Quotes of the day

posted at 9:15 pm on December 17, 2011 by Allahpundit

“So is it probable that Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich, currently at each other throats providing colorful sound bites for Team Obama’s future campaign commercials, could eventually join forces, help unite the Republican Party and become the GOP ticket in 2012?

“Is this the best ticket to lead a nation that is trying to “right” itself and stop the trends toward national and global decline?

“Their skill sets and personalities could not be more different, but they could blend together and become a formidable force of constructive change.

“Both Romney and Gingrich are experienced, qualified to be president and for a divided party, represent the marriage of the establishment and conservative wings, something that is necessary if the GOP is to survive in its present form.”

***

“‘I think Tea Partiers may have listened to the first debate where we discussed the speaker’s compensation from Freddie Mac, for instance. And he said, I think he said that he got $300,000 from Freddie Mac and it was to work as an historian. And as time has gone on we find out it’s $1.6 million and he worked as a spokesman for, in providing support for Freddie Mac,’ Romney said. ‘I think as tea partiers concentrate on that for instance, they’ll say, wow, this really isn’t the guy that would represent our views.’

“The tea party, Romney said, is ‘anxious to have people who are outside Washington coming in to change Washington, as opposed to people who stayed in Washington for 30 years.’

“‘And I believe on the issues, as well, that I line up with a smaller government, a less intrusive government, regulations being pared back, holding down the tax rates of the American people, maintaining a strong defense, and so many Tea Party folks are going to find me, I believe to be the ideal candidate,’ Romney said. ‘I sure hope so.’”

***

“Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich held a conference call for Iowans this morning to fight back against attacks on his campaign and to ask to for caucus volunteers. Gingrich is not campaigning in Iowa this weekend and reportedly took time off the trail for private events…

“‘I saw an article that said there’s been so many negative mailings, so many different hit pieces and so many negative ads that we just decided that we would [hold the calls] from now to the caucus on a regular basis,’ Gingrich said…

“Gingrich went on to refute what he called attacks on his conservative record. Gingrich previously said he had balanced the budget all four years as speaker of the House, but as several fact-checking organizations pointed out, he was only responsible for two of those years and could not take credit for the years after he resigned. Today, Gingrich changed the tone of his campaign line, saying he led the efforts.”

***

Via the Examiner.

***

“[O]nce every three-quarters of a century or so, the delegates to an American political convention deliberate, and their deliberations produce a notable and impressive outcome. It could happen again in 2012. It could fall to the Republican delegates convening in Tampa, after they have cast their committed first ballot vote and failed to produce a majority for any candidate, to act as a real deliberative convention. It could fall to them to use their judgment to select the best possible nominee for their party and the best possible president for their country…

“It could happen because it’s quite possible no one will emerge from the January primaries with a commanding lead in the delegate count, or a compelling surge in popular support. Four or more of the existing candidates could then continue to split votes—and delegates—through February and March. It would be even more likely to happen if someone new were to respond to a draft and enter the race belatedly, announcing his entry as early as mid-January or as late as early March—missing some primaries, to be sure, but getting on lots of ballots and getting lots of votes in April, May, and June. In any case, it might well happen that no candidate will have a majority of pledged delegates when Republicans enter the doors of the St. Pete Times Forum in Tampa in late August…

“It’s a new political era. Perhaps that era will feature once again a real, deliberative convention—where the delegates, with the ghosts of Lincoln and FDR looking on, choose, on a second or third or fourth ballot, a compelling nominee and a consequential president.”

***

“‘I’m not holding out hope, but I do think it’s a remote possibility,’ Brooks said of a [Jeb] Bush candidacy. ‘I do think the Republican Party is not going to nominate Newt Gingrich. If he emerges from the primaries, the early primaries as the front-runner, someone’s going to step in.’”

