Quotes of the day

posted at 8:00 pm on December 24, 2011 by Allahpundit

“Vice President Joe Biden unleashed a biting critique of Mitt Romney’s policies Friday and the Republican came swiftly back at him – a full-contact preview of what the general election might look like should Romney win the GOP nomination to challenge President Barack Obama…

“In essentially placing its bets on Romney, the Obama camp elevated his stature in the race, particularly in Iowa where he is running neck-and-neck with Gingrich and Texas congressman Ron Paul.

“Romney was clearly ready – and eager – to engage with the White House. While he generally has to be asked, or even pressed, to criticize Gingrich, he hit back at Biden at the first opportunity.

“‘I think they realize what’s coming,’ he said. ‘I hope they’re right. I hope I’m the nominee.’”

***

“Mitt Romney is set to close out the fourth fundraising quarter of the year with his largest haul yet of at least $20 million, several fundraising sources told POLITICO…

“While there is still a week left in the quarter, high-dollar fundraising is essentially finished for the season thanks to the holidays — and Romney is closing strong…

“Instead of the Newt Gingrich surge prompting donors to hesitate, it impelled them to give more, two sources said, mirroring fear among establishment Republicans of the former House speaker capturing the nomination.”

***

“The sense had been growing that the GOP race was effectively over barring a major surprise in Iowa from Rick Perry or Rick Santorum, but this news out of Virginia is very revealing about the lack of general election preparedness of every organization except Team Romney. The only thing that the president has going for him is a political organization honed by a half-dozen years in the field and a well-refined ruthlessness when it comes to tactics. It is hard to imagine an organization that cannot gather 10,000 signatures over many months staying on the field with the Chicago gang much less outmaneuvering them in the week to week battles of the year ahead.

“Fence sitters among the electeds who were waiting to see if there would be a prolonged contest have got to be spending their Christmas Eves wrapping gifts and considering that Mitt Romney has this campaign in hand and that a quick conclusion to the primary season would be in the interests of everyone. Watch for endorsements next week before Iowa caucuses and certainly before New Hampshire votes.”

***

“The irony is that Mr. Paul’s campaign may so far have made Mr. Romney’s path easier. It has released exceptionally effective commercials against Mr. Gingrich, while also feuding with Mrs. Bachmann. If Mr. Paul was a more traditional candidate, this strategy might make sense, since Mrs. Bachmann and especially Mr. Gingrich are threats to win Iowa. Weakening these candidates might also tend to help Mr. Romney, but that would not be Mr. Paul’s major concern.

“But Mr. Paul is an unusual candidate; his ability to influence the Republican race depends as much upon the order of finish among the rest of the candidates as how well he does for himself. If Mr. Romney finishes a strong second in Iowa behind Mr. Paul, for instance, that showing will be in line with expectations — enough so that Mr. Romney will probably not relinquish his 17-point lead in New Hampshire and should book a solid win there. That would put Mr. Romney on the inside track for the nomination, with Mr. Paul proving to be little more than a footnote.”

***

“Some voters, however, weren’t overly impressed with Romney’s standing in the state.

“‘Of course, he’s going to win here,’ said Concord’s Deb Jacobs. ‘So what? The story would be if he lost. He’s been here for years. And all those other jokers — you can call them candidates — have made sure he won’t lose.’”

***

“Earlier this year, I asked Santorum why he didn’t push smaller government principles more aggressively during the Bush era, and he told me: ‘I could only go so far because we didn’t have a Tea Party movement that was moving the country in that direction.’

“It wasn’t until 2009 and 2010 that candidates who represented the post-bank bailout, purified GOP, began getting elected. And because it takes time for politicians to mature into credible presidential candidates, none of them were ready to run in 2012.

“So the root of the frustration that many conservatives are feeling right now is that philosophically, they are a several election cycles ahead of the available pool of GOP presidential candidates. And they have Bush to blame for that.”

***

“What about his reform principles? Mr. Romney talks only in general terms. ‘Moving to a consumption-based system is something which is very attractive to me philosophically, but I’ve not been able to sufficiently model it out to jump on board a consumption-based tax. A flat tax, a true flat tax is also attractive to me. What I like—I mean, I like the simplification of a flat tax. I also like removing the distortion in our tax code for certain classes of investment. And the advantage of a flat tax is getting rid of some of those distortions.’

