Poll: Millennials expect Obama to lose

posted at 3:10 pm on December 15, 2011 by Tina Korbe

Don’t get me wrong: Millennials want Obama to win. They just think he won’t.

A 36 percent plurality of 18-to-29-year-olds think Obama will lose his bid for reelection, according to a new poll from the Institute of Politics at Harvard University. Just 30 percent think he will win, while 32 percent are not sure. The percentages are very similar for the four-year college crowd. Among enrolled college students, 37 percent think he’ll lose, 31 percent think he’ll win and 31 percent are not sure. Most hopeful of all, less than half of those millennials who voted for Obama in 2008 think he’ll win again in 2012.

But millennials apparently have no problem throwing their support behind a suspected loser because they said they’d still choose Obama before they’d choose a generic Republican (35 percent to 29 percent). They’d pick Obama over Mitt Romney by an 11-point margin (37 percent to 26 percent) and over Newt Gingrich or Rick Perry by a 16-point spread (39 percent to 23 percent).

Nevertheless, poll experts suggest the results could mean what I’ve said for some time: An opening exists with millennials for any candidate willing to take advantage of it.

“Our new polling data clearly shows Millennials are growing more concerned over the direction of the country and effectiveness of Washington, D.C. to solve problems,” IOP director Trey Grayson said in a statement. “The opportunity exists for all political parties and campaigns to re-engage this generation – those who do can maximize results in 2012.”

Fortunately for the GOP, the Occupy movement doesn’t appear to have engaged as many millennials as was perhaps previously thought. According to the same Harvard-conducted study, less than one in four millennials supports the Occupy movement.

Unfortunately for the GOP, Obama has made capturing the youth vote a continued priority, whereas the GOP candidates have not developed an advanced strategy for appealing to young voters. But young voters stand to lose disproportionately from Obama’s debt-growing policies. After all, who will have to pay down that debt? Who won’t be able to depend on Social Security and Medicare? Millennials also have a higher unemployment rate than the national average.

Remember that 16 million 2012-eligible youth voters weren’t eligible to vote in 2008. They’ve never cast a ballot for president at all. Far easier to capture an uncommitted kid than an entrenched Obama supporter. Also, Obama’s approval rating is down with millennials just as it is with other demographics. In February, 60 percent of college kids approved of the job he was doing — now just 48 percent do.

Then again, those 16 million might prove to be typical youth voters — magnetized by charisma and careless of the issues. No substitute for a candidate turning on the charm. Whoever the GOP nominee is better be ready to do just that.

P.S. A quick note about methodology because at least a few of you were disappointed that I occasionally take Public Policy Polling seriously. Yes, this poll comes out of Harvard, a liberal academic institution. But the sample was large (2,028 completed interviews) and drawn from a web database that was constructed by a random selection of telephone numbers and residential addresses. Nothing about these numbers seem “off” to me. Most “objective” indicators suggest Obama does face an uphill reelection battle, even as poll after poll shows that young voters continue to find him more appealing than any GOP candidate.

Comments

“Generic republicans”. I guess that’s all we have in the running without Bobby Jindel or Marco Rubio.

Long haired country boy on December 15, 2011 at 3:13 PM

I’d take heart in this but my opinion is 18-29 year olds don’t know anything.

gerrym51 on December 15, 2011 at 3:16 PM

The day these scrubs get involved will be their first. Occupation does not count, employment does.

RAGIN CAJUN on December 15, 2011 at 3:16 PM

Seems like 75% of our youth is too stupid to realize the awesomeness of Teh One /s

NapaConservative on December 15, 2011 at 3:18 PM

The majority of these kids have been brainwashed since they entered a government school at age 5 or 6 into believing that Republicans are evil an heartless and that Democrats are good. Not all, must a majority. They will vote based on “feelings” rather than logic.

I am liking their cynicism towards Obama’s re-election chances though.

angela on December 15, 2011 at 3:19 PM

I still don’t understand why the younger the person is, the more prone they are to supporting Democrats. I never in my life thought theft was acceptable, no matter what you called it. I thank God daily for giving me to my parents. They are two of the best people I have ever known and the reason I was never a part of the hand-out hordes. I am glad I am leaving that age bracket behind in couple of years. What a bunch of goons.

JAGonzo on December 15, 2011 at 3:20 PM

Here’s one 27 year old “millennial” that doesn’t want Obama to win, but I never did.

