Fiasco: Bachmann, Huntsman, Santorum fail to make Virginia ballot

posted at 8:00 pm on December 22, 2011 by Allahpundit

That’s not even the worst part. The worst part is that Perry and Gingrich, either one of whom could still become the Great Grassroots Hope against Romney, might not have qualified either. You need 10,000 signatures to make the ballot but 15,000 are recommended since a bunch are bound to be thrown out as false or duplicative as the petitions are scrutinized. You also need at least 600 signatures from each of Virginia’s 11 congressional districts. Romney submitted 16,026 and Ron Paul submitted 14,361. Perry’s total: 11,911. Gingrich’s: 11,050. If they end up getting bounced, the Republican primary ballot for one of America’s key swing states will consist exclusively of … Mitt Romney and Ron Paul.

You know who that benefits?

Romney was the first Republican presidential candidate to file his petitions. His Virginia campaign chairman, Lt. Gov. Bill Bolling, delivered them on Tuesday. President Barack Obama’s re-election campaign filed earlier this month.

The State Board of Elections will turn over the petitions to the respective political parties for validating. Republican will begin the process Friday morning and have sought volunteers to help with the process…

The parties have until Tuesday at 5 p.m. to tell the State Board of Elections which candidates qualify for the March 6 primary ballot. The order of names will be decided by lottery on Wednesday.

Larry Sabato expects the state GOP will turn a “blind eye” to any signature problems on Perry’s or Gingrich’s petitions. I’ll bet. Question for political junkies, then: How could Bachmann, Huntsman, and Santorum have failed this epically? Is it a simple matter of lacking the resources to put people in the field collecting signatures or is it a sign of deep organizational dysfunction that should rightly disqualify them from the race? Every day, it seems, the bar for the nomination gets pushed a bit lower by the incompetence of someone running, and every day that makes me ever so slightly and grudgingly more open to the idea of nominating Romney. He gets his ballot homework in early; he doesn’t say catastrophically stupid things at the debates; he doesn’t have any racist newsletters to his record. He is, in other words, a minimally capable candidate, which apparently means he’s more capable than anyone else in the field. The one consolation if he wins is that we don’t have to worry about him, say, spacing on the date to file general-election petitions in Florida. Thank heaven for small favors.

Two clips for you, one from Romney’s PAC tearing into Perry and Gingrich and the other, from 1994, of Romney denouncing … attack ads. Have you noticed, by the way, that you never see an ad from Team Mitt laying out Ron Paul for any of the million shady things he’s said in the past even though he’s the frontrunner in Iowa right now? There’s a reason for that, of course, and Perry and Gingrich really, really, really need to start pointing it out soon. It won’t change any minds among the hardcore Paul fans, but not all of Paul’s supporters in Iowa are hardcore. Some are with him because they’re looking for a Not Romney, they like what he has to say on spending and abortion, and they haven’t heard much yet about those newsletters or the fact that, oh, for example, he wouldn’t have given the order to get Bin Laden. Those people need to understand the implications of their vote and Perry/Gingrich can drive it home to them in nine words: A vote for Paul is a vote for Romney. If they’re aware of that and want to vote Paul anyway, that’s fine, but let’s make sure they realize that they actually can choose the nominee this cycle — namely, Romney — with their vote on January 3rd. And they don’t have to vote for Romney to do it.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

More nuggets. Tesla is a weak commenter or he would support the winning candidate.

Basilsbest on December 22, 2011 at 10:42 PM

This is why I call you a shill. He hasn’t won a thing yet. Not even one state. Even if he wins the nomination, there’s no reason to believe he’s a lock to beat Obama. I think Obama wants to run against the 10,000 bet rich guy that he can tie to Wall Street greed.

I am going to laugh when Romney loses after 6 years of hearing about how eleectable this guy is by shills like you.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 10:51 PM

I tendd to think a good candidate with Romney’s money could have wwrapped this up.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 10:28 PM

It isn’t about money where Romney is concerned–and it isn’t because he’s the flip-flopper everyone seems to think he is. If Romney was truly a flip-flopper, he’d be out-Gingriching Gingrich and out-Perrying Perry right about now. For example, Romney won’t apologize or express regrets about Romneycare because he genuinely believes no apology is required: he did what he did because it was what Massachusetts wanted and he gave them what they wanted. The conservative Heritage Foundation more or less originated the idea of the mandate, so at the time Romney no doubt felt–ironically in retrospect–pushing the mandate would shore up his conservative credibility.

