Quotes of the day

posted at 8:00 pm on December 24, 2011 by Allahpundit

“Vice President Joe Biden unleashed a biting critique of Mitt Romney’s policies Friday and the Republican came swiftly back at him – a full-contact preview of what the general election might look like should Romney win the GOP nomination to challenge President Barack Obama…

“In essentially placing its bets on Romney, the Obama camp elevated his stature in the race, particularly in Iowa where he is running neck-and-neck with Gingrich and Texas congressman Ron Paul.

“Romney was clearly ready – and eager – to engage with the White House. While he generally has to be asked, or even pressed, to criticize Gingrich, he hit back at Biden at the first opportunity.

“‘I think they realize what’s coming,’ he said. ‘I hope they’re right. I hope I’m the nominee.’”

***

“Mitt Romney is set to close out the fourth fundraising quarter of the year with his largest haul yet of at least $20 million, several fundraising sources told POLITICO…

“While there is still a week left in the quarter, high-dollar fundraising is essentially finished for the season thanks to the holidays — and Romney is closing strong…

“Instead of the Newt Gingrich surge prompting donors to hesitate, it impelled them to give more, two sources said, mirroring fear among establishment Republicans of the former House speaker capturing the nomination.”

***

“The sense had been growing that the GOP race was effectively over barring a major surprise in Iowa from Rick Perry or Rick Santorum, but this news out of Virginia is very revealing about the lack of general election preparedness of every organization except Team Romney. The only thing that the president has going for him is a political organization honed by a half-dozen years in the field and a well-refined ruthlessness when it comes to tactics. It is hard to imagine an organization that cannot gather 10,000 signatures over many months staying on the field with the Chicago gang much less outmaneuvering them in the week to week battles of the year ahead.

“Fence sitters among the electeds who were waiting to see if there would be a prolonged contest have got to be spending their Christmas Eves wrapping gifts and considering that Mitt Romney has this campaign in hand and that a quick conclusion to the primary season would be in the interests of everyone. Watch for endorsements next week before Iowa caucuses and certainly before New Hampshire votes.”

***

“The irony is that Mr. Paul’s campaign may so far have made Mr. Romney’s path easier. It has released exceptionally effective commercials against Mr. Gingrich, while also feuding with Mrs. Bachmann. If Mr. Paul was a more traditional candidate, this strategy might make sense, since Mrs. Bachmann and especially Mr. Gingrich are threats to win Iowa. Weakening these candidates might also tend to help Mr. Romney, but that would not be Mr. Paul’s major concern.

“But Mr. Paul is an unusual candidate; his ability to influence the Republican race depends as much upon the order of finish among the rest of the candidates as how well he does for himself. If Mr. Romney finishes a strong second in Iowa behind Mr. Paul, for instance, that showing will be in line with expectations — enough so that Mr. Romney will probably not relinquish his 17-point lead in New Hampshire and should book a solid win there. That would put Mr. Romney on the inside track for the nomination, with Mr. Paul proving to be little more than a footnote.”

***

“Some voters, however, weren’t overly impressed with Romney’s standing in the state.

“‘Of course, he’s going to win here,’ said Concord’s Deb Jacobs. ‘So what? The story would be if he lost. He’s been here for years. And all those other jokers — you can call them candidates — have made sure he won’t lose.’”

***

“Earlier this year, I asked Santorum why he didn’t push smaller government principles more aggressively during the Bush era, and he told me: ‘I could only go so far because we didn’t have a Tea Party movement that was moving the country in that direction.’

“It wasn’t until 2009 and 2010 that candidates who represented the post-bank bailout, purified GOP, began getting elected. And because it takes time for politicians to mature into credible presidential candidates, none of them were ready to run in 2012.

“So the root of the frustration that many conservatives are feeling right now is that philosophically, they are a several election cycles ahead of the available pool of GOP presidential candidates. And they have Bush to blame for that.”

***

“What about his reform principles? Mr. Romney talks only in general terms. ‘Moving to a consumption-based system is something which is very attractive to me philosophically, but I’ve not been able to sufficiently model it out to jump on board a consumption-based tax. A flat tax, a true flat tax is also attractive to me. What I like—I mean, I like the simplification of a flat tax. I also like removing the distortion in our tax code for certain classes of investment. And the advantage of a flat tax is getting rid of some of those distortions.’

“Since Mr. Romney mentioned a consumption tax, would he rule out a value-added tax?

“He says he doesn’t “like the idea” of layering a VAT onto the current income tax system. But he adds that, philosophically speaking, a VAT might work as a replacement for some part of the tax code, ‘particularly at the corporate level,’ as Paul Ryan proposed several years ago. What he doesn’t do is rule a VAT out.”

***

“‘There’s nothing new about politicians making promises they are in no position to keep. Herbert Hoover’s 1928 campaign promised a ‘chicken in every pot and a car in every backyard, to boot.’ Michele Bachmann is promising $2 a gallon gasoline. President Obama promised ‘hope and change.’

“But when it comes to political pandering, it’s hard to beat a promise Mitt Romney made on Thursday in New Hampshire to a 21-year-old college student named Kallie Durkit, who wanted to know why college students should support Romney instead of Obama.

“‘What I can promise you is this – when you get out of college, if I’m president you’ll have a job. If President Obama is reelected, you will not be able to get a job,’ Romney said.”

video platform
video management
video solutions
video player

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Mitt will win the nomination.

Then drup Obama out of the whiten house.

rubberneck on December 25, 2011 at 2:25 AM

troyriser_gopftw on December 25, 2011 at 1:34 AM

Wasn’t talking about Bin Laden. I find it telling that you immediately went there, though.

No, I believe that the newsletters are a legitimate question and should be brought up. While the amount of “questionable” content is overstated, the quantity of the content is absolutely vile. But, for me, the evidence points to Paul’s story and not the narrative the media is pushing.

As for the fence, actually try to respond to it.

gyrmnix on December 25, 2011 at 2:41 AM

All Glad tidings to Allahpundit (for not giving credit-where-credit-is-due gaffe earlier). Yay for (closeted) Primo Alpha Males!!! :)

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on December 25, 2011 at 3:30 AM

Merry Christmas Aslans Girl…I have enjoyed your posts on Perry during this year, and I know it has been rough. You have provided some great tunes tonight.

Stray Cat on December 24, 2011 at 11:16 PM

Thank you very much and glad you enjoyed the music! Merry Christmas! BTW, I love your username ;)

Aslans Girl on December 25, 2011 at 5:50 AM

I’m sure glad I don’t have any ties to Massachusetts wherein my rights would have been taken by Romney and his authoritarian majority.

