Video: Ron Paul bails out of interview with CNN after being pressed on racist newsletters

posted at 6:50 pm on December 21, 2011 by Allahpundit

Via Mediaite, the same bit jumped out at me as jumped out at Ace:

Borger: “These things are pretty incendiary.”
Paul: “That’s because of people like you.”

Really? Only liberal/media types should find the newsletters offensive? He can’t mean that because he keeps saying that he disavows the content. I think he means that the newsletters are water under bridge which everyone rightly should, and would, never mention again if not for the media repeatedly bringing them up. Which is interesting for a few reasons. One: Every other candidate’s dirty laundry has been aired and re-aired over the past few months and no one else has enjoyed an “asked and answered” defense. How many thousand times has Perry been pressed to apologize for his dumb debate remark about immigration hawks being heartless, for instance? Two: As Dave Weigel notes, Paul actually hasn’t answered all the questions asked about the newsletters. He won’t say who wrote them or whether he still associates with the author. All he knows is that none of this is fair game anymore, which goes even further than Obama did when he tried to dismiss an obnoxious association of his own.

Three: Until this week, when his odds of winning Iowa suddenly started to look real, Paul’s gotten an almost total pass from the media on this. Partly that’s because he used to look like a longshot who wasn’t worth bothering about and partly it’s because the media admires him as a Republican who hates other Republicans, especially when it comes to foreign policy. By the end here, in fact, Borger seems almost apologetic in having had to ask about it. Would any other conservative, save possibly Huntsman, have drawn that tone from a reporter in a line of questioning about racism? And four: To echo a point Ed made a few days ago, if Romney or Perry or Gingrich had these newsletters on their resume, they’d be dead on arrival. Even if primary voters believed their “didn’t write ‘em, never saw ‘em” explanation, they’d be perceived as unelectable against Obama and therefore un-nominatable. Paul, ironically, gets some leeway from people on this, I think, because he’s already perceived as unelectable and un-nominatable (except by his core supporters, of course). Why beat him up over an old disgrace when he’s about to have a moment in the sun in Iowa and then fade?

For what it’s worth, his answer here tracks perfectly with the reactions I typically see from Paul fans in blog comment threads whenever the newsletters come up. It’s never a matter of “yes, they’re disturbing and absolutely fair game, but we need to elect Paul anyway because we desperately need his fiscal discipline.” Rather, it’s always a case of “Meh, old news. This again?” Good luck in the general election, guys. Exit quotation from Philip Klein: “Ron Paul transparency: Bradley Manning is a hero for leaking classified info, but don’t dare ask who wrote my newsletters!”

Update: Ed e-mails to ask if I can recall another presidential candidate walking out of an interview with a mainstream news outlet. I’m sure it’s happened, but I honestly can’t think of an example. Anyone?

Update: A reader e-mails that it looks to him like the interview was already over when Paul started pulling his mic off and that Borger simply kept asking questions, i.e. that he didn’t actually walk out. Hard to tell, but duly noted. Either way, Paul’s displeasure is obvious.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6

The rest of Christendom is fairly disgusting, full off disgusting people who believe disgusting things.

Aquateen Hungerforce on December 21, 2011 at 9:31 PM

I didn’t even see this earlier. Wow. Unadulterated bigotry, hatred, and intolerance.

MadisonConservative on December 21, 2011 at 11:50 PM

Hard Right on December 21, 2011 at 11:45 PM

Yeah, it makes you wonder what was really behind comments that you’d exchanged with him before. He’ been complimentary to Christians that supported progressive social issues in the past. I suppose that’s an act.

hawkdriver on December 21, 2011 at 11:52 PM

MadisonConservative on December 21, 2011 at 11:48 PM

A calendar marking day. We find ourselves in complete agreement again.

Aquateen Hungerforce on December 21, 2011 at 9:31 PM

MadisonConservative on December 21, 2011 at 11:50 PM

I know. And completely OT and said just out of desperate anger.

hawkdriver on December 21, 2011 at 11:55 PM

A calendar marking day. We find ourselves in complete agreement again.

hawkdriver on December 21, 2011 at 11:55 PM

I think we need to host a radio show as MadCon and The Homo. Mandatory Metallica!!!

