Maria Conchita Alonso to Sean Penn: Let’s face it, you’re a communist A-hole

posted at 5:26 pm on December 20, 2011 by Allahpundit

Via the New York Post, which has an account of their angry exchange at LAX, 15 solid minutes of hippie-punching goodness. Skip ahead to 5:30 for the meaty bits. She wrote an open letter to Penn last year unloading on him for his cretinous Chavista apologetics and I guess he must have remembered because allegedly the word “pig” ended up being thrown around during their chat — and not by Alonso. Quoth the NYP:

Penn, traveling from Haiti, told us: “I only knew that a hostile woman was nonsensically berating me. I didn’t realize it was that actress. I think I worked with her once. But she looks really different. She was uninformed and impolite to all the other passengers.” The two starred in the 1988 film “Colors,” as lovers on different sides of the gang war in Los Angeles.

If you’ve never seen it, go watch Penn defend Chavez’s decision to deny a broadcasting license to an opposition Venezuelan TV station in 2007. The pretext for that was the station’s alleged complicity in a coup attempt against Chavez in 2002, a charge that was never proved in court; the regime’s decision not to renew its license was wildly unpopular in Venezuela and among international media rights groups but Chavez went ahead with it anyway. The interesting thing about the old Penn clip isn’t that he backs Chavez on it — that’s simply a useful idiot being a useful idiot — but that he accuses the station of having regularly called for Chavez’s assassination. That’s never been part of the case against them from what I’ve read on the subject; it smells like propaganda that Chavez or one of his apparatchiks might have fed to Penn for occasions just like this, thinking that he’d eat it up and regurgitate it as necessary. Darned if they weren’t right.

Comments

Haven’t we known that for a long time.

they lie on December 20, 2011 at 5:28 PM

Communist Asshole. That’s redundant.

ronsfi on December 20, 2011 at 5:29 PM

“Whats wrong Pac-Man? Huh? You know me, Pac-man!”

portlandon on December 20, 2011 at 5:30 PM

I would trade all the Maria’s in third world nations for all the Penn’s here.

Grunt on December 20, 2011 at 5:31 PM

First and second. I finally win the steak knives.

they lie on December 20, 2011 at 5:31 PM

She’s holding back…

Kraken on December 20, 2011 at 5:31 PM

Lets face it, she’s right.

rightConcept on December 20, 2011 at 5:31 PM

OK, I have a new crush…!!!

Ragspierre on December 20, 2011 at 5:32 PM

First and second. I finally win the steak knives.

they lie on December 20, 2011 at 5:31 PM

Well, darn, just when I thought I had em won!

they lie on December 20, 2011 at 5:32 PM

When the Legend Becomes Fact, Print the Legend’
Victor Davis Hanson

In short, the myth of Obama’s brilliance was based on his teleprompted eloquence, the sort of fable that says we should listen to a clueless Sean Penn or Matt Damon on politics because they can sometimes act well.

Chip on December 20, 2011 at 5:33 PM

OK, I have a new crush…!!!

She is tough.

Ragspierre on December 20, 2011 at 5:33 PM

She has more courage than anyone in Hollywood.

Finally someone takes it straight to these hypocritical A$#holes.

Opposite Day on December 20, 2011 at 5:33 PM

Well, darn, just when I thought I had em won!

they lie on December 20, 2011 at 5:32 PM

Hesitation is for losers…

Kraken on December 20, 2011 at 5:34 PM

Surprised that the pathetic woman-beater didn’t try to punch Ms. Alonso.

baldilocks on December 20, 2011 at 5:34 PM

Only Mitt Romney can defeat Sean Penn and his Communist regime in Hollywood.

Punchenko on December 20, 2011 at 5:35 PM

Maria Conchita Alonso to Sean Penn: Let’s face it, you’re a communist A-hole

Brief. Succinct. And to the point.

I like it.

