Quotes of the day

posted at 9:15 pm on December 17, 2011 by Allahpundit

“So is it probable that Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich, currently at each other throats providing colorful sound bites for Team Obama’s future campaign commercials, could eventually join forces, help unite the Republican Party and become the GOP ticket in 2012?

“Is this the best ticket to lead a nation that is trying to “right” itself and stop the trends toward national and global decline?

“Their skill sets and personalities could not be more different, but they could blend together and become a formidable force of constructive change.

“Both Romney and Gingrich are experienced, qualified to be president and for a divided party, represent the marriage of the establishment and conservative wings, something that is necessary if the GOP is to survive in its present form.”

***

“‘I think Tea Partiers may have listened to the first debate where we discussed the speaker’s compensation from Freddie Mac, for instance. And he said, I think he said that he got $300,000 from Freddie Mac and it was to work as an historian. And as time has gone on we find out it’s $1.6 million and he worked as a spokesman for, in providing support for Freddie Mac,’ Romney said. ‘I think as tea partiers concentrate on that for instance, they’ll say, wow, this really isn’t the guy that would represent our views.’

“The tea party, Romney said, is ‘anxious to have people who are outside Washington coming in to change Washington, as opposed to people who stayed in Washington for 30 years.’

“‘And I believe on the issues, as well, that I line up with a smaller government, a less intrusive government, regulations being pared back, holding down the tax rates of the American people, maintaining a strong defense, and so many Tea Party folks are going to find me, I believe to be the ideal candidate,’ Romney said. ‘I sure hope so.’”

***

“Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich held a conference call for Iowans this morning to fight back against attacks on his campaign and to ask to for caucus volunteers. Gingrich is not campaigning in Iowa this weekend and reportedly took time off the trail for private events…

“‘I saw an article that said there’s been so many negative mailings, so many different hit pieces and so many negative ads that we just decided that we would [hold the calls] from now to the caucus on a regular basis,’ Gingrich said…

“Gingrich went on to refute what he called attacks on his conservative record. Gingrich previously said he had balanced the budget all four years as speaker of the House, but as several fact-checking organizations pointed out, he was only responsible for two of those years and could not take credit for the years after he resigned. Today, Gingrich changed the tone of his campaign line, saying he led the efforts.”

***

Via the Examiner.

***

“[O]nce every three-quarters of a century or so, the delegates to an American political convention deliberate, and their deliberations produce a notable and impressive outcome. It could happen again in 2012. It could fall to the Republican delegates convening in Tampa, after they have cast their committed first ballot vote and failed to produce a majority for any candidate, to act as a real deliberative convention. It could fall to them to use their judgment to select the best possible nominee for their party and the best possible president for their country…

“It could happen because it’s quite possible no one will emerge from the January primaries with a commanding lead in the delegate count, or a compelling surge in popular support. Four or more of the existing candidates could then continue to split votes—and delegates—through February and March. It would be even more likely to happen if someone new were to respond to a draft and enter the race belatedly, announcing his entry as early as mid-January or as late as early March—missing some primaries, to be sure, but getting on lots of ballots and getting lots of votes in April, May, and June. In any case, it might well happen that no candidate will have a majority of pledged delegates when Republicans enter the doors of the St. Pete Times Forum in Tampa in late August…

“It’s a new political era. Perhaps that era will feature once again a real, deliberative convention—where the delegates, with the ghosts of Lincoln and FDR looking on, choose, on a second or third or fourth ballot, a compelling nominee and a consequential president.”

***

“‘I’m not holding out hope, but I do think it’s a remote possibility,’ Brooks said of a [Jeb] Bush candidacy. ‘I do think the Republican Party is not going to nominate Newt Gingrich. If he emerges from the primaries, the early primaries as the front-runner, someone’s going to step in.’”

