Obama to Barbara Walters: “I think there’s a laziness in me”

posted at 5:45 pm on December 23, 2011 by Tina Korbe

RealClearPolitics has compiled a series of little previews of the First Couple’s interview with Barbara Walters, set to air on 20/20 tonight. Every clip is notable in its own way, but this wins the award for most candid. The president — who has alternately inspired, disappointed, reignited and flamed out — admits that, deep down, he’s a little bit lazy. He thinks it stems from growing up in Hawaii, where it’s always sunny and folks sit on the beach for sport, he said. Makes you think Obama’s constant accusations that Congress does nothing might actually be transparent projections of his own disappointment in himself. Click the image to watch.

Meantime, the top clip of Michelle comes when the First Lady says it’s “practical” to put herself first. She can’t care for other if she doesn’t first care for herself. Too bad “taking care of herself” means expensing vacations to taxpayers. Click the image to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

ug… he’s supposed to be smoother than this…

Drunk Report on December 23, 2011 at 5:48 PM

You don’t say…

Golf outings almost daily.

Vacations seemingly every other week…

4 hour work days (at most).

Giving Congress ultimatums then leaving town over and over and over again…

Yep, I’d call that lazy.

wildcat72 on December 23, 2011 at 5:51 PM

Ya thnik?

lonestar1 on December 23, 2011 at 5:52 PM

2(Narcissists) = Narcissist^2

Very strange math, but true in this case.

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on December 23, 2011 at 5:53 PM

Saw this in one of the UK papers, which picked it up from the National Enquirer.

The first fashionista secretly splurged on pricey jewelry before the family’s annual holiday vaca­tion in Hawaii, which will cost taxpayers a whopping $3.2 mil­lion in airfare alone!

Now sources say her morti­fied husband, President Barack Obama, has demanded that she cut back!

“The president’s advisers have told him that Michelle’s spend­ing has spiraled ‘completely out of control’ and he needs to rein her in,” a top political source in Washington, D.C., told The ENQUIRER.

“Barack read his wife the riot act, but his words fell on deaf ears.”

The Chief Executive also begged his wife to cancel their Christmas getaway to the Aloha State and spend a week at Camp David, the presidential retreat in Maryland, instead, said the source.

“But Michelle said there was ‘no way’ she was going to disap­point their daughters Sasha and Malia and call off the Hawaii trip,” the source divulged.

“Then, to make matters worse, Barack found out that Michelle went on a shopping spree in the weeks before the trip!”

Now that’s Class.

Del Dolemonte on December 23, 2011 at 5:54 PM

She can’t care for others if her vast East Wing empire doesn’t care for her first with its billion dollar budget.

HitNRun on December 23, 2011 at 5:55 PM

I’d like to see the out-takes.

SlaveDog on December 23, 2011 at 5:55 PM

The sooner this clown circus leaves the WH the better. I never thought that the WH could be ghettosized like this.

But alas, here we are. Good times, good times.

NapaConservative on December 23, 2011 at 5:56 PM

2(Narcissists) = Narcissist^2

Very strange math, but true in this case.

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on December 23, 2011 at 5:53 PM

Not if Narcissists = 0

mabelee on December 23, 2011 at 5:57 PM

If his half white part said this does it make him a racist?

Doomsday on December 23, 2011 at 5:58 PM

wildcat72 on December 23, 2011 at 5:51 PM

Wildcat, you summed them up nicely.

MNH on December 23, 2011 at 5:58 PM

Of course he’s lazy. You don’t get elected to make decisions, then vote PRESENT! over 100 times unless you’re trying to avoid work.

GarandFan on December 23, 2011 at 6:00 PM

I’m sure that this isn’t a surprise to anyone who has had to ever work on accomplishing anything with him.

besser tot als rot on December 23, 2011 at 6:00 PM

Deep down underneath all the work I do, I think there’s a laziness in me,” Obama said.

Most truthful words he ever uttered.

“I’m basically the straight man for the Obama family,” the president said.

Heh, in so many ways…

Schadenfreude on December 23, 2011 at 6:02 PM

bama to Barbara Walters: “I think there’s a laziness in me”

That laziness is called “liberalism.”

gryphon202 on December 23, 2011 at 6:02 PM

Michelle’s face speaks a million words.

