New Perry ad: “Momentum”

posted at 9:42 pm on December 13, 2011 by Allahpundit

If he shocks the world in Iowa, you know what that’ll mean? It’ll mean the Hot Gas reader poll was a leading indicator of his surge.

The new Insider Advantage poll has him back to third place in the state, up six points from November and just four points behind Paul for second. If Gingrich says something stupid in the next three weeks — the risk of which is always very real — we could see the craziest caucus night in modern political history. And despite months of setbacks, Perry’s going all out to try to make it happen:

Rick Perry has a reputation as a campaigner in Texas: He’s dangerous, but even more dangerous when he’s down. The next three weeks in Iowa will present him with the ultimate underdog challenge as he undertakes a last-ditch, massive effort to save his presidential bid.

Wednesday marks the beginning of a 14-day, 42-city bus tour that will see the Texas governor traverse the Hawkeye State, logging more than 1,000 miles as he strives to regain his standing among the top tier of candidates for the GOP nomination…

Perry, the candidate who has never lost an election, has one more trick up his sleeve: the so-called Strike Force.

Starting in late December, between 500 and 700 volunteers, predominantly from Texas, will descend on Iowa to help get out Perry’s message. These volunteers will have paid their own way, and will help supplement an already strong network of supporters Perry has established in the state. The result may be an ability to out-organize most of the competition, bringing the same intensity and extensive voter contact that President Obama did in 2008.

He’s been needling Romney about his wealth and that moronic $10,000 bet offer too to make a play for blue-collar Iowans. Here’s the ad plus the irresistible/obligatory new “bad lip-reading” clip. If you can spare the time, I also want you to watch the clip Perry made for Ben Howe of Red State talking about veterans and his military service. In a sea of soundbites and talking points, it stands out for its intimacy and sincerity.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Flora Duh
Give me a break. My mother and her entire family were from Alabama. I spent all my summer vacations as a kid in Alabama. My original ancestors on my mother’s side were Irish convicts sent to the penal colony in Georgia. I am about as anti-Southern as Stonewall Jackson.

The “TeeVee thangs” is just of way of illustrating that I do not consider Rick Perry to be the sharpest knife in the drawer, that’s all.

Even up here in the Sandhills of Nebraska we have people who say “TeeVee” and “thangs.” My father and all my ancestors on that side were from Nebraska. Am I, therefore, also anti-Great Plains?

You Perry folks need to get youse some skin thicker than a gnat’s behind.

Horace on December 13, 2011 at 10:43 PM

Definitely comeback! He’s also up in the ARG poll. He’s going to do this. Love that Ben Howe interview. Perry is a good man.

kerrhome on December 13, 2011 at 10:44 PM

Good ad. I love the way they added those Obama hanging his head clips.

Flora Duh on December 13, 2011 at 10:05 PM

Me too, I actually was giggling at how over the top it was– still loved it though.

thurman on December 13, 2011 at 10:45 PM

I like Perry. I just don’t like this ad. It is too contrived. Too defensive. Like Rush says: nobody ever won anything be defending him/her self or some position. To hell with the comeback BS. Tell us where you plan to go from here, Gov. Perry.

minnesoter on December 13, 2011 at 10:45 PM

He’s also a huge proponent of BI-NATIONAL health insurance. He’s Open Borders there are just no two ways around it.

PappyD61 on December 13, 2011 at 10:28 PM

No. That myth has been debunked many many times already. Please do not perpetuate myths. It’s fine with me if you don’t like Perry, but please base your preferences on facts. I would say the same thing to anyone who was spreading myths about Mrs. Bachmann.

The bi-national health insurance study was to explore the possibility of changing laws to allow private insurance companies to offer health policies that would be valid on both sides of the border. It would be free market private health insurance.

juliesa on December 13, 2011 at 10:45 PM

They say it is Perry.

astonerii on December 13, 2011 at 10:43 PM

Really? How many of these “theys” are there? 1? 2?

juliesa on December 13, 2011 at 10:48 PM

“Elite snobbery?”
You should have gone with the classic, “Effete corps of impudent snobs” a la Spiro Agnew.

