Another new Rick Perry ad pings Mitt and Newt

posted at 5:55 pm on December 21, 2011 by Tina Korbe

This ad, which Politico’s Maggie Haberman reports started to run in Iowa and South Carolina today, comes from the pro-Rick-Perry Super PAC “Make Us Great Again.” It doesn’t hit Newt Gingrich for his affairs — but that’s about all it leaves out. In barely more than half a minute, the spot reminds us that Gingrich has been in Washington for decades, that Mitt Romney once campaigned as a pro-choice candidate, that Gingrich was once found guilty for ethics violations, that Romney created Romneycare, that Gingrich joined Nancy Pelosi on the loveseat, that he supported TARP and that he lobbied for Freddie Mac. Whew. It makes me exhausted just to think about all those poor showings on the part of our frontrunners. For some reason, the attacks lodged themselves deeper in my mind than the praise for Perry, which comes at the end of the ad (I was too distracted by the sudden appearance of an iPad). But, in general, the spot makes me excited for Iowa. All polls aside, who knows what might happen there? As Allah has reported before, plenty of Iowans are still undecided. The closer we come to the caucuses, the more I begin to think anyone could win. It’s the essence of elections: We the people — messy, unpredictable, mercurial, yet somehow reliably rational in the pursuit of our own self-interest — decide. Cool.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Love it when posters here say their candidates aren’t running, and the ones they do support can’t win, then proceed to flame Rick Perry. Not pragmatic at all.

kg598301 on December 21, 2011 at 6:49 PM

Not particularly considering I’ve said on numerous occasions that I would support the candidate that does win the nomination (even Paul or Huntsman). Learning more about a candidate is all part of the vetting process.

GOPRanknFile on December 21, 2011 at 6:52 PM

Willard is tickling himself again if he thinks he’s actually going to be able to close the deal. Conservatives will NOT support his primary run. It’ll be Newt or Perry, and I hope it’s ol’ Dingo Brain instead of Newt. Perry isn’t much to write home about, but since when does the president need to be brilliant. Perry is more than sharp enough for the job and his record in Texas bears this out…I mean it’s not like he’s the current VP Joe “I’m a g0d@mnded dummy” Biden.

Spirit Crusher on December 21, 2011 at 6:52 PM

You Perry haters
Spirit Crusher on December 21, 2011 at 6:44 PM

According to polls the haters are about 96% of the GOP primary voters….

Carry on…

pamplonajack on December 21, 2011 at 6:52 PM

I’m wondering if Ann Coulter would prefer Rick Perry of Newt?

JellyToast on December 21, 2011 at 6:52 PM

Seriously. Tell me Perry’s path to 270. I’ll wait.

We need McCain states+Indiana+NCarolina+Virginia+Florida+Ohio+one other state

Romney is a loser but he could do that and get NH or Wisconsin or Pennsylvania as that other state. Gingrich is a sleaze but he gets Wisconsin

Perry would have trouble getting Virginia and Florida…..

pamplonajack on December 21, 2011 at 6:42 PM

I don’t agree. I think Perry can take all of these states with the proper emphasis. Keep the focus off of him and on Jobs and Obamacare. Say nothing about anything else. He should be like Herman Cain with his “999″.

And I don’t care to win with Romney (unless SCOTUS overturns Romneycare). I want it repealed and I don’t think that Romney will do it. And if the next GOP president doesn’t do it, it won’t get done. And my kids and grandkids will be screwed.

I think our chances of getting Obanacare repealed and entitlements reformed would be better with someone else in 2016 than with Romney in 2012.

besser tot als rot on December 21, 2011 at 6:53 PM

Guys it’s not the media. It’s not the “establishment”. Perry shot himself in the foot over and over. Deal with it. He’s not ready.

hanzblinx on December 21, 2011 at 6:53 PM

Learning more about a candidate is all part of the vetting process.

GOPRanknFile on December 21, 2011 at 6:52 PM

Apparently you have no trouble attacking them though. At least one in particular.

cozmo on December 21, 2011 at 6:54 PM

I’m wondering if Ann Coulter would prefer Rick Perry of over Newt?

