“Game Change” trailer: Introducing Sarah Palin

posted at 8:05 pm on December 21, 2011 by Allahpundit

Two years ago, this trailer would have consisted mostly of beatific shots of Obama on the trail in 2008 preaching about hope, healing a leper, maybe feeding a doe-eyed baby deer, etc. Two dismal years later, he’s nowhere to be seen; they’re all in on the tried and true “Palin drama” formula instead. If you wanted to know how Hollywood feels about his first term, there’s a little glimpse. Right, Matt Damon?

I’ve never met Steve Schmidt but my sense of his personality after having read a thousand quotes from him in news articles is wildly different from a character Woody Harrelson would or should play. Harrelson’s schtick is the loose cannon, the guy who’s perpetually five minutes away from doing something nuts; he’s interesting because he’s unpredictable. Schmidt, by contrast, is a sort of archetypal mainstream insider Republican who only did something unpredictable — namely, suggesting Palin to McCain — because he was desperate to cut into Obama’s lead. He’s the opposite of wild-eyed, which is to say he’s basically the opposite of Harrelson. So why’d they cast Harrelson here? Was it just the baldness?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6 7 8

When you are solving all of the world’s problems, you don’t have time to spell words right.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 12:37 AM

God complex much?

PLEASE BAN DR. TESLA.

John the Libertarian on December 22, 2011 at 12:39 AM

Dire Straits on December 22, 2011 at 12:34 AM

So you wanna be a smart azz, huh? You know what THAT means!

annoyinglittletwerp on December 22, 2011 at 12:37 AM

rofl..I knew that was coming..:)

Dire Straits on December 22, 2011 at 12:39 AM

Midwestprincesse on December 22, 2011 at 12:39 AM

Actually-that’ll be the day my beloved Cubbies win the WS.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 22, 2011 at 12:40 AM

I thought Ronulans were space aliens!!!! I’m so confused.

Cindy Munford on December 22, 2011 at 12:41 AM

Are they training the young people to get along with the older employees also?

Cindy Munford on December 22, 2011 at 12:38 AM

Yeah the cliff’s notes version of the training is that old people are rigid about things and we need to cut them some slack. :)

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 12:41 AM

John the Libertarian on December 22, 2011 at 12:39 AM

Obama’s posting on HA?

annoyinglittletwerp on December 22, 2011 at 12:41 AM

the_nile on December 21, 2011 at 10:15 PM

LOL! Not at all, why would the good Dr. T know anything about my footfall preferences. We are all just getting acquainted.

Cindy Munford on December 21, 2011 at 10:22 PM
==================================================================

You missed last night….there was a lot of “acquainting” going on!

KOOLAID2 on December 22, 2011 at 12:41 AM

Well, I tend to think Palin just got bored with the run of the mill politics of Alaska after she got a taste of the big leagues.

She probably could have rode it out for another 1.5 years. She’s never going to be able to get around the quitter meme even if she had legit reasons for it. Her critics are not concerned about her reasons for it one way or another and it’s their go-to talking point about her. Why? Because it’s effective with a lot of voters.

Dr. Tesla on December 21, 2011 at 11:32 PM

If you had researched this issue, you would have found out that the never ending complaints piled on by the lefty bloggers who were Obama supporters were consuming more and more and more of the state resources, paralyzing the executive branch from effectively doing their jobs.

It got so bad, that the blowback began to affect her staff and the state rules did not allow the state to pay for the legal representation to defend the charges of her employees. Who can pay for attorneys to fight bogus complaints when they are paid a middle class salary and have middle class means of support and savings? Almost no one.

The legal fees alone were multiple times Sarah’s salary as governor. When they tried to setup a legal defense fund, like most states and federal rules allow, even THAT got an ethics complaint and they had to undo it and refund everyone’s money.

Sarah had to step down, the Alaska government executive branch was literally ground to a stand still answering these complaints, bankrupting her staff, and the state costs to produce the documents and defend the state itself was costing millions of dollars.

The intent of the bogus complaints were to neuter her and keep her out of the spotlight and up in Alaska, bankrupting her personally and making her go away for ever.

They FEARED her after they saw her in action at the convention and giving her speech.