GarandFan on December 20, 2011 at 5:35 PM

I understand the anger she feels, but seriously, it’s a waste of time. Sean Penn is the 21st Century’s version of the useful idiots that the communists of the last century used to aid in their propaganda campaigns. He’s a typical Hollywood liberal hypocrite who has been blessed with the riches and freedoms that this country offers (even to it’s least talented citizens, ahem! Jeff Spicoli??) and then turns around and bad-mouth’s the very same nation….USEFUL IDIOT to be sure.

powerpickle on December 20, 2011 at 5:36 PM

Jeff Spicoli strikes again!

FlatFoot on December 20, 2011 at 5:36 PM

She should have offered to buy him a one-way ticket to Venezuela.

GeorgiaBuckeye on December 20, 2011 at 5:36 PM

Can you imagine? Being in contact with Chavez? You know: Your phone goes off, you pull it out, it says Hugo.

“Suuuuuuuuuup”
“Suuuuuuuuuup”
“Dude, you coming over?”
“Gotta work.”
“Lame”
“Call you back?”
“K”

Axe on December 20, 2011 at 5:36 PM

She would know more about the struggles of the people of Venezuala than the elitist spoiled communist actor

Natebo on December 20, 2011 at 5:37 PM

Tell us something that we don’t know MCA!

Chinatola on December 20, 2011 at 5:38 PM

Why doesn’t Penn just stay there? Why keep coming back to this country that he hates so much?

Kaffa on December 20, 2011 at 5:40 PM

I wonder if a guy like Sean Penn, who has all the money he’ll ever need, all the women he’ll ever need, all the fame he’ll ever need, is starting to get bored.
Maybe he feels that he needs power to complete his aquisitions in life. He could go into politics here in the US but would probably be laughed out of the filing office and it would be a lot of hard work to get the recognition he craves.

Plan B: Use a foreign politician’s need for western credibility by providing your star power side by side with him in endless photo-ops. And maybe down the line this said politician will embrace you fully and put you in his government, thus giving you the power you so desperatily seek and can’t attain in your own homeland.

This politician’s world view is not important since the final objective is to get the feeling of total power.

NapaConservative on December 20, 2011 at 5:44 PM

…aaand..SCENE!

SMACKRUNNER on December 20, 2011 at 5:45 PM

Kaffa on December 20, 2011 at 5:40 PM

maybe he is afraid madonna will come find him.

upinak on December 20, 2011 at 5:45 PM

Penn responds: Penn’s response to Allah and the HotGas commentariat

Walter Sobchak on December 20, 2011 at 5:45 PM

Kaffa on December 20, 2011 at 5:40 PM

Because this is where all his stuff is, you know?

Lily on December 20, 2011 at 5:46 PM

Why would Chavez need to control the media if it’s so wonderful in his socialist paradise?

Chip on December 20, 2011 at 5:47 PM

Only Mitt Romney can defeat Sean Penn and his Communist regime in Hollywood.

Punchenko on December 20, 2011 at 5:35 PM

Punchenko-you are actually right about this. Amazing.

gerrym51 on December 20, 2011 at 5:48 PM

I also recall Penn being upset that people were calling his friend. Chavez, a dictator, and Penn said something like he wished that all of the people who called Chavez a dictator would get colo-rectal cancer and die miserably. Ironic.. isn’t it?

thatsafactjack on December 20, 2011 at 5:48 PM

*waves at Shawn Peen*

Dude, you’re a decent enough actor, but, um… leave the thinking to other folks, m’kay?

Midas on December 20, 2011 at 5:49 PM

She should have offered to buy him a one-way ticket to Venezuela.

GeorgiaBuckeye on December 20, 2011 at 5:36 PM

I’m sure that will have to wait until he gets back from North Korea where he will be paying his respects to the fallen Dear Leader.

hoofhearted on December 20, 2011 at 5:52 PM

ABOUT DAMN TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!

GhoulAid on December 20, 2011 at 5:52 PM

Oh, sorry, I just fact checked myself and it seems that the colo-rectal cancer curse was actually hurled at his critics in general while he was working on the Haiti disaster.

thatsafactjack on December 20, 2011 at 5:52 PM

I just can’t figure it out. What happened to us? Where did we go wrong? Why did it end up this way? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLwADyVdVK8&feature=related

Bmore on December 20, 2011 at 5:54 PM

Why didn’t Penn stay for shock and awe?