JellyToast on December 21, 2011 at 6:52 PM

Had to fix that.

JellyToast on December 21, 2011 at 6:54 PM

Rick Perry lies. Just the man for the job. I guess he gets his talking points from Ron Paul’s newsletter like some of the people we have here on HotGas.

astonerii on December 21, 2011 at 6:54 PM

cozmo on December 21, 2011 at 6:54 PM

Exposing their records isn’t an attack unless you’re that sensitive about your particular candidate. If you’ve looked through previous posts, I’ve criticized them all. I think it’s a weak field, but I would gladly vote for any of them over Obama.

GOPRanknFile on December 21, 2011 at 6:56 PM

hanzblinx on December 21, 2011 at 6:53 PM

I could see him debating Obama if there were multiple choice answers or something. He’d do ok with that.

JellyToast on December 21, 2011 at 6:56 PM

astonerii on December 21, 2011 at 6:54 PM

I think that’s a little harsh.

JellyToast on December 21, 2011 at 6:57 PM

Well, you have to admit. Perry keeps getting up everyday and trudges right on.

JellyToast on December 21, 2011 at 6:52 PM

That he does. And, I have to admit, even though I support Romney and think Perry would have zero chance against Obama, I personally feel bad for Perry. I think he knows that he has made a complete fool out of himself time and again in the few months he has been campaigning for president. I get that sense that Perry wishes he could go back in time and not run for president. Does anyone else ever get the feeling that Perry is sometimes just going through the motions and appears to know that he isn’t going to win? I wonder how much of his decision to enter the race had to do with people pushing him into it.

bluegill on December 21, 2011 at 6:57 PM

astonerii on December 21, 2011 at 6:54 PM

Man the Perry hatin’ nutballs are out tonight. whatta’sillycat-toy, dumb as rebar and idiotdesign sure are missing out. Buy Danish stuff will welcome all you Perry hatin’ nutball noobs when she gets here.

cozmo on December 21, 2011 at 6:57 PM

I’m wondering if Ann Coulter would prefer Rick Perry of Newt?

JellyToast on December 21, 2011 at 6:52 PM

Pretty sure she prefers Obama.

besser tot als rot on December 21, 2011 at 6:58 PM

Perry shot himself in the foot over and over. Deal with it. He’s not ready.

hanzblinx on December 21, 2011 at 6:53 PM

Who is, then?

besser tot als rot on December 21, 2011 at 6:59 PM

I’m not in love with the guy, but its Romney or him. I also like Newt, but his baggage is starting to look incredibly heavy.

Santorum and Bachmann are great, but they’re not going to win the nomination, and if they did they wouldn’t have the ability to boast about a huge jobs record.

El_Terrible on December 21, 2011 at 6:59 PM

El_Terrible on December 21, 2011 at 6:41 PM

The rural parts of Pennsylvania, love their 2nd Amendment & the Baby Jesus.

Dr Evil on December 21, 2011 at 7:00 PM

GOPRanknFile on December 21, 2011 at 6:56 PM

Ah so you just hate them all equally. And grasp onto the most damaging caricatures of each.

There’s a guy up in some cold mostly blue state that will call you comrade.

cozmo on December 21, 2011 at 7:00 PM

Yet he runs ads attacking gay soldiers in Iowa. Why bring it up if jobs is a winner?

pamplonajack on December 21, 2011 at 6:50 PM

That is not what his ad did, which says you didn’t listen to the ad, rather went with the MSM talking points. What he did say in that ad was it was wrong that things had changed to where you could serve openly gay in the military, but could be arrested for praying at a commencement ceremony……. in other words, gay rights now trump religious rights in the USA and I agree with him, that is wrong.

Rapunzel on December 21, 2011 at 7:00 PM

You Perry haters realists just can’t stand to vote for someone that p!sses standing up in his own shoes every time he opens his mouth, no offense to Bachmann lest Meggie Mac sit on me while Chris Matthews watches.