She sidestepped them all with the unexpected resignation. That was a mavericky thing to do. Conventional politicians would have cowered under their desks for the remaining 1.5 years of the term. Not Sarah, she resigned, turned the office over to her LT Governor and went on offense.

Go watch the DVD, The Undefeated. It will be worth your time.

karenhasfreedom on December 22, 2011 at 12:41 AM

Oh boy, here we go!

@BreakingNews Breaking News
More from @BBCWorld: A series of explosions has hit the Iraqi capital, Baghdad, killing at least four people and injuring 13, say police
2 minutes ago

Flora Duh on December 22, 2011 at 12:42 AM

Flora Duh on December 22, 2011 at 12:42 AM

Thank you, Mr. President!
///crr6

annoyinglittletwerp on December 22, 2011 at 12:43 AM

Now I KNOW you have videos for that. :)

Midwestprincesse on December 22, 2011 at 12:39 AM

Give me a few minutes and I will see what I can do..:)

PS..I am not being snarky or a smart a$$..Just remember to use the //(sarc) tag when in doubt..Lord knows I do not use it enough..:)

Dire Straits on December 22, 2011 at 12:43 AM

I thought Ronulans were space aliens!!!! I’m so confused.

Cindy Munford on December 22, 2011 at 12:41 AM

I completely expect the media storm to be ablaze in about two weeks. I expect Ron to take IA. IF he didn’t and Romney irked out enough, well then maybe he has a larger local operation that I understand.

Entirely possible. And scary. Yet hopeful. *confused*

Midwestprincesse on December 22, 2011 at 12:43 AM

Obama’s posting on HA?

annoyinglittletwerp on December 22, 2011 at 12:41 AM

AP scans the threads that get a lot of comments. I figure he’ll see my multiple all-caps and put this guy in his radar. Then it’s just a matter of time before Tesla self-destructs. They always do.

John the Libertarian on December 22, 2011 at 12:43 AM

karen,

In my mind, she was defeated, if they drove her out of office which essentially nuked her “electability”.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 12:44 AM

You missed last night….there was a lot of “acquainting” going on!

KOOLAID2 on December 22, 2011 at 12:41 AM

I hear you..:)

Dire Straits on December 22, 2011 at 12:45 AM

I thought Ronulans were space aliens!!!! I’m so confused.

Cindy Munford on December 22, 2011 at 12:41 AM

Most are..:)

Dire Straits on December 22, 2011 at 12:47 AM

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 12:41 AM

Older folks may indeed be rigid but they have at least learned that they don’t know everything. It usually takes middle age to stumble onto that little nugget of indispensable truth.

Cindy Munford on December 22, 2011 at 12:47 AM

Dire Straits on December 22, 2011 at 12:43 AM

I’ve been using the /s as my sarc tag. Typing sarc is just too much effort. :)

Midwestprincesse on December 22, 2011 at 12:47 AM

Midwestprincesse on December 22, 2011 at 12:47 AM

Just do this:
///

annoyinglittletwerp on December 22, 2011 at 12:48 AM

Flora Duh on December 22, 2011 at 12:42 AM

How sad. After all that blood and treasure. I hope they can pull it out and join the 21st century.

John the Libertarian on December 22, 2011 at 12:48 AM

I’ve been using the /s as my sarc tag. Typing sarc is just too much effort. :)

Midwestprincesse on December 22, 2011 at 12:47 AM

Good deal..:)

Dire Straits on December 22, 2011 at 12:48 AM

KOOLAID2 on December 22, 2011 at 12:41 AM

I’m trying to decide if I’m sorry I missed it.

Cindy Munford on December 22, 2011 at 12:49 AM

John the Libertarian on December 22, 2011 at 12:48 AM

Me too. I’m still checking to see if anyone has taken credit for it.

Flora Duh on December 22, 2011 at 12:50 AM

I’ve been using the /s as my sarc tag. Typing sarc is just too much effort. :)

Midwestprincesse on December 22, 2011 at 12:47 AM

Or just eschew the sarc tag altogether, which is known as “bishing”.

John the Libertarian on December 22, 2011 at 12:50 AM

I’m trying to decide if I’m sorry I missed it.

Cindy Munford on December 22, 2011 at 12:49 AM

Believe me, you’re not.

