Obamateurism of the Day

posted at 8:05 am on December 15, 2011 by Ed Morrissey

We’re down to the final two entries for 2011, and coincidentally, this one’s a two-parter, from VIMH’s Jeff Dobbs.  Going back once again to Barack Obama’s interview with Steve Kroft on 60 Minutes, Obama didn’t want to leave the impression that he had overpromised on economic improvement, nor that he didn’t understand the task ahead of him:

Kroft: Did you overpromise? Did you underestimate how difficult this was gonna be?

Obama: I didn’t overpromise. And I didn’t underestimate how tough this was gonna be.

Two days later, however, Obama told a Seattle audience on KIRO that he actually did underestimate how bad it was:

President Barack Obama said Tuesday he wishes he knew the full extent of the economic crisis when he took office, if only so he could have let Americans know just how tough the coming years would be.

“I think we understood that it was bad, but we didn’t know how bad it was,” Obama said in an interview with KIRO in Seattle.

So he didn’t underestimate it before he did underestimate it?  John Kerry stands in awe, dude.

By the way, the GOP isn’t buying Obama’s latest explanation.  They put out a list of Obama quotes from before the 2008 election that shows he understood how bad the economy was:

September 2008: Obama: “We Are Going Through The Worst Financial Crisis Since The Great Depression.” (Sen. Barack Obama, Remarks During First Presidential Debate, Oxford, MS, 9/26/08)

October 2008: Obama: “We Meet Here At A Time Of Great Uncertainty. Our Economy Is In Crisis.” (President Barack Obama, Remarks, La Crosse, WI, 10/1/08)

November 2008: Obama: “We Are Facing An Economic Crisis Of Historic Proportions.” (President Barack Obama, Remarks Announcing Members Of The Economic Team, Chicago, IL, 11/24/08)

And they also have links to plenty of people who knew exactly how bad things were going to get — some of whom told Obama, too:

The Evidence Doesn’t Support The White House’s Claim That No One Knew How Bad The Economy Was In 2009. “White House Press Secretary Jay Carney made a surprising assertion on MSNBC Wednesday, saying that in early 2009, as Barack Obama was taking office, there weren’t any major economists who understood just how bad the recession was. The problem is that the evidence doesn’t support his claim.” (Alexander Eichler, “Jay Carney, Despite Evidence, Says Economists Didn’t Know How Bad The Recession Would Get,” The Huffington Post, 12/8/11)

• “In Reality, Though, Well-Respected Analysts And Economists From All Corners Were Sounding Alarms About The State Of The Economy — In Early 2009, And Even Before.” (Alexander Eichler, “Jay Carney, Despite Evidence, Says Economists Didn’t Know How Bad The Recession Would Get,” The Huffington Post, 12/8/11)

In January 2009, 78 Percent Of Economists Expected GDP To Continue Its Decline. “And a January 2009 survey of more than 100 economists, conducted by the National Association for Business Economics, found that that business conditions overall were the worst in the survey’s 27-year history. At the time, 78 percent of the economists said they expected GDP to keep falling.” (Alexander Eichler, “Jay Carney, Despite Evidence, Says Economists Didn’t Know How Bad The Recession Would Get,” The Huffington Post, 12/8/11)

CBO Director Doug Elmendorf Predicted Unemployment Above 9 Percent. “For example, Douglas Elmendorf, director of the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office, testified before the House Budget Committee on January 27, 2009, that without immediate action, the economy would sag below its potential by nearly 7 percent for the next two years, and that unemployment would exceed 9 percent by early 2010 — something that actually happened four months later, in May 2009.” (Alexander Eichler, “Jay Carney, Despite Evidence, Says Economists Didn’t Know How Bad The Recession Would Get,” The Huffington Post, 12/8/11)

• “Describing This Projected Gap Between Potential And Actual Economic Output, Elmendorf Called It The Largest Shortfall ‘In Terms Of Both Length And Depth … Since The Depression Of The 1930s.’” (Alexander Eichler, “Jay Carney, Despite Evidence, Says Economists Didn’t Know How Bad The Recession Would Get,” The Huffington Post, 12/8/11)