Meric1837 on December 15, 2011 at 3:20 PM

But alas, the idiots that are in charge of the GOP won’t be able to excite the youngsters. Hell, they are having a hard time exciting anyone with these selections.

search4truth on December 15, 2011 at 3:21 PM

I live right across the street from a polling station. I suspect I’ll have a pretty good idea how the election is going for Mr. Obama on election day far before the results come in just by looking out my window that morning.

Granted, my area is less affected by millenials and more so by minority votes, but I wonder if we’ll see a similar situation arising among blacks as we will among millenials in general… That is, they want him to win, but the desire to vote for him just won’t be there like it was in 2008.

In some respects it’s too bad I wasn’t living where I am now in 2004, then I could have compared 2008 turnout to 2004 turnout. In 2008 my street was packed with cars parked for people going vote – to the point that my driveway was partially blocked. During every other election there hasn’t been a single voter parked on my street and they barely fill up the school parking lots.

If turnout next fall is as high as it was four years prior, Mr. Obama might just squeak by and get re-elected to a job he supposedly doesn’t enjoy.

Logus on December 15, 2011 at 3:22 PM

What does it mean if he wins?

A much worse economy as he punishes the Rich in an attempt at spreading the wealth around.

A Leftist-Socialist weighted supreme court that will eventual eviscerate the bill or rights – starting with the 2nd amendment.

And of course Controversial and Unconstitutional Obamacare is assured to be implemented.

And That’s just for starters….

Chip on December 15, 2011 at 3:22 PM

One of the few things Obama has done right is that, entirely by accident, he showed millenials what life is like without a robust economy and a strong, pro-American President. It’s a desperately needed wakeup call that might keep their generation from being nothing but a worthless pack of stoner Eloi.

JeremiahJohnson on December 15, 2011 at 3:22 PM

I’d take heart in this but my opinion is 18-29 year olds don’t know anything.

gerrym51 on December 15, 2011 at 3:16 PM

Hey, now. Don’t generalize.

Sincerely,
24 year-old Conservative Republican

nicktjacob on December 15, 2011 at 3:23 PM

sort of like the feelings i’ll vote for Newt even though Romney looks like only he can win general

gerry-getting more moderate all the time(actually i am somewhat conservative-have been a republican since 18-voted twice for Nixon.

tells uou how old I am

gerrym51 on December 15, 2011 at 3:24 PM

Sincerely,
24 year-old Conservative Republican

nicktjacob on December 15, 2011 at 3:23 PM

I apologize-but just to you

gerrym51 on December 15, 2011 at 3:26 PM

My two daughters aren’t voting for Zero, no way no how.

8 weight on December 15, 2011 at 3:27 PM

Sincerely,
24 year-old Conservative Republican

nicktjacob on December 15, 2011 at 3:23 PM

Fine. The curve is discontinuous.

[18,24), (24,29] — don’t know anything :)

Axe on December 15, 2011 at 3:27 PM

gerrym51 on December 15, 2011 at 3:26 PM

Preview, Gerry, Preview!

Axe on December 15, 2011 at 3:29 PM

Expect his numbers among millenials to plummet as more of us get wise to SOPA. If any republican running right now promised to veto/repeal that bill, I would vote for them. Any republican. Sure, I’ll still those conservative policies I disagree with, but I’d gladly use my vote to kill that dreadful bill, even if it means giving you the White House for 4 years.

ernesto on December 15, 2011 at 3:29 PM

And most of them still live in mom’s basement!

KOOLAID2 on December 15, 2011 at 3:29 PM

I thought the minimum voting age was moved to 26? How can anyone under 26 vote if they are still a dependent of their parents?

NotCoach on December 15, 2011 at 3:31 PM

a. They haven’t learned life’s lessons yet… in particular that life isn’t fair and you can’t make it fair.

b. They lack the wisdom and judgment to know when they’re being fed BS, or possess the confidence to challenge it (which is exactly why predatory leftists so often become teachers/professors)

c. It’s easy to say that everyone should be taken care of, that meanie-head rich people should share the load, etc when you are not yet responsible for a family, mortgage, career, etc.

d. Peer pressure is a LOT stronger when all your buddies watch the Daily Show.

weew on December 15, 2011 at 3:31 PM

Preview, Gerry, Preview!

my cat walked across the keyboard as I was doing the last one.

gerry-hey I’ll use any excuse-moderate republican

gerrym51 on December 15, 2011 at 3:34 PM

I’ve a strong hunch that bunch will not turn out to vote like they did before. It might interrupt their “occupy” time. Well, with exception to the young ones here!

chickie on December 15, 2011 at 3:34 PM

NotCoach on December 15, 2011 at 3:31 PM

Ha, good point.

dmn1972 on December 15, 2011 at 3:35 PM

I think a candidate should put a little effort to the mills, but I’m going with history here, and betting that the candidates would be better off going with the age groups that will show up at the voting booth.

