South Carolina Tea Party darling Nikki Haley endorses and records robocall for Mitt Romney

posted at 2:15 pm on December 16, 2011 by Tina Korbe

To Twitter cries of “RINO” and “sellout,” Tea-Party-elected South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley endorsed former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney for president today. In an appearance on Fox and Friends, Haley said she prizes Romney’s proven ability to “turn broken companies around.” She also suggested Romney is the most electable of the 2012 GOP presidential candidates:

“Today is the day that I’m throwing all of my support behind Mitt Romney for president,”Haley said on FOX & Friends.  ”What I want was someone who is not part of the chaos that is Washington. What I wanted was someone who knew what it was like to turn broken companies around.”

Haley also argued that Romney was the only candidate that could defeat President Barack Obama next fall.

“Governor Romney is the one candidate that President Obama insistently tries to hit and get out of the way,” Haley said from South Carolina. “That lets me know he’s scared of him.”

Haley — widely described with the likes of Paul Ryan, Marco Rubio, Kelly Ayotte and others as “a rising Republican star” — would likely be on any GOP candidate’s shortlist of potential vice presidential running mates. It’s plausible she endorsed Romney in the hopes of moving up in the party, as some top talkers, including Rush Limbaugh, have suggested. It’s also plausible Romney just called in a favor: He was one of Haley’s earliest backers, campaigning for her in what FoxNews.com calls “her historic bid to become the first Indian-American woman governor of the Palmetto State.” His PAC also donated money to her campaign effort.

But a less cynical explanation is plausible, too. Perhaps Haley — upon careful consideration of Newt Gingrich, who, at this point, must be admitted as the most likely candidate to be nominated if Romney is not — decided she wanted to use her considerable weight to do whatever she could to forestall Gingrich’s nomination. If that was the case, she was not necessarily selling out her Tea Party convictions.

A few weeks ago, when I weighed Gingrich against Romney, I tipped the balance in Gingrich’s favor with this sentiment: “Romney’s signature achievement was Romneycare, while Gingrich’s signature achievement was welfare reform.” But, last night, I had a thought that tipped the balance in Romney’s favor. Both Romney and Gingrich have betrayed conservatism. But Romney’s betrayals came in a liberal state surrounded by liberals. As he put it at the debate last night, it’s hard to sneak Republican judicial nominees past a board of Democrats. In contrast, at least a few of Gingrich’s betrayals came in a conservative Congress surrounded by conservatives. It’s possible to make the case that Romney is actually conservative at his core but was circumstantially forced into supporting liberal legislation, while Gingrich is actually more pro-big-government at his core but was circumstantially forced into supporting conservative legislation.

Perhaps that’s far-fetched — and it’s very hard to say for sure what either really believes. (What can I say? They’re both great politicians!) I say this not to endorse Romney myself — clearly, I’m still very undecided about all the candidates (and my views align most closely with the underdogs) — but to try to restore faith in Nikki Haley somewhat. She could actually have made the endorsement based on what she thinks will be best for the conservative movement. At least, that’s what I’d like to believe.

Update: CNN’s Peter Hamby reports Haley has also recorded a robocall to tout Romney.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6 7

Rich Lowry was a big fan of Newt Gingrich just 3 years ago and was encouraging him to run in a gushing post on The Corner.

Now National Review essentially has ordered us it can’t be Newt or we are doomed.

I don’t share this notion that Obama is unbeatable unless we nominate the moderate guy who rarely says anything.

Dr. Tesla on December 16, 2011 at 6:44 PM

Bachman gushed over Newt back in 2008. Now she’s pimping herself out for Romney.

Hard Right on December 16, 2011 at 6:45 PM

I meant to say National Review and the GOP machine would be touting Newt Gingrich, if Romney was not in the race.

Dr. Tesla on December 16, 2011 at 6:41 PM

Yes, and this comes as a surprise to you? Do you not realize that we have to judge the candidates in the context of what is available? In other words, you can pout all you want about wishing there were some imaginary perfect option, or you can look at the choices and make a judgement about who is the most conservative candidate with the best chance of WINNING a general election.

bluegill on December 16, 2011 at 6:45 PM

Maybe Nikki needs a cabinet position with those sagging poll numbers she is sporting? I’m supporting Mitt because he rewards his friends with spots at the DC trough. I’m personally hoping to get a spot next to Mark Steyn and Ann Coulter.

Punchenko on December 16, 2011 at 6:46 PM

jimver, he was saying being an executive doesn’t mean Romney is Conservative. I mean, it’s the part you quoted.

Hard Right on December 16, 2011 at 6:40 PM

…being an executive is an added value, that’s how I see it…and I should ad that I do not question Romney’s conservatism…that’s why the two coupled make a very appealing combination to my eyes…

jimver on December 16, 2011 at 6:47 PM

Govt spending in MA by year (billion)

2002: 23.2 billion
2006: 26.6 billion

WOW!! What a conservative!!

He increased spending by 15%. Talk about a fiscal hawk.

angryed on December 16, 2011 at 6:47 PM

Bluegill, we aren’t hoping for perfection nor are we demanding it. If that was the case Cain wouldn’t have had the lead and neither would Newt.

Hard Right on December 16, 2011 at 6:47 PM

Mitt Romney cares so much about this country and he dislikes Obama so much that he rarely says anything about Obama or politics in general outside of the debates.

What a leader. How’d did we get so lucky to have this guy has an option. He can manage things…oh boy.

Dr. Tesla on December 16, 2011 at 6:47 PM

I’ve really liking how Tina’s breaking down the case for Newt Romney.

Haleys endorsement was probably not thought out in the way Tina described. I don’t think politicians, even Tea Party darlings, do anything for free.

BoxHead1 on December 16, 2011 at 6:48 PM

jimver

Some of us feel you should be questioning his Conservatism. It’s clear we will not come to an agreement on this.

Hard Right on December 16, 2011 at 6:49 PM

Punchenko on December 16, 2011 at 6:46 PM

or maybe Nikki is just an incredibly smart woman who can spot a winner form a distance…this from someone who ran/was in a race before and who won, means a lot…

jimver on December 16, 2011 at 6:50 PM

Anybody who admits they don’t even question, even have logical doubts about Romney’s conservatism is telling you they are a hack.

I don’t see how any intelligent person can look at Romney’s record and think he’s a conservative.

I think Romney fans would be better off just promoting him as a moderate since he’s clearly running as one, and just tell us a moderate is what we need to beat Obama and get our country back on track. He’s a No Labels kind of guy. Why lie about it?