FloatingRock on December 25, 2011 at 12:44 AM

And the beauty of it is that if you did live there and didn’t like it, YOU COULD MOVE TO ANOTHER STATE. Whereas with a federal mandate, you would have to move out of the country to escape it.

Hence the founders purpose for adding the tenth amendment to the US Constitution and thus making a federal mandate unconstitutional and the MA mandate fully constitutional.

csdeven on December 25, 2011 at 8:34 AM

Too bad the rest of us have to suffer with them.

blackgriffin on December 25, 2011 at 12:49 AM

It is too bad that you are willing to saddle further generations with the progressive justices Obama is sure to appoint to the court. How absolutely principled of you! Good gravy, how do you live with your awesomely awesome self? And I really don’t know how the rest of us can abide standing in the brilliance of your holiness!

csdeven on December 25, 2011 at 8:37 AM

Not to me.

FloatingRock on December 25, 2011 at 1:11 AM

The only things that are important to you are,……getting your way…..or sitting at home praying the country burns to the ground to spite America for refusing to understand how utterly brilliant you are. Holy moly! We all deserve, heck even future generations deserve, to suffer eternal torment for not being wise enough to listen to you!

csdeven on December 25, 2011 at 8:41 AM

Hrm….I don’t think romney supporters understand that “anyone but romney” is changing to “will not choose between romney and obama”.

Both of them are or will be horrible presidents and shouldn’t be anywhere near the office.

Their are some elections when you can choose between the worse of two evils, this isn’t one of them. For every advantage romney would bring, he would essentially kill off the tea party and totally complete the conversion of the GOP into democrat lite + no principles/will pander shamelessly for votes.

I and I think many hot air readers are just not going to agree to that. If Romney is nominated, better he lose and establishment republicans learn they need to give us someone with at least a semblance of principles and convservative values if they want our votes…not just pick the richest establishment governor with the greatest ego and whose waited longest in line. No. No way.

deploylinux on December 25, 2011 at 8:43 AM

On Taxes, ‘Modeling,’ and the Vision Thing

The GOP front-runner says Iran is ‘evil,’ Newt Gingrich is wrong on judges, and he might consider a value-added tax. He also explains why his penchant for ‘data’ and analysis won’t limit his ability to lead as president.

WSJ – DECEMBER 24, 2011

… philosophically speaking, a VAT might work as a replacement for some part of the tax code, ‘particularly at the corporate level,’ as Paul Ryan proposed several years ago. What he doesn’t do is rule a VAT out.”

Mittens is delusional. A VAT is a huge job-killer. I’ve seen upwards of a 50% VAT on new vehicles in Scandinavia where they still sell leaded gasoline because no one can afford the 50% VAT on a new car. Oh, and that “luxury boat” VAT in America … How’d that work out?

And then this completes the delusion under which Mittens operates:

ABC News “Note”
Dec 23, 2011

Romney: Elect Me, You’ll Get a Job; Elect Obama, You Won’t

What a lying, pompous äss.
Isn’t that what President SmartPower promised?
How’s that workin’ out for ya, conservatives?
I wouldn’t vote for Mittens with a gun to my head.
Y’all do so at your, er our, peril.

~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on December 25, 2011 at 9:15 AM

Gee, yet another reason to get behind Mitt — he refuses to rule out pursuing a VAT. Oh joy. We conservatives are going to be carrying on at the voting places like Christmas shoppers fighting over Air Jordans in our mad crazy desire to vote for the Mighty Mitt, I tell you.

/sarc

Aitch748 on December 25, 2011 at 9:19 AM

As for the fence, actually try to respond to it.

gyrmnix on December 25, 2011 at 2:41 AM

So, Ron Paul thinks a fence along the Mexican border is a bad idea because it would be used to keep Americans from leaving the country? Is that a serious problem, Americans fleeing the country via Mexico? I must have missed the news stories on that… Granted, I don’t live anywhere near the Mexican border, but, if I wanted the leave the country, that certainly wouldn’t be the direction I would take.

Nah, Paul’s position on a Mexican border fence is just another example of his crazy conspiracy theorizing.

P.S. – Merry Christmas, and God bless us, every one!

Syzygy on December 25, 2011 at 9:42 AM

Mitt has now come out in favor of a VAT as a substitute for the corp tax. I thought he was a smaller govt and less tax kinda guy. Does he still believe it’s ok to mandate we buy something if it’s for our own good and that maybe or maybe not that agw is sorta real?

Kissmygrits on December 25, 2011 at 9:49 AM

Greasing the skids for that sleazeball, Romney. Blech! So depressing.

mozalf on December 25, 2011 at 9:52 AM

The real shame is that Romney/Huntsman would make such a great Democratic ticket.

Slowburn on December 25, 2011 at 10:10 AM

The Romney supporters in this thread are really being total obnoxious and running a victory lap far too early. If I based my decisions on emotions instead of reason, there is no way in heck I would feel good about supporting Romney in the general with comments like these being flung around. No class whatsoever.

McDuck on December 25, 2011 at 12:30 AM

Oh, just save some of these comments to drag out post-election night next year. It will make for some very entertaining reading.

ddrintn on December 25, 2011 at 10:40 AM

Don’t understand all the hand wringing and teeth gnashing over the candidates. Being an Independent in PA, I can’t vote in the Republican primeries, but I know that come election day, I will vote for the Republican nominee, whoever he or she might be (with the exception of Ron Paul).

I keep reading on this site and others about the “establishment”, and I don’t quite understand: who or what is this establishment? and how do we know what it wants? Is the said “establishment” that wants Romney now, the same one that didn’t want him in 2008? Why? I am really confused! Please enlighten me!

For me it’s very simple: ABO! and I wish everybody feels the same and acts accordingly!

mexdem on December 25, 2011 at 10:46 AM

Romney will never get my vote!

Pragmatic on December 25, 2011 at 11:16 AM

And because it takes time for politicians to mature

True. Christie, Ryan, Rubio–all will be ready in the next five-ten years. If our republic still exists, that is.

Mitt gave a pretty fiery speech re Obama the other day. Maybe he does have the guts?

PattyJ on December 25, 2011 at 11:21 AM

What Everyone Missing The Virginia Primaries Means For Your Candidate

conservativeBC on December 25, 2011 at 5:12 AM

Websites like that remind me of people who think if the say something long enough, loud enough, and with as much positive energy as possible, that their fantasies will become reality for the rest of us. It is quite comical! The facts and reality don’t matter to them.

