Romney’s sons: Our dad is a total cheapskate who’d teach Congress to cut costs, too

posted at 6:05 pm on December 30, 2011 by Tina Korbe

It was Peggy Noonan who suggested that, especially during difficult economic times, voters look for a father figure, which Barack Obama decidedly is not. (He’s the “bright, lost older brother,” she wrote.) Noonan thought Romney just might be the GOP candidate who most evokes the father figures in 1950s and 1960s sitcoms that, in her words, “terrorized and comforted a generation of children from non-functioning families.”

If Romney managed to convey that impression even before his sons started to stump for him, then their presence on the campaign trail can only enhance the image of Romney as a wise, stable head-of-the-household — because, unlike Huntsman’s daughters, Romney’s sons are not snarky or silly, but down-to-earth, sincere and relatable. Yesterday, four of the five Romney sons (the fifth was absent only because he’s in the midst of his medical residency) met with Republican voters at a coffee shop in New Hampshire. What they had to say about their father was fresh and encouraging. Reuters reports:

The boys stuck mostly to the campaign playbook of emphasizing the candidate’s record as a businessman, having rescued the 2002 Salt Lake City Olympics and run the neighboring state of Massachusetts as governor.

But they also gave a glimpse of their father’s personal values.

“My dad has more energy than anyone I’ve ever seen,” Josh Romney said. “He is also tremendously cheap.”

As children in Belmont, Massachusetts, the boys said they learned not to leave the tap water running too long, or they would get a rebuke from their father, who was in the process of building the venture capital powerhouse Bain Capital.

“Congress would learn pretty quickly that they’re not going to get money from my dad either,” Josh Romney said. …

“My dad’s image couldn’t be further from the truth,” said Matt Romney, 40, who works at a real estate investment trust in San Diego. “If you see him in other settings, he’s the most fun guy out there. He’s always joking around.”

It’s undoubtedly a sign of my wide-eyed optimism that I often fall for campaign gimmicks — from Herman Cain singing “Impossible Dream” to Jon Huntsman’s vamping at the keyboards to this — but it does seem to me that Romney’s case that, as a person at least, he has lived consistently and conservatively continues to acquire greater credibility. I first began to follow Josh Romney on Twitter when somebody retweeted a tweet of his that included a picture of his dad and mom sitting in a couple of hotel armchairs in advance of a GOP debate. When I looked at the picture, I felt an overpowering sense of comfort. Here was a familiar scene. How many times — in advance of some event — has my dad, in button-down shirt and jeans (which happened to be what Romney was wearing in the picture), sat across from mom in a little hotel sitting area, talking about this or that idea? Does any of this make Mitt Romney politically other than he has always been? Of course not. But his sons’ presence on the trail reminds me that we have and could do worse than to nominate him or any of this year’s supposedly “weak” GOP candidates.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5

Bain’s strategy does not require any rare skills…they are vultures, not managers or builders of businesses. They are merely spreadsheet freaks that go in and pillage businesses so that a few investors and some senior execs can feast on the carcass while the business dies.

Give me a break, “rare set of analytic skills” my ass

georgealbert on December 31, 2011 at 9:56 AM

I presume that most people here favor capitalism. A virtue of capitalism is that it lets failing businesses fail to make room for new better businesses. What you call “pillaging” is in fact taking the resources of a failed business and putting them to a productive use.

thuja on December 31, 2011 at 10:09 AM

They live in a different universe, not that it’s bad but hearing them talk about running water isn’t particularly impressive.

