And the Obamateurism of the Year for 2011 is …

posted at 9:00 am on January 1, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

In the end, it wasn’t even close. The winning entry got more than twice as many votes as the runner-up, which was Barack Obama’s lament about being held to a higher standard for leadership on freedom than, er, communist China’s Hu Jintao. The winner got 55% of all votes cast in the poll, which surprised me — even though I knew when this came out that it would almost certainly win the coveted 2011 Obamateurism of the Year:

And now, a musical salute to our President that this award practically demands:

We’ll get started again tomorrow on OOTDs, some of which came over the two-week polling break, and as always, come from our dedicated OOTD research team — our readers. Thanks for a fun 2011, and we’ll look forward to more laughs in 2012!

Update: Or maybe this is a better musical tribute, thanks to OOTD reader John P:

Got an Obamateurism of the Day? If you see a foul-up by Barack Obama, e-mail it to me at [email protected] with the quote and the link to the Obamateurism. I’ll post the best Obamateurisms on a daily basis, depending on how many I receive. Include a link to your blog, and I’ll give some link love as well. And unlike Slate, I promise to end the feature when Barack Obama leaves office.

Comments

Excellent work on this all year, Ed.

Put this one in the books. I am confident that we are nearing the end of the OOTD/OOTW/OOTY feature. Hang in there for another year.

ted c on January 1, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Soon after Obama retires in a year, Ed will be able to also, with the proceeds from his complete collection of Obamateurisms – surely a best seller. Maybe a coffee table book with great photos as well? I’ve got a pretty good collection of Robert Gibbs photos – such a doofus himself.

Thanks, Ed. Happy new year.

Sowell Disciple on January 1, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Wouldn’t a musical salute from “The Four Tops” have been appropriate?

Shy Guy on January 1, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Happy New Year Ed,

It’s worth noting, you have done the work in collecting the Obamaism’s that everyone else ignores.

I seem to remember how popular Bushism’s were during his two terms.

I really don’t understand how Obama’s go unnoticed by the MSM? They sure are plentiful…you could make a nice coffee table book out of them Ed. It’s the American way, turn a turkey into a revenue stream :)

Dr Evil on January 1, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Ditto this! Thanks Ed and staff for all you do!
Evil is correct…and in about six more months…it will be a pretty thick book too.
I come to this site constantly during the day, and still try to read Drudge, and several newspapers, but I think I got “dumber” this year! (Example:)—I’ve been humming the Mac Davis song “Oh Lord it’s hard to be humble” while I am reading every comment…and I am having a lot of difficulty doing them both, at the same time!

KOOLAID2 on January 1, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Thanks, Ed, for all the work you do on this daily contribution to history but I, for one, cannot wait for the very last OOTD, which hopefully will be on the morning of January 20 or 21, 2013.

And, if we ever have a contest for the Obamateurism of his entire presidency, I predict that this year’s OOTY will be the one to beat.

Happy New Year to all.

TXUS on January 1, 2012 at 11:13 AM

P.S. BACK UP YOUR FILES!

Call me paranoid, but I wouldn’t put it past them, (this current administration and/or the DOJ), to cause an internet meltdown/virus that will virtually destroy every piece of information gathered on our hard-drives. And, of course, this malicious tool will be blamed on some foreign entity by the liberal media, who mysteriously were not effected by the virus. ANYONE can now purchase a full terabyte backup hard-drive for $119.00, (and two TB’s for under $200) leaving your PC protected from a potential information disaster—a small price to pay to preserve the historic events, (and Mr. Morrissey’s OOTD’s), that this administration has undertaken to undermine the masses.

(Now back to my regularly scheduled Ketel-One Bloody Mary)

Rovin on January 1, 2012 at 11:14 AM

It’s great to know my vote counted and no voter fraud, yaaayy!

oregano on January 1, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Rovin on January 1, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Just don’t copy the virus to your backup drive…

Akzed on January 1, 2012 at 11:22 AM

I follow her on Twitter. I don’t know if she started her New Year’s Eve celebrating early, or if she’s starting to panick at the prospect of Obama losing in November, but her tweets have been off the wall the past couple of days, almost to the point of being incoherent in some cases.