***

“One of the biggest risks of making a bold prediction and later having to walk it back is that it takes several episodes of confrontation to live it down. This is probably the third or fourth appearance in which Ann Coulter has tried to explain how she went from predicting a sure loss for Republicans under nominee Mitt Romney to fully endorsing him, and explaining that she now sees President Obama’s ‘glass jaw’ exposed. Speaking to Fox News’ Uma Pemmaraju, she added a reason for why the Tea Party can’t see his appeal: ‘they’re looking at who is going to go around bombastically demanding to see Obama’s birth certificate or calling him a Kenyan.’”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

The HotAir conundrum: Romney or Gingrich?

shawk on December 17, 2011 at 9:18 PM

HotAir the anti-everybody site./

RickB on December 17, 2011 at 9:20 PM

Does. Not. Compute.

fiatboomer on December 17, 2011 at 9:22 PM

If Ron Paul wins Iowa, it’ll be because of “crazy supporters” and what not “willing to vote in bad weather,” and other oddities.

If Romney or Gingrich win, it will be a valid result…..according to HotAir. LOL. So predictable. Wake up the collapsing FIAT economy, AP.

shawk on December 17, 2011 at 9:23 PM

shawk on December 17, 2011 at 9:23 PM

Watch what you say about Fiats, bub.

fiatboomer on December 17, 2011 at 9:26 PM

Romney is taller and better looking. The choice is clear.

RedRedRice on December 17, 2011 at 9:27 PM

Mr Romney , you do understand that when we say Washington
( DC, that is) , we mean it as a mindset and not as a physical geographical territory, right ?

burrata on December 17, 2011 at 9:27 PM

Where’s Jazz?

Electrongod on December 17, 2011 at 9:28 PM

The John Kerry of the republican party and Newt, that’s the ticket…

Brooks is once again a boob…

Coulter is striving to be relevant, ala Kathleen Parker…

Gohawgs on December 17, 2011 at 9:28 PM

Put a hat on ‘em….and they look like Laurel & Hardy!

KOOLAID2 on December 17, 2011 at 9:28 PM

So Ann Coulter – who parades herself as some kind of iconoclast – parleys the tired, conventional MSM/left-wing idea that the Tea Party is a bunch of racist yahoos, and that’s why we don’t cotton to her beloved Romney.

I’m starting to think she’s a phony, and kind of a creep.

BCrago66 on December 17, 2011 at 9:29 PM

I’m starting to think she’s a phony, and kind of a creep.

BCrago66 on December 17, 2011 at 9:29 PM

Hannity is always teasing her about her new boyfriend. Maybe the beau is a lib with a big hog leg.

predator on December 17, 2011 at 9:34 PM

Put a hat on ‘em….and they look like Laurel & Hardy!

KOOLAID2 on December 17, 2011 at 9:28 PM

Ha, But, can they dance?

Gohawgs on December 17, 2011 at 9:35 PM

Put a hat on ‘em….and they look like Laurel & Hardy!

KOOLAID2 on December 17, 2011 at 9:28 PM

LoL..Pretty funny..:)

Dire Straits on December 17, 2011 at 9:35 PM

In my opinion, there are 4 real conservative/limited gov’t candidates left: Perry, Paul, Bachman and Santorum. If you don’t get any of those, may as well vote for Obama and the death of the Republic.

shawk on December 17, 2011 at 9:35 PM

My god I do not want a Mitt-Newt or Newt-Mitt ticket. I can live with either one at the top, but if we’re destined to have one of these guys at the top (and I would still prefer Newt), I want someone inspiring as VP– DeMint. Jindal. Rubio. Kasich. West. Pence. Haley (I’m Anyone But Mitt, but no, it doesn’t diminish my opinion of Haley that she endorsed Mitt. )

Lawdawg86 on December 17, 2011 at 9:36 PM

Meh. I’m getting to the point where I don’t believe either can beat Obama. They both have much baggage. It shouldn’t be hard to unseat the president in my opinion, but I don’t believe either of these characters can. They both just suck!

mrscullen on December 17, 2011 at 9:36 PM

Ann is getting on my nerves, she was good at exposing liberal idiocy, king maker… not so much. She is basically using that smug hair flick that she used on liberals on us now. Is she so disconnected from the conservatives to the point her hubristic vitriol has reached darth vader mind control status?

I am for any tandem that will defeat the one. Sad to say.