“Since Mr. Romney mentioned a consumption tax, would he rule out a value-added tax?

“He says he doesn’t “like the idea” of layering a VAT onto the current income tax system. But he adds that, philosophically speaking, a VAT might work as a replacement for some part of the tax code, ‘particularly at the corporate level,’ as Paul Ryan proposed several years ago. What he doesn’t do is rule a VAT out.”

***

“‘There’s nothing new about politicians making promises they are in no position to keep. Herbert Hoover’s 1928 campaign promised a ‘chicken in every pot and a car in every backyard, to boot.’ Michele Bachmann is promising $2 a gallon gasoline. President Obama promised ‘hope and change.’

“But when it comes to political pandering, it’s hard to beat a promise Mitt Romney made on Thursday in New Hampshire to a 21-year-old college student named Kallie Durkit, who wanted to know why college students should support Romney instead of Obama.

“‘What I can promise you is this – when you get out of college, if I’m president you’ll have a job. If President Obama is reelected, you will not be able to get a job,’ Romney said.”

video platform
video management
video solutions
video player

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

“Vice President Joe Biden unleashed … biting”

Yep.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on December 24, 2011 at 8:02 PM

Merry Christmas AllahPundit, Ed, Tina, Jazz, and anyone else I missed.

Kini on December 24, 2011 at 8:03 PM

and the taliban are not our enemy

do not waste my time with progressive ideology

RAGIN CAJUN on December 24, 2011 at 8:05 PM

Blessed & Merry Christmas to everyone at HA…

Luke 2:10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. 11For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord.

OmahaConservative on December 24, 2011 at 8:10 PM

I think Newt’s “this is just like Pearl Harbor or something” shoulda been among the QOTD.

whatcat on December 24, 2011 at 8:10 PM

So it’s Romney, eh? Well, good. He’s handsome, young, healthy, wealthy, white, Christian; clean and articulate. Well educated from the finest schools. Obviously successful and well liked.

So who would like some eggnog?

Skandia Recluse on December 24, 2011 at 8:10 PM

Merry Christmas to all at HA. May our fortunes get better in the coming year.

predator on December 24, 2011 at 8:12 PM

No wonder they opened up with registration…..

I could write better upside down flying a cow backwards

AH the McCain of the interwebs, after all, it doesn’t matter any way.

Lets click our way into oblivion. Lets have a college freshman class write what we must achieve….

dont waste my time

RAGIN CAJUN on December 24, 2011 at 8:12 PM

So who would like some eggnog?

Skandia Recluse on December 24, 2011 at 8:10 PM

Tried it for the first time ever a few days ago. I’ll have a small one, thanks.

predator on December 24, 2011 at 8:13 PM

I’m sure he’ll make a fine concession speech. I’ll take extra rum in my eggnog, please….

Snorkdoodle Whizbang on December 24, 2011 at 8:16 PM

So who would like some eggnog?

Skandia Recluse on December 24, 2011 at 8:10 PM

Put something strong in mine, please. It looks like I will be voting for crazy Dr. Paul in VA to put a damper on “destiny” and hope for a brokered convention. :-(

Punchenko on December 24, 2011 at 8:16 PM

Jewish Power!

Irving Berlin – White Christmas

Johnny Marks – Rudolf the Red Nosed Raindeer, Rocking Around the Christmas Tree, Holly Jolly Christmas, Frosty the Snowman

Mel Torme and Bob Wells – The Christmas Song

Livingston and Evans – Silver Bells

Walter Kent- I’ll Be Home For Christmas

rickyricardo on December 24, 2011 at 8:16 PM

I’ll have some Jack Daniels in my eggnog…

OmahaConservative on December 24, 2011 at 8:18 PM

Jewish Power!

Irving Berlin – White Christmas

Mel Torme and Bob Wells – The Christmas Song

Livingston and Evans – Silver Bells

Walter Kent- I’ll Be Home For Christmas

rickyricardo on December 24, 2011 at 8:16 PM

Jesus Saves.

Moses invests.

profitsbeard on December 24, 2011 at 8:22 PM

Punchenko on December 24, 2011 at 8:16 PM

Wow, your anti-Romney hysteria clearly on transparent display. Let me guess, in 2012 you’ll have to hold your nose and vote for Obama because Romney’s not conservative enough for you, right?