FIFY

kunegetikos on December 21, 2011 at 7:00 PM

Romneyzoids are whistling les miserables if they think he’s the man to reign in the out of control bureaucratic state. Willard has given lip service to AGW, has tied himself in knots over abortion, installed Romneycare, is soft on guns, and fidgets/squirms like a worm when asked questions he doesn’t like. He’s a conservative farce underneath a brylcreem’d head of hair.

Perry 2012

Spirit Crusher on December 21, 2011 at 7:00 PM

I think that’s a little harsh.

JellyToast on December 21, 2011 at 6:57 PM

Yes and no. It was not an out and out lie, more of a use of a false charge. Newt Gingrich found guilty of a clerical error made by one of his attorney’s is the truth of the matter.

As for the Ron Paul talking points… it follows the list almost verbatim.

astonerii on December 21, 2011 at 7:01 PM

bluegill on December 21, 2011 at 6:57 PM

I think Romney would have zero chances against Obama. The dems would eat Mitt’s lunch.

Dr Evil on December 21, 2011 at 7:01 PM

“I loves me some illegals…and muslims” – tricky Ricky P.

thedevilinside on December 21, 2011 at 6:13 PM
Yes, he loves illegals so much that he passed the voter id bill. He loves illegals so much that he tried to ban sancuary cities. He loves illegals so much that he has spent over $400 Million of TX’s tax dollars on the border because the Feds won’t. He loves illegals so much that he vetoed a bill that would have allowed them to have drivers licences.

And give me links to show that “he loves muslims”, because here’s mine to show the opposite, including links showing that Pam Geller doctored quotes to smear Perry and Robert Spencer did a complete 180 on what he accuses Perry of.

Aslans Girl on December 21, 2011 at 6:38 PM

Ahahahahahahaha…did I say he loves illegals? Sorry, I forgot I “don’t have a heart” like tricky Ricky does. The only group former Democrat Tricky loves more than illegals is muslims. Your bullspit about Spencer doing “a 180″ can be proven by the man himself here http://www.jihadwatch.org/2011/11/spencer-rick-perrys-jihad-problem.html If you truly believe that the open borders-loving, Norquist-puppet, islamist-tool Perry is in anyway a conservative, you’re a fool.

thedevilinside on December 21, 2011 at 7:02 PM

bluegill on December 21, 2011 at 6:57 PM

I understand he is doing great on the ground in Iowa and drawing large crowds…… doesn’t sound like someone going through the motions, to me.

Rapunzel on December 21, 2011 at 7:02 PM

I think that’s a little harsh.

JellyToast on December 21, 2011 at 6:57 PM

Relax, its just astonerii. He’s upset that he isn’t good enough to make it into the “top tier” of Perry hatin’ nutballs.

So now he slings whatever he can to improve his stats.

Probably really mad that some noob came up with the “Trig Perry” first.

cozmo on December 21, 2011 at 7:03 PM

There’s a guy up in some cold mostly blue state that will call you comrade.

cozmo on December 21, 2011 at 7:00 PM

I wonder if he would still think that when I’m doing everything I can to make sure Obama isn’t reelected. Nice try.

GOPRanknFile on December 21, 2011 at 7:04 PM

FIFY

kunegetikos on December 21, 2011 at 7:00 PM

But you didn’t add the “Trig Perry” to it. That has to be your proudest comment here. Something to announce to everyone just who, and what, you are.

cozmo on December 21, 2011 at 7:05 PM

Additionally, I think the GOP needs to run against Obama and Pelosi’s practices of crony capitalism.

Perry isn’t in position to do that.

joana on December 21, 2011 at 6:39 PM

Why not?

tmontgomery on December 21, 2011 at 7:06 PM

How long are you guys gonna be offended by that Trig Perry comment? Yeah it was a lowlife attack, but the internetz is serious businezz and the permaffended need to move along.