RAGIN CAJUN on December 17, 2011 at 9:36 PM

shawk on December 17, 2011 at 9:36 PM

The HotAir conundrum: Romney or Gingrich?

shawk on December 17, 2011 at 9:18 PM

not a conundrum for me.

gerry-moderate republican-mittbot-glad someone else spelled conundrum

gerrym51 on December 17, 2011 at 9:37 PM

Santorum + miracle …please.

RBMN on December 17, 2011 at 9:37 PM

Haley wanting the VP spot? Be careful Haley, you know what they did to Palin!

mrscullen on December 17, 2011 at 9:38 PM

I like Mitt Romney’s ties and that is one of the many, many, many reasons he gets my vote.

I also like Mitt’s family and his many sons. We are going to need more families to choose our future Presidents from, and the Romney’s — God or whatever bless them — have at least FIVE potential future Presidents all in one clan! Roosevelt, Kennedy, Bush, Clinton, and now Romney. Glorious. It is absolutely glorious!

No wonder Mark Steyn, a subject of Queen Elizabeth II, likes the Romney’s so much — look at their grace, eloquence, and quite dignity that they all exhibit! They are charming and princely! I feel good knowing we have such a photogenic ruling class to look up to. :-)

Romney/Blue Blood ’12

Punchenko on December 17, 2011 at 9:39 PM

Romney/Huckabee

you heard it here

gerrym51 on December 17, 2011 at 9:40 PM

Kasich

Lawdawg86 on December 17, 2011 at 9:36 PM

There is a good name.

Punchenko on December 17, 2011 at 9:40 PM

Romney/Huckabee

you heard it here

gerrym51 on December 17, 2011 at 9:40 PM

Yes! Yes! A thousand times yes!

Punchenko on December 17, 2011 at 9:41 PM

So what are you saying Coulter ?
People shouldn’t vet a candidate for POTUS ?

burrata on December 17, 2011 at 9:41 PM

Go Perry!

John the Libertarian on December 17, 2011 at 9:43 PM

Punchenko on December 17, 2011 at 9:39 PM

Romney/Dynasty 2012

ES

English Springer on December 17, 2011 at 9:43 PM

shawk on December 17, 2011 at 9:35 PM

This stuff makes me laugh. It’s going to be a long, long pity party for some of you.

salem on December 17, 2011 at 9:43 PM

Punchenko on December 17, 2011 at 9:41 PM

Huckleberry hates Romney, resents his wealth, so that isn’t going to happen.

BCrago66 on December 17, 2011 at 9:44 PM

Go Perry!

John the Libertarian on December 17, 2011 at 9:43 PM

Hear!..Hear!..:)

Dire Straits on December 17, 2011 at 9:45 PM

Huckleberry hates Romney, resents his wealth, so that isn’t going to happen.

BCrago66 on December 17, 2011 at 9:44 PM

But he loves power. Huckabee will totally take it.

Punchenko on December 17, 2011 at 9:46 PM

Ann Coulter has jumped the shark, the dinsoar, and every animal on Noah’s Ark. and even though i love Newt’s smackdowns of Obama and the media, i have grown tired of him

just give me Perry now.

GhoulAid on December 17, 2011 at 9:46 PM

Romney is the Democrat candidate the left wishes Obama had been.

Roy Rogers on December 17, 2011 at 9:47 PM

Santorum Perry + miracle …please.

RBMN on December 17, 2011 at 9:37 PM

I like that one better.

JPeterman on December 17, 2011 at 9:49 PM

Romney/Huckabee

you heard it here

gerrym51 on December 17, 2011 at 9:40 PM

If Romney is the nominee, Romney-Jindal. You heard it here.

Lawdawg86 on December 17, 2011 at 9:49 PM

Huckleberry hates Romney, resents his wealth, so that isn’t going to happen.

they made up. did’t you see Mitt on Huckabee’s show. I was thinking they should get a room.

gerry-moderate republican-mittbot-huckbott

gerrym51 on December 17, 2011 at 9:51 PM

Jindal is an idiot, I know I am from Louisiana. He is very sketchy. He flip flop worse than Romney. Basically had no opinion on the Stelly tax plan, it goes on and on. He is an empty suit, hate to say it but Jindal is no conservative.

