Quotes of the day

posted at 9:15 pm on December 17, 2011 by Allahpundit

“So is it probable that Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich, currently at each other throats providing colorful sound bites for Team Obama’s future campaign commercials, could eventually join forces, help unite the Republican Party and become the GOP ticket in 2012?

“Is this the best ticket to lead a nation that is trying to “right” itself and stop the trends toward national and global decline?

“Their skill sets and personalities could not be more different, but they could blend together and become a formidable force of constructive change.

“Both Romney and Gingrich are experienced, qualified to be president and for a divided party, represent the marriage of the establishment and conservative wings, something that is necessary if the GOP is to survive in its present form.”

***

“‘I think Tea Partiers may have listened to the first debate where we discussed the speaker’s compensation from Freddie Mac, for instance. And he said, I think he said that he got $300,000 from Freddie Mac and it was to work as an historian. And as time has gone on we find out it’s $1.6 million and he worked as a spokesman for, in providing support for Freddie Mac,’ Romney said. ‘I think as tea partiers concentrate on that for instance, they’ll say, wow, this really isn’t the guy that would represent our views.’

“The tea party, Romney said, is ‘anxious to have people who are outside Washington coming in to change Washington, as opposed to people who stayed in Washington for 30 years.’

“‘And I believe on the issues, as well, that I line up with a smaller government, a less intrusive government, regulations being pared back, holding down the tax rates of the American people, maintaining a strong defense, and so many Tea Party folks are going to find me, I believe to be the ideal candidate,’ Romney said. ‘I sure hope so.’”

***

“Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich held a conference call for Iowans this morning to fight back against attacks on his campaign and to ask to for caucus volunteers. Gingrich is not campaigning in Iowa this weekend and reportedly took time off the trail for private events…

“‘I saw an article that said there’s been so many negative mailings, so many different hit pieces and so many negative ads that we just decided that we would [hold the calls] from now to the caucus on a regular basis,’ Gingrich said…

“Gingrich went on to refute what he called attacks on his conservative record. Gingrich previously said he had balanced the budget all four years as speaker of the House, but as several fact-checking organizations pointed out, he was only responsible for two of those years and could not take credit for the years after he resigned. Today, Gingrich changed the tone of his campaign line, saying he led the efforts.”

***

Via the Examiner.

***

“[O]nce every three-quarters of a century or so, the delegates to an American political convention deliberate, and their deliberations produce a notable and impressive outcome. It could happen again in 2012. It could fall to the Republican delegates convening in Tampa, after they have cast their committed first ballot vote and failed to produce a majority for any candidate, to act as a real deliberative convention. It could fall to them to use their judgment to select the best possible nominee for their party and the best possible president for their country…

“It could happen because it’s quite possible no one will emerge from the January primaries with a commanding lead in the delegate count, or a compelling surge in popular support. Four or more of the existing candidates could then continue to split votes—and delegates—through February and March. It would be even more likely to happen if someone new were to respond to a draft and enter the race belatedly, announcing his entry as early as mid-January or as late as early March—missing some primaries, to be sure, but getting on lots of ballots and getting lots of votes in April, May, and June. In any case, it might well happen that no candidate will have a majority of pledged delegates when Republicans enter the doors of the St. Pete Times Forum in Tampa in late August…

“It’s a new political era. Perhaps that era will feature once again a real, deliberative convention—where the delegates, with the ghosts of Lincoln and FDR looking on, choose, on a second or third or fourth ballot, a compelling nominee and a consequential president.”

***

“‘I’m not holding out hope, but I do think it’s a remote possibility,’ Brooks said of a [Jeb] Bush candidacy. ‘I do think the Republican Party is not going to nominate Newt Gingrich. If he emerges from the primaries, the early primaries as the front-runner, someone’s going to step in.’”