Schadenfreude on December 23, 2011 at 6:03 PM

If his half white part said this does it make him a racist?

Doomsday on December 23, 2011 at 5:58 PM

Maybe. But it’s definitely racist of you to point out that he’s half white. And it’s even more racist of me to point out that he’s probably at least 1/4 Arab on his Muslim father’s side.

No worries … I am reporting us both to AttaaaaaackWaaaatch.

Jaibones on December 23, 2011 at 6:05 PM

Stupidity, fo shizzle.

You owe me a laptop, Tina. Really. My laptop ran away when I clicked on that image. I found it drowning itself in Listerine. An Apple would be cherry, thanks.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on December 23, 2011 at 6:06 PM

And a bear craps in the woods. Why not tell us something we don’t already know Champ? Like who ordered the Fast and Furious Operation? And when are heads gonna roll at the DOJ and ATF?

Also, when I read part of the transcript of Michelle’s interview I noticed there was a part that went like this:

Walters: “So what do you do?”

Obama: “Make sure I get my exercise in so I work out as much as he works out.”

Walters: “I hear more.”

Obama: “I do now. He’s been busier. Spending time with girlfriends. Going out. You know, pulling in people in my life who give me strength and joy.”

Of course I know what she meant, but you can bet your sweet bippy that part of her answer would have been snipped and trumpeted far and wide if this had been a Republican’s wife.

Flora Duh on December 23, 2011 at 6:07 PM

That laziness is called “liberalism.”

gryphon202 on December 23, 2011 at 6:02 PM

Success via affirmative action will make one a little lazy.

predator on December 23, 2011 at 6:07 PM

Michelle’s face speaks a million words.

Schadenfreude on December 23, 2011 at 6:03 PM

Well, she is a giver. I’ve always been a sucker for warmhearted, generous, happy women.

a capella on December 23, 2011 at 6:09 PM

Now that’s Class.

Del Dolemonte on December 23, 2011 at 5:54 PM

Moochelle isn’t going to back away from anything. Especially a buffet table.

Let’s just say someone with as “ample” a caboose as she has accumulated has no place telling US what to eat.

And there is no doubt as to who runs that family. Barry hasn’t the guts to stand up to her.

wildcat72 on December 23, 2011 at 6:10 PM

Objectively speaking. The obamas are the penultimate object of hate for the ows folks.

tom daschle concerned on December 23, 2011 at 6:11 PM

Self-centered witch

Schadenfreude on December 23, 2011 at 6:11 PM

not to be all marxist and everything, but these guys actually represent the epitome of false consciousness….morons voting for these people because they too stupid to know what is in their own best interests.

Of course, i know that for many it is in their economic interests (walking around money, graft, cronyism, etc.)…but still

r keller on December 23, 2011 at 6:11 PM

Circuses and clowns s/b indignant.

The land s/b ashamed, daily.

Schadenfreude on December 23, 2011 at 6:13 PM

“I think there’s a laziness in me”

You have the give the man credit for admitting this. I dislike the man’s politics greatly but I think we all tend to forget he is a human. I think he does too, but you have to admire his courage to even say one thing bad about himself. It’s usually Bush, right?

Although, perhaps it’s purely political….

I hope it was just legitimate humility.

Gatekeeper on December 23, 2011 at 6:15 PM

tom daschle concerned on December 23, 2011 at 6:11 PM

As someone here opined some time back, the Obamas view themselves as American Royalty. They think we ENJOY watching them jet set around, eat exotic food, and vacation every three weeks.

Instead, I am repulsed. I have no problem with rich people doing these things ON THEIR OWN DIME, but the Obamas are doing it ON OURS.

I haven’t had a raise since this clown took over. I struggle to afford GAS to get to work. I for damn sure don’t appreciate watching these people live the high life without regard whatsoever for making things possible for the private economy to recover.

wildcat72 on December 23, 2011 at 6:15 PM

This is a petty writeup by Tina Korbe which tries to make something out of nothing. And I say that as someone who despises Obama and think he has been a disaster as President.