Pretty hard to be an elite snob when both my parents were eighth grade graduates, my father was a farmer, WWII vet and a mechanic. My Alabama ancestors were sharecroppers. My paternal ancestors were uneducated Eastern European peasants. And I grew up in a strictly blue collar home.

Nothing “elitist” about using humor to show that I do not consider Rick Perry to be all that bright. And he has given everyone plenty of evidence to demonstrate that he is not.

Elitist? Here’s elitist for ya – Mangez-moi. Yeah, I was learned French in college, too.

Horace on December 13, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Get’em, Gov Perry!!!!

purgatory on December 13, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Fine. Let’s assume Rick Perry really, really does love the 10th Amendment. What else makes him a small government conservative? What makes him tick? What tells him that this is right and that is wrong?

aryeung on December 13, 2011 at 10:13 PM

Perry stuck it to the trial lawyers and unions. When the lawyers and union folks hate your guts, you’re doing something right.

IcedTea on December 13, 2011 at 10:50 PM

kerrhome on December 13, 2011 at 10:44 PM

Truly. I’m sure you saw that veterans video, with all the vets endorsing him? It’s very moving, especially the long version.

juliesa on December 13, 2011 at 10:50 PM

Joffen on December 13, 2011 at 9:51 PM

What a helpful comment. You must be new here. I hope you are able to add to the discussion more than this would indicate.

DrMagnolias on December 13, 2011 at 10:51 PM

IcedTea on December 13, 2011 at 10:50 PM

That’s right, the trial lawyers HATE him. They’ve spent many millions of dollars against him. He’s taken away a huge amount of their business.

juliesa on December 13, 2011 at 10:52 PM

juliesa on December 13, 2011 at 10:38 PM

These guys just moved in. They are huge:

kg598301 on December 13, 2011 at 10:53 PM

aryeung on December 13, 2011 at 10:13 PM

Two words: Ponzi scheme. As in, social security is a _________ ________.

Yeah, someone running for president actually came out and told the truth!

IcedTea on December 13, 2011 at 10:53 PM

You Perry folks need to get youse some skin thicker than a gnat’s behind.

Horace on December 13, 2011 at 10:43 PM

I’m a “Perry folk”? Gee, that’s news to me. Care to show me what I’ve said that made you come to that brilliant conclusion? As evidenced by some of your other comments, you are nothing but a crude boor, who thinks ridiculing others makes you look “cool” in front of the other kids.

Flora Duh on December 13, 2011 at 10:53 PM

I’ll vote for whoever the republican nominee is in the general, but I think conservative republicans would be making a huge error if they back Gingrich or Romney because of Perry’s perceived and real weaknesses. Perry has a solid record of allowing markets to work because he understands that government is a hinderance to individuals pursuing their goals. Perry may come across as a bumbler, but he’s finding his legs and he is doing it the right way by stressing conservatism. Romney and Gingrich are more intelligent, but Perry dwarfs them in terms of sound judgment. Having said that, if Gingrich or Romney are the nominee I’ll give them the middle finger and pull the lever for them.

Spirit Crusher on December 13, 2011 at 10:53 PM

Rick Perry is definitely the quintessential Come-Back Kid. He was GREAT on Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace and spoke with confidence and knowledge about all the issues, in spite of old Chris trying to get a “Gotcha.” It’s time for conservative voters to coalesce around the only truly viable candidate, and that’s Rick Perry. He will get better in these crappy debate formats, and he will ultimately defeat Obama.
Welcome back, Governor! Perry – 2012

nancysabet on December 13, 2011 at 10:54 PM

chasdal on December 13, 2011 at 10:10 PM

It was a naked appeal to the Socon vote. Nothing more and nothing less. This year it is all about getting people back to work. I am a Christian and he cannot go wrong professing his Christianity, but that cannot be his main selling point. (See Santorum and Michelle Bachmann.)

Southernblogger on December 13, 2011 at 10:55 PM

Which freeway do I take to Iowa? I’m coming baby… oops I mean Perry!

southernms on December 13, 2011 at 10:55 PM

aryeung on December 13, 2011 at 10:09 PM

It is purely political strategy, and it is bad strategy.