***

“One of the biggest risks of making a bold prediction and later having to walk it back is that it takes several episodes of confrontation to live it down. This is probably the third or fourth appearance in which Ann Coulter has tried to explain how she went from predicting a sure loss for Republicans under nominee Mitt Romney to fully endorsing him, and explaining that she now sees President Obama’s ‘glass jaw’ exposed. Speaking to Fox News’ Uma Pemmaraju, she added a reason for why the Tea Party can’t see his appeal: ‘they’re looking at who is going to go around bombastically demanding to see Obama’s birth certificate or calling him a Kenyan.’”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Flora Duh, every time I see your name I think of this. Thats a good thing BTW :)

tom daschle concerned on December 17, 2011 at 11:48 PM

LOL thanks, had never heard that one before. I think this has to be my favorite Florida related video.

Flora Duh on December 18, 2011 at 12:02 AM

That takes the fun right out of it for me. I’m still voting for whoever wins the primary.

Kataklysmic on December 17, 2011 at 11:55 PM

I agree..I will vote for whoever wins the GOP Primary..Buckley rule will come into play..:)

PS..I was just thinking we sem to be approaching the same plateau we had in 2008..:)

Dire Straits on December 18, 2011 at 12:02 AM

No I will be voting for Obama but if a Republican were to win I would hope it is Romney than a right wing tea party nut who still believes the country should be run like the 1800′s

liberal4life on December 17, 2011 at 10:58 PM

Well you’ll get your wish if he’s elected…sort of.

I’m not sure how ‘liberal’ he’ll actually be; most ‘liberals’ in Clowngress & the WH (current occupant included) are as much of a joke as their ‘conservative’ counterparts.

You’re right that Romney would throw the Tea Party overboard in a heartbeat. But that’s no guarantee that he’d actually do anything useful to the likes of you and me.

MelonCollie on December 18, 2011 at 12:03 AM

predator on December 18, 2011 at 12:00 AM

+ 100..I could not agree more..:)

Dire Straits on December 18, 2011 at 12:04 AM

I like Newt but let’s face it he will not win easily against Obama and he isn’t much more of a conservative than Romney. Why couldn’t Cain have just said I have made mistakes in my personal life in the past. My family and I have put it behind us and it is time I got back to campaigning. Rather than just acting like a deer in the headlights.

ArthurMachado on December 18, 2011 at 12:04 AM

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on December 17, 2011 at 11:35 PM
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
THANKS!It’s something I have to work on.
I have 3 kids…one moved home from college last year (working-bu can’t find real work)and 2 just came home from Michigan State for Christmas break. As children, they never had pacifiers…but every time I see them…they have a laptop in front of their face.
I’d ask them to go over this with me…but you get …that you know look…like I had a Gardasil vaccination….that caused a lobotomy!

KOOLAID2 on December 18, 2011 at 12:06 AM

+ 100..I could not agree more..:)

Dire Straits on December 18, 2011 at 12:04 AM

Hey buddy! How ya doin’!

Liaison wins the Cash Call Futurity at Hollywood Park today. The first race of the Derby Trail. It begins. *rubs hands vigorously in anticipation*

predator on December 18, 2011 at 12:09 AM

MelonCollie on December 18, 2011 at 12:03 AM

Yeah… he’s above us. The notion of “individual sovereignty” has never occurred to him, and he certainly wouldn’t tolerate have us in the cheap seats insist upon it.

Next to Obama, Romney scares me most. If aloof were a race, those two would be Olympian caliber.

beatcanvas on December 18, 2011 at 12:09 AM

Gallop saying Gingrich leads nationally. $20 million was just donated to a pro newt pac, depending what newt does with that could decide what happens after NH. I just dont like Romney. Dont want to vote for him.

Flapjackmaka on December 18, 2011 at 12:10 AM

Tea party Eric Holder is racist.

liberal4life on December 17, 2011 at 10:50 PM

Fixed it for you.

bw222 on December 18, 2011 at 12:11 AM

Sounds good..I ran out of Sham Wows and Slap Chops..:)

Dire Straits on December 17, 2011 at 11:50 PM

I’ve got some left over Oscar Buddy gear…

Gohawgs on December 18, 2011 at 12:11 AM

predator on December 18, 2011 at 12:00 AM

My husband will be on the ballot in March as a candidate for GOP committeeman. He’s made the acquaintance of the local Birchers /Ronulans(despite him not being one of them) and they’re likely to throw their support behind him in the committeeman race unless a ronulan runs. If that happens I’ll be voting against my husband-because if the ronulans like a candidate…that candidate is doing something wrong.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 18, 2011 at 12:13 AM

predator on December 18, 2011 at 12:09 AM

I can hardly wait for Derby season myself..:)

PS..Hello to you..:)

Dire Straits on December 18, 2011 at 12:13 AM

Hey, how come we weren’t invited?

