Video: This Christmas, give the gift of boring everyone around you by talking about how awesome Obama is

posted at 9:14 pm on December 21, 2011 by Allahpundit

A yuletide palate cleanser from Team Hopenchange via Verum Serum. If you’re one of those few liberals who’d rather just enjoy family time over the holidays than push White House talking points while you’re passing the gravy, then consider this must-viewing. Remember: Whether grandma’s quietly knitting, dozing in the easy chair after having too much eggnog, or sitting on the toilet on the other side of the bathroom door, there’s no “wrong” time to remind her that This Economy Is Much Worse Than Anyone Could Have Anticipated, even if we did have to borrow and spend $800 billion to find that out.

And as for the Republicans out there, don’t fret. There’s something under the tree for you too.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

The video is proof -positive evidence that Team Obama really has abandoned hope of winning white working class voters.

Stunning.

Bruno Strozek on December 21, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Usefull idiots

bs4948800 on December 21, 2011 at 10:52 PM

(sung to the familiar tune)

Oh, there’s no place like home for the holidays
‘Cause no matter how far away you roam.
When you bring up Obama in your every phrase.
They’ll help pack your bag and send you home alone.

I met a man who voted for “the one”
And he was headin’ for
an encampment at the park with “Occupy”.
For next year the Dems are planning on
A Dixie Convention.
from the Red States and the Blue states, gee,
BO will get his delegates.

Oh, there’s no place like home for the holidays
‘Cause no matter how much you want to crow
If you want peace as you spend time at your humble place
Shut your mouth about the “turkey” we all know.

lonestarleeroy on December 21, 2011 at 10:56 PM

One of the perks of being a nonpartisan is that when you put the Obots some knowledge about what a SCOAMF Barry is, they cannot dismiss it as partisan talking points.

Christien on December 21, 2011 at 10:57 PM

I don’t know if Mormons celebrate Christmas or not. Still seems tacky.

sharrukin on December 21, 2011 at 10:09 PM

We do. But yeah, major tacky. The tool couldn’t even say “Merry Christmas”.

stiney on December 21, 2011 at 11:00 PM

Don’t drink the brown koolaid! Nevermind, too late.

Naturally Curly on December 21, 2011 at 11:00 PM

These people would never question Soilant Green.

watson007 on December 21, 2011 at 11:01 PM

That’s funny, my dad switched over to Republican and didn’t vote for Obama. And he didn’t need to be talked into it.

Russ86 on December 21, 2011 at 11:01 PM

I would vote for Lucy Lou over Obama. May be a write-in candidate.

Russ86 on December 21, 2011 at 11:07 PM

I’m going to sit my friends down and INSIST they watch that ALL the way through. They are lifelong, hardcore ideologues, but I’m betting that seeing all those enthused, committed youngsters will CHANGE THEIR MINDS!!!
……

Yeah. They’re liberals.

tkmcp on December 21, 2011 at 11:13 PM

A grandmother going senile…sad story.

NORUK on December 21, 2011 at 11:16 PM

60 Minutes didn’t air the entire interview with Obama. He practically declared himself a god in it.

Schadenfreude on December 21, 2011 at 11:23 PM

It could be worse.. It could be an Obama chia pet.

melle1228 on December 21, 2011 at 11:25 PM

I mistook this to be a Scientology commercial.

Shy Guy on December 21, 2011 at 11:30 PM

It could be worse.. It could be an Obama chia pet.

melle1228 on December 21, 2011 at 11:25 PM

I have one – still unopened and shrink wrapped.

St Gaudens on December 21, 2011 at 11:31 PM

The new lows just keep coming. I would be embarrassed by this if I were a Democrat.

Like, Christmas time is the time to be thinking and sharing ObamaLove.

Talk about Dear Leader crap. Just freaking amazing to me. I know these are actors, but, you never know, if they aren’t, wonder how mom and dad likes their faces plastered all over an Obama ad as someone who needs confronted and converted.
At least they didn’t say “Get in their face and argue with them!”

JellyToast on December 21, 2011 at 11:44 PM

It could be worse.. It could be an Obama chia pet.

melle1228 on December 21, 2011 at 11:25 PM

I have one – still unopened and shrink wrapped.

St Gaudens on December 21, 2011 at 11:31 PM

A few years from now it will be worth about as much as an unopened can of Billy Beer on e-bay.

btw St Gaudens I roost about 40 miles from Cornish. St. and JD Salinger both called it home, as did Activist Judge Learned Hand.