Flora Duh on December 22, 2011 at 12:51 AM

Midwestprincesse on December 22, 2011 at 12:43 AM

I can’t believe the good people of Iowa would do that. Someone on the site made an excellent point about whether the Establishment has been well served with their seek and destroy mission on Newt if Rep. Paul is going to be the beneficiary. The irony would be too much.

Cindy Munford on December 22, 2011 at 12:52 AM

Flora Duh on December 22, 2011 at 12:51 AM

Good point..:)

PS..Good to see you..:)

Dire Straits on December 22, 2011 at 12:53 AM

Or just eschew the sarc tag altogether, which is known as “bishing”.

John the Libertarian on December 22, 2011 at 12:50 AM

Good deal..I forgot that very imporant point..:)

Dire Straits on December 22, 2011 at 12:54 AM

Flora Duh on December 22, 2011 at 12:51 AM

My ignore list is relatively short (one) so I won’t have too much trouble adding to it if need be. People are so interesting, especially anonymous people.

Cindy Munford on December 22, 2011 at 12:54 AM

Cindy Munford on December 22, 2011 at 12:47 AM

Ok, so how do you explain Obama, he’s middle aged?

Engineers in general are aware they don’t know everything. Hence our insatiable quest for more knowledge.

I learned in college that not knowning something is less problematic that not knowing that you don’t know. I think Obama falls in that category…he does not know what he does not know and thus he thinks he knows it all.

I also learned in my engineering program to pay attention to the message, not the style or preceived intelligence of the messenger. As an engineer, you deal with a lot of people less intelligent, some of them sound like complete hicks, but a lot of the time they are telling you something important.

That’s why I’m more open to Perry and Bush type of candidates because I focus more on what they are trying to say, not how well delivered the message is.

I think liberal arts and business majors tend to like Romney/Obama type of candidates b/c they were taught slick matters in school.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 12:55 AM

Or just eschew the sarc tag altogether, which is known as “bishing”.

John the Libertarian on December 22, 2011 at 12:50 AM

Ah, but there is a certain finesse to it, that only one has achieved.

What cracks me up is when csdeven actually thinks he’s “bished” Bishop.

Flora Duh on December 22, 2011 at 12:55 AM

Cindy Munford on December 22, 2011 at 12:54 AM

If you can handle it, it’s the Bachmann/Santorum thread on the lower left side of the front page.

Flora Duh on December 22, 2011 at 12:57 AM

Dire Straits on December 22, 2011 at 12:53 AM

Good evening Dire. Hope your day went well.

Flora Duh on December 22, 2011 at 12:59 AM

What cracks me up is when csdeven actually thinks he’s “bished” Bishop.

Flora Duh on December 22, 2011 at 12:55 AM

That is pretty funny..:)

Dire Straits on December 22, 2011 at 1:00 AM

I’ve never actually had Courvosier, but I like the sound of the name. Kind of like when Morticia would speak French to Gomez. Btw, how did you get the cedille under francais? I’m somewhat technologically challenged.

TxAnn56 on December 22, 2011 at 12:23 AM

Please give yourself a treat and try a small snifter of Courvoisier, after dinner and/or right before bed. But sip it, never drink it, letting its warmth and smoothness slide slowly over your tongue and down your throat. Think easy, like moonlight on your shoulders. Cigar, of course, is optional.

The cedilla thing, well, that depends on what equipment you have. If you have a Mac, there’s a character viewer that allows you to put damn near anything on a screen. If you post from an iPhone or an iPad, you just hold the letter character down until it shows you all sorts of different ways the character can be presented on screen. If you’re on a different system, I have no idea.

TXUS on December 22, 2011 at 1:00 AM

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 12:55 AM

Your arrogance is showing again.

John the Libertarian on December 22, 2011 at 1:00 AM

Good evening Dire. Hope your day went well.

Flora Duh on December 22, 2011 at 12:59 AM

It is going so well I have shades on..:)

Dire Straits on December 22, 2011 at 1:01 AM

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 12:55 AM

I’ve been around some engineers and they certainly are problem solvers but not all the problems of the world fall into their area of expertise. The only way to explain Obama is that he was raised a narcassistic spoiled brat, an excellent example of the times and the liberal dogma his family embraced. Lucky us. I believe that both Gov. Perry and Pres. Bush have been undervalued. While not agreeing with everything, it is a shame that misconceptions have managed to stick. Horray for the Fourth Estate.