But, if we are going to try to analyze these few seconds and draw some kind of meaning out of it, I think Obama, who is cognizant of the fact that he is viewed as narcissistic and overly self-complimentary, just wanted to use this “lazy” answer as an opportunity to try to show some humility… though it didn’t work. Also, notice how he can’t help patting himself on the back just a little bit… he has to say, “despite all my accomplishments, deep down there is some laziness.”

I still don’t understand how so many people fell in love with this character. He is snooty, cold, seems unhappy as president and disdainful of a large portion of America.

bluegill on December 23, 2011 at 6:15 PM

Yep, I’d call that lazy.

wildcat72 on December 23, 2011 at 5:51 PM

..actually, he’s had to work really hard at doing all of that stuff. No wonder he needs so much time to relax!

The War Planner on December 23, 2011 at 6:16 PM

She is going to be really PO’d when the citizens of the country cut off her cash flow next November. I really despise these people.

Spectreman on December 23, 2011 at 6:18 PM

Michelle’s face speaks a million words.

Schadenfreude on December 23, 2011 at 6:03 PM

Last month P-BS ran an installment of “In Performance at the White House” that paid tribute to country music. She and O’bama were in the front row, along with the Mother-In-Law.

Mooshelle never smiled once.

Del Dolemonte on December 23, 2011 at 6:18 PM

..he has to say, “despite all my accomplishments, deep down there is some laziness.”

bluegill on December 23, 2011 at 6:15 PM

The guy just wreaks with ego and condescension. You analysis is good but I would hasten to add that his reason for deprecating himself like this is to elicit pity from us.

I got no time for him and, hopefully after January 2013, he’ll get tossed like a used piece of Kleenex toilet paper.

The War Planner on December 23, 2011 at 6:20 PM

The War Planner on December 23, 2011 at 6:16 PM

I do more work before Noon any given day than Obama does all week.

And I am at work every morning at 7:30 AM. I don’t think Obama has showed up before 9… EVER.

And Obama has taken more vacations in the last 3 years than I have my entire lifetime.

So yes, I begrudge all this. Especially when he could take his get-aways at Camp David (which is fully staffed and taxpayer funded) any time he wishes to and MUCH less expense than his exotic jet set life.

wildcat72 on December 23, 2011 at 6:21 PM

God, what unpleasant and downright despicable people they are. Can’t wait for the precious moment they are gone forever from the White House. Every single day thereafter, no matter what happens, will be like Christmas.

TXUS on December 23, 2011 at 6:21 PM

So Michelle Obama isn’t really a marxist, she’s a follower of Ayn Rand?

Omega_Rage on December 23, 2011 at 6:21 PM

Blame the laziness on climate change my hapa-haole brah.

racquetballer on December 23, 2011 at 6:22 PM

the problem is that we’re in a ‘cult of personality’ era…Obama/wife are Celebs. The left/media have longed for a ‘Camelot’…and this has benefited barry and michelle greatly

Barbara WaWa is a Celeb journo…soft focus stories, sob stories, gossip, etc.

So barry plays this for all its worth…and yes, dear conservatives, in the tv era, it is worth a huge amount. There are millions of people that go for a ‘cult of personality’.

Just like there a thousands of people who are desperate for Air Jordons.

r keller on December 23, 2011 at 6:24 PM

laziness

Ed’s excellent daily feature, the Obamamateurism of the Day, could have some spinoffs:

I’ve already suggested Barackorruption of the Day a few times…

Ed could also start this every M – F:
Husseindolence of the Day

With a good research team involved, there would be no lack of material.

itsnotaboutme on December 23, 2011 at 2:46 PM

itsnotaboutme on December 23, 2011 at 6:24 PM

…that’s what happens when I get careless with copy-n-paste :)

itsnotaboutme on December 23, 2011 at 6:25 PM

..the precious moment they are gone forever from the White House. Every single day thereafter, no matter what happens, will be like Christmas.

TXUS on December 23, 2011 at 6:21 PM

Like the [re]creation of the world in all its glory! It will be like when the Clintons left the White House cubed raised to the 100th power.

The War Planner on December 23, 2011 at 6:26 PM

Mooshelle never smiled once.

Del Dolemonte on December 23, 2011 at 6:18 PM

Did she lean over to Obama with a disgusted look on her face while shaking her head disapprovingly and ask, “all that for a bitter religion & gun-clinger who sings through their nose”?