Martin Feldstein: “This Recession Is Likely To Last Longer And Be More Damaging” Than The Great Depression.  “Martin Feldstein, Harvard professor and former economic adviser to Ronald Reagan, wrote in January 2009 that ‘this recession is likely to last longer and be more damaging than any since the depression of the 1930’s.’” (Alexander Eichler, “Jay Carney, Despite Evidence, Says Economists Didn’t Know How Bad The Recession Would Get,” The Huffington Post, 12/8/11)

James Galbraith Compared America’s Condition To “A True Financial Crisis Of The Type In The 1930s.” “And James Galbraith, a left-leaning economist and former executive director of the Joint Economic Committee said, ‘there are many good reasons to think’ that America is in ‘a true financial crisis of the type in the 1930s.’” (Alexander Eichler, “Jay Carney, Despite Evidence, Says Economists Didn’t Know How Bad The Recession Would Get,” The Huffington Post, 12/8/11)

Actually, this turned out to be much more than a two-parter, didn’t it?  Obviously, I underestimated just how bad this OOTD actually was.

Got an Obamateurism of the Day? If you see a foul-up by Barack Obama, e-mail it to me at [email protected] with the quote and the link to the Obamateurism. I’ll post the best Obamateurisms on a daily basis, depending on how many I receive. Include a link to your blog, and I’ll give some link love as well. And unlike Slate, I promise to end the feature when Barack Obama leaves office.

Comments

Thanks to Oslima we have an economic crisis of biblical proportions.Come on 2012

jeffinsjvca on December 15, 2011 at 8:10 AM

I won, nothing else matters

cmsinaz on December 15, 2011 at 8:12 AM

Now if anyone cared other than us!

There goes those pesky FACTS again….

golfmann on December 15, 2011 at 8:13 AM

Off to an interview for an academic job, so I have to laugh along with all the Republicans are Evil jokes. Wish me luck!

Nethicus on December 15, 2011 at 8:14 AM

Wow! Kinda like “50 First Dates,” huh? Every morning The One wakes up with a blank memory, and he can fill it with whatever he wishes. Or whatever is most expedient to say at the time. Or whatever will best help him get re-elected. Or whatever makes him seem to be omniscient. Or omnipotent. Or whatever.

Elric on December 15, 2011 at 8:15 AM

Hang tough neth

cmsinaz on December 15, 2011 at 8:16 AM

I didn’t overpromise. And I didn’t underestimate how tough this was gonna be.

“Yes we can” has morphed into “Why we couldn’t.”

Worst President ever and without exception.

Happy Nomad on December 15, 2011 at 8:16 AM

Racists.

rogerb on December 15, 2011 at 8:17 AM

This is, I think, the 6th OOTD since I’ve registered and already I’ve run out of adjectives to attribute to this imbecilic putz.

Flora Duh on December 15, 2011 at 8:18 AM

Bush’s fault.

vcferlita on December 15, 2011 at 8:19 AM

OT: btw Ed, I’ve not yet received an email about the Townhall/HotAir poll. Have all of the invitations been sent? I also checked my spam/junk box.

Flora Duh on December 15, 2011 at 8:25 AM

I think people are going to be shocked how fast our economy comes back after this worthless pantload is ejected from office next November.

Trillions of dollars are sitting on the sidelines because of Obama’s Banana Republic regime. They won’t invest because of uncertainty in the rules. Obama being the uncertainty.

wildcat72 on December 15, 2011 at 8:25 AM

He told us he ‘knew’ because the car was in the ditch and the repubs won’t stop sippin’ a slurpee and help get it out. He said his porkulus bill, all his czars and money being printed out the wazoo would fix it. Has he got a speech ready since the planet hasn’t started to heal and the oceans are still rising.

