pain with us at HA.

GrannyDee on January 2, 2012 at 6:49 PM

thphilli on January 2, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Wait, you think that 31 seconds was the sum total of what Sen. Santorum said at that gathering? Now your just pulling everyone’s legs. I agree you might not know the context but it doesn’t mean there wasn’t any.

Cindy Munford on January 2, 2012 at 6:49 PM

mark81150 on January 2, 2012 at 6:42 PM

I’ll never forget having to call around at various funeral homes while my wife was in a recovery room. Talk about some heartless souls, funeral home directors are right up there. After a few calls, I had enough….just couldn’t handle it. I remember feeling numb for about a month, trying to keep it all inside…be the strong man and all that.

Tough memories…

jbh45 on January 2, 2012 at 6:50 PM

sharrukin on January 2, 2012 at 6:30 PM

thphilli on January 2, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Been watching you try to minimize Paul’s background by trying to maximize Santorum’s.

I don’t care enough to try to hear the word “black” in there or to click links, etc, because I feel there’s nothing wrong with what he said in any incarnation tossed around so far.

But to address the above point, what is the context in which he’s saying it? What were the preceding questions? Were they discussing the AA community beforehand? Would it have been entirely appropriate in this situation to be discussing the AA community.

You really aren’t helping yourself or Paul by playing by the liberal handbook of selective race card dealing.

kim roy on January 2, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Alan Holmes is like every other Libertard…if/when he loses his argument, regardless the point, he starts ‘talking-over’ his opponent. Of course being a liberal, he is all for abortion, and Liberals don’t think life begin until the child is about 13 y.o. so naturally he couldn’t begin to understand that a stillborn baby might be considered a family member and let siblings spend a few moments with him/her, before returning the child to the hospital for burial preparation. The way Colmes describes such an event as “playing with” the dead baby is totally clueless,tasteless, classless, to say nothing of unkind…but what can you expect from someone of his ilk?

Dawgwood on January 2, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Colmes needs to read “Swimmer in the Secret Sea“.

And then stick his sh!thead in a toilet and flush.

profitsbeard on January 2, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Yeah, RP didn’t actually write all the nasty stuff in those pamphlets, only stuff that appeared next to the nasty stuff.

Does he take pride that his words appear in a racist forum?

Bishop on January 2, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Alan Colmes is a typical Democrat.

fadetogray on January 2, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Yeah, this is pretty awkward.

rubberneck on January 2, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Except that, uh..

CBS News has posted a cleaner version of Santorum’s remarks, and it seems as though Santorum did not actually say “black people’s lives,” but rather, that he stumbled in mid-sentence with a verbal tic that sounded like that.

Good Solid B-Plus on January 2, 2012 at 6:53 PM

kim roy on January 2, 2012 at 6:50 PM

You could watch the video, and it would give you at least a little context.

thphilli on January 2, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Blue Collar Todd on January 2, 2012 at 6:42 PM

The Duggars baby prior to this one spent 3 months in ICU after was born as many months early. The recent miscarriage happened because the two of them-I think they have 2 grandkids-are too old to be having anymore kids. Michelle claims to be turning her uterus into a circus car is God’s will. No. When you’re in your mid-40′s, a granparent, and your most recent surviving child was born before 30 weeks-the only will you’re following…is your own.
*No-I don’t like the Duggars. How’d you guess*

annoyinglittletwerp on January 2, 2012 at 6:54 PM

thphilli on January 2, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Well, he visited Indianola — which is 81% black. Now, notice that he visited Indianola and I’m sure that the demographic of the people in the welfare line was even greater than 81% black.

I’d love to see Paul walk into a black neighborhood and do anything other than shivver at his great luck in getting out alive. Heh.

unclesmrgol on January 2, 2012 at 6:54 PM

t8stlikchkn,

hawkdriver on January 2, 2012 at 6:38 PM

i still think that saying this personal stuff in a forum where even personal stuff can become political football is not a wise decision.
but, hey, its an opinion and sincere advice, if you don’t agree, knock yourself out.

nathor on January 2, 2012 at 6:54 PM

mark81150 on January 2, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Yes,,,Thanks to you all for kind words…many have lost little ones and never got to look upon their faces or hold them at all or say goodbye so Rick and his family are lucky in that they were able to.

tinkerthinker on January 2, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Except that, uh..

Good Solid B-Plus on January 2, 2012 at 6:53 PM

That neo-conservative CBS News is obviously trying to prevent Ron Paul from winning the nomination.