Romney’s biggest problems as a campaigner are his rigid adherence to plan and his inability to connect with voters on a gut, emotional level. Chris Christie, for example, essentially believes in the same things Romney does, yet Christie manages to generate excitement wherever he goes. Even conservatives like Christie and desperately try to overlook the sheer Northeastern Republican liberalism of the guy. Why? Because Christie knows people: he’s a gregarious bear of a man to whom people can relate. We all know someone like Christie. We’ve got a feel for him. We can read him. He’s a politician we can get our heads around.

Mitt Romney, on the other hand, hates the press-the-flesh, kiss-the-baby retail aspects of politicking, and it shows. He’s an extraordinarily decent man by all accounts, so I don’t think his public reticence and formal demeanor are affectations of snobbery. I think he feels uncomfortable around strangers. As an aside, I like people but also feel uncomfortable around strangers, but I’m not a politician–a good thing, too. Feeling uncomfortable around strangers would be a terrible liability for a politician. Look at Romney.

Lastly, Romney has a plan; rather, a Plan that he and his people have been meticulously refining for years now. Every move he makes is calculated, every response rehearsed. If I was magically put in charge of Romney’s campaign for a day, I’d fire every one of his handlers and tear up his carefully prepared script, tell him to go out there and wing it. See what happens.

troyriser_gopftw on December 22, 2011 at 10:55 PM

You remind me of a seagull, Dr. Tesla, and unlike Stray Cat, I will offend. Your comments are not much better than what splatters out of that seagull.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on December 22, 2011 at 10:39 PM

Why compare me to a seagull. Stuff splatters out of humans too, including you.

Again, why not post your own opinions on politics rather than go personal attack on others. You are being contentious for no reason.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 10:57 PM

BHO wants rapid change to the left. I want rapid change to the right…but I know that the first step must be taken…and hopefully in 10 or 20 years we’ll be in great shape…again r keller on December 22, 2011 at 10:43 PM

You are a very smart person. Rapid change, or what we think of as revolutionary change, almost always makes things worse. And you are right that it will take 10 to 20 years, or longer. Two terms of Romney followed by two terms of someone equally as smart, educated and accomplished and we might start to get this country turned around.

The challenge is daunting when one considers that Republicans think Paul, Huntsman, Perry, Santorum and Perry are in the same league as Mitt. The only one who is close is Newt and unfortunately as brilliant as he is, he is far too much of a risk.

Basilsbest on December 22, 2011 at 10:58 PM

I don’t buy that Romney got the idea of ROmneycare from a conservative group like Heritage. He’s not a political philosophy type and I don’t see him reading think tank pieces on healthcare.

He’s using that talking point as cover, but Heritage has said the idea is stupid in hindsight while Romney doesn’t say that.

That’s a problem for me.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 10:59 PM

Rush’s ratings go down when a Republican is in office,

OrthodoxJew on December 22, 2011 at 9:20 PM

This is an allegation completely unsupported by facts.

landlines on December 22, 2011 at 11:00 PM

Mitt’s not going to be able to turn the country around if he doesn’t believe in anything. If he looks at Obama and sees nothing that bad about Obama, Obamacare is ok, just needs to be tweaked a little bit, he’s clearly the wrong guy at the wrong time.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 11:01 PM

I disagree with most of what you say (so far), but I support you 100% here. If they can’t respond to the merits of a comment, you are basically adding to what you are complaining about. That was for you Stray cat.

csdeven on December 22, 2011 at 10:25 PM

Fair enough…I wasn’t henpecking. Tesla has made some good comments, but I fear that when he just keeps throwing out comments without listening to responses then folks will get the impression that he doesn’t really care about responses and is just spamming.

Stray Cat,

Why don’t you post your opinion on politics rather than henpeck me?

Nobody likes a control freak, and how I spend my time is up to me. :)

If I was saying positive things about Romney, you probably wouldn’t be calling it spam. Just a hunch.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 10:20 PM

Tis fine Tesla, I like many of your comments. I just didn’t want you getting labeled as a spammer. Some people will stop reading comments from posters if they post a comment for every two or three they read.

Stray Cat on December 22, 2011 at 11:02 PM

The difference is in the facts. The people of MA LOVE Masscare.

csdeven

I’m missing something. Has Mitt been touting RomneyCare lately? I see him mostly avoiding the topic. But maybe you’re right. It’s so good we could use a national version, right?

BoxHead1 on December 22, 2011 at 11:04 PM

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on December 22, 2011 at 10:39 PM
Why compare me to a seagull. Stuff splatters out of humans too, including you.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 10:57 PM

Count your posts. Looks like a boardwalk. That was the point, Mine-Mine.
Your posts about Romney, I agree, but you need to give your fingers a break.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on December 22, 2011 at 11:06 PM

No, it pretty much just means that Romney has a ton of cash and the others don’t.

Anabolic State on December 22, 2011 at 8:33 PM

This is the correct answer to this thread’s premise.