Kissmygrits on December 15, 2011 at 8:25 AM

Maybe Obama needs to spend more time golfing.

celtic warrior on December 15, 2011 at 8:26 AM

Nah, he’s just testing the gag reflex on the MSM to make sure everything is in working order for the campaign. We’ll start seeing the halo pictures again soon, along with breathless articles about the creases in his pants and how darn cool he is.

trubble on December 15, 2011 at 8:26 AM

Kissmygrits on December 15, 2011 at 8:25 AM

Bush’s fault.

vcferlita on December 15, 2011 at 8:19 AM

Flora Duh on December 15, 2011 at 8:27 AM

That’s okay, Mitt’s going to make it all better.

Cindy Munford on December 15, 2011 at 8:28 AM

There are good reasons to also disbelieve the claims of this being the the worst economy since the depression. I was around for the Carter – Reagan hand off. Inflation was higher, unemployment was as bad or worse, interest rates on homes were in the double digits and I never heard Reagan say it was Jimmy’s fault.

nazadad on December 15, 2011 at 8:29 AM

John Adams, “Facts are stubborn things.”

BHO: 1) never let facts get in the way of your talking points. Or, 2) don’t like the facts, change them. Or , 3) facts? We don’t need no stinky facts, we got our talking points.

EliTheBean on December 15, 2011 at 8:29 AM

What do you expect; he was half white and half black before he was half black and half white. He was Barry before he was Hussein. We were broke before we were broke-broke.

Yoop on December 15, 2011 at 8:30 AM

Flora Duh on December 15, 2011 at 8:18 AM

We have been dealing with this for almost 3 years :-)

antisocial on December 15, 2011 at 8:31 AM

I usually don’t comment on OOTD threads because, really, what else is there to say most of the time?

This one just makes it pretty obvious that Obama has never in his life been held accountable for his words. He knows he can just say whatever comes to mind and it will be called brilliant. He’s been exaggerating for political expediency for so long that it’s become a habit for him.

Mord on December 15, 2011 at 8:31 AM

Is this guy’s memory that bad? He can’t remember the same lie from one day to the next? He ought to read HA, we could keep him straight.

TWP on December 15, 2011 at 8:32 AM

Flora Duh on December 15, 2011 at 8:25 AM

You’re too young. :)

OldEnglish on December 15, 2011 at 8:32 AM

Kissmygrits on December 15, 2011 at 8:25 AM

The enemy is in driver’s seat. You know those racist, homophobic, evil Tea Partiers delivered the shellacking :-)

antisocial on December 15, 2011 at 8:33 AM

You’re too young. :)

OldEnglish on December 15, 2011 at 8:32 AM

Bless your heart. And I mean that in a most sincere way. :-)

Flora Duh on December 15, 2011 at 8:36 AM

Flora Duh on December 15, 2011 at 8:18 AM

“Imbecilic putz” works just fine. It’s timeless and apt.

Extrafishy on December 15, 2011 at 8:39 AM

Flora Duh on December 15, 2011 at 8:18 AM

Reruns are acceptable when they are good, I Love Lucy is still on isn’t it?

tommy-t on December 15, 2011 at 8:43 AM

I can still see him standing in front of those fake Greek columns at inauguration…Oprah swooning and crying in the background as his throngs of liberal sheeple flatter The One with non-stop applause…promising his hope and change mantra….considering where he has taken this country in just three years…there is something that seems fitting now that his backdrop was those Greek columns…

LaRepublican on December 15, 2011 at 8:46 AM

You know what my Mom used to call me when I said something that wasn’t true? LIAR! See it’s so simple!

lisa fox on December 15, 2011 at 8:47 AM

Obviously, I underestimated just how bad this OOTD actually was.

Obviously, everyone who voted for this moron underestimated just how terrible a president he could be.

St Gaudens on December 15, 2011 at 8:48 AM

There was an alarm every morning at 2 am but this guy kept hitting the snooze and went on dreaming.