It’s amusing to watch.

Flora Duh on January 1, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Has Debbie-Downer EVER said anything coherent?

FuzzyJJE on January 1, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Yeah, it finally worked. Registered a long time ago but for some reason could never get it in.

Requested new password and it came through this time!!!

FuzzyJJE on January 1, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Great job all year Ed. Looking forward to another great year in 2012. If only we could have a separate category for Biden-isms. The list would be plentiful.

runner2300 on January 1, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Yes, some Obamateurisms truly are more equal than others. Let’s hope this year’s winner is tied to a concession speech …
ombdz on January 1, 2012 at 9:10 AM

From your keyboard to God’s monitor. If The Turd King is deposed, one wonders if — for the sake of symmetry — there will be an Office of the President Reject[ed]?

And to all: Merry New year!

The War Planner on January 1, 2012 at 11:40 AM

(Now back to my regularly scheduled Ketel-One Bloody Mary)

Rovin on January 1, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Did you bring enough to share with the class?

JetBoy on January 1, 2012 at 11:43 AM

3 down and hopefully only 1 more to go. Happy New Years and may it be a prosperous one to all.

chemman on January 1, 2012 at 11:49 AM

You know what’s nice about these Obamateurism of the year threads???
They are virtually Troll Free.

Ahhhh….

BigWyo on January 1, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Thanks, Ed. Happy new year.

Sowell Disciple on January 1, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Romney and the Republican establishment will work extra hard to ensure 4 more years of Obamateurisms.

ebrown2 on January 1, 2012 at 11:59 AM

A late “Congrats Hot Air!” (on picking a great OOTY). Good Mornin’ all! *draggin’ in* I was told there would be Bloody Marys…

Fallon on January 1, 2012 at 12:00 PM

I hope the forward of that coffee table book is written or quoted from this editorial I’ve seen floating around the internet. Supposedly it was in a Czech newspaper in 2010:

“The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their President. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president.”

monster_man on January 1, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Great video!!!

Dear POTUS.. Please stay in Havaii. We like you better when you’re gone.

Key West Reader on January 1, 2012 at 12:09 PM

ebrown2 on January 1, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Awwe, stop it. LOL!

Key West Reader on January 1, 2012 at 12:10 PM

You know what would be kind of cool, since I’m one of those knuckle dragging mouth breathing Americans…. Would be if we could have a re-play of the 2009 and 2010 OOTY’s.

Key West Reader on January 1, 2012 at 12:12 PM

“The One and Only” is the perfect song!! Fits “The One” to a tee…

Happy New Year to all……

Barred on January 1, 2012 at 12:15 PM

ebrown2 on January 1, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Perhaps. But I am thinking that this clown will continue to phone them in in absentia. Having wrested Carter’s Worst Ever POTUS mantle from the peanut picker’s cold, dead hands, he will begin a serious assault on that tragic old drooler’s Worst Ever Post-POTUS title.

No, good sirrah, we are not over this man any time soon.

The War Planner on January 1, 2012 at 12:15 PM

I can’t imagine my day without OOTD. Thanks, Ed. Although, I hope the reign of Dear Leader will end soon.

I have read every one of them but would still buy them in book form. Everyone needs to read these before they vote this year.

HellCat on January 1, 2012 at 12:17 PM

HellCat on January 1, 2012 at 12:17 PM

..these also need to be reserved so that future generations may know what we had to endure. Seriously, I get the feeling that my children and grand children (particularly the latter) when they reach the age of comprehension, will be amazed at how utterly incompetent this man was.

“Yer sh!ttin’ me!” comes to mind.

The War Planner on January 1, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Where in the World is…

Joe Biden?

Key West Reader on January 1, 2012 at 12:25 PM

reserved == preserved, of course.

The War Planner on January 1, 2012 at 12:26 PM

“Yer sh!ttin’ me!” comes to mind.

The War Planner on January 1, 2012 at 12:25 PM

We’ve got a teenager…. We keep telling the teen that these are the Obama Years and they will be gone soon.

I hope I’m right.

