“Game Change” trailer: Introducing Sarah Palin

posted at 8:05 pm on December 21, 2011 by Allahpundit

Two years ago, this trailer would have consisted mostly of beatific shots of Obama on the trail in 2008 preaching about hope, healing a leper, maybe feeding a doe-eyed baby deer, etc. Two dismal years later, he’s nowhere to be seen; they’re all in on the tried and true “Palin drama” formula instead. If you wanted to know how Hollywood feels about his first term, there’s a little glimpse. Right, Matt Damon?

I’ve never met Steve Schmidt but my sense of his personality after having read a thousand quotes from him in news articles is wildly different from a character Woody Harrelson would or should play. Harrelson’s schtick is the loose cannon, the guy who’s perpetually five minutes away from doing something nuts; he’s interesting because he’s unpredictable. Schmidt, by contrast, is a sort of archetypal mainstream insider Republican who only did something unpredictable — namely, suggesting Palin to McCain — because he was desperate to cut into Obama’s lead. He’s the opposite of wild-eyed, which is to say he’s basically the opposite of Harrelson. So why’d they cast Harrelson here? Was it just the baldness?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 5 6 7 8

We all found out Carter was an idiot when his solution to the oil embargo was to tell us all to put on SWEATERS!!!!!!!!!

karenhasfreedom on December 22, 2011 at 1:57 AM

I remember watching that when I was a kid. I remember thinking, “OK, I need to go over to the thermostat and adjust it.” Also remember, even at that age, that it seemed a little weird that the president would come on TV and tell me do do something like that inside my dad’s house.

cane_loader on December 22, 2011 at 2:24 AM

You go ad hominem on them, you’re effing history.

TXUS on December 22, 2011 at 1:57 AM

The Twerp came after me. I have a problem with people who try to tell me what I can and can’t say. She can’t play the victim card here, b/c I would have ignored her otherwise but I don’t find anything she says on politics to be compelling.

Don’t play moderator on me if you don’t want me to put you on the witness stand and prosecute you.

She’s not affiliated with this website and she doesn’t get the set the terms for them. She uses crass language all the time so I nailed her with her own hypocrisy on top of everything else.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 2:24 AM

“Undefeated” which highlights the real Sarah Palin, now streams on Netflix and is a much better choice than ‘Game Change’.

RUN SARAH RUN (PLEASE)!

Pragmatic on December 22, 2011 at 2:25 AM

cane_loader on December 22, 2011 at 2:24 AM

To be fair, I had the same jarring feeling as an adult after 9/11 when Bush told me to go shopping.

cane_loader on December 22, 2011 at 2:26 AM

We don’t discuss matters of faith anymore.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 22, 2011 at 2:17 AM

A Lot of Jewish rabbi’s have claimed that the holocaust came because Jews started acting like non Jews, they were ….reformed, And the holocaust proved to them that no matter how Jewish you were, Orthodox, Reform, etc… Hitler still wanted you DEAD

I for one believe in God, And i have no plans to decide why God is doing stuff the way he does, And i have no idea why he allowed the holocaust to happen, But he doesn’t have to provide me with a reason, there is a reason and he knows it, Claiming to know why God did X Y & Z, Is nothing different then claiming the Haiti earthquake came because they didn’t have moral values,

Lesson in life, whenever a pastor, Rabbi, etc.. tells you a reason why God did something, you bet he is a fraud

OrthodoxJew on December 22, 2011 at 2:26 AM

We don’t discuss matters of faith anymore.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 22, 2011 at 2:17 AM

Jesus, and all of his apostles, were pious Jews. I tend to believe they were Pharisees, who were more liberal in their interpretation of Mosiac law and actually listened to the prophets.

Christian, which derives from the Greek “Kristos” (Messiah), means messiah-follower.

Many Jews believed their messiah would be more like King David, a conqueror on the physical plane.

Christians argued the messiah was more of a spiritual nature.

2.1 billion followers later, they may have had something there.

John the Libertarian on December 22, 2011 at 2:27 AM

I never heard of Harvard or Yale having good engineering programs.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 2:27 AM

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 2:24 AM

Hey man, there’s no upside in just trying to fight everyone. We all get spun up once in awhile; why don’t you take a break for a day or so to calm down, and enjoy contributing to the site, instead of squabbling with posters? You might enjoy it more.

cane_loader on December 22, 2011 at 2:28 AM

OrthodoxJew on December 22, 2011 at 2:26 AM

Look no further than Judges. Every time the Israelites “strayed” or were perceived to have strayed, God delivered them into the hands of their enemies.