Rose on December 30, 2011 at 6:16 PM

Engaging in class warfare are you? All of Romney’s sons are very impressive. Yes, they have had advantages, but they took them and ran with it. So did Mitt. Plenty of other spoiled apples out there.

rubberneck on December 31, 2011 at 10:09 AM

wow 6 sons and not one military experience. This is just outrageous!
Although I never went to the military two of my brothers were in the military and my cousin was also in the airforce. I had to be close to my mom because of her health issues or I might have considered the military. Since I had to pay my own college education from my pocket.

liberal4life on December 31, 2011 at 10:10 AM

If liberals snear that neither Romney nor his kids have served in the military, the proper response is, “Oh? You think that is signigicant in determining who to vote for? Then I trust in ’08 you cast your ballot for Senator McCain.”

radjah shelduck on December 31, 2011 at 10:14 AM

I see the Romneycare rump lickers never discuss what he did in his one turn in elected office. Let’s see what the Rino, empty suit did;

*Designed the biggest HC mandate in Ma. history. Obama used his model/advisors to craft that sociolism for the US.
*He raised the gas/cigarette taxes
*He was 47th out of 50 states in job creation
*He appointed more liberal judges than any gov. in ma. history
*His budgets went up/his deficits went up
*He appointed his pals to political positions

In short, Romneycare will be the worst GOP nominee in US history. he will drive the conservatives to form their own party.

The establishment will get what they want but at what cost!!!

Danielvito on December 31, 2011 at 10:15 AM

The RINOS shriek that we are all insignificant, and don’t deserve any representation. God knows I have collected well over 100 examples of this in less than 2 weeks.

We will see who is right come November.

SilverDeth on December 31, 2011 at 5:46 AM

Hey, Deth! Your posts are a riot. You sure seem intent on being proven right, while others want to go with the best candidate who has a real shot of beating Obama. By the way, please, share with us some of your “collection”. It sounds like you have put a lot of time into gathering that important research, so don’t let all your hard work go to waste without anyone ever getting to see it.

Also, please tell me who you support. From the clueless way you come across in your posts, I’m going with Rick Perry or Sarah Palin.

Also, can you do me a favor? Please tell me what other political blogs you read. What are your favorites? Exactly which radio shows do you listen to? I want to know what is producing people like SilverDeth, who all sound exactly the same and make about the same silly “RINO” and “establishment” conspiracy theory comments. I’m very interested in this.

bluegill on December 31, 2011 at 10:25 AM

I first began to follow Josh Romney on Twitter

Tina and Josh, sittin in a tree…

bitsy on December 31, 2011 at 10:37 AM

Give me a break, “rare set of analytic skills” my ass

georgealbert on December 31, 2011 at 9:56 AM

You poor, poor, misguided soul. I pity you. Tell you what…..do a Bing search for a “Staples”.

csdeven on December 31, 2011 at 10:39 AM

*He raised the gas/cigarette taxes
*He was 47th out of 50 states in job creation
*He appointed more liberal judges than any gov. in ma. history
*His budgets went up/his deficits went up
*He appointed his pals to political positions

The establishment will get what they want but at what cost!!!

Danielvito on December 31, 2011 at 10:15 AM

Hahaha! Those are the most superficial set of lies ever posted here at Hoot Air. If you’re going to compete with our upper echelon of trolls, you’d better step up your game.

csdeven on December 31, 2011 at 10:42 AM

bluegill on December 31, 2011 at 10:25 AM

Strongly support ABR.

besser tot als rot on December 31, 2011 at 10:47 AM

csdeven on December 31, 2011 at 10:42 AM

Nice rebuttal. You’re presentation of facts and data have me persuaded.

besser tot als rot on December 31, 2011 at 10:48 AM

bluegill on December 31, 2011 at 10:25 AM

Cut deth some slack. The epic failure of the sub-par candidate he supported cut him to the quick. He believes that if he can exorcise his demons on Romney’s soul, his candidate will somehow gain traction. He only hurts himself with his onerous disposition so we can afford to be charitable.

csdeven on December 31, 2011 at 10:48 AM

I have no problem with what Romney did at Bain (other than accepting federal funds); that is not the problem. His leftist record as governor or MA is the problem. You know. The record that looks nearly the same as Obama’s record as President? Yeah. That one.