Turtle317 on December 15, 2011 at 3:37 PM

And now that they’ve seen wonderous joy that Obama has brought everyone; those voters will certainly line up to vote for him in 2012. Cuz they’ve seen how well it all works out. Right?

lorien1973 on December 15, 2011 at 3:40 PM

Millennials also have a higher unemployment rate than the national average.

5 years ago, in December 2006, the Republicans held the House, Senate, and Presidency, and the unemployment rate was 4.4%.

Then Pelosi and Reid took over the House and Senate. The Pelosi-Reid recession took unemployment to 7.3% by December 2008. Then, the Obama-Pelosi-Reid super-recession took unemployment to 9.9% by December 2009. The average unemployment for 2010 was 9.6%, and the average so far in 2011 is 9.0%.

I would guess that millenials are fed up with high unemployment. It’s amazing that they would still consider supporting Democrats who tanked the economy.

ITguy on December 15, 2011 at 3:41 PM

Yeah, please don’t generalize. I am 26 and plan on voting for anyone but Obama (even Ron Paul and Mitt Romney, if I have to, although just like with McCain I will be very pissed to do so, and will need to take a shower after voting).

However, with that said, most of my friends (all of whom are college graduates, and many of whom have post-graduate degrees) are planning on voting for Obama. So, I am not sure that there is much of an opening to get even a chunk of the 18-29 vote for whoever winds up the Republican candidate based on my anecdotal example.

milcus on December 15, 2011 at 3:42 PM

They aren’t tax contributors. Generally, they live a fantasy life on a school campus where everything they want is provided for “free” to them. So they have no experience in the real world that tells them life isn’t free.

Plus, younger kids are more likely to vote on social issues – gay marriage, legalizing drugs, etc.

lorien1973 on December 15, 2011 at 3:42 PM

Worst economy in 50 years!

lorien1973 on December 15, 2011 at 3:42 PM

A follow up question would be:

Since you will vote for Obama again, what has he done that you would like more of?

jeffn21 on December 15, 2011 at 3:45 PM

I wonder how much longer it will take for the GOP to figure out that their consultants SUCK!

Their glaring incompetence has been going on now for so long that one has to wonder if it isn’t on purpose.

In other words, all of the party power brokers are given a piece of DC in exchange for making sure that the second coming of Reagan never happens. The left knows it will loose elections from time to time so it buys off the GOP establishment to make sure they don’t loose any of their hard fought gains.

JB-STLMO on December 15, 2011 at 3:46 PM

This 24 year-old wasn’t captivated by Obama’s post-racial hopiechangieness. I thank God I was blessed with intelligent and well-reasoned parents who could counter the silly idealism of my youth.

However, I’m reluctant to work on any opposing campaigns. While I’m hardly the kiss of death, every guy that I’ve done grassroots campaign stuff for has lost. Handily (Swann, Santorum, McCain). Maybe I should work on the Obama campaign…

PennsylvaniaPainTrain on December 15, 2011 at 3:46 PM

0bama is a great president, just ask him.

jukin3 on December 15, 2011 at 3:46 PM

To paraphrase Sir Winston Churchill:

To be a conservative at 18 to 29 you have no heart.

To be a liberal at thirty and over you have no brain.

MidniteRambler on December 15, 2011 at 3:52 PM

I’d take heart in this but my opinion is 18-29 year olds don’t know anything.

gerrym51 on December 15, 2011 at 3:16 PM

As a 19 year old college student who has been deeply interested in politics since the age of 13 I take offense to this statement. Its this kind of attitude that discourages young people from being introduced into politics. fortunately for me I had a father who was very good at explaining complex political problems to me in ways i could understand them. I am not saying that I have the wisdom or perspective that my elders may have, but for you to say that this age group is entirely ignorant also shows that you have not completely acquired it either.