Key West Reader on January 1, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Why Obama got elected. Not how… WHY he got elected

Heh

Key West Reader on January 1, 2012 at 12:30 PM

More Steve

LOL

Key West Reader on January 1, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Where in the World is…

Joe Biden?

Key West Reader on January 1, 2012 at 12:25 PM

We were talking about “a book” with JugEar’s sayings…
Bite Me, would set up a whole new industry again…like those folks that used to go door to door, selling a set of Encyclopedias!

KOOLAID2 on January 1, 2012 at 12:36 PM

OT/

And so it begins… The proud French tradition of Muzzies burning cars comes to our shores.

stefanite on January 1, 2012 at 12:41 PM

You mean he isn’t? NBC told me he was????

acyl72 on January 1, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Ya’ gotta give Obama props for dropping the winner in our laps, making the correct answer an easy one. Normally, picking the OOTW is a hand-wringing, nerve-racking ordeal of final-exam proportions. That it’s a multiple-choice “exam” doesn’t make it any easier with the cornucopia of gaffes, stumbles, mutterings and jaw-dropping arrogance mixed with the vacations and golf outings Obama serves up like a buffet at a cheap Chinese restaurant.

tpitman on January 1, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Looking forward to the ROTD, or the POTD (either one), or the GOTD, or the SOTD, as long as Obama is Out Of The [email protected] office!

Kraken on January 1, 2012 at 12:47 PM

OT/

stefanite on January 1, 2012 at 12:41 PM

This film brought to you by Gubmint Motors, Inc.

Key West Reader on January 1, 2012 at 12:49 PM

2008

Key West Reader on January 1, 2012 at 12:52 PM

2013: Obama, best ex-president evah!

profitsbeard on January 1, 2012 at 12:53 PM

And now, a word from Reagan

Key West Reader on January 1, 2012 at 1:13 PM

ted c on January 1, 2012 at 11:03 AM

I wish I shared everyone’s optimism about this year’s elections but I’m feeling somewhat pessimistic this New Year’s Day. Maybe it’s because I’m in the Peoples Rebublik of Portland and surrounded by morons already slapping Obama 2012 bumper stickers on their Priuses and Leafs.

I do agree the Obamateurisms collected so far would make a great book, released about 6-8 weeks prior to November 2012! How else are “regular” people who are only exposed to the LSM going to learn the truth?

kmid219 on January 1, 2012 at 1:16 PM

The really sad part of Ed’s OotD effort is that it’s so easy. It’s not like he had to spend hours scouring wire reports and speeches to cobble together some out of context doofus comment every day for the last 3 years, oh, no. Way too easy.

Bob's Kid on January 1, 2012 at 1:17 PM

And the count down is on!! 12 months and 20 days until the White House can be rid of the Obumbler!! Tick-Tock…Tick-Tock!!

Tbone McGraw on January 1, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Thanks Mr. President for a great Republican campaign ad!

hepcat on January 1, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Thanks, Ed. Happy new year.

Sowell Disciple on January 1, 2012 at 11:09 AM

such a perfect comment, in a few lines it has everything from delusions of grandeur and the unintentional revelation of a creepy obsession, to picking a nick that adulates a third-rate intellect, it’s just great, man.

sesquipedalian on January 1, 2012 at 1:33 PM

sesquipedalian on January 1, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Racist.

Fallon on January 1, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Oh please

Nevah gonna happen again.

/So says the Black Church.

Key West Reader on January 1, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Thanks to Barak Obama, THE MAYAN APOCALYPSE HAS STARTED IN EGYPT.

Mutnodjmet on January 1, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Great job Ed! Outstanding effort on this topic.

FireBlogger on January 1, 2012 at 2:35 PM

I think the clear winner for President Obama’s Theme Song should be:

Narcisistic Cannibal

By Korn.

Varchild on January 1, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Not for nothing but I haven’t seem any speculation on what our Kenyan Communist Muslim-In-Chief will be doing as of mid-January 2013.

Community Organizer?
Chairman of CAIR?
Jimmy Carter’s bitch at Habitat For Hamas?
The terrorist criminal Bill Ayers writing his memoirs, “Kill Capitalists”?

C’mon folks, pile on!

Happy New Year & Best Wishes for prosperity, good health & great success to all American patriot capitalists!