Flora Duh on December 23, 2011 at 6:28 PM

“I think there’s a laziness in me”

No problemo. Don’t waste time feel in’ guilty, bro. Take some time off.
Joe can run the country, right? It’s all good.

Kenosha Kid on December 23, 2011 at 6:29 PM

Good grief, this woman has her mother living with her, a cfulltime cook to fix all of her meals, servants who clean her house and take care of her laundry and dry cleaning, and a taxpayer-paid staff to manage her “work.” Yeah, she’s EXACTLY like today’s exhausted working mothers who have no time to take care of themselves.

And as for him, I sure would like to see any other executive making $400,000 a year who shows up for work at 10 and leaves at 4. I don’t know what else you would call that except lazy.

How dare they? I mean, really, how dare they??

rockmom on December 23, 2011 at 6:29 PM

Do I detect a pattern ?

The election was ” American Idol”.
Since then it’s been “Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous”
What will the next year be ?

“Lost”?

“Are you smarter than a 5-year old” ?

Hopefully it’ll be “Atlas Shrugged”.

amadan on December 23, 2011 at 6:30 PM

I never thought that the WH could be ghettosized like this.

You’re not helping. Guarantee your comment will end up on LGF. You might not care but it’s all arsenal against the right ultimately.

Capitalist Hog on December 23, 2011 at 6:32 PM

Mooshelle never smiled once.

Del Dolemonte on December 23, 2011 at 6:18 PM

What did you expect, you think she actually likes that redneck music? A poker face is one thing she does not have.

rockmom on December 23, 2011 at 6:33 PM

Probably a libtard plant. I can’t believe I fell for that.

Capitalist Hog on December 23, 2011 at 6:33 PM

Exit question: How much is the RNC paying the Obamas to write anti-Obama commercials for them?
Whatever it is, it is worth every dime.

BRunner on December 23, 2011 at 6:34 PM

I wish Obama was lazy. He currently is running laps around the GOP. I WISH TP was viable but it’s not — only the candidates are. All you cons trying to sabotage the GOP in favor of TP are making a huge mistake.

This party is a two party country. Currently the dumber party is in charge. But if the correct among us continue to act like the dumber among us we will become the dumb.

Don’t become the dumb. Avoid the noid!

Capitalist Hog on December 23, 2011 at 6:36 PM

Oh, please. Obama — any president — has done more work by Wednesday noon than most people, including you and I, get done by Friday night. Officially he’s spent significantly fewer days on vacation than Bush had at this point in his presidency, and Reagan was famous for his low work ethic and yet is worshiped like a God. And Michelle is clearly talking in her “just us girls” voice to her core constituency, working women who also carry the brunt of the domestic chores, telling them what they want (and often need) to hear.

urban elitist on December 23, 2011 at 6:36 PM

rockmom on December 23, 2011 at 6:33 PM

And, you can bet she likes all that gangsta rap crap.

TXUS on December 23, 2011 at 6:36 PM

Also, not nice to post those clips so close together so close to dinner time.

Capitalist Hog on December 23, 2011 at 6:36 PM

Obama to Barbara Walters: “I think there’s a laziness stupidity in me”

Any laziness in you only accrues to the benefit of the nation. I wish you played golf very waking moment … in the south of France.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on December 23, 2011 at 6:37 PM

And part of the job, by the way, is that we pay for their vacations. God Forbid Jeb Bush and his wife should get into the White House, they’ll make the Obamas look like bargain shoppers.

urban elitist on December 23, 2011 at 6:38 PM

Never knew Michelle was an Ayn Rand fangirl. Good to know.

I assume she’s fresh off reading The Virtue of Selfishness.

thehungarian on December 23, 2011 at 6:39 PM

urban elitist on December 23, 2011 at 6:38 PM

I’d get that checked, if I were you. You are clearly not well.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on December 23, 2011 at 6:39 PM

Michelle’s face speaks a million words.

Schadenfreude on December 23, 2011 at 6:03 PM

Mooshelle never smiled once.