Del Dolemonte on December 22, 2011 at 12:04 AM

It could be worse.. It could be an Obama chia pet.

melle1228 on December 21, 2011 at 11:25 PM

I have one – still unopened and shrink wrapped.

St Gaudens on December 21, 2011 at 11:31 PM

Bought my crazy liberal brother one as a gift. He “lost” it.

drewwerd on December 22, 2011 at 12:13 AM

WOW,.,.

I’ve been here for 5+ years and I’m finally convinced that some of you are either liberal trolls or complete head-in-the-sand wasteland republicans.

amend2 on December 21, 2011 at 10:39 PM

Care to elaborate old-timer?

Tim_CA on December 22, 2011 at 12:17 AM

The very first guy, right out of the gate is impressed with Obama because he’s a “politician of my generation.”

The guy’s, what, maybe in his mid 20′s?

Dude, Obama is more than twice your age.

He is not anywhere near your generation.

catmman on December 22, 2011 at 12:36 AM

GET OUTA MY HEAD ALLAHP!

rihar on December 22, 2011 at 12:39 AM

I’m HORRIBLY OFFENDED because I saw no “white” people in the video! What are we, chopped liver??? And WE are the very ones Obama and Holder say are “RACIST”???? I don’t think so, bucko.

DixT on December 22, 2011 at 12:39 AM

The Romney logo thing creeps me out. If he were trying to distance himself from Obama, why would he come up with a lame logo? Hasn’t Obama’s logo become a symbol of narcissism? I pray we don’t have another such President.

Christian Conservative on December 22, 2011 at 12:43 AM

Announcer: And now, get set for our fabulous halftime show, featuring the well-groomed young go-getters of `Hooray for Everything!’

Homer Simpson: Oh, I love those kids. They’ve got such a great attitude!

Announcer: Ladies and gentlemen, `Hooray for Everything’ invites you to join them in a salute to the greatest hemisphere on earth, the Western Hemisphere! The dancingest hemisphere of all!

Kungfoochimp on December 22, 2011 at 12:45 AM

I don’t know how many of you have a lot of Psychology under your belts, but I imagine some of you do. With that said, I would “donate” to hear a Psychiatrist ANALYZE Pres. Obama! Because I guarantee you there’s some definite personality issues here. And I mean “severe” issues.

DixT on December 22, 2011 at 12:47 AM

My God that was nauseating!

Dr. ZhivBlago on December 22, 2011 at 12:55 AM

DixT on December 22, 2011 at 12:39 AM

Unless you’re a minority, or an “Uncle Tom” white, the D’s don’t represent you.

How’s that “big tent” working out R’s?

Kungfoochimp on December 22, 2011 at 1:03 AM

Del Dolemonte on December 22, 2011 at 12:04 AM

LOL…I was hoping to be able to retire on the proceeds from the future sale of my Obama Cha-Cha-Cha-Chia. I received it was a gag-gift a few years ago.

That’s cool that you live near St. Gaudens’, Salinger’s, and Learned Hand’s old stomping grounds in Cornish, NH. St Gaudens is my favorite sculptor/coin designer, and Salinger – author of my favorite book.

I hale from Chicago – known for our great pizza, architecture (Frank Lloyd Wright), and of course terrible politicians (Obama, Blago, Daley…cripes sake too many to name).

St Gaudens on December 22, 2011 at 1:05 AM

These people would never question Soilant Green.
watson007 on December 21, 2011 at 11:01 PM

: )

Swell. Now I’m hungry . . . . .

listens2glenn on December 22, 2011 at 1:45 AM

I like when they were saying to send link or suggest a speech for someone to watch…
Or… as I am know to do… send them the links to all his goofy mistakes; mispronunciations, 57 states/my muslim faith awesomeness… plus some of the I won/seas turning back god like projection… and don’t forget his statements that show how much he wishes there were no Constitution blocking his desire to dictate to US all.

RalphyBoy on December 22, 2011 at 1:51 AM

C’mon folks, get on over to the video and dislike it…just in time for Christmas!

8thAirForce on December 22, 2011 at 1:51 AM

That Romney logo…WTH? Is it supposed to remind us of Obama? And the Happy Holidays that only emphasizes the politically correct war on Christmas many of us would like to forget. Or maybe Mitt is so weak and so afraid of offending anyone he doesn’t have enough guts to put Merry Christmas on a gift tag. That logo does not produce good emotional vibes.

It seems like everything his campaign does makes me not want to vote for him. I’m guessing that is not what they are going for, or maybe I’m just not the kind of voter they want.

Galadriel on December 22, 2011 at 2:21 AM

I almost threw up watching that.