MadisonConservative on December 21, 2011 at 11:57 PM

Seems Like ATHF has completely lost his mind tonight. Never seen anything like this. Then again, I am young…

eva3071 on December 21, 2011 at 11:58 PM

1. Young Ron Paul looks like Rand Paul
2. Morton Downey Jr & company makes Ron Paul look reasonable…almost
3. Ron Paul screaming scares me
4. I don’t remember 1980s looking so sh*ty

ZGMF_Freedom on December 21, 2011 at 11:59 PM

I honestly think his comments sound unstable, MadCon. And as much as I detest what he’s said on this thread, I do worry about the folks that post here. I hope I’m just reading too much into this massive emotional meltdown of his but I have this image of him pounding his computer desk and throwing stuff at the wall.

I just hope he’s okay.

hawkdriver on December 22, 2011 at 12:00 AM

A few other things I’ve learned about Ronulans
They are monster narcissists. I thought liberals held the title, but they take a back seat to RP drones.

They CANNOT handle reality just like liberals.
They are convinced they are more intelligent and moral than non-Ron paul lovers.

Their idea of freedom means no one having authority over them in any way at any time.

Hard Right on December 22, 2011 at 12:02 AM

MadisonConservative on December 21, 2011 at 11:57 PM

Actually, I’d give myself top billing and we could call it Hawk and the Hater.

hawkdriver on December 22, 2011 at 12:02 AM

Then again, I am young…

eva3071 on December 21, 2011 at 11:58 PM

made me laugh

hawkdriver on December 22, 2011 at 12:03 AM

Folks, I’m off here. But I have to tell you. This was not a pretty night for Paul supporters. I am surprised at their words and their behavior.

hawkdriver on December 22, 2011 at 12:06 AM

hawkdriver on December 22, 2011 at 12:00 AM

Head down to McDonald’s if you want to see what kind of mood the kid is in. He should be the one pulling the fries out of the grease.

Actually, I’d give myself top billing and we could call it Hawk and the Hater.

hawkdriver on December 22, 2011 at 12:02 AM

How about Rage and The Birdman?

MadisonConservative on December 22, 2011 at 12:06 AM

hawkdriver on December 22, 2011 at 12:06 AM

Night, bud.

MadisonConservative on December 22, 2011 at 12:07 AM

This was not a pretty night for Paul supporters.

You think that is bad, wait till we get closer to the caucuses. By the time we get there, his supporters should be close to suicide, or something.

eva3071 on December 22, 2011 at 12:08 AM

I just hope he’s okay.

hawkdriver

He’s an RP supporter. As long as that is the case he’ll never really be ok.

Hard Right on December 22, 2011 at 12:09 AM

eva3071

We may see that if RP loses Iowa.

Hard Right on December 22, 2011 at 12:10 AM

Night all. Don’t let the jooooooos bite. /

Hard Right on December 22, 2011 at 12:13 AM

How about Rage and The Birdman?

MadisonConservative on December 22, 2011 at 12:06 AM

Personally, I think it should be Hawk Gryph & Maddy. ;)

gryphon202 on December 22, 2011 at 12:16 AM

Ron Paul and his viewpoint on “the jewish question”

golembythehudson on December 22, 2011 at 12:18 AM

The irony is that the entire time, I’ve been watching Aqua Unit Patrol Squad. Yet nothing said in the show can compete with the asshattery earlier.

Personally, I think it should be Hawk Gryph & Maddy. ;)

gryphon202 on December 22, 2011 at 12:16 AM

Fine, but you’re the stunter.

MadisonConservative on December 22, 2011 at 12:23 AM

lol @ RP. Seriously…did anyone think this would end any differently? I say 30 day countdown until his freakish followers start crying foul.

BTW…watching that little punk Jay Carney try to turn everyone on to the Balack Pajama payroll cuts on CSPAN. Literally, said 20 times…”its the right thing to do”, while quoting such conservative bastions as…wait for it…John McCain.

lolololol….

MooCowBang on December 22, 2011 at 12:24 AM

Hard Right on December 21, 2011 at 11:26 PM

Where’s the staffers saying Dondero is right? Dondero has made the accusation, the burden of proof is on him. And nobody is backing him up. All we have is his word against the man who fired him.