***

“One of the biggest risks of making a bold prediction and later having to walk it back is that it takes several episodes of confrontation to live it down. This is probably the third or fourth appearance in which Ann Coulter has tried to explain how she went from predicting a sure loss for Republicans under nominee Mitt Romney to fully endorsing him, and explaining that she now sees President Obama’s ‘glass jaw’ exposed. Speaking to Fox News’ Uma Pemmaraju, she added a reason for why the Tea Party can’t see his appeal: ‘they’re looking at who is going to go around bombastically demanding to see Obama’s birth certificate or calling him a Kenyan.’”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Reminds me of GHW Bush calling Reagan’s tax cut plan “voodoo economics” & then becoming Reagan’s VP.

itsnotaboutme on December 17, 2011 at 11:00 PM

KOOLAID2 on December 17, 2011 at 10:56 PM

If you want to do a ‘quote’ or ‘strong’ in your comment just select the text in the editing window and press the appropriate button and you’re done. It’s pretty quick and easy if you do it right and don’t get too fancy.

FloatingRock on December 17, 2011 at 11:00 PM

KOOLAID2 on December 17, 2011 at 10:56 PM

Flora Duh is more like another KTMOL.
That’s a GOOD thing.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 17, 2011 at 11:01 PM

I think we got another Cindy Mumford…with Flora Duh….

KOOLAID2 on December 17, 2011 at 10:56 PM

Thank you, I consider that a great compliment.

Flora Duh on December 17, 2011 at 11:01 PM

No I will be voting for Obama but if a Republican were to win I would hope it is Romney than a right wing tea party nut who still believes the country should be run like the 1800′s

liberal4life on December 17, 2011 at 10:58 PM

Back when people took care of themselves and didn’t have this freebee mentality.
I’m with you….
I want my Bentley!!!! STAT!!!

Electrongod on December 17, 2011 at 11:02 PM

liberal4life on December 17, 2011 at 10:58 PM

Exhibit A.

bazil9 on December 17, 2011 at 11:03 PM

Flora Duh is more like another KTMOL.
That’s a GOOD thing.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 17, 2011 at 11:01 PM

Ah geez, you guys are making me blush.

Nice to see you ALT.

Flora Duh on December 17, 2011 at 11:03 PM

liberalClueless4life on December 17, 2011 at 10:58 PM
FIFY

annoyinglittletwerp on December 17, 2011 at 11:04 PM

Bob Dole endorsing ROmney?

I say gingrich > romney

Flapjackmaka on December 17, 2011 at 11:04 PM

Flora Duh

I am Flor duh too. welcome.

bazil9 on December 17, 2011 at 11:04 PM

liberal4life on December 17, 2011 at 10:58 PM

I hope you Romney devotees see this. The opposition wants Mitt. Because he’s more “reasonable” or whatever. This is proof that they want our nominee to be the one they think they can roll easily.

They want someone they can manipulate. Someone they can convince to “get along” with them. Which is another way of saying do things their way. Beware.

And hi’ya twerp! *waves vigorously*

predator on December 17, 2011 at 11:05 PM

Flora Duh on December 17, 2011 at 11:03 PM

Listening to the debate-since the ‘Net was down until yesterday morning. I’m supposed to be doing the dishes.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 17, 2011 at 11:05 PM

Vote for the candidate most hated by RINOs and libtards. It MUST be good for America (that is all of us who work and pay taxes).

Roy Rogers on December 17, 2011 at 11:06 PM

predator on December 17, 2011 at 11:05 PM

Twitches a spine.
*I’m a stonefish*

annoyinglittletwerp on December 17, 2011 at 11:07 PM

I am Flor duh too. welcome.

bazil9 on December 17, 2011 at 11:04 PM

Thank you for the welcome.