Even my liberal son says most of those he talks to that were gung ho for Obambi the first time around no longer support him. Himself included.

TfromV on December 22, 2011 at 3:31 AM

“He gave a really good speech the other day”
Thats all he`s good at … speechifing!!!!

Lou on December 22, 2011 at 3:58 AM

I will relentlessly ridicule and mock any family member who suggests that there is any chance that they will support Obama (like I did in 2008), and do the same to any who suggest that they might support Romney (either in the primary or the general).

besser tot als rot on December 22, 2011 at 4:24 AM

Can’t believe I gave this more than 5 seconds of my time. It’s predictable and dull. Just like obummer.

redlucy on December 22, 2011 at 4:35 AM

4yrs and all they can talk about are his speeches.

Dollayo on December 22, 2011 at 5:18 AM

It’s a Festivus miracle.

bloviator on December 22, 2011 at 5:22 AM

I’m so glad my entire family are bitter clingers with money.

DHChron on December 22, 2011 at 5:43 AM

How utterly pathetic.

Key West Reader on December 22, 2011 at 5:45 AM

The guy’s, what, maybe in his mid 20′s?

Dude, Obama is more than twice your age.

He is not anywhere near your generation.

catmman on December 22, 2011 at 12:36 AM

Cat! It’s not about age. It’s the coke-snortin, weed-blowin generation!

BigAlSouth on December 22, 2011 at 6:07 AM

A 90 year old grandmother who finally wants to vote for Obama is the same as the elderly person who starts going to church weekly. Nothing to lose everything to gain.

cpcod on December 22, 2011 at 6:22 AM

Nothin’ wrong with knitting.

pipandbaby on December 22, 2011 at 6:35 AM

they are Re.pub.li.can not re.tard.ed….

what a bunch of patronizing useless idiots.

sarainitaly on December 22, 2011 at 6:44 AM

Gag! There should be a warning label on this video: Don’t view after eating.

GoodAg77 on December 22, 2011 at 7:00 AM

I love the whole idea of twenty-somethings acting as if they are smarter than everybody else in their family with the solemn obligation to browbeat their 90-year-old grandmothers and non-English speaking parents into voting to re-elect the commie that is destroying the nation. And we are supposed to do it because Obama is for socialized medicine, homosexuals, and amnesty for illegals!

In the timeless words of Bill the Cat…. ACK!!!

Happy Nomad on December 22, 2011 at 7:15 AM

4yrs and all they can talk about are his speeches.

Dollayo on December 22, 2011 at 5:18 AM

So what else are they supposed to talk about? What else has the commie destroying this nation done but hold staged town halls filled with union folk in their brightly colored tees?

That is when he and queen Michelle are not spending millions of tax dollars on yet another vacation.

Happy Nomad on December 22, 2011 at 7:19 AM

the young people in this ad enjoy being unemployed or working at taco tico or mcdonalds speaking spanish.

they will do great when we acheive self actualization as a nation and start eating grass and tree leaves and living in huts like his family in kenya

acyl72 on December 22, 2011 at 7:27 AM

That was like a bad Vonage commercial. “My name is Ahmir, and I save lots of monies on my long-deestance when I switched to Obama.”

Dork B. on December 22, 2011 at 7:32 AM

You can’t post a reply to this rubbish without it being approved, so this one probably doesn’t have much chance:

Our country will be lucky to survive this demagogue’s divisive mismanagement, and you want me to support his re-election bid? What a crass message to suffer through in the holiday season.

Figuring two could play the censorship game, I then went and blocked the channel.

zoyclem on December 22, 2011 at 7:41 AM

Before the last presidential election, I would ask people who were planning on
voting for Obama , what they thought of his policy’s . Deer in headlights every time.

newportmike on December 22, 2011 at 7:51 AM

i have been ass-sim-i-lated…..

t8stlikchkn on December 22, 2011 at 7:55 AM

There is one positive to this video for me. Judging by the intelligence of these fools, my kids are so going to dominate when they all mix it up in the real world.

texascan on December 22, 2011 at 7:58 AM

I made it through 45 seconds and didn’t hear a single thing Democrats stood for?

Doesn’t it suck, being part of a cult which leaves you ashamed of sharing the principles of what the cult is about?

MNHawk on December 22, 2011 at 8:06 AM

Oh, and boy? Barack Obama is part of MY generation, not yours.

There is a complicated (for you poli sci retards apparently) formula for determining that, involving advanced math formulas that actually take one large 4 digit number, such as 1961, comparing it to another, such as 1964, to come to a conclusion, BABY BOOMER.