Del Dolemonte on December 23, 2011 at 6:18 PM

She appears to only applaud when it’s herself that’s being applauded. Meaning, when she isn’t the object of adoration, she’s not happy.

Lourdes on December 23, 2011 at 6:41 PM

bluegill on December 23, 2011 at 6:15 PM

Petty? Every other political blog is also covering it, even Puffington Host. Politico has it, as does The Atlantic. USA Today is reporting it, as are all of the major networks.

Do a Google News Search-you will get over 800 results.

Del Dolemonte on December 23, 2011 at 6:41 PM

How dare they? I mean, really, how dare they??

rockmom on December 23, 2011 at 6:29 PM

Calling him an “executive” is kind of a stretch. He’d last about 10 minutes in my mailroom or cleaning out the horse stalls at my ranch, the only two jobs, based on experience and prior job performance, he’d be potentially qualified for, and even that’s a stretch.

TXUS on December 23, 2011 at 6:41 PM

Hey, why are we complaining? We should only be so lucky that all the Obama’s spent of our money was whatever it costs to jet them across the world for vacations.

I mean, seriously, let the man vacation. The less time he spends in DC, the better.

Timin203 on December 23, 2011 at 6:42 PM

Lazy and selfish…

…and arrogant to talk about who they without any qualms there might be repercussions.

This is not what you call leadership or they’d actually care about setting an exemplary example to others.

INC on December 23, 2011 at 6:42 PM

urban elitist on December 23, 2011 at 6:36 PM

LOL. I’m a working mom and I sure don’t need any faux sympathy from this jackass, nor do I consider her remotely an example. She has more in common with Oprah than with me, in her $700 sneakers and $42,000 bracelets. I can’t even afford $100 for a new suit.

You are sadly mistaken if you think she is helping Barack at all with actual working women.

rockmom on December 23, 2011 at 6:43 PM

Current POTUS notwithstanding, that’s not lazy. That’s happy. Be happy for yourself. You’ll like it. When you can afford to STOP giving your time to somebody else. If you’re a business owner that’s one of the best perks of success – autonomy.

(You have to bust your butt to make it. But those who choose to work 12 hours a day after the income is flowing are missing the point of being alive. There is nothing or no one in my office that is more interesting or important than anybody in my family.)

Begrudging wealth is the height of liberalism. Money does not make me happy. But it sure does make me happier than I would be without it.

Capitalist Hog on December 23, 2011 at 6:44 PM

rockmom on December 23, 2011 at 6:29 PM

Yeah, I hear you.

bluegill on December 23, 2011 at 6:15 PM

The Obamas are the ones who are petty.

INC on December 23, 2011 at 6:44 PM

And also, we should start being precise about who these people really are. Marxists not. Per Marx, they are Bourgeois Socialists:

A part of the bourgeoisie is desirous of redressing social grievances in order to secure the continued existence of bourgeois society.

To this section belong economists, philanthropists, humanitarians, improvers of the condition of the working class, organisers of charity, members of societies for the prevention of cruelty to animals, temperance fanatics, hole-and-corner reformers of every imaginable kind. This form of socialism has, moreover, been worked out into complete systems.

pretty funny stuff…and then there’s this:

Free trade: for the benefit of the working class. Protective duties: for the benefit of the working class. Prison Reform: for the benefit of the working class. This is the last word and the only seriously meant word of bourgeois socialism.

It is summed up in the phrase: the bourgeois is a bourgeois — for the benefit of the working class.

Marx was actually rather astute about some things

r keller on December 23, 2011 at 6:44 PM

The level of hatred of Michelle Obama must be high when she merely repeats a message one might here from Oprah, from every therapist worth their degree and in any 12 step/support group. The notion of taking care of yourself puts you in a place to help others isn’t just a message for the very wealthy or for those with assistants (I also love how your insinuation is that people with the Obama’s resources don’t work hard, even as you defend the 1% as “hard workers” hilarity). It is a message against co-dependency, against sacrificing yourself for others, against passive aggressive self martyrdom. So, I just don’t understand the hatred for this statement and the message, its a basic message around emotional health.