besser tot als rot on December 31, 2011 at 10:50 AM

Nice rebuttal. You’re presentation of facts and data have me persuaded.

besser tot als rot on December 31, 2011 at 10:48 AM

His complaints aren’t serious and don’t deserve serious answers.

csdeven on December 31, 2011 at 10:51 AM

csdeven, as long as you have yourself, you’ll never be alone. By the way, do the nurses know that you’re using their computer again?

kingsjester on December 31, 2011 at 10:53 AM

besser tot als rot on December 31, 2011 at 10:50 AM

Yet Romney supported many conservative causes, balanced his budget and maintained a rainy day fund. Obama has done the exact opposite.

Try again.

csdeven on December 31, 2011 at 10:53 AM

kingsjester on December 31, 2011 at 10:53 AM

The group appreciates the fact that you don’t spam us with your lame blog like you used to. I’m sure it cuts into your revenue stream, but it really doesn’t get many hits anyway, so no harm no foul.

csdeven on December 31, 2011 at 10:55 AM

Strangely enough, the “looking for a father figure” thing doesn’t seem to have worked for John McCain.

This just sounds like Noonan is rationalizing her own feelings.

Aitch748 on December 31, 2011 at 11:02 AM

csdeven on December 31, 2011 at 10:42 AM

Let’s go thru what Romeycare did, lightweight;

Did he or did he not;

*He raised the gas/cigarette taxes
*He was 47th out of 50 states in job creation
*He appointed more liberal judges than any gov. in ma. history
*His budgets went up/his deficits went up
*He appointed his pals to political positions

Now it’s one thing to stick your face up Romneycare’s azz and overlook his crap record, it’s another thing to lie about his deeds!!!

Danielvito on December 31, 2011 at 11:02 AM

His complaints aren’t serious and don’t deserve serious answers.

csdeven on December 31, 2011 at 10:51 AM

If they aren’t serious they should be simple to rebut. But you can’t.

besser tot als rot on December 31, 2011 at 11:05 AM

csdeven on December 31, 2011 at 10:53 AM

Romney may have balanced the budget, but by raising taxes/fees. That is Obama’s plan, but hasn’t been able to implement it because of, you know, actual conservatives in congress (not to mention the Democrats who wouldn’t go along with raising taxes/fees!!).

besser tot als rot on December 31, 2011 at 11:09 AM

Mccain looked for of a father figure than Obama but no one bought it.

Romney still has to explain why none of his boys served in the military.

liberal4life on December 31, 2011 at 11:10 AM

This just sounds like Noonan is rationalizing her own feelings.

Aitch748 on December 31, 2011 at 11:02 AM

Noonan is dancing around Alpha male vs Beta male. Because Romney isn’t an Alpha male, but he is a father of sons so there’s that, he’s a producer of men ;)

As far as the Romney’s children, I have read stuff about Jeb Bush’s daughter, and Al Gore’s son so the Romney kids have some decent core values from all accounts. I still don’t think that the Romney’s children are any more superior than any of the other candidate’s children. By all accounts Ron Paul’s son Rand Paul turned out pretty well, he’s a U.S. Senator, and fiscal conservative.

Dr Evil on December 31, 2011 at 11:15 AM

Romney still has to explain why none of his boys served in the military.

liberal4life on December 31, 2011 at 11:10 AM

It’s a bit odd too given that he is LDS. From what I understand LDS members generally value military service greatly.

besser tot als rot on December 31, 2011 at 11:16 AM

Mccain looked for of a father figure than Obama but no one bought it.

Romney still has to explain why none of his boys served in the military.

liberal4life on December 31, 2011 at 11:10 AM

I prefer a candidate with United States Military Service. But we are now completely an all “volunteer” Military. I am sure they all had to sign up for selective service when they came of age.

Barack H Obama has no U.S. Military Service record either.