Do you see why his word can’t be trusted on the issue?

gyrmnix on December 22, 2011 at 12:29 AM

eva3071 on December 22, 2011 at 12:08 AM

Nah, regardless of how IA or the nomination as a whole turns out, I’ll have nothing to be suicidal over. My conscience will be clean either way. I hope you guys can say the same.

gyrmnix on December 22, 2011 at 12:32 AM

I was out getting Xmas presents. What did I miss? Which Paul bots had meltdowns? Earlier they were calling Veterans child molesters and war criminals. Anything since then?

Logboy on December 22, 2011 at 12:44 AM

Drive-by post on a mostly dead thread!

I am really, quite honestly very entertained by watching the gyrations of the Paultard brigade. I still wonder how many there actually are, and how many are sock puppets.

Ron Paul keeps avoiding giving a real answer to the question, which is why we all should continue to ask it.

Earlier, on another thread, a commenter stated that there is “no win here for Paul.” Absolutely! If he DID write the newsletters, then it says a great deal about his views, but if he did NOT write them and didn’t know what was in them, then it’s even worse! How could a person who is “honest” and “principled” as his proponents attest, allow things to be published, bearing his name as the author, without knowing what they contained?

The comparison to Breitbart, and things that are posted on his site is a bogus comparison. The articles posted by others on his site do not bear his name as the author. The other authors on his site are NOT ghostwriters, but there have been so many “apples and oranges” comparisons being done by Paul’s disciples that I can’t keep track of them all.

Kudos to all the sane folks who spend their time calling the liars out and setting the record straight! You know who you are!

JannyMae on December 22, 2011 at 12:45 AM

Racism, straight up.

Aquateen Hungerforce on December 22, 2011 at 1:11 AM

Racism, straight up.

Aquateen Hungerforce on December 22, 2011 at 1:11 AM

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say you’re trying to paint HA as a bunch of “rabid little racists.” Either you’re from LGF, or you’re a distraught Paulbot. Either way you will get no quarter here.

Logboy on December 22, 2011 at 1:21 AM

“when one examines Paul’s alleged “hate crimes,” I can come up with only four sentences, lifted out of context, that are out of bounds:

“[O]ur country is being destroyed by a group of actual and potential terrorists—and they can be identified by the color of their skin.”

“I think we can safely assume that 95% of the black males in that city [Washington, D.C.] are semi-criminal or entirely criminal.”

“We are constantly told that it is evil to be afraid of black men, but it is hardly irrational.”

“If you have ever been robbed by a black teen-aged male, you know how unbelievably fleet-footed they can be.”

cavalier973 on December 22, 2011 at 1:31 AM

“The above-cited phrase about the enemy being defined “by the color of their skin” is here placed in its original context:

“Regardless of what the media tell us, most white Americans are not going to believe that they are at fault for what blacks have done to cities across America. The professional blacks may have cowed the elites, but good sense survives at the grass roots. Many more are going to have difficulty avoiding the belief that our country is being destroyed by a group of actual and potential terrorists—and they can be identified by the color of their skin. This conclusion may not be entirely fair, but it is, for many, entirely unavoidable.”

cavalier973 on December 22, 2011 at 1:32 AM

Another phrase that has been lifted out of context—“only about 5% of blacks have sensible political opinions—placed in context reads quite differently:

“Indeed, it is shocking to consider the uniformity of opinion among blacks in this country. Opinion polls consistently show that only about 5% of blacks have sensible political opinions, i.e. support the free market, individual liberty, and the end of welfare and affirmative action. I know many who fall into this group personally and they deserve credit—not as representatives of a racial group, but as decent people.”

cavalier973 on December 22, 2011 at 1:33 AM

“As James Fulford points out, however:

“People seem to think that he was calling blacks ‘animals.’ This was actually the Mount Pleasant riots, the largest in DC since the 1968 Martin Luther King riots, and it was immigrant Hispanics rioting against the African-American city government, so that’s not what what’s going on here, it’s just a normal headline like ‘Inmates Take Over Asylum.’”