Spirit Crusher on December 21, 2011 at 7:08 PM

Perry shot himself in the foot over and over. Deal with it. He’s not ready.

hanzblinx on December 21, 2011 at 6:53 PM

Who is, then?

besser tot als rot on December 21, 2011 at 6:59 PM

All the candidates that communicate coherently. Pick one. I’m sorry, but communication skills are a requirement for this job. That’s why Perry imploded so hard.

hanzblinx on December 21, 2011 at 7:08 PM

Great add, doesn’t change the fact that Rick Perry looks perpetually bewildered.

1punchWill on December 21, 2011 at 7:09 PM

Spirit Crusher on December 21, 2011 at 6:44 PM

lol!

kg598301 on December 21, 2011 at 7:11 PM

Spirit Crusher on December 21, 2011 at 7:08 PM

Nope, interwebs is forever.

cozmo on December 21, 2011 at 7:13 PM

ombdz on December 21, 2011 at 6:46 PM

You’re right, because as we all know, “the middle” don’t want jobs.

Aslans Girl on December 21, 2011 at 7:15 PM

Perry is starting to look better and better . . .,who cares whether he can debate . . .he can govern . .. he has a military background . . .and he’s HAWT!!!!

GO PERRY GO!

Pragmatic on December 21, 2011 at 7:19 PM

pamplonajack on December 21, 2011 at 6:50 PM

First, he was not attacking “gay soldiers”, he was merely pointing out that one group is allowed to be open about who they are, and another group is told to stay in the closet. Simple really.

Second, in IA he is appealing to his fellow conservatives so he runs so-con messages; in the general, he will run general ads about jobs, the economy, stong national defense, etc.

Aslans Girl on December 21, 2011 at 7:21 PM

pamplonajack on December 21, 2011 at 6:52 PM

You best look at RCP again. The average has gone up slightly for him and pollsters said yesterday that he’s the only one tracking upward. His favorables have jumped 12% up, too.

And in Iowa, the other day Insider Advantage shows him virtually tied for second with Mittster.

Keep lying about how “96%” reject him, though, it’s fun :)

Aslans Girl on December 21, 2011 at 7:23 PM

astonerii on December 21, 2011 at 6:54 PM

Prove it. I want links.

Aslans Girl on December 21, 2011 at 7:25 PM

You can support whomever you would like. Someone else’s preferences shouldn’t influence your own, which is why endorsements mean very little.

GOPRanknFile on December 21, 2011 at 6:40 PM

I am not asking for your endorsment of a candidate. I was curious if you liked any of the other candidates and why you supported him/her.

Just making conversation.

tmontgomery on December 21, 2011 at 7:26 PM

Prove it. I want links.

Aslans Girl on December 21, 2011 at 7:25 PM

He really stepped in it that time. It must be the desperation.

cozmo on December 21, 2011 at 7:30 PM

thedevilinside on December 21, 2011 at 7:02 PM

I see you didn’t read my link about how Spencer at a 2010 symposium completely agreed that Aga Khan is a “moderate Muslim” and yet had the nerve to attack Perry. Well, here it is AGAIN (scroll down):

Robert Spencer beclowned himself on this issue.

Aslans Girl on December 21, 2011 at 7:30 PM

kg598301 on December 21, 2011 at 6:49 PM

GOPRanknFile on December 21, 2011 at 6:52 PM

I believe you said it, but not that you’ll do it. There’s a reason I don’t knock the other candidates- because I may end up having to vote for one of them. But I’m not going to spout a lot of bs about going all out to do everything I can to get them elected. Lame, but nice try.

kg598301 on December 21, 2011 at 7:31 PM

open-borders lovin’, Trans Texas Corridor supportin’ Governor Good Hair Perry attends the 2007 Bilderbeger conference.

“Mmm Mmm. I loves me some open borders. How’s my hair look?” – Tricky Ricky Perry

thedevilinside on December 21, 2011 at 7:32 PM

thedevilinside on December 21, 2011 at 7:32 PM

OH!! Now, I see! You’re a PAULBOT! It alllllll makes sense now! The Bilderburgers… ROFLOLOLOLOL!