Robert_Paulson on December 22, 2011 at 11:07 PM

Women always say they are not henpecking when called out on it.

If you were my trophy wife who could cook, I’d put up with it.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 11:07 PM

Cherry,

I don’t need to do anything.

That’s point of having freedom, I don’t have to dance for some fat hick on the internet.

If you have some exciting life, why are you on here? You just acting like teenager who thinks other kids are just as insecure.

I’m a confident guy, you are not going to get under my skin with these kind of generic insults.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 11:09 PM

Why don’t you fear that the other people aren’t listening to me?

I don’t see the Romney shills really engaging the legit criticism of their guy. It’s all talking points straight from his website.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 11:11 PM

And, Palin would have made a great candidate. So, there, put that in your pipe and smoke it.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on December 22, 2011 at 10:39 PM

Knowing what we know now? Oh…yes she would have been.

Stray Cat on December 22, 2011 at 11:11 PM

Women always say they are not henpecking when called out on it.

If you were my trophy wife who could cook, I’d put up with it.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 11:07 PM

Cherry,

I don’t need to do anything.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 11:09 PM

Blah blah blah blah blah….post another fifteen posts about it.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on December 22, 2011 at 11:12 PM

so slightly and grudgingly more open to the idea of nominating Romney. He gets his ballot homework in early; he doesn’t say catastrophically stupid things at the debates; he doesn’t have any racist newsletters to his record. He is, in other words, a minimally capable candidate, which apparently means he’s more capable than anyone elnclusionse in the field.

I’ve painfully, horribly, grudingly, did I say painfully? come to the same conclusion.

Of the currently declared field, our only “winner” is the moderate, semi-liberal mostly Democratic POS Mittens.

Man, we suck.

But we’ll still “win”. Pyrric victory, if even that good.

Who is John Galt on December 22, 2011 at 11:12 PM

Blah blah blah blah blah….post another fifteen posts about it.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on December 22, 2011 at 11:12 PM

No you are going to post another 100 posts whining about me, because let’s face it, you are a dull guy. You nothing intelligent to say yet you lurk on comment boards.

I’m posting on 1 or 2 threads on Hotair when I’m here. If I annoy you so much, why not go to another thread. I have no desire to talk to you.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 11:15 PM

Women always say they are not henpecking when called out on it.

If you were my trophy wife who could cook, I’d put up with it.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 11:07 PM

Umm yeah. Well I’m not a woman so carry on confident man. Take Cherry’s advice; count your posts.

Stray Cat on December 22, 2011 at 11:15 PM

Blah blah blah blah blah….post another fifteen posts about it.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on December 22, 2011 at 11:12 PM

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 11:15 PM

You were saying something about intelligence? Someone was nice enough to point out that you were arguing with yourself. Keep on doing it.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on December 22, 2011 at 11:17 PM

Stray Cat on December 22, 2011 at 11:15 PM

Why should I count my posts? You seem to have that job locked up for me, and as far as I know, there’s no limit on the number of posts a person can make on here.

You are a whiner, get a real problem and then whine. I had cancer 4 years ago and I didn’t whine about so I smirk at internet losers like you whining about number of posts a person makes on some website. There are young men being killed overseas in our military and you are whining about me. Get some perspective, guy.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 11:18 PM

Cherry, why don’t you go stalk somebody else.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 11:19 PM

All these people who want me to shut up seem to crave my attention but then don’t like it when I drop the hammer on them. :)

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 11:21 PM

Cherry, why don’t you go stalk somebody else.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 11:19 PM

Carry on, Dr. I think everyone ran off to the QOTD. Just giving you some friendly advice, maybe calling you a seagull was harsh, but if someone takes over a thread, most people just move on. You want someone to stick around and argue/discuss.
Glad you kicked cancer’s butt.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on December 22, 2011 at 11:22 PM

Mitt Romney…feels uncomfortable around strangers non-Mormons…
troyriser_gopftw on December 22, 2011 at 10:55 PM

iRepublic on December 22, 2011 at 11:23 PM

Bachmann, Huntsman, Santorum fail to make Virginia ballot. Is there a precedent for a repub. nominee winning it without being on all state ballots.

It’s sad that the candidates don’t debate the housing collapse, TARP and Obamacare. I only know where Paul an Bachman stand on these and I don’t trust Bachman and I don’t believe that we are persecuting the Muslims(Paul). It’s looking more like Perry for me.

BoxHead1 on December 22, 2011 at 11:23 PM

Ugh, got the strike through. Ruined the block quote. Stupid fng.

iRepublic on December 22, 2011 at 11:24 PM

Glad you kicked cancer’s butt.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on December 22, 2011 at 11:22 PM

I’ve noticed all the control freaks love giving friendly advice. It’s never just advice, it’s friendly advice.