John the Libertarian on December 22, 2011 at 2:29 AM

My maternal grandmother made great latkes…and brisket…and…she was one heck of an old school Bubbe. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on December 22, 2011 at 2:20 AM

Yeah, the older women sure knew how to cook, without a 100 cook books

(I still go to my grandmother every now and then to eat chulant on sabbath)

Good night

OrthodoxJew on December 22, 2011 at 2:30 AM

Sarah might be better served waiting out this election,serving in the administration, and running for president down the line. I’m not sure that America doesn’t need her now, but God only knows.

cane_loader on December 22, 2011 at 2:31 AM

John the Libertarian on December 22, 2011 at 2:29 AM

Exactly, And the moment God decided to forgive the Jews for their sins, They were on top again,

Okay i really have to go sleep now, Its great to be a member oh the HA community

OrthodoxJew on December 22, 2011 at 2:36 AM

cane_loader on December 22, 2011 at 2:28 AM

You are just part of the lynch mob pretending to be cool about it.

I’m not spun up about anything, your cyberbuddies are all spun up about me. They want to argue with me, and ignoring about 80% of their attacks on me. I’m not choosing to be contentious, they are. They don’t even have enough perception to see I’m engaging in faux arrogance to tweak them. I don’t have a problem tweaking people who have told me they hate me and seem jealous of my engineering degree.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 2:36 AM

John the Libertarian on December 22, 2011 at 2:29 AM

I have to mitigate this. This is NO WAY makes any sense or explanation for the horrible atrocities those monsters committed, period. But the language of Judges sort of breezes over what must have been horrible atrocities.

John the Libertarian on December 22, 2011 at 2:37 AM

Is not hypocrisy to lecture somebody about using the word sodomy and then 5 minutes later use the word “dick” in a conversation with somebody else?

Annoying little twerp wants to have it both ways.

Just a little FYI, as she would say.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 2:43 AM

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 2:36 AM

Now I’m guessing mid-20s, and all you have is a degree to bolster your insecurities. No one CARES what you studied. You’re still a social retard.

John the Libertarian on December 22, 2011 at 2:47 AM

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 2:43 AM

FYI: My comment was on Wednesday, I used the word ONCE. You said ‘Sodomy’ 40-50 times…and I was wasn’t the only one who complained about your choice of…topic.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 22, 2011 at 2:48 AM

I used the word ONCE.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 22, 2011 at 2:48 AM

alt, I’ve got to go to bed, but I have to say this: this guy is a complete moron, and I haven’t gone after someone like this since narutoboy.

Who was banned, btw.

John the Libertarian on December 22, 2011 at 2:54 AM

John the Libertarian on December 22, 2011 at 2:54 AM

I gotta sleep too.
Night, friend.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 22, 2011 at 2:56 AM

You constantly talk about your engineering degree or your engineering program. Trust me. Nobody gives a damn. Sorry you havent been able to pick up on that. Friggin anybody can get an engineering degree. Did you go to an Ivy League school?

Is there anything impressive about you? Of course not. There cant be. If you had a life or anything impressive going on in your pathetic life, you wouldnt be on hotair hour after hour after hour after trolling and trying so hard, and failing to be clever and funny. You arent you suck. Get a life. Try keeping your posts to under 10 a day…not over 200 a day. No, I didnt count, loser.

Jailbreak on December 22, 2011 at 2:16 AM

This is so true. I’ve only been posting here a few days, and already I’ve become annoyed with the ridiculous overposting of that person. And the worst part is most of his comments seem like he pulled them from out of you-know-where. I’m for Romney, and I don’t even mind reading posts from some of the more rabid Romney bashers as much as I mind that guy’s. At least they don’t seem to be posting just for the sake of posting. Even the Paul fanboys (who I kind of feel sorry for but admire for their online dedication) are more tolerable than someone who comes dangerously close to hijacking multiple threads where every third comment sometimes seems to be from that same person.

bluegill on December 22, 2011 at 3:07 AM

Two dismal years later, he’s nowhere to be seen; they’re all in on the tried and true “Palin drama” formula instead.by Allahpundit

Genius you realize that the movie is based on a book of the same title. The main focus of the book is McCain’s campaign. Matt Damon is not dissapointed because Obama is not conservative enough but not liberal enough. You people call him socialist … but you chant when a liberal doesnt think he is socialist enough. The thing I hate about cons is the need to do some verbage jujitsu to slam the president no matter what. I wish….