Flora Duh on December 17, 2011 at 11:07 PM

Flora Duh on December 17, 2011 at 11:07 PM

We gotta stick together :) Like the Texans LOL

bazil9 on December 17, 2011 at 11:10 PM

Twitches a spine.
*I’m a stonefish*
annoyinglittletwerp on December 17, 2011 at 11:07 PM

You seem to change with the tides. I could never hope to keep up. :)

predator on December 17, 2011 at 11:10 PM

Tea party is racist.

liberal4life on December 17, 2011 at 10:50 PM

This is rich. The most vile, hateful racist rhetoric comes out time and again from the Left, but yet they turn around and project their dark not-so-secret hateful spew on those whom represent their greatest threat. Limited government is racist? When your class-warfare rhetoric and blatant tribalism is the only way to mobilize the Democrat Party? Any wonder why many of us consider liberalism a mental disease?

Or did you just forget your sarc tag?

John the Libertarian on December 17, 2011 at 11:12 PM

predator on December 17, 2011 at 11:10 PM

I could be a gray and white kitteh. One’s staring at me right now. kittens are like teenagers on steroids.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 17, 2011 at 11:12 PM

We gotta stick together :) Like the Texans LOL

bazil9 on December 17, 2011 at 11:10 PM

Citrus County. You?

Flora Duh on December 17, 2011 at 11:12 PM

Who do you vote for? Not your first second or third choice? I guess the bottem of the barrel. Newt or Mitt?

lisa fox on December 17, 2011 at 11:12 PM

You seem to change with the tides. I could never hope to keep up. :)

predator on December 17, 2011 at 11:10 PM

Sort of like Romney…

idesign on December 17, 2011 at 11:13 PM

Tea party is racist.

liberal4life on December 17, 2011 at 10:50 PM

I grew up a Jewish conservative in the Chicago South Suburbs….that’s Jesse Jackson/Nation of Islam Territory.
Gonna lecture me about what constitutes ‘racism’?
Try. It.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 17, 2011 at 11:15 PM

Luv the Newbees.
This LibWhileItLasts is a character.

Electrongod on December 17, 2011 at 11:15 PM

OT,
Has anyone seen HA commenter Baxter Greene?

tom daschle concerned on December 17, 2011 at 11:15 PM

Flora Duh

Seminole.

bazil9 on December 17, 2011 at 11:15 PM

Sort of like Romney…

idesign on December 17, 2011 at 11:13 PM

Credit where credit is due. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on December 17, 2011 at 11:16 PM

annoyinglittletwerp, Love You!!!!

lisa fox on December 17, 2011 at 11:16 PM

kittens are like teenagers on steroids.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 17, 2011 at 11:12 PM

At one time, I had 4 kittens teenagers living at home at the same time.

Flora Duh on December 17, 2011 at 11:16 PM

OT,
Has anyone seen HA commenter Baxter Greene?

tom daschle concerned on December 17, 2011 at 11:15 PM

Not recently.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 17, 2011 at 11:16 PM

canopfor on December 17, 2011 at 10:13 PM

Thanks Friend..:)

PS..Are you still pulling Grandson duty??..:)

Dire Straits on December 17, 2011 at 11:16 PM

liberal4life on December 17, 2011 at 10:58 PM

You can’t be serious.

tom daschle concerned on December 17, 2011 at 11:17 PM

OT,
Has anyone seen HA commenter Baxter Greene?

tom daschle concerned on December 17, 2011 at 11:15 PM

Not recently.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 17, 2011 at 11:16 PM

I miss his style of posts.

Electrongod on December 17, 2011 at 11:17 PM

predator on December 17, 2011 at 11:10 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on December 17, 2011 at 11:12 PM

Kittehs are cool. Although I’ve never owned one. I’ve always been a puppeh guy. In fact, my favorite predator is a lobo.

predator on December 17, 2011 at 11:18 PM

Did anyone else notice that Mitt and Newt are both leaning right in the photo – their right hands are considerably lower than their left hands. These guys don’t miss a thing.