Aslans Girl on December 21, 2011 at 7:34 PM

Perry is the best general election candidate because his record provides the sharpest contrast to Obama. Just look at Perry’s energy plan! Off-shore drilling, shale oil, coal etc. is what these states’ governors want, their senators want etc. Perry (and Jindal) have been on the front line against Obama on this. Gas has been darn near close to $4.00 for the entire Obama presidency. This is the most basic of pocketbook issues that flows through the entire economy. We will not have a real recovery with gas at $4.00 a gallon.

I can see the jobs in Rick Perry’s energy plan from my house!

Perry/Jindal 2012

monalisa on December 21, 2011 at 7:37 PM

For the Rick Perry supporters.

Picture from Iowa – look at the caption :)

gophergirl on December 21, 2011 at 7:37 PM

Oh I read it. Would that be the same David Stein who fabricated all the lies? What a fool you are to believe him.
Try this article from American Thinker:

Now, when your finished with Perry, get off your knees and try some independent thought. I’m starting to feel sorry for you.

thedevilinside on December 21, 2011 at 7:40 PM

gophergirl on December 21, 2011 at 7:37 PM

Woohoo! Thank you, gg! Made me :D

Aslans Girl on December 21, 2011 at 7:42 PM

thedevilinside on December 21, 2011 at 7:40 PM

Sorry, I don’t take Paulbots seriously.

Aslans Girl on December 21, 2011 at 7:42 PM

I’ve just started tuning out the Romneybots. It’s all the same crap that we were told would put McCain over the top. 75% of the Republican party gets it. You guys clearly don’t have the candlepower. Whatever.

Citizen-003528 on December 21, 2011 at 7:43 PM

Go Perry Go..:)

Dire Straits on December 21, 2011 at 7:43 PM

Rick Perry could go on television in his boxer shorts talking about shooting mice that are attacking his dogs and I’d still vote for him over Willard and Newton.

Spirit Crusher on December 21, 2011 at 6:39 PM

Rofl! You are cracking me up tonight! And, I totally agree!

kg598301 on December 21, 2011 at 7:43 PM

Aslans Girl on December 21, 2011 at 7:34 PM

Lol…you’re dumber than I thought if you think I’m a Paulian. This is really getting sad for you. Tweaking little Perrynistas like yourself is way to easy.

thedevilinside on December 21, 2011 at 7:46 PM

For the Rick Perry supporters.

Picture from Iowa – look at the caption :)

gophergirl on December 21, 2011 at 7:37 PM

Awesome! Just about what I suspected might be going on- and I’m just fine with all of the pundits being oblivious to it. Which they obviously are.

kg598301 on December 21, 2011 at 7:46 PM

Sorry, I don’t take Paulbots seriously.

Aslans Girl on December 21, 2011 at 7:42 PM

You’re not sorry, and neither do I. I don’t take Perry seriously either.

thedevilinside on December 21, 2011 at 7:49 PM

kg598301 on December 21, 2011 at 7:31 PM

Luckily, the ballot box doesn’t require that you believe me for me to cast my vote for the Republican candidate. I can criticize candidates and still end up voting for them. I criticized Bush often for his stances on amnesty, his reckless spending, and other positions but I had no problem voting for him. A for effort though.

GOPRanknFile on December 21, 2011 at 7:51 PM

kg598301 on December 21, 2011 at 7:46 PM

I’ve been following the Twitter feeds of the people following his bus tour. They are telling a way different story than what everybody else is reporting.