Isserley on December 22, 2011 at 3:10 AM

Tesla, here is a hint, LOTS of us here have engineering degrees, advanced degrees, professional degrees, MBAs, etc. I got my engineering degree back in the 70′s from Purdue when women were only 3% of the entire engineering school. I even had my PE license, but finally stopped paying the renewal a few years ago because I moved onward and upward from engineering 2 decades ago. So kudos on making it through killer classes, but you are not unique with your educational background. We even have some very wise posters here who graduated from the school of hard knocks. One person I particularly admire is a guy who runs a landscape and snow removal business and he is still trying to keep it together in this challenging economy. I forgot his screen name, but he adds good insight to discussions here. I appreciate Steve Eggleston who keeps us apprised of the zaniness in WI as Walker tames the public unions. We just don’t flaunt our educational backgrounds here. Our common bond is an interest in politics and most of us love this country, regardless of who we support for elected office.

cane_loader on December 22, 2011 at 2:31 AM

If we had a better candidate who would beat Obama to a pulp in the campaign next year, I would be OK with having Sarah become the new head of the combined Dept of Interior, Dept of Energy and the EPA. I don’t know what we could call that new department, but she could completely remove all of the anti business regulations and unleash our energy production. Can you imagine the economic engine that could be created from that?

karenhasfreedom on December 22, 2011 at 3:10 AM

karenhasfreedom on December 22, 2011 at 3:10 AM

Well said. I’d like to add if I may, that most of us should be all of us.

Flotsam Jetsome on December 22, 2011 at 3:37 AM

Not sure I agree – I consider both to be pompous a$$holes with nothing to backup the pomp.

besser tot als rot on December 22, 2011 at 4:27 AM

Something about that just doesn’t seem true.

Why can’t this tactic be used to run out every govenor people don’t like in Alaska? I have not heard about the Republican gov. that replaced Palin ahve to defend himself at his own expense from liberal bogus charges and I doubt liberals love him anymore than Palin.

Dr. Tesla on December 21, 2011 at 11:21 PM

That’s because as soon as Gov. Palin left office the law was CHANGED YOU MORON! That’s the thing with you people when it comes to Gov. Palin you never seem to investigate the facts for yourselves, you just swallow the media memes and drink the drink the kool-aid.

By the way before you mention it, she also created a legal defense fund, the same defense fund created for Hilary Clinton and John Kerry. Also this legal defense fund was drawn up by the same law firm that created the Hilary Clinton and John Kerry legal defense funds. And guess what? When the fund was created lo and behold, ethics complaint was filed against it and Gov. Palin and the money had to be returned back to those who donated.

She could not win with the ethics complaints and she knew it. she did what was right and honorable, moving the target away from the State of Alaska.

HerneTheHunter on December 22, 2011 at 4:33 AM

Why hasn’t Palin endorsed anyone yet? She should try to help galvanize the not-Romney and not-Gingrich vote. Really, she should pick one of Perry, Bachmann, or Santorum (in decreasing order of my preference – but the actual pick doesn’t matter so much to me as that it is made).

besser tot als rot on December 22, 2011 at 4:36 AM

HerneTheHunter on December 22, 2011 at 4:33 AM

I think that is true. Unfortunately, I also think that it is true that it seriously damaged her future political ambitions.

besser tot als rot on December 22, 2011 at 4:38 AM

I’ve only been posting here a few days,

bluegill on December 22, 2011 at 3:07 AM

And quickly vaunted yourself into elite status as one of the most rabid, vitriolic posters. Congratulations.

besser tot als rot on December 22, 2011 at 4:41 AM

vaulted.

besser tot als rot on December 22, 2011 at 4:42 AM

engineering degree?
big deal!

mrks on December 22, 2011 at 4:45 AM

because she isn’t happy with any of the candidates and if we are lucky will jump in when she thinks its the right time. go read on C4P as you penance.

mrks on December 22, 2011 at 4:47 AM

besser tot als rot on December 22, 2011 at 4:36 AM

Why should she? Tell me did any of these candidates come to her defense when she was being blamed for Tuscon? Did any come to her defense time after time when she was being savaged by the rabid loons on the left and even those supposedly on her own team?

Time and time she goes out for them and yet receives no support in return. Tell me why should she go out for these people again? She’s not good enough to run but you want her support?

No! This is their barbecue and it taste good from my plate. She should just sit back and enjoy the party.