Oh, b/c you want him to win the nomination. :)

Dr. Tesla on December 16, 2011 at 6:50 PM

Haley only won by 3 or 4 points over the Democrat in South Carolina in the midterms in which Republicans won big. I don’t knnow if her endorsement means as much as some think.

Dr. Tesla on December 16, 2011 at 6:52 PM

Dr. Tesla on December 16, 2011 at 6:44 PM

How and when did you get it into your head that Gingrich was some great conservative? Are you familiar with his history?

And I think you don’t quite understand the arguments the National Review was making. One strong argument against Gingrich, as I see it, is that he would make it easy for the Obama campaign to make the election about GINGRICH and not about Obama’s record. Gingrich is a loose canon with all kinds of material to draw from to be used effectively by Dems in a general election. Gingrich was never very popular as Speaker, and he holds little appeal among those people who are needed to swing the election.

When Rick Perry first entered the race, I thought we might have another fine candidate to choose from. But he turned out to be a dud. And so did all the others who rose for short times. One candidate remained steady and consistent, always near the top of the polls, has performed very well throughout and never makes huge mistakes: Romney. Now, if there is someone else out there that we should be considering besides Romney, then let’s hear it. But I don’t want to end up with someone who comes off like a blustery slug like Gingrich because he’s the last jelly bean in the jar.

bluegill on December 16, 2011 at 6:54 PM

If Romney wasn’t a handsome man, I don’t think he’s even a contender. I think it’s a huge reason why so many women like him, and a lot of men as well. You throw in the fact he has, as far as we know, been faithful to his wife, and he has that mild mannered personality women tend to favor, and he has the female vote locked up and it has nothing to do with his beliefs. Most voters don’t vote on the issues as much as we like to think.

Dr. Tesla on December 16, 2011 at 6:55 PM

I think Newt is more Conservative than Romney. Do I trust either of them? Not very much.

Hard Right on December 16, 2011 at 6:55 PM

Hard Right on December 16, 2011 at 6:49 PM

I understand this. Do you question Newt’s conservatism?

jimver on December 16, 2011 at 6:56 PM

I understand this. Do you question Newt’s conservatism?

jimver

Yup. I am betting he will take the Conservative path more than Romney will. Could I be wrong? Absolutely. I don’t think I am tho.

Hard Right on December 16, 2011 at 6:57 PM

Dr. Tesla on December 16, 2011 at 6:52 PM

:-) of course not. if she endorsed Newt, it would be an entirely different story. we would hear what a great conservative woman she is, with a great political future ahead of her :-)…absolutely hilarious :-)

jimver on December 16, 2011 at 6:58 PM

bluegill,

Contract with America, welfare reform, and balanced budgets in the 1990s were all Newt Gingrich iniatives.

That’s why I think he’s a conservative, or at least used to be. That’s preferable to Romney, who I think is more of a businessman who will say whatever to get elected.

If Gingrich wins our nomination, it will be because he was Not Romney, and he will have more incentive to be true to conservatism than ROmney will, because Romney is the moderate candidate in our field. A vote for Romney will be a vote for moderation, and moderation has a funny way looking a lot like liberalism. Romney will get to decide what moderation is.

Dr. Tesla on December 16, 2011 at 6:58 PM

Another of my concerns about Romney is he’ll chase the polls and go squishy or worse on us.

Hard Right on December 16, 2011 at 6:59 PM

What is scary about Gingrich? I don’t understand this line of attack. Dr. Tesla on December 16, 2011 at 5:51 PM

Dr.Tesla, read THIS and THIS before embarrassing yourself any further.

I’ll check back in 30 minutes. We’ll see if you are a real doctor or a spin doctor. All of you uninformed people who still support Gingrich could also benefit from reading these articles.

Basilsbest on December 16, 2011 at 7:01 PM

jimver,

I seriously doubt you knew much about Haley until she endorsed Romney, and I suspect that if she didn’t endorse Romney but had endorsed somebody else, you would be ridiculing her, calling her a hick from South Carolina, etc.

I can use the same debate tricks against you. I’m a bright guy so I advise you come up with some better material. :)

Dr. Tesla on December 16, 2011 at 7:01 PM

When the Romney supporters can nuke all the arguments that Philip Klein made about Romney being to the left of McCain, I’ll take you more seriously.

I’m not advocating anybody vote for Gingrich. My point is that if Romney is ok, Gingrich has to be ok too. If ideology isn’t important, then don’t use it as a weapon against Gingrich while giving Romney a free pass.

I think my position is logical and reasonable.

Dr. Tesla on December 16, 2011 at 7:05 PM

Romney ,leadership by committee and the guy is also very weak supporting 2nd amendment! Nikki Haley is a RINO.

Sandybourne on December 16, 2011 at 7:05 PM

All those resigned to vote anybody but Obama will never move the Republican Party right. I, any many other tea partiers/conservatives would rather sit out then vote for another Bush (or a McCain, or a Gingrich or a Romney or a Huntsman or a Christie or a Pataki or a Graham or a Hatch or a………). My hope is that this country emerges, like a phoenix, after these clowns finish with their destruction (Republicans and Democrats alike). I’m so done voting for pseudo conservatives – a death by a thousand cuts – never again!

Are you insinuating that we should choose an ultra-conservative that cannot win leaving us with four more years of Obama? Hows does that move the republican party farther right? Has new jersey moved farther right after selecting Christine ODonnel and watching her crash and burn? I dont think so.

kmalkows on December 16, 2011 at 4:14 PM

Look, this isn’t hard. Imagine a pedulum that swings in one direction only. The only difference between the Bush/McCain/Gingrich/Romney/Huntsman/Christie/Pataki/Bloomburg/Whitman/Graham/Hatch-es of the world and the Clinton/Obama… is the speed of the swing. Those of you that want to continue this charade – have at it, but realize that game is done for many of us. And to be honest, they take you for granted because you will always take the lesser of two evils. When 70% of my earnings are confiscated by these thieves (federal/state income taxes, gas tax, phone tax, tolls, sales tax, property tax…..), I figure I’ve ceeded enough of my liberty. Entitlement reform is the only way back & none of these clowns are talking about cutting entitlements.

noeastern on December 16, 2011 at 7:05 PM

Hard Right on December 16, 2011 at 6:57 PM

so it all boils down to who is/will run the country more/less conservative, in our respective eyes…not that Newt is a paragon of conservatism…fair enough…we made our bets…

jimver on December 16, 2011 at 7:06 PM

That’s the only value I take from endorsements like this. A chance to see what the people who do actually know the candidates think about them. And then weigh that in with all other considerations.