cavalier973 on December 22, 2011 at 1:34 AM

cavalier973

that’s interesting, how about this then?

golembythehudson on December 22, 2011 at 1:40 AM

“I really can’t bear to examine much more of Kirchick’s farrago of falsehoods: it’s like wading through waist-high muck without your pants on. I have to say, however, that this supposedly “devastating” attack on the Paul campaign is devastating, all right – to the author’s reputation as a credible reporter.”

cavalier973 on December 22, 2011 at 1:43 AM

The reason Ron Paul has so many supporters is because the Republican party has left conservatives. Until the Republican party realizes that conservatives want limits on government (term limits, a budget amendment, a taxes cap, repeal of Roe v Wade, etc.), men like Ron Paul will continue to gain traction, however crazy they may appear.

If we don’t want someone who seems kind of strange to represent us conservatives, we need to support a non-strange conservative. That means we need to stop helping the liberals to destroy true conservatives (Cain, Palin, Bachmann, Santorum), or else Republicans will lose every election until the Cubs win the World Series. (shudder) Time for a third party, perhaps?

Nephew Sam on December 22, 2011 at 1:43 AM

cavalier973 on December 22, 2011 at 1:34 AM

No one here is buying it cavalier. You’re talking to yourself. Ron Paul’s newsletters are real, and racist. They are not old news, they have not been debunked, nor are they an attempt at a smear job. There is no statute of limitations on racism. And let me head off the “He didn’t write them” argument. Well if he cant keep track of who is writing his newsletters or the content of them how is he remotely qualified to be the leader of the free world?

I know, I’m a war mongering Neocon (Jooooooooooooo lover). I’ve heard it once or twice here already.

Logboy on December 22, 2011 at 1:45 AM

Logboy on December 22, 2011 at 1:21 AM

LOL

This post has been promoted to HotAir.com.

Comments have been closed on this post but the discussion continues here.

Ed Morrissey on August 6, 2011 at 2:09 PM

Click Ed’s link. Error 404 not found. I wonder why? It couldn’t be because all of the Christian bigots and racists at HA were saying terrible things about black people could it?

Racists.

Aquateen Hungerforce on December 22, 2011 at 1:46 AM

Logboy on December 22, 2011 at 1:45 AM

Yes, deny facts. Act like the good little fascist you are. Hail the State. Hail the KKK. You filthy racist.

Aquateen Hungerforce on December 22, 2011 at 1:48 AM

Hmm… personally, if I was serving in the federal government, I’m not certain I would be able to read everything that left my office with my name attached to it. Unfortunately, the Congressional game of government involves a lot of words, and a lot more time and energy on the part of representatives than it probably should. (whatever happened to tending a farm in between sessions of Congress? :O)

Nephew Sam on December 22, 2011 at 1:51 AM

Logboy on December 22, 2011 at 1:45 AM

Do you think that Ron Paul is racist?

cavalier973 on December 22, 2011 at 1:52 AM

Racists.

Aquateen Hungerforce on December 22, 2011 at 1:46 AM

Yawn. I’m going with distraught Paulbot. Read any interesting newsletters lately, circa 1996? I heard they are rather enlightening into the intellect and ideology of Ron Paul. Apparently they’re all the rage in Iowa and New Hampshire right now.

Logboy on December 22, 2011 at 1:54 AM

that’s interesting, how about this then?

golembythehudson on December 22, 2011 at 1:40 AM

Less interesting. Looks a little slapdash, plus, hilariously, it quotes Winston Churchill, who himself had some problems with racism.

cavalier973 on December 22, 2011 at 1:54 AM

Aquateen Hungerforce on December 22, 2011 at 1:48 AM

LOL. Don’t get comfortable, you won’t be here long.

Logboy on December 22, 2011 at 1:55 AM

Hey Paulbots, this is Hot Air,
the Stormfront forum is that way —–>

The Notorious G.O.P on December 22, 2011 at 1:56 AM

that’s interesting, how about this then?

golembythehudson on December 22, 2011 at 1:40 AM

Hey Golem, whats the background on that?

Logboy on December 22, 2011 at 1:56 AM

Get your knickers out of a twist and accept that you blog in a vile cesspool of racism and chirstian bigotry.