RAGIN CAJUN on December 17, 2011 at 9:55 PM

First, I smirked, then I said to myself “hope springs eternal”.

—————

Only 3 nights ago

Hannity concluded that he would support Gingrich over President Obama anyway, to which Coulter exclaimed, “I would support Jeffrey Dahmer against Obama!

Schadenfreude on December 17, 2011 at 9:55 PM

Yeppers, Ann Coulter loves her some Bachmann–re: Michele’s husband Marcus:

“I mean, if you can have gays who do not seem gay,” she continued, “why can’t you have heterosexuals who kind of seem gay?”

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on December 17, 2011 at 9:56 PM

Dire Straits on December 17, 2011 at 9:35 PM
Gohawgs on December 17, 2011 at 9:35 PM

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
And you are two of my many favorite veterans here.
Can’t wait while over time…the veterans start separating
the trolls from the herd…you guys do it with such an art form.
You are like cutting horses working a cattle herd.
I can’t do it….I just watch…it’s like a good movie!
Thanks!

KOOLAID2 on December 17, 2011 at 9:57 PM

Two worthless RINOs. Romney/Gingrich… these POS liars never met government program they didn’t like for the simple fact there’s so many they owe a payoff to.

And David Brooks needs to go down to Duarte square and get his a** kicked -severely- by a OWS loser or two before he opines another peep.

And Coulter… I don’t know what’s up with Coulter.

M240H on December 17, 2011 at 9:59 PM

KOOLAID2 on December 17, 2011 at 9:57 PM

Thanks but I’m not even a solid b plus poster..Gohawgs is a very good poster..In fact there are way too many to name..:)

Dire Straits on December 17, 2011 at 10:00 PM

Romney is the Democrat candidate the left wishes Obama had been.

Roy Rogers on December 17, 2011 at 9:47 PM

^^THIS^^

PatriotGal2257 on December 17, 2011 at 10:00 PM

Romney’s going to take Iowa, folks. It might be a blowout after the DMR endorsement. He wins the nomination, select Huckabee for a running mate, and beats Obama in landslide.

It’s. Going. To. Happen. :-)

Punchenko on December 17, 2011 at 10:05 PM

Can Newt afford a suitcoat that fits him properly? He looks like a doddering old fool.

tom daschle concerned on December 17, 2011 at 10:05 PM

Romney-Perry probably has the best shot against Barack-Sheriff Joe as far as the superficial attention span of the majority of the wishy-washy electorate goes.

Gingrich looks too much like a pompous old lecturer at a backwater college for the generally-uninformed voters to cotton to, either visually or stylistically.

But whoever the R candidate is, I’m voting AGAINST Obama.

profitsbeard on December 17, 2011 at 10:07 PM

===================================

No Sh*t Sherlock,(Sorry AP,it slipped me lips),but your right,
and I don’t know what combo wins out first!

The GOP Debate Infighting Friendly Fire Sniping,

The Ever-Helpful MSM Lefty Proxy Operatives Gotcha-Mission Ambushys

The YOUR LYING OUTRIGHT about the Facts and my Records

The GOP Debate Format Itself(especially earlier on debateys)
============================================================

So,I’m thinking,that the GOP Nominees,themselves,have almost
politically,ahem,k*lled off their own chances with this Never/
Ending Debateb Drama Story!(sarc).

The longer it gets drawn out,the more Lefty Red Meat gets thrown
out to the JournOlisters Hacks!

And,Hopey/Changey,has enjoyed a full-two months of Distractions
from the media,on the Gop Debate Debackles and infighting that
has dominated the news cycles!!

The GOP neeeds to Re-Target the Progressive Socialist Loony-Tiks,
and soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on December 17, 2011 at 10:09 PM

KOOLAID2

Thanx…

Gohawgs on December 17, 2011 at 10:12 PM

salem on December 17, 2011 at 9:43 PM

So you prefer Statist vs. Statist?