Dr Evil on December 31, 2011 at 11:18 AM

*He raised the gas/cigarette taxes
*He was 47th out of 50 states in job creation
*He appointed more liberal judges than any gov. in ma. history
*His budgets went up/his deficits went up
*He appointed his pals to political positions

Danielvito on December 31, 2011 at 11:02 AM
========================================

Excellent summation, thank you

georgealbert on December 31, 2011 at 11:18 AM

If they aren’t serious they should be simple to rebut. But you can’t.

besser tot als rot on December 31, 2011 at 11:05 AM

They have been rebutted dozens if not hundreds of times with links to articles and commentary. Rather than respond to the rebuttals, he simply yells his objections louder.

That is a troll. And not a very good one either.

csdeven on December 31, 2011 at 11:20 AM

csdeven on December 31, 2011 at 10:55 Am

I’ve never seen one little insignificant poster attack and torque off so many posters on one blog for so long and still be around to post on self-same blog. Congratulations.

kingsjester on December 31, 2011 at 11:22 AM

besser tot als rot on December 31, 2011 at 11:16 AM

Two of Jon Huntsman sons are in currently serving in the Navy.

Dr Evil on December 31, 2011 at 11:24 AM

besser tot als rot on December 31, 2011 at 11:09 AM

The fees raised were for services and not broad based taxes on the general population. Fees that had not been adjusted for over a decade. The state stopped paying for many services that were being used by individual towns etc. Services that were being paid for by other towns, but received no benefit from. Those towns had to either cut their services or raise property taxes to pay for their local extravagances.

Taxing the citizenry is a necessary part of a government. The problem arises when the spending outstrips the revenues. Romney did not raise taxes/fees to support more spending. He raised that revenue and cut spending. Masscare was a program designed with that concept in mind. People were freeloading off the system while others paid their own way and then were burdened with the bills of the freeloaders. Masscare made sure all citizens had skin in the game. It wasn’t perfect, but it certainly was not a grand experiment in social engineering. You wont find elements of social engineering in Masscare. Just look at Obamacare. It is social engineering disguised as a healthcare fix.

csdeven on December 31, 2011 at 11:30 AM

kingsjester on December 31, 2011 at 11:22 AM

Which is an indictment on yourself, not me you idiot.

csdeven on December 31, 2011 at 11:31 AM

Unfortunately, obsesser, I am not alone in my opinion.

kingsjester on December 31, 2011 at 11:32 AM

Unfortunately, obsesser, I am not alone in my opinion.

kingsjester on December 31, 2011 at 11:32 AM

And neither am I you moron.

csdeven on December 31, 2011 at 11:35 AM

The voices in your head don’t count.

kingsjester on December 31, 2011 at 11:39 AM

Fees went up. Taxes went up. Money if fungible. Strict allocation of increased fees/taxes doesn’t matter when it frees up the general fund that would have otherwise had to have been used for that service. This isn’t rocket science.

besser tot als rot on December 31, 2011 at 11:43 AM

“A total cheapskate.” I heard he is a pathological cheapskate. A pathological anything isn’t good.

Stingy at home maybe, but what’s with costly, uncheap Romneycare?

anotherJoe on December 31, 2011 at 12:06 PM

The voices in your head don’t count.

kingsjester on December 31, 2011 at 11:39 AM

And neither do yours douche bag.

csdeven on December 31, 2011 at 12:15 PM

Romney still has to explain why none of his boys served in the military.

liberal4life on December 31, 2011 at 11:10 AM

No, he doesn’t. They’re grown men who can explain themselves, if they so choose. You don’t understand this, though, because you’re a little boy trying to play “I caught Daddy/Mommy/Teacher/Random Authority Figure being a big fat hypocrite so I don’t have to do the right thing ‘cuz it’s no fun anyhow! Wah!”

I think that about sums it up.