Cindy Munford on December 22, 2011 at 1:04 AM

Cindy Munford on December 22, 2011 at 12:52 AM

The one thing in common about Ron Paul, Sarah Palin and Barack Obama? All would have especially well-oiled free campaign walkers.

I like RP within reason for his financial stuff (not all of it mind you) but I can at least respect his ground game. If he pulls off IA, I would think that would give his fans a boost for NH.

Midwestprincesse on December 22, 2011 at 1:05 AM

Flora Duh on December 22, 2011 at 12:55 AM

You would have to search far and wide for a more deluded soul.

Cindy Munford on December 22, 2011 at 1:05 AM

Dr. Tesla, I think Palin’s image rehabilitation was going along really well until she disappointed a lot of people with her Oct 5 announcement that she was not throwing her hat in the ring. And with the pathetic choices we have now, and the fact 10 weeks have passed since Oct 5, I think more and more people are waking up to see what she could really do in this election cycle. I still truly believe that she would be effective on offense against Obama. There is nothing left to throw at her anymore, no October surprises to derail a campaign, they have already shot their wad so to speak. She could just beat Obama over the head on his record for MONTHS after securing the delegates needed for the convention. She has a way to phrase things that capture attention.

Whether or not the organic campaign that is going on trying to get Iowans to go ahead and caucus for her even though she is not an official candidate, will succeed or not, we will know in 2 weeks. Meanwhile, watching everyone go apoplectic about Ron Paul potentially winning in IA his amusing to me.

I love to see the GOP elites sweat. They may regret undermining Palin from almost day 1 when she was selected as VP in 2008. I still don’t understand why they are turning off the 75 to 80% of the base who does NOT WANT Romney on the ticket.

It sure is a head scratcher for me. Most of them are viewing this election as just more of the same, moving chess pieces around. They fail to understand we are truly at a crossroads and this election will determine if we become like a failed Europe, or restore America back to its original freedoms and liberty and dramatically downsize our government and its intrusion into our lives.

karenhasfreedom on December 22, 2011 at 1:06 AM

Please give yourself a treat and try a small snifter of Courvoisier

TXUS on December 22, 2011 at 1:00 AM

The Ladies Man.

John the Libertarian on December 22, 2011 at 1:06 AM

Flora Duh on December 22, 2011 at 12:57 AM

I highly recommend you check out that thread, Cindy.

You will appreciate me as one of the greatest satirists of all time, and I did it for free.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 1:06 AM

Midwestprincesse on December 22, 2011 at 1:05 AM

The bright spot in that horrible scenario is that all the right heads would explode. That could be fun as long as it isn’t permanent.

Cindy Munford on December 22, 2011 at 1:07 AM

Cindy Munford on December 22, 2011 at 1:04 AM

Hear!..Hear!..:)

Dire Straits on December 22, 2011 at 1:07 AM

Cindy Munford on December 22, 2011 at 12:54 AM

Flora Duh on December 22, 2011 at 12:57 AM

You’ll be enlightened as to the awesomeness of the good Dr. Tesla because he allegedly has an engineering degree. Sadly, he has to talk down to us rubes because we’re not as cerebral as he is. Sounds like a classic case of borderline personality disorder. But what do I know? I’m just an over 40 hayseed that’s lucky to share the same blog space as the good doctor (hopefully not for long).

TxAnn56 on December 22, 2011 at 1:08 AM

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 1:06 AM

Are you trying to rival The Won with your ego?

Cindy Munford on December 22, 2011 at 1:08 AM

Death toll has risen.

At least 10 killed in spate of Baghdad blasts: Al Arabiya English

Flora Duh on December 22, 2011 at 1:08 AM

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 1:06 AM

PLEASE BAN DR. TESLA.

John the Libertarian on December 22, 2011 at 1:09 AM

John the Libertarian on December 22, 2011 at 1:06 AM

LOL..:)

Dire Straits on December 22, 2011 at 1:09 AM

Karen,

Your heart’s in the right place but I think it’s over for Palin. I’m for Not Romney too and feeling bad for Palin isn’t going to sstop Romney at this point. We’ll need to vote for whoever can stop him, even if it’s Gingrich.