But for people to be up in arms about anyone who endorses Romney as a sellout is a joke. Apparently these people’s judgement about Nikki Haley and the others “sellouts” who have endorsed Romney was wrong all along. If their judgement about these people was so bad, maybe they should re-evaluate their judgement skills.

I would suggest starting with how they’ve judged Romney…

gotsig on December 16, 2011 at 2:43 PM

Excellent advice…but I am afraid that there are many that because of (a) religious predjudice, or (b) simply the stubborn refusal to admit that they could POSSIBLY have been incorrect in their early assesment of Romney,will never open their minds to consider that so many of those who really know the man, find him to be a competent, conservative, sincere man who is trying to save this country from the road to ruin we are streaking down. They would rather see it all come down in flames, rather than admit that they were wrong.

jibjab75 on December 16, 2011 at 7:07 PM

Dr. Tesla on December 16, 2011 at 6:47 PM

Romney is such an astute businessman that his company Bain owed Bank of New England $38m when they went under. He negotiated with the FDIC for a loan writedown of $10m, which also added a savings of $4m in interest payments. Good for Bain and Romney. And the great thing is it’s not a $10m government bailout since the taxpayers didn’t take the loss. Only every bank that has to pay into FDIC paid for his loan reduction.

momoftxmomof3 on December 16, 2011 at 7:08 PM

How about this?: True for Romney not true for Newt.

I am SOOOOOOOH tired of the argument that {fill in the blank] “betrayed conservatism”. That Bush was a “Progressive” blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda Newt’s a RINO at heart blah blah blah Romney’s a Socialist nyah nyah nyah.

You know what betrays conservatism? Expecting 100% purity and ending up with a Marxist. You want to know what a progressive really looks like? Re-elect Obama.

Buy Danish on December 16, 2011 at 7:10 PM

jimver on December 16, 2011 at 6:50 PM

She just hitched her star to the most hated man in Republican politics. She endorsed a man who couldn’t even beat penniless John McCain — the same McCain who was reduced to carrying his own luggage through the airport. This is also the man that conservatives — including conservative media — flocked to in order to defeat McCain… AND HE STILL DIDN’T GRAB THE NOMINATION.

No, someone must have made an offer Nikki couldn’t refuse, or the Establishment put the screw to her. I’m thinking the former.

Punchenko on December 16, 2011 at 7:11 PM

haley is the brown

rik on December 16, 2011 at 7:11 PM

Haley won’t EVER get another vote from me in SC. She would not have won in SC had the tea party not supported her BIG TIME. What a sell out! Time for a third party! Her polling numbers are not good, and I predict they will be even worse after this. Tea partiers as a whole are not Romney supporters.

they lie on December 16, 2011 at 7:12 PM

They live in crazy town where nuking the town makes it easier to rebuild. Never mind that nothing gets done for 50 years and the generations that suffer under the effects. That is inconsequential to their ridiculous statement of “principles”.

csdeven on December 16, 2011 at 4:20 PM

“How can I turn my back on my faith? If I try and bend that far, I’ll break!” Tevye, Fiddler on the Roof

noeastern on December 16, 2011 at 7:12 PM

Haley is the new Brown

rik on December 16, 2011 at 7:13 PM

‘seriously doubt you knew much about Haley until she endorsed Romney, and I suspect that if she didn’t endorse Romney but had endorsed somebody else, you would be ridiculing her, calling her a hick from South Carolina, etc.

Dr. Tesla on December 16, 2011 at 7:01 PM

for someone who professes so much brightness of mind, you make a lot of assumptions about people (and in general, based on your comments on this thread, at least)…and you know what they say about people ho make assumptions…but will leave it at that…1) I did follow Nikki Halley throughout the past election cycle, she was one of my favorite candidates, though I am not a resident of her state, but I considered her (and still do) a star in the making, so you are wrong on that count, I am quite familiar with her political trajectory; 2) If she endorsed somebody else I would have been disappointed, but that would be all…but calling her names becuase he chose to endorse somebody else, out of question…besides, ‘ a hick from South Carolina’ would have never crossed my mind, wouldn’t fit very well her Indian background either :-) it would be as ridiculous as calling Bobby Jindal a ‘hick from Louisiana’ :)…there’s just something fundamentally wrong with that :-)

jimver on December 16, 2011 at 7:15 PM

Terrye has provided a link that explains Romneycare.

Y’all ought to read it. Thank you Terrye and keep trying to educate less well informed Republicans.

Basilsbest on December 16, 2011 at 7:18 PM

I had Rush on for a half hour toaday, he thinks the GOP establishment pushed her to do this, he went on to tell listeners how they work in DC, they tell them to vote this way, or they won’t get support in the next election.
This is reason #1 why there must be term limits on congress, 6 terms for a rep and two full terms for a senator, 12 years total for each and they are back to the private sector.

Term limits!

carolt2 on December 16, 2011 at 7:19 PM

If Mitten is the nominee or god forbid is president, conservatism is gone in this country. The GOP will become the Conservative Party in the UK. Just a weeee bit to the right than Labor, but still socialist.

Elections 2016 and on will mot be small govt. vs. big govt. They will be big govt run by one party vs. big govt run by the other party.

angryed on December 16, 2011 at 4:28 PM

Is this too hard a concept for the “conservatives” on this board to understand. A lot of you people need to watch “A Man for All Seasons” to regain your equilibrium. I think you have been too influenced by these half men that call themselves politicians and have forgotten how real men & women are suppose to act. Pragmatism is useful but not at the expense of core beliefs.

noeastern on December 16, 2011 at 7:20 PM

Wow, its like all the Republicans with IQ’s are for Mitt Romney. Wierd.

Oh, I mean except for Rush Limbaugh who never endorses anybody because his is a coward who refused to actually debate people on TV where he isnt protected by a call screener. The stupid fat druggie is on his 7th wife, right?

I love all these jackasses like Limbaugh and Levin who are oh so smart but would never run themselves because they prefer just making money telling dumb people how smart they are.

Jailbreak on December 16, 2011 at 7:29 PM

To be honest, I never thought I would support Gingrich, but the attacks on him by the Romney supporters like Ann Coulter and National Review have been so over the top and abrasive, I’ve developed a bit of sympathy for him.

How are these guys going to play it if he’s our nominee after they have savaged him so? I never see National Review get as worked up about Obama as they have Newt. You’d think Newt was Stalin. They like to see themselves as cool, calm and collected, but their anti-Newt editorial was firebrand and emotional. I wasn’t necessary and it just threw fuel onto an already contentious primary.