Thanks for the link, a good laugh is great on a Christmas day!

csdeven on December 25, 2011 at 12:19 PM

mexdem on December 25, 2011 at 10:46 AM

Good questions. I’ve wondered the same.

DarkCurrent on December 25, 2011 at 12:23 PM

ddrintn on December 25, 2011 at 10:40 AM

Hahaha! I remember rubbing the noses of you St Palin the Victimized worshipers in the piles of $hit you disgraced every thread with this summer. I also remember the childish wailing and gnashing of your teeth in trying to deal wit it! Most of you are still in the early stages of dealing with your grief over it too. Anger seems to be the prevailing stage.

You will be sorely disappointed if you think that anyone supporting Romney right now will act like you did. Romney supporters are rational people who will be fully supporting whomever the GOP nominee is.

csdeven on December 25, 2011 at 12:25 PM

csdeven on December 25, 2011 at 12:25 PM

That’s just because it’s going to be Romney …

DarkCurrent on December 25, 2011 at 12:34 PM

LOL…anger? That’s coming, coming from an obsessive who spammed just about every Palin thread there was. I “came to terms” a long time ago. I never really expected Palin to run. I merely said that if she didn’t, Romney would be the nominee and that he’d lose because his “base” is people like you.

csdeven on December 25, 2011 at 12:25 PM

Yeah, right. As soon as he loses you and your ilk will be on here moaning and groaning about the “true conservatives” and their mythical “purity tests”. Like clockwork.

ddrintn on December 25, 2011 at 12:36 PM

* That’s good, coming from etc etc

ddrintn on December 25, 2011 at 12:37 PM

What do Sarah Palin and Mitt Romney have in common? They’ll never be President. (I kid, I kid.)

McDuck on December 25, 2011 at 12:58 PM

McDuck on December 25, 2011 at 12:58 PM

Palin, who knows. She’s relatively young. Romney, never.

ddrintn on December 25, 2011 at 1:14 PM

McDuck on December 25, 2011 at 12:58 PM

That, and the fact that there are conservatives who would vote for Obama if Palin became the GOP nominee, and there are conservatives who are at least considering voting for Obama if Romney becomes the GOP nominee.

Aitch748 on December 25, 2011 at 1:19 PM

Aitch748 on December 25, 2011 at 1:19 PM

Oh, I doubt that really. Conservatives who don’t want to vote for Romney would either stay home or vote third party. I don’t know of many who would vote for Obama. Many moderates calling themselves conservatives, on the other hand, have already voted for Obama once.

ddrintn on December 25, 2011 at 1:22 PM

csdeven on December 25, 2011 at 12:25 PM

The resident howler monkey is still flinging his feces out of his grammy’s basement window at passersby, I see.

Aitch748 on December 25, 2011 at 1:27 PM

As for the fence, actually try to respond to it.

gyrmnix on December 25, 2011 at 2:41 AM

The border fence as a first step in imprisoning us, as a means of keeping us in? You’re asking me to seriously address that ‘issue’?

Okay, I’ll play: the US government, in its totalitarian, North Korean-like drive to isolate us from the world and turn the continental US into a big concentration camp, better finish that pesky Mexican fence and get started on building that long-dreaded great wall between ourselves and Canada, as well as the ‘Iron Ring’ around Alaska and Hawaii. And then, of course, we’ll have to devote the energies of the US Navy to patrolling our vast coastlines. The Coast Guard just won’t be up to the job of preventing millions of freedom-loving Americans from fleeing the impending Zionist dictatorship and its swarming black helicopters–unless, of course, the mind-controlling water fluoridation program finally bears fruit and reduces us all to zombie-like drones incapable of resistance.

Beyond nonsense, all of it. Stop believing Ron Paul is anything but what he appears to be: a racist, conspiratorial kook given a national forum from which to disseminate his idiotic beliefs.

Not that my opinion matters much in the scheme of things, but you Ron Paul true-believers have collectively stepped into some strange mental and emotional territory. As a group, you should get out more, talk to people in real-life whose views differ from your own. You know, sane people.

troyriser_gopftw on December 25, 2011 at 1:48 PM

Aitch748 on December 25, 2011 at 1:27 PM

And as predicted, you rise to the challenge, open your mouth and catch it.

csdeven on December 25, 2011 at 1:56 PM

Something I don’t quite understand: if Romney and Paul have both qualified in VA, why is only Romney praised for being well-organised?

PersonFromPorlock on December 25, 2011 at 2:34 PM

ddrintn on December 25, 2011 at 10:40 AM

It is what you live for..Oh well..:)

Dire Straits on December 25, 2011 at 3:00 PM

troyriser_gopftw on December 25, 2011 at 1:48 PM

Your ad homenims are absolutely adorable.

And since we’ve devolved into mudslinging.. I go out and talk to normal people all the time. I just kill time here conversing with the anti-arab and anti-gay bigots.

gyrmnix on December 25, 2011 at 3:05 PM

If it’s Romney’s destiny to be the GOP nominee, then it’s my destiny to quit the Republican Party.

DRayRaven on December 25, 2011 at 3:06 PM

ddrintn on December 25, 2011 at 10:40 AM

It is what you live for..Oh well..:)

Dire Straits on December 25, 2011 at 3:00 PM

Take it up with the Mittbots. I’m not one who’s been pushing Romney…:)

ddrintn on December 25, 2011 at 3:22 PM

DRayRaven on December 25, 2011 at 3:06 PM

It is what you live for…oh well…:)

ddrintn on December 25, 2011 at 3:23 PM

Take it up with the Mittbots. I’m not one who’s been pushing Romney…:)

ddrintn on December 25, 2011 at 3:22 PM

Good for the Romney supporters..:)

Dire Straits on December 25, 2011 at 3:24 PM

mney praised for being well-organised?

Ron Paul is well organized-but also has a lot of whacko views

gerrym51 on December 25, 2011 at 3:26 PM

troyriser_gopftw on December 25, 2011 at 1:48 PM

On no you went there LOL!

I hope you’re prepared for the torrent.

Dr Evil on December 25, 2011 at 3:37 PM

It is what you live for…oh well…:)

ddrintn on December 25, 2011 at 3:23 PM

It’s gonna be funny as hell watching “Mr. Electable” lose the election to an inept amateur with a 44% approval rating.