I don’t want your advice. You are being a jackass for no reason…you need to go see a proctologist and get the gigantic bugg removed from your butt, because you seem a little uptight.

I’m just a guy who likes talking politics, why the hell you feel the need to attack me I do not understand. Please stop talking to me.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 11:25 PM

when I drop the hammer on them. :)

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 11:21 PM

Yeah, some hammer will be dropped soon…might be the Ban-Hammer. Contentious bastiche, you are.

Who is John Galt on December 22, 2011 at 11:26 PM

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on December 22, 2011 at 11:22 PM

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 11:25 PM

In the most hated word of the year, I will say, whatever.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on December 22, 2011 at 11:27 PM

Who is John Galt on December 22, 2011 at 11:26 PM

You are arrogant enough to think the people at HOtair dance for you. I have done anything to deserved being banned.

You just don’t like my opinions on politics. Probably a Romney or Paul supporter.

If can’t handle other people’s opinions, why come to an opinion forum like this? This is irrational.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 11:28 PM

Cherry and Straycat are like a couple of union thugs.

Short on intelligence, big on hostility.

When your life is so boring you resort to trying to intimidate people on the internet, maybe you should put yourself out misery.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 11:31 PM

cozmo on December 22, 2011 at 10:01 PM

“And the bottom line is it doesn’t make any difference what the sound of your last name is.” Perry’s heinous gut reaction the first time anyone disagreed with him was to go straight to the race card. This is indisputable. Whether the policy he was trying to defend is good, bad, or middling is NOT the issue. (I happen to agree with the policy.) The issue is that Perry is the kind of person whose gut instinct under pressure is to go straight to an accusation of racism. That is who he is.

kunegetikos on December 22, 2011 at 11:31 PM

Since I’m over my the daily limit of allowed posts per the two union thugs, I’m going to call it a night

I’ll be here tomorrow, probably ALLL DAY LONG, becauase I’m more idle than Mitt Romney in a non-election year this week. :)

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 11:32 PM

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 11:28 PM

I love your opinions. I don’t love your WMA attitude and style.

Who is John Galt on December 22, 2011 at 11:32 PM

Cherry and Straycat are like a couple of union thugs.

Short on intelligence, big on hostility.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 11:31 PM

Dr. Tesla,
I’m sorry. I reacted to your attack on cat. I like cat. But, should have read your numerous posts before I attacked. You have an opinion, a lot of opinion. Again. I’m sorry.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on December 22, 2011 at 11:34 PM

kunegetikos on December 22, 2011 at 11:31 PM

It is absolutely disputable unless you are an ignorant hateful despicable lying lowlife who makes fun of toddlers with difficulties…kinda’ like you.

cozmo on December 22, 2011 at 11:34 PM

kunegetikos on December 22, 2011 at 11:31 PM

What in the world are you talking about!!!!! It was NOT Perry who played a race card, it was Herman Cain. For pittys sake get your facts straight.

Rapunzel on December 22, 2011 at 11:35 PM

Who is John Galt on December 22, 2011 at 11:26 PM

Want to find out? You don’t get to harass other commenters.

Terms of Use.
We reserve the right to delete your comments or revoke your registration for any reason. Rarely, if ever, will we do so simply because we disagree with you. We will, however, usually do so if you post something that is, in our good-faith opinion, (a) off-topic; (b) libelous, defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, profane, pornographic, offensive, false, misleading, or which otherwise violates or encourages others to violate these terms of use or any law, including intellectual property laws; or (c) “spam,” i.e., an attempt to advertise, solicit, or otherwise promote goods and services.

Dr Evil on December 22, 2011 at 11:36 PM

kunegetikos on December 22, 2011 at 11:31 PM

oops……. left off the link

Rapunzel on December 22, 2011 at 11:36 PM

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 11:28 PM

Friendly fire and all, eh?

Assuming you’re not a hellacious troll? You’re certainly prolific with personal attacks.

Keep it polite, please…this is a discussion board.

Who is John Galt on December 22, 2011 at 11:37 PM

Dr. Tesla

I think you are an entertaining blog commenter and engineer. It will be interesting to see if HA thrives as the DR.T blog. It’s different but who knows?

BoxHead1 on December 22, 2011 at 11:41 PM

Dr Evil on December 22, 2011 at 11:36 PM

My bad, I apologize, I thought that was the accepted “polite” version of the term.