Southernblogger on December 13, 2011 at 10:57 PM

Really? How many of these “theys” are there? 1? 2?

juliesa on December 13, 2011 at 10:48 PM

To be honest. I rarely keep track of names. I look at the argument, not the person delivering it. It could be one, might be as high as three. I’ll point it out if I see the argument again.

Anyone (R) can look like a dream conservative by being the governor of a state like Texas. That is why I look at where he has worked so hard as to expend political capital.

In 2003 George Bush saw the GSEs as a problem in the housing market. I came out with an argument they needed to be reformed. He expended almost no political capital to push that through congress and to his desk. Anyone doubt that if he had put some effort behind it that the financial crisis would have been far less damaging to our nation?

Now then, I have asked this repeatedly, and I got one answer so far, what has Perry pushed as the Governor that took courage, expended his political capital, and put him at risk as Governor?

The answer that I have gotten so far is TORT reform. Is there anything else that I can use as a reference as to how hard the man will fight to bring good changes to our nation? If he has argued it in a commercial, that does not count, I am talking about actually getting things done against the grain that are factually conservative.

I lived there, I do not recall much. Maybe you can step up and prevail where every other Perry supporter has failed. Prove to me that the man has the spine to actually go up against the progressive media and democratic congresscritters as well as the big government statist republicans in our party, and you can convert me.

I am sick and tired of compassionate conservatism. Perry has shown he is extremely compassionate. Heartless and EO STD vaccines for little girls as an example. Show me that I will not be fighting him tooth and nail to stop partial amnesty for illegals or worse and that he is not going to go on some freaking anti cancer crusade while in office.

astonerii on December 13, 2011 at 11:01 PM

I could have got behind Perry until he actually started campaigning (and debating). The fact that his performances in the last couple debates have been praised so highly only says that if you set the bar low enough, just about anything can be called a success. Every time he speaks, I find myself asking the TV “what in the world is he trying to say???”. Now to his credit, by the time he finishes his rambling answers I usually can piece together what he was trying to say, and in fact I generally agree with I think he says, but basic communication skills are a pre-requisite for me in a presidential candidate.

gotsig on December 13, 2011 at 11:02 PM

That Red State clip is very impressive; thanks for adding it.

GaltBlvnAtty on December 13, 2011 at 11:02 PM

…with what I think he says.

I vote for the edit button too…

gotsig on December 13, 2011 at 11:04 PM

Great ad. Rick Perry making a comeback. Please check the polls from 2008. McCain was in fourth at this time. Polls are never correct.

rightview on December 13, 2011 at 11:04 PM

Flora Duh
Creepers Jeepers! All I did was respond to your original accusations that that I am some kind of Alyinskite and I become a “crude boor?” Not just a boor, mind you, but a “crude” boor. And looking “cool” to the other kids in class is difficult at age 63. Might still have been possible in my undergrad and post-graduate years but, trust me, not anymore.

Your classiness and temperance are almost equal to those of Juliesea – “STFU, you GD bigot!”

Such language. As Jack Benny used to say, “Well!”

Horace on December 13, 2011 at 11:06 PM

…with what I think he says.

I vote for the edit button too…

gotsig on December 13, 2011 at 11:04 PM

Most of us can fill in blanks. Many of the posters here use cell phones to post it seems. So, we get used to reading imperfect sentences. But its good you care to ensure accuracy.

I never seem to separate my yours and you’re heh heh..

astonerii on December 13, 2011 at 11:06 PM

Perry has the conservatism of Bachman and Santorum, the electability of Huntsman and Romney in a general, the federalist credentials of Ron Paul and the most executive governing experience and record of economic success of anyone running. It’s really a no brainer who the best candidate it, and, God willing, Republicans will realize this and give him an upset in Iowa.

The situation is very fluid and I think Perry is going to knock the apple cart over.