HerneTheHunter on December 22, 2011 at 4:56 AM

So, even after three years of her failed veep bid, she’s a bigger star than the current president? Who knew.

promachus on December 21, 2011 at 8:15 PM

I might suggest that Sarah did not have a “failed veep bid”. The GOP forced her to “bring a marshmallow to a gun fight” and her imbecilic McCainiac control freaks who warned her not to criticize the Marxist/ friend of terrorists” had the failed bid, which she, in spite of the right’s ineptitude, almost saved.

Even after the election, the establishment tried to shoot her down and the GOP has been her worse enemey of all.

Sarah is the only only conservative I’d vote for -the rest are either libertarian radicals or or unprincipled chameleons.

It’ll be Oromney as it was determined a long time ago. Frankly, if Satan was running the establishment GOP would either endorse him or put up a candidate witrh a red tail and horns.

Don L on December 22, 2011 at 5:47 AM

It is too late for Palin to run

conservativeBC on December 22, 2011 at 5:47 AM

sorry will not watch, it will just be another hit piece from hollywood…

cmsinaz on December 22, 2011 at 6:14 AM

This puzzles me.
If she is so lame, so unelectable, so not a threat to the Democrats.. why waste all of this time and energy on a movie about her?

JellyToast on December 22, 2011 at 6:26 AM

Unless, of course, this is really a movie about how glorious and historical Dear Leader is.

JellyToast on December 22, 2011 at 6:28 AM

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 2:36 AM

facepalm

nathor on December 22, 2011 at 6:28 AM

Julianne Moore is hot … one of my favorite actresses because she’s a red head and not afraid to run around totally nude in movies. God – I love her but …

She doesn’t look as good as “Palin” as Palin herself does.

HondaV65 on December 22, 2011 at 6:44 AM

It is too late for Palin to run

conservativeBC on December 22, 2011 at 5:47 AM

I respectfully disagree. If some of the higher echelons of the GOP are loudly whispering about Governor Bush getting in, then it’s not too late for Governor Palin.

Granted she wouldn’t have the immediate resources available to her that an establishment backed Jeb Bush would have, but there are still millions of Palin foot-soldiers standing at the ready just waiting for her to give the word.

And I believe that if she were to jump in now, the amount of money she could quickly raise would shock both the RNC and DNC.

My 2 cents. Good morning everybody and have a great day.

Flora Duh on December 22, 2011 at 6:53 AM

Hello fellow commenters. This is my first post on hotgas and let me just say I’m honored to be here. I’ve followed hotair for many years and enjoy the snarky asides to the headlines.

I too wish Sarah Palin had entered the race but I suppose one can’t have everything.

richardporter on December 22, 2011 at 7:13 AM

Watch “Undefeated” (now streams on Netflix) and you will be convinced that Sarah Palin is who America needs in 2012. Run Sarah Run!

Pragmatic on December 22, 2011 at 7:32 AM

Christians argued the messiah was more of a spiritual nature.

2.1 billion followers later, they may have had something there.

John the Libertarian on December 22, 2011 at 2:27 AM

number does not make right. islam also has plenty of followers.

nathor on December 22, 2011 at 8:01 AM

Why hasn’t Palin endorsed anyone yet?

besser tot als rot on December 22, 2011 at 4:36 AM

Who would you suggest? There is no one getting my coveted (/) endorsement, yet, either. I’ve jumped in few times, kicked some tires, done my own vetting and have been thoroughly disappointed in the whole lot of ‘em.

Fallon on December 22, 2011 at 8:11 AM

Flora Duh on December 22, 2011 at 6:53 AM

Good morning, Flora. I had an Eastern box turtle named Flora Da, once. Anyway, I agree with you. I had set aside some money, waiting for Sarah to declare. It’s still there. I said, if she says “No” that would be it, but I’d jump to her campaign in a heart beat.

Fallon on December 22, 2011 at 8:17 AM

Good morning! Ha! 600+ comments…HotAir back to normal with a Palin thread.

ProudPalinFan on December 22, 2011 at 8:19 AM

Woody Harrelson was McCain’s campaign advisor?!?! Wait a minute, that explains everything.

bitsy on December 22, 2011 at 8:24 AM

Pragmatic on December 22, 2011 at 8:24 AM

Governor Palin is a REFORMER. John McCain panders, praises Obama and now with the threat O uses from the bully pulpit goes out there and says that the Republicans don’t look good doing what they want to do…a year, not two months to extend the agony and the bullying, and improve it.

