Poll: What was the Obamateurism of the Year?

posted at 8:15 am on December 31, 2011 by Ed Morrissey

And so it all comes down to four Obamateurisms — the most memorable and significant of all the gaffes celebrated in this feature throughout 2011. In 2010, readers selected Barack Obama’s decision to abandon the Briefing Room podium to Bill Clinton at a press conference as the Obamateurism of the Year; in 2009, the winner was the two minutes of shout-outs from the podium from Obama before he got to the reason for the presser — which was the massacre of 14 people at Fort Hood in a lone-wolf, home-grown terrorist attack.  Which of our four finalists will join these golden moments in presidential facepalming?

I don’t envy readers their decision today.  In order to keep you all in suspense, the poll won’t display the results after voting, so the only way to find out which of these won will be to check out the results tomorrow!

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Best Prez evah!!!11!!!

JimK on December 31, 2011 at 8:20 AM

I’d put money on #3 winning, but I chose #1 because I think it defines his presidency. Yeah, he’s super-arrogant, but he also honestly thinks he’s above criticism. He wishes he was emperor, and he’s not shy about it.

Good Solid B-Plus on December 31, 2011 at 8:26 AM

Tough choices. I went with “all right choices” remark. He’s flat out lying. Shocking!

50sGuy on December 31, 2011 at 8:26 AM

Yeah, aren’t we the lucky ones!

predator on December 31, 2011 at 8:27 AM

Sigh…niether of my two favorites…the toast to the queen and the gift ipod with his speeches…didn’t make the final cut.

Tomolena1 on December 31, 2011 at 8:27 AM

Voted for the last one. President Obama, A democrat, has done more to destroy economic liberty, wealth, opportunity, class mobility, and the morale of the productive class of America than any other leader, foreign or domestic.

Simply put, he is a SCoaMF, a horrible human being, and wrong for America.

tom daschle concerned on December 31, 2011 at 8:27 AM

It would be appropriate to have a 5th selection and label it “All of the Above”.

Calamity Jane on December 31, 2011 at 8:27 AM

Better than all the rest.

/blah

Key West Reader on December 31, 2011 at 8:28 AM

Claims he’s made “all right choices” on economy, adviser disagrees

Because the next election like the last was about the U.S. economy.

“It’s the economy stupid”

Dr Evil on December 31, 2011 at 8:28 AM

A HA! The old hidden results ploy!
I nominate “We’re number four!” right behind Johnson, F.D.R., and Lincoln although with a year to go and plenty of chutzpah Ø may be able to overtake them and become, you know, number one (which is not a stream from your urethra, or maybe it is…).

ExpressoBold on December 31, 2011 at 8:29 AM

Had to go with #3.
Like Obama its a no brainer :)

philly_PA on December 31, 2011 at 8:29 AM

I went with #2–shows how little sincerity is in play with him when honoring those who serve.

predator on December 31, 2011 at 8:29 AM

It’s got to be best Prez eveh. It shows just how out of touch he is and that those HUGE ears are made of tin. This guy is so full of $h1t his eyes are……wait………never mind.

JohnnyMojo on December 31, 2011 at 8:30 AM

Nothing chaps my a$$ more than a non-military serving, arrogant SCOAMF dishonoring one of our nations true heroes. That should be an impeachable offense.

JimboHoffa on December 31, 2011 at 8:31 AM

Somehow I got through the year and still just got that he said Tahrir Square instead of Tienanmen Square. It shows how I have had to tune the “one-man-distraction” out. The jackass not only wants to be a dictator, he doesn’t know East from West. Is there a position below absolute stupid?

ironked on December 31, 2011 at 8:31 AM

He has made all the “right choices” if he wants to destroy the country. Right or wrong depends on your goal.

Kaffa on December 31, 2011 at 8:32 AM

I chose number 3 because the sociopathic, narcissistic, self-involved man-child actually believes the drivel that spews forth from his gaping, insatiable maw.

Obama is a SCOAMF

My Sharia Moor on December 31, 2011 at 8:32 AM

He’s like, you know the best ever. I mean like if Washington and Jefferson were alive today, they would, you know like cower in his presence. We should be be grateful that we lived in the age of Obama!