Ruiner on December 24, 2011 at 8:23 PM

Porky Power!

predator on December 24, 2011 at 8:24 PM

Then there’s this, which really touches on my feelings about this time of year:

predator on December 24, 2011 at 8:25 PM

What’s up with that “tea party” group we heard so much about? The Paul kooks and Romney libs were motivated enough to get their guy on the ballot, but the legitimate conservatives couldn’t get any supporters to go out and get signatures.

Buddahpundit on December 24, 2011 at 8:25 PM

Mele Kalikimaka, Kini.

hillbillyjim on December 24, 2011 at 8:26 PM

So who would like some eggnog?

Skandia Recluse on December 24, 2011 at 8:10 PM

1 part eggnogg to 5 parts 151 sounds about fitting now. I really don’t believe Mitt can win the big one. He is a joke amongst Republicans let alone everybody else.

Southernblogger on December 24, 2011 at 8:31 PM

Obama thinks Mitt can beat him

gerrym51 on December 24, 2011 at 8:37 PM

Over 20 quotes, mail it in.

The day I click a page whereby the “author “ has nary an opinion will be my first. I am not ralphing looking for an air rifle to shoot my eye out. It’s what you are paid for, and you still shot my eye out. 20 quotes, hang your hat on that.
I do not get paid to click your reek, yet I click on this mailed in garbage.
Yet you get paid to mail this in.
Do not bother, yet I know you will.
Let me click to see if you have the humility to improve. Garbage wielder.
What I do is beyond you mortal comprehension, I click to find this?

Do us all a favor, the next time you mail it in, don’t.

RAGIN CAJUN on December 24, 2011 at 8:37 PM

Mele Kalikimaka, Kini.

hillbillyjim on December 24, 2011 at 8:26 PM

You too Jim! May yours be Merry and Bright!

Kini on December 24, 2011 at 8:37 PM

Ruiner on December 24, 2011 at 8:23 PM

I might warm up to Romney, Ruiner. But yes, I will be voting AGAINST Romney in the primary here in VA.

Punchenko on December 24, 2011 at 8:37 PM

Punchenko on December 24, 2011 at 8:37 PM

so you’ll be voting for Ron Paul?

gerrym51 on December 24, 2011 at 8:41 PM

He is a joke amongst Republicans let alone everybody else.

Southernblogger on December 24, 2011 at 8:31 PM

My family utterly hates Romney. They can’t get over that his come to Jesus pro-life moment was over… embryo research. I can’t blame them for detesting the man and hope they turn out during the GE here in VA (I’m not that hopeful — not after tonight, at least.)

In ’08 we enthusiastically voted for McCain, volunteered for him, donated to him, etc. — but this time around, I will be lucky if I can get the gang to vote. Here’s to hoping for the best, folks!

Punchenko on December 24, 2011 at 8:43 PM

Punchenko on December 24, 2011 at 8:37 PM

So you’re telling me Ron Paul in your opinion is a better conservative?

Ruiner on December 24, 2011 at 8:43 PM

so you’ll be voting for Ron Paul?

gerrym51 on December 24, 2011 at 8:41 PM

We’ll see, Gerry. The RPV/RNC might have this ballot debacle straightened out before then and let all the candidates appear.

Punchenko on December 24, 2011 at 8:45 PM

Merry Christmas Allah, Ed, Tina, the Green Room, and to all the posters here at Hot Air…

OmahaConservative on December 24, 2011 at 8:10 PM

+7%…!

Seven Percent Solution on December 24, 2011 at 8:46 PM

Romney is a conservative from Massachusetts

There are no conservatives in Massachusetts

liberal4life on December 24, 2011 at 8:47 PM

So you’re telling me Ron Paul in your opinion is a better conservative?

Ruiner on December 24, 2011 at 8:43 PM

No, I don’t like either Romney or Paul — both are equally awful. A vote for Paul is a vote to stop Romney from getting an additional 49 delegates.

Punchenko on December 24, 2011 at 8:48 PM

*Slow Clap*
All according to plan.

DanStark on December 24, 2011 at 8:48 PM

RAGIN CAJUN on December 24, 2011 at 8:37 PM

Looks like your moniker should be raggin’ cajun…Did you get the egg nog that the dog whizzed on or something?

Gohawgs on December 24, 2011 at 8:49 PM

I hate to say it, but if it were a 2 man race, Huntsman would be a lot better than Romney.