It’s amazing to me they have so many writers but not one of them seems to have much of anything positive to say about Newtie poo. They should at least run somebody from outside their publication’s perspective on Newt, to create an image they are trying to be balanced and fair. I think it’s kind of crazy how the entire publication seemed to settled on a moderate like Romney months ago. There does seem to be a lot of groupthink over there, or the “true conservatives” don’t want to get into it with their more moderate bosses.

Dr. Tesla on December 16, 2011 at 7:32 PM

noeastern on December 16, 2011 at 7:20 PM

nonsense….may I remind you that the Conservative Party in the UK through (my new hero) David Cameron was the only one in Europe who had the balls to stick it to the EU and say ‘thanks, but no thanks, we’re keeping our sovereignty and our fiscal policies and our pound’…so, when it comes to Britain’s interests (or, in this case, the City’s interests since that’s all they have left there, the financial services) leave it to the British Conservatives to save the day…wanna guess what would Gordon Brown or any other Labour idiot would have done in Cameron’s place? Yeah, it’s a rhetorical question even you know the answer to that…So, yeah, I’d take Cameron and his conservatism/conservative party any time of the day over ours here…he showed he had balls (and alas, in public EU meetings :-), and for that I commend him and his party!

jimver on December 16, 2011 at 7:34 PM

Wow, its like all the Republicans with IQ’s are for Mitt Romney. Wierd.

This guy is telling us he’s smarter than us. Read his words and ask yourself is this guy more intelligent than you? Or he is just a petty angry man.

If I was supporting ROmney, I’d be embarrassed that this guy was on my team.

Dr. Tesla on December 16, 2011 at 7:35 PM

You know Rush is the man when he rarely talks about Romney but the Romney fans are attacking him as though he’s the #1 Rommey hater in the country.

They can’t promote ROmney with a positive message so they have to drag everybody esle down, even El Rushbo, who has been one of the more objective conservatives this primary season, as he is evevery season.

The man even went to bat for McCain in 2008 after the primary was over. Why is Rush the problem?

Dr. Tesla on December 16, 2011 at 7:40 PM

noeastern on December 16, 2011 at 7:20 PM

and mind you, it’s utterly preposterous to call ‘socialist’ a party and a man who actually said ‘no’ to the EU socialist policies precisely to preserve the fiscal policies of Britain and their financial sector intact…in other words he refused to cave in and raise the capital tax gain on businesses, as the EU proposed, that would have hit The City hard…his stance was almost Churchillian, in my book at least….he’s isolated (and Britain) in the EU for now (or possibly on their way out), but in the long run he made the right decision for Britain….

jimver on December 16, 2011 at 7:40 PM

Watch what happens if Romney wins fool.

eatbeef on December 16, 2011 at 7:40 PM

I realize it’s a gamble, but we’ve playing it safe for so long has been what has gotten us where we are now — electing Republicans who simply slow down the rate of growth of government or even increase it and having a Republican party that is terrified of running real conservatives. And that’s a bad place to be.

29Victor on December 16, 2011 at 4:30 PM

Because of the TEA Party’s influence on America, I believe we can be patient. We can elect a guy like Romney and continue to elect TEA Party candidates to local, state, senate, and house seats. Eventually, we will have a TEA Party nominee that doesn’t have the baggage of a Romney or Gingrich and will be able to put together coherent sentances on a regular basis.

And as we become more popular, the dems, in some states, will start to move to the right just to survive. The vanished Blue Dog dems will reemerge once again.

csdeven on December 16, 2011 at 7:44 PM

Follow the money. Please spread the word, here is why Haley endoresed Romney. His Super PAC donated tons of money to Haley’s election.
FREE & STRONG AMERICA PAC
Leadership PACs HALEY, NIKKI BELMONT, MA

nancysabet on December 16, 2011 at 7:44 PM

csdeven on December 16, 2011 at 7:44 PM

Well, actually, Romney — since he doesn’t have long coattails — will most likely be working with a Democrat Senate and eventually a Democrat House in the next two years. I’m not complaining since I think Romney works best with Democrats and can really get his agenda through with Democrats (like he did in MA.) He will also appoint more moderate Supreme Court justices to the bench, like a David Souter, to keep the ideological balance in check and prevent any crazy repeal of Roe v. Wade.

Romney ’12

Punchenko on December 16, 2011 at 7:48 PM

To be honest,( what have you been up to now?) I never thought I would support Gingrich, but the attacks on him by the Romney supporters like Ann Coulter and National Review have been so over the top and abrasive, I’ve developed a bit of sympathy for him. (By that standard you ought to love Romney).

How are these guys going to play it if he’s our nominee after they have savaged him so? I never see National Review get as worked up about Obama as they have Newt. You’d think Newt was Stalin. (or a faux conservative whose nomination is Obama’s path to victory) They like to see themselves as cool, calm and collected, but their anti-Newt editorial was firebrand and emotional. I wasn’t necessary and it just threw fuel onto an already contentious primary.

It’s amazing to me they have so many writers but not one of them seems to have much of anything positive to say about Newtie poo. They should at least run somebody from outside their publication’s perspective on Newt, to create an image they are trying to be balanced and fair. (They tired to find a Congressman who worked with Newt to provide such a viewpoint. Alas without success) I think it’s kind of crazy how the entire publication seemed to settled on a moderate like Romney months ago. There does seem to be a lot of groupthink over there, or the “true conservatives” don’t want to get into it with their more moderate bosses. (nothing like the ant-Romney groupthink here) Dr. Tesla on December 16, 2011 at 7:32 PM

So Tesla did you read the links I provided in my 7:01PM comment?

Basilsbest on December 16, 2011 at 7:49 PM

Dr Tesla,

To the three generations of women in my family:

Romney = Clark Kent
Perry = Superman

I’ve met Romney. He is a handsome man. But there’s something about Perry. More authentic, genuine, wore the uniform. We love him here. If Perry gets another look, which I think he will, Romney would make a fine VP. That would be one good-looking ticket. And a real winner too. Think Reagan-Bush ’80.

monalisa on December 16, 2011 at 7:51 PM

This is all kind of silly. Mitt and Nikki have been close for years, she endorsed him in 2008, he endorsed and was an early funder of her campaign for governor and they both are still close. Anyone who didn’t see this coming or feels betrayed by it should really look in the mirror and determine if they are as well informed as they would like to be.

politicaljunkie2008 on December 16, 2011 at 7:54 PM

“But Romney’s betrayals came in a liberal state surrounded by liberals.”