Taco Bob on December 31, 2011 at 8:35 AM

Best President ever.

antisocial on December 31, 2011 at 8:38 AM

He’s the greatest of all time! **Hock…Ptui!**

kingsjester on December 31, 2011 at 8:38 AM

First president to have his picture on the back of a postage stamp.

Limerick on December 31, 2011 at 8:40 AM

. Is there a position below absolute stupid?

ironked on December 31, 2011 at 8:31 AM

There is now…….it currently resides in the WH.

herm2416 on December 31, 2011 at 8:41 AM

Out of all the boneheaded statements B.O. mumbled this year, this is the one that is going to come back to haunt him big time come Election Day 2012. The Republicans should make it a point to bring up this one statement over and over again, clear up to November.

pilamaye on December 31, 2011 at 8:43 AM

My Sharia Moor on December 31, 2011 at 8:32 AM

What you said. I cannot begin to tell you how much this SCOAMF disgusts me, but I think you pretty well nailed it.
Number 3 shows best what a piss wad this man child really is.

rightoption on December 31, 2011 at 8:44 AM

Answer 3“I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president — with the possible exceptions of Johnson, F.D.R., and Lincoln.”

Claims he’s made “all right choices” on economy, adviser disagrees.

These last two could easily be combined into one since Obama’s legislative accomplishments were “all right wrong choices” for this nation. By his own words, Obama is a one term President.

Rovin on December 31, 2011 at 8:44 AM

Obama telling people it would be easier to be President of China because “No one is scrutinizing Hu Jintao’s words in Tahrir Square.”

Places himself squarely in solidarity with the leader of a Communist regime, curiously forgetting all about the lack of freedoms in China, freedoms that he is supposed to be championing as the President. Never mind the fact that it is unbecoming of the leader of the free world to be whining – especially considering the grandeur that surrounds the office.

Identifies wrong soldier as non-posthumous MoH recipient

A sad testimony, indeed, from the Teleprompter Jesus. One would think that as the Commander-in-Chief of the greatest military force the world has ever seen (never mind the fact that he would never last a week in boot camp himself) that he would take time away from playing golf to aquaint himself with the name of a man who served in nation so valiently that he was awarded the MOH.

I think that Bill Clinton put it best when he said in reference to Obama that a couple of years ago, he would have been getting them coffee. He not only is not worthy of comparison to LBJ, FDR, or Lincoln, he is not worthy of comparison to Filmore, or Polk or Pierce… I wouldn’t even put him on par with Jefferson Davis! Or even Carter. At least Carter served his country, earned his governorship and won the White House fair and square. You can’t say that about Obama.

Claims he’s made “all right choices” on economy, adviser disagrees

I am sure that by now, anyone who reads these pages has seen the eleven economic charts that will make you soil your undergarments. There is no economic measure that will show that Obama has improved our economy in any way. In fact, his measures have done real and lasting existential damage to our economy. I am quite convinced that if these measures had been implemented upon an economic engine other than that of the United States, they would have caused complete collapse long ago. I think that it is remarkable testimony to the tenacity and work ethic of “Joe Six Pack” that gets up each day and works his ass off to put food on his table in spite of the nonsense coming out of Washington.

I know that Ed is trying to put a humorous spin on our troubles so that we can have a chuckle about our circumstances and I appreciate that.

But I cannot feel that all of what Obama is doing is not out of amateurism. It is utter malice. He know exactly what he is doing – destroying our Republic. He loathes its very existence, its founding principles and the good people of this nation that love it with all their being.

I hope and pray that 2012 is the last year we have to listen to this man braying.

Our nation hangs in the balance in a way that it has not since 1860.

turfmann on December 31, 2011 at 8:45 AM

Please excuse my ignorance. I’m late for the conversation, but what does SCoaMF mean? I am sure it is descriptive of barry sotoero.

hardrowtohoe on December 31, 2011 at 8:51 AM

President Hubris, right up there with Stalin FDR, Mao Johnson and Castro Lincoln…. heckofaguy I tells ya.