Basilsbest on December 17, 2011 at 11:18 PM

Credit where credit is due. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on December 17, 2011 at 11:16 PM

I couldn’t resist..)

idesign on December 17, 2011 at 11:19 PM

Have a 19 yr old, just want to get him out of the house!!!!1

lisa fox on December 17, 2011 at 11:19 PM

Flora Duh on December 17, 2011 at 11:16 PM

I have 2 cats and one kitten…and one teenager. He lives with his dad-but he wants to attend Texas Tech next year as a freshman. I was just admitted to ‘Tech as a transfer student.
My major is medieval history. His will be military history.
Mommy and baby attending the same university.
Awww.
What?

annoyinglittletwerp on December 17, 2011 at 11:20 PM

John the Libertarian on December 17, 2011 at 10:44 PM

Thanks!..:)

PS..I consider you one of the best posters on HA..I strive to stay up with you..:)

Dire Straits on December 17, 2011 at 11:20 PM

karenhasfreedom on December 17, 2011 at 10:36 PM

You’ve got that exactly right.

Mirimichi on December 17, 2011 at 11:21 PM

What’s happened to HA…? I go away for a week and…Hello? Anybody home..?

d1carter on December 17, 2011 at 11:21 PM

Have a 19 yr old, just want to get him out of the house!!!!1

lisa fox on December 17, 2011 at 11:19 PM

Mine turns 18-wait for it…April…1st.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 17, 2011 at 11:22 PM

Have a 19 yr old, just want to get him out of the house!!!!1

lisa fox on December 17, 2011 at 11:19 PM

I also have a 19 Y/O, just trying to keep her in the house…
for now.
She’s an angel.

Electrongod on December 17, 2011 at 11:22 PM

What’s happened to HA…? I go away for a week and…Hello? Anybody home..?

d1carter on December 17, 2011 at 11:21 PM

If you’re not here the place just falls apart.
*grin*

annoyinglittletwerp on December 17, 2011 at 11:22 PM

canopfor on December 17, 2011 at 10:13 PM
What the Canuck are you drinking?…

Gohawgs on December 17, 2011 at 10:16 PM

Gohawgs:TEA,I’ve spent over a stink’n hour,trying to find Horace’s
comment to me,on my incoherent postings,ugh!:)

canopfor on December 17, 2011 at 11:23 PM

“I am going to teach them first of all about values and morals. But if they make a mistake, I don’t want them punished with a baby,”

GhoulAid on December 17, 2011 at 10:29 PM

it gets worse @ 4:44
but listen before it disappears
it is ghoulish

burrata on December 17, 2011 at 11:23 PM

I dunno d1.

I log into prison planet or Romney mania. Take your pick.

bazil9 on December 17, 2011 at 11:24 PM

Electrongod on December 17, 2011 at 11:22 PM

Mine is very much like his mother.
you can spin that ANY way you want. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on December 17, 2011 at 11:24 PM

Has anyone seen Omaha Conservative lately??..:)

Dire Straits on December 17, 2011 at 11:26 PM

Has anyone seen Omaha Conservative lately??..:)

Dire Straits on December 17, 2011 at 11:26 PM

The OC is also MIA.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 17, 2011 at 11:26 PM

you can spin that ANY way you want. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on December 17, 2011 at 11:24 PM

I think I understand.

Electrongod on December 17, 2011 at 11:26 PM

What’s happened to HA…? I go away for a week and…Hello? Anybody home..?

d1carter on December 17, 2011 at 11:21 PM

Two open registrations back to back..Everything has changed..:)

Dire Straits on December 17, 2011 at 11:27 PM

Have a 19 yr old, just want to get him out of the house!!!!1

lisa fox on December 17, 2011 at 11:19 PM

Finally got an empty nest, so me and the husband moved into a 1 bedroom house to enjoy our “golden years”.

Yeah right.

Thanks to the Boy King’s robust economy, one of my sons lost his job and has now moved back home.