Even John King is commenting at the increase in support.

gophergirl on December 21, 2011 at 7:53 PM

“mmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmm….I loves me some aides/lobbyists advising me on that dadgum trans-texas corridor” – Tricky Ricky Perry

“Cintra consultant turned Governor Perry’s legislative aide, turned Cintra lobbyist. It’s hard to keep up with who is working for who. Or is it?”

thedevilinside on December 21, 2011 at 7:57 PM

I’m sick of Perry people always complaining about and blaming Perry’s failures on “the establishment” and the GOP “elites.” They like to make boogeymen out of the beltway Republicans and say that Perry’s polling at the bottom of the barrel is somehow the fault of beltway Republicans who supposedly don’t like “true” conservatives or something. (By the way, Rick Perry is SOFT on illegal immigration, so how conservative is he, really?) Or sometimes they’ll say, like Anita Perry did, that Rick Perry is being marginalized because of his faith. It’s pathetic. Perry has no one but himself to blame for his embarrassing predicament. Had Perry been able to get up on stage and speak coherently about why he should be president, then he could have been a stronger contender. But he couldn’t even do that. The man is a dunce and has been revealed as the emperor with no clothes. All he can do is mumble and bumble before flashing a smile. That’s not going to cut it, Rick!

bluegill on December 21, 2011 at 6:39 PM

Look gillfish, nowhere in my post did I say that Perry’s failings are due to the establishment RINOs. However, I do believe that the establishment has effectively destroyed or scared away from running anyone who is a social and fiscal conservative. The beltway establishment is only interested in fiscal conservatives. full stop. Now, my biggest problem with Perry was his stance on illegal immigration. However, all things considered, he is much more conservative than either Romney or Gingrich.

KickandSwimMom on December 21, 2011 at 8:04 PM

Does Bobby Jindal appear after Rick forget his lines in this ad, too?

pamplonajack on December 21, 2011 at 6:01 PM

Perry/Jindal 2012!

kg598301 on December 21, 2011 at 8:05 PM

Even John King is commenting at the increase in support.

gophergirl on December 21, 2011 at 7:53 PM

That is good news friend..:)

Dire Straits on December 21, 2011 at 8:09 PM

There’s a new ad with Anita Perry, and it’s charming. It’s called American Story.

juliesa on December 21, 2011 at 8:10 PM

gophergirl on December 21, 2011 at 7:53 PM

Wouldn’t it be awesome to see the utter shock if he does well in Iowa? lol

kg598301 on December 21, 2011 at 8:12 PM

Perry is so unelectable (he is actually stupid)

pamplonajack on December 21, 2011 at 6:01 PM

Eventually people are going to realize that that sort of attack is ludicrous, and low and mean. Perry can simply say: “that’s not true; but the big point is this: if you want the big govt liberals to ruin this country, go ahead and vote for Obama.”

More critically, only Perry can excite the base in a way that will raise the huge $$$ needed to beat Obama. ONLY $Perry$.

And don’t heed current polls. The key: …the polls do not show the dynamic of Perry taking out Obama with a $ billion of advertising!!

anotherJoe on December 21, 2011 at 8:14 PM

@IowaGOPerCraig Robinson

Perry event already 4 times longer than Bachmann’s event in Muscatine and he hasn’t been here that long.

Some more from the trail – this is from someone who writes for the IowaRepublican.com

More on his event today

@IowaGOPerCraig Robinson

Perry now scoring points on faith. This is the best event of his that I have been to.

5 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

replies ↓

Rebecca_CBSNJRebecca Kaplan

@

@IowaGOPer Having been on every event of the bus tour so far, I agree.

5 hours ago

gophergirl on December 21, 2011 at 8:15 PM

That is good news friend..:)

Dire Straits on December 21, 2011 at 8:09 PM

The twitter feeds, pictures and stories out of Iowa are making me feel very optimistic.

gophergirl on December 21, 2011 at 8:17 PM

juliesa on December 21, 2011 at 8:10 PM

The end of it when he leans over and says I really approve this message is adorable.

gophergirl on December 21, 2011 at 8:17 PM

gophergirl, do you have a link to the twitter feeds?

I watched these videos and he is doing great and the crowds are large, liked what he said here on Pakistan:

Rapunzel on December 21, 2011 at 8:18 PM

Deal with it. He’s not ready.

hanzblinx on December 21, 2011 at 6:53 PM

He is the executive of a State for over 10 years, that has the 13th largest economy in the world.

Perry cut general fund spending. No other Texas governor has done that since WWII. He did this while preserving our 6 billion dollar rainy day fund.