NY Conservative on December 31, 2011 at 8:52 AM

I chose #1 because not only is it ignorant and stupid and typical of Obama (but I repeat myself), but it is also similar to a Freudian slip in accidentally letting you know what he actually thinks. However, I liked all of the choices, and I just noticed in the FDR quote that he said with “the POSSIBLE exception”, so he is leaving room for the belief that he is actually better than those 3. Breathtaking.

txmomof6 on December 31, 2011 at 8:52 AM

Fourth best evah!!!!!!!!!!!!
Forty second best evah!!!!!!!! Sounds about right!!!!!!!!!!

angrymike on December 31, 2011 at 8:53 AM

hardrowtohoe on December 31, 2011 at 8:51 AM

Stuttering
Clusterfark
of
a
Miserable
Failure

NY Conservative on December 31, 2011 at 8:53 AM

all of them were good…I went with The Best President Evah!!!

Just plain arrogant.

Thanks for doing these Ed.

CoffeeLover on December 31, 2011 at 8:53 AM

Obamateurism

May 2012 bring us, along with each weekday’s Obamateurism, new columns by Ed highlighting the Husseindolence of the Day & the Barackorruption of the Day.
You wouldn’t run out of material, Ed!

itsnotaboutme on December 31, 2011 at 8:53 AM

hardrowtohoe on December 31, 2011 at 8:51 AM

Stuttering cluster**** of a miserable failure.

Via Ace of Spades HQ

turfmann on December 31, 2011 at 8:54 AM

turfmann on December 31, 2011 at 8:45 AM

Well said turfmann….Bravo!

Rovin on December 31, 2011 at 8:55 AM

turfmann on December 31, 2011 at 8:45 AM

This seems to be the overriding sentiment in my neck of the woods.

Taco Bob on December 31, 2011 at 8:56 AM

Our glorious, historic Dear Leader. The Ju Jintao wannabe.

hoofhearted on December 31, 2011 at 8:57 AM

The worst thing about America is…….
There’s still ppl who worship this idiot!!!!!!!!

angrymike on December 31, 2011 at 8:59 AM

Thank you NY Conservative and Turfman. Describes barry perfectly! I’ll try to keep up, but you all are quick.

hardrowtohoe on December 31, 2011 at 9:00 AM

Tough choices. Went with #1. When everyone agrees with Obama, we all see how awesome he is! Who cares if he can’t get the Tianamen/Tahir name right, he’s …..awesome!!! ///

conservative pilgrim on December 31, 2011 at 9:01 AM

Stuttering cluster**** of a miserable failure.

Via Ace of Spades HQ

turfmann on December 31, 2011

Stuttering
Clusterfark
of
a
Miserable
Failure

NY Conservative on December 31, 2011 at 8:53 AM

at 8:54 AM

It just rolls off the tongue, doesn’t it?

JimboHoffa on December 31, 2011 at 9:03 AM

NY conservative
But,but,but, he’s a good family man……….

angrymike on December 31, 2011 at 9:03 AM

It’s gotta be that “foreign policy” expertise thingy.
I mean it has everything:

Narcissism
Incompetence
Ignorance
Lack of historical perspective … AND -
Helping to establish a Caliphate across North Africa is downright antithetical to American values, and IMHO, sinful.

Could a POTUS be more out of touch with reality?
I want my country back!

~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on December 31, 2011 at 9:04 AM

I heard that Hubert Horatio Helen Huntsman is returning to his position as Ambassador to China. His office will be in the new embassy in Tahrir Square.

Flora Duh on December 31, 2011 at 9:06 AM

SCoaMF…..the 4th best ever…….

t on December 31, 2011 at 9:06 AM

Had to go with #1. Just because it is scarier.

csdeven on December 31, 2011 at 9:10 AM

I picked easier to be president of china…“No one is scrutinizing Hu Jintao’s words in Tahrir Square.”

turfmann on December 31, 2011 at 8:45 AM

Yes, the problem is educating the sheep.

tinkerthinker on December 31, 2011 at 9:11 AM

There’s still ppl who worship this idiot!!!!!!!!

angrymike on December 31, 2011 at 8:59 AM

Frightening to think they live among us, isn’t it?

Flora Duh on December 31, 2011 at 9:12 AM

While I would like to say “All of the Above”, that would be too easy. I had to go with #1 because it seems to epitomize Obama’s amateurism: his lack of interest in details such as what ‘square’ is in China, his thin skin, and most of all, his desire to dictate rather than govern.

mathgal60 on December 31, 2011 at 9:14 AM

Went with #1; it’s so in line with this a$$clown’s “if y’all would just lissen to me” approach to governing.