Who is John Galt on December 22, 2011 at 11:41 PM

Terrible? If they can’t get the proper amount of sigs, then why are they even running for president?

rubberneck on December 22, 2011 at 11:43 PM

Rapunzel on December 22, 2011 at 11:35 PM

kunegetikos is now making stuff up to defend his breach of the terms of use when earlier in this thread he/she/it made up a racist quote to attribute to Perry in his/her/its ongoing race to be the most despicable nutball hater here, and that is quite an achievement, he/she/it is still trying to equal its “Trig” Perry insult.

cozmo on December 22, 2011 at 11:45 PM

by shills like you.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 10:51 PM

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Dr. Testacall!
If you are going to keep talking about yourself…please spell the description of yourself correctly!
AFTER THE s h i…..THERE IS A ‘t’…NOT 2 ‘ll’s.

KOOLAID2 on December 22, 2011 at 11:46 PM

Who is John Galt on December 22, 2011 at 11:41 PM

Allah, Ed and Tina read the threads. They even comment themselves from time to time. None of us need to moderate each other.

Dr Evil on December 22, 2011 at 11:48 PM

What was competent about RomneyCare. It’s been a disaster.

Romney fans never want to talk about that.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 8:13 PM

Yes, but what that Mitt’s fault, or was it part of the changes made since he left, or the stuff forced onto the bill as part of a veto override?

Romneycare was originally a CATO idea. Newt was for it before he was against it.

Even Perry has attempted to force Gardisil down his state’s throat as part of a crony-capitalist/health-care-mandate.

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on December 22, 2011 at 8:18 PM

It’s Mitt’s fault that he signed the state version of Obamacare. And having a vaccine for students with an opt out is not the same thing. That’s dishonest to imply that it is. So’s the crony capitalist smear.

Malachi45 on December 22, 2011 at 11:51 PM

There’s a certain group of people who just lurk on comment boards like this trying to get people banned. They rarely contribute and discuss the topic at hand. Just lobby to get strangers banned from the website.

It’s like a Nurse Ratched thing.

One thing I’ve learning is there are a lot of so called conservatives who don’t really support freedom of speech.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 11:52 PM

Who is John Galt on December 22, 2011 at 11:41 PM

Dr Evil on December 22, 2011 at 11:48 PM

If they enforced that rule to the letter of the law, there would be daily bannings with the beatings we give the trolls and about four people allowed to post around here.
Get over yourself.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on December 22, 2011 at 11:53 PM

rubberneck on December 22, 2011 at 11:43 PM

It’s involved, they can’t get all the signatures from just one district, that means they have to have folks out canvassing multiple districts. It seems like someone on the campaign teams would be handling things like getting them on the state ballots. But some of them are putting all their money in one state like Michelle Bachmann in Iowa. I think Huntsman’s campaign staff is only in New Hampshire. Ground organization cost money. It looks like Gingrich has enough money to be competitive he met the requirement for signatures in Virginia.

Dr Evil on December 22, 2011 at 11:54 PM

Dr. Tesla

What do they do to get you banned? WHy are they doing this to you? They sound very mean.

BoxHead1 on December 22, 2011 at 11:55 PM

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 11:52 PM

Ya’ know, I was content to let you rant on. It didn’t look like it would sway anybody and you were mostly harming yourself. But to denigrate folks who just like to read these comments comes across as you strutting your stuff in preparation to jump the shark.

cozmo on December 22, 2011 at 11:56 PM

This Cherry thug thinks he’s the law around these parts.

But he’s telling others to get over themselves.

Just some friendly FYI, don’t be a control freak if you don’t want to be mocked. You don’t work for this website so go moderate your own website and stop playing judge and jury on what people say and how they say it on this website.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 11:56 PM

Get over yourself.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on December 22, 2011 at 11:53 PM

You go first!

Dr Evil on December 22, 2011 at 11:57 PM

cozmo.

You seem to be wandering aimlessly in the woods looking for a coherent thought.

Sober up and I listen to your grievances about me tomorrow.

Sweet dreams.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 11:58 PM

Get over yourself.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on December 22, 2011 at 11:53 PM

If you’ve been here a while, and pay attention, you would realize that there are some lines of decorum that are not crossed. Those that do, don’t last much longer.

Just a little helpful hint, sometimes these things take a little time.

cozmo on December 22, 2011 at 11:59 PM

Yet another argument for Romney that could just as easily be made for Obama. It doesn’t mean that he will do what needs to be done if he is elected, or even that he would be any better than Obama.

besser tot als rot on December 22, 2011 at 11:59 PM

Boxhead,

I suspect you are part of the group.

Some of it is just some of the “old timers” didn’t like the fact the site was opened up to new blood.

Change is hard on some people, even as something semmingly minor as this.

Dr. Tesla on December 23, 2011 at 12:00 AM

This Cherry thug thinks he’s the law around these parts.