He wants to run McCain’s losing campaign strategy against Obama. Somehow the result will be differen this time simply b/c it’s Romney and not McCain at the top. I scoff at that.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 1:10 AM

Cindy Munford on December 22, 2011 at 1:05 AM

Not really, it’s right here in this thread.

Flora Duh on December 22, 2011 at 1:13 AM

I think what this country needs is a president who comes from an engineering background. Natural problem solvers who also consider costs, unlike a lot of people in the medical commmunity, for example.

Almost all of our presidents are from a liberal arts or business background and almost of of them have been horrible to mediocre.

It’s engineers time to rule this country.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 1:14 AM

John the Libertarian on December 22, 2011 at 1:06 AM

Is that velvet??

Cindy Munford on December 22, 2011 at 1:16 AM

I can’t help but think that Palin could have taken 0bama out. I think a large portion of the electorate regrets their vote for 0bama. Tied to this regret is their conscience knowing that Palin was treated unfairly. The human psyche is a mysterious thing, but I could see a scenario in which people watched Sarah stand toe to toe with the other GOP candidates, and suddenly realized she wasn’t stupid. And then, if she got the nomination, and America was faced with a choice between her and 0bama, a lot of them would look in the mirror, and decide to cast their votes based upon who would make a better president, not upon who the media said was stupid, and realize that four more years of 0bama was too much.

She could have won.

cane_loader on December 22, 2011 at 1:17 AM

It’s engineers time to rule this country.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 1:14 AM

I think anyone who has had to use the jack provided by the automotive engineers would have to give that some serious thought.

Cindy Munford on December 22, 2011 at 1:19 AM

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 1:14 AM

Right. Because problem solvers aren’t in every field imaginable. Only engineering, where they tinker endlessly in an obsessive drive for perfection – which is unattainable.

Engineers: producing solutions to problems that don’t exist.

John the Libertarian on December 22, 2011 at 1:20 AM

Midwestprincesse on December 22, 2011 at 12:20 AM

I think cs is a broad. I used to occasionally defend her-but she’s melted into a caricature.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 22, 2011 at 12:23 AM
===================================================================
Oh gawd! I’m having a gender problem! I could not remember the ‘guy’ that keep yelling “You’re obsessed with me”…Quit Obsessing on me” …’Stop your Obsession’…obsession, obsession …
cs deven posts here and there but has not been yelling that lately.
I brought him/her up because they have a new one that after a week thinks he’s being ‘stalked’ already!

KOOLAID2 on December 22, 2011 at 1:20 AM

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 1:06 AM

Did you continue your theme from the first page throughout the entire thread? I’m going to have a difficult time reading five pages of that.

Cindy Munford on December 22, 2011 at 1:25 AM

John the Libertarian on December 22, 2011 at 1:06 AM

Still LMAO at that. I think that Bro is a brother by another mother.

TXUS on December 22, 2011 at 1:27 AM

KOOLAID2 on December 22, 2011 at 1:20 AM

Gender non specific and self obsessed, can’t have enough of that. /

Cindy Munford on December 22, 2011 at 1:28 AM

Good night everyone, sweet dreams.

Cindy Munford on December 22, 2011 at 1:30 AM

Your Daddy

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 12:15 AM

Well, I’ve been fair to you, even after your humiliating public display last night. But I have come to the conclusion that you are arrogant, patronizing, misinformed, homophobic, bigoted, misogynistic and narcissistic.

PLEASE BAN DR. TESLA.

John the Libertarian on December 22, 2011 at 12:24 AM
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Wrong on all the adjectives John my boy!
I was correct last night! I know an @$$h0le when I see an @SSh0le, and things have not changed in 24 hours. The seas have not risen, and the skies have not opened…

KOOLAID2 on December 22, 2011 at 1:31 AM

It’s engineers time to rule this country.