Speakup on December 20, 2011 at 5:54 PM

“…watch Penn defend Chavez’s decision to deny a broadcasting license to an opposition Venezuelan TV station in 2007.”

Liberals…

… Know them by their deeds.

Seven Percent Solution on December 20, 2011 at 5:54 PM

Penn is a wife beater. Maria conchita could turn many a man in to a meat beater.

abobo on December 20, 2011 at 5:56 PM

I believe him when he said he didn’t recognise that hostile woman berating him. I didn’t either. Judging by the pic, she has really let herself go. It looks just like he is hugging Hugo Chavez, for crying out loud…

Say what?

Lily on December 20, 2011 at 5:57 PM

Kaffa on December 20, 2011 at 5:40 PM

Better Question: WHY are we supporting this knob’s lifestyle? I’m not denying him the ability to earn income; but there’s no way I have to add to his bank. Let the other sponges and waste-oids support this intellectual brick.

I love that Penn said that he doesn’t really remember doing a movie with her. Such an obvious lie.

blink on December 20, 2011 at 5:44 PM

Because I think at some level, he knows that she’s spot on…at least on calling him out on his hypocrisy. He cant claim she’s biased: she’s actually seen the mess that the country has slid into since this Chavez rise to power.

All that crap they threw at Bush during his 8 years, is really happening in Venezuela. Its happening in Cuba, and yet the Brie Cheese and Prius crowd that deems itself SO smart that they can’t be wrong tries to sell us sunshine in a bottle.

BlaxPac on December 20, 2011 at 5:58 PM

Maria Conchita Alsonso! Busts Sean teenyweenypeeny Penn down! Wow, what a smack down! Good for her. I wish more “actors” would go there with the liberals arses that make up our hollywood elite. :(

sicoit on December 20, 2011 at 5:59 PM

Asonso=Alonso ooooppppssss

sicoit on December 20, 2011 at 5:59 PM

Ultra-maroon…..

But you’ve got to hand it to the guy for his help and work in Haiti.

oldroy on December 20, 2011 at 5:59 PM

Oh shoot, you know what I mean! *ugh*

sicoit on December 20, 2011 at 6:00 PM

I checked to see if he and Scarlett were still together. According to the tabloids, he dumped her.

Consider yourself lucky, Scarlett. :)

Blake on December 20, 2011 at 6:00 PM

A “Communist Asshole”? Trust me Sean Penn has been called alot worse, and I be darn they all were right. I as I am sure many others like me would not so much as give Sean Penn piss to take a pill with on his death bed let alone watch a movie or any other production he has been cast in. Just a total waste of air space.

RiCkY.D. on December 20, 2011 at 6:03 PM

NapaConservative on December 20, 2011 at 5:44 PM

More likely the three functional neurons in his brain all fired at the same time while Sean was looking at a picture of Hugo and Sean got a tingle up his leg and figured that meant Hugo was like this really cool dude…

SWalker on December 20, 2011 at 6:03 PM

OT: Had to share this. I went to Kroger after work today and looking for a parking spot, low and behold, a BRAND NEW CHEVY VOLT was backing out. Still had the new “paper” plate on it. The lady was backing out, carefully of course, and the sucker DIED! She kept trying to start it and it wouldn’t start. Forgive me, I sat in my 2002 VW Golf and laughed my butt off and continued on to find another spot. No, I didn’t leave her there stranded. The man parked next to her got out of his car to try to help her. I couldn’t stay to watch the happenings, but when I came out of the store, (Bless her heart) she was still there trying to start it. God love her! :)
Back to the regularly scheduled program.

sicoit on December 20, 2011 at 6:04 PM

These guys promote Communism, support Communist dictators, act like Communists…and then get all bent when you call them a Communist.