But he’s telling others to get over themselves.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 11:56 PM

Cherry and Straycat are like a couple of union thugs.

Short on intelligence, big on hostility.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 11:31 PM
Dr. Tesla,

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on December 22, 2011 at 11:34 PM

I apologized to you, Dr. Tesla. Accept or don’t, but don’t play the victim. Victimhood on a conservative smells worse than a fart in a car.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on December 23, 2011 at 12:00 AM

Sweet dreams.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 11:58 PM

Oh, they will be now. You just made my night, En Garde.

cozmo on December 23, 2011 at 12:01 AM

What worries me, Dr. Tesla, is how your mother is going to take this…..hmmmm

LazyHips on December 23, 2011 at 12:01 AM

Nothing, absolutely NOTHING that Allahpundit has to say about ANYTHING matters……THIS is really the ONLY Thing that MATTERS right now:

williamg on December 23, 2011 at 12:02 AM

Get over yourself.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on December 22, 2011 at 11:53 PM
You go first!

Dr Evil on December 22, 2011 at 11:57 PM

cozmo.

You seem to be wandering aimlessly in the woods looking for a coherent thought.

Sober up and I listen to your grievances about me tomorrow.

Sweet dreams.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 11:58 PM

I smell a rat, I mean, a sock.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on December 23, 2011 at 12:02 AM

Get over yourself.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on December 22, 2011 at 11:53 PM

Just a little helpful hint, sometimes these things take a little time.

cozmo on December 22, 2011 at 11:59 PM

I’ve read this site for many years and nothing posted here tonight really goes over the line. But, thanks for the hint.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on December 23, 2011 at 12:04 AM

Lazy Hips,

Most mothers wish they had a son like me. My good looks, intelligent, sharp wit, grace, etc.

Thanks for noticing. :)

Dr. Tesla on December 23, 2011 at 12:04 AM

Dr. Tesla on December 23, 2011 at 12:04 AM

Actually that was a Nurse Ratchet quote, I’m a big movie buff :-)

LazyHips on December 23, 2011 at 12:08 AM

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on December 23, 2011 at 12:02 AM

Barkin’ up the wrong tree there bud. The good Dr. Evil is very nice and accommodating as as well as having been here for quite a while. Though she is not someone you want to get on her bad side.

You and little Nikola, I’m still not quite sure about. Ya’ both may be nutballs.

cozmo on December 23, 2011 at 12:09 AM

Vote Newt if you don’t want Romney. That’s the only choice left.

alwaysfiredup on December 23, 2011 at 12:10 AM

Dr. Tesla on December 23, 2011 at 12:04 AM

Ah, either chupachudi’s sockpuppet, or his twin brother.

cozmo on December 23, 2011 at 12:11 AM

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on December 23, 2011 at 12:02 AM

cozmo on December 23, 2011 at 12:09 AM

Whatever. I will let my posts, when I’m not distracted by Dr. Tesla’s numerous posts, speak for themselves. You are one of many, so I won’t worry about it.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on December 23, 2011 at 12:12 AM

, why the , why the hell you feel the need to attack me I do not understand. Please stop talking to me.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 11:25 PM

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 11:25 PM

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 11:25 PM

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 11:25 PM

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 11:25 PM
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Oh! O.K.!

KOOLAID2 on December 23, 2011 at 12:19 AM

I already saw this point stated, but I too was thinking along the same lines…

If so many candidates didn’t get on the ballot in Virginia, that might have a lot to do more with the process in Virginia. (hmmm)

mr_west on December 23, 2011 at 12:27 AM

I believe the required number of signatures from each congressional district is 400, not 600, although the safe plan has always been to get double that, and double the total, to be sure of qualifying. It is amazing how many ineligible people will stop to sign a ballot petition even after being told they must be a registered voter to sign.

I heard reports in November that Romney and Obama had petitions outside the polling places for the election. That was smart and easy: you have people who care enough to vote, and you know they are registered. Where were the other candidates? Didn’t they know Virginia votes state offices in odd years?

Adjoran on December 23, 2011 at 12:28 AM

mr_west on December 23, 2011 at 12:27 AM

I don’t think Virginia is make or break for the ones that didn’t make it onto their state ballot, they will loose 46 total delegate votes. The overall number is in the 1,000s something. But this should be a heads up if they are planning on competing in other states, they need to get on the ballots in a timely manner.

Dr Evil on December 23, 2011 at 12:35 AM

Wow. So far this page three is quite boring. I found only two comments that were of interest;

alwaysfiredup on December 23, 2011 at 12:10 AM

I have come to the same conclusion: Newt is the only one left!

mr_west on December 23, 2011 at 12:27 AM

I agree. I think the process in Virginia is kind of hokey, too.