Dr. Tesla

It would be better if the States ruled this country. 57 laboratories…

BoxHead1 on December 22, 2011 at 1:31 AM

Cindy Munford on December 22, 2011 at 1:25 AM

Yes. He did.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 22, 2011 at 1:33 AM

BoxHead1 on December 22, 2011 at 1:31 AM

ROTFL!

annoyinglittletwerp on December 22, 2011 at 1:34 AM

TxAnn56 on December 22, 2011 at 1:08 AM

Seminar blogger, no doubt, hopefully (as you say) not for long.

TXUS on December 22, 2011 at 1:35 AM

PLEASE BAN DR. TESLA.

John the Libertarian on December 22, 2011 at 12:24 AM

I vote no, I actually love reading the response comments to the highly educated and self respected Dr.

OrthodoxJew on December 22, 2011 at 1:35 AM

KOOLAID2 on December 22, 2011 at 1:31 AM

I do believe you are correct.

I say he lasts less than a month.

John the Libertarian on December 22, 2011 at 1:38 AM

OrthodoxJew on December 22, 2011 at 1:35 AM

I insulted him in Yiddish. It totally went over his head.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 22, 2011 at 1:38 AM

It would be better if the States ruled this country. 57 laboratories…

BoxHead1 on December 22, 2011 at 1:31 AM

Just wanted to reply to my comment yesterday about the excitement factor with Romney, And although you are mostly right about the fact that when we are excited with our candidates we win, My argument wasn’t to prove Romney can or will win, the argument was to answer the question why Romney can’t poll above 25%, And on that question i think my response makes sense

OrthodoxJew on December 22, 2011 at 1:38 AM

Engineers: producing solutions to problems that don’t exist.

John the Libertarian on December 22, 2011 at 1:20 AM

This is only applicable to engineers who work for the government.

Engineers in the private sector don’t need to make up problems…they do exist. :)

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 1:38 AM

Is there anybody in here under the age of 40? All this talk of grandkids….

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 12:26 AM

Surprise, surprise. You’re young. How did I already know that?

PLEASE BAN DR. TESLA.

John the Libertarian on December 22, 2011 at 12:29 AM
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Wrong again John my boy/
Personally I think it’s some grandpa trolling for some young stuff!
Got banned from all the dating websites, and came crying here about bogeymen trying to ban hammer all the new people! Think someone has a ton of experience there!

KOOLAID2 on December 22, 2011 at 1:38 AM

OrthodoxJew on December 22, 2011 at 1:35 AM

I’m just putting him in AP’s or Ed’s radar. He’ll self-destruct all on his own.

John the Libertarian on December 22, 2011 at 1:41 AM

As far as being banned goes, the hero in HBO’s Game of Thrones had his head chopped off at season’s end.

Bad things happen to good people, even heroic people.

I’m’ a man of true grit and I’ll live with the consequences of my actions, whatever they may be.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 1:42 AM

Personally I think it’s some grandpa trolling for some young stuff!

KOOLAID2 on December 22, 2011 at 1:38 AM

Okay, you’re cracking me up!

John the Libertarian on December 22, 2011 at 1:44 AM

It’s engineers time to rule this country.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 1:14 AM

Cindy Munford on December 22, 2011 at 1:19 AM
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I have a nicely engineered Chevy Volt I can sell him!
Comes with a fire suppression kit….FREE!

KOOLAID2 on December 22, 2011 at 1:44 AM

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 1:38 AM

How to they make money if they don’t create the problem? ///

BTW Carter was an engineer, we all know how that worked out, In fact he created problems, A lot of problems

OrthodoxJew on December 22, 2011 at 1:45 AM

… And on that question i think my response makes sense

OrthodoxJew

It did and I thought I wrote that. It was a good post. Good night. I’m going to sleep.

BoxHead1 on December 22, 2011 at 1:45 AM

I insulted him in Yiddish. It totally went over his head.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 22, 2011 at 1:38 AM

Isn’t that the very definition of a putz?

TXUS on December 22, 2011 at 1:46 AM

TXUS on December 22, 2011 at 1:46 AM

I called him a jerk.
Though I grew up Joooo, my Yiddish ain’t great.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 22, 2011 at 1:47 AM

Bad things happen to good people, even heroic people.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 1:42 AM

You’re not heroic. You’re a deluded noob who hasn’t peaked 40 yet and doesn’t know just how far up his arse his head is implanted. And you’ve pissed off a reg who was very tolerant and cool to you, but who will now go after you at every turn. Congratulations. Great impression you’ve made, hero.