Sticky Wicket on December 15, 2011 at 8:49 AM

zer0’s reponse to Kroft (the first quote) is a defensive reaction against criticism of his poor performance. The second quote (the KIRO interview) is more of a rationalization of his poor performance. Two sides of the same coin, IMHO, even if the statements contradict each other.

MisterElephant on December 15, 2011 at 8:49 AM

Jawdropping, sadly enough. This eedjit NEVER fails to boggle my mind.

herm2416 on December 15, 2011 at 8:54 AM

Nethicus on December 15, 2011 at 8:14 AM

Best wishes to you today! Keep us posted!

herm2416 on December 15, 2011 at 8:56 AM

Great, look at all the ammunition Gov. Romney will have to use against The Won. Will he?

Cindy Munford on December 15, 2011 at 9:02 AM

“Yes we can” has morphed into “Why we couldn’t.”

Worst President ever and without exception.

Happy Nomad on December 15, 2011 at 8:16 AM

Haha, I like that!

tinkerthinker on December 15, 2011 at 9:04 AM

Fore!!!!!

Alden Pyle on December 15, 2011 at 9:05 AM

If only America was like China where the government could and would change the record retrospectively to fit the current narrative and restrict access to free press and the internet… wouldn’t that be handy? Ah, Totalitarianism, is there a problem that you can’t solve? If only we were China, Obama would be the best President EVAH!

oddjob on December 15, 2011 at 9:05 AM

This seems more than appropriate for these times.

“If you can’t dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull.”
 W. C. Fields quotes (American Comic and Actor, 1880-1946)

FLconservative on December 15, 2011 at 9:05 AM

60 Minutes was, it appears, on a campaign for ratings. Who, in their right mind, after three years of America’s punishment, thought there was going to be an honest and sincere interview with Mr. Obama? Those of us who watched it (my tv is still miffed over the foul language and objects hurled) knew what was coming and weren’t disappointed, the Obama fan club watched it and swooned.

I have read Hot Air for years, yet never bothered to sign up to comment. While recovering from the childhood trauma of being told by my departed dear old dad, ‘look, you know you’re stupid, and I know you’re stupid, if you keep real quiet the rest of your life, no one else will ever know.’ Obama has wiped that slate clean. Now I’m angry.

NEWRIVERELECTRIC on December 15, 2011 at 9:05 AM

Well, gee, Barry! It wasn’t so bad until you got there!

gepaza on December 15, 2011 at 9:06 AM

Cindy Munford on December 15, 2011 at 9:02 AM

I’m sure that it would hurt obama’s feelings.

tinkerthinker on December 15, 2011 at 9:06 AM

The expiration dates on Teh Wun’s statements just keep getting shorter.

hoofhearted on December 15, 2011 at 9:10 AM

obama can win in 2012 only by massive fraud, but that is his middle name, isn’tn it?

BTW, happy end of ‘military operations in Iraq, with no mention of victory or success’ day. Not.

Steelguitarczarina on December 15, 2011 at 9:13 AM

The contempt Obama shows for American voters grows more startling everyday.

Gig Em’
Perry 2012

workingclass artist on December 15, 2011 at 9:14 AM

wildcat72 on December 15, 2011 at 8:25 AM

Getting rid of him will not change the underlying fundamentals that are keeping the money on the sidelines. Obamacare, over regulation of key industries, tax increases coming and a National Debt to GDP ratio approaching the PIIGS of Europe.

The possibility exists that we can turn it around but I wouldn’t give it much of a probability.

chemman on December 15, 2011 at 9:17 AM

I’ve got to quit reading this stuff….
Causes my brain tumor to act up and my head is about ready to explode….Aaarrrggghhh!!!!

Gremlin Slayer on December 15, 2011 at 9:21 AM

Flora Duh on December 15, 2011 at 8:25 AM

It’s easy to miss. It is from Jonathan Garthwaite, not townhall. That is a big screw up.

katy the mean old lady on December 15, 2011 at 9:24 AM

katy the mean old lady on December 15, 2011 at 9:24 AM

Thanks Katy. Well, if it was sent to my email, I’ve already deleted it. :-(

Flora Duh on December 15, 2011 at 9:32 AM

Don’t argue with an idiot. He will drag you down and beat you with experience.

carpeliberty on December 15, 2011 at 9:32 AM

What’s amazing to me is that people have told me that they voted for this man because he’s so smart. Manipulative, egotistical, great lier, but smart? Meh! I don’t buy it.