Admit it, Penn. You’re a filthy Communist.

kbTexan on December 20, 2011 at 6:07 PM

“when I came out of the store, (Bless her heart) she was still there trying to start it.”

sicoit on December 20, 2011 at 6:04 PM

You could have at least brought her a fire extinguisher.

kbTexan on December 20, 2011 at 6:09 PM

Consider yourself lucky, Scarlett. :)

Blake on December 20, 2011 at 6:00 PM

He probably sensed that he couldn’t beat her without repercussions.

baldilocks on December 20, 2011 at 6:12 PM

You could have at least brought her a fire extinguisher.

kbTexan on December 20, 2011 at 6:09 PM

DON’T OFFER A JUMP.

Axe on December 20, 2011 at 6:12 PM

hippie-punching

Ahhhh. OMG. LOL. And I don’t throw my LOLs around lightly. Of course I’ve seen that before but it never fails to get a rise. Very vivid. and every right-thinker’s secret PG-13-for-violence fantasy.

curved space on December 20, 2011 at 6:13 PM

Admit it, Penn. You’re a filthy Communist.

kbTexan on December 20, 2011 at 6:07 PM

The Democrats have been protecting treason committing Marxist’s and Communists every since Sen. McCarthy proved that the democrats were all treasonous bastards way back in the 50′s. If we had dealt with every treasonous Marxist/Communist like we did Julius and Ethel Rosenberg, America would have never elected a Marxist and Sean Penn’s love affair with Hugo Chavez would never make the news.

The simple fact however is, that the Democrats were scared to death America would treat all treasonous Marxist/Communists exactly the way Julius and Ethel were treated, which is why nobody is ever charged with treason in America anymore.

SWalker on December 20, 2011 at 6:15 PM

This could also be Penn’s narcissistic attempt to make “history” and shape the world for generations to admire. Maybe he wants to get into the history books as not only a great(?) actor but also a powerful politician.

NapaConservative on December 20, 2011 at 6:15 PM

sicoit on December 20, 2011 at 6:04 PM

You could have at least brought her a fire extinguisher.

kbTexan on December 20, 2011 at 6:09 PM

If you had any humor you would’ve bought an Energizer Bunny costume and walked by her beating a drum.

NapaConservative on December 20, 2011 at 6:17 PM

You look really different now too, Mr. Penn.

@$$hole.

Jim Treacher on December 20, 2011 at 6:21 PM

Good for her. People who experience communist dictators tend to have a different opinion of them. Go figure.

Esthier on December 20, 2011 at 6:22 PM

Esthier on December 20, 2011 at 6:22 PM

The Americans I know of Latino descent, (wives family and about 25 percent of the folks I know in the military) amazing patriots. I’ve know many that were from counties like Cuba and Venezuela. To a person they profess that America should hold firmly to what it has made here.

hawkdriver on December 20, 2011 at 6:27 PM

It makes perfect sense that Penn would defend a dictator shutting down opposition opinion. American lefties would be delighted to have such power – no more Hannity, Limbaugh, Fox, Beck, etc…

TheBad on December 20, 2011 at 6:28 PM

TheBad on December 20, 2011 at 6:28 PM

Sean Penn’s wet dream. Add a requirement for all Americans to have to attend showings of “Casualties of War” with standing ovations after every one of his scenes.

hawkdriver on December 20, 2011 at 6:34 PM

TheBad on December 20, 2011 at 6:28 PM

Yep. It irks him that he’s limited to punching out photographers instead of throwing them in political prison.

Jim Treacher on December 20, 2011 at 6:37 PM

What a great interview, even with the thick accent/bad reception mixed in. It took me about 10 seconds to realize that she was the hottie Female lead in Running Man. I can understand why she would love that role.

Fighting for freedom against an oppressive all powerful state that uses crony capitalism and routine torture and mass murder of dissidents to secure power.

The ironic thing to me is that it was made at the end of the Reagan Presidency because, face it, Regan was the OG of hollywood hatred. Yet the Star of the film, who was the (republican) resistance fighter, went on to be Governor of California, just like Regan had been. Bonus clip, Guess who else is in that movie, he was one of the “enforcers”, now he’s a lefty 9/11 truther.

Mord on December 20, 2011 at 6:38 PM

Mord on December 20, 2011 at 6:38 PM

The trailer had too much Arnold and not enough Maria.

hawkdriver on December 20, 2011 at 6:44 PM

Mord on December 20, 2011 at 6:38 PM

Jesse “The Dummy” Venturda.