@guypbenson Guy Benson
At the Townhall/HotAirGCPACGWashington Times Christmas party. #conservativesdrinking
30 minutes ago

Flora Duh on December 18, 2011 at 12:15 AM

(You get on most of the topics over the last year…there’s no back-down in you…no flipping and flopping like a couple of the candidates everybody is boning) (:>)

KOOLAID2 on December 17, 2011 at 11:30 PM

Thanks, I appreciate it. I sometimes wonder if anybody has noticed.

FloatingRock on December 18, 2011 at 12:16 AM

Flora Duh on December 18, 2011 at 12:02 AM

Oh, my, goodness!!! That video was HILARIOUS. Too bad the camera was on her and not the attendees.

tom daschle concerned on December 18, 2011 at 12:16 AM

I’ve got some left over Oscar Buddy gear…

Gohawgs on December 18, 2011 at 12:11 AM

We could have used it during the last “open” registration..:)

PS..Plus I must ask if KTMOL has approved these “items”??..:)

Dire Straits on December 18, 2011 at 12:16 AM

I couldn’t pull the lever for Paul.
Luckily-I won’t have to.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 17, 2011 at 11:58 PM

Yeah, you definitely won’t have to. I had always been intrigued by Paul’s fiscal policy but didn’t know a lot about his negatives other than he was an isolationist. Then I read Ed’s Paul post the other day. He is utterly unelectable. And hats off to Ed for being willing to drop a MOAB on him. I can only imagine what Ed’s inbox looked like that day.

Kataklysmic on December 18, 2011 at 12:17 AM

tom daschle concerned on December 18, 2011 at 12:16 AM

Yeah, she kind of leaves no doubt why Congress is so dysfunctional.

Flora Duh on December 18, 2011 at 12:19 AM

Dire Straits on December 18, 2011 at 12:16 AM

You can ask the rat killer but I won’t…

Gohawgs on December 18, 2011 at 12:20 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on December 18, 2011 at 12:13 AM

There are plenty of candidates other than Ron Paul that get the support of Ron Paul’s fans.

You are free to throw your husband under the bus because of your ignorance, but I’d suggest you look at your husband’s positions first.

aryeung on December 18, 2011 at 12:20 AM

So… any guesses as to what Ann Coulter is going to do to make money once this election is all said and done?

Punchenko on December 18, 2011 at 12:21 AM

KOOLAID2 on December 18, 2011 at 12:06 AM

I can relate. Son just graduated with a business degree and still working as an assistant manager at Outback and a daughter who is home on semister break from Central Michigan.

One thing our kids have to be realistic about is they will not likely have the career opportunities we did. Between companies outsourcing jobs and using more part time employees and contract employees so they don’t need to offer benefits, finding a good job is very difficult.

bw222 on December 18, 2011 at 12:22 AM

Punchenko on December 18, 2011 at 12:21 AM

Get her own show on MSNBC?

Flora Duh on December 18, 2011 at 12:22 AM

but I’d suggest you look at your husband’s positions first.

aryeung on December 18, 2011 at 12:20 AM

Well, alt?

Gohawgs on December 18, 2011 at 12:23 AM

Punchenko on December 18, 2011 at 12:21 AM

Sensitivity trainer to corportate America. She can coach all those alpha CEOs on how damaging bombast can be.

Kataklysmic on December 18, 2011 at 12:24 AM

Punchenko on December 18, 2011 at 12:21 AM

Maybe she could get a job at NRO.

aryeung on December 18, 2011 at 12:24 AM

Coulter has long been an elitist who plays a conservative on TV to sell books.

Besides, Ann turned the big 5-0 last week so she may be having issues.

bw222 on December 18, 2011 at 12:25 AM

Punchenko on December 18, 2011 at 12:21 AM

Sell books to suckers. It’s worked pretty well for her so far.

predator on December 18, 2011 at 12:26 AM

Well, alt?