The WSJ says he’s more conservative. He had one unfortunate letter of empty praise he wrote to O, and he shares an unfortunate but evolving view of AGW with Mitt. Huntsman is personable, has depth of character, while Mitt is like a superficial Wall St creation. Huntsman is ‘cool.’ Huntsman’s been called arrogant, but he’s only seen that way when you don’t like him. Huntsman also wants us to come home from Afghanistan. A winner with the youth & wider public, and we’re go home from there anyway.

anotherJoe on December 24, 2011 at 8:50 PM

Evening, OC…

Gohawgs on December 24, 2011 at 8:50 PM

Blessed & Merry Christmas to everyone at HA…

OmahaConservative on December 24, 2011 at 8:10 PM
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
There you are!

KOOLAID2 on December 24, 2011 at 8:51 PM

anotherJoe on December 24, 2011 at 8:50 PM

I agree. :-)

Punchenko on December 24, 2011 at 8:52 PM

Merry Christmas to everyone.

cat_owner on December 24, 2011 at 8:53 PM

Evening, OC…

Gohawgs on December 24, 2011 at 8:50 PM

Merry Christmas and Blessings to you and yours…

OmahaConservative on December 24, 2011 at 8:54 PM

OmahaConservative on December 24, 2011 at 8:54 PM

Thank you. And, to you and yours…

You’ve changed your name link…

Gohawgs on December 24, 2011 at 8:57 PM

At this point I’ll take Romney. Anyone is better than BO, Pelosi, Reid! Although I prefer my man Perry above all.

southernms on December 24, 2011 at 8:57 PM

Merry Christmas everyone!

equanimous on December 24, 2011 at 8:58 PM

Meanwhile, I’ll keep trying to lighten it up…it is Christmas Eve after all…

predator on December 24, 2011 at 8:58 PM

Merry Christmas to everyone.

cat_owner on December 24, 2011 at 8:53 PM

Hello!!! want another one???

hehe

Merry Christmas to all you great folks here.

Stray Cat on December 24, 2011 at 9:02 PM

So is Mitt Romney a Socialist? A communist? Arent those the only forms of Government that could “guarantee” each U.S. Citizen a job? I mean what is he saying? That under Obama un employment will be at 100% and under himself it would be 0%. Interesting…

Politricks on December 24, 2011 at 9:08 PM

Starting to trim the tree…

Merry Christmas to all HA folks!

Politics, et al, to bed for now.

profitsbeard on December 24, 2011 at 9:08 PM

nice story line you got there. see you jan 3 2012.

newrouter on December 24, 2011 at 9:08 PM

You’ve changed your name link…

Gohawgs on December 24, 2011 at 8:57 PM

Yeah, that was a while back…

OmahaConservative on December 24, 2011 at 9:09 PM

I’ll have some Jack Daniels in my eggnog…

OmahaConservative on December 24, 2011 at 8:18 PM

Forget the nog..just send the JD.

KirknBurker on December 24, 2011 at 9:10 PM

To heck with politics for a couple of days.

Merry Christmas to all Hot Air denizens!!

Garym on December 24, 2011 at 9:12 PM

Face it folks. The establishment is powerful. The establishment have been in the tank for “Romney 2012″, since February 2008. Almost every single endorsement from here on out will go to Romney. I predict Marco Rubio will endorse Romney before Florida. Rubio has been establishment from day 1. Almost all elected Republicans become establishment and do what they are told.

This will be a long and difficult fight stopping not only Romney, but the 3 establishment alternatives to Romney in a brokered convention if needed[Daniels-Christie-Bush]. I expect in the end the establishment will get its way, one way or another.

KMav on December 24, 2011 at 9:12 PM

long live the establishment

gerry-moderate republican-mittbot-disn’t know he was the establishment

gerrym51 on December 24, 2011 at 9:18 PM

Merry Christmas AllahPundit, Ed, Tina, Jazz, and anyone else I missed.

Kini on December 24, 2011 at 8:03 PM

..the Boss Emritus and may God bless her quest for her missing cousin, Marizela Perez.

Also, the very warmest of Christmas Greetings to all on HA from TWP and Mrs. TWP and thank you for providing the excellent analysis you do and the marvelous sandbox for us to cavort around in.

Here’s to a VICTORIOUS New Year.

The War Planner on December 24, 2011 at 9:19 PM

OmahaConservative on December 24, 2011 at 8:10 PM

Same to you, sir! Were I still at Offutt, I’d treat you to a Martini and a giant slice of RB at Johnny’s.