In the White House, Romney would be surrounded by Beltway insiders, bureaucrats and the liberal press… comfortably insulated from tea party pressure and red state heat.

RightKlik on December 16, 2011 at 7:57 PM

Dr Tesla,

To the three generations of women in my family:

Romney = Clark Kent
Perry = Superman

Do I understand women or what? :)

I appreciate your honesty.

Dr. Tesla on December 16, 2011 at 8:04 PM

I’ll give Romney his due for his business success and his ability to acclimate himself to the popular position. But come on , this the same guy who had to be protected from some rapper dude by flight attendants while he cowered in his seat . Leader of the free world material? I think not. Sarah Palin would have kicked that dudes a$$.

rudee on December 16, 2011 at 8:08 PM

All the people dumping on Rush don’t know that Rush knows Romney personally and has said numerous times he is a nice man. A lot of people for whatever reason feel the need to trash conservative talk radio hosts, especially Limbaugh. It’s as though you can’t be a talk radio host and bright and a good guy all at the same time.

Dr. Tesla on December 16, 2011 at 8:08 PM

So Tesla did you read the links I provided in my 7:01PM comment?

Nah, I’ll need you to pay me to wade through all the negative posts about Gingrich. I dread even going to National Review now.

I’m not wed to Gingrich being our nominee…i just don’t think he’s the great Satan that so many do.

I do think he is our best debater and I was under the impression that was more important than anything else in a candidate. The pundits dropped that belief after it no longered favored Romney but Gingrich. :)

Dr. Tesla on December 16, 2011 at 8:14 PM

The thing about Romney, although he’s not all that exciting and annoyingly coy about his political beliefs, it’s hard to hate him as a person. I wish he was more conservative because his looks and background make him a good candidate. But ideology matters. He’s not applying to be CEO of a company where political philsophy does not matter. Dr. Tesla on December 16, 2011 at 8:08 PM

It sure does, but what matters even more is when someone pretends his ideology is something other than what it really is. Have you read any of the 3 links I provided or are you just going to continue to spout this uninformed nonsense? Newt is a faux conservative.

Basilsbest on December 16, 2011 at 8:16 PM

It’s not my job or duty to promote or defend Gingrich on every statement and position he took as a private citizen the last 15 years.

That’s his job, and he’s done pretty good at it, in my view. I think his website is excellent at explaining why he did what he did, and he’s thrown the idea of a mandate under the bus, as has Heritage. Romney still touts RomneyCare, but hides behind the states right argument. In my view, Romneycare is big government rather it’s done at the state level or the federal level. He set the stage for Obamacare. His ego won’t let him admit it was a disaster.

Dr. Tesla on December 16, 2011 at 8:18 PM

Basil,

My point has always been that if you contend Newt is faux conservative, how can you logically support Romney? I don’t apologize or try to hide Newti poo’s deviations from conservatism, or his big ego. He is what he is. Seems a lot better than Obama though.

Dr. Tesla on December 16, 2011 at 8:20 PM

OMG!!!!

Here is some video of Newt endorsing Justice Ginsburg as SCOTUS pick he would love to appoint in the future! NEWT IS A COMMUNIST WILSONIAN!

Punchenko on December 16, 2011 at 8:20 PM

Dr. Tesla on December 16, 2011 at 8:14 PM

indeed, the master debater and cunning linguist :-)

jimver on December 16, 2011 at 8:29 PM

Pundits love narratives during election cycles, like Pragmatist vs Purist, etc. I’ve come up with one for Romney vs Newtie Poo, let me know what you think:

Teacher’s Pet vs The Sinner

Dr. Tesla on December 16, 2011 at 8:30 PM

Dr. Tesla on December 16, 2011 at 8:14 PM

hmmm, interesting…and I was under the impression that this is how Obama got elected :-)….coz of his master debater skillz :-)…but surprise, turned out he had no leadership (or any other, for that matter) skillz…

jimver on December 16, 2011 at 8:34 PM

haley is the brown
rik on December 16, 2011 at 7:11 PM

rik is the dik.

Buy Danish on December 16, 2011 at 8:35 PM

Nikki may support Mitt…but her appearance now and the way she looked before she was elected…tells me… she’s on a Newt diet!
(I’m sorry, that’s mean)

KOOLAID2 on December 16, 2011 at 8:43 PM

This thread is like Hot Air’s version of Islamic Rage Boy.
Nikki Haley is a smart, accomplished businesswoman/governor. But she deserves The Hate from Hot Airians for daring to endorse another smart, accomplished businessman/governor.

Get a fracking grip people.

Buy Danish on December 16, 2011 at 8:52 PM

Basil,
Dr. Tesla on December 16, 2011 at 8:20 PM

Easy.

1. Romney never accepted money to support the GSEs that caused the housing bubble and created the banking crisis which has caused the economic malaise from which we are still suffering.
2. Romney never lied about his support for Romneycare. Gingrich lied about his support for Freddie Mac.
3. Gingrich supported a federal individual mandate. Romney never did.
4. Gingrich accepted the theory of catastrophic AGW to such an extent that he did a commercial with Pelosi. Romney said that although he believed the earth was warming, and that man was contributing to it, he was unsure as to how much and whether it was a serious problem.
5. Romney is a proven executive. Gingrich has trouble working with people.
6. Romney is much more conservative in his personal life and more conservative by temperament. He will approach issues with those qualities.
7. Romney is diplomatic and presidential in speech. Gingrich can be bombastic.
8. Romney has created wealth and jobs in the private sector. Gingrich’s wealth was created mainly from making use of his government contacts.
9. With Romney we get a conservative who is portrayed as a moderate. With Gingrich we get a faux conservative who is portrayed a hard line right winger.
10. Romney is more electable.

Basilsbest on December 16, 2011 at 8:59 PM

Buy Danish is one of my favorite type of conservatives….all a pol has to do is get some business experience on his resume, and he or she is thus brilliant and accomplished and we must support them.

Mitt Romney will still be smart and accomplished if he loses the nomination. That’s not what it’s about. We are not supposed to be rewarding people with the nomimination b/c they had success in the private sector. It’s about picking somebody you think will represent you best.

Dr. Tesla on December 16, 2011 at 9:02 PM

Who?