TheOarsman on December 15, 2011 at 3:53 PM

I live in an urban area that is VERY Democrat. I am already seeing Obama 2012 bumper stickers. The worst part is I am seeing them on huge SUVs. Do these people pay any attention at all?

earlgrey133 on December 15, 2011 at 3:54 PM

Still, Obama doesn’t even get 40% against either Romney or Gingrich, and there are 37-38% undecided, so the Republicans could persuade some of them to vote against Obama.

By the way, those who will be 18 to 21 in 2012 could not vote in 2008, and those who will be 22 to 25 in 2012 were in college in 2008 but are now struggling to find jobs. Republican candidates might be able to get their votes by promising to make it easier to find jobs, so they don’t have to put up with Mom and Dad anymore, who probably can’t wait for them to move out…

Steve Z on December 15, 2011 at 3:57 PM

Sadly, the relentless inculcation of America’s youth by public schools, television, movies, and print media on the awesome awesomeness of all things gay have yielded a group that must vote with the party that’s been convincing them so for too many years.

BuckeyeSam on December 15, 2011 at 3:58 PM

If you’re going with Churchill, I’ll go with Chambers who was sad because he left the winning team to go to the losing team.

Regrettably Rs have little understanding of strategy to appeal to anyone,really. Truth itself is a strategy that they’re scared to death of.

Like W’s father said, the Vision Thing…not really their cup of tea. More of the careful lower level manager who’s trying to survive by keeping his head down…acting like they’ve scratched their way up this far…don’t rock the boat, boys.

Sarah never fit on that team…and it’s pretty plain why

r keller on December 15, 2011 at 3:59 PM

Which is just more proof that a college education does not teach kids how to think.

woodNfish on December 15, 2011 at 4:02 PM

We will never ever ever pay down our debt directly. Don’t forget that reducing the deficit is not paying down our debt. It is simply charging less on the credit card. The debt will be paid for indirectly with a devaluation of the dollar and reduced standard of living. Politicians will blame increased prices and a reduced standard of living on greedy corporations rather than their fiscal recklessness and it will fool enough people.

Wigglesworth on December 15, 2011 at 4:02 PM

earlgrey133 on December 15, 2011 at 3:54 PM

I passed a minivan yesterday that had a slew of bumper stickers. One said “Elect Ability”. Right next to it was an “Obama ’12″ sticker. I had a good laugh at that one.

angela on December 15, 2011 at 4:04 PM

They don’t pay attention, they receive handouts. Follow that huge SUV to the grocery store and watch them use food stamps…

jb34461 on December 15, 2011 at 4:04 PM

My 24 year old college graduate son who is struggling to make a post-college living, yet remains HOPE-lessly liberal, still plans to vote for The One.

I am failure as a parent.

BRunner on December 15, 2011 at 4:07 PM

I’m in favor of starting another one of those grassroots, right-winger, law-breakin’(according to MSNBC) tea party youth movements and call it V.O.T.E.S.

Vote Out The Elite Socialists

Turtle317 on December 15, 2011 at 4:07 PM

The Republicans need to get the message to the Millennials that a) President Obama is spending their future in the form of higher debt, and b) the very policies that are mortgaging their futures are also causing the high unemployment rates that mean college graduates end up at home with mom and dad.

STL_Vet on December 15, 2011 at 4:11 PM

ernesto on December 15, 2011 at 3:29 PM

Then Paul would be your man.

This 19-year-old is personally voting for Paul in the primary right before taking a good shower to wash off some of my fellow supporters’ tinfoil residue. I will not support any third party runs, and I will not vote if Romney or Newt get the nom.

And if Reddit is any representation of the Millennial Internet Left, they’re actually hating Obama right now for his decision not to veto NDAA, and they very much prefer Paul right about now, especially if he doesn’t veto SOPA, either.

carcinoGeneticist on December 15, 2011 at 4:12 PM

When my left-leaning aunt and grandmother supported Dukakis when I was six, I told them they were wrong. I remember arguing Second Amendment rights with my fifth-grade teacher. I held my nose and voted McCain and I refuse to vote Obama (as I refused to vote Kerry or Gore). Not every 18-29 year old is politically uninformed or a liberal. Granted, I was fortunate in that I had a front-row seat in watching my parents pull themselves up by their bootstraps without government assistance while I was growing up, so that shaped a lot of my opinions. That, and my father watched Rush Limbaugh every morning while he made us breakfast and my mother had this annoying habit of making us read the editorial pages so we could discuss it over dinner…

Pancho on December 15, 2011 at 4:20 PM

To paraphrase Sir Winston Churchill:

To be a conservative at 18 to 29 you have no heart.