Flora Duh on December 17, 2011 at 11:28 PM

The OC is also MIA.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 17, 2011 at 11:26 PM

I miss OC..I wish he would come back..:)

Dire Straits on December 17, 2011 at 11:29 PM

Two open registrations back to back..Everything has changed..:)

Dire Straits on December 17, 2011 at 11:27 PM

The new crop of trolls and Ronbots(but I repeat myself) are bottom of the barrel.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 17, 2011 at 11:29 PM

Two open registrations back to back..Everything has changed..:)

Dire Straits on December 17, 2011 at 11:27 PM

Yep, we must not have been providing enough traffic…we got to do better…

d1carter on December 17, 2011 at 11:30 PM

Floating Rock on December 17, 2011 at 11:00 PM
Thanks Bud…I’ll work on it.
(You get on most of the topics over the last year…there’s no back-down in you…no flipping and flopping like a couple of the candidates everybody is boning) (:>)

KOOLAID2 on December 17, 2011 at 11:30 PM

Tea party is racist.

liberal4life on December 17, 2011 at 10:50 PM

You cannot go to a 7-11 or Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian Accent.” – Joe Biden

Mahatma Gandhi “ran a gas station down in Saint Louis.” – Hillary Clinton

Obama is a “light-skinned” African American with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one. – Harry Reid

“You’d find these potentates from down in Africa, you know, rather than eating each other, they’d just come up and get a good square meal in Geneva.” – Fritz Hollings (D, S.C.)

“Is you their black-haired answer-mammy who be smart? Does they like how you shine their shoes, Condoleezza? Or the way you wash and park the whitey’s cars?” – radio host Neil Rogers

Blacks and Hispanics are “too busy eating watermelons and tacos” to learn how to read and write.” – Mike Wallace, CBS News.

“Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.” – Former Klansman and US Senator Robert Byrd

“I’ll have those n*ggers voting Democratic for the next 200 years.” – Lyndon B. Johnson

John the Libertarian on December 17, 2011 at 11:30 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on December 17, 2011 at 11:29 PM

I have noticed an uptick in Ronulans..:)

PS..Plus I have noticed a few troll candidates..:)

Dire Straits on December 17, 2011 at 11:31 PM

can i kick him out? His dad has babied him because its his only son, i have 3 others 1 died but they are nothing like him. I an tired! He is a good boy. into music, wants to make a career out of it and he is a really good song writer. But i want him to have a career to fall back on

lisa fox on December 17, 2011 at 11:32 PM

If you’re not here the place just falls apart.
*grin*

annoyinglittletwerp on December 17, 2011 at 11:22 PM

annoyinglittletwerp:I’m beginning to think,we’ve,er HotGas
has been Inflitrated by the Left,just in
time,for the up-coming election!

Yes,I know,Loony Talk…..!:)

canopfor on December 17, 2011 at 11:33 PM

Anyone get a look at this laugher..?

d1carter on December 17, 2011 at 11:34 PM

KOOLAID2 on December 17, 2011 at 10:56 PM

Howdy, fellow noobie KOOLAID2. Thanks to advice from merciful folks like Schadenfreude, tonight I cried, “Yippee!” when an attempt to link finally went right.

Want to stress a word like ‘stress‘? click emphasis at the front & back of the word (suspect the pros have shortcuts but hey, I’m paying forward from 1 week’s experience):) . Same process if you want to make a word or phrase strong.

If you’d like to put another poster’s quote in a box to separate it from your answer (I’m still a bit hit-or-miss on that, but here’s the simplicity basics…I think): Highlight the poster’s quote, copy it, hit ‘quote’ on the choices above. Paste the poster’s quote in this square, hit quote again.

As for linking…Hey, I only just got it right an hour or so ago. Still suspect the process involves Keebler Elves and not sure it could stand up to ‘scientific findings replicated or FAIL’ standards. Anyhoo, Happy Fortunes!