Decoski on December 16, 2011 at 9:04 PM

Romney seems like John Kerry to me in a lot of ways. The way he talks, his flip flopping and weaseling out of taking a position. I think he lacks the kind of charisma that would make him a sure winner. I don’t think people want to hate him, but at the same time, I don’t know if he connects that well with people. His 10,000 dollar bet in the debate was a jump the shark moment for any other candidate, but he’s our teacher’s pet candidate and it’s all good. I think Perry has the kind of personal charisma that would make hiim a lock to beat Obama, plus he’s clean on the healthcare issue unlike Romney and my Newtie Poo. But we all wanted an awesome debater after 8 years of Bush so it looks like it’s Gingrich or Romney, even though Romney’s not a great debater.

How can you argue that Newtie poo is a conservative hardliner when he sat on the couch with Nancy Pelosi and worked with Al Sharpton on something. Nobody reaches out more than Newt.

Dr. Tesla on December 16, 2011 at 9:08 PM

I can see white Bill Clinton Democrats supporting Newtie poo, but not Romney, over Obama.

Newt’s always been a big fan of CLinton for whatever reason. That could be a huge asset for us in the general if it’s played the right way.

I think Romney is going to be too Wall Street for your average Democrat to support.

Dr. Tesla on December 16, 2011 at 9:14 PM

Romney hates the Tea Party. With her endorsement of Romney, Nikki Haley has announced her abandonment of the Tea Party to advance her career within the mainstream GOP, and the establishment progressives within the party.

Tripwhipper on December 16, 2011 at 9:20 PM

It’s about picking somebody you think will represent you best.

Dr. Tesla on December 16, 2011 at 9:02 PM

right, and Buy Danish, and myself and countless of others on this thread and elsewhere believe Romney would represent us best. do you have a problem with that? maybe we come from a different background than you do and business experience in a presidential candidate is an important thing for us..or maybe we see and expect something different in a candidate than you do…you vote for whomever you think would represent you best, in turn, accept our pick. is it that much to ask? you won’t change any minds with your anti-Romney non-argument.

Dr. Tesla on December 16, 2011 at 9:08 PM

huh?? and that’s something that recommends him as a wise and intelligent guy, how???? Not to mention that he chose some of the most inept and reprehensible Dems out there to ‘co-operate with. What can I say, well done, Newt (nooot!)…

jimver on December 16, 2011 at 9:28 PM

Tripwhipper on December 16, 2011 at 9:20 PM

Amen! :-)

jimver on December 16, 2011 at 9:30 PM

Dr. Tesla on December 16, 2011 at 9:02 PM

BLAH BLAH BLAH. Actually Dr. Who, if that simplistic sentence you wrote had even a crumb of truth I could just as easily be supporting Donald Trump. Or Herman Cain. Oh, and I never, ever say anyone “must” support [fill in the blank].

Here’s a helpful bit of advice: Try thinking before typing.

Buy Danish on December 16, 2011 at 9:35 PM

P.S. I am trying my damnedest to treat commenters here like adults who deserve my respect. I am failing miserably. Never let it be said I don’t admit my weaknesses.

Buy Danish on December 16, 2011 at 9:38 PM

You guys should all just STFU and let the primary and caucus voters decide.

So much f’ing idiocy in these posts.

haner on December 16, 2011 at 10:18 PM

Buy Danish on December 16, 2011 at 9:38 PM

There’s no point to bother. Everyone has made up their minds. Romney could walk on water, and the brain-dead Rush listeners here would still hate on Romney just because Rush hasn’t supported him this year. It’s really that simple. After 4 of their True Conservative candidates have had epic flame-outs, they are so desperate that they will even support Newt F’n Gingrich as the nominee and portray him as the second coming of the conservative movement. I don’t know who the hell they think they are fooling, but True Conservatives have lost all credibility by supporting Gingrich. When Gingrich loses to Obama in 2012, I don’t ever want to be associated with a group of so called conservatives with such poor judgment ever again.

haner on December 16, 2011 at 10:27 PM

It’s amazing. I never hear Rush talk much about ROmney, but all the Romney cultists think Rush is killing their guy, slapping him around for 3 hours a day , 5 days a week.

Romney clearly ran as a liberal to win in Mass. This is a fact.

He governed in general as a liberal in Mass. This is a fact. He didn’t do anything to move the state to the right, and I and a lot of other conservatives think Romney takes Obamacare off the table as an issue.

To act like nobody can question if he should be our nominee seems odd to me.

This notion that Rush told me Romney was a moderate is laughable. Just listen to the guy in the debates and you can figure that out on your own. ROmney’s not made it a secret he’s running as the moderate choice this year. He has to own that.

Dr. Tesla on December 16, 2011 at 10:37 PM

The funny thing is all the current Newt haters would be on the Newt bandwagon if Romney wasn’t in the field. Who else would they go to? They are angry that conservatives are supporting the type of candidate they typically want to force on us.

Dr. Tesla on December 16, 2011 at 10:39 PM

(snip)

Dr. Tesla on December 16, 2011 at 7:32 PM

Well, dear old Newton is a dishonest jerk, among his other redeeming qualities. He blathers on about the public-private partnership of government railroad building in the 19th century while ignoring this:

the Solyndra of its day.

“ebrown2 I don’t think you know what you are talking about.”

It’s a question of -fact.-

Romney got beaten like a rented mule by the rickety organization of the oldest man ever to run for President, a man absolutely detested by the conservative core of his party.

He barely kept ahead of the even more rickety and underfunded organization of a socially liberal character like the Huckster, despite having the advantages of higher name recognition and a vastly larger war-chest.

Romney hasn’t shown himself to be politically competent in a context that is reasonably favorable and knowledgeable about business, i.e. the Republican primaries. The press will have a field day with him in the general election, since he will not have the time or the media access to explain himself.

“They are the most positive “can do” people and spend their days thinking about making the world more efficient, more profitable, creating more jobs, and creating products & technology to help the world.”

Good on them. I’ll give them credit for knowing better than wasting $100 million on being Steve Forbes II, Electric Boogaloo in the current electoral climate.

You seem to have the insane delusion that I’m a Marxist/Populist. I’m quite the opposite, a pro-capitalist realist who knows what’s going to happen to a down-sizer dealing with an electorate that is NOT literate in economics.

ebrown2 on July 30, 2008 at 11:12 PM

ebrown2 on December 16, 2011 at 10:42 PM

haner on December 16, 2011 at 10:27 PM

Me neither! I told my family that they’re not welcome in my Glenn Beck bunker if they vote for that Wilsonian Marxian-Fascist, Newt Gingrich. I’m actually thinking about divorcing my wife because she said that she doesn’t quite trust Romney. I was all like, “Are you kidding me? Are you really kidding me!? The man ran a business!” And she was all like, “He doesn’t really believe in anything! How does one go from being for partial-birth abortion to becoming pro-life over embryo research?” And I was all like, “You fat cow! How dare you! A man is allowed to evolve in his views, you monster! Romney is a great business man and stuff! He didn’t have time to worry about babies, you cow!”