To be a liberal at thirty and over you have no brain.

MidniteRambler on December 15, 2011 at 3:52 PM

—————————————————–

BINGO!

KOOLAID2 on December 15, 2011 at 4:21 PM

They have nothing to fear. With Mittens as the nominee all their dreams about a second Obama term will be fulfilled. I hope they like living at home with Mom and Dad for a few more years, cuz ain’t gonna be no jobs 2013-2017 available.

angryed on December 15, 2011 at 4:21 PM

carcinoGeneticist on December 15, 2011 at 4:12 PM

I actually spend a lot of time on Reddit, and yes, it looks as if the community has had a collective freakout over the NDAA and SOPA – with awful good cause, I feel.

When both parties railroad things like this – MASSIVE expansions in the federal prerogative with no additional oversight – it becomes fairly obvious that you can’t trust any of them. Sure, you have expansions of government like Obamacare, but that was far from bipartisan and far from the railroad job the NDAA and SOPA have been.

With the supposedly limited government party being so complicit in this behavior, where can you go but a hardcore libertarian?

ernesto on December 15, 2011 at 4:22 PM

Millennials want Obama to win

Then they are even more ignorant than we feared, considering their bleak job prospects.

jangle12 on December 15, 2011 at 4:22 PM

I am failure as a parent.

BRunner on December 15, 2011 at 4:07 PM

Not yet! You brought up an idealist.

Now brain need fill up, ideas, better.

Time :)

Axe on December 15, 2011 at 4:22 PM

JB-STLMO on December 15, 2011 at 3:46 PM

It would explain many things.

squint on December 15, 2011 at 4:22 PM

TheOarsman on December 15, 2011 at 3:53 PM

thats twice I’ve had to apologize. I’ll have you know that when i was 19 i voted for Richard Nixon.-tells you what i know

gerrym51 on December 15, 2011 at 4:25 PM

ITguy on December 15, 2011 at 3:41 PM

But ask any 18-25 year old what was the unemployment rate in 2006 and they have no clue. Ask them what it is today and they’ll say it’s Bush’s fault.

Logic and facts don’t matter to them. They’ve been told for 12 years in school and 4 years in college that Republican = Fascist and Democrat = Friend of the Middle Class.

It takes a long time living in reality to figure out it’s the opposite.

angryed on December 15, 2011 at 4:25 PM

JB-STLMO on December 15, 2011 at 3:46 PM

The consultants told us McCain was a lock against Obama since he appealed to independents and liberals too.

These same consultants are telling us that Mittens is a lock against Obama because he appeals to independents and liberals.

I have to agree with you and ask, where is the line between incompetence and malicious intent?

angryed on December 15, 2011 at 4:29 PM

I have two daughters whom I love dearly’ but they are both lefties and married lefties. I sympathize’

gerrym51 on December 15, 2011 at 4:29 PM

jangle12 on December 15, 2011 at 4:22 PM

It’s not that they don’t care, it’s that many of us resent being asked to validate a whole bunch of crap (most of the republican platform, especially the social aspects) for the sake of removing an ineffective executive.

ernesto on December 15, 2011 at 4:34 PM

earlgrey133 on December 15, 2011 at 3:54 PM

There’s a 20-something guy in my office who still has a 2008 Obama bumper sticker on his car, a Toyota, but not a Prius.

I had heard that he was all mad after someone in his department referred to Obama as “President Downgrade” after we lost our triple-A credit rating.

Awwww …

PatriotGal2257 on December 15, 2011 at 4:34 PM

Awwww …

PatriotGal2257 on December 15, 2011 at 4:34 PM

Still hangin’ on to the dream :)

Kinda like a 60 year old rock star with arthritis, a guitar, and a 20 year old girl friend whose name ends with an “i”.

Axe on December 15, 2011 at 4:39 PM

Forget the youth vote. What the GOP needs is the social libertarian vote. These people actually vote, and actually have a brain when it comes matters of economics, the #1 issue today. College kids are MORONS, so appealing to them would require pandering to them. Democrats HAVE to do it. The Republicans do not. Forget the youth vote, most of these kids, after growing up and becoming responsible adults will move to the right. Just like I did.