Catch-All

CatchAll on January 1, 2012 at 3:04 PM

Not for nothing, but I haven’t seen any speculation on what our Kenyan Communist Muslim-In-Chief will be doing come mid-January 2013……

-Community Organizer?
-Bill Ayers writing his memoirs entitled “Kill Capitalists”?
-Jimmy Carter’s bee-yotch at Habitat For Hamas?
-Spokesman for NLGBT Natl Gay Lesbian Bisexual Transgendered “victims”?
-chief negotiator for Iran at the UN?
-President of Pew Environment Group?

The list can be endless. A target-rich environment for the far-left unemployed jobseeker. C’mon folks, pile on!

Happy New Year & Best Wishes to all American patriot capitalists for a prosperous and successful 2012.

Catch-All

CatchAll on January 1, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Wow, imagine how stupid it would have been if he had invaded the wrong country and squandered $1 Trillion!

Happy New Year and Mission Accomplished!

KeninCT on January 1, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Was that a tingle running up my leg?

mkenorthshore on January 1, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Deserving entry. That guy— what’s his name — Lincoln.. Right…. Turning in his grave

antisocial on January 1, 2012 at 4:15 PM

The OOTD list can, and should be, used by the GOP for anti-Obama ads this year.

I should also ride first class on the shuttle the Space Resort on Saturn.

Both have about the same chance this year.

BobMbx on January 1, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Thanks for a fun 2011, and we’ll look forward to more laughs cries in 2012!

Fify, Ed :)

Also, this song, for our ‘Jesus’.

Schadenfreude on January 1, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Well, Bill Maher didn’t seem to think Obama’s claim of being the 4th best President was worth joking about. From a review of Maher’s show last night in Waikiki:
“The Democrats took a small part of Maher’s criticism, but jokes about President Barack Obama and the Dems seemed more out of pity than true venom.”
I have no pity for this band of Chicago Thugs that rode Rainbow Unicorns Hopey and Changey into the White House.
And as for Obama’s Obamateurism of the Year for 2011,
“The Great and Powerful ZerOz has spoken!”

IslandLibertarian on January 1, 2012 at 5:42 PM

” The time for honoring yourself will soon be at an end. ”

Maximus Decimus Meridius

Tenwheeler on January 1, 2012 at 6:08 PM

Thanks for an enlightening year Ed, AP an Tina. Great site!

Red State State of Mind on January 1, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Hmm, 4th LOSER it is then….

44Magnum on January 1, 2012 at 8:31 PM

sesquipedalian on January 1, 2012 at 1: 33 PM

does your mother know you are stupid?

tom daschle concerned on January 2, 2012 at 12:02 AM

sesquipedalian on January 1, 2012 at 1:33 PM

So tell me, Junior, just what would you give the award for sesquipedalianism of the year to? Grand Wizard doesn’t mean what Grand Wizard means because I linked to a self published childrens book, ranked #2,500,000 on the Amazon best seller list?

MNHawk on January 2, 2012 at 7:15 AM

kmid219 on January 1, 2012

1000+
A major money-maker and an instructive compilation of facts (ignored by the MSM), looking into the evil, half-wit ruining this country.

~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on January 2, 2012 at 12:10 PM

As a Clinton supporter in 2008 I was baffled as to where Obama supporters got the idea that he was smooth, hip, cool or even above average in intelligence.

myiq2xu on January 2, 2012 at 1:31 PM

WISH LIST OF 2012 BLOG POST TITLES.

Mutnodjmet on January 2, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Ed, Allah, and you too Tina, thank you for all the work you do keeping us informed. It’s sites likes yours that have allowed me to mentally survive what is for sure the worst president since Buchanan, if not the absolute worst POTUS of all time.

I don’t think we’ve ever seen such disastrous foreign policy or widespread financial fraud either inside or outside of government. Obama’s claims reek of megalomania. We’re fortunate that things aren’t worse than they are. For that you should thank previous presidents who gave Obama an inheritance to squander.

Let’s hope that this the last year we have the ONE as POTUS. Thanks again and best wishes for 2012.

Gladtobehere on January 2, 2012 at 3:44 PM