Gohawgs on December 18, 2011 at 12:23 AM

Was I too strong? I just can’t imagine not supporting my spouse simply because someone I didn’t like (or know) supported him/her. That reasoning is just crazy and probably explains why we’re in the mess we’re in right now.

aryeung on December 18, 2011 at 12:26 AM

Sell books to suckers. It’s worked pretty well for her so far.

predator on December 18, 2011 at 12:26 AM

If I remember correctly, her books aren’t doing so well lately.

aryeung on December 18, 2011 at 12:27 AM

aryeung on December 18, 2011 at 12:26 AM

I was laughing and hit submit tooo soon… “know his positions”

Gohawgs on December 18, 2011 at 12:28 AM

Maybe she could get a job at NRO.

aryeung on December 18, 2011 at 12:24 AM

Perhaps. She might have to take Rich Lowry’s virginity to land a spot there.

Kataklysmic on December 18, 2011 at 12:24 AM

I’m liking it. I’m liking it.

Get her own show on MSNBC?

Flora Duh on December 18, 2011 at 12:22 AM

Yes! She did get some face time on Morning Joe. I think Mika might feel threatened having another man on set to bully her, though.

Punchenko on December 18, 2011 at 12:29 AM

If I remember correctly, her books aren’t doing so well lately.

aryeung on December 18, 2011 at 12:27 AM

Might be the reason for her bandwagon jumping…Trying to be relevant ala Kathleen Parker…

Gohawgs on December 18, 2011 at 12:29 AM

You can ask the rat killer but I won’t…

Gohawgs on December 18, 2011 at 12:20 AM

LOL..I hear you..:)

Dire Straits on December 18, 2011 at 12:29 AM

I was laughing and hit submit tooo soon… “know his positions”

Gohawgs on December 18, 2011 at 12:28 AM

There was no pun intended. Though, now that we went there, I doubt there will be many positions after that political ruckus.

aryeung on December 18, 2011 at 12:30 AM

OMG!
KOOLAID2 on December 17, 2011 at 11:48 PM

Do you use that as Oh My God ! or the way I use it? Obama Must Go!

Bmore on December 17, 2011 at 11:51 PM

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The first one!…if I referred to the second one…it would be SMG…sh!thead must go! (:>)

KOOLAID2 on December 18, 2011 at 12:30 AM

Perhaps. She might have to take Rich Lowry’s virginity to land a spot there.

Very bad mental image!

aryeung on December 18, 2011 at 12:31 AM

If I remember correctly, her books aren’t doing so well lately.

aryeung on December 18, 2011 at 12:27 AM

Haven’t seen any figs on her latest sales. I hope you are right. She has become an irrelevant insider to me.

I’m sick of elites–left and right.

predator on December 18, 2011 at 12:31 AM

Gohawgs on December 18, 2011 at 12:29 AM

Maybe she is jockeying for a column in the WSJ next to known Grande Dame Peggy Noonan? I could see Ann and Peggy gossiping about the men that never loved them together over a bowl of diet pills and cheap champagne.

Punchenko on December 18, 2011 at 12:32 AM

aryeung on December 18, 2011 at 12:20 AM

We’ve been married for 9 years and been a ‘couple’ for almost 15 years.
I’m well aware of his positions. we’re both Perry supporters-followed by Newt. We both wish jJindal had decided to run. The Ron Paul supporters in Lubbock are so effing batsnit crazy that the Chicago Ronulans are like Bibi Netanyahu by comparison. My husband refers to them as ‘outlanders’ and he believes that you can’t persuade people to lose their obsessions and think logically and rationally if you don’t engage them. I just as strongly believe that you can just partially judge the character of a person by the company they keep. My husband is a great guy-but I refuse to stain MY character by associating with trash like Ronulans and Birchers.
I’m also too free-spirited and independent to be a political wife…even if it is only at the very local level

annoyinglittletwerp on December 18, 2011 at 12:32 AM

ArthurMachado on December 18, 2011 at 12:04 AM

Good. Someone who hasn’t drank the Kool-Aid. In truth there’s very little difference between Romney and Gingrich. Newt just fakes it better with conservatives, like he does with his wives (e.g. his half-baked amnesty plan).

bw222 on December 18, 2011 at 12:33 AM

Very bad mental image!

aryeung on December 18, 2011 at 12:31 AM

You want a bad mental image? Try Michael Moore and Roseanne Barr doin’ the hot, sweaty monkey love. *eeeewwwww*

predator on December 18, 2011 at 12:34 AM

I don’t know whether to laugh at the ridiculousness of this. Or cry that this is what the respect for a United States President has been lowered to.