PS–great pseudonym, AP. Get it? Salem. As in Arthur Miller. As in Christians murder innocent witches in popular fiction. Har, har.

shawk on December 17, 2011 at 10:13 PM

profitsbeard on December 17, 2011 at 10:07 PM

I’m so looking forward to Perry-Biteme debate

burrata on December 17, 2011 at 10:13 PM

Dire Straits on December 17, 2011 at 10:00 PM

Dire Straits:Don’t change your style,that is comfortable to you!

As there seems to be some posters,that are whinning
about how some commenters structure their sentences
into a coherent meaning of,something…something!!:)

canopfor on December 17, 2011 at 10:13 PM

Punchenko on December 17, 2011 at 9:39 PM

I’ve had quite enough of political dynasties. The gene pool always gets watered down so that it eventually results in someone like Patrick Kennedy freaking out on the House floor about global warming.

Besides, I thought the United States was formed precisely because the founders didn’t want political dynasties of any kind.

PatriotGal2257 on December 17, 2011 at 10:14 PM

In case you haven’t seen this photo, you can see why the Liberal press is having a collective cow.

THIS photo strikes at the holy high altar of the Progressive religion…………murdering the unborn.

Remember, when Obama was in the Illinois Senate he supported letting babies born alive die with no medical care to try and save them even if they survived a botched abortion.

He must be defeated in November. There are tens of thousands of little Jubilees’ that have their lives depending on it.

PappyD61 on December 17, 2011 at 10:14 PM

It’s. Going. To. Happen. :-)

Punchenko on December 17, 2011 at 10:05 PM

Punch, its getting harder and harder to tell when you’re being sarcastic. But I hope thats what it is, because if you’ve switched over to Romney, all hope is lost.

Lawdawg86 on December 17, 2011 at 10:15 PM

Someone in the press should ask Mitt or Newt what they think of that picture of Jubilee.

PappyD61 on December 17, 2011 at 10:15 PM

canopfor on December 17, 2011 at 10:13 PM

What the Canuck are you drinking?…

Gohawgs on December 17, 2011 at 10:16 PM

Lawdawg86 on December 17, 2011 at 10:15 PM

I’m a pundit now. I make wild guesses, raise expectations, and watch miserable, miserable failure come to fruition. Afterwards, my intern comes out with a fresh cup of searing hot latte while I wait for my face time on Morning Joe to make some more awful, awful prediction. If I start downing white wine and prescription painkillers, you might as well call me Peggy Noonan.

Punchenko on December 17, 2011 at 10:19 PM

Boy the enlightened powers that be want this decided in a hurry don’t they…

Go Perry!

workingclass artist on December 17, 2011 at 10:19 PM

Mr Romney , you do understand that when we say Washington

burrata on December 17, 2011 at 9:27 PM

haha, no problem, with New you get both the Washington geography and its mindset :-).. you can’t ask for a better deal, really :-)…

jimver on December 17, 2011 at 10:21 PM

Punchenko on December 17, 2011 at 10:19 PM

If I see you on TV with a guy named Spitzer, I’m gonna start calling you Kathleen.

predator on December 17, 2011 at 10:21 PM

PappyD61 on December 17, 2011 at 10:14 PM

What exactly are you talking about? The baby wasn’t murdered, it was stillborn.

JPeterman on December 17, 2011 at 10:22 PM

Someone in the press should ask Mitt or Newt Obama what they think of that picture of Jubilee.

PappyD61 on December 17, 2011 at 10:15 PM

:-(

burrata on December 17, 2011 at 10:23 PM

Des Moines Register Endorsements:

2000: Al Gore
2004: John Kerry
2008: Barrack Obama
2012: Mitt Romney

I am convinced. Romney is a true conservative.

angryed on December 17, 2011 at 10:25 PM

NOPE. Not voting for Willard. I don’t care who his VP is.

angryed on December 17, 2011 at 10:26 PM

predator on December 17, 2011 at 9:34 PM

I’m not real sure, but it could be Bill Mahr. And that would help to explain her craziness these last few months.