The War Planner on December 24, 2011 at 9:21 PM

rickyricardo on December 24, 2011 at 8:16 PM

Although he’s not a Jewish songwriter, let’s not forget Robert Earl Keen’s Merry Christmas from the Family, also recorded by Montgomery Gentry. That’s my all time favorite, since it pretty well sums up my redneck family.

Mom got drunk and Dad got drunk at our Christmas party
We were drinking champagne punch and homemade eggnog
Little sister brought her new boyfriend
He was a Mexican
We didn’t know what to think of him until he sang
Feliz Navidad, Feliz Navidad

Brother Ken brought his kids with him
The three from his first wife Lynn
And the two identical twins from his second wife Mary Nell
Of course he brought his new wife Kay
Who talks all about AA
Chain smoking while the stereo plays Noel, Noel
The First Noel

Carve the Turkey
Turn the ball game on
It’s margaritas when the eggnog’s gone
Send somebody to the Quickpak Store
We need some ice and an extension chord
A can of bean dip and some Diet Rites
A box of Pampers, Marlboro Lights
Halelluja everybody say cheese
Merry Christmas from the family

Fred and Rita drove from Harlingen
I can’t remember how I’m kin to them
But when they tried to plug their motor home in
They blew our Christmas lights
Cousin David knew just what went wrong
So we all waited out on our front lawn
He threw the breaker and the lights came on
And we sang Silent Night, Silent Night, Oh Holy Night

Carve the turkey turn the ball game on
It’s Bloody Marys
Cause We All Want One!
Send somebody to the Stop ‘N Go
We need some celery and a can of fake snow
A bag of lemons and some Diet Sprites
A box of Tampons, some Salem Lights
Halelluja, everybody say cheese
Merry Christmas from the Family

Feliz Navidad!

TXUS on December 24, 2011 at 9:21 PM

anotherJoe on December 24, 2011 at 8:50 PM

If Huntsman had the chops to take Obama, he would’ve shown it by now. As it is, he’s made every tactical blunder it’s conceivable to make, with the biggest so far being his seemingly effortless knack in alienating the daylights out of GOP primary voters. A man that tin-eared to the pulse of the primary electorate wouldn’t stand a chance in the general against the Chicago Machine.

troyriser_gopftw on December 24, 2011 at 9:22 PM

Hello!!! want another one???

hehe

Merry Christmas to all you great folks here.

Stray Cat on December 24, 2011 at 9:02 PM

Sure! Merry Christmas! :-)

catquilt on December 24, 2011 at 9:24 PM

Merry Christmas to all; Happy Festivus to the inimitable Allahpundit.

hillbillyjim on December 24, 2011 at 9:25 PM

The War Planner on December 24, 2011 at 9:19 PM

Good call on Marizela. For many there is no peace. Just pray and soldier on.

swamp_yankee on December 24, 2011 at 9:25 PM

Jesus Saves.

Moses invests.

profitsbeard on December 24, 2011 at 8:22 PM

..but Esposito picks it it up and puts it on with a slap shot in the corner.

The War Planner on December 24, 2011 at 9:25 PM

Good call on Marizela. For many there is no peace. Just pray and soldier on.

swamp_yankee on December 24, 2011 at 9:25 PM

..and special wishes for you, old son. We have some serious work to do next year and I got your back!

The War Planner on December 24, 2011 at 9:26 PM

The War Planner on December 24, 2011 at 9:21 PM

That would be so cool,they have the best prime rib roast beef.
Appreciate the sentiment my friend…

OmahaConservative on December 24, 2011 at 9:27 PM

It seems to me Huntsman made the mistake of trying to pick and choose what states to run in. His fathers a billionaire. he’s got the money to run anywhere he wants. by depending just on new hamshire he’s making the same mistake rudy guiliani made in waiting for florida.

Mitt Romney has problems with the early states of Iowa and south carolina and possibly florida but at least he’s trying

gerrym51 on December 24, 2011 at 9:27 PM

Appreciate the sentiment my friend…

OmahaConservative on December 24, 2011 at 9:27 PM

..appreciate the posts, my brother!

The War Planner on December 24, 2011 at 9:29 PM

Happy kwanzaa to you all !!

galtani on December 24, 2011 at 9:30 PM

To heck with politics for a couple of days.