Susanboo on December 15, 2011 at 9:32 AM

As far as BO is concerned, the truth is whatever he says it is – and the Obamabots believe every word.

climbnjump on December 15, 2011 at 9:36 AM

“To use a football analogy—I mean, we’re talking about Texas—it’s not who hands you the football and it’s not where the ball is handed to you, it’s what you do with the ball after you have it.

Rick Perry took the ball from Bush and scored an economic touchdown for Texas. Obama took the ball from Bush and fumbled it—repeatedly—giving the other team a chance to score a touchdown…”

Conservative governance works and the Texas Economy continues to prove it with results

Texas has a balanced budget…Jobs…An Upgraded Credit Rating and a Surplus.

Results Matter

Gig Em’
Perry 2012

workingclass artist on December 15, 2011 at 9:37 AM

I find a small bit of comfort in the fact that all those quotes are from the Puffing Host. I mean, when he’s lost them, he’s lost his base. Right?

Now, if only those who pay no attention to politics would wake up and smell the bullsh*t.

Syzygy on December 15, 2011 at 9:39 AM

Obama: I didn’t overpromise. And I didn’t underestimate how tough this

So, let me get this straight.
He didn’t Overpromise AND He didn’t Underestimate.
So he is NEVER wrong, how convienient.

Putz!

D-fusit on December 15, 2011 at 9:41 AM

How to beat Obama

“Take the whine we hear most often from the President: That President George W. Bush handed him a terrible economic situation. As USA Today reported June 2: “[White House spokesman Jay] Carney noted that when Obama took office on Jan. 20, 2009, he faced the worst economy since the Great Depression. Obama also inherited the biggest budget deficits in history, from a Republican President—George W. Bush—who had come into office with budget surpluses.”

A full two and a half years after taking office, Team Obama still blames Bush—for everything except the fall of Adam. Well, there is one other elected chief executive who inherited a Bush economy: Rick Perry​, as governor of Texas. And yet I have never once heard Perry whining that the state would be doing so much better if it hadn’t been for the policies of his predecessor…

Southern Methodist University’s William J. O’Neil Center for Global Markets and Freedom write: “From January 2000 to June 2010 [Perry’s tenure], Texas had a net increase of nearly 1.1 million jobs—more than any other state by far. In fact, Texas’ outsized gains eclipsed the total of the next five job-creating states: Florida, Arizona, Virginia, Utah and Washington.”

More importantly, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that Texas created 129,000 new jobs in 2009—a recession year. That was more than half of all the jobs created in the country.

Would you want to stand before the public in a presidential debate and defend Obama’s record compared with Perry’s?

Not being able to defend his own economic record, or attack Perry’s, Obama would try to paint Perry in a negative light.”

“More than any other potential GOP presidential candidate, President Obama fears Texas Gov. Rick Perry. That’s because Perry is the only one who can devastate virtually any Obama claim.”

A Strong Conservative Successful Executive Record Matters

workingclass artist on December 15, 2011 at 9:48 AM

Well, if it was sent to my email, I’ve already deleted it. :-(

Flora Duh on December 15, 2011 at 9:32 AM

So did I. Guess I won’t be taking the Hot Gas survey, after all.

MisterElephant on December 15, 2011 at 9:52 AM

They say even blind hogs find acorns once and a while.

In Obama’s case, he has yet to say or do anything that has been of benefit to America, or Americans.

Nobody could be that unlucky, and it shows.