The Perfect Christmas Gift For Chris Matthews

Flora Duh on December 18, 2011 at 12:34 AM

Punchenko on December 18, 2011 at 12:29 AM

LMFAO. Punchenko, it is your civic duty to be on every thread.

Kataklysmic on December 18, 2011 at 12:35 AM

Sounds good..I ran out of Sham Wows and Slap Chops..:)

Dire Straits on December 17, 2011 at 11:50 PM

Don’t be hatin on the spokesman for SW & SC. They are quality products or else Tom Cruise & John Travolta & the rest of Vince’s Scientology Army will smite you, sir. :)

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on December 18, 2011 at 12:35 AM

Gohawgs on December 18, 2011 at 12:29 AM

Perhaps, but what do you say about the other so-called conservative champions?

aryeung on December 18, 2011 at 12:35 AM

predator on December 18, 2011 at 12:34 AM

See what living in Illinoiz has done to ya?…

Gohawgs on December 18, 2011 at 12:36 AM

Well, alt?

Gohawgs on December 18, 2011 at 12:23 AM

I don’t want to be a political wife.
One of those sweet little ‘stand-by-your-man’ GOP sweethearts I ain’t. I’m a spitfire.
I don’t think the local GOP is ready for that.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 18, 2011 at 12:36 AM

predator on December 18, 2011 at 12:34 AM

Now, that is a position I didn’t need to know about!

aryeung on December 18, 2011 at 12:37 AM

Flora Duh on December 18, 2011 at 12:34 AM

Hey, what do you know? It is even anatomically correct.

Kataklysmic on December 18, 2011 at 12:38 AM

Punchenko on December 18, 2011 at 12:32 AM

Actually, Noonan was married once and has a son. Coulter has a track record of romances with liberal losers.

Liberal4Life: If you like beanpole blondes with huge Adam’s apples ….

bw222 on December 18, 2011 at 12:39 AM

Perhaps, but what do you say about the other so-called conservative champions?

aryeung on December 18, 2011 at 12:35 AM

Who? baby Buckley, the Frumster, Brooksie, Peggy Noonan, Colin Powell? Oh, I’m sure they’ll advocate FOR and vote FOR the obamanation AGAIN in 2012…

Gohawgs on December 18, 2011 at 12:39 AM

See what living in Illinoiz has done to ya?…

Gohawgs on December 18, 2011 at 12:36 AM

Hey! Whaddaya mean! We lead the nation in convicted governors!
We’re relevant!

predator on December 18, 2011 at 12:39 AM

Hey, what do you know? It is even anatomically correct.

Kataklysmic on December 18, 2011 at 12:38 AM

That was my first thought too. No need to wonder why.

Flora Duh on December 18, 2011 at 12:40 AM

predator on December 18, 2011 at 12:39 AM

I think Gov. Testicular Fortitude’s sentence was too long.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 18, 2011 at 12:42 AM

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on December 18, 2011 at 12:35 AM

LOL..and to think I never watched/read Battlefield Earth..:)

Dire Straits on December 18, 2011 at 12:42 AM

We’ve been married for 9 years and been a ‘couple’ for almost 15 years.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 18, 2011 at 12:32 AM

If you don’t want to be married to such a man for fear of guilt by association, I suggest divorce.

aryeung on December 18, 2011 at 12:43 AM

Gohawgs on December 18, 2011 at 12:39 AM

Mark Steyn. Charles Krauthammer. George Will. Ann Coulter.

aryeung on December 18, 2011 at 12:44 AM

I don’t want to be a political wife.
I don’t think the local GOP is ready for that.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 18, 2011 at 12:36 AM

Texas takes good care of its politicians. Perry is making $92k while he is still governor. And, there’s another pension that kicks in when he is no longer governor.