John the Libertarian on December 22, 2011 at 1:48 AM

I’m just putting him in AP’s or Ed’s radar. He’ll self-destruct all on his own.

John the Libertarian on December 22, 2011 at 1:41 AM

I understand your position, However i like all the great posts in reply to the DOC,

One thing is for sure from last night, Santorum ain’t getting the DOC’s vote anytime soon

OrthodoxJew on December 22, 2011 at 1:49 AM

Though I grew up Joooo, my Yiddish ain’t great.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 22, 2011 at 1:47 AM

I think i can help in that regard

OrthodoxJew on December 22, 2011 at 1:50 AM

Sometimes old people have a hard time relating to the younger generation.

My company has training for them but they still struggle.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 12:33 AM
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
SOMEONE”S BEEN SLEEPING DURING ‘CLASS’????????

KOOLAID2 on December 22, 2011 at 1:51 AM

When somebody tells you a buffoon like Carter was an engineer, always doubt it and pursue the truth:
The problem with each of those descriptions of Jimmy Carter’s nuclear experience is that they are wrong, something one can figure out with a calendar that has accurate historical dates.

Jimmy Carter could not have been a nuclear engineer based on his college degree program; he graduated from the US Naval Academy in 1946 with a general Bachelor of Science, before that school offered any designated degree programs.

According to the Naval Historical Center, LT Carter was honorably discharged from the US Navy on October 8, 1953 so that he could return home to care for the family farm. He had only started his nuclear power training on March 1, 1953. The training, in those very early days of the Navy’s nuclear program before the start up of Navy training courses, was conducted at civilian colleges, and Union College was one of the locations. However, it was definitely not a place where one could earn a master’s degree in nuclear engineering in just 7 months. That is especially true when you understand a bit about the Navy and realize that LT Carter probably did not do too much studying after he found out that his father had passed away in July 1953. (Leaving the Navy is not as simple as walking out the door.)

The PBS documentary is quite misleading with regard to Carter’s service, since it states that he served as the engineer of the USS Seawolf, the second US nuclear submarine. That statement is made with a backdrop of the USS Seawolf in operation. Unfortunately, that would have been impossible. The keel laying for the Seawolf took place in September 1953. That means that the construction process started just one month before Carter left the Navy to return to Plains. His service record indicates that he was assigned to the crew that would eventually man the USS Seawolf, but that is certainly not the same as serving as the engineering officer of an operating submarine in terms of the opportunity to absorb nuclear technical knowledge.

It is possible, but unlikely that LT Carter ever watched a nuclear plant in operation. S1W, the prototype for the USS Nautilus, the first nuclear propulsion plant that the Navy constructed, started operating in March 1953, but it would be unusual to have nuclear power school students visiting the prototype during their first six months of training. After Carter left the Navy, there is no evidence of his having had any nuclear related employment; he was too busy growing and selling peanuts and serving as a Georgia state senator and later as Georgia’s governor.

President Carter’s exaggeration of his nuclear experience had an impact on the way that the public viewed his cautious statements about nuclear energy and the way that political leaders accepted his efforts to restrict its growth. When he issued an energy policy that emphasized the use of coal as a way to reduce American dependence on foreign oil, there were many who expressed the view that he must know what he is doing, after all, he was a “nuclear engineer”.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 1:51 AM

Swing and a miss… The 3 seconds they show the Palin character tells me all I need to know. Their actress doesn’t even come close to the real thing. Lame.

RalphyBoy on December 22, 2011 at 1:55 AM

Still LMAO at that. I think that Bro is a brother by another mother.

TXUS on December 22, 2011 at 1:27 AM

The Ladies Man is one smoove dude.

John the Libertarian on December 22, 2011 at 1:56 AM

OrthodoxJew on December 22, 2011 at 1:50 AM

I’m sure you can. LoL
Btw:My parents were/are politically conservative Reformed Jews. I’m a generic Christian who doesn’t believe that Jews go to Hell married to a Calvinist. I wish my parents had raised me and my brother with some religious grounding. I find orthodoxy to be too legalistic and Reformed to be to leftist-and so I’m left wandering. *sigh*

annoyinglittletwerp on December 22, 2011 at 1:56 AM

OrthodoxJew on December 22, 2011 at 1:49 AM

No you completely missed the whole point. I have no problem voting for Santy…I was mocking people who think he wants to spy on gay people, I was poking fun of pundits for always obsessing over the gay issue when they talk Santorum, and I was just making jokes about how gays and Santorum should have a Sodomy Summit.