SteveInRTP on December 31, 2011 at 9:15 AM

Any and all could be the winner..or, more accurately, the loser. I am loath to say that, even Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter didn’t warrant my total disdain when they were in office. This guy is a loser and totally unqualified to be president. It’s as if the boss retired and left his 32 year-old son in charge of the company. He doesn’t have a clue.

Jarhead68 on December 31, 2011 at 9:18 AM

Is there a position below absolute stupid?

Ooooh! Ooooh! I know…

OWS?
Pelosi?
Ob-upid??

askwhatif on December 31, 2011 at 9:23 AM

I’ll take “It’d be easier to be president in China” for $1000, Ed.

First, a man who would wistfully pine to wield control over the voices of a citizenry so as to crush dissent because he’s such a thin skinned priss to suffer any type of criticism is a man who is unworthy to wield any authority to begin with.

Second, the concept of ease in a man’s work is one that Mr. Obama has absolutely a perverted concept of. A man is no leader who seeks ease in his profession. If this man spends time seeking the path of least resistance in his job as a means to lessen his burden, then we’ll gladly throw his ass out of office to satisfy that craving. A true leader and “worker” in the truest sense of the word seeks to excel in his profession despite his circumstances, travails, and challenges.

Third, I agree with Mr. Obama. Dictatorial forms of government are easier—for the dictator. They’re hell on the rest of us. Our constitutional republic was set up for this very reason, it should be hard for men to wield power over others and established a divided government, of the people, by the people, and for the people.

/rant off/ coffee on/

ted c on December 31, 2011 at 9:24 AM

If you can’t even get a soldier’s name correct, does anything else even matter?

Odysseus on December 31, 2011 at 9:28 AM

Our nation hangs in the balance in a way that it has not since 1860.

turfmann on December 31, 2011 at 8:45 AM

QFT.

TXUS on December 31, 2011 at 9:29 AM

Obamateurism of the year? How about every single **** day of his presidency. The only thing he’s succeeded at is making Jimmy Carter look good.

Went with at least 4th best ever. Not even close chump.

rbj on December 31, 2011 at 9:31 AM

All are worthy but I just had to go with the MOH recipient name FUBAR. The only area where he has had any semblance of success and can’t be bothered to get it right when one of the bravest is right in front of him. I guess you could say I’m a niche voter.

Cindy Munford on December 31, 2011 at 9:31 AM

Yes, Obama is the Fourth Best President. I know this because I coined that line in my video on 12/13 and the rest is history.

Yes me, moi, your tireless videographer Granny Jan and Jihad Kitty.

I’m the fourth best president in American history ~ Barack Obama

No Niks on December 31, 2011 at 9:32 AM

I guess you could say I’m a niche voter.

Cindy Munford on December 31, 2011 at 9:31 AM

ted c on December 31, 2011 at 9:32 AM

Too bad the one about scaring old people by not sending their SS checks didn’t make it. We’ll be hearing that one again in a couple of months when they start fighting over raising the debt ceiling since it worked so well before.
I’d like to nominate the first one for next year even tho he just said it this week. “I miss Reggie”.

Kissmygrits on December 31, 2011 at 9:33 AM

The China comment, by a country mile.

It encapsulates his whole presidency – he longs to be a dictator like Hu.

I still don’t get all the people who are voting for the “4th-best-president” one:

He HAS done more than almost every president – in every facet, he has made anti-American decisions. But he HAS had a huge impact, and that cannot be denied.

Just because we don’t like the direction of his change, doesn’t mean he hasn’t been very successful with his agenda.

It’s a feature, folks, not a bug….

cane_loader on December 31, 2011 at 9:36 AM

Still voting for the MoH screw up. For some very strange reason it still seriously offends me…

CorporatePiggy on December 31, 2011 at 9:37 AM

He’s not saying he’s the fourth best president!

He’s saying he’s the 4th best in terms of getting things DONE.

And he has. Just negative things. That’s not an 0bamateurism.

cane_loader on December 31, 2011 at 9:37 AM

cane_loader on December 31, 2011 at 9:38 AM

CorporatePiggy on December 31, 2011 at 9:37 AM

Yeah, offensive, but it’s still a simple error that could have happpened even to Reagan.