At least he will retire!

ProudPalinFan on December 22, 2011 at 8:25 AM

HerneTheHunter on December 22, 2011 at 4:56 AM

THIS!

ProudPalinFan on December 22, 2011 at 8:28 AM

Big mistake by HBO. Anyone who cares has already seen the movie in real life, and it was the suck. They should have cast Woody Harrelson as John McCain and had him and Palin go on a cross country, drug fueled bank robbing spree while being pursued by zombies. That might have been worth watching.

bitsy on December 22, 2011 at 8:28 AM

There is no defense for unseen. That guy smeared everyone who wasn’t Palin with lies and innuendo. Remember when he accused Bachmann of raising foster kids for the money?

John the Libertarian on December 21, 2011 at 9:54 PM

I felt uncomfortable with unseen too; he knows about my illnesses and at one time he was sarcastic. He may read this and argue, but there was no empathy at all.

ProudPalinFan on December 22, 2011 at 8:34 AM

After next year our current dear leader could star in a movie about his life and times. She’s not even running and they make a movie about her. The left never gives up trying to nail the coffin shut on Sarah’s political career.

Kissmygrits on December 22, 2011 at 8:39 AM

Funny how lifeless the portrayal of Palin looked. The energy of the event was completely lost. I wonder if that’s what it all looked like to someone on the left, or if they just botched it.

Anyway, for entertainment, I think I’d much rather see Sarah’s speeches strung together. I mean that literally; it would be more entertaining. Granted — Judging by the very short clip. And that is why they are making this, right? Entertainment?

No HBO anyway, so … no worries.

Axe on December 22, 2011 at 8:49 AM

Does anyone else find this really creepy? I mean it was like 3 years ago we were watching this in real life, so why are we now watching it with bad look-alike actors? I mean… it’s just weird.

demotheses on December 22, 2011 at 8:50 AM

They were afraid she would be a candidate and needed a propaganda effort to harm her.

Now they have a movie with no point, use, or audience.

profitsbeard on December 21, 2011 at 8:24 PM

That was my 1st thought.

Badger40 on December 22, 2011 at 8:52 AM

Does anyone else find this really creepy?

demotheses on December 22, 2011 at 8:50 AM

Yup. Usually, it takes longer for the left to try to rewrite history into their version/vision of it.

Fallon on December 22, 2011 at 8:53 AM

Reformed to be too leftist – ALT

How so? Having once been familiar with it, I always thought of the Reformed faith as hard right.

mrsknightley on December 22, 2011 at 8:58 AM

Good morning! Ha! 600+ comments…HotAir back to normal with a Palin thread.

ProudPalinFan on December 22, 2011 at 8:19 AM

I know! It’s so embarrassing how Palin has no influence anymore :)

Axe on December 22, 2011 at 9:02 AM

I rarely post, but read everyday and was thankful I was home for the “registration”. Living in central Ohio and working for a successful doctor, I can say that I do not have ONE patient who would not love to vote for Palin. That’s all I hear, “I wish Palin was in, she had my vote. For someone unelectable, she sure was popular here in my neck of the woods. She had my vote, my family’s vote and most of my neighbors. Right now, there is no one I would pull the lever for. Oh, and for those who pray, I have a big favor, prayers for my son and his unit, on his 7th tour. Thank you and to all, have a very Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

noneoftheabove on December 22, 2011 at 9:11 AM

Any Palanites have a guess why she pulled her “it’s not too late to run” bit the other day?
I mean if she wanted to run, she would win, so why not just do it or not do it?

demotheses on December 22, 2011 at 9:11 AM

I hope she jumps in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RUN SARAH RUN . . PRETTY PLEASE?

Pragmatic on December 22, 2011 at 9:18 AM

Julianne Moore looks way too old and shriveled to play Sarah Palin, and judging from this promo clip, Moore’s weak acting skills are pushed to their limits in her attempt to portray a complex character, who she obviously does not understand (talk about missing the mark).

If HBO actually wants people to watch (they don’t really, of course – that was not the intent of this project), perhaps they should not have chosen this clip of Julianne Moore – those few seconds of screen time reveal that this movie is nothing more than a hit piece, and that Moore is in way over her head.

Pork-Chop on December 22, 2011 at 9:21 AM

noneoftheabove on December 22, 2011 at 9:11 AM

Merry Christmas to you and prayers for your son and his unit.

Flora Duh on December 22, 2011 at 9:23 AM

ProudPalinFan on December 22, 2011 at 8:19 AM

Over 600 comments even though we are missing most of the usual suspects!