M240H on December 31, 2011 at 12:26 PM

This whole “didn’t serve in the military line” is getting pretty old. My family is a military family and couldn’t care less that neither Gov. Romney or his sons were in the service. There are many ways to make a difference to our country and hopefully if he rebuilds our economy and our standing in the world that will be contribution enough.

oregano on December 31, 2011 at 12:35 PM

MITTBOTS… REPORT IN

MASTER BLASTER ORDERS FOR THE DAY 12/31:

SHILL UNTIL 11:59 PM 2011

TAKE WELL DESERVED BREAK FOR NON-ALCOHOLIC CHAMPAGNE

RECOMMENCE SHILLING AT 12:00:01 AM 2012

GO!!!

Spirit Crusher on December 31, 2011 at 12:51 PM

Two of Jon Huntsman sons are in currently serving in the Navy.

Dr Evil on December 31, 2011 at 11:24 AM

Yet another positive for Huntsman.

McDuck on December 31, 2011 at 12:51 PM

My father is a lot like Mitt Romney. My father isn’t as wealthy as Mitt Romney but he makes a nice six figure income. However, My Dad also gets upset if I leave the tap water on too long and likes to buy .99 hamburgers because its the cheapest thing he can buy for lunch.

Conservative Samizdat on December 31, 2011 at 1:04 PM

*He raised the gas/cigarette taxes
*He was 47th out of 50 states in job creation
*He appointed more liberal judges than any gov. in ma. history
*His budgets went up/his deficits went up
*He appointed his pals to political positions

The establishment will get what they want but at what cost!!!

Danielvito on December 31, 2011 at 10:15 AM

csdeven on December 31, 2011 at 10:42 AM

Yet…you don’t despute any point that Danielvito made.
Superficial set of LiesFACTS?? REALLY? I have 2 sisters and 1 brother that live in “Taxachusetts”….and EVERY point Danielvito made is absolutely 100% right on mark.
Your “chosen one” is a 25% candidate for 5 years now… another FACT!!!

coach1228 on December 31, 2011 at 2:47 PM

I believe that Romney would be as careful with our money as he was with the Olympic money and he was careful with it.
I think some can’t understand how these young men could grow up at the time they have and not be druggies, or worse. It’s because he has been a great father with love, faith and restrictions etc. And they have responded by being good citizens and trying to raise their families the same.
Gosh we can’t have that can we?

Bambi on December 31, 2011 at 3:04 PM

Tina Korbe on December 30, 2011 at 6:05 pm

No disrespect Tina… but that comparison to Romney made me want to pick up maalox.

apocalypse on December 31, 2011 at 4:10 PM

csdeven on December 31, 2011 at 12:15 PM

You are extremely patient. I don’t know how you put up with these people! You have my respect for constantly being a voice of sanity in this comments section.

bluegill on December 31, 2011 at 6:35 PM

“GROW UP. American voters will vote for Mitt Romney in droves—yet here you are carping, complaining and criticizing the one responsible adult candidate in the race!!!”

Ha.
Heh.
Hahahaha.
Bwhahahahahaaah.
HehehHAHAHAHOHOHOEHHHHEEEEEE[choke]HAHAHAHAHAAHhehehohohoooohhaaaaa!
[gasps for breath.]

Oh man. That was a good one.

SilverDeth on December 31, 2011 at 11:24 PM

Quote: “Hey, Deth! Your posts are a riot.”

Your sarcasm is like ambrosia.

Quote: “You sure seem intent on being proven right, while others want to go with the best candidate who has a real shot of beating Obama.”

The false premise you are laboring under is that I do not share these very motives.

Quote: “By the way, please, share with us some of your “collection”. It sounds like you have put a lot of time into gathering that important research, so don’t let all your hard work go to waste without anyone ever getting to see it.”

Plenty of people will see it in Urbandale Iowa in just a few days. Just calm your pretty little head down.

Quote: “I think you need to wake up and get over the fact that your favorite candidate either hasn’t attracted enough support to have a good shot at winning or never entered the race to begin with.”