Also, since the state has virtually no ethics laws, your husband can get as much “free stuff” as a CrOOK County Democrat.

bw222 on December 18, 2011 at 12:44 AM

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on December 17, 2011 at 11:35 PM
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
THANKS!It’s something I have to work on.

KOOLAID2 on December 18, 2011 at 12:06 AM

Oh my! You must have been quite the parent for your kids to want to be near you in their times of trouble. All best wishes and strength to you.

Gardasil vaccination=lobotomy? Haha! Nah. All of us act like that sometimes. It will get better… :)

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on December 18, 2011 at 12:44 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on December 18, 2011 at 12:32 AM

aryeung on December 18, 2011 at 12:43 AM

And on that note, I’m outta here.

Night folks.

Flora Duh on December 18, 2011 at 12:45 AM

Has anyone seen Omaha Conservative lately??..:)

Dire Straits on December 17, 2011 at 11:26 PM

The OC is also MIA.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 17, 2011 at 11:26 PM
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Baxter Greene and Omaha Conservative are going to have to come back…for all the trolls that got in…Why should you guys have all the fun?
I remember them at the beginning of the year chewing on Crr6? like she was beef jerky…and spitting her out!

KOOLAID2 on December 18, 2011 at 12:46 AM

I don’t want to be a political wife.
I don’t think the local GOP is ready for that.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 18, 2011 at 12:36 AM

Sometimes spitfires are precisely the women that stand by their man. Of course, I’m sure you’ll continue to look down on spousal loyalty.

Are you sure you’re a spitfire?

aryeung on December 18, 2011 at 12:46 AM

LadySmithCulchaVulcha… this is for you…

annoyinglittletwerp on December 18, 2011 at 12:47 AM

aryeung on December 18, 2011 at 12:46 AM

Yes…an autistic one.
It’s December. In the end I’ll probably do the Tammy Wynette thing.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 18, 2011 at 12:49 AM

I think Gov. Testicular Fortitude’s sentence was too long.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 18, 2011 at 12:42 AM

It was far too short. It should be passed on to more corrupt politicians.

predator on December 18, 2011 at 12:50 AM

Yes…an autistic one.
It’s December. In the end I’ll probably do the Tammy Wynette thing.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 18, 2011 at 12:49 AM

Do you have any other information you wish to share with us? Anything that would explain your lack of logic?

I know I’m being harsh here, but you’re missing the big picture – blame that on the autism, I suppose.

aryeung on December 18, 2011 at 12:51 AM

It was far too short. It should be passed on to more corrupt politicians.

predator on December 18, 2011 at 12:50 AM

Illinois: Our licenses plate are made PERSONALLY by our governors.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 18, 2011 at 12:55 AM

aryeung on December 18, 2011 at 12:51 AM

My husband understands how my mind works. I couldn’t care less weather you do or not.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 18, 2011 at 12:58 AM

KOOLAID2 on December 18, 2011 at 12:06 AM

Just caught this. “Real Work????” Check it & dig it…my son is one of the most degreed waiters in Hollywood. And yes I squint, Tivo, and rewind a zillion times to spot him in alleged movie & TV crowd scenes. Hahaa! Ain’t life a curveball? :)

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on December 18, 2011 at 12:59 AM

Speaking of Texas politicians, I wish Perry could have done better. He is basically in a less favorable position then Palin was contended to be in.

Flapjackmaka on December 18, 2011 at 1:00 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on December 18, 2011 at 12:58 AM

If that were the case, you wouldn’t use your autism as a crutch, as you did above. You do care.

Anyway, talk to your husband about his positions. You may be surprised.

aryeung on December 18, 2011 at 1:02 AM

Dire Straits

Good to see you – excellent post – I agree – It’s all good.

I think I covered everything, didn’t I?

Horace on December 18, 2011 at 1:02 AM

Anyway, talk to your husband about his positions. You may be surprised.
aryeung on December 18, 2011 at 1:02 AM

Hey everybody! Doctor Phil is here!

predator on December 18, 2011 at 1:04 AM

KOOLAID2 on December 18, 2011 at 12:46 AM

Those were the days..Good times..Come to think of it but I have not seen crr6 lately??..:)

PS..I noticed you said two of your children are Spartans..Any Wolverines in the family?..:)

Dire Straits on December 18, 2011 at 1:06 AM

I think I covered everything, didn’t I?