Cindy Munford on December 22, 2011 at 9:24 AM

noneoftheabove on December 22, 2011 at 9:11 AM

Thank you for raising a son that serves and he will be added to my prayers.

Cindy Munford on December 22, 2011 at 9:26 AM

667th!

[Just reading page 6 of this thread was brutal.]

Anyway, I only commented so that the total comments didn’t stand at an ominous 666. :-)

ShainS on December 22, 2011 at 9:28 AM

richardporter on December 22, 2011 at 7:13 AM

Still, one can try :)

Welcome!

Axe on December 22, 2011 at 9:29 AM

ShainS on December 22, 2011 at 9:28 AM

Cindy Munford … was 666 … again?

Axe on December 22, 2011 at 9:31 AM

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 2:36 AM

John the Libertarian on December 22, 2011 at 2:47 AM

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
It’s the daily Gardasil shots, that are self administered!
It affects men in a different way.

KOOLAID2 on December 22, 2011 at 9:33 AM

I’m a huge Palin supporter. Always have been always will be.
Long ago I conjectured that one of two scenarios would happen regarding Palin.
1.She would be nominated either VP or Potus and we would win or,
2. She would support us as she did in 2010 and help elect loads of PUbbies to the House, Senate and most likely potus.
Looks like its the second.
Rumors were she had lots of death threats on her and her family and that’s why she decided not to run.
At the Republican convention in Tampa if the RNC has half a brain,which is debatable,they will put the nominee on stage holding an American flag with Sarah on one side and Marco Rubio on the other.
An hour later when the applause subsides the party will be so energized we will win no matter what the DBM or the dems try.

rodguy911 on December 22, 2011 at 9:35 AM

noneoftheabove on December 22, 2011 at 9:11 AM
Merry Christmas to you and prayers for your son and his unit.

Flora Duh on December 22, 2011 at 9:23 AM

===================================================================Lordy Duh….you just signed off a few hours ago and went to bed.
You are like canapfor! A napper…not a sleeper!

KOOLAID2 on December 22, 2011 at 9:37 AM

Axe on December 22, 2011 at 9:31 AM

Stop that!!!!!

Cindy Munford on December 22, 2011 at 9:44 AM

Eh, one or two words sounded like Palin, but the rest were off. I’m sure she’ll still win all kinds of awards though.

McDuck on December 22, 2011 at 9:48 AM

*sigh*

Recalling the first time I heard Palin interviewed. It was amazing.

If it weren’t for her, BHO would’ve garnered significantly more electoral votes. She carried McCain while taking fire from all quarters and came out stronger.

I wistfully think about her in this race as a rematch to take down the doofus-in-chief without her hands tied behind her back and the backstabbing from the McCain campaign machine.

freedomfirst on December 22, 2011 at 9:54 AM

Duh….you just signed off a few hours ago and went to bed.
You are like canapfor! A napper…not a sleeper!

KOOLAID2 on December 22, 2011 at 9:37 AM

Yep, about 4 hours a night is all I need. And maybe an hour nap during the day.

Flora Duh on December 22, 2011 at 10:01 AM

mrsknightley on December 22, 2011 at 8:58 AM

I was referring to reform Judaism. VERY left-wing. I was married in an RCA church(Reformed Church in America) and they’ve gone very left too.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 22, 2011 at 10:15 AM

I never heard of Harvard or Yale having good engineering programs.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 2:27 AM

Well, I guess you need to get out more.

Brown(Ranked #40 in engineering of those US Schools Offering PhD), Columbia(#26), Cornell(#9), Dartmouth(#45), Harvard(#26), Princeton(#11), UPenn(#32), and Yale(#40) all have undergraduate Engineering programs. Or were you looking at Grad level degrees?

Sure, they are no MITs but not bad.

OBQuiet on December 22, 2011 at 10:17 AM

You are just part of the lynch mob pretending to be cool about it.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 2:36 AM

I’m not part of any mob – just getting sick of you getting off on your persecution complex.

Most of us are here to discuss politics. You, on the other hand, are enjoying the ad hominem against other posters and seem to be getting off on it.

If you insist on just sowing discord, then I will join the “lynch mob.”

cane_loader on December 22, 2011 at 10:33 AM

I was referring to reform Judaism. VERY left-wing.