Projection. It’s a bad thing. You need to stop judging others motives through your own narcissistic prism. Not to blow over your poorly stacked house of cards a second time, but the fact of the matter is, I was not thrilled with any of the candidates. There are some – still running I might add – that are far less retch-worthy than others, but that’s like saying “typhoid” is better than “hepatitis-A.”

I am highly skeptical as to any of them being capable of handling King Barry Hussein and his media dogs. But I do know that the Marxist in chief’s greatest weaknesses are his liberal spending habits, his statist nanny-government ideology, and Socialized health care – and dear dear Ken-Doll, (and his pretty little sweater commercial sons), won’t be able to attack from these vectors, because let’s face it:

Romeny IS a socialized health care pushing, nanny-state-loving, big spender.

Any attempt to pick at King Barry Hussein’s Achilles Heel by the Romney crowd will result in the media attack mongrels – rightly so I might add – pointing out what a stupid hypocrites they are.

But hey… he’s got great hair… amirite?

Quote: “Also, please tell me who you support.”

Considering that I’d have to rub elbows with people such as yourself, by the day “none of the above” or “Heckel & Jeckel” are trending favorites. At this point, nobody, or clearly insane magpies would be preferable to the communists ruining this country on the left, the crazies in Rue Paul’s camp, and the commie-lite the RNC seems hell bent on stuffing down our throats.

Quote: “From the clueless way you come across in your posts, I’m going with Rick Perry or Sarah Palin.”

Why would I support a big spending big government Rick Perry. He never met a crony capitalist he didn’t like – or an illegal for that matter. Palin’s not an option, she bowed out on Mark Levin’s show – Welcome to a few months ago, now that I have educated you on how unwise it it to call someone “clueless” when you are apparently ignorant that Sara Palin is not on any national ticket, you can continue your failing attempts at ad-hominim. (Oh yes I am being disingenuous to you. One good turn deserves another – clueless” one.)

Quote: “Also, can you do me a favor?”

Why, do I owe you one?

Quote: “Please tell me what other political blogs you read. What are your favorites? Exactly which radio shows do you listen to?”

Oh my, not on our first date. Have you no shame!

/bats eyelashes.

“I want to know what is producing people like SilverDeth, who all sound exactly the same and make about the same silly “RINO” and “establishment” conspiracy theory comments. I’m very interested in this.”

Gonna make that stand out a bit more – because you have finally pulled off the mask.

In your mind, clearly, we conservatives could never have come to the conclusion that the Republican Establishment is trying to stuff RINOS down our throats on our own.

Thank you for providing a stark example of EXACTLY the point I have been making:

In my opinion, the moderates – such as yourself – find real conservatives backwards - hell I will go out on a limb, based on your “descriptions” of me – (what was it… oh yes… you called me “clueless”), you find them [conservatives] to be… how should we say… stupid, backwards, or/and old fashioned. So, you lounge back, on your self erected Corinthian pillar, casting your scorn filled gaze towards your “lessers,” – these people appear so vapid to your eyes, so ignorant, that you simply cannot BELIEVE they could come to such a conclusion without HELP.

To be frank, this attitude that the masses are “stupid” is the PRIMARY trait that differentiates Liberals from conservatives on a philosophical level. I find it very telling that it’s shared by so many of those who wrap themselves in the warm fuzzy fleece blanket of “moderate conservatism.”

SilverDeth on December 31, 2011 at 11:58 PM

SilverDeth on December 31, 2011 at 11:58 PM

Funny, according to the most recent poll from Iowa, nearly 80% of caucusgoers would be very enthusiastic or OK with Romney as the nominee:

Likely GOP caucusgoers still believe Romney is most electable, the new poll shows. He also wins the “best able to bring about real change” category. And 78 percent would be very enthusiastic or OK with the choice if he were the nominee, the highest enthusiasm of the three candidates tested.

