New “American Crossroads” ad: A salute to the fourth-greatest president in American history

posted at 9:19 pm on December 22, 2011 by Allahpundit

C’mon. Fourth behind LBJ? The guy who set us on the road to fiscal ruin by passing America’s first unsustainable health-care entitlement and ended up sinking us deep into Vietnam? The One’s number three at least, with room to grow. What happens when unemployment falls to “only” eight percent? Watch your back, Franklin Roosevelt.

Beneath that, via RCP, some yuletide fun tracking O as he does his Christmas shopping. The magic moment comes at around 2:35 when he goes to the register, whips out his credit card, and wonders aloud whether it’s still good anymore. Thanks for the free national debt/S&P downgrade attack ad, champ. Happy holidays.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

He’s the first black president.

He.must.not.fail.

rickyricardo on December 23, 2011 at 1:10 AM

I think he needs to spend more time with his family.

Permanently.

PattyJ on December 23, 2011 at 1:18 AM

I can’t imagineLincoln claiming to be one of the 4 best, and he was one of only 16 at the time.

Lisa Gronyitz on December 23, 2011 at 1:33 AM

KOOL_AID,is Strong with this Won!

canopfor on December 22, 2011 at 9:54 PM
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Did you need me?

KOOLAID2 on December 23, 2011 at 1:41 AM

Jimmy Carter is not included…so I’m not falling for any of this!

KOOLAID2 on December 23, 2011 at 1:42 AM

Did you need me?

KOOLAID2 on December 23, 2011 at 1:41 AM

Hey, Koolaid!!!!!

Yes, I’m a child of the 70s. Why do you ask?

nukemhill on December 23, 2011 at 1:56 AM

Did you need me?

KOOLAID2 on December 23, 2011 at 1:41 AM

You should have jumped in shouting “OOH YEAH!”

Daemonocracy on December 23, 2011 at 2:56 AM

Delusional.

KMC1 on December 23, 2011 at 3:08 AM

how does he keep that big head atop his narrow shoulders?

wodiej on December 23, 2011 at 4:24 AM

The Hussein is such an asshat that he has separated himself from reality. He is truly ripe for residence within a mental facility. Unfortunately, he is also very dangerous.

elihu on December 23, 2011 at 4:43 AM

WOW… Just fourth? I figured his ego would at least make it top 2. What a laughing stock we are.

Perry 2012 the end of an error!

iidvbii on December 23, 2011 at 5:57 AM

Maybe, this B+, president wasn’t rated by S&P yet? Perhaps, he meant 4th grade, though not one fourth grader I’ve ever taught thought we were composed of 57 states.
I suppose if you mark on a curve and include Joe Biden as a president….

Don L on December 23, 2011 at 6:04 AM

Maybe he means 4th best in the last 4.

angrymike on December 23, 2011 at 6:45 AM

This is a terrible photo-op. Not only do we have the line mentioned by AP about the President wondering if his credit card still works, but it is clear to anyone who has a dog that Barack Obama is not a dog person.

Add to that Keith Koffler’s question of whether or not Bo (not to be confused with B.O.) was flown in special from Hawaii, where he was supposedly already on vacation with Michelle and the girls, for this photo-op. How much did that set back American taxpayers?

Check out Darkhorse2012′s take on “optics-al illusions“. Optics are more important than reality to politicians these days.

Ordinary American on December 23, 2011 at 7:07 AM

Yeah, he does have a lot in common with LBJ. Both have an ego the size of mount Rushmore. LBJ thought he and his advisers were smarter than anyone in the Pentagon and history shows us how that turned out. Then there’s this fool! He’s so great, petty socialist dictators laugh at him, literally! In the immortal words of the great Bugs Bunny, “What a maroon!”

Boats48 on December 23, 2011 at 7:29 AM

The ad was tame to the point of being lame. No guts, no glory.

swinia sutki on December 23, 2011 at 7:41 AM

Seriously, I would rank him as the GREATEST PRESIDENT in American history .

For deficit spending and getting passed the most massive entitlement in human history.

His signature achievement even named after him, ObamaCare will be the biggest liberty robbing wrench ever thrown in the economy. And the “death panels” and rationing will lead to millions dying earlier than necessary. It truly will be the plague on America. So in the sense of what’s been done for the future of our nation………

He is number one.

All hail…… Barack the Great!

America’s chickens………..

PappyD61 on December 23, 2011 at 8:01 AM

Did you need me?

KOOLAID2 on December 23, 2011 at 1:41 AM

You should have jumped in shouting “OOH YEAH!”

Daemonocracy on December 23, 2011 at 2:56

That is hilarious!!!!

Happy holidays everyone!

bfinstock79 on December 23, 2011 at 8:10 AM

He’s the first black president.

He.must.not.fail.

rickyricardo on December 23, 2011 at 1:10 AM

What’s his skin color got to do with it anything relevant?

He.already.failed.

freedomfirst on December 23, 2011 at 8:23 AM

it is clear to anyone who has a dog that Barack Obama is not a dog person.

Ordinary American on December 23, 2011 at 7:07 AM

Sorry if I’m offending any conservative dog owners, but that dog is ugly. I’m admittely not much of a dog lover, but members of my family are, and I recognize cute.

MisterElephant on December 23, 2011 at 8:27 AM

What’s his skin color got to do with it anything relevant?

He.already.failed.

freedomfirst on December 23, 2011 at 8:23 AM

Need coffee….can’t compose thoughts on keyboard!

freedomfirst on December 23, 2011 at 8:29 AM

What’s his skin color got to do with it anything relevant?

He.already.failed.

freedomfirst on December 23, 2011 at 8:23 AM

I wouldn’t use the past tense just yet.

He.is.failing.continually.