It wasn’t anti-Santorum. I don’t care about gay marriage one way or another, and he seems like the man on taxes and fiscal issues.

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 1:56 AM

John the Libertarian on December 22, 2011 at 1:48 AM

Make that two of us. You go after friends of mine on policy and with some degree of logic, okay and hell yeah! You go ad hominem on them, you’re effing history.

TXUS on December 22, 2011 at 1:57 AM

We all found out Carter was an idiot when his solution to the oil embargo was to tell us all to put on SWEATERS!!!!!!!!!

karenhasfreedom on December 22, 2011 at 1:57 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on December 22, 2011 at 1:56 AM

Wander no more. There’s a need, I can feel it, of a laying on of hands. We share your pain here at First TXUS. ;-)

TXUS on December 22, 2011 at 2:04 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on December 22, 2011 at 1:56 AM

I find it ridiculous that Christians of any ilk can harbor ill will toward Jews when they simultaneously accept Jesus as the Jewish Messiah.

In any event, I’ve been researching the Philistines, and it blows my mind. You do realize they were Mycenaean (Greeks), the same folks who sacked Troy?

John the Libertarian on December 22, 2011 at 2:04 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on December 22, 2011 at 1:56 AM

The last thing i plan to do on HA is to argue (and try to convince someone) about my religion,

I used to live in Brooklyn in the Jewish circle, But the last 2 years my business required a lot of traveling, And it just opens your mind a little about other people, and other religions, So i know what you are talking about,

BTW how was the donuts and the “latkahs” ?? (i don’t think you can spell this one in English)

OrthodoxJew on December 22, 2011 at 2:05 AM

You go ad hominem on them, you’re effing history.

TXUS on December 22, 2011 at 1:57 AM

Exactly.

John the Libertarian on December 22, 2011 at 2:07 AM

Dr. Tesla on December 22, 2011 at 12:55 AM

You constantly talk about your engineering degree or your engineering program. Trust me. Nobody gives a damn. Sorry you havent been able to pick up on that. Friggin anybody can get an engineering degree. Did you go to an Ivy League school?

Is there anything impressive about you? Of course not. There cant be. If you had a life or anything impressive going on in your pathetic life, you wouldnt be on hotair hour after hour after hour after trolling and trying so hard, and failing to be clever and funny. You arent you suck. Get a life. Try keeping your posts to under 10 a day…not over 200 a day. No, I didnt count, loser.

Jailbreak on December 22, 2011 at 2:16 AM

John the Libertarian on December 22, 2011 at 2:04 AM

My mother-in-law believes that the Holocaust was God punishing the Jews for their ‘refusal’ to accept Jesus. As far as she is concerned-because I refuse to condemn my own people to Hell I’m condemning myself to Hell.
We don’t discuss matters of faith anymore.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 22, 2011 at 2:17 AM

Be still my beating heart.

Dr. Tesla on December 21, 2011 at 11:23 PM

You asked if she talked politics, and I answered yes by way of example. Are you trying to be a dick?

John the Libertarian on December 21, 2011 at 11:31 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry JtL! I forgot about this other one! That’s 3 you have struck out on. In baseball …yer out!
In order to BE ONE…you have to have one!
Despite the attempts at ‘engineering’ political analysis…I think the thread that caught most of his attention/ was The Sadly obligatory “Barney Frank lettin’ it all hang out” clip from December 19 at 8:45 PM
I think someone is sitting at their keyboard thinking about that blue sweater, thinking about that word he was obsessed with yesterday…AND JUST POUNDING HIS FIST into a catcher’s mitt!
We were talking baseball…right?

KOOLAID2 on December 22, 2011 at 2:18 AM

OrthodoxJew on December 22, 2011 at 2:05 AM

My maternal grandmother made great latkes…and brisket…and…she was one heck of an old school Bubbe. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on December 22, 2011 at 2:20 AM