MNHawk on December 22, 2011 at 8:08 AM

My girlfriend’s daughter is a flowerchild hippie 22 year old. She hoped Obama got elected in ’08, although she didn’t vote. Well, she got her voter registration card about a month ago. When I asked her what prompted her to get registered, she said she would vote against Obama in 2012. She has seen the damage he has done to my business and my friends’ businesses.

txsurveyor on December 22, 2011 at 8:33 AM

Bored? Not at all.

Enraged and ready to throw you bodily out of the house?

Why yes.

NoDonkey on December 22, 2011 at 8:47 AM

Damn! He wants to invade our homes on Christmas. We can’t get away from him. Has he left DC yet to join his bride for the seasonal holiday.

Kissmygrits on December 22, 2011 at 9:02 AM

Naturally, these are the same people who would hate it if someone tried to convince them to follow Christ, but when it comes to their secular Messiah, it’s “by any means necessary.”

DavidW on December 22, 2011 at 9:08 AM

i….loved….it,
it….was….much….better….than….”Cats”,
i’m….going….to….see….it….again….and….again…

olesparkie on December 22, 2011 at 9:14 AM

If my left-wing anti-theist cousin tries to proselytize about Captain Downgrade to anyone on Christmas Eve… well, this Yuletide greeting comes to mind.

ZK on December 22, 2011 at 9:19 AM

DavidW on December 22, 2011 at 9:08 AM

Good point.

Happy Nomad on December 22, 2011 at 9:21 AM

I am thankful that I will have an OBOT free family gathering this Christmas.

It’s the gift that keeps on giving the whole year Clark!

tictoc02660 on December 22, 2011 at 9:26 AM

I think I’m gonna be sick….

Deano1952 on December 22, 2011 at 9:27 AM

Soooo, grateful that my family is all on the same page about this bozo.

dmn1972 on December 22, 2011 at 9:32 AM

Thought you might like this quote, from 2,000 years ago:
Do not blame Caesar, blame the people of Rome who have so
enthusiastically acclaimed and adored him and rejoiced in their loss
of freedom and danced in his path and gave him triumphal processions.
… Blame the people who hail him when he speaks in the Forum of the
“new,wonderful good society” which shall now be Rome’s, interpreted to mean “more money, more ease, more security, more living fatly at the expense of the industrious.”
Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 B.C.)

Jpalm on December 22, 2011 at 9:50 AM

Please! You need to put up a warning:

IF YOU HAVE HAD ANYTHING TO EAT THIS MONTH, DO NOT CLICK ON THE VIDEO LINK.

EconomicNeocon on December 22, 2011 at 10:15 AM

My two libtard sisters, one hopelessly libtarded (cried when Granholm got defeated in Michigan) both supported (idolized?) Obama the douche nozzle in ’08. Today, libtard #1 is rooting for Gingrich, libtard #2 is calling me to discuss my thoughts on Ron Paul. The “won” has lost his, uh, luster, and I do indeed believe that he is toast.

rightangle on December 22, 2011 at 10:30 AM

Thank goodness these such highly intelligent young people are taking the time off from crapping on cop cars to educate us old geezers on the majesty that is Barack OweBama.

HumpBot Salvation on December 22, 2011 at 10:33 AM

These are the people that get killed by math. I say take every advantage of them. Oh wait, dems already did that.

DanMan on December 22, 2011 at 10:35 AM

Love the Romney gift tags. I will use some for the gifts I’m giving to my 22 year old son. You know, the one with the Ron Paul bumper sticker on his car! (The oldest candidate appeals to the youngest voter…go figure.)

Galtian on December 22, 2011 at 10:37 AM

Not many of the people in this video look particularly enthused to be shilling for The One. The lack of enthusiasm is even more obvious if you watch it with the sound turned off.

J.H. on December 22, 2011 at 11:00 AM

My sister and I stay far away from anything political at all. Family unity is much better since we made that pact.

gophergirl on December 21, 2011 at 9:21 PM

We’ll be spending Christmas with only my husband’s family at our home this year. Some of them still love Obama, and I have no intention of ruining it by bringing up anything political.

Susanboo on December 22, 2011 at 11:03 AM

I ask sincerely: was that real?

I can no longer distinguish between real liberals and the Onion parodies. If I were going to make a clever, very subtle mockery of the condescending, politically correct, intellectually empty attitude of most young liberals … this video is EXACTLY how I would do it.

I love how they leave out one thing: facts.

How’s the HopenChange economy doing these days? What’s the deficit currently? Unemployment levels?