It doesn’t reveal his inner mindset, as his rumination about having the same power as Hu does.

cane_loader on December 31, 2011 at 9:40 AM

I guess I’m lobbying here….

The Hu comment is in its own league, IMO.

cane_loader on December 31, 2011 at 9:42 AM

that’s why I voted for the 4th best president evah!

katablog.com on December 31, 2011 at 9:43 AM

I went with #3… Such blinding arrogance. “O would some power the gift to give us to see ourselves as others see us.”–Robert Burns

aknews on December 31, 2011 at 9:43 AM

btw, he could have claimed BEST and I’d not disagree if the ranking had been most destructive.

katablog.com on December 31, 2011 at 9:43 AM

For some very strange reason it still seriously offends me…

not strange at all. It is super offensive.

katablog.com on December 31, 2011 at 9:45 AM

If Obama had been the leader of a foreign country that had invaded the US he still could not have done more to destroy the economy. And he remains clueless about the results.

On second thought, he has allowed Mexico to invade the US unchallenged and it has already destroyed the economies of several states.

Yoop on December 31, 2011 at 9:46 AM

I’m sure glad we have a president who has made all the right choices when it comes to economic policies. Why, he made 55 million of at Solyndra alone!

scalleywag on December 31, 2011 at 9:49 AM

“I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president — with the possible exceptions of Johnson, F.D.R., and Lincoln,” Obama told Steve Kroft, “just in terms of what we’ve gotten done in modern history.”

Ed, why do you keep putting the word, “best,” in 0bama’s mouth?

He didn’t say that – he said he got the 4th-most DONE.

That’s a whole different thing. People misquoting 0bama are skewing this poll, and you know how I love statistics…. :-(

cane_loader on December 31, 2011 at 9:51 AM

Went with at least 4th best ever. Not even close chump.

rbj on December 31, 2011 at 9:31 AM

He didn’t say that.

cane_loader on December 31, 2011 at 9:52 AM

Tough choice between #1 and #2.Had to go with MoH gaffe because it shows his utter stupidity.SCOAMF does not go far enough to describe this despicable bastid.

jeffinsjvca on December 31, 2011 at 9:56 AM

He’s not saying he’s the fourth best president, (just) in terms of getting things DONE…That’s not an 0bamateurism.
cane_loader on December 31, 2011 at 9:38 AM

Ah, but it is. So much of his Obamaturismness arises out his effortless narcissism, and this one best captures that for me.

eeyore on December 31, 2011 at 9:57 AM

if Ed is using “best president ever” and Obama didn’t really say it, well, maybe Ed is just channeling Obama’s inner Kanye West at the Grammy’s.

ted c on December 31, 2011 at 9:57 AM

Hu?

Philly on December 31, 2011 at 10:01 AM

Went with dictator/communist and his giddiness surrounding the comment, the wishfullness, the deep longing for it to be so. What do I care about his stupid narcissism when it’s all about fundamentally transforming America into a socialist hell hole where the elites rule over their supposed lessors in perpetuity?

vityas on December 31, 2011 at 10:01 AM

Taco Bob on December 31, 2011 at 8:35 AM

Meghan McCain was quoted saying…….^^^^^^^

IowaWoman on December 31, 2011 at 10:02 AM

I vote for all of them. They’re all the right choices!

Finbar on December 31, 2011 at 10:03 AM

After this year’s reveal, why don’t we poll our favorite annual winner amongst the 3 from 2009/10/11? Something maybe for a slow holiday tomorrow? We already know the 2012 winner will be some remark he makes after the Repo man comes to 1600 Pa. Ave…

hillsoftx on December 31, 2011 at 10:05 AM

Had to go with the MoH as it was an unpardonable show of disrespect not only to the deceased brave recipient Obama mis-identified as receiving the honor while alive, Jared Monti, but to his entire family and the other brave soldiers with whom he served. To fail to remember that he actually presented the medal to Monti’s parents and comforted them afterwards in the Oval Office was not merely a memory lapse but a complete disregard of one of the most solemn duties that any President can have.