Horace on December 18, 2011 at 1:02 AM

No you are still missing Whatever!!..:)

Dire Straits on December 18, 2011 at 1:06 AM

Hey everybody! Doctor Phil is here!

predator on December 18, 2011 at 1:04 AM

I’m not bald and I’ve only been to Texas once.

aryeung on December 18, 2011 at 1:08 AM

Mark Steyn. Charles Krauthammer. George Will. Ann Coulter.

aryeung on December 18, 2011 at 12:44 AM

Mark Steyn remains among the best conservative political commentators of our time, and George Will is correct that if either Newt or Romney are the nominee it spells big trouble for the conservative movement.

FloatingRock on December 18, 2011 at 1:09 AM

Annoyinglittletwerp

Uh…that should be “whether,” not “weather.” Surprised that a person of such gigantic intellectual prowess could make such a stupid, silly mistake.

BTW – Are you Roman Catholic or Jewish this week? Hard to keep track.

Go, Rick, Go! Keep them doggies movin’!

Horace on December 18, 2011 at 1:09 AM

FloatingRock on December 18, 2011 at 1:09 AM

I don’t support Newt Gingrich, but I find it ironic the pile on he’s getting for simply being Newt Gingrich. Must we pave the way for Mitt Romney?

aryeung on December 18, 2011 at 1:10 AM

bw222 on December 18, 2011 at 12:33 AM

Exactly, And this is what bothers me most about Gingrich, If he can BS enough of the HA community that he is a real conservative, then he is in my book a bigger problem then Romney, As Rush said when Gingrich made the right wing comment, Romney knows the conservative position on all issues, he just doesn’t always hold that position, however Gingrich believes that what he thinks that’s the conservative position

OrthodoxJew on December 18, 2011 at 1:18 AM

LOL..and to think I never watched/read Battlefield Earth..:)

Dire Straits on December 18, 2011 at 12:42 AM

Vince says to tell you that L. Ron Hubbard will smite thee…with an E-meter and a Sham Wow until you reach the level of “Clear”. Harrumph!

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on December 18, 2011 at 1:25 AM

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on December 18, 2011 at 1:25 AM

LOL!!..:)

Dire Straits on December 18, 2011 at 1:30 AM

Must we pave the way for Mitt Romney?

aryeung on December 18, 2011 at 1:10 AM

Just because Newt isn’t the right man doesn’t mean it has to be Romney, in fact many of the reasons why Newt is no good are the same exact reasons that Romney is no good.

FloatingRock on December 18, 2011 at 1:33 AM

Anyway, talk to your husband about his positions. You may be surprised.
aryeung on December 18, 2011 at 1:02 AM

Hey everybody! Doctor Phil is here!

predator on December 18, 2011 at 1:04 AM

===================================================================
YES! And Doctor Phil should go and reincarnate himself!

KOOLAID2 on December 18, 2011 at 1:39 AM

there’s panic in the conservative ranks because of what barry has managed to ‘get away with’…and we have to change the direction of the country before its too late.

but he’s gotten away with things because of the political class…who will work mightily against any R. VDH pretty much nails the situation is his column. The problem isn’t with the conservatives (or even so much with the Rs)…the problem is with the media, the machine, the graft, the corruption..and, probably, the country:

Read Plato’s Ion on the difference between gifted rhapsody and wisdom — and Socrates’ warning about easily conflating the two. It need not have been so. At any point in a long career, Obama the rhapsode could have shunned the easy way, stuck his head in a book, and earned rather than charmed those (for whom he had contempt) for his rewards. Clinton was a browser with a near photographic memory who had pretensions of deeply-read wonkery; but he nonetheless browsed. Obama seems never to have done that. He liked the vague idea of Obamacare, outsourced the details to the Democratic Congress, applied his Chicago protocols to getting it passed, and worried little what was actually in the bill. We were to think that the obsessions with the NBA, the NCAA final four, the golfing tics, etc., were all respites from exhausting labors of the mind rather than in fact the presidency respites from all the former.

in VDHs long column he chronicles barry’s rise…and (IMO) implicit is the sad story of a country gone awry

r keller on December 18, 2011 at 1:47 AM

Hey noob posters, please don’t pile on Twerp here. Many of us late in the night QOTD commenters are quite fond of her.