OUT!!!

Aquateen Hungerforce on December 21, 2011 at 11:39 PM

Racists.

Aquateen Hungerforce on December 22, 2011 at 1:48 AM

Dude…..wtf? Been posting here forever…..never witnessed anything you’re talking about, and I’ve never seen you so worked up and irrational.

You OK bro? Might be time to crash….pick it up in the morning with a clear head?

Tim_CA on December 22, 2011 at 1:56 AM

Tim_CA on December 22, 2011 at 1:56 AM

You have been posting here forever, or Aqua? I was under the impression Aqua was a new addition.

Logboy on December 22, 2011 at 2:04 AM

As the Paulnuts tell us, you can’t accept the goverment’s “story” that terrorists carried out 9/11, no matter how much the conspiracy theories are debunked.

Watching the Paulians implode is great fun. Popcorn is on me.

You’re just a bigot. Not surprising you’re a Paul supporter.

Hmmm … I think I see how Paulbot reasoning works now.

…and there’s more.

I’m quite surprised at the language and generalizations used against Ron Paul supporters.

It’s similar to the language the liberal media uses against people who support Sarah Palin.

Why? If you don’t like his views, can’t we have a civil discussion, instead?

Nephew Sam on December 22, 2011 at 2:06 AM

that’s interesting, how about this then?

golembythehudson on December 22, 2011 at 1:40 AM

Hey Golem, whats the background on that?

it’s from his newsletter, the pdf link to the pages that i posted are underneath the video, the comments are from the guy who Ron Paul praised

golembythehudson on December 22, 2011 at 2:09 AM

Logboy on December 22, 2011 at 2:04 AM

Me.

And unless I’m mistaking ATHF for someone else, he’s been here a while too…….lot of semi-the-same handles floating around….not used to them all yet.

Tim_CA on December 22, 2011 at 2:09 AM

that’s interesting, how about this then?

golembythehudson on December 22, 2011 at 1:40 AM

cavalier973

yes my apologies, i’m pretty computer illiterate, all i knew how to do before today was copy and paste, as for the Churchill quote, i think it was appropriate considering the environment we currently live in today, i spent a few years in Europe recently and the Jew-hatred there is unbelievable, i’m dismayed to see it gaining traction here on the back of financial discord, the same pattern existed in the Weimar Republic.

golembythehudson on December 22, 2011 at 2:18 AM

Me.

Tim_CA on December 22, 2011 at 2:09 AM

I read some earlier comments similar to yours. As near as I can tell, Aqua is a Paulbot, and an atheist. So to get back at all those who think Paul is racist, Aqua has attacked Christianity, and is trying to label HA as a bunch of rabid little racists. I think Aqua has been here a while, I sort of remember seeing the name around the boards. The other comments sound that way too. Either way, after all the vitriol Aqua posted tonight about HA, they wont be here much longer.

Logboy on December 22, 2011 at 2:23 AM

From native Europeans, or from the Muslim immigrants?

cavalier973 on December 22, 2011 at 2:27 AM

That’s what has me puzzled….never got that vibe from him.

Logboy on December 22, 2011 at 2:23 AM

Hope that’s not the case…..think this might have been a combination of a button push and a tequila buzz.

Tim_CA on December 22, 2011 at 2:37 AM

“It turns out that the brilliant Fischer, who has all the makings of an American hero, is very politically incorrect on Jewish questions, for which he will never be forgiven, even though he is a Jew. Thus we are not supposed to herald him as the world’s greatest chess player.”

I’m…not seeing any real anti-Semitism shining through that quote.

It says “on Jewish questions”, with an “s” at the end, not “the Jewish Question”, which is what the video averred was mentioned.

The quote is criticising the inability to recognize someone’s gifts, talents, or abilities because of political correctness.

The line “who has all the makings of an American hero” might be problematic except that other genuine American heroes, like Henry Ford and Charles Lindberg, had questionable attitudes about the Jewish people.