Don’t conservatives want Washington to cut general fund spending? Hasn’t Perry proven that he can?

Perry and the TX legislature have done more to secure the border with Mexico than the Federal Government in Texas. They have used my state tax dollars and put Texas Ranger Recon Teams in the border region as well as state of the art aviation assets. We might not stop them all, but we do what we can.

He knows what it is going to take to secure the border, and will get it done. He has stated that he thinks amnesty is assinine.

Jobs! Under Perry’s leadership, Texas has added more net jobs than the other 49 states combined in the past 5 years. Texas is now home to more Fortune 500 companies than any other state.

Rick Perry knows job creation.

Other than maybe Newt (if comparing apples to oranges…Speaker vs. Governor), who else has this kind of record.

tmontgomery on December 21, 2011 at 8:19 PM

Wouldn’t it be awesome to see the utter shock if he does well in Iowa? lol

kg598301 on December 21, 2011 at 8:12 PM

This place would be so much fun watching the heads explode.

gophergirl on December 21, 2011 at 8:19 PM

thedevilinside on December 21, 2011 at 7:46 PM

Go back to your fallout shelter.

Daemonocracy on December 21, 2011 at 8:19 PM

Awwwww, that new ad with Anita is too cute for words.

gophergirl, thanks for the twitter updates, I don’t “do” twitter so it’s appreciated! I’ve been following rickperryreport.com and their updates and pics from the bus tour are fun to read!

Has this been posted here yet? Politico had it:

I got a kick out of reading what his faves are… who knew, The Who? And I know he likes Beethoven as well :)

Aslans Girl on December 21, 2011 at 8:26 PM

Rapunzel on December 21, 2011 at 8:18 PM

This one is my favorite. He/She has the links to the pundits/press/press on the road/campaign and followers. They are very pro-Perry but it’s a good one stop shop

I also like this one

and this one

gophergirl on December 21, 2011 at 8:27 PM

Aslans Girl on December 21, 2011 at 8:26 PM

You’re welcome. I don’t twitter either – just figured out how to follow people about a month ago. It’s interesting. You get news you don’t normally get even on places like HA.

gophergirl on December 21, 2011 at 8:31 PM

gophergirl on December 21, 2011 at 8:17 PM

Yep, it is.

Also, thanks for all the good twitter suggestions.

juliesa on December 21, 2011 at 8:32 PM

gophergirl – thank you! Sounds like Perry is picking up steam and Bachmann is flaming out on her little tour.

Rapunzel on December 21, 2011 at 8:32 PM

This place would be so much fun watching the heads explode.

gophergirl on December 21, 2011 at 8:19 PM

That by itself is almost enough to make me support the guy. Heck, he already did that to most of the nutballs in Texas.

Now that they pushed back our primary, it will either be all over by the time it gets here or really interesting.

cozmo on December 21, 2011 at 8:37 PM

Saddened and surprised by the result when an overactive and heartless imagination mangles a middle-school math reference for a guy who can’t count to 3. Google it and count entries for 10 pages. So now he is “Amnesia” Perry.

kunegetikos on December 21, 2011 at 8:43 PM

Here is the link to the Anita Perry ad

Rapunzel on December 21, 2011 at 8:48 PM

Is Perry now Palin’s avatar?

As soon as a post comes up the usual suspects step up and point out that he’s clearly an idiot. All that’s missing is the maniacal support on the other side.

CorporatePiggy on December 21, 2011 at 8:49 PM

Is Perry now Palin’s avatar?

I don’t think that’s a fair characterization. No one, to my knowledge, least of all Palin’s harshest critics, show any sign of thinking Perry bright enough to qualify for Palin Avatar status or even a reality show.

kunegetikos on December 21, 2011 at 9:03 PM

Bobby Jindal 2012!