Yeah… I think I’m divorcing her over this crap. I refuse to be married to a woman who thinks Mitt Romney isn’t “trustworthy”. It just smacks of mouth-breating knuckle-dragging ignorance — you know, the kind of thing you would find in South Carolina (that’s breaking for Newt! Pfffft!)

Punchenko on December 16, 2011 at 10:48 PM

bluegill on December 16, 2011 at 6:54 PM
Reading through all these later-good comments.

KOOLAID2 on December 16, 2011 at 10:51 PM

Dr. Tesla on December 16, 2011 at 10:39 PM

Newt is a lot closer to McCain than Romney is to McCain. Romney’s entire wealth came privately, while both Newt and McCain became rich through the connections of their political offices.

Newt and McCain both have a reputation for hot-headedness, and are both divorcees who divorced their wives.

The only thing similar about Romney and Newt are in their history of flipflopping due to the changing conservative climate, something now you True Conservatives are conveniently brushing off. But the two men couldn’t be more different in character and competency.

I would never join the Gingrich bandwagon, because I find his character unbecoming for the President of the United States, and unsuitable as a role model for my children.

haner on December 16, 2011 at 10:52 PM

I think Romney is to the left of McCain, with RomneyCare thrown in to make him even worse.

Check out Philip Klein’s column making this case. Google Philip Klein and Mitt Romney and McCain.

A debate b/t Romney and Obama on healthcare is going to be awkward full of a lot of doublespeak from Romney. Why not nominate somebody who is clean on this issue?

We were told that moderates were fiscal conservatives but there was nothing fiscally conservative about Romneycare. Yet they do love our Romney don’t they.

Dr. Tesla on December 16, 2011 at 10:59 PM

Here is most of the Klein article I mentioned…when I see the Romney cultists nuke this, I’ll consider Romney:

Let’s just start with some of the examples Coulter uses against McCain. She doesn’t think any conservative should do business with Ted Kennedy to pass liberal legislation? Well, here’s what Romney had to say about the liberal lion at the April 2006 signing of the Massachusetts health care law:

“I want to thank the many, many, people in this room who were critical to crafting and coaxing the bold health care initiative that I’m about to sign. There are a lot of parents to this initiative, as you know… Senator Kennedy – together we pitched the secretaries on our vision to insure more citizens, and on the need for federal support to make the vision real. His work in Washington and behind the scenes on Beacon Hill was absolutely essential…It’s now my pleasure to introduce my collaborator and friend, Senator Edward Kennedy.”
Watch the video here.

Well, Romney may have teamed up with Kennedy to get federal subsidies for his big government health care experiment, but at least he wasn’t for amnesty, right? Well, it depends on how you define “amnesty.” If you think McCain’s immigration stance meets that definition, it would put you at odds with Romney – or at least the 2005 version of Romney. Back then, he told the Boston Globe that McCain’s approach to immigration was “reasonable” and “quite different from amnesty.” (Audio here.)

But at least Romney wasn’t for campaign finance reform, right? Well, actually, back when he was running for Senate in 1994, Romney advocated campaign spending limits and totally abolishing political action committees – ideas that were arguably more radical than the provisions of McCain-Feingold. (Video here.)

Didn’t like it when McCain opposed the Bush tax cuts? Well, Romney didn’t have a Senate vote, but as the Club for Growth recalls, “In 2003, the Governor refused to endorse the Bush tax cuts, earning the praise of Massachusetts liberal congressman Barney Frank, and was even open to a federal gas tax hike.” The group’s white paper also notes that he raised fees by hundreds of millions of dollars in Massachusetts and eliminated “loopholes” without equally offsetting them with lower rates.

Okay, some would argue that failing to endorse the Bush tax cuts isn’t as bad as actively opposing them, and loophole closures and fee increases aren’t that awful. Let’s look at some other issues of importance to conservatives.

McCain may not be Rick Santorum on abortion, but he’s always been pro-life as it’s generally understood. Mitt Romney, by contrast, was firmly pro-choice in two statewide campaigns (1994 and 2002), and didn’t declare himself pro-life until July 2005 – about a year and a half before launching his first bid for the GOP nomination.

Then there’s gun control. John McCain voted against the Brady bill and the 1994 assault weapons ban. By contrast, Romney endorsed both policies in his 1994 Senate race, boasting, “That’s not going to make me the hero of the NRA.” In 2004, when the federal ban expired, then-Governor Romney signed a state ban on assault weapons, declaring, “Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts.” At CPAC in 2007, I asked Romney about his changing views on gun control, and he told me, “My position is the same as it has been, which is I support the Second Amendment, but I also support (an) assault weapon ban.”

Beyond these examples, it’s my contention that however bad McCain was on many conservative issues, nothing he did was nearly as bad as Romneycare. The Massachusetts law forced individuals to purchase government-approved insurance policies, expanded Medicaid, and provided government subsidies to individuals to purchase government-designed insurance policies on a government-run exchange. As Romney himself noted, the experiment wouldn’t have been possible without the federal money secured by Ted Kennedy. And it formed the basis for Obamacare, the largest expansion of the federal government’s role since at least the Great Society, if not in all of American history.

Most of Romney’s defenders will point to positions he’s taken during his last two campaigns for the GOP nomination when touting his conservative credentials – being pro-life, anti-gun control, against McCain-Feingold, for repealing Obamacare, etc. But that brings me to Coulter’s other point, that Romney is awesome because he was able to “trick” Massachusetts liberals into voting for him. That argument merely undercuts Coulter’s case for Romney. The Romney of Massachusetts was not the current version of Romney – it was the pro-choice, pro-gun control, pro-McCain immigration reform, pro-universal health care version of Romney. If he could trick Massachusetts into voting for him, what’s to say he’s not tricking conservatives now?

Just ask yourself what’s more logical. In his 1994 Senate race, Romney described himself as an “independent during Reagan-Bush.” So, for Coulter’s “trick” theory to hold, it would mean that for decades, the secretly conservative Romney positioned himself as an independent, or moderate-to-liberal Republican, merely so he could win a single-term as governor of Massachusetts. Then, just to have more fun with those Massachusetts liberals, he decided to do things like sign an assault weapons ban and work with Kennedy on the nation’s most sweeping universal health care plan. But, after a decades-long ruse, he sought the Republican presidential nomination in 2008, and his inner conservative was liberated. He could finally be himself, and the positions he’s expressing now are his true beliefs. Take that, liberals!