Malachi45 on December 13, 2011 at 11:08 PM

astonerii on December 13, 2011 at 11:06 PM

posting from my cracked Droid is really annoying, I often leave out entire words in my posts. I type sentences the way Perry speaks them (I say that in jest, I actually want Perry to give Romney and Newt a run for their money).

Daemonocracy on December 13, 2011 at 11:10 PM

Thank you, all those supporting Gov. Perry and those with kind comments on this thread.

I sincerely believe that conservatives will see through the attempts to impugn the intelligence of Gov. Perry, probably the most qualified candidate in the race – and support him to victory.

America will be great again!

TheRightMan on December 13, 2011 at 11:12 PM

Horace on December 13, 2011 at 11:06 PM

Yes, we should all take lessons on classiness from you.

I see no reason why I could not be friends with any babe, chick or broad.

And it is especially nice to have such a friend when pants need ironin’ or dinner needs cookin’.

Horace on December 13, 2011 at 10:34 PM

Flora Duh on December 13, 2011 at 11:13 PM

Perry is the best candidate by far! And he has a history of huge comebacks! It’s a mistake to count him out, if he wins Iowa and there is a big chance he will, all of the momantum will be with him, and he had the organization to go all the way! Remember henaver lost an election yet, because people like someone who is authentic and genuine and thats exactly what he is! Go Perry!

Nathan NY on December 13, 2011 at 11:17 PM

America will be great again!

TheRightMan on December 13, 2011 at 11:12 PM

Great post. Cheers :)

astonerii on December 13, 2011 at 11:19 PM

America will be great again!

TheRightMan on December 13, 2011 at 11:12 PM

I don’t throw someone to the vultures just because he has a few missteps. A man is measured by his record because that record affects people in real ways, and Perry has a record that any conservative can be confident in. I’m looking forward to Perry showing primary voters that he can weather being dismissed as a fool and still hold his head up high and argue for the right things.

Spirit Crusher on December 13, 2011 at 11:22 PM

Flora Duh
Cute, disengenious, but dishonest.

You left out the last line in that posting – “I don’t think my daughter, Rachel, reads this blog, but if she did, she would be after old Dad with a gun.”

i.e. My daughter would not like reading such foolish nonsense.

One cannot have a 30 year old daughter and really mean such stuff. Is humor really that far beyond you? You’re missing out on alot of fun if it is.

Horace on December 13, 2011 at 11:28 PM

This is a great ad!

NbyNW on December 13, 2011 at 11:29 PM

If Perry makes a real comeback I won’t be sad at all.

BTW, what’s up with the people who keep bringing up the Trans Corridor and Gardisil stuff? With everything else we’re dealing with, doesn’t it seem a little silly at this point?

I know some of you really want a “true” conservative. In a perfect world that would be nice, but we have no way of knowing if Michele is one or not because she’s never governed anything. Talk is great, and I love red meat as much as anyone, but there has to be something more.

Galadriel on December 13, 2011 at 11:29 PM

OPEN LETTER TO OUR PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES:

Dear Lady and Gentlemen:

I beseech you to at once coalesce behind a single conservative candidate and the rest drop out. If your own egos keep you from doing that, ain’t no big deal, your children and grandchildren get to enjoy the pain from your own self-love, i.e., Obama for another four and a great nation gone forever. How’s that feel, by the way?

I appreciate the fact that each of you think you bring to the table what the nation needs at this moment in time, else you wouldn’t be running, and I love your spirit. But, time’s running out. If you give a damn about your family and your friends and country, put yourself aside for a few minutes. Go outside and look at the sky and the moon and the stars, look at the ground beneath your feet, look up at the lights coming from the windows of your house and try to hear those little voices and pattering feet from your kids once again.

Call a meeting, get together, do what the Founding Fathers did. Put country before self. We face today that same, if not worse, moment of decision.

TXUS on December 13, 2011 at 11:29 PM

Here in south central Texas we are experiancing a major oil boom. Something this country has never seen before. Say what you want, Texans are doing perty well compared with the liberal east. Don’t sell Perry short, he is the best of the rest.

ptu on December 13, 2011 at 11:33 PM

Galadriel on December 13, 2011 at 11:29 PM

We had a compassionate conservative already once. He was too interested in getting minorities into houses they could not afford to expend any political capital in fixing Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, even though he called for the reforms, a few weeks later he had completely ended that effort. Rick Perry shows every bit as much compassionate conservativeness that Bush had, and the Gardasill EO is part and parcel to that compassion. That is why it has relevance.