DRayRaven on December 25, 2011 at 3:42 PM

ABC News “Note”
Dec 23, 2011

Romney: Elect Me, You’ll Get a Job; Elect Obama, You Won’t

Right up there with “Read my lips”

DoubleClutchin on December 25, 2011 at 4:12 PM

csdeven on December 25, 2011 at 8:37 AM

you act like conservative justice’s are doing no harm to the Constitution. are you man or woman enough to call out the misdeed’s and assault’s on the Constitution that republicans have been doing??

svs22422 on December 25, 2011 at 4:15 PM

It appears the establishment will get its wishes, RP will propel Mitten’s across the finish line. The only thing to save us from 4 more years of Obama is a brokered convention.

As it sits, MR only gets 25% of R’s Max, he is even mpore repulsive to Indies garnering a mere 17%. And this is against a complete failure such as Obama. The only way he can get to 50+1% is if he carries 100% of the D’s, how likely is that?

If MR is the nominee, I am staying home come the general, beleive it! A quich death is always preferable to a slow one, which is what a Romney presidency amounts to.

Archimedes on December 25, 2011 at 4:17 PM

csdeven on December 25, 2011 at 12:25 PM

Rational. You. I see.

You keep using that word. I don’ think it means what you think it means.

Irritable Pundit on December 25, 2011 at 4:20 PM

DRayRaven on December 25, 2011 at 3:06 PM

over 2.5 million people have left the democrat and republican partie’s since 2008. the fastest growing segment is independents. seem’s some people are paying attention.

svs22422 on December 25, 2011 at 4:21 PM

svs22422 on December 25, 2011 at 4:15 PM

I suspect I’m speaking for the majority when I say…huh?!

Merry Christmas. Hope you feel better soon.

ElectricPhase on December 25, 2011 at 4:40 PM

Mitt has now come out in favor of a VAT as a substitute for the corp tax.

Kissmygrits on December 25, 2011 at 9:49 AM

Not quite, but go with it anyway.

Go RBNY on December 25, 2011 at 4:53 PM

Analytics is not your strong suit.

Go RBNY on December 25, 2011 at 4:57 PM

rubberneck on December 25, 2011 at 2:25 AM

Yes, I’m sure Mitt will win, based on his stellar election record.

8 weight on December 25, 2011 at 5:48 PM

Mitt Romney is the worst candidate in GOP history. A Hollywood screenwriter couldn’t come up with a more ridiculous caricature of a candidate. Radical Left-wing track record. Mormonism. Pandering. Lies about his record. Insincerity. Lust for power. Across the board flip-flopping from liberal to “conservative” on every issue under the sun just so he can secure the Republican nomination. Political opportunism at its worst. It’s an understatement to say the man is a danger to the Republican party and the entire country.

Here’s what Mitt Romney supported as Governor of Massachusetts:

1. Pro-abortion with taxpayer funding (added it to RomneyCare, kept it, refused to line-item veto it).

2. Pro-government mandated healthcare (RomneyCare has cost the state over 20,000 jobs and has actually increased the cost of healthcare in Massachusetts).

3. Pro-government mandates in general (“I like mandates” his own words on tape).

4. Pro-gay marriage with full state sponsorship (was first Governor to install it, earlier broke a law in his zeal to issue gay marriage licenses, then called opponents of his actions “right-wing”).

5. Pro-transgender education to children in public schools (promoted by Governor Romney’s administration, read Amy Contrada’s book: “Mitt Romney’s Deception”).

6. Pro-openly gay scout masters in the boy scouts (“I feel that all people should be allowed to participate in the Boy Scouts regardless of their sexual orientation.” U.S. Senate debate on Oct. 26, 1994. Massachusetts News, June 18, 2002.)

7. Pro-global warming caused by human activity (his own words)

8. Pro-environmental regulations to combat global warming (imposed massive environmental regulations in Massachusetts, according to the Wall Street Journal: “Mr. Romney joined activists outside an aging, coal-fired plant in 2003 to show his commitment to the emissions caps. “I will not create jobs or hold jobs that kill people, and that plant, that plant kills people,” he said. On Dec. 7, 2005, the Romney administration unveiled the final orders. “These carbon emission limits will provide real and immediate progress in the battle to improve our environment,” then-Gov. Romney said in a press release touting Massachusetts as “the first and only state to set CO2 emissions limits on power plants.”).

9. Pro-taxes on businesses (closed loopholes, then raised business taxes by $300 million as Governor of Massachusetts, according to USA Today).

10. Pro-taxes and fees on the public (Romney raised state fees and taxes more than $700 million per year, according to independent experts. He raised fees by roughly $500 million in his first year alone, a figure that was highest in the nation. The state and local tax burden rose more than 7% during Romney’s administration).

11. Pro-amnesty for illegal immigrants (supports path to citizenship for illegals, his own words in 2006)

12. Mitt declared himself a “moderate” and says his views are “progressive!” (his own words on tape).

Mitt Romney’s track record is indistinguishable from a radical Leftist’s. Romney’s record is even to the Left of most Democrats! Consider how people destroyed Mike Huckabee in ’08 over a couple of liberal blemishes in his record, but give a free pass to Mitt Romney who’s track record is even worse. Across the board liberal worse! The man is a left-wing deceiver and it’s the responsibility of real conservatives to expose him since the establishment GOP and “conservative” pundits aren’t doing it. I see through the man. Can’t you? He is utterly insincere. The man is a pathological liar. Is there a conspiracy to give this snake the nomination?

“I’m not convinced that a state would be better off with all Republicans. As a matter of fact, I’ve been in a state like that. Not a good thing.”
–Mitt Romney

“My views are progressive.”
–Mitt Romney

cyclo on December 25, 2011 at 5:50 PM

csdeven on December 25, 2011 at 8:34 AM

Doesn’t the rest of the country subsidize Romney care? I thought I saw where Obamao & Patrick foisted some of the costs onto the rest of us.

8 weight on December 25, 2011 at 5:52 PM

gerrym51 on December 25, 2011 at 3:26 PM

Ron Paul has NEVER supported a VAT. Willard does.

8 weight on December 25, 2011 at 6:02 PM

mexdem on December 25, 2011 at 10:46 AM

I suspect all 3 Bush’s. Karl Rove. Ed Gillespie. Mitch McConnell. A few cherry picked Governors and Senators. Some of the big fund raisers. Who they are I don’t know. I expect even all those in leadership positions such as Paul Ryan and Eric Cantor. Some of the leaders of some of the Republican groups, organisations and foundations.