Oh, that makes a lot more sense. I thought you were talking about Calvinism, which is sometimes termed Reformed.

mrsknightley on December 22, 2011 at 10:43 AM

mrsknightley on December 22, 2011 at 10:43 AM

I’m married to a Calvinist. They’re…interesting.LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on December 22, 2011 at 10:59 AM

Fallon

I’ve felt this way. But even one of these lemons with a new paint job is better then riding the Obama bicycle to work everyday.

BoxHead1 on December 22, 2011 at 10:59 AM

alt IS the good folk at HotAir. I don’t appreciate you calling her a bimbo, or dragging her son into this.

Maybe we SHOULD start stalking people for the banhammer.

John the Libertarian on December 22, 2011 at 12:11 AM

Well, I’ve been fair to you, even after your humiliating public display last night. But I have come to the conclusion that you are arrogant, patronizing, misinformed, homophobic, bigoted, misogynistic and narcissistic.

PLEASE BAN DR. TESLA.

John the Libertarian on December 22, 2011 at 12:24 AM

Surprise, surprise. You’re young. How did I already know that?

PLEASE BAN DR. TESLA.

John the Libertarian on December 22, 2011 at 12:29 AM

I don’t lie.

PLEASE BAN DR. TESLA.

John the Libertarian on December 22, 2011 at 12:30 AM

Ageist, too.

PLEASE BAN DR. TESLA.

John the Libertarian on December 22, 2011 at 12:35 AM

God complex much?

PLEASE BAN DR. TESLA.

John the Libertarian on December 22, 2011 at 12:39 AM

PLEASE BAN DR. TESLA.

John the Libertarian on December 22, 2011 at 1:09 AM

Oh, man up for crying out loud. We’ve seen far nastier stuff here for the past three years. Other posters have delighted in being a splinter under other people’s skin, but no one’s calling for them to be banned.

Aitch748 on December 22, 2011 at 11:00 AM

Engineers in general are aware they don’t know everything. Hence our insatiable quest for more knowledge.

I learned in college that not knowning something is less problematic that not knowing that you don’t know. I think Obama falls in that category…he does not know what he does not know and thus he thinks he knows it all.

I also learned in my engineering program to pay attention to the message, not the style or preceived intelligence of the messenger. As an engineer, you deal with a lot of people less intelligent, some of them sound like complete hicks, but a lot of the time they are telling you something important.

That’s why I’m more open to Perry and Bush type of candidates because I focus more on what they are trying to say, not how well delivered the message is.

I think liberal arts and business majors tend to like Romney/Obama type of candidates b/c they were taught slick matters in school.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 12:55 AM

OMG (is that allowed here or is it banned as a religious discussion?)

You are actually bragging about an engineering degree? You actually fancy that engineers are automatically big brains and great thinkers and thus, your views must be automatically superior to, say, a farmer or fisherman or philosopher or English teacher? So you use one of the most egregious logical fallacies as the premise to bolster your puffery about your superior understanding in knowing when you don’t know anything?

Using your rules of “logic”, let me share what I’ve learned about engineers over my lifetime:

They’re essentially technicians…take away their slide rules and they’re idiot savants. Nuclear engineers don’t have senses of humor. Aeronautical ones do–and seem to be the most creative (except for avionics engineers who are socially on a par with nuclear ones). Few spend much time contemplating anything but gadgets, are lamentably ignorant about history and the great works of mankind, and are social dweebs who make insulting statements about anyone who isn’t him/her.

You think calculus is problematic? Try Aristotle.

Portia46 on December 22, 2011 at 11:08 AM

A list of positive traits

Romney – Looks and sounds good. Talks like a businessman.

Newt – Welfare Reform was the only rollback of a Government entitlement that I can remember.

Bachman – %100 conservative.

Santorum – Noble intentions and consistent.

Perry – 10yrs as a weak governor w/ a part time legislator. A great model for the nation to learn from. Strong as can be on the 10th and makes the best case against Cap and Tax.

Paul – was on to the Fed way before 2008. The rest of us didn’t educate ourselves until after the crash.

Huntsman – Knows his China.

BoxHead1 on December 22, 2011 at 11:16 AM

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 2:36 AM

Yup. That sounds exactly like an engineer’s idea of civil discourse.

Portia46 on December 22, 2011 at 11:29 AM

What a stupid film. Is it suppossed to be about Sarah Palin? If so, then get the real deal and watch “The Undefeated” which is a documentary and is based on fact, not more Hollywood hype and drivel.