Mirimichi on December 17, 2011 at 10:27 PM

HotAir the anti-everybody site./
RickB on December 17, 2011 at 9:20 PM

Heh. Or, a pro-everybody site.
Kinda like the glass half-full/half-empty thingee.

whatcat on December 17, 2011 at 10:28 PM

PappyD61 on December 17, 2011 at 10:15 PM
:-(

burrata on December 17, 2011 at 10:23 PM

“I am going to teach them first of all about values and morals. But if they make a mistake, I don’t want them punished with a baby,”

GhoulAid on December 17, 2011 at 10:29 PM

The HotAir conundrum: Romney or Gingrich?

shawk on December 17, 2011 at 9:18 PM

Father of Obamacare

vs.

Welfare Reform and 1997 Tax Reform

Tough choice.

angryed on December 17, 2011 at 10:29 PM

If Coulter really is trying to get Romney elected, someone in his camp should find an anorexia-sized muzzle for her. Calling Tea Partiers racist because they don’t support him isn’t going to get him elected.

Rational Thought on December 17, 2011 at 10:30 PM

That Uma Pemmaraju sure is a beautiful woman, isn’t she?

McDonell/Pence 2012

Flora Duh on December 17, 2011 at 10:31 PM

A Romney/Newt ticket would be the worst possible outcome, IMO, though Jeb/Crist would be similarly undesirable.

FloatingRock on December 17, 2011 at 10:31 PM

Mirimichi on December 17, 2011 at 10:27 PM

Could be. They are long time friends. *gag*

predator on December 17, 2011 at 10:34 PM

That Uma Pemmaraju sure is a beautiful woman, isn’t she?

McDonell/Pence 2012

Flora Duh on December 17, 2011 at 10:31 PM

Yes, ma’am she certainly is.

predator on December 17, 2011 at 10:35 PM

And to think, we had a thoroughly vetted potential candidate that the main stream press did NOT find any dirt on, inspite of 24,000 released emails. And this potential candidate had an organized army of volunteers waiting in the wings for the “go” signal, in all 50 states.

And to think the polls said 70% of the republicans didn’t want her to run. I wonder if that 70% is satisfied with the 3 front runners now? Romney/Gingrich/Paul.

This makes me laugh until my sides hurt. We deserve this because few stepped up to stop the unwarranted, unfounded smears.

karenhasfreedom on December 17, 2011 at 10:36 PM

E.J. Dionne and David Brooks hoping for Jon Huntsman and Jeb Bush. It just doesn’t get much better than that.

Somebody just shoot me now.

SlaveDog on December 17, 2011 at 10:36 PM

OT Houston Chronicle crossword clue 9 down: It’s always number one. Bishop doesn’t fit, what am I doing wrong.

RickB on December 17, 2011 at 10:38 PM

I think there are a lot of unenthusiastic Newt and Romney supporters out there and the cause is that times have changed and the Republican Party establishment hasn’t.

If people don’t like Romney/Newt or Jeb/Crist, how does Sarah/Rand grab you?

FloatingRock on December 17, 2011 at 10:38 PM

karenhasfreedom on December 17, 2011 at 10:36 PM

Yep.

predator on December 17, 2011 at 10:39 PM

Sarah/Rubio or Sarah/West grabs me better.

karenhasfreedom on December 17, 2011 at 10:40 PM

Father of Obamacare

vs.

Welfare Reform and 1997 Tax Reform plus blanket amnesty, gun control, Fairness Doctrine, admirer of Sharpton and Andy Stein, etc. etc. etc.

Tough choice.

angryed on December 17, 2011 at 10:29 PM

Modified it for you.

I’d say it’s pretty much pick your poison.

TxAnn56 on December 17, 2011 at 10:40 PM

If people would rather avoid unnecessary drama with brokered conventions and 3rd parties and the like, you could instead rally behind Bachmann, who seems to be most people’s second choice.

Otherwise never say never.

FloatingRock on December 17, 2011 at 10:41 PM

@HeyTammyBruce Tammy Bruce
Ugh. I like Bob Dole RT @DanRiehl RT @shushwalshe In an ad in tomorrow’s Des Moines Register, Bob Dole endorses Romney http://t.co/MglwazTZ
3 minutes ago

Flora Duh on December 17, 2011 at 10:41 PM

jimver on December 17, 2011 at 10:21 PM

I am betting that what Newt does with his Washington mindset will be much better than what Romney will do with his Washington mindset .

burrata on December 17, 2011 at 10:42 PM

Dire Straits on December 17, 2011 at 10:00 PM

Nonsense! You are an A-lister whether you like it or not!