Its not an absolute, clear cut thing. Some in the “establishment” have more power then others. People will come and go. It branches out to those that spread the establishments wishes in TV media.

Proof of this? None, other then the circumstantial evidence that is before us everyday if you pay attention. And that evidence is overwhelming. Just watch Karl Rove and you have all the evidence you need.

mexdem on December 25, 2011 at 10:46 AM

Who thinks the establishment didn’t want Romney last time? There were only 5 people in 2008 that ever had any chance of being the nominee and all were acceptable to the establishment, so they were less involved and controlling then this time. Anybody who says the establishment prefferred McCain to Romney in 2008 were not paying attention. I think they prefferred Romney and Gulliani, but would accept McCain, Huckabee, or Thompson. Evidence of this? Fund raising for one. Plus my memory of the TV talking heads at the time. I can’t remember one single thing anybody I considered to be part of the “establishment” did or said that was against Mitt Romney. NOTHING.

Of course this is all just my opinion.

For me it’s very simple: ABO!(with the exception of Ron Paul).

mexdem on December 25, 2011 at 10:46 AM

I see even you have an exception to your rule. So do I and its Mitt Romney. I wish everybody feels the same and acts accordingly!

KMav on December 25, 2011 at 6:14 PM

McDuck on December 25, 2011 at 12:58 PM

WOW, your TinFoil Hat comes with an HDTV Feed to the future?!?!?

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on December 25, 2011 at 6:42 PM

Ron Paul has NEVER supported a VAT. Willard does.

actually if you read the article what Romney said was he would not arbitrarily say no to a VAT to replace the corporate income tax.
It would have to be one of the options condidered to replacing the corporate tax

gerry-modertate repub;ican-mittbot-Nyaa nyaa

gerrym51 on December 25, 2011 at 6:54 PM

Go RBNY on December 25, 2011 at 4:57 PM

The #’s are cited from Ras, sure alot chumps will jump on the band wagon when/if given no other choice, but Mitten’s invites zero enthusiam. Whithout motivated backers, turnout will be medicore at best. A half-hearted turnout by the R’s will never overcome the voter fraud machine of the reinvented ACORN(now operating under its old subsidiary’s moniker, Project Vote, who’s members are being recruited by Holder’s DoJ voting section, how impartial do you think they’ll be? Throw on top usual grab bag of union rigging the game and you’re toast. Not to mention Soro’s Sec’y of States Project(its not who votes, but who counts them)and Mittens doesn’t stand a chance.

Only an invigorated base could possibly(and only possibly) turnout in great enough numbers to overcome the challenge of unseating Obama…and the evidence shows that Mittens couldn’t invigorate a hopped up on meth hyperactive cat in an electric-chair. If the R-establishment foists Romney upon conservatives, they’ll spend the 40yrs in the wilderness. Take it to the bank!

Archimedes on December 25, 2011 at 7:10 PM

WOW, your TinFoil Hat comes with an HDTV Feed to the future?!?!?

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on December 25, 2011 at 6:42 PM

So now I’m lumped in with the TinFoil Hat crowd?

McDuck on December 25, 2011 at 7:16 PM

svs22422 on December 25, 2011 at 4:15 PM

Sure, but until we can get rid of the left, it does no good to beat republicans because they are easy prey.

csdeven on December 25, 2011 at 7:30 PM

Irritable Pundit on December 25, 2011 at 4:20 PM

You should realize that it is obvious to the group when you have been waiting to use a phrase you read somewhere else. You use it in inappropriate discussions and you sound like a little kid that learned a big word and can’t wait to use it because he thinks it makes him look smart.

csdeven on December 25, 2011 at 7:33 PM

8 weight on December 25, 2011 at 5:52 PM

We always did. Masscare just reapportioned it.

csdeven on December 25, 2011 at 7:35 PM

8 weight on December 25, 2011 at 5:52 PM
We always did. Masscare just reapportioned it.

csdeven on December 25, 2011 at 7:35 PM

Kennedy and his Mittness reapportioned $500 million right out of U.S. taxpayers pockets.

RickB on December 25, 2011 at 7:50 PM

KMav at 6:14 PM -

I am not particularly attached to any of the candidates. They all have their strengths and weaknesses. My main criterion is very simple: I will vote for any candidate that is not BHO and is not an appeaser, “blame America first” type of person. Ron Paul does not meet this criterion.

I wasn’t reading Hot Air in 2007-2008, so I don’t know what it was like back then, but reading some of the comments here lately is quite dismaying. I hope people come to their senses and realize that the most important thing right now is to GET RID OF OBAMA! This is why I will vote for Romney/Gingrich/Perry/Bachmann/Santorum and yes, even Ebenezer Huntsman!

mexdem on December 25, 2011 at 7:55 PM

RickB on December 25, 2011 at 7:50 PM

Uh right. Provide the link.

csdeven on December 25, 2011 at 8:18 PM

I just kill time here conversing with the anti-arab and anti-gay bigots.

gyrmnix on December 25, 2011 at 3:05 PM

Anti-arab? Anti-gay? Let me get this straight: a Ron Paul supporter whose Fearless Leader actively panders to the Stormfront, Spotlight crowd has the nerve to accuse mainstream conservative Republicans of bigotry? That’s rich.

Iranians aren’t Arabs, by the way, so when I criticize the mad mullahs of Iran for hanging teenage girls by the neck from cranes in the public square or stoning homosexuals or bankrolling the Taliban in the killing of American soldiers, I’m not making anti-Arab statements. There is such a thing as evil in the world: the leaders of Iran are proof of this.

And insofar as ‘anti-gay’ is concerned, I’m pretty much a live-and-let-live kind of guy. From a purely political perspective, what consenting adults do or not do in the privacy of their homes is entirely their business, between them and their conscience and God.
The state has no place in the bedroom. From a Christian perspective, there are other, greater sins but sexual sins seem to get more press–I guess because people are always interested in prurience. Sex sells, after all, and other sins such as pride or envy, for example, don’t get much airplay–and should. The Democrats have philosophically based their entire 2012 campaign message on envy, invidia, and that should be talked about, turned over in the public mind.

Besides, nothing I wrote before is ad hominem. You brought up the Ron Paul idea of a fence along the Mexican border designed to keep us in, not illegal immigrants out. I pointed out the surreal whackjob absurdity of the whole notion. If you Ron Paul people would stop and think for a moment, you’d realize the wackiness of everything the man says and writes. But that’s just it: you don’t stop and you don’t think. You just keep on embarrassing yourselves.

troyriser_gopftw on December 25, 2011 at 8:19 PM

Paul/Ahmadinejad 2012!