BTW, why can’t the loons on the left leave this woman and her family alone? Why are they so obsessed with her? It says a lot about the power she has over all of them.

notalibturd on December 22, 2011 at 11:33 AM

No you completely missed the whole point. I have no problem voting for Santy…I was mocking people who think he wants to spy on gay people, I was poking fun of pundits for always obsessing over the gay issue when they talk Santorum, and I was just making jokes about how gays and Santorum should have a Sodomy Summit.

It wasn’t anti-Santorum. I don’t care about gay marriage one way or another, and he seems like the man on taxes and fiscal issues.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 1:56 AM

——————————————————————-
You know…when this guy isn’t administrating Gardisil shots and doing his hourly enemas…and… the way sh!t comes out of his mouth…he might have a couple of points. (may be?…might be too many social problems to overcome! That old adage may apply to Dork-ter T…”You can dress him up…but you can’t take him out!)

KOOLAID2 on December 22, 2011 at 11:44 AM

why keep making movies and talking about and writing about a person that isn’t even running in 2012?

is it piling on or riding the coat tails of the name recognition at this point? Little of both?

Dino V on December 22, 2011 at 11:56 AM

So, I guess the open registration thing has really helped the quality of theses posts huh? Please go occupy something else.

2Tru2Tru on December 22, 2011 at 11:58 AM

besser tot als rot on December 22, 2011 at 4:36 AM

Palin owes the GOP nothing. Let the GOP face their political death at their own will. I will look forward to the new tide coming in.

Midwestprincesse on December 22, 2011 at 12:03 PM

2Tru2Tru on December 22, 2011 at 11:58 AM

Unfortunately, open registration at this point in the campaign let in a bunch of trolls who are distracting us from honestly vetting the candidates.

cane_loader on December 22, 2011 at 12:14 PM

She doesn’t look as good as “Palin” as Palin herself does.

HondaV65 on December 22, 2011 at 6:44 AM

I have the movie for you…

Deliciousness.

angryed on December 22, 2011 at 12:23 PM

I have known a lot of Engineers over the years. The good ones are humble and open minded. The bad ones are arrogant and closed minded.

Nuff said.

Gunlock Bill on December 22, 2011 at 12:23 PM

CUDA

idesign on December 22, 2011 at 12:27 PM

The apostles were of all stripes – many were fisherman (uneducated). One was a tax/toll collector (a hated Roman collaborator). One is described as a Zealot – those serious enough to actually revolt and participate in an insurrection against Rome and its representatives in Palestine.

JRCash on December 22, 2011 at 12:23 PM

So, none of them were Engineers? How can that be?

All of them should have been Engineers.

Gunlock Bill on December 22, 2011 at 12:31 PM

RUN SARAH RUN (PLEASE)!

Pragmatic on December 22, 2011 at 2:25 AM

YES!!! Mrs Ornery and I saw “The Undefeated” on Netflix last week, and WOW did I learn a lot. I’ve supported Sarah since before McCain selected her, and didn’t see much need to see the movie cuz I thought I knew her record of accomplishments. I found out I was half right…there was soooo much more to her record and the coalitions she formed than even I knew, and it was great to see her “team” going on record of how it all came about.

It’s really no wonder all the left (and some on the right!) can do is attack the person, cuz that’s all they got. It’s kinda the equivalent of trying to tell a child something they don’t wanna hear, and they just stick their fingers in their ears and yell “LALALALALALALANANANANANANANANALALALALALALALALALLAANANANANANANANA…
ICANTHEARYOU…LALALALANANANANA”

/but then, that’s the level of maturity and honesty I see in libs.

ornery_independent on December 22, 2011 at 12:34 PM

Heh. Engineers? They would never have gotten anything done. Couldda been worse… CPAs.

And yeah, yeah, Paul was a legit Pharisee – I blew it, I blew it.

JRCash on December 22, 2011 at 12:34 PM

As much as I would like to see Sarah as President…I don’t see that ever happening, and making little or no difference. The Political class will not allow anything to threaten their existence and their easy life. Changing the figurehead will have no effect… the head of the serpent has to be cut off and burned.

Other sites have documented a virtual ‘declaration of war’ against the American people by its government. (Audrey Tomason, in the current administration, has a thesis promoting massive depopulation efforts to ‘save the economy’.) The time is upon us to redefine the government…which will not happen via an election…even if there is another election.

Have plans to escape and evade your government. A city will not be a good place to be. (Free Survival eBook at http://www.rongoulden.com/Literary.htm )

xmanvietnam on December 22, 2011 at 12:36 PM