When there is a constant, depressing degradation of the economy, jobs, our money, and the anti-terrorist warfare, and a constant stream of, “How Great Am I? Let Me Tell You!” bull crap sliding over the blue lips of the supposed silver-tongued bozo in the president suit, it ought to be looked on as something evil being purposely done to harm us and our country, not like it is being excused by the left-wing media.

dockywocky on December 15, 2011 at 9:53 AM

Susan, we both know that if he was smart, he would have actually taken advantage of what was probably a free ivy league education, instead of letting himself get carried thru it. But, he was smart enough to know he’d never need to actually use it.

Sucka Free by 2013!!!!!!

ps, this is my first day to post, howzabout that Lipschitz Huntsman!

Steelguitarczarina on December 15, 2011 at 9:58 AM

Susanboo

I can’t find anyone who will admit they voted for The One. Their in the state of denial.

angrymike on December 15, 2011 at 10:00 AM

Well, if it was sent to my email, I’ve already deleted it. :-(

Flora Duh on December 15, 2011 at 9:32 AM

So did I. Guess I won’t be taking the Hot Gas survey, after all.

MisterElephant on December 15, 2011 at 9:52 AM

I received a second email today, so you might be lucky yet.

OldEnglish on December 15, 2011 at 10:06 AM

I hope Newt Romney and Mitt Gingrich can save us from this fool.

ktrich on December 15, 2011 at 10:08 AM

Thanks Katy. Well, if it was sent to my email, I’ve already deleted it. :-(

Flora Duh on December 15, 2011 at 9:32 AM

But if you didn’t empty the trash, you still have it.

katy the mean old lady on December 15, 2011 at 10:08 AM

Flora Duh on December 15, 2011 at 8:18 AM

—————————————————————–

I have not seen you use the term ‘SH!THEAD’ yet!

KOOLAID2 on December 15, 2011 at 10:14 AM

Susanboo

angrymike on December 15, 2011 at 10:00 AM

——————————————————————

I have!
But, it is only because they have closed most of the mental health facilities in the State of Michigan….due to lack of money.

KOOLAID2 on December 15, 2011 at 10:18 AM

Remember when Gibbs said Obama didn’t bow to the Saudi king?
He was just bending over to shake his hand.

That’s how this administration feels about us.
They think we’re stupid, uninformed, naive, blinded by BO’s awesomeness.
But isn’t that how Obama got elected?
They counted on enough stupid people to put him in the WH.

After four years of this destructive president it still looks like the WH thinks we’re stupid.
I’m praying that’s not true.

bailey24 on December 15, 2011 at 10:21 AM

This post should be accompanied with the Obama the Clown picture because that is EXACTLY what this doofus is. A.CLOWN.

Sponge on December 15, 2011 at 10:22 AM

I think back to when my beloved MN Twins were in the absolute cellar of baseball in 1986. Tom Kelly took over as interim manager in the last month or so, and with nearly the same squad took the Twins all the way to World Series Champ the very next season in 1987. From worst to first…and not once did he complain about “inheriting” a last place team, or the smallest payroll in baseball, or a shabby stadium, or old spring training facilities, etc, etc. He just put his head down and got to work inspiring his team to be the best they could be and have fun doing it. Why oh why can’t we have a president that acts like that?

Nutstuyu on December 15, 2011 at 10:27 AM

Were 0bama’s lips moving?

Yeah.

jukin3 on December 15, 2011 at 10:35 AM

Two points:

1. This is SOP for leftists – historical revision and erasure of the past is what they do. They count on you being stupid and forgetful, they count on you not remembering what they said the other day, or last month, or last year. It allows them to re-write their narrative as they wish in the manner of the Ministry of Truth in 1984

2. You’ve almost got to feel sorry for Jay Carney having to push the administrations lies and distortions as he does. Well, almost. Then you realise he voluntarily took the position – he chooses to do what he does.

martin.hale on December 15, 2011 at 10:37 AM

Barack Hoover Obama misunderestimated how tough the job was.

Steve Z on December 15, 2011 at 10:44 AM

A clear manifestation of Liberal Mental Illness (LMI) is that comments are only valid until they open their pie hole again.