AZgranny on December 23, 2011 at 12:36 AM

Per Rush:

Write in P A L I N

ChuckTX on December 22, 2011 at 8:29 PM

That fat-head is very nervous that Romney is going to win the nomination and then the general election. Fat-head’s ratings will be significantly downgraded when a conservative guy is president and a republican congress…what the hell is fat-head going to do…I mean besides take illegal drugs, eat too much, and go through wives faster than Newt Gingrich.

Jailbreak on December 22, 2011 at 8:32 PM

Fat-head? Is that because he was negative about Romney? I thought you only attacked Perry and Gingrich.

Now where did I get that idea? Oh, yeah.

Well, you’ve got the “Attack” command down. Do you also sit and roll over when Mitt tells you to?

Maybe I’m being unfair, but you sure do seem to spend a lot of time attacking … everyone else but Mitt Romney.

tom on December 21, 2011 at 9:16 PM

Not true. I dont attack Michelle Bachman or Rick Santorum or, um, Ron Paul. I just attack 1)stupid Rick Perry, 2)Sleazy, dishonest, lobbying, philandering fool Newt.

Just those two guys. Thats it.

Jailbreak on December 21, 2011 at 9:21 PM

I guess we can add anyone else critical of Romney. Which would certainly explain why you never attack Bachmann, Santorum, or Paul.

tom on December 23, 2011 at 12:52 AM

For me or any other conservative voter.

NoLeftTurn on December 22, 2011 at 10:33 PM

Nice try. I think I’ll blame you for all further nastiness at Hot Air because, well you’re the architect after all.

csdeven on December 23, 2011 at 12:54 AM

All Hail; our new overlord…. Representative Paul Ryan.

A brokered convention means all kinds of crazy comes to pass. RYAN 2012! Faster, please!

Throw Momma from the cliff, or something!

the botnet on December 23, 2011 at 12:55 AM

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on December 22, 2011 at 10:39 PM

Yeah, a great candidate to get Obama reelected. Better than 70% of the GOP KNEW she was unelectable. And after three years of constant whining about the LSM and the GOP establishment, she couldn’t make any headway with the GOP.

She is a quitter. And she quit half way through the governorship of the 46th ranked state in the union. And now you think she can get the votes to be POTUS?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

You St Palin the Victimized worshipers are simply precious!

csdeven on December 23, 2011 at 1:00 AM

Jailbreak’s definition of troll is somebody who criticizes precious Romney.

This guy is a control freak.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 8:41 PM

Not a big Romney fan but going after him on account of his faith is contemptible.

troyriser_gopftw on December 22, 2011 at 8:51 PM

Agreed. When there are so many excellent reasons to reject Romney, why would you pick something to criticize that makes no difference at all?

tom on December 23, 2011 at 1:00 AM

Well that’s just &^%$#@% peachy.

Glad I don’t live in Virgina, where the choice will be insane, dog crap, and dog crap.

Check that… statist dog-crap.

This nation is falling apart and frankly, it’s hard to imagine we don’t deserve it.

SilverDeth on December 23, 2011 at 1:03 AM

BoxHead1 on December 22, 2011 at 11:04 PM

He avoids the topic because it isn’t a good topic for him. He has spun it into a states rights issue and it’s working.

As far as a national version, no, it would be unconstitutional. That is why Romney never has advocated a federal health insurance plan. Gingrich did, but not Romney.

csdeven on December 23, 2011 at 1:06 AM

Rush was for Romney before he was against Romney.

csdeven on December 23, 2011 at 1:08 AM

Quote: “Vote Newt if you don’t want Romney. That’s the only choice left.”

I seem to think there are a hell of alot of “choices” left that don’t involve voting for statist dog-crap.

For example…

I can stay home with my family in protest of crappy candidates.

I can vote for crazy Rue Paul just so I can watch establishment RePubics have conniption fits.

I can write in a real conservative like Santorum, bachman, Palin, Woody Woodpecker, Bugs Bunny, Mighty Mouse, or even the duo Heckle & Jeckle – any one of which are far more conservative than this crop o’ RINO trash the turds at the RNC think they can stuff down our throat – the trick of putting the gun to the heads of conservatives like myself, and threatening to pull the trigger if we don’t “accept” their east-coast liberal candidates has lost it’s impact.

I can show up and vote for King Barry Hussein to punish the RePubic establishment for trying to force feed me garbage and marginalizing me. They are sorely mistaken if they think I will flinch in this game of chicken.

I will floor the accelerator, aim the grill right at their headlights, close my eyes, and wait for the crashing, the burning, and the dying.

Never again a will i vote for retard light – if the RePubics insist on giving me and my family “retard-lite” we will one up them and vote for “full-retard” just to punish them.