But it was interesting; that’s the first time I’ve actually read any of the infamous RON PAUL RACIST JEW-HATER LETTER(C)

cavalier973 on December 22, 2011 at 2:39 AM

i think you know very well what he meant by the “jewish question”, whether it’s singular or plural, the intent is the same, and describing him as “brilliant”, and having all the makings of an “American hero” knowing his positions on Jews, such as:

“The Jews control everything and everybody. The United States is a farce controlled by dirty, hook-nosed. circumcised Jew bastards.- Bombo Radyo, Philippines”

means that you are going to have a lot of cognitive dissonance to continue supporting a guy like Paul, unless you agree with him of course, then it’s understandable

golembythehudson on December 22, 2011 at 2:59 AM

more on the man Paul regards as “brilliant” and an American hero:

“My basic thesis is that the Jews are a criminal people, and the Jews completely control the United States, and the Jews are using the United States as a vehicle to take over the world. – On being asked what he hoped to achieve by giving radio interviews”

There is no United States as people think of it. It’s just a puppet in the Jews’ hands. It’s a plaything for the Jews. . . The US government and American Jewry are virtually interchangeable. . . They’re lying bastards. Jews were always lying bastards throughout their history. They’re a filthy, dirty, disgusting, vile, criminal people. . . They’re just unbelievably wicked bastards. – Speaking on Bombo Radyo, Philippines

golembythehudson on December 22, 2011 at 3:05 AM

The newsletter said that Bobby Fischer was “brilliant” in relation to his chess playing. The statement is true whether one agrees with Bobby Fischer’s political stances or not.

And no, “The Jewish Question” and “Jewish Questions” are not the same thing. You have to look at the context.

I agree with Ron Paul, but neither he nor I are anti-semetic. You haven’t proven your case, namely that “Ron Paul says that Bobby Fischer was a brilliant chess player, and Bobby Fischer is an anti-Semite, so Ron Paul is anti-semitic”.

cavalier973 on December 22, 2011 at 3:12 AM

I have been here since MM ran the place the place and ai have no idea who Aqua is talking about…however his bigotry is right out in the open for all to witness.

EnochCain on December 22, 2011 at 6:56 AM

‘hypocrisy’ Funny that it’s legit for Paul to attack Gingrich on his past remarks but it’s not ok for Paul to be tasked for his. This guy actually believes he has all the answers–a tin God. Kind of like Obama in that respect doncha think.

jeanie on December 22, 2011 at 9:10 AM

Personally, I think it should be Hawk Gryph & Maddy. ;)

gryphon202 on December 22, 2011 at 12:16 AM

Maddy? Maddy?

That sounds like what you call your little cousin when he comes to visit. “Hey Maddy, did you bring some toys to play with? You’ve gotten so big.”

lol Maddy. I’m using that. I thank you, Gryph. Maddy probably won’t.

hawkdriver on December 22, 2011 at 10:03 AM

lol Maddy. I’m using that. I thank you, Gryph. Maddy probably won’t.

hawkdriver on December 22, 2011 at 10:03 AM

H. O. M. O.

MadisonConservative on December 22, 2011 at 10:04 AM

Racism, straight up.

Aquateen Hungerforce on December 22, 2011 at 1:11 AM

Religious bigotry, straight up.

Where do all the Christian idiots flock to once their idiot hateful candidates are knocked off?

Aquateen Hungerforce on December 21, 2011 at 8:28 PM

BTW, not one person was professing an opinion about Paul’s bigoted newsletters based on their faith. ATHF, pulled this right out of his 4th point of contact.

Yeah, probably. But at least we won’t believe in a caveman’s skygod spaghetti monster to help us get through life like some weak sniveling little punk. :)

Aquateen Hungerforce on December 21, 2011 at 8:36 PM

It had nothing to do with the subject and man, I’m really surprised at what you said. I had no idea you disliked Christians so much and blamed us for all of this.

hawkdriver on December 21, 2011 at 8:46 PM

Well, HA is a known christian hotbed, and a lot of folks are calling the guy I support a Nazi etc. So, yeah, it kinda did have something to do with it.

Aquateen Hungerforce on December 21, 2011 at 9:13 PM

What did it have to do with the subject? Did Christians attack Paul? Do you have some register of who is and who isn’t? Your logic is lacking here.