Those, kiddies, are the things that directly impact you. And on those, Mr. Obama’s record speaks a thousand times louder than all the cheesy soft-core propaganda you can produce.

Professor Blather on December 22, 2011 at 11:09 AM

What lies are these people telling their families to get them to vote for Obama?!

Sterling Holobyte on December 22, 2011 at 11:28 AM

TfromV on December 22, 2011 at 3:31 AM

Unfortunately, I think most of those people who no longer support Obama aren’t angry about what he is doing to the economy or the country, it is because he isn’t left-wing enough for them and isn’t “changing” the country fast enough.

Sterling Holobyte on December 22, 2011 at 11:34 AM

Seriously where is the pepto? I can’t wait to hear the wailing in the streets, the self flagellation and wearing of sack cloth and ashes from these numbskulls when their hero loses.

oregano on December 22, 2011 at 11:52 AM

rightangle on December 22, 2011 at 10:30 AM

When did Granholm lose? IMO the people of Michigan lost for having to put up with the woman so stupid that not even Obama was daft enough to tap her for a job in his administration.

Our family get togethers fall into the politics-free zone type (thanks to one of my brother’s idiot spouse).

Happy Nomad on December 22, 2011 at 12:12 PM

Ethnic, heart warming, nice, hopeful and all inspired by Barack. Makes me want to run out and share hot apple cider with an imigrant (on any non-white person), put on some uggs and share stories about climate change and poor little polar bears. If we were all as nice and hopeful as Barack, the whole world would come together. HE could talk Iran of out nukes, we all would divide our ill-gotten dough, sharia law would level the playing field, and once and for all rid us of that hostile Christianity; oh and blow away Isreal too. We would be one big, happy, warm, fair, (FASHIST) family. All this becasue of the audacious hope of one skinny little guy! What a system! Can HE do it again? Yep, but only in America where the dumbest vote counts just the same. …..I gotta go through a year of BHO 2012 “hope”, …I’m going to puke.

StevC on December 22, 2011 at 12:31 PM

Blinders. The gift that keeps Hope alive.

BRunner on December 22, 2011 at 12:47 PM

I’m getting a stack of Bush “Miss-me-Yet?” t-shirts and anyone who brings up this garbage is getting their present replaced.

My family does not understand why I love spending holidays with the in-laws and it’s because my own family pulls stuff like this.

BakerAllie on December 22, 2011 at 12:53 PM

It could be worse.. It could be an Obama chia pet.

melle1228 on December 21, 2011 at 11:25 PM

LOL, at least that would have the potential of growing into something useful. :)

Deacon336 on December 22, 2011 at 1:01 PM

lonestarleeroy on December 21, 2011 at 10:56 PM

Beautiful!!! :-D

Mary in LA on December 22, 2011 at 1:57 PM

This Obama ad video is actually a little offensive and anti-old person. It seems to be saying that the young, superficial and clueless ought to be patient with their supposedly “stubborn,” old fogey relatives and do what they can to convince them to vote for Obama. The video’s ludicrous implication is that you have to be some kind of grumpy old person to not love Obama. It seems like the Obama people are still pushing the “cool” factor for Obama, which apparently worked well for them in 2008 with the idiot younger voters. Unfortunately for them, the bloom has definitely worn off on the Obama rose. Obama now has a record of failure, and Obama worship is no longer the “cool” thing it once was. Obama worship today looks especially idiotic. I expect Obama to get considerably fewer under-35 voters this time around, given the fact that his policies are destroying jobs.

bluegill on December 22, 2011 at 2:33 PM

can t typ my kybord is coverd in vomit

chriskl99 on December 22, 2011 at 2:53 PM

Two minutes, 12 seconds of pure stupidity. Kinda like listening to a Barack Obama speech, only shorter.

Patton531 on December 22, 2011 at 4:36 PM

So…did Grandma decide to vote for BO before or after Paul Ryan pushed her and her wheel chair over the cliff.

lonestarleeroy on December 22, 2011 at 6:56 PM

One of the things I really love about this is how the youtube channel is moderating all comments. Free speech…right. Douchebag.

Falconsword on December 22, 2011 at 7:11 PM

Back in 2008 my niece was a freshman in college and all ate up with Obama. She put bumper stickers on her car, put a Obama poster in her dorm room window and just couldn’t shut up about Obama.
When she came home the other day ago, I asked her about Obama and she says: ” I don’t know anybody who still like Obama, he’s a turd”

Wallythedog on December 22, 2011 at 7:42 PM