SilverDeth on December 23, 2011 at 1:14 AM

The St Palin the Victimized worshipers are very easily manipulated into playing right into the hands of Romney. In one fashion or another, create the appearance that she is being unfairly attacked and her worshipers will grab their torches and pitchforks (along with their rent money) and rush to her aid. Her greatest value to them is when she is being “victimized” by the evil mean GOP establishment and LSM. They erroneously believe that everyone licks the boots of St Palin the Victimized and therefore will all coalesce around her. In reality, only about 15% will vote for her. And with less than 10% support for each of the other candidates, the vote is split and Romney walks away with the nomination.

Romney, you magnificent 8astard!!

lol

csdeven on December 22, 2011 at 10:22 PM

I see you’re still obsessing about Palin.

Bit of a cultist, are you?

tom on December 23, 2011 at 1:19 AM

I’m sorry, but I really don’t have any sympathy for these candidates. These people are running for President of the US. They don’t have the wherewithal to manage their team to properly get them on the ballot?? How can they think they are qualified to be President? And yes, it is these little things that make them look like buffoons.

OccamsRazor on December 23, 2011 at 1:53 AM

Vote Newt if you don’t want Romney. That’s the only choice left.

alwaysfiredup on December 23, 2011 at 12:10 AM

No it’s not. Perry is more conservative, more experienced in governing end considerably more electable than Newt. Newt will probably lose a general and Perry has a reasonable chance of winning.

Malachi45 on December 23, 2011 at 2:22 AM

Perry is more conservative, more experienced…

Malachi45 on December 23, 2011 at 2:22 AM

Maybe we could forgive Perry for coming out of the chute as a disgusting race-baiting amnesiac gaffe-machine, but what are we going to do about the problem that he inevitably reminds most Americans outside of his home state of a cross between Bush on his worst day but without brains and televangelist Robert Tilton?

That’s an even tougher nut to crack.

kunegetikos on December 23, 2011 at 2:56 AM

troyriser_gopftw on December 22, 2011 at 10:55 PM

This is a load of crap and reeks of the revisionist history often taught on left wing college campuses.

Romney was labeled a flip flopper back in 2008 when he DID try to “out Perry” Perry and other Conservatives. People weren’t buying it. After his flip flops on AGW, Carbon Caps, Abortion, GM bailout, Second Amendment Rights, his campaign made the decision of making no more flip flops. The individual mandate and Romneycare had not exploded into a major issue until after the campaign made the decision that Romney couldn’t afford any more flip flops.

Then again, if he truly does believe Romneycare is good for Mass with its massive cost overruns, surging insurance premiums, packed Emergency Rooms, declining number of doctors and nurses and complete reliance on Federal dollars to survive then that ignorance disqualifies him as being worthy of the Presidency.

Daemonocracy on December 23, 2011 at 3:20 AM

What worries me the most about Romney is I don’t think he’ll really go after Obama in the general election. He doesn’t strike me as someone who is overly assertive.

wodiej on December 23, 2011 at 4:17 AM

He is, in other words, a minimally capable candidate,

Allah?! Sheesh! Of all the things you anti-Romney people can conjure up about him, “Minimally Capable” may well be the most ridiculous.

Elizabetty on December 23, 2011 at 4:59 AM

wodiej on December 23, 2011 at 4:17 AM

\

Have you been paying attention? When Republicans attack Romney in debates and during interviews he almost always turns it into an attack on Obama and his flunkies.

Elizabetty on December 23, 2011 at 5:01 AM

For example, Romney won’t apologize or express regrets about Romneycare because he genuinely believes no apology is required: he did what he did because it was what Massachusetts wanted and he gave them what they wanted he knows he can’t get away with flip-flopping on this huge crap sandwich.

FIFY

GeorgiaBuckeye on December 23, 2011 at 5:40 AM

The issue is motivation. Sure every republican who votes will vote for our candidate but, with Obama having 1 Billion in cash available to use in 8 states, will he be able to out spend or out motivate, his supporters. That is the problem with Romney – is he just another John McCain who will motivate no one. And then of course there is Romneycare.

ArthurMachado on December 23, 2011 at 6:24 AM

For me or any other conservative voter.
NoLeftTurn on December 22, 2011 at 10:33 PM
csdeven on December 23, 2011 at 12:54 AM

I can see where you may have conveniently blocked this out since it doesn’t serve Mittens’ interests at all, but it was Obama who declared Romneycare the model for his national boondoggle.

Nice try tho.

NoLeftTurn on December 23, 2011 at 7:24 AM

My concern is his religion. Will Americans elect a Moron for President?

richardporter on December 23, 2011 at 7:40 AM