Your follow on about all that we are dealing with. Well, we would not be dealing with it today if the compassionate conservatism of Bush would have faced down the GSE’s in 2003 and brought the housing bubble down at a time when the damage would have been far less. If you did not learn any lessons from 2001 to 2009, I pity your life.

astonerii on December 13, 2011 at 11:36 PM

Cute, disengenious, but dishonest.

i.e. My daughter would not like reading such foolish nonsense.

Horace on December 13, 2011 at 11:28 PM

I’m quite humorous, as I think others here who have come to know me in the week I have been here will tell you. And I can fling zingers and snark with the best of them. I just don’t think it is humorous to ridicule an entire demographic region of the country that is important to the election to try to score points. Apparently, you do. I was simply stating my opinion of your comments, the same way you stated your opinion about the Governor’s ad.

And btw, I have a daughter too. 4 of them actually. Ages 37 to 27. Yeah, I’m that old.

Flora Duh on December 13, 2011 at 11:41 PM

This is only one of the 2 ads Perry released today.

I like “Politically Correct”

Heh

And while I am at it, this one is making the rounds, too

The comeback has well and truly begun.

redneck hippie on December 13, 2011 at 11:42 PM

While watching the Redstate video, I started off thinking of how he compared to the other Republican candidates. I ended up thinking about how he compares to our glorious, historic Dear Leader. More specifically, the upbringing which leads to love of country. The contrast is stunning. On one hand, you have a man from a patriotic background that understands the sacrifices involved in defending this country and the freedoms it offers. On the other hand, you have the little dope smoking Alinskyite who was surrounded by commies and marxists who hate all America stands for. A fool who prefers the Occupoopers to the job and wealth creators. A misguided creation of the media that ranks Ayers over Reagan.

I haven’t decided on a candidate yet. None are perfect. But if the Rick Perry in this video starts coming out in future debates and ads, a comeback is very possible.

BR549 on December 13, 2011 at 11:46 PM

Flora Duh
“Yeah, I’m that old.”

Well, then you, too, understand the thrill of waking up in the morning and one or more body parts ache for now apparent reason. Glad you are in the club.

As I said, I am southern on the maternal side, so I had no intention of denigrating southerners.

I’m not for Perry – you apparently are. Let’s agree to disagree, OK?

And remember, Ibuprofen is a senior’s best friend. Cheers.

Horace on December 13, 2011 at 11:49 PM

I’m not for Perry – you apparently are. Let’s agree to disagree, OK?

And remember, Ibuprofen is a senior’s best friend. Cheers.

Horace on December 13, 2011 at 11:49 PM

No, actually I’m not. I’ve not yet chosen my horse for this race. But yes, no hard feelings.

As for the Ibuprofen, I can’t take it because of my blood pressure meds, so it’s Tylenol for me. :-)

Flora Duh on December 13, 2011 at 11:53 PM

astonerii on December 13, 2011 at 11:36 PM

How does Rick Perry show “every bit as much compassionate conservativeness” as Bush? Gardasil? In state tuition? is that it? Surely you aren’t going to base the man’s entirety on two issues. He is solidly pro-gun, pro-life, has fought the feds on a number of issues including Obamacare, signed tort reform into law, and has some very conservative pro capitalist programs he wants to enact. I don’t think you are fairly portraying the man.

Malachi45 on December 13, 2011 at 11:54 PM

BR549 on December 13, 2011 at 11:46 PM

I agree Perry can and most likely will make a comeback, he has been my second choice in all the (Hot Gas Polls). My first choice was Palin and mind you if she changes her mind she will have my vote, but as of now I’m in for Perry!

abupundit on December 14, 2011 at 12:01 AM

TXUS on December 13, 2011 at 11:29 PM

Amen.