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on December 17, 2011 at 11:35 PM

FWIW

@ppppolls PublicPolicyPolling
The Sunday interviews are going to determine our leader in Iowa…very close between Romney and Paul. Newt likely down to 3rd
40 minutes ago

Flora Duh on December 17, 2011 at 11:35 PM

lisa fox on December 17, 2011 at 11:32 PM

When my son was born I had the maternal instistic of a gnat. His dad(a great guy and good friend) stepped up. It’s because of my ex that our son has grown-up to be a slightly eccentric…mensch.LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on December 17, 2011 at 11:35 PM

KOOLAID2 on December 17, 2011 at 10:56 PM

Flora Duh is more like another KTMOL.
That’s a GOOD thing.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 17, 2011 at 11:01 PM
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
oHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I’ve had a poster crush on you and katythemeanoldlady too….and you two surprise me once in a while when the claws come out!

KOOLAID2 on December 17, 2011 at 11:36 PM

Flora Duh on December 17, 2011 at 11:03 PM

I’ve been looking for a thread to say hi to you on. This one is perfect. I have a very fast mac with two cinema displays. The other day at open registration I’m typing stuff to catch the off guard new ones as they come in and I’m typing as fast as I can,I suck at typing, and I’m looking over at the monitor I use to watch comments refresh on. Just as I’m getting ready to hit the submit button I glance over and you have just posted the nearly word for word post I was about to make. Pretty funny I think so I delete and move on. A few minutes later I’m typing fast as I can get ready to hit submit, and you had done it again. I got up and just left the machine and walked away laughing. Kindred souls perhaps? Once yeah, but twice, I wasn’t about to go for the trifecta. Any way I just had to share that with. I have been saying this for years, so please don’t confuse me with that sometimes conservative comedian. I like the cut of you’re jib! Keep up the great work! P.S. We came in here on the same day also. Stop blushing you truly deserve the flattery. Just hope I posted fast enough for you to see this……

Bmore on December 17, 2011 at 11:36 PM

Dire Straits on December 17, 2011 at 11:31 PM

A LOT of Ronulans got in with this last ‘open’. He inhales and they need a cold shower.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 17, 2011 at 11:37 PM

Flora Duh on December 17, 2011 at 11:28 PM

I know exactly what you are talking about.
My Mother-in-law lost her job and then lost her home. I moved her into my home 600 miles from hers 2 years ago.
She’s still here…….
What can I say…..
I have to do it…
She doesn’t like to impose…
It is what it is….

Electrongod on December 17, 2011 at 11:37 PM

I have noticed an uptick in Ronulans..:)

PS..Plus I have noticed a few troll candidates..:)

Dire Straits on December 17, 2011 at 11:31 PM

True. There are some keepers among the newbies as well. The last time I saw OC was early Oct.

Kataklysmic on December 17, 2011 at 11:37 PM

Electrongod on December 17, 2011 at 11:37 PM

We were living with my M-i-L. After 2+ years…well it’s part of the reason why she’s in IL and were now in TX. I was needin’ to be Queen of the hive.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 17, 2011 at 11:40 PM

Bmore on December 17, 2011 at 11:36 PM

Well, you know what they say about great minds. LOL

Thank you for your post. It truly brought a smile to my face.

Flora Duh on December 17, 2011 at 11:41 PM

Slow QOTD tonight. Anyway. I think Paul will greatly underperform expectations in Iowa. The guy is a nut. Gingrich will probably win Iowa if he uses the money he got to campaign and ground game. Romney New Hampshire. South Carolina I dont think Haley’s endorsement is helpful to Romney. Actually I dont think endorsements matter at all.

Flapjackmaka on December 17, 2011 at 11:41 PM

Kataklysmic on December 17, 2011 at 11:37 PM

Definitely some very good posters in the two new pledge classes..:)

PS..That is probably about the last time I saw OC..:)

Dire Straits on December 17, 2011 at 11:42 PM

Anyone get a look at this laugher..?

d1carter on December 17, 2011 at 11:34 PM

There was a headline thread on it earlier. No surprise. Like lib4life above I expect every lib and lib leaning institution to carry Mitt’s jock for him.