Punchenko on December 21, 2011 at 6:05 PM

I’m a Perry supporter-but Jindal was my first choice.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2011 at 9:09 PM

kunegetikos on December 21, 2011 at 9:03 PM

But with your description of Perry as “Trig Perry”, you sure try to tie them together.

cozmo on December 21, 2011 at 9:17 PM

I also like this one

and this one

gophergirl on December 21, 2011 at 8:27 PM

Those are all good ones, gophergirl! I follow all three, I believe. Maybe not Melissa, though…(*checks following list*)…I need to follow her if I’m not already.

I’ve got one myself that I probably update WAY too often, but I try to encourage the Perry Posse with positive articles, retweets, and such.

Hope it lifts your spirits even more! I’ve been reading HotAir for much longer than I’ve actually been registered and I know you’ve been discouraged sometimes. (Hope you don’t mind me mentioning that, but I always wanted to give you a hug every time I read one of your sad comments.) Don’t lose heart. We’re in this to win it and so is Governor Perry. He’s always won from behind. The Lord is working in hearts and minds and His will trumps all. If it’s His will that Perry becomes President in 2013, then nothing Mitt, Newt, Ron Paul, Obama, or the LSM can do will stop it from happening.

louisianapatriette on December 21, 2011 at 9:23 PM

Prove it. I want links.

Aslans Girl on December 21, 2011 at 7:25 PM

No, I learned from your friends to never give away the prize, and just make you work for it.

Perry lies!

astonerii on December 21, 2011 at 9:24 PM

Where the part about Rick Perry being Al Gore’s campaign manager?

Oh yeah, he’s irrelevant. I forgot.

swamp_yankee on December 21, 2011 at 9:27 PM

gophergirl on December 21, 2011 at 8:27 PM

Woo-hoo!
I was born in Sac City Iowa and my father was born/raised in Davenport.
I hope Iowa republicans get it right!

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2011 at 9:28 PM

Ugh, didn’t mean to make that all one link. Sorry, I’m still getting used to the setup here at HotAir; I’m more accustomed to RedState. Here is the link to my Twitter account.

louisianapatriette on December 21, 2011 at 9:31 PM

Hello, this isn’t working. Here’s the address for my Twitter:

louisianapatriette on December 21, 2011 at 9:33 PM

Perry lies!

astonerii on December 21, 2011 at 9:24 PM

What you learned was that you couldn’t get away with making unfounded accusations and make people prove your crap wrong.

Now you just spew your own crap.

cozmo on December 21, 2011 at 9:33 PM

OK y’all, didn’t mean to spam the thread. My browser isn’t working or something. I apologize!

louisianapatriette on December 21, 2011 at 9:34 PM

Hello, this isn’t working. Here’s the address for my Twitter:

louisianapatriette on December 21, 2011 at 9:33 PM

Oh my gosh – I didn’t know that was you. I love your twitter account.

gophergirl on December 21, 2011 at 9:35 PM

louisianapatriette on December 21, 2011 at 9:34 PM

Well, since ya’ ain’t doin’ it to post hateful stuff, we’ll let you off with a noob warning. Next time though…

cozmo on December 21, 2011 at 9:37 PM

gophergirl on December 21, 2011 at 9:35 PM

Thank you! I’m glad you like it. Trying my best and hardest to keep people’s spirits up. I can’t tell you how helpful it’s been to connect with other Perry supporters over the Internet, especially since the “oops” moment! I’ve “met” lots of wonderful people who encourage me as much as I try to encourage. Keep the faith!

cozmo on December 21, 2011 at 9:37 PM

Yeah, for some reason my browser wasn’t showing my comments and so I kept trying, and then POOF! There were all my comments and I was left sitting here pretty embarrassed about it. So sorry!

louisianapatriette on December 21, 2011 at 9:46 PM

louisianapatriette on December 21, 2011 at 9:46 PM

Hot Gas Air has been a little twitchy lately. Must be all the kiddies running around and breakin’ things.

cozmo on December 21, 2011 at 9:49 PM

kg598301 on December 21, 2011 at 7:31 PM

GOPRanknFile on December 21, 2011 at 7:51 PM

Reading is fun!

kg598301 on December 21, 2011 at 10:07 PM

I sure hope Perry can rise again!

Perry/I dont care who 2012