Bottom line. Paul wrote or sponsored in a newsletter that he’s responsible for, very bigoted, racial remarks. That had nothing to do with you bashing Christians. But again, it’s good to know where you stand with people.

hawkdriver on December 21, 2011 at 9:23 PM

Yeah. Frankly, Christians make me sick. I tolerate RP’s Christianity because I’m fairly certain it would have nothing to do with his governance.

Aquateen Hungerforce on December 21, 2011 at 9:31 PM

Straight up, off topic religious bigotry and intolerance.

hawkdriver on December 22, 2011 at 10:18 AM

H. O. M. O.

MadisonConservative on December 22, 2011 at 10:04 AM

Chuckling while I type this .. “Maddy, you’re here.”

hawkdriver on December 22, 2011 at 10:19 AM

Nephew Sam on December 22, 2011 at 1:43 AM

Your comments are great and so is your website. You’re one of the few supporters of this man that you can have a reasonable exchange with.

hawkdriver on December 22, 2011 at 10:25 AM

Gotta say the interviewer was beating a dead horse because she was not getting the answers she wanted. I don’t blame Ron Paul for walking out, and btw, it was walked out, not “stormed” out.

sunstamp on December 22, 2011 at 12:32 PM

cavalier973

Pauls history of endorsing anti-semites isn’t proof? He endorsed Cynthia McKinney and Ralph Nader too.

Hard Right on December 22, 2011 at 12:38 PM

Straight up, off topic religious bigotry and intolerance.

hawkdriver on December 22, 2011 at 10:18 AM

And the whole time, I’m a nonbeliever attacking Paul, which doesn’t faze him one bit. What a ridiculous as*hole.

MadisonConservative on December 22, 2011 at 1:16 PM

Nephew Sam on December 22, 2011 at 1:43 AM

hawkdriver on December 22, 2011 at 10:25 AM

Thank you! It is kind of you to say so. :)

I’m not certain Paul is the best option… I’m just a bit wary of the options the establishment and media are pushing. XD

Nephew Sam on December 22, 2011 at 3:05 PM

Let’s play, who made that insane comment?!

“Every time you think about this toughness on the border and ID cards and REAL IDs, think it’s a penalty against the American people too. I think this fence business is designed and may well be used against us and keep us in. In economic turmoil, the people want to leave with their capital and there’s capital controls and there’s people controls. Every time you think about the fence being used to keep all those bad people out, think about the fences being used against us, keeping us in.”

If you guessed Ron Paul, you are correct!

Hard Right on December 22, 2011 at 3:35 PM

What a ridiculous as*hole.

MadisonConservative on December 22, 2011 at 1:16 PM

I smile on the inside every time I’m called an a-hole by a racist. It means I’m doing something right.

Aquateen Hungerforce on December 22, 2011 at 9:20 PM

Aquateen Hungerforce on December 21, 2011 at 9:31 PM

I guess you teach by example. You really give meaning to the word bigot. You have no business chastising anybody on the issue of race.

Yes, RSM has a history of racially bigoted remarks.
Yes, Ron Paul is the author and publisher of a virulently racist newsletter. His current denials only highlight his past beliefs.
Yes ATHF is a anti Christian bigot. He is also a troll and may be drug-addicted.

No, the Tea Party is not racist.
No, Republicans are not racist.

You know who I don’t have to worry has some black or brown skeletons in their closet? Willard Mitt Romney. Voting to nominate anybody else is conservative Republican malpractice.

Capitalist Hog on December 22, 2011 at 9:27 PM

Aquateen Hungerforce on December 22, 2011 at 9:20 PM

Do you smile on the inside when someone called you an anti-religious and intolerant bigot?

Because you are. And it’s nothing to be proud of.

hawkdriver on December 22, 2011 at 11:28 PM

Borger: “These things are pretty incendiary.”
Paul: “That’s because of people like you.”

Really? Only liberal/media types should find the newsletters offensive?

No, it means you, Ace and Ed et al are functioning, card carrying members of that same segment of our sociopolitical construct that would bear any assault on your neighbors rights as long as you believe you get to remain a member of the elite.

Beto Ochoa on December 25, 2011 at 9:48 AM