Kataklysmic on December 17, 2011 at 11:43 PM

it is ghoulish

burrata on December 17, 2011 at 11:23 PM

THat is beyond ghoulish. How can a man with children of his own be so clinical and inhumane describing babies like that. And if he is so emotionally detached from that issue, how truly despicable and detached is he from every other aspect of morality?

tom daschle concerned on December 17, 2011 at 11:43 PM

Flapjackmaka on December 17, 2011 at 11:41 PM

I like Perry. I like Jindal. Jindal’s endorsement of Perry has meant…NOTHING>

annoyinglittletwerp on December 17, 2011 at 11:43 PM

I love my son but his schedule is not mine, stays up all nite and i try to tell him you can’t have all the lites on all nite and not pay anything for the electric bill. I Love Him, but he is getting on my last nerve!

lisa fox on December 17, 2011 at 11:44 PM

Flapjackmaka on December 17, 2011 at 11:41 PM

Mitt will have a tough time in the South.

predator on December 17, 2011 at 11:45 PM

Electrongod on December 17, 2011 at 11:37 PM

I’ve shared a home with my m-i-l before. She’s a great lady and we get along fine.

As long as we’re not living in the same home.

Flora Duh on December 17, 2011 at 11:45 PM

Kataklysmic on December 17, 2011 at 11:43 PM

After the Nikki Haley endorsement do we need to DO THIS??..:)

Dire Straits on December 17, 2011 at 11:47 PM

Flora Duh on December 17, 2011 at 11:41 PM

Yeah well I laughed myself silly, I love to laugh,the folks here discuss serious stuff. They also make me laugh. Great medicine. Plus I like the way you handled that fellow on one of the threads the other night. He was being very rude and vulgar. I’m sure I don’t need to mention his name. Good job.

Bmore on December 17, 2011 at 11:47 PM

Definitely some very good posters in the two new pledge classes..:)

PS..That is probably about the last time I saw OC..:)

Dire Straits on December 17, 2011 at 11:42 PM

Seems as if I have a few minions. Other than pay for counseling so that they may develop better discernment in their choice of role models…what does one do with minions?
Am I supposed to give ‘em milk and cookies or something?

annoyinglittletwerp on December 17, 2011 at 11:47 PM

Which is why you’ll rush to the polls to vote for him next November, right?

predator on December 17, 2011 at 10:55 PM

liberal4life on December 17, 2011 at 10:58 PM
——————————————————————

OMG!….Another one that was forced to have a Gardasil vaccination as a child!…….Look what it did to him!!!!It’s gotta stp!

KOOLAID2 on December 17, 2011 at 11:48 PM

Flora Duh, every time I see your name I think of this. Thats a good thing BTW :)

tom daschle concerned on December 17, 2011 at 11:48 PM

So I’m looking at that picture of Romney and Newt, and I’m thinking, “Newt needs to get a jacket that fits. He looks like I imagine Janet Napolitano would look in a suit. Except that Newt has bigger boobs.” Brrrrrrrr.

Splashman on December 17, 2011 at 11:49 PM

I think Rand Paul would be an obvious choice if there is a brokered convention. He brings together Ron Paul supporters, the Tea Party, and to some extent the establishment.

He’s an excellent debater and has no apparent skeletons in the closet nor a long past record to pick apart. He would be a favorite to beat Barack Obama.

ModerateMan on December 17, 2011 at 11:49 PM

Am I supposed to give ‘em milk and cookies or something?

annoyinglittletwerp on December 17, 2011 at 11:47 PM

Sounds good..I ran out of Sham Wows and Slap Chops..:)

Dire Straits on December 17, 2011 at 11:50 PM

liberal4life on December 17, 2011 at 10:58 PM

Because concepts of individual liberty, private property, and limited government are so passé. You and your ilk will never understand that collectivist/statist philosophies are incompatible with human nature and individual liberty. You’ll just keep blaming it on the fact that said philosophy was not administered correctly and then look for your next messiah.