Finbar on December 23, 2011 at 8:37 AM

Well, heck, let’s just re-carve Mount Rushmore! /sarc

RDH on December 23, 2011 at 8:43 AM

Oh, c’mon, people, Obama was talking about ‘legislative achievements.’ Using that standard, and disregarding whether or not the ‘achievements’ were a good or bad thing, he is probably correct.

If you love your government gigantic and all up in your business all of the time, then Barack Obama is your guy, just like LBJ was your guy.

If you think a runaway, society devouring, juggernaut government is a bad thing, then Obama is a catastrophe.

fadetogray on December 23, 2011 at 9:06 AM

The lineup should be: Buchanan, Carter, LBJ, Obama. They are all abysmal.

Throat Wobbler Mangrove on December 23, 2011 at 9:13 AM

What’s a Best Buy card???? Really? I thought He was ONE with the proletariat.

Cacher on December 23, 2011 at 9:14 AM

Obama was selected 4th best President by the top three: Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Hugo Chavez, and Kim Jong-IlUn. Muammar Gaddafi was not available for comment.

Steve Z on December 23, 2011 at 9:25 AM

He’s not even the fourth worst President.

eyedoc on December 23, 2011 at 10:10 AM

They picked the 4 greatest communist this country ever had. Lincoln the racist, communist who crossed America’s Rubicon, destroyed state’s rights & established big socialist government all at the point of a very bloody bayonet! FDR, Lincoln’s heir apparent who destroyed self determination, & LBJ, Roosevelt’s prodigal son, and finely Obama the accumulation of the other 3 communist idiots! If the Founding Fathers were alive they would have hung all 4!

Confederate on December 23, 2011 at 10:57 AM

no wonder my best buy orders didn’t arrive on time. they were all two busy filming the great leader doing his christmas shopping.

that makes me feel better.

acyl72 on December 23, 2011 at 10:58 AM

HA! The Ego has landed.

blowing smoke on December 23, 2011 at 11:18 AM

The Ego has landed.

blowing smoke on December 23, 2011 at 11:18 AM

Love it! And how true.

Ordinary American on December 23, 2011 at 11:33 AM

C’mon. Fourth behind LBJ?

Ya’ll forgot. LBJ, whose soulful eyes I can still see surrounded by those hound dog ears (sortuv like O’s big ears), entoned solemnly “Ah weel knot seeek re-electshun…”

Maybe, hopefully……….

avagreen on December 23, 2011 at 12:14 PM

(And, Ah say that as a loyal Texan who wuz proud to see him finally make that statement.
First intelligent thing he ever said or did. God bless his little pointed head.

avagreen on December 23, 2011 at 12:16 PM

LBJ is on the list? Haha

Freeloader on December 23, 2011 at 3:37 PM

I like the “sponsored by Solyndra” note at the beginning. That was a nice touch.

Ezekiel37 on December 23, 2011 at 5:21 PM

He kept saying “Merry Christmas” to everyone! How did he know that none of those people were devout Jews, Kwanzaa-ists, or Wiccans? What an intolerant society we live in. :(((((

ClassicalMusicNerd on December 23, 2011 at 6:11 PM

If BHO is the fourth greatest president,
I really need a fifth.

mediamime on December 23, 2011 at 7:16 PM

The forth greatest ever…on the list compiled by our enemies maybe.

conservativecaveman on December 24, 2011 at 9:50 AM

He’s the first black president.

He.must.not.fail.

rickyricardo on December 23, 2011 at 1:10 AM

The first half-black president. As everyone knows, blacks are superior in sprinting events so that makes Obowma halfassed.

dthorny on December 24, 2011 at 12:30 PM

Oh-my-gosh!!!!

I just felt tingles go up my legs!

I feel tingles all over me!

The room is filled with light and I hear angels singing!

Watching my Lord, Savior, Messiah, Guru, Master, Barack Hussein Obama II walk among the people like that put me in a state of unfathomable, inspeakable ecstacy! I am in Divine Bliss, beyond words, beyond reasoning!

He reminded me of Jesus the Christ walking among the people, mixing with the common folk, healing the sick, reaching out to people, uplifting people, with his words, His Divinity, and his power. The difference is Jesus the Christ is not as powerful, as loving, as wise, as merciful, and caring, as powerful, as selfless as Barack Hussein Obama II.

My Lord, my Master, my Savior, the Messiah, the Annointed One, Barack Hussein Obama II was doing that here in this video clip.

I’ll bet He healed many of those people just by His touch, just by His smile, just by the sound of His voice, and just by His presence!

I know that my sins are all forgiven, and the greatest incarnation of God in Human Form has now manifested in the form of Barack Hussein Obama II – Lord of the Universe, Messiah, Savior of Mankind, the most powerful, merciful, all knowing, most wise, Creator of all!

All Glory, Honor, Worship, Adoration, and Praise be unto Him, our Lord and Savior, Barack Hussein Obama II!!!

William2006 on December 24, 2011 at 4:50 PM

Well, heck, let’s just re-carve Mount Rushmore! /sarc

RDH on December 23, 2011 at 8:43 AM

“RDH,”

I am thinking something more along the lines of a huge place of worship, in which The One, or “The Annointed one” can be worshipped and adored 24/7.

Also, one might with to build a monument to this living, all-powerful, most wise, most compassionate, most merciful, most loving, most tolerant, most intelligent, most wonderful incarnation of the Divine Lord of the Universe ever!

The One received the Nobel Peace Prize just because the Nobel committe was having orgasms over The One even before he accomplished anything, before he deserved it, all just in anticipation of his “greatness.” Why not also build a monument in his honor, along with the huge, ornate place of worship to the Supreme Being, Creator of All, Barack Hussein Obama II?

William2006 on December 24, 2011 at 5:00 PM