Poll respondent Michele Pratt, 55, of Cedar Rapids, thinks that Romney projects competence and confidence and that he should appeal to political independents. She supported him four years ago, and doesn’t hesitate to do it again.

“He’s everything we want in a president right now,” said Pratt, who sells dietary supplements.

Well, Deth, your theory that the “masses” are deadset against Romney doesn’t seem to jive with the facts. Turns out Iowa caucusgoers are most enthusiastic about Romney. Perhaps you overestimated the influence and numbers of Romney-haters like yourself? Sounds like you and the rest of the few dozen embarrassing, clueless, irrational, Romney-hating people are the ones who are out-of-step with other conservatives.

Attacks like yours on Romney are so over-the-top, silly, and they seriously discredit people like you. If no one else has yet told you what you need to hear, let me be the first: you are entering “nutty fringe whackjob” territory with your deranged attacks on Romney. Just trying to be helpful in letting you know.

Also, who exactly are these shady Republican Establishment characters supposedly pulling the strings and “forcing” people to accept particular candidates? Please provide some names. Did it ever occur to you that certain candidates may have flopped because of their own failures and after voters learned more about their records? Why do you have to jump to these “establishment” boogeymen conspiracy theories?

Honestly, I think you should just relax. Romney will win, and he’ll be a great president, ok? Just chill out and lay off the nutty talk and everything will be great.

bluegill on January 1, 2012 at 3:35 AM

SilverDeth on December 31, 2011 at 11:58 PM

You write very well, and the way you write reminds me of Mark Levin. Are you a fan of his? I know he reads this blog–so, dare I ask, might you be the great one himself?

KickandSwimMom on January 1, 2012 at 9:14 AM

bluegill on January 1, 2012 at 3:35 AM

Romney will get murdered on his record as in 1994 and 2008, he has no answer for a simple FOX interview, and he stinks as a retail politician. Other than that, he’s a lousy candidate.

The Mittbots not only live in Fantasy-Land, they own beachfront property there as well.

ebrown2 on January 1, 2012 at 1:56 PM

bluegill on January 1, 2012 at 3:35 AM

ebrown2 on January 1, 2012 at 2:02 PM

DixT on January 1, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Like it, or not, our conservative MAIN GOAL is to beat Obama in 2012, and put an end to his ridiculous and dangerous ways of governing. Obama is DESTROYING our country, and seems to have no qualms about doing that, whatsoever. IF Republicans—and ALL conservatives—want to truly oust Obama from his destructive ways, then we will ALL get behind the GOP Nominee—no matter who it is! It’s time to “put away childish things”, and PUT THE FUTURE OF OUR COUNTRY AND OUR FELLOW CITIZENS AT THE FOREFRONT.

DixT on January 1, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Your “chosen one” is a 25% candidate for 5 years now… another FACT!!!

coach1228 on December 31, 2011 at 2:47 PM

I have 3 uncles, 4 cousins, 2 half brothers and a business associate who says you’re full of it.

You lose.

csdeven on January 1, 2012 at 6:22 PM

bluegill on December 31, 2011 at 6:35 PM

I consider it my civic duty to try and be patient as long as it takes.

;-)

csdeven on January 1, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Somebody should tell Dad the BYU style humor is poison in the real world. I mean flip, don’t make me use my priesthood.

borntoraisehogs on January 2, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Two of Jon Huntsman sons are in currently serving in the Navy.

Dr Evil on December 31, 2011 at 11:24 AM

Jon (b. 1991)
William (b. 1993)
Which one The 10 year old. or the 7 year old? I remember the “kiddie cruise” in the 60′s but I think that started at 17.

borntoraisehogs on January 2, 2012 at 7:50 AM

It’s all fine and good to be fiscally responsible, but to be a cheapskate is not.

JoseQuinones on January 2, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Romney still has to explain why none of his boys served in the military.

liberal4life on December 31, 2011

Thank you. Mittens has raised a litter of little wussies like himself.
Cowards one and all.