Meat Fighter on December 17, 2011 at 11:51 PM

OMG!
KOOLAID2 on December 17, 2011 at 11:48 PM

Do you use that as Oh My God ! or the way I use it? Obama Must Go!

Bmore on December 17, 2011 at 11:51 PM

I would also like to add that a Rand Paul/Demint ticket would be sick.

ModerateMan on December 17, 2011 at 11:52 PM

ModerateMan on December 17, 2011 at 11:49 PM

I think the odds of a Brokered Convention are long..very long..IMHO..:)

Dire Straits on December 17, 2011 at 11:52 PM

ModerateMan on December 17, 2011 at 11:49 PM

…and he was elected last November.
That does not presidential material make.
My first choice-until he definitively refused to run-was Bobby Jindal.
Btw: Margaret Thatcher once said that if you insist on standing in the middle of the road- you risk getting run over by both sides.
something to think about, ‘moderateman’.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 17, 2011 at 11:53 PM

Newt was asked if he was paid 300K in 2007. He said “yes” it was true. There is no evidence that he was a “spokesman,” but how nice of Bachmann to set things up for this attack.

29Victor on December 17, 2011 at 11:53 PM

Bmore on December 17, 2011 at 11:47 PM

I don’t know how I would have gotten through the last 3 years if it were not for the guys and gals here at HA keeping me in stitches.

I think my favorite threads were the Little Anthony and his Imperial threads. I would laugh until I had to wipe tears away to see the monitor.

I had loathed that man since the first time I saw him speak, and it was so frustrating not to be able to join in on the fun.

But you know what? Now that he’s gone, I kinda miss not having him around to make fun of. IYKWIM

Flora Duh on December 17, 2011 at 11:55 PM

After the Nikki Haley endorsement do we need to DO THIS??..:)

Dire Straits on December 17, 2011 at 11:47 PM

I won’t do that unless Obama is leading our nominee by double digits in the general. I don’t care for Mitt that much, but I’m not going to go slash my wrists if he is the nominee either.

This is very shallow, but I will admit that every time I’m tempted to start giving him credit for something, someone I can’t stand will endorse him, or a bunch of his followers will remind everyone that unless you think he is the only one who can beat Obama you are an imbecile who should be burned at the stake. That takes the fun right out of it for me. I’m still voting for whoever wins the primary.

Kataklysmic on December 17, 2011 at 11:55 PM

As long as we’re not living in the same home.

Flora Duh on December 17, 2011 at 11:45 PM

I hear ya.
She keeps talking about her own place.
She has saved up her SS checks.
I think I will be asking the county for a temporary dwelling on our property…and install a trailer.

Electrongod on December 17, 2011 at 11:56 PM

Kataklysmic on December 17, 2011 at 11:55 PM

I couldn’t pull the lever for Paul.
Luckily-I won’t have to.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 17, 2011 at 11:58 PM

No sooner does Steyn call Gingrich a totalitarian and Gingrich proves him right. http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-gingrich-judges-20111217,0,1295899.story

“But the former House speaker demurred when asked whether President Obama could ignore a high court ruling next year if it declared unconstitutional the new healthcare law and its mandate that all Americans have health insurance by 2014. Gingrich said presidents can ignore court rulings only in “extraordinary” situations.”

Of course he “demurred” as he was just caught red handed being a want to be totalitarian. Obviously as President, Gingrich would decide what were “extraordinary” situations (note the plural) where he would do as he pleased. So why shouldn’t Obama too on what he deems a number of “extraordinary” situations? Do conservatives really want a dictator, or to replace one dictator with another one? It would seem that some ‘conservatives’ have gazed long into the abyss and now it is gazing back into them.

VorDaj on December 17, 2011 at 11:59 PM

I couldn’t pull the lever for Paul.
Luckily-I won’t have to.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 17, 2011 at 11:58 PM

Thank God for that. He’s a doddering old fool who would leave our only friend and ally in the ME to fend for themselves. He has some domestic policies that I like, but he is an international disaster.

predator on December 18, 2011 at 12:00 AM