Faith on December 14, 2011 at 12:04 AM

Quoting a random guy from Redstate?

I thought the campaign was going to quote Anita next.

“He definitely won the debate and he is awesome” – Anita Perry

swamp_yankee on December 13, 2011 at 10:08 PM

Romney could quote his wife Ann saying, “Anyone who does vote for my husband is stupid.”

NbyNW on December 14, 2011 at 12:06 AM

Um, Yes They Do. I keep challenging them on it. They say it is Perry.

astonerii on December 13, 2011 at 10:43 PM

I don’t. And Perry himself doesn’t. He knows it’s his governing and the Texas legislature’s governing that has allowed the Texas economy to thrive by getting out of the way. That’s why he says he wants to make government as inconsequential in our lives as possible.

NbyNW on December 14, 2011 at 12:23 AM

He has kinda lost momentum; Bachmann just surged past him in the polls

Bachmann Surges In Iowa

conservativeBC on December 14, 2011 at 1:48 AM

aryeung on December 13, 2011 at 10:13 PM

We don’t have to “assume” that Perry “loves” the tenth — he wrote an entire book on the subject! Fed Up! is ALL about states’ rights. Sheesh. What makes him think “this is right and this is wrong”? Um, you do know that he has a 10+ year record to look into, right? The Constitution for one thing, the things he learned in the Boy Scouts (he wrote a whole book about them, too), the things he learned in the military, and his faith.

Aslans Girl on December 14, 2011 at 1:49 AM

IcedTea on December 13, 2011 at 10:50 PM

Amen. :) :) :)

Theophile on December 14, 2011 at 2:58 AM

It’s high time for conservatives to give Rick Perry a second look. How is it that Newt is surging in all the polls when he is to the LEFT of Rick Perry? Come on people, PLEASE reconsider Rick Perry. He’s the best candidate we’ve got in this race.

Jack_Burton on December 14, 2011 at 3:43 AM

Perry: The EPA lawsuit to rollback regulations, the AZ immigration lawsuit currently before the Supreme Court. Medicaid mandates. I lose count of the fights he has initiated or joined to push back government control. A man with the courage of his convictions.

I hope Perry is the last man standing. He’s the only one I want in my foxhole.

eaglesdontflock on December 14, 2011 at 3:54 AM

Been tryin’ ta’ tell y’all.

I think some heads here are gonna’ be splodin’.

cozmo on December 13, 2011 at 9:46 PM

And I’ll be doing the “happy dance” ;)

Aslans Girl on December 14, 2011 at 4:12 AM

This is a good, 30 minute interview Perry did with IA television the other day, worth watching:

Aslans Girl on December 14, 2011 at 5:35 AM

Ok ok we ALL know he sad hot gas…. Geesh. Perry is still the best candidate. Republicans demand for the perfect candidate that does not exist and how they eat their own sure makes it easy for the Dems/libs/Regressives to get their completely unqualified beyond baggage carrying candidates elected with ease…. Ie Obama. Keep up the bloodbath kids and watch Obama sail into the white house to REALLY do some damage!

chillybluecat on December 14, 2011 at 5:47 AM

Comeback? comeback? just tell me when dude arrives ok?

HerneTheHunter on December 14, 2011 at 6:25 AM

Rick Perry is truly the best candidate, our best hope to save America from the socialist progressives. Rick Perry, a decade of proven consistent conservative values and governing.

Go Rick Perry 2012

bzip on December 14, 2011 at 6:32 AM

Perry would have been great, if only he wasn’t less coherent and less articulate than even GW Bush or pro-illegal alien amnesty. Nevertheless, if Perry’s the nominee, he’d have my support, though Romney would give Obama a much tougher fight. Unfortunately, Perry comes off like a buffoon and is like a gift to comedians. Get ready to hear “dumber than both Sarah Palin and GW Bush” over and over from Dems and the media if Perry is the nominee. Sadly, Perry would be SO easy to ridicule and caricature in a general election campaign. Why wasn’t Santorum given more attention? That is something I don’t understand. He has a more consistent conservative record than Perry, and he can at least form proper sentences and not sound like a 4th-