Bluray on January 2, 2012 at 6:56 PM

thphilli on January 2, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Okay, I’m going to have revise my opinion. If you look at the 46 second video that rubberneck on January 2, 2012 at 6:48 PM has linked you will see that it is indeed a mumble because he is address “all of you” in the crowd and it is about dependency on the government and not blacks.

Cindy Munford on January 2, 2012 at 6:56 PM

thphilli on January 2, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Because Herr Doktor is a racist.

catmman on January 2, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Except that, uh..

Good Solid B-Plus on January 2, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Except that if you watch the CBS video, it still clearly sounds like he is saying “black”. Unless of course he routinely interrupts sentences with outbursts of “blaag” and I am simply unaware of it.

thphilli on January 2, 2012 at 6:57 PM

unclesmrgol on January 2, 2012 at 6:45 PM

3 years ago I had to put one of my cats to sleep.
Watching my father die(okay my father was a creep) wasn’t as hard.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 2, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Because Herr Doktor is a racist.

catmman on January 2, 2012 at 6:56 PM

You throw that word around just like a liberal.

thphilli on January 2, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Daikokuco on January 2, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Red herring. big red herring.

unclesmrgol on January 2, 2012 at 6:57 PM

*No-I don’t like the Duggars. How’d you guess*

While I understand that they may be foolish in continuing to have kids, those haven’t been her words on that subject. She has said that she felt God was still willing them to have children and that she was healthy enough. She also recognized that at some point she would have to stop, and that is probably going to be now.

Bluray on January 2, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Liar, liar, pants on fire. That is manufactured B.S. by CBS.

CBS News quotes Santorum:
“make black people’s lives better by giving them somebody else’s money”

Acutal quote from Santorum:
“make lives-people’s lives better by giving them somebody else’s money”.

He never said it. Listen to the video at that link.

JPeterman on January 2, 2012 at 5:25 PM

After a Breitbart site quoted Nancy Pelosi’s daughter as saying her mother wanted to resign but couldn’t because donors wanted her to stick around despite the fact she was “destined for the wilderness,” the daughter tried to dial it back, and say she didn’t mean “wilderness,” but “greatness.” That doesn’t make sense, and I’ve said so.

I truly admire Santorum for his courageous statements about Lawrence vs. Texas, which have been distorted and abused by the MSM. I have long been on record as saying so. But I can’t agree with you here. It does sound to me like he is saying “black,” and if he isn’t, I can’t honestly say I blame anyone who thinks he is.

That being said, as a black man, I agree with him on his stance. But being race-specific about it was an unforced error. And Paul-Aid guzzlers shouldn’t flog this as if it is more significant than either the absent-mindedness of their candidate, or his dishonesty, or of his naiveite, or of his hypocrisy, or (you get the picture)…

L.N. Smithee on January 2, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Wow people…….

ksmoola1 on January 2, 2012 at 7:00 PM

i do think bringing the dead baby\fetus home to show the kids is strange. however the attack by colmes on this does not seem right.

nathor on January 2, 2012 at 7:00 PM

nathor on January 2, 2012 at 6:46 PM

I’m sure stormfront is very concerned about the welfare of black people. Heh.

And the drugs — never mind “the war on drugs” result in more black-on-black deaths than anything else in their community.

Hmm. If I get that article right, then taking your position that legalizing drugs drives down black incarceration, I must also advocate for a complete ban on firearms — for is not the putative killer who will wind up in prison apt to carry a firearm?

unclesmrgol on January 2, 2012 at 7:03 PM

I hate all of this arguing about whether or not Ron Paul is a racist.

The guy is a nut. He has less chance being the Republican nominee than I have. Republicans elect Presidents who are proud of their country and seek to defend it and always give it the benefit of the doubt, even when they disagree with a current American policy and are vociferously opposing it in public.

Ron Paul despises America. In his view we are a tyrannical international bully, messing with other countries for no good reason. If I thought he had any chance of ever becoming President, I could easily see him doing Obama’s kind of apology tour. I could even see him paying reparations to all of the countries we have ‘meddled with’ over the last century.

His foreign policy would be right at home in the Democratic Party. It has no place in the Republican Party.

Who gives a damn if he is or is not a racist?

fadetogray on January 2, 2012 at 7:03 PM

mark81150 on January 2, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Let’s thank God that they haven’t had to feel it. I’m so sorry for what you went through. The sheer excitement and joy on the birth day, just to walk home in sadness. But I think we can all agree that we do eventually heal. Not totally, but enough to carry on.

God Bless you and your wife. I hope you ended up okay.