TheLastBrainLeft on December 15, 2011 at 4:40 PM

Did they bother to ask if any of them plan to actually vote in 2012?

stukinIL4now on December 15, 2011 at 4:43 PM

Even though I live in ‘flyover country’, Omaha actually had enough voters who checked Barry’s name to make a difference here in Nebraska. Fortunately, I know several people who fit in that 18-29 year-old category who are not making the same mistake they did in 2008. I have faith for 2012. Not sure why, but I do.

justjulie20 on December 15, 2011 at 4:44 PM

Axe on December 15, 2011 at 4:39 PM

LOL! :)

PatriotGal2257 on December 15, 2011 at 4:45 PM

Democrats and their union associates indoctrinate most students, and parents don’t take enough time to counteract this. The liberal slant the MSM puts on everything doesn’t help much either. It’s GIGO in action.

This isn’t really a reason we initially decided to homeschool our kids, but it’s one of the reasons we continue do do so.

Texastoast on December 15, 2011 at 4:47 PM

Sincerely,
24 year-old Conservative Republican

nicktjacob on December 15, 2011 at 3:23 PM

No way me too!

Raptor on December 15, 2011 at 4:48 PM

Poll: Millennials expect Obama to lose

Conclusion: Millennials aren’t as stupid as they seem.

Tim_CA on December 15, 2011 at 4:57 PM

They aren’t tax contributors…
lorien1973

twice a month for many years I was reminded, in the form of a pay stub, that the feds was a harpy and I was her sugar daddy Boxhead.

Since direct deposit I can luxuriate in the fantasy that my big govmnt loves me for me and not my money. Pretty soon the pay stub ,with it’s ugly reminder, will be a thing of the past.

BoxHead1 on December 15, 2011 at 4:57 PM

I am failure as a parent.

BRunner on December 15, 2011 at 4:07 PM

Take heart. My son was most definitely raised with nothing other than conservative influences, went to college and got caught up in Obamamania last time around. Now…he’s voting ABO. There is still hope.

lynncgb on December 15, 2011 at 5:00 PM

Many people are still confused about the massive support for “You Lie” hussein from the young. Hey, dude, it’s simple – we want somebody that appreciates drugs as much as we do! hussein is the MOST LIKELY to legalize the weed, he is the MOST LIKELY to de-emphasize prosecution of drug use, he is the MOST LIKELY to allow “medical” use of marijuana, he is the MOST LIKELY to soften sentences for coke (his favorite refreshment) and he is the MOST LIKELY to abolish the DEA. He’ll even set-up San Francisco-style “pot clubs” in every federal office throughout America. He’s our kind of toker!

A VOTE FOR HUSSEIN IS A VOTE FOR DRUGS!

And as for those massive tax increases he’ll enact – h*ll, as slugs and slackers we don’t pay no taxes and we’ll definitively get some of those massive welfare handouts he’ll provide so we can buy even more drugs and booze. Dude, we can’t lose with this guy!

TeaPartyNation on December 15, 2011 at 5:03 PM

The only way he won’t win is if the Republicans actually field a viable candidate. All of the front runners are so lame, they might as well be (‘let me give you the presidency’) McCain (another stupid Republican move).

Right now, I do not see a serious effort to overthrow Obama…all I see is a bunch of millionaire elites begging me to give them my money so they can campaign for a position they know they will not achieve (or to keep a position they do not deserve).

If the millennials do not think he will win but will still vote for him, then why even consider their opinions? (Of course, I suspect the next election is irrelevant, since it is doubtful we will have one anyway.) Expect WW III or full-blown Martial law before then. Either way, the Emperor’s machinery will keep him in power.

“In the early years of the twenty-first century, a vile evil
ascended the throne of the American Republic. He came
from obscurity, shrouded in mystery and misdirection.
Like the serpent, he promised all things to all people.
He always said what people wanted to hear. His open
disdain for America, the Constitution, and its governing
principles went unnoticed by the mainstream media,
which quickly became his Ministry of Propaganda.

This man, Mabus, ascended the American throne, not
by rightful election of the populace, but by enormous
propaganda efforts and fraudulent voting practices,
funded by his foreign masters who counted among
their numbers dictators, terrorists, and rabid socialists
bent upon the destruction of America.”
(Night of Screams – published early 2010)

xmanvietnam on December 15, 2011 at 5:05 PM

Keep your money. You’re obviously not bright enough to use it correctly and you’re going to need it.

