Poll: Obamateurism of the Year, Semi-Final Flight 1

posted at 8:05 am on December 29, 2011 by Ed Morrissey

And then there were … ten.  Hot Air readers have selected ten semifinalists among the hundreds of Obamateurisms of the Day this year to compete for the top spot for 2011.  Yesterday, readers selected Obama’s claim to have had the best first two years of any President in American history (except maybe FDR, LBJ, and some no-account named Lincoln), and by the widest margin in any of the first-round flights.  In our second-chance flight, the voting was closer, but Obama’s scare-tactics-for-me-but-not-for-thee lecturing won by a comfortable margin.

Today we’ll tackle the first five semifinalists, the top two of which will go on to the final on New Year’s Eve.  Will we be toasting Obama’s fumbled salute to the Queen of England, or his salute to the dictator in Beijing?  Will we dig the President’s “subterranean” analysis, or his faceplant on the Medal of Honor recipient?  The biggest question will be whether Obama will invite us to dinner after giving out this reward.  Odds: slightly better than Gary Johnson’s to win a single electoral vote.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

No one is scrutinizing Hu Jintao’s words in Tahrir Square.

Douchetastic!!

Presidentin’s hard.

Dictatin’s easy.

Who knew?

Tim_CA on December 29, 2011 at 2:03 PM

Why it is said that Obama is smart is the 8th wonder! The idiot could phuck up a free lunch.

jqc1970 on December 29, 2011 at 2:14 PM

Geeze Louise, these Obamateurisms are getting TOUGH to select just one now. DANG!

It came down to what I felt an Obamateurism really means, and that just total and uther EFFUP with maximum embarrassment factor and the complete removal of any scapegoats he can blame later, and that ruled out the Nobel peace prize option due to, well, he’s just an insensitive thug.

I moved on to the “subterranean racists” comment, and that was just an outward expression of his self hate of his White Devil parent.

The “easier to be president of China” comment while a very good choice, is more along the lines of a selfish juvenile wanting the big allowance and not having to mow the lawn to get it.

The Non-postumus MoH botch is just shamefull and he already tried to cop to the “staff misinformed me” angle and I won’t allow cover for a bitch like him to get any PR even if somewhat embarrassing to him, it was more embarrassing to the MoH recipient.

SO, the Toast to the Queen botch, where he stands there thinking the world is hanging on his every word and the Brittish orchetra cranks up “God Save the Queen” while this mouth breather continues on, then realizes he’s the dumbest PHUC on the planet, the lights are ON and everybody see it and there’s no where to hide, SCORED for me on this slection process.

And DAMN, he looked STEEEEOOOOOOOOPID!!!

#4

44Magnum on December 29, 2011 at 2:39 PM

#4

44Magnum on December 29, 2011 at 2:47 PM

God, this is so hard. His mistakes are so grandiose!

TheLoudTalker on December 29, 2011 at 3:21 PM

I’ve got to go with the State Dinner for an oppressive regime. A State Dinner is an honor, not required for visiting heads of state. He made a deliberate choice to honor a regime holding a Nobel peace prize winner under arrest. The ironic contrast to his own undeserved prize is simply the frosting on the cake. Mangled foreign policy, communist tyrant tilting, blind narcissism all-in-one.

Timeout on December 29, 2011 at 4:05 PM

Where is the all of the above? Just make an Obamaturism highlight reel. That would take away all the tough choices and truly illustrate the epic mishandling of the executive branch as it exists under his leadership.

Freed0m28 on December 29, 2011 at 4:49 PM

Just got in from a family reunion and haven’t read the posts yet. So forgive me if I repeat someone else.

Leaving Clinton to handle the president’s podium is akin to wishing he were president of Communist China. Both scrape the bottom of the barrel for the supposedly leader of the free world.

Not knowing the soldier’s name does a slow burn for me. But I had to go with #3.

jazzuscounty on December 29, 2011 at 4:58 PM

I simply had to go with ‘Obama botches toast to Queen Elizabeth’ because it is typical clueless Obama, the only thing better would have been if he had given a shout out to the Duck of Edinburgh.

philly_PA on December 29, 2011 at 5:28 PM

Voting is even yet still more difficulter after reading the comments.

Sometimes you can blame the empty vessel for being empty.
rwenger43 on December 29, 2011 at 10:31 AM

That’s the thing that makes him such an amateur. If I had a protocol team that allowed me to muck up a toast to the queen, heads would roll. But at the very bottom, the absolute deepest of empty-headedness is a complete, ecompassing and blissful lack of self-awareness.
Without self-awareness, any emotional or intellectual growth happens only by accident.

PopsRacer on December 29, 2011 at 7:20 PM

Hu’s on third.

VibrioCocci on December 29, 2011 at 8:24 AM

Brilliant!!!!

#3 got my vote, but what a difficult choice.

GrannyDee on December 29, 2011 at 8:42 PM

I’m disappointed. I thought the ridiculous looking botched toast to the queen was really a great pick. I was definitely one of the best of the year for me!

sherrimae on December 30, 2011 at 12:59 AM