This OOTD was by far the saddest of the entire year, thus the one I most remembered.

TXUS on December 31, 2011 at 10:05 AM

Numero Uno!

annoyinglittletwerp on December 31, 2011 at 10:10 AM

He didn’t say that.

cane_loader on December 31, 2011 at 9:52 AM

If I say “I’d put car and my record up against any driver in racing history with the possible exception of Hometoast, Dingle and Berry”. Then am I not saying I believe, at minimum, I’m the 4th best driver ever? So…

Taco Bob on December 31, 2011 at 10:13 AM

I think 1,3 and 4 could compete for Obama delusion of the year because he really believes this stuff. However, I had to choose wrongly identifying the MoH recipient which represents the very definition of rank amateurism and dereliction of duty.

saspepper on December 31, 2011 at 10:13 AM

Taco Bob on December 31, 2011 at 10:13 AM

He’s saying he got the 4th-most done. And he’s probably pretty accurate – though it’s in the negative direction. So, due to the fact that he’s pretty accurate, instead of screwing up, I don’t rate it as an 0bamateurism.

cane_loader on December 31, 2011 at 10:17 AM

#3 all day!

lisa fox on December 31, 2011 at 10:17 AM

When The Won gets served his eviction notice and leaves office will there be a Grand Obamateurism for his entire term?

Oldnuke on December 31, 2011 at 10:22 AM

4th best President……..because YOU KNOW he’s trying to be modest for the question.

In his mind he probably thinks he’s the BEST.

OBAMA 2012……..OBAMA 2016……OBAMA 2020……..OBAMA 2024……he’s just that good.

PappyD61 on December 31, 2011 at 10:24 AM

cane_loader on December 31, 2011 at 9:40 AM

Did you type that with a straight face?
Forgetting the name of the very person he is currently speaking about is rank amateurish and his Hu bit was just plain wish-casting.

Rio Linda Refugee on December 31, 2011 at 10:27 AM

“the POSSIBLE exceptions…….”

PappyD61 on December 31, 2011 at 10:27 AM

Went with diktator-4-lif (sic). Just because its off-the-cuff moments like this, like clinging to guns ‘n’ religion, where we truly see the man behind the curtain, and it scares the hell out of me.

italianguy626 on December 31, 2011 at 10:31 AM

Got to go with #1. He’d be thrilled if America was like China and he was dictator.

gophergirl on December 31, 2011 at 10:33 AM

cane_loader on December 31, 2011 at 10:17 AM

If you think this is the case, then why would CBS, an Obama cheerleader, not leave it in what aired on television? You’d think they would want to hail that statement wouldn’t you? No, it wasn’t aired because it would be perceived as arrogant and exactly how it is perceived here, “I’m the 4th best President ever”.

Taco Bob on December 31, 2011 at 10:35 AM

Kissmygrits on December 31, 2011 at 9:33 AM

There won’t be any fight on that one. Congress surrendered to the executive on it with the split increase and authorization of a veto to override any disapproval they do.

chemman on December 31, 2011 at 10:50 AM

hillsoftx on December 31, 2011

Excellent suggestion!
And this year, er, tomorrow, we can begin to sum up the one-and-done ØbaMaØ presidency. Jebus … It’s embarrassing even thinking this incompetent street organizer (think: “Rev.” Al Sharpton) would be around for another four years.
Get your shíite together, GOP. And I don’t mean Mittens.

Perry / Bolton 2012
(economy, jobs, the military and foreign policy gurus)

~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on December 31, 2011 at 10:51 AM

So in other words, he’s the fourth most destructive president in history?

Yeah, I can see that. Although, I’d rank him right up there at the top.

cane_loader on December 31, 2011 at 10:17 AM

Go sell crazy somewhere else – we have enough on our plates with the SCOAMF.

My Sharia Moor on December 31, 2011 at 10:51 AM

TXUS on December 31, 2011 at 10:05 AM

+1000

chewmeister on December 31, 2011 at 10:57 AM

My Sharia Moor on December 31, 2011

Very creative, Stevie. Nice to see you again.
(grin)

My Cherie Amour:

♫♪ La la la la la la
La la la la la la
♫♪

That’s Barry, always with a song in his heart.
Now, if someone would only translate it for us.
Never Mind