Rude Ram on December 15, 2011 at 10:59 AM

What Obama is saying is that he didn’t know that Keynesian fixes and cronyism would not turn the economy around. He didn’t know that being an economic illiterate surrounding himself with Keynesians would be a problem.

irishlad317 on December 15, 2011 at 11:10 AM

Forgive me if this has been said already but wouldn’t the title ‘Hot Gas’ be more appropriately applied to dear leader than to this site? I mean really now, has anyone ever seen so much spewed forth from one individual? Perhaps the EPA could stop killing our business’ for a while and regulate his mouth.

manyears on December 15, 2011 at 11:29 AM

Does Jake Carney know (or care) how stupid, brainless, ignorant, uninformed, supercilious, and generally all around dumb he appears when he aligns himself with the know-nothing natterings of people like Pelosi, Reid and Wassserman-Schultz? Or is he merely aping the ignorance of Obama’s speechwriting zombies to ingratiate himself with his boss?

Bernfp on December 15, 2011 at 11:31 AM

This is a president who, upon his [Lord willing] defeat in 2012, will leave office, not with 48 months of experience being president, but with one month of experience repeated 48 times.

AZfederalist on December 15, 2011 at 11:33 AM

Obama, the lightweaver and lifegiver –

“Truth (and Reality) is what I say it is. Next question.”

Sir Napsalot on December 15, 2011 at 11:33 AM

I guess this is the Democrats way of distancing themselves from Jon Corzine. Biden even made a comment about how they sought out Jon to help with the stimulus plan. Maybe they are referring to him as a “non-economist”. Would that make Jon responsible for now $2T ($1.2 from MF and $0.8T for the stim) missing money?

djaymick on December 15, 2011 at 11:55 AM

Nethicus on December 15, 2011 at 8:14 AM

LMAO – Go get ’em bro!!

Drop a few lines about climatechange, blame Bush for the economy, and tell ’em Nancy Pelosi is your personal hero.

You’ll be a lock!

Tim_CA on December 15, 2011 at 12:12 PM

How could he not know? Bush had a transition team meeting with both McCain & Obama before the election.

Obama knew.

He and Democrats took a two year detour to ram through Obamacare while the economy was in flames.

Obama knew.

TN Mom on December 15, 2011 at 12:15 PM

Accountability is indignant.

Schadenfreude on December 15, 2011 at 12:20 PM

Obama didn’t read the e-mails.

UnrepentantCurmudgeon on December 15, 2011 at 1:24 PM

Ronald Reagan inherited a far worse economy than Obowma received; Reagan dealt with 20% mortgage interest rates, 10% U3 unemployment, a general malaise, to quote Carter, Iran hostage crisis, energy crisis causing all time high gasoline prrices, oil embargo (with fuel tankers filled sitting off out west coast) all led by the 2nd worst president in American history, Jimmah Carter and now overtaken by Obowma, THE WORST PRESIDENT IN AMERICAN HISTORY.

dthorny on December 15, 2011 at 3:00 PM

How can anyone feel sorry for Jay Carney? He voluntarily took the job and knew what to expect. Remember, he did work for Time magazine so he wasn’t exactly unbiased.

dthorny on December 15, 2011 at 3:03 PM

Obama didn’t read the e-mails.

UnrepentantCurmudgeon on December 15, 2011 at 1:24 PM

Seemingly, neither did Holder. Hmmmmm….

chai on December 15, 2011 at 3:16 PM

This is simply yet another subliminal blame Bush message. “He never told us how bad it REALLY was.”

(BTW, who is exactly is us ?)

kmid219 on December 15, 2011 at 3:38 PM

FORE!!! I love playing golf in Asia

MrStabone on December 15, 2011 at 4:03 PM

“And I didn’t underestimate how tough this was going to be” means he did overestimate how easy this was going to be which means he was never qualified to be President in the first place

B-rad on December 15, 2011 at 5:24 PM

King Obama needs another czar specializing in keeping lies straight.

bentleyla on December 15, 2011 at 6:31 PM