Just sayin’

karenhasfreedom on December 18, 2011 at 1:48 AM

FloatingRock on December 18, 2011 at 1:33 AM

Our best option is not in the race, unfortunately. Sigh.

karenhasfreedom on December 18, 2011 at 1:51 AM

Your only time in office gave just the opposite of what you speak above. What you do is what you believe.

chemman on December 18, 2011 at 1:56 AM

I just read an article over at townhall that I clicked on from the hot gas home page here. Here is the money quote:

That is really the crux of the election debate in 2012. Do you want a nanny state that takes care of everything, decides for you, and directs you-and will cause the country to continue going down the path of a death spiral of debt? Or do you want to dismantle the albatross and return sovereignty to private individuals that are all trying to maximize their gains. The act of millions of us trying to make life better for ourselves individually will translate into more production and raise the standard of living for us all.

Rather than bicker about which if the lame candidates we have left in the primary, we need to focus the narrative of this election on this point, exactly.

We are at the crossroads and this election will determine which road we choose as a nation. God help us all.

The article can be found here:

karenhasfreedom on December 18, 2011 at 2:03 AM

Just sayin’

karenhasfreedom on December 18, 2011 at 1:48 AM

I heartily agree Karen – I am a noob, but have been lurking for years and ALT is one of my favorites. The thread just lacks a little something without her :-)

DoubleClutchin on December 18, 2011 at 2:06 AM

Drudge has Newt’s Supreme Court comments as a headline:

BOLD: Gingrich says he’d defy Supreme Court rulings he opposed…

Newt just lost a shtload of independents.

haner on December 18, 2011 at 2:10 AM

“But the former House speaker demurred when asked whether President Obama could ignore a high court ruling next year if it declared unconstitutional the new healthcare law and its mandate that all Americans have health insurance by 2014. Gingrich said presidents can ignore court rulings only in ‘extraordinary’ situations.”

What a joke.

haner on December 18, 2011 at 2:12 AM

The 2008 campaign and the 2011 campaign bring to mind an old saying…

“The more things “Change”, the more they stay the same”

Our founders would be disgusted….

katy on December 18, 2011 at 2:16 AM

Dire Straits on December 18, 2011 at 1:06 AM
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Oh lordy, there are no Wolverines in this house.
The old man here cheers for them in sports though, since they are a team from Michigan. Like politics!…I’m going to go with whoever ends up being our nominee. I will hold my nose and vote for whoever
we end up with, establishment pick or not. Nothing can be as bad as the big TURD we have in there now.
My kids…my kids hate that “other” school. When they refer to the students there as AA’s…they are not referring to Alcoholics Anonymous…it is Arrogant A$$holes…They treat Wolverine fans like we treat other posters candidates on Hot Air…Bone Bachmann…Cuckhold Cain…Ma$terba!t Mitt…Neuter Newt…Pi$$ on Perry…Sh!t with Sarah…they just are a little more juvenile with the college thing…cuz they are younger. I see potential Hot Air fans there though! (:>)

KOOLAID2 on December 18, 2011 at 2:19 AM

Just sayin’

karenhasfreedom on December 18, 2011 at 1:48 AM

DoubleClutchin on December 18, 2011 at 2:06 AM

Fond or not, twirp stirs it up and twirp can handle the after math without everyone cleaning up her mess. She’s thrives on it feeding her only encourages her.
Her moniker should be your first clue. She’s smarter than you think…suckers!!

katy on December 18, 2011 at 2:20 AM

“Newt Gingrich says as president he would ignore Supreme Court decisions that conflicted with his powers as commander in chief”

“Gingrich said presidents can ignore court rulings only in ‘extraordinary’ situations.”

Who would decide what the extraordinary situations were….

He should just change his name to Kingrich. He knows he wants to.

DoubleClutchin on December 18, 2011 at 2:21 AM