OTOH, Alan Colmes career. is. over.

Key West Reader on January 2, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Just something to keep in mind everybody, this was already out there. Some center-right douchebag attacked Santorum over this about a year ago. I think it was one of the FrumForum losers, but I don’t remember for sure.

So it isn’t like it was a secret until he talked about it on Morgan’s show.

Also, remember that Colmes is the same ignorant dunce who tried to say that a pregnant woman flying on a plane could cause Down Syndrome in her baby. An Andrew Sullivan School of Amature Gynecology alumnus, no doubt.

Walter Sobchak on January 2, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Tpsilli is going on and on and on calling Santorum a racist over one suspect video and yet he ignores much more evidence showing Paul is a racist. This is quite the definition of deflection.

CW on January 2, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Bluray on January 2, 2012 at 6:59 PM
Sorry.
If I seem like I have a lot of vitriol toward the Duggars it’s because they’re followers of Bill Gothard. My now-mother-in-law dragged me to a Gothard seminar in 1996 so I could learn(as a new Christian) how to conduct myself as a ‘good Christian’ wife/mother.
The whole thing left me with a very nasty taste.
Compared to Michelle Duggar-I’m Kathia Polit.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 2, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Who gives a damn if he is or is not a racist?

fadetogray on January 2, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Why are you shifting the subject?

Key West Reader on January 2, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Who gives a damn if he is or is not a racist?

fadetogray on January 2, 2012 at 7:03 PM

The American people do. You’re naive if you think not.

CW on January 2, 2012 at 7:06 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on January 2, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Just read the Book of Matthew. Start there.

Key West Reader on January 2, 2012 at 7:07 PM

nathor on January 2, 2012 at 7:00 PM

It doesn’t seem right because you are perhaps not as sure it is strange as you assert. If you truly did think it was strange, you’d be stoking the fires like Daikokuco did.

unclesmrgol on January 2, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Sorry.
The whole thing left me with a very nasty taste.
Compared to Michelle Duggar-I’m Kathia Polit.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 2, 2012 at 7:05 PM

That is a legitimate criticism of their family, I just wanted to point out that she did realize the risk involved and knows she can’t keep having kids forever.

Hopefully, this will give her the opportunity to realize that it is not worth it to keep having kids at her age.

Bluray on January 2, 2012 at 7:09 PM

nathor on January 2, 2012 at 7:00 PM

The attack was downright bizarre. Colmes really seems to think it is reasonable for him to judge the grieving behavior of people who have lost a child. It is mindboggling.

Anyone with any idea how deep and overwhelming the pain of grief involved in the loss of a child knows Colmes is at the very best an ignorant cad.

Any normal person who loses a child goes at least a little bit mad.

fadetogray on January 2, 2012 at 7:11 PM

You throw that word around just like a liberal.

thphilli on January 2, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Paulbot definition of a liberal: Anyone who doesn’t like Ron Paul.

With that, I am left with the strange thought that most of us are liberals.

unclesmrgol on January 2, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Tpsilli even if your dream about Paul not being racist is true it is clear that he is so incompetent he did not even know what was in his OWN newsletter. Not presidential material

CW on January 2, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Bluray on January 2, 2012 at 7:09 PM

I understand-and I didn’t want people to think that I was rejoicing in the loss of a pre-born baby.
I’m a bit of an ice-queen…but I’m not that cold.
babies are always innocent.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 2, 2012 at 7:14 PM

You throw that word around just like a liberal.

thphilli on January 2, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Actually, I use it because there is plenty of evidence to support it. Liberals don’t do that. Liberals use it to stifle debate.

I was against it at first, but hawkdriver is right: I want you to keep talking. I want your compatriots like Jerry Bear to keep talking. I want Dante to keep talking.

I want you to continue to equivocate and rationalize your beliefs for the world to see.

There is also plenty of evidence Herr Doktor is an anti-semite, a Islamist apologist, a blame-America firster, and a top-choice, grade A conspiracist nutball.

Keep on commenting

The way you’re going in this thread, you’ll be melting down like whats-his-name a few weeks ago.

catmman on January 2, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Alan “Low Life” Colmes

Conservative_Hippie on January 2, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Yeah, this is pretty awkward.

rubberneck on January 2, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Except that, uh..

Good Solid B-Plus on January 2, 2012 at 6:53 PM

That’s a great bunch of BS. Hope it works out for him. By the way…if he wasn’t saying blacks, then what was he saying?

rubberneck on January 2, 2012 at 7:16 PM