Merry Christmas to all Hot Air denizens!!

Garym on December 24, 2011 at 9:12 PM

I’ll second that. And to all our Canadian commenters (that means you canopfor) Happy Boxing Day.

And many thanks to AP, Ed, Tina and Jazz for their tireless efforts in doing the job that the MSM refuses to do.

TxAnn56 on December 24, 2011 at 9:39 PM

I’m going to ignore Mitt’s smug mug on this post and instead post some of my favorite Christmas carols and songs.

B.E. Taylor’s “Joy to the World”

Aslans Girl on December 24, 2011 at 9:45 PM

TXUS on December 24, 2011 at 9:21 PM

Ha, I was just about to put that on the stereo. We play Merry Christmas from the Family every year.

Have a great Christmas, TXUS, and everyone here at Hot Gas.

juliesa on December 24, 2011 at 9:49 PM

To heck with politics for a couple of days.

Merry Christmas to all Hot Air denizens!!

Garym on December 24, 2011 at 9:12 PM

And a very Merry Christmas to you and to all.

And, to our President, Happy Holidays or Kwanzaa, or whatever floats your wicked boat. (Sorry, couldn’t help myself.)

Gotta go, Santa’s got to get ready to visit a 9-year old.

Love y’all.

TXUS on December 24, 2011 at 9:52 PM

Enjoy…

OmahaConservative on December 24, 2011 at 9:57 PM

anotherJoe on December 24, 2011 at 8:50 PM

I agree. :-)

Punchenko on December 24, 2011 at 8:52 PM

As troy-ftw and others have said, Huntsman has run a lackadaisical to non-existent campaign. What little baggage he has (ambassador to China) means nothing to the larger electorate.
Huntsman/Rubio 2012.

egmont on December 24, 2011 at 9:57 PM

To All Crew Members,of the USS Hot Air Political Warship of da Net,
and it doesn’t matter,what part of the Globe your at,when posting,
and also,to H/A’s readership,and especially,Ed,AP,Tina,Karl,Jazz,
Patrick,J.E.Dyer,MadisonConservative,and anyone else that I might
of missed!

A Very Merry Christmas to Everyone==========================:0

canopfor on December 24, 2011 at 9:58 PM

Have a great Christmas, TXUS, and everyone here at Hot Gas.

juliesa on December 24, 2011 at 9:49 PM

Tu también, juliesa, a warm and wonderful Christmas to you and your family.

TXUS on December 24, 2011 at 9:59 PM

B.E. Taylor’s “Silent Night” (my very favorite version if this beloved classic).

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on December 24, 2011 at 9:59 PM

Gotta go, Santa’s got to get ready to visit a 9-year old.

Love y’all.

TXUS on December 24, 2011 at 9:52 PM

TXUS:Right back bat ya,its been a long day:)

canopfor on December 24, 2011 at 9:59 PM

A Very Merry Christmas to Everyone==========================:0

canopfor on December 24, 2011 at 9:58 PM

Merry Christmas to you…my Northern friend.
And all of nice people of HotAir….
well…
Even bedbug..

Electrongod on December 24, 2011 at 10:00 PM

And, to our President, Happy Holidays or Kwanzaa, RAMADAN or whatever floats your wicked boat. (Sorry, couldn’t help myself.)

TXUS on December 24, 2011 at 9:52 PM

fify

OmahaConservative on December 24, 2011 at 10:00 PM

Even bedbug..

rent free :)

egmont on December 24, 2011 at 10:01 PM

Enjoy…

OmahaConservative on December 24, 2011 at 9:57 PM

OmahaConservative:Hey OC,sweet bippy,long time no see,great to
see ya,and Merry Christmas,I do hope,your
com’n back!:):)

canopfor on December 24, 2011 at 10:02 PM

A Very Merry Christmas to Everyone==========================:0

canopfor on December 24, 2011 at 9:58 PM

Same to you my friend…

OmahaConservative on December 24, 2011 at 10:02 PM

egmont on December 24, 2011 at 10:01 PM

Yeah…

Electrongod on December 24, 2011 at 10:03 PM

How Great Thou Art

gh on December 24, 2011 at 10:03 PM

predator on December 24, 2011 at 10:03 PM

Amy Grant’s “Breath of Heaven” (my favorite modern Christmas song).

Aslans Girl on December 24, 2011 at 10:04 PM

canopfor on December 24, 2011 at 9:58 PM
==========================
Merry Christmas to you…my Northern friend.
And all of nice people of HotAir….
well…
Even bedbug..

Electrongod on December 24, 2011 at 10:00 PM

Electrongod:Merry Christmas EG,and I’m beginning to think,H/A has
been Lefty Infiltrated!!!:)

canopfor on December 24, 2011 at 10:05 PM

Mannheim Steamroller – Little Drummer Boy
******************************************

canopfor on December 24, 2011 at 10:07 PM

predator on December 24, 2011 at 10:07 PM

Electrongod on December 24, 2011 at 10:03pm

Let’s spike her eggnog with rum instead of roundup. Tis the season!

egmont on December 24, 2011 at 10:08 PM

That was Stille Nacht by Mannheim fyi.

predator on December 24, 2011 at 10:08 PM

canopfor on December 24, 2011 at __:__PM

A big, fat happy Christmas to you and to yours, canopfor.

May the Lord bless you and keep you, and may He rain blessings upon you the whole year long. Stay well, friend. BTW, thanks for keeping us smiling, especially when there is little reason but for friends like yourself. Cheers!

hillbillyjim on December 24, 2011 at 10:09 PM

Kevin Max Smith’s (formerly of DC Talk) “In the Bleak Midwinter”, this is from the out-of-print CD, “Noel” by Steve Hindalong and Derri Daughtery of The Choir. It’s one of my all-time favorite CDs and I listen to it every year.

Aslans Girl on December 24, 2011 at 10:10 PM

TWER THE NITE B’FOR CHRISTMAS IN POSSUM HOLLER.

Twer the nite b’for Christmas in Possum Holler.

Conservatives were wantin’ them Purgressives in a shock collar.

We suffered mightly in the last year.

We even had Boehner sheddin’ a few tear.

Now we gots a year ahead, to figur out who the GOP needs as a head.

We’ve had twenty years of Bushes, and looks like we might have more.

But if we do you can look fer Obama to have another four.

No Romney, No Newt no Progressives here in our town.

If we gets much kinder and gentler we’re gonna just drown.

Here in Possum Holler where hope reigns supreme.

The night before Christmas we’re celebrating the king.

PappyD61 on December 24, 2011 at 10:13 PM

Mercedes Sosa – Misa Criolla – Kyrie

sharrukin on December 24, 2011 at 10:13 PM

Linus knows best:

predator on December 24, 2011 at 10:13 PM

Linus knows best:

predator on December 24, 2011 at 10:13 PM

He sure does…

OmahaConservative on December 24, 2011 at 10:16 PM

predator on December 24, 2011 at 10:18 PM

OmahaConservative on December 24, 2011 at 10:02 PM

Long time; no speakee. I hope all is well. Best of wishes to you for this season and for the rest of the year as well.

I hope you keep contributing; you are missed.

P.S. @hawkdriver: if you’re in there, a very special Christmas wish for you and your family. Thank you so much for what you’ve done for all of us, and also for your timely and insightful contributions here on the ol’ Good Ship HotGas. To all of your brothers and sisters in arms, the same to all with heartfelt gratitude.

Back to the subject of this post; Mitt is not Ojugears; if he ends up with the nomination, I plan to back him with all I’ve got. The same goes for ABO.

Good night, all, and may Santa make it safely in and out of your chimneys, and leave something behind other than a box of rocks.

hillbillyjim on December 24, 2011 at 10:20 PM

I like and support Huntsman. However, even if the team hadn’t made the mistakes it did, I think he probably still would be behind. He is a solid conservative and to the right of Romney, but he’s also a calm, reasonable man who respects politics, science, and the world around him. Unfortunately for him, the base wants a firebreather this time around. Even at his best, it’s doubtful Huntsman can give them that. It just isn’t his time.

McDuck on December 24, 2011 at 10:20 PM

Huntsman would NOT be better than Romney

During Huntsman’s tenure, the state budget rose from $16.7 to $22.8 billion. That’s about a 36% increase. Utah saw spending increases higher than inflation and in 2006 he proposed the largest state budget in the state’s history.

Romney, on the other hand, eliminated a very large budget deficit by CUTTING spending.

Tell me, which one do we now.

Gunlock Bill on December 24, 2011 at 10:23 PM

Three cheers for Dabney Huntsman!!

Hip hip….