TexasJew on December 25, 2011 at 8:22 PM

troyriser_gopftw on December 25, 2011 at 8:19 PM

Sucks to be lumped in with a stereotype, eh?

No, somebody else (you? don’t know who without going back to look) brought up the fence and I responded to how stupid the comment was.

You think the Patriot Act was voted in to stop terrorists? Explain why it has been used in over 1,600 drug cases and only 15 terrorism cases?

People here are far too trusting of the government.

Stop and consider the NDAA for a moment. We have a president who already believes he can order the assassination of an American citizen on the basis of a memo from his lawyers. Do we really want to flirt around with giving this government the power to indefinitely detain citizens?

gyrmnix on December 25, 2011 at 8:41 PM

gyrmnix on December 25, 2011 at 8:41 PM

Sorry, no weaseling. You brought up Ron Paul’s fence idea as a perfectly sensible notion when I mentioned it as yet more evidence of Ron Paul’s mental instability, along with his ideas about ‘New Money’ as tracking devices, fluoridation of water as a government mind control program, et al.

So no, you don’t get to cherry-pick those Paulian ideas you find attractive and throw the rest away. With Ron Paul, you get the whole Stormfront-loving, conspiracy-minded package, all or nothing. Embrace the craziness that is Ron Paul’s candidacy or clear your head and cast it–and him–aside. No middle ground allowed.

So tell me again, please, why Ron Paul’s fence-keeping-us-in idea is sane and sensible.

troyriser_gopftw on December 25, 2011 at 8:51 PM

So who would like some eggnog?

Skandia Recluse on December 24, 2011 at 8:10 PM

Yes, please, with a liter of Everclear. Sigh…

Who is John Galt on December 25, 2011 at 9:05 PM

… Or that the intent of a fence along the Mexican border would be to keep us in?

troyriser_gopftw on December 24, 2011 at 11:41 PM

Like you said, no weaseling. You brought it up, I responded. Don’t try to backtrack here, the proof is on page 2.

Do you think there was free travel for Russians under the U.S.S.R.? I suppose the people trying to escape were shot with bullets of love? How about North Koreans right now?

And, so you know, feel free to continue to cherry pick from reality. You can even continue to make stuff up when you feel threatened, I won’t judge you for it.

gyrmnix on December 25, 2011 at 9:10 PM

gyrmnix on December 25, 2011 at 9:10 PM

*sigh*. Again: if Ron Paul believes a fence built along the Mexican border is designed to keep us in, then by logical necessity, the newly totalitarian United States government must then build a Great Wall along the Canadian border, establish some kind of impenetrable rings around Alaska and Hawaii, and run a continuous, equally impenetrable blockade along our coastlines. Otherwise, the giant FEMA camp that would then be the United States would be too porous to effectively employ us as Zionist-controlled slaves.

Thus, Paul’s big idea about the Mexican border fence, brought up in a televised GOP primary debate, is incredibly, impossibly, irrationally paranoid. Can’t any of you Ron Paul people see this? Does the sheer illogic of Paul’s position on even this one issue not somehow reach those parts of your brain that govern reason?

So if you can, again please explain why Ron Paul’s idea about a border fence separating us from Mexico would really be designed to keep us in, taking into account those other possible avenues of escape that might occur to even the most unimaginative serf, otherwise known as Canada and the Pacific and Atlantic oceans.

troyriser_gopftw on December 25, 2011 at 9:25 PM

troyriser_gopftw on December 25, 2011 at 9:25 PM

I’ve explained it and yet you still refuse to see. You can lead a horse to water but, you can’t make him drink…

Enjoy your fantasy land, buddy.

gyrmnix on December 25, 2011 at 9:32 PM

I suspect I’m speaking for the majority when I say…huh?!
ElectricPhase on December 25, 2011 at 4:40 PM

i wouldnt be so sure of myself if i was you.
Merry Christmas.

svs22422 on December 25, 2011 at 10:13 PM

Enjoy your fantasy land, buddy.

gyrmnix on December 25, 2011 at 9:32 PM

I won’t go for the witty rejoinder hero–not that I’m particularly witty, anyway. Ron Paul and true believers like you aren’t even remotely amusing, and I was wrong to find him or any of you amusing in the first place. The irrationality, the paranoia, the bigotry, the secret histories and hidden cabals–once there none of you never come back, do you? Maybe it’s the sense of certainty it gives you, the belief you and your like-minded pals are privy to a true, hidden reality, and therefore part of a special elect. I don’t know. All I do know is you and yours are a conspiracy cult that has fastened itself to the GOP like some kind of hateful malignancy and it is to the shame of Republican Party leadership that none of them have called you out for what you are or even publicly recognized the threat you pose to the party’s credibility.

William F. Buckley, Jr. booted the Birchers from the conservative movement years ago, disavowing them completely for the emerging strains of antisemitism they displayed, fired Joseph Sobran from the National Review for the same reason. Surely, the bigotry and paranoia you and yours have shown merits the same treatment. If that means a third party split by Ron Paul and risking defeat in the general election, so be it.

troyriser_gopftw on December 25, 2011 at 10:26 PM

I’m gonna guess that no..they can’t see that.
Just a guess.

Mimzey on December 25, 2011 at 10:27 PM

troyriser_gopftw on December 25, 2011 at 10:26 PM

Sorry to break it to you but, no, we’re not going anywhere. Paul won’t be going 3rd party but, that doesn’t guarantee you Paul’s supporter’s votes.

When Romney’s name is sitting on the ballot in November, you’re going to need the votes of Paul supporters. I will definitely enjoy watching the GOP try to bring us back into the fold. Especially when they’re all but certain to try to push us out of the convention again.

Again, I’ll let you continue to believe what you want to believe. You’re willful ignorance is on display here. Call us bigots, call us antisemitic, call us what you want. It’s just the reaction of a small mind.

gyrmnix on December 25, 2011 at 10:51 PM

In 2002, Romney told a gathering of Liberal activists (a who’s who of the Left, including gay rights supporters, environmentalists, secular humanists and others) that he would one day rise to the top of the Republican party and be their man in Washington. Romney assured the gathering of activists that he’d eventually move the entire Republican party Leftward. Mitt made these remarks one year after 9/11.

cyclo on December 25, 2011 at 10:54 PM

gyrmnix on December 25, 2011 at 10:51 PM

You flatter yourselves. I won’t presume to speak on behalf of all Republicans everywhere, but I think the GOP would be better served in the general election by telling you where to go and how to get there. Whatever you are, you aren’t Republicans or conservatives.