M240H on December 20, 2011 at 6:52 PM

“she looks really different”- well, it’s been 20-some years since “Colors”. I assume he’s meaning this as some sort of slam, but it’s easy to Google up some photos of Penn in 1988, and he hasn’t aged well himself. Maria is still pretty and vivacious. And the thing is, _hers_ is the courageous stand, not Penn’s. She could (and probably will) lose work for taking a stand against a communist thug. Fellow travelers in Hollywood loooove them some leftist dictators, Penn is a coward who takes the accepted leftist hollywood line on all things, as most actors do.

babygiraffe on December 20, 2011 at 6:53 PM

Maria Conchita Alonso, te quiero mucho. Tu eres mi campéon. Llámeme.

TXUS on December 20, 2011 at 6:57 PM

I think I worked with her once. But she looks really different.

Sean, “Colors” was made twenty four years ago. How gentlemanly of you to poimt out that she “looks…different”. People age. It is said that people spend the first half of their lives creating the face they live with in the second half.

What on earth did you do to end up looking like the butthole of Howard Zinn’s corpse?

M240H on December 20, 2011 at 7:01 PM

The trailer had too much Arnold and not enough Maria.

hawkdriver on December 20, 2011 at 6:44 PM

She walks in at 5:45 in this clip, but watch the whole thing, it’s creepy how hollywood doomsday imagination of Republican rule looks so much like today.

Mord on December 20, 2011 at 7:04 PM

Gotta watch “The Running Man” tonight…

VidOmnia on December 20, 2011 at 7:15 PM

She has more courage than anyone in Hollywood.

Finally someone takes it straight to these hypocritical A$#holes.

Opposite Day on December 20, 2011 at 5:33 PM

That isn’t just an opinion – it’s a fact. After all, Penn has been convicted several times for violent physical abuse. He’s a drugged-out, liquored-up mean Irish drunk whose pathetic acting skills haven’t landed him a decent role in years.

In contrast, Maria Conchita-Alonso is an itty bitty thing. One thug- punch from Penn and she’d be in the hospital.

CatchAll on December 20, 2011 at 7:16 PM

I tried to think of a better way to describe Penn, but I could not.

Ellis on December 20, 2011 at 7:16 PM

You could have at least brought her a fire extinguisher.

kbTexan on December 20, 2011 at 6:09 PM

My bad…. :( (tee hee)

sicoit on December 20, 2011 at 7:18 PM

NapaConservative on December 20, 2011 at 6:17 PM

Is he!! freezing over? NOT.ON.YOUR.LIFE. NapaConservative! But a good thought! :)

sicoit on December 20, 2011 at 7:20 PM

Maria Conchita Alonso, te quiero mucho. Tu eres mi campéon. Llámeme.

TXUS on December 20, 2011 at 6:57 PM

Oui! :)

sicoit on December 20, 2011 at 7:22 PM

Mord on December 20, 2011 at 6:38 PM

Sweet, the Running Man chic! Here I thought I was the only one who remembered that flic.

Thanks for the post Mord. It hit the spot !!

Maybe I’ll bust out my Running Man DVD after the “Climbing For Dollars” season finale tonight.

Cloture on December 20, 2011 at 7:30 PM

I think I worked with her once. But she looks really different.

No shit, Sherlock. She was 31 when you and she made Colors and the difference is that she’s still damned hot, at 54, and you, pal, have turned into just another ugly communist as*hole. Crawl back under your rock.

TXUS on December 20, 2011 at 7:31 PM

Penn does actually come from a communist family and his father was blackballed during the McCarthy Era for being outed as a card carrying member of the Communist Party.

Kermit on December 20, 2011 at 7:39 PM

I can’t believe that “communist asshole” is a meta tag.

lol

keep the change on December 20, 2011 at 7:44 PM

Sorry Sean, after seeing your brother in Reservoir Dogs, your whole existence pales in comparison. But,then again, I’m a Michael Madsen fan…….

waterytart on December 20, 2011 at 8:05 PM

God forgive me, I wish she had a really big boyfriend that would take Penn out.