And Gohawgs is up there too, but he has terrible taste in college football teams.

John the Libertarian on December 17, 2011 at 10:44 PM

Tough choice.

angryed on December 17, 2011 at 10:29 PM

Yeah, but I really hated Newt’s answer on GSEs.

John the Libertarian on December 17, 2011 at 10:45 PM

FloatingRock on December 17, 2011 at 10:41 PM

She is a very poor imitation of the real deal. She is such a Palin wannabe minime. She lacks the charisma and that “it” factor that just permeates from Palin herself.

karenhasfreedom on December 17, 2011 at 10:45 PM

That Uma Pemmaraju sure is a beautiful woman, isn’t she?

McDonell/Pence 2012

Flora Duh on December 17, 2011 at 10:31 PM

Yes, ma’am she certainly is.

predator on December 17, 2011 at 10:35 PM

Yes! Reminds me of my late cousin, Peaches. Beauty, intellect, grace. Very rare. :)

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on December 17, 2011 at 10:46 PM

John the Libertarian on December 17, 2011 at 10:44 PM

And I stuck up for you the other night…tsk, tsk

Still no Luck on winning a Heisman, eh?…

Gohawgs on December 17, 2011 at 10:47 PM

Ann Coulter is right. Tea party is racist. Romney is way too clean cut to be associated with that garbage of a movement

liberal4life on December 17, 2011 at 10:50 PM

Still no Luck on winning a Heisman, eh?…

Gohawgs on December 17, 2011 at 10:47 PM

Yeah I don’t about Griffin, but Luck petered out the last three games.

John the Libertarian on December 17, 2011 at 10:50 PM

karenhasfreedom on December 17, 2011 at 10:45 PM

I don’t know why people think she’s ever tried to imitate Palin, I think they’re both great on their own merit. Maybe it’s a woman thing…

FloatingRock on December 17, 2011 at 10:52 PM

liberal4life on December 17, 2011 at 10:50 PM

Doesn’t make it anymore true now, than it did when you said it in the earlier thread.

Flora Duh on December 17, 2011 at 10:53 PM

Romney is way too clean cut to be associated with that garbage of a movement

liberal4life on December 17, 2011 at 10:50 PM

Which is why you’ll rush to the polls to vote for him next November, right?

predator on December 17, 2011 at 10:55 PM

KOOLAID2 on December 17, 2011 at 9:57 PM

Dire Straits on December 17, 2011 at 10:00 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don’t sell yourself short bud! If you are a ‘b’ poster….I’m going to be a ‘z’….I’ll be in here being sarcastic and not wanting to debate anybody.
I consider my self a dumbphuck, when I look at the comments presented the last couple of years here. Besides, I can’t figure out anything but how to cut and paste…by the time I respond, and get back to what’s going on…I’m 2 pages behind!
I can tell I am going to like some of the new people that got in …like haner, ebrown, and I think we got another Cindy Mumford…with Flora Duh….along with a few others.
Now, with a second “come one…come all”….the trolls hit like an alien invasion. You veterans have your work cut out for you!

KOOLAID2 on December 17, 2011 at 10:56 PM

Which is why you’ll rush to the polls to vote for him next November, right?

predator on December 17, 2011 at 10:55 PM

No I will be voting for Obama but if a Republican were to win I would hope it is Romney than a right wing tea party nut who still believes the country should be run like the 1800′s

liberal4life on December 17, 2011 at 10:58 PM

liberal4life on December 17, 2011 at 10:50 PM

Oh, snap: “Romney Declares Himself ‘Ideal’ Tea Party Candidate

“And I believe on the issues, as well, that I line up with a smaller government, a less intrusive government, regulations being pared back, holding down the tax rates of the American people, maintaining a strong defense, and so many Tea Party folks are going to find me, I believe to be the ideal candidate,” Romney said. “I sure hope so.”

Rational Thought on December 17, 2011 at 10:58 PM