Conservatives are welcome to believe that. But to me, a far more rational explanation is that Romney is the consummate businessman, who doesn’t have strong core convictions, but adapts based on market demand.

Dr. Tesla on December 16, 2011 at 11:03 PM

This was Perry’s response (hat tip to a Red State blogger) note the typical classy response by Perry – reminds me of Reagan:

John King asked him how he felt about that endorsement, and in his typical style, with a smiling face he said that was fine with him, and that was one SC vote for Romney. He brought up the fact that he was endorsed by Gen. Livingston just a week ago, who heads up the veterans in SC. He said that he prefers the endorsement of those who have been serving for a long period of time, and he considered Livingston’s endorsement above all others. I’m paraphraising here. I’m sure the transcript will be available soon enough. He also said he was taken aback at Dr. Paul’s seeming dismissal at the goals of the Iran Mullahs, and that Paul said there is no proof that they are close to the bobm. He said that he talks to John Bolton on a regular basis and that Bolton is very concerned about the nuclear program in Iran.

pacificisland on December 16, 2011 at 11:25 PM

Perry would be our candidate this year if people didn’t overrate Obama’s debate skills and the importance of debates. He has the experience, jobs record, and charisma to cream Obama in my view, bad debate performances or not.

I don’t think I’ve been more surprised at anything in politics as the collapse of Perry.

Right now, a Perry comeback probably only ensures ROmney gets the nomimination unless Gingrich completely implodes and Perry gets most of his voters. But my sense is that msot Gingrich supporters will go to Romney because they are looking for the master debater. That’s why some of the vitriol by Romney supporters at Gingrich supporters is amusing. It’s basically the same group of voters within the Republican party.

Dr. Tesla on December 16, 2011 at 11:58 PM

I absolutely loved the first TEA Party event I went to. Very inspiring.

But, as I stood there I thought about how this was going to be co-opted by the Republican Party and wondered how long it would be before the TEA Party big shots would become corrupted.

Can’t think of too human organizations that start out with good intentions but go astray down the line…unions, churches, charities, social welfare organizations…

Dr. ZhivBlago on December 17, 2011 at 12:00 AM

There was never much of a Tea Party movement if Romney ends up being the nominee. It seems like a lot of conservatives have been scared into voting for him out of fear of losing to Obama, a fear that Romney and/or some of his supporters like to instill in people.

Dr. Tesla on December 17, 2011 at 12:37 AM

I should have warned Nikki Haley that some on the conservative side are just insane, and will label anyone a “RINO” or “Establishment” who commits what they see as a sin against their own particular view of what a conservative must do and believe.

Of course, the easy thing to do would be to wait until after the SC primary in six weeks and endorse the winner. The winner of the SC primary always wins the nomination, so it’s safe from that point of view as well as not offending her national fan base.

But Haley has never been known for playing it safe politically, she’s been challenging the corrupt status quo in South Carolina since she entered the legislature a few years ago. There is no one with a purer
Tea Party pedigree than Haley.

People deriding her as an insider or “establishment” are only showing their ignorance.

Adjoran on December 17, 2011 at 12:37 AM

Newt may not be a solid Conservative or much of one, but he is more of a Conservative than Romney will ever be.
I believe Romney will cave to polls and show his true political whore colors. To call Romney a Conservative is a true study in denial of reality.

He raised taxes on corporations and raised “fees” on the average joe. He’s in favor of gun control and that so-called balanced budget is being destroyed by his healthcare plan most of which he supported.
A few links for those not living in Romney denial.

Hard Right on December 17, 2011 at 12:50 AM

Romney isn’t a Conservative. He’s a political whore who will say anything to get elected. Those who say he is a Conservative are a study in denial of reality.

Hard Right on December 17, 2011 at 12:56 AM

The people who whine the most about being labeled RINOs tend to delight in saying things and doign things that they know conservatives disagree with. It’s funny how defensive they get for being nailed for something they know they will be nailed on by conservatives. If you don’t want people to call you a moderate, stop acting like a moderate. It’s not complicated.

You have guys like David Frum and David Brooks who whine about the RINO accusation. C’mon guys. Own what you are. Be a man about it.

Dr. Tesla on December 17, 2011 at 2:27 AM

One thing I’ve noticed is that if two conservatives disagree with each other…say Rush Limbaugh disagrees with Thomas Sowell on something, all these moderates with no love for either man will rush in and accuse Rush of calling Thomas Sowell a RINO even though Rush never says that.

THese moderates like to stir things up among conservatives when there’s nothing there.

Dr. Tesla on December 17, 2011 at 2:30 AM

I was really disappointed to see her endorse Romney.

However, after several hours of calming down and doing some research I’m keeping my powder dry.

She is under siege in SC. The Graham wing has teamed up with the Democrats down there to tear her to pieces.

If you remember, her fight to the Governors mansion was brutal.

The SC GOP is terrible, a bunch of big spenders and RINOS. It was so bad Mark Sanford has effectively become a lame duck well before his Argentina vacation. They were overriding his veto on spending left and right.

She may be fighting for survival down there and forced to start doing some triangulation.

JB-STLMO on December 17, 2011 at 4:06 AM

Dr. Tesla

I am a Romney supporter first, Gingrich supporter second. So much the theories expounded in your endless monologue.

However, you have to remember that the big government establishment R’s hate Obama because he’s grossly exposed the notion of Government as gravy train, not because he’s wrecking the country. They want Mittens so they can “go seepy boo” and ignore the fact that the country will have to undergo radical changes to even stop, let alone reverse, the spending destruction that O and his cronies have wrought. As for Mittens, what I wrote over 3 years ago still stands: BLAH BLAH BLAH
ebrown2 on December 16, 2011 at 10:42 PM

I’m sorry, I cannot refrain from an ad hominem. This idiotic theory is entirely deficient in facts and reason; it is the delusional thinking of a loon who lives in a fantasy world because reality is not an option.

P.S. I gather “go seepy boo” means “go sleepy poo”. Whatever the case, it’s asinine.

Buy Danish on December 17, 2011 at 7:44 AM

Nikki Haley is a sellout and she has turned her back on those who supported her and put her in office. I would like to know what Sarah Palin has to say about this agenda-driven move, on Haley’s part.

sinsing on December 17, 2011 at 7:46 AM