WannabeAnglican on December 20, 2011 at 8:10 PM

I would trade all the Maria’s in third world nations for all the Penn’s here.

Grunt on December 20, 2011 at 5:31 PM
====================================================================
You spelled his last name wrong! There should be an ‘i’ where the second ‘n’ is, and you can leave out the apostrophe.

KOOLAID2 on December 20, 2011 at 8:37 PM

Well, Sean Penn is a Communist asshole, like most leftists. No need to apologize for the terminology, Maria.

MisterElephant on December 20, 2011 at 8:46 PM

How much of his wealth has Sean spread around among the unfortunate of L.A.?

How can he have any wealth left if the people are suffering?

Hypocrite a$$hole, too.

profitsbeard on December 20, 2011 at 9:10 PM

A long time ago, I was a waiter in an upscale restaurant, working the lunch crowd. One day one of my customers was the actor Jeremy Irons. He was kind and polite, in town playing the lead in a Shakespeare play (Richard III, I think) just eating lunch by himself, gladly signing autographs for those customers who recognized him. He left me a $20 tip, which was nearly half the price of his salad and single glass of wine. I swore then I would watch every movie Irons made, and have stuck to that promise over the years–which hasn’t been such a great ordeal because he’s uniformly good in every film or show he’s in, good or bad.

I swear here and now that I’ll watch every film in which the actress Maria Conchita Alonso appears. For years, I’ve been hoping beyond hope someone would call out that miserable commie rat and–thankfully finally–someone did.

troyriser_gopftw on December 20, 2011 at 9:12 PM

CatchAll on December 20, 2011 at 7:16 PM

Sean Penn is Jewish.

bw222 on December 20, 2011 at 9:33 PM

troyriser_gopftw on December 20, 2011 at 9:12 PM

They say that the villain-types are usually the nicest actors.

ebrown2 on December 20, 2011 at 9:50 PM

Yes, he’s a communist a-hole. But she is washed out and instigated the incident to draw attention to herself.

mtucker5695 on December 20, 2011 at 9:51 PM

mtucker5695 on December 20, 2011 at 9:51 PM

No evidence of that kind of media manipulation anywhere and–if memory serves–Alonso was born in Cuba and grew up in Venezuela. Unlike most in the see-no-evil, Castro-kissing Hollywood crowd, Alonso would know about communists from personal and family experience, who they are and what they do. I think she’s legit.

troyriser_gopftw on December 20, 2011 at 10:12 PM

So what if she no longer looks as good as she did in the 80′s – who among us does (other than my wife, of course)?

She is still a better person than Sean-The-Pawn Penn.

Johnny 100 Pesos on December 21, 2011 at 12:16 AM

SHE’S AWESOME!!!

TX-96 on December 21, 2011 at 1:56 AM

CatchAll on December 20, 2011 at 7:16 PM

First, I reject any assertion that he’s Irish. He must be a Scott.
Second, there wouldn’t be a hole deep enough to hide in to save his worthless, communist a$$ if he puts so much as a pinky finger on Maria.

Extrafishy on December 21, 2011 at 7:58 AM

Keep up the good fight Maria.

huskerthom on December 21, 2011 at 9:55 AM

CatchAll on December 20, 2011 at 7:16 PM

Sean Penn is Jewish.

bw222 on December 20, 2011 at 9:33 PM

Penn is an Irish name and he’s living down to it. And I can joke about mean Irish drunks because I’m half-Irish. (does that mean I’m half-drunk?)

Anyway, Jewish, shmewish, whatever. But for certain he’s a mean Irish drunk on St Pattys Day, the day everybody is a little Irish.

CatchAll on December 21, 2011 at 2:28 PM

Sean Penn is Jewish.

bw222 on December 20, 2011 at 9:33 PM

Ok, but he still drinks like he’s Irish!/

Liberty or Death on December 21, 2011 at 5:01 PM

So the prick couldn’t even remember that he and Alonso had significant roles as a couple in Colors? Wow, he really is brain damaged.

Ward Cleaver on December 22, 2011 at 1:42 PM