But hey, tell you what: why don’t you and your pals get more vocal on what you truly believe. I know you tone it down some for general consumption. At least be honest and share your thoughts openly about that evil cabal of international Zionist bankers responsible for all wars everywhere–and while you’re at it, be upfront about that whole water fluoridation mind control thing. If it’s truly the Truth, then by all means proclaim it to the world. Encourage your Fearless Leader to do the same. We can handle it, I assure you.

Be your own sweet selves. I promise a reaction.

troyriser_gopftw on December 25, 2011 at 11:05 PM

The GOP establishment hand-picked Romney over a decade ago.

The establishment wanted Romney in ’08.

If you recall, the establishment declared war against Huckabee and Huckabee was being smeared left and right.

In ’08, the GOP establishment had prepared for a Romney vs. Huckabee primary battle and declared war on Huckabee. Once the establishment finished off Huckabee in the polls (after a flurry of Romney-backed negative TV ads), Huckabee dropped from 1st to 3rd in most states. With Huckabee destroyed, the establishment thought Republican voters would turn to Romney, but McCain snuck in and grabbed the nomination because of Republican voters distaste for Mormon Mitt.

I actually threw a mini-party when McCain secured the nomination because it meant Romney didn’t. Romney always was far worse and far more Liberal. The most Liberal Republican in the party’s history. Romney is our worst nightmare possible. A Liberal snake in Republican clothing with the mega-millions to buy people off and a maniacal lust for power that drives him to destroy any true conservative who opposes him. Romney’s purpose isn’t just to win, it’s to destroy conservatism and hammer the final nail in its coffin.

cyclo on December 25, 2011 at 11:20 PM

gyrmnix on December 25, 2011 at 10:51 PM

No we wont. Paul supporters are statistically insignificant in the general election. Nationally they are the tiniest subgroup of the smallest iota of a miniscule minority that their non participation wont even be measurable.

csdeven on December 25, 2011 at 11:28 PM

troyriser_gopftw on December 25, 2011 at 11:05 PM

I have no dreams that Ron Paul has the support to easily wrap up the nomination. But, if you think Romney can win without a good 10% of GOP voters, you’re sadly mistaken.

And unlike you, pal, I’m completely open and honest about my beliefs.

But, I do think this guilt by association thing can be lots of fun. Let me try…

In every society, the definition of marriage has not ever to my knowledge included homosexuality. That’s not to pick on homosexuality. It’s not, you know, man on child, man on dog, or whatever the case may be. It is one thing. And when you destroy that you have a dramatic impact on the quality…

If the Supreme Court says that you have the right to consensual sex within your home, then you have the right to bigamy, you have the right to polygamy, you have the right to incest, you have the right to adultery. You have the right to anything.

Whether it’s polygamy, whether it’s adultery, whether it’s sodomy, all of those things, are antithetical to a healthy, stable, traditional family.

You are a bigot.

gyrmnix on December 25, 2011 at 11:29 PM

cyclo on December 25, 2011 at 11:20 PM

The tears of those suffering from RDS are delicious! Please, keep em coming!

csdeven on December 25, 2011 at 11:30 PM

mexdem on December 25, 2011 at 10:46 AM

By the way, I live in PA myself. I’m a registered Republican precisely because I want to vote in the primaries. But whoever gets the GOP nomination is who I’ll vote for.

Here’s my take on the “establishment GOP.” First of all, consider what Rush has said about them: he has said that they do in fact exist, but they themselves don’t want us to realize it — they want to remain invisible. In other words, they are perfectly content to control behind the scenes however they can while remaining out of the limelight.

To me, the establishment GOP is that group of politicians, pundits and behind-the-scenes movers-and-shakers who philosophically are as middle-of-the-road as the double yellow lines on a highway. They hold no strong positions on anything yet take their cues from events and people who do. When they are politicians, it means that they adjust their views accordingly either left or right, depending on the amount of votes they want to get, without necessarily truly believing in either side.

When they are columnists or pundits, it means they shill for the least threatening viewpoint. What this group also does is to try their best to convince the average voter in subtle and not-so-subtle ways that they should also support the establishment position, which is don’t-make-waves, go-along-to-get-along. Geographically, the establishment GOP has tended to be a northeastern phenomenon.

Incidentally, they tend to have disdain for the average conservative, precisely because conservatives take strong positions and tend not to dilute them to be accepted.
Their attitude toward the average voter is the same as every elitist control-freak who ever lived: they have a deep-seated belief that they really do know better, even though they likely don’t.

Romney fits right into the establishment GOP mindset not only because he is from Massachusetts, but because his political philosophy is the same go-along-to-get-along establishment view. There’s ample record of his history of flip-flops and of saying what is politically expedient to get elected. He’s the living embodiment of the phrase “He who does not stand for something will fall for anything.”

I look and listen to him and come away with the sense that he doesn’t believe anything he says but he sure wants me to. About the only positive thing I sense is that he has a sincere love for this country, but the same can also be said for all the other GOP candidates.

What angers me most about the establishment GOP is that they continue to allow themselves to be taken advantage of by the Leftists throughout the Democrat party, possibly because they have that compulsion to get along. The other more disturbing reason is that they have been co-opted. If they’re ideologically closer to the Dems, then they should label themselves as such and quit identifying with the GOP at all.

PatriotGal2257 on December 26, 2011 at 12:08 AM

csdeven on December 25, 2011 at 11:28 PM

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

gyrmnix on December 26, 2011 at 12:11 AM

So we get to use a Saturday QOTD for a Sunday QOTD..Cool..I love improvising..:)

Dire Straits on December 26, 2011 at 12:26 AM

cyclo on December 25, 2011 at 11:20 PM

speak for yourself, will you, not so much ‘our nightmare’, as your personal obsession…and what exactly is your problem with his ‘mega-millions’, socialist much? you have The one in the WH who thinks precisely like you do, why don’t you vote for him directly and put yourself out of your misery…’maniacal lust for power’, you got to be a total cretin to actually say that…he hasn’t had an office in 8 years or more, you, ridiculous buffoon…

jimver on December 26, 2011 at 2:09 AM

troyriser_gopftw on December 25, 2011 at 11:05 PM

Actually, I’ll do you one better than Santorum’s bigotry. You seem to be fawning over William Buckley, Jr.?