I see a group of people who care deeply about their country and are actively campaigining, getting the word out, and doing backflips to show us how conservative they.

Any one of them would do a better job than Obumwad (with possible exception of the crazy old man).

You bore me.

Tim_CA on December 15, 2011 at 5:19 PM

I read leftist forums, blogs.
Obama is not discussed, except in hush tones.
Many on the hard left are enraged.

The latter will hold their nose and vote 0,
but I do not see anything
resembling the energy of ’08.
OWS has no real traction at all.
The middle is up for grabs.

The thing is, without a primary, 0 will not
be in game shape
The brutal R fight should yield a
contender ready to rumble.

My take is,
if Mitt meets with the tea party, for a serious, heartfelt
head to head talk about common goals, views, and interests
he closes this thing out.

PaleoRider on December 15, 2011 at 5:40 PM

A follow up question would be:

jeffn21 on December 15, 2011 at 3:45 PM

“Well, he’s making you pay for my dorm room, and my food, and my edukashun, and Republicans want people to DIE!”

PalinLover on December 15, 2011 at 5:43 PM

Millennials want Obama to win. They just think he won’t.

Wait…I thought they were all taught that everybody is a winner!

Woo hoo!! Ninth place!!

LoganSix on December 15, 2011 at 5:55 PM

I’d take heart in this but my opinion is 18-29 year olds don’t know anything.

gerrym51 on December 15, 2011 at 3:16 PM

10-4 that. If I had a nickel for every stunning display of ignorance displayed by my peers – just the ones that I personally witnessed, mind you – I could hire Bill Gates to be my chauffeur.

MelonCollie on December 15, 2011 at 5:56 PM

It takes a long time living in reality to figure out it’s the opposite.

angryed on December 15, 2011 at 4:25 PM

They’ve been brainwashed for sure, but ask them to look up which party has controlled a majority (2+ out of 3) of the House, Senate and Presidency since January 2007.

The undeniable fact is that it has been the Democrats with majority control. They can try to Blame Bush all they want, but he is 1 man, and the Democrats were driving the economy, including Barney Frank and Chris Dodd in charge of the Banking and Financial Services committees. YouTube C-SPAN video shows that Republicans had a history of trying to regulate Fannie/Freddie, and Barney Frank and other Democrats stood in the way and accused regulators of racism.

Video: Democrats insist “nothing wrong” at Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac in 2004
posted at 9:50 am on September 29, 2008 by Ed Morrissey

ITguy on December 15, 2011 at 6:31 PM

…the sample was large (2,028 completed interviews) and drawn from a web database that was constructed by a random selection of telephone numbers and residential addresses…

Wouldn’t such a sample be biased against those whose only phone was a cell phone?

landlines on December 15, 2011 at 6:40 PM

<blockquotegerrym51 on December 15, 2011 at 4:25 PM

I may have overreacted a bit :)

TheOarsman on December 15, 2011 at 6:55 PM

landlines on December 15, 2011 at 6:40 PM

That’s not a big concern anymore; cell phones are freaking everywhere.

MelonCollie on December 15, 2011 at 7:19 PM

I’d take heart in this but my opinion is 18-29 year olds don’t know anything.

gerrym51 on December 15, 2011 at 3:16 PM

Many of them know enough to choose to risk their lives in foreign lands to keep us free. They give me hope for the future.

Extrafishy on December 16, 2011 at 6:43 AM

Average unemployment rate under Bush (Jan 2001 – December 2008): 5.3%

(And that included the aftermath of the Dot Com bust and the 9/11/2001 attacks)

Average unemployment rate under Obama (Jan 2009 – November 2011): 9.3%

ITguy on December 16, 2011 at 9:05 AM

Young, drunk and stupid is no way to vote for president, son. It’s not an easy demo to win with reality.

Har. None of them projects an image hipper than 1960. You’d have to have a Rubio…RIGHT NOW. Romney- Stolid businessman. Perry – GOB cowboy. Bachmann – Corporate cougar. Santorum – somewhere between preacher and lobbyist. Gingrich – Emeritus college prof with ADD. Ironically, crazy, old, coot Uncle Ron is the only one who has a following of young Paulistas.

ironked on December 16, 2011 at 9:16 AM

earlgrey133 on December 15, 2011 at 3:54 PM

Subaru’s and Prius’s with CoExist & Feingold stickers. Land of the Progs….

wi farmgirl on December 16, 2011 at 11:56 AM