Now, of course, single moms working two jobs have very little time and space to actually take time for themselves, but isn’t that an argument against the way capitalism exploits certain labor and rewards others? Even when that other labor is significantly easier in certain ways. Michlle Obama didn’t invent capitalism and so to get on her case for trying to bring a message of emotional self help to all women is incredibly hypocritical. And kind of mean spirited, this woman hasn’t done anything to the American people.

I never thought that the WH could be ghettosized like this.

This is what I meant when I said, I don’t understand why the right is clutching its pearls over the Ron Paul newsletters, explicitly racist crap like this is allowed.

libfreeordie on December 23, 2011 at 6:45 PM

Mooshelle never smiled once.

Del Dolemonte on December 23, 2011 at 6:18 PM

Flora Duh on December 23, 2011 at 6:28 PM

I was too busy losing my dinner-the performers list was a Joke.

To the O’bamas, James Taylor is a “country artist”, as is Darius Rucker from Hootie and the Blowfish. Both of them were presented as the “best” American Country Music has to offer. The entire evening was a sad joke.

Del Dolemonte on December 23, 2011 at 6:45 PM

I think there’s a laziness in me.

That’s about as shocking as Linda Lovelace saying I think there’s normally something in my throat.

Phoenix7 on December 23, 2011 at 6:45 PM

Whenever I see Michelle Obama’s mug, I think “We finally got our piece of the pie” and I believe in my heart that this one phrase from The Jefferson’s theme song describes exactly how she feels about being in the White House.

Mr_Magoo on December 23, 2011 at 6:46 PM

TXUS on December 23, 2011 at 6:41 PM

My boss makes about the same money as Obama, but he is in the office at 7:30 every morning (with an hour commute) and is usually the last one to leave at night. He made six business trips last month, flying coach and driving himself to the airport. I’ve never see anyone so hardworking.

Oh yeah, his job is trying to make sense of the million new laws and regulations that are hamstringing our company.

rockmom on December 23, 2011 at 6:46 PM

YA THINK, bong breath?

Reaganite Republican on December 23, 2011 at 6:46 PM

libfreeordie on December 23, 2011 at 6:45 PM

Hi, Michelle! How are things in my old home town of Kailua? I heard it rained there yesterday.

Del Dolemonte on December 23, 2011 at 6:47 PM

here has been criticism of the president’s vacation at this time. But how does the number of vacation days the president has spent compare to his predecessors? CBS Radio’s Mark Knoller has kept track of presidential vacations for years and supplied the data.

So far, President Obama has taken 61 vacation days after 31 months in office. At this point in their presidencies, George W. Bush had spent 180 days at his ranch where his staff often joined him for meetings. And Ronald Reagan had taken 112 vacation days at his ranch.

Among recent presidents, Bill Clinton took the least time off — 28 days.

To be fair, a presidential vacation away from the White House is not the same as a vacation for the average person. The president is still in contact with his advisers and on call for any emergency.

rockmom on December 23, 2011 at 6:43 PM

Note that Oprah is far richer than Michelle and has a passionate following…you’re predisposed to dislike Michelle, but a lot of people go for the “we’re all in this together” stuff. Remember, both Bush’s played the “just us folks” card to great effect.

urban elitist on December 23, 2011 at 6:47 PM

libfreeordie on December 23, 2011 at 6:45 PM

She wasn’t talking about other people with the Obama’s resources, but about MO.

MO’s message is not about emotional health, but about selfishness.

INC on December 23, 2011 at 6:48 PM

If you’re a business owner that’s one of the best perks of success – autonomy.

Capitalist Hog on December 23, 2011 at 6:44 PM

You have no idea what you’re talking about. Productive, creative people would like to be able to be working and producing 24 hours a day. That’s what they live for, not to make just enough money to take some time off. Your sense of what drives people is really off.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on December 23, 2011 at 6:48 PM

I can’t even afford $100 for a new suit.

Make more money. Or exit stage LEFT where your whining is welcomed. I can’t stand when people whine about being broke. Dignity would have you working harder and speaking less.

0bama’s are already wealth-jealous on your behalf. You don’t need to help them.

Capitalist Hog on December 23, 2011 at 6:49 PM

urban elitist on December 23, 2011 at 6:36 PM

It’s ok to admit it out loud. Really, it is.

Flora Duh on December 23, 2011 at 6:49 PM

libfreeordie on December 23, 2011 at 6:45 PM

Tell us again how the O’bamas got those “resources”.

F-

Del Dolemonte on December 23, 2011 at 6:49 PM

Not as much as it is an indictment of our horrible tax system that forces mothers to work and stick their kids in daycares, and a “feminist” movement that has not done jack squat to actually make work fairer for women, especially women who choose to have children and not to abort them. You REALLY don’t want to get me started in this issue, pal.

No she hasn’t done anything FOR the American people either. And she and her husband are working very hard to destroy capitalism, so neither me nor my husband will be working much longer.

rockmom on December 23, 2011 at 6:51 PM

Capitalist Hog on December 23, 2011 at 6:49 PM

You must not know much at all about rockmom to write something like that. Your words really don’t apply to her.

INC on December 23, 2011 at 6:53 PM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on December 23, 2011 at 6:48 PM

I call people that would rather work 24 hours a day than be with their friends and family … BORING.

I am also VERY VERY suspicious of men who care to spend a lot of time away from home.

I have production credits on 2 documentaries. I work with artists and “creative people” all the time.

It still feels good to arrive late enough or leave early enough to beat traffic.

Capitalist Hog on December 23, 2011 at 6:54 PM

urban elitist on December 23, 2011 at 6:36 PM

Oh, please. Don’t insult our intelligence.

Your “officially” cite comes from C-BS “News”, which as you recall was exposed a few years back for trying to influence a Presidential election by airing a series of stories based on forged documents.

And the WaPo also tried the same trick with Bush. They were later busted for journalistic malpractice when it was discovered how they “calculated” Bush’s “vacation days”.

It turns out that even if Bush only spent 1 hour out out of an entire day in Texas, going from his ranch to the airport to board AF 1 to fly back to D.C., the Democrats at the WaPo tallied it as an entire vacation day.

F+ for effort.

Del Dolemonte on December 23, 2011 at 6:54 PM

0bama’s are already wealth-jealous on your behalf. You don’t need to help them.

Capitalist Hog on December 23, 2011 at 6:49 PM

Hey, I’m not whining, I am damn happy to even have a job after Obama and the Democrats nearly destroyed my entire industry. I just went back to work after nearly three years of unemployment. Unfortunately, I am not like Michelle Obama so I cannot go convince some hospital to create a BS “public affairs” job that pays me $350,000 a year. I have to actually take and live on the salary of the one job that I was able to land after three years pounding pavements in this Obama economy. And it is a good job, I am very lucky, I just don’t have any money to spend “taking care of myself” right now. So Michelle’s words ring a bit hollow for me.

rockmom on December 23, 2011 at 6:56 PM

I work with artists and “creative people” all the time.

Capitalist Hog on December 23, 2011 at 6:54 PM

I was talking about intellectually creative people, not artistically. Art is really of very little consequence to the advancement of a society. It’s true that art was the high-tech of the time, once. Very, very long ago on cave walls and with the start of etched/written language, but since then it’s just another piece of entertainment for the most part and not nearly the most important one.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on December 23, 2011 at 7:00 PM

Obama couldn’t even show up to his victory-lap press conference on time today. He was 50 minutes late for his announcement that bin Laden was dead. Not only does this indicate laziness, it is classic passive-aggressive action that says “I can make you bend to my schedule and show up whenever the hell I feel like it, and you peons can suck it.”

rockmom on December 23, 2011 at 7:01 PM

Reagan was famous for his low work ethic and yet is worshiped like a God.

urban elitist on December 23, 2011 at 6:36 PM

Reagan spent every Christmas in the White House, so the Secret Service members who guarded him could spend the holidays with their families. This jackass dragged them all 3000 miles from home so he could play on the beach.

rockmom on December 23, 2011 at 7:04 PM

I’d like to see the out-takes.

SlaveDog on December 23, 2011 at 5:55 PM

Second that motion.
Who would we have to bribe at ABC to get our hands on those?

listens2glenn on December 23, 2011 at 7:05 PM

ug… he’s supposed to be smoother than this…

Drunk Report on December 23, 2011 at 5:48 PM

That’s what happens when you go off teleprompter….

ProfShadow on December 23, 2011 at 7:05 PM

rockmom on December 23, 2011 at 6:46 PM

I hear ya. My typical day, and every other CEO I know, whether in medium-size or large publicly-traded companies: Up at 5, to office at 7, deal with correspondence, meetings conference calls throughout morning, in-office lunch meeting, more meetings and conference calls. Leave at 7 or 8, often to a business dinner or function, home at 10 or so. Plus, lots of business travel from coast to coast and overseas. Maybe one weekend day off, but even that’s down at the ranch where everyone, including me, is working much of the time.

I don’t know any senior level executive anywhere that doesn’t have something of a similar schedule, and this lazy-ass in the White House decries our salaries and earnings while he, himself, works at best 5 hours a day and golfs and vacations and does God knows what the rest of the time.

TXUS on December 23, 2011 at 7:06 PM

Capitalist Hog on December 23, 2011 at 6:54 PM

Do you mean that you think they are cheating on their spouses or are you referring to something else?

McDuck on December 23, 2011 at 7:09 PM

You know the Reagans set an example for spending Christmas in D.C.

GHWB, Clinton and GWB were all at the WH or at Camp David for Christmas.

INC on December 23, 2011 at 7:11 PM

urban elitist on December 23, 2011 at 6:47 PM

Well, I never was able to watch Oprah’s TV show because it was on at 4:00 in the afternoon WHEN MOST PEOPLE ARE WORKING. So I don’t get her either.

rockmom on December 23, 2011 at 7:13 PM

Reagan was famous for his perceived low work ethic and yet is worshiped like a God.

urban elitist on December 23, 2011 at 6:36 PM

FIFY.

Reminds me of corporations that value people who work 80 hours a week. How many of those hours are productive? Just because he may have worked a “40 hour week” doesn’t mean he wasn’t an effective President.

Obama is both a slackard and ineffective…

Mr_Magoo on December 23, 2011 at 7:13 PM

Calling a black man lazy? Why that’s…that’s…RAAAAAAAAAAAAAACIST!

Doug Piranha on December 23, 2011 at 7:14 PM

The president … admits that … he’s a little bit lazy.

That’s why he wanted to become Prezuhdunce–instant pension, endless perks–he retires and never has to work another day in his life! No, wait, he hasn’t worked a day yet.

the First Lady … can’t care for others if she doesn’t first care for herself.

Who’s she crappin’? She doesn’t care about anybody but herself anyway!

stukinIL4now on December 23, 2011 at 7:17 PM

INC on December 23, 2011 at 6:53 PM

I only know her by her own words, very few of them. I will keep watch to see if I believe I was mistaken in my assessment of what sounds like typical whining to me.

McDuck on December 23, 2011 at 7:09 PM

I mean that guys who don’t won’t to go home, don’t want to be at home. Men that don’t want to be at home will find somewhere else to take off their shoes for a bit.

But now that you mention it, probably a little of both. God tells me that both are sins. Personally, I have less far regard for adulterers than monogamous gays. Personally, not politically.

Capitalist Hog on December 23, 2011 at 7:20 PM

urban elitist on December 23, 2011 at 6:47 PM

Ha! Michelle doesn’t feel we are all in this together or have the time to play that card. At least Oprah probably has some affinity to it.

The Bush family never “played the card” – they lived it.

In November of 1951, the Bushes purchased a larger home for their growing family at 1412 W. Ohio Avenue. This home was built in 1939, but by the time the Bush Family occupied the Home, it had two additions bringing the size to 1547 square-feet plus a detached garage.

That’s 1547 square feet in case you missed it…

Mr_Magoo on December 23, 2011 at 7:20 PM

Michelle will drive the liberal libs crazy…now it is revealed Michelle is a closet follower of Ayn Rand and her Objectivism philosphy: “…that the proper moral purpose of one’s life is the pursuit of one’s own happiness (or rational self-interest)”.
(Bet Michelle didn’t even realize it.)

albill on December 23, 2011 at 7:22 PM

You know the Reagans set an example for spending Christmas in D.C.

INC on December 23, 2011 at 7:11 PM

Yes, he did. Can you imagine getting a Christmas message like this from the “lazy” Boy King?

Flora Duh on December 23, 2011 at 7:23 PM