The central question that emerges—and it is not a parliamentary question or a question that is answered by merely consulting a catalog of the rights of American citizens, born Equal—is whether the White community in the South is entitled to take such measures as are necessary to prevail, politically and culturally, in areas in which it does not predominate numerically? The sobering answer is Yes—the White community is so entitled because, for the time being, it is the advanced race.

Your bigotry is astounding.

gyrmnix on December 26, 2011 at 2:36 AM

It’s how he uses his millions that makes him vile. Romney uses his millions for political payoffs, smear campaigns, telling lies and deliberately misleading voters about his more conservative opponents.

If you support Liberal Mitt, you’re the buffoon. Go join a RINO site, please. Mitt’s been campaigning for Governor and President non-stop for nearly a decade! He’s a maniacal madman with an insatiable lust for power.

cyclo on December 26, 2011 at 4:36 AM

O/T,..What a truthful Nightmare!!
==================================

Will a Reelected President Obama Face More Gridlock in 2013?
Dec 23, 2011 4:45 AM EST
************************

Even if the president wins reelection, he could still be stymied by Republicans in Congress.
***************************

“Unless Democrats win a big victory in Congress, it’s hard to see how a second term would be any better,” says Jack Pitney, an American-government professor at Claremont McKenna College.

“Second terms never are.” Pitney was a congressional staffer on the Republican side in 1985, and finds the aftermath of President Reagan’s reelection instructive. “Even though Reagan had won a huge mandate (carrying 49 states), it didn’t translate into much legislative success, with the important exception of tax reform.” Reagan faced a Democratic House and a Republican Senate, a mirror image of the party divisions that frustrate Obama today.

Obama is more likely to win in a squeaker than with a Reagan-sized mandate. “You might say if the election of 2008 didn’t persuade Republicans to go along with the majority, why would a narrow Obama victory in 2012 have a better effect?” asks William Galston, a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution. If the president couldn’t quell fractious lawmakers when he had a 70 percent approval rating and a big electoral mandate, why would he be any more effective in dealing with Congress after a hard-fought reelection campaign in which the GOP has a better than even chance to capture control of the Senate, and keep its hold on the House?
(More…..)
============

canopfor on December 26, 2011 at 5:49 AM

O/T,Hopey/Changey goes Patriotic,just in time for
Re-Election!!

******WARNING…..Upchuck Bag/Pail/Bowl Required,prior to reading**
===================================================================

Obamas Talk Christmas In Weekly Address: Ask “How Can I Give Back?”
Dec 24 2011
************

THE FIRST LADY: Our veterans, troops, and military families sacrifice so much for us.

So this holiday season, let’s make sure that all of them know just how much we appreciate everything they do.

Let’s ask ourselves, “How can I give back? How can my family serve them as well as they’ve served us”

One way you can get started is to visit JoiningForces.gov to find out how you can get involved in your community.

THE PRESIDENT: Giving of ourselves; service to others – that’s what this season is all about. For my family and millions of Americans, that’s what Christmas is all about. It reminds us that part of what it means to love God is to love one another, to be our brother’s keeper and our sister’s keeper. But that belief is not just at the center of our Christian faith, it’s shared by Americans of all faiths and backgrounds. It’s why so many of us, every year, volunteer our time to help those most in need; especially our hungry and our homeless.
(more….)

One way you can get started is to visit (JoiningForces.gov) to find out how you can get involved in your community.

==========

canopfor on December 26, 2011 at 6:01 AM

Interesting!
============

Romney leads, Paul rises in N.H. poll
December 25, 2011
*****************

Newt Gingrich’s surge has slowed and Ron Paul has gained momentum, but Mitt Romney remains the clear front-runner in New Hampshire with a little more than two weeks until the nation’s first primary, according to a new Boston Globe poll.
(More….)
==========

canopfor on December 26, 2011 at 6:32 AM

Romney raised business taxes by 20% as Governor while increasing fees on the populace. All total, Romney raised more than $740 million dollars with his numerous taxes and fee hikes.

Thinking about casting a vote for Liberal Mitt Romney? You won’t after you read this…

Romney is so Liberal that the Liberal Massachusetts state legislature had to shoot down many of his proposed fees and tax hikes. Apparently, Mitt was too Liberal for the Liberals.

cyclo on December 26, 2011 at 6:53 AM

O/T,OWS GoonEtte vrs. GoonEtte!
===============================

Lovely… #Occupy Nashville Gals Brawl on Christmas Day (Video)
Monday, December 26, 2011, 12:24 AM
***********************************

Happy Holidays!… The #Occupy Nashville goons brawled on Christmas Day…

Lovely. The ladies duked it out on Christmas Day… And one was pregnant.
News Channel 5 reported:
(More….)
==========

canopfor on December 26, 2011 at 6:59 AM

Re: O/T,OWS GoonEtte vrs.(3 Months PregnantGoonEtte!)
===============================

Heres the Video,from News Channel 5
***********************************

canopfor on December 26, 2011 at 7:07 AM

O/T,

Question to Lefty!(“we are at war with violent Islamist extremism.”
Yes or No!
==========

Rep. Dan Lungren (R.-Calif.) Grills Paul Stockton, assistant defense secretary
Added: 7 hours ago Occurred On: Dec-21-2011
******************

Wednesday 21Dec 2011 Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.) and Sen. Joseph Lieberman (I-Conn.) opened a hearing to examine the emerging threat to the military from home grown terrorists within the U.S. and named the armed services as the “most sought-after” target for radical Islamists extremist groups. Rep. Dan Lungren (R.-Calif.) asked Paul Stockton, assistant defense secretary for homeland defense, whether “we are at war with violent Islamist extremism.”
=================================================================

canopfor on December 26, 2011 at 7:27 AM

cyclo on December 26, 2011 at 6:53 AM

Thanks. I’ve been reading up on Iowa talk show host (“Won’t Get Fooled Again” by the Who) Steve Deace and his influence in Iowa. Good article:

IndeCon on December 26, 2011 at 7:42 AM

Romney is definitely the candidate Obama wants to run against. O knows that if Romney gets the nod for the pubs the evangelicals will not turn out for him. Thus, a large portion of the republican base is eliminated from the word go without Obama having to do a thing. You bet Obama is a Romney man.

tommyboy on December 26, 2011 at 8:01 AM

Roughly one quarter of the Right, or nearly 20% of the electorate, will not be voting Obama or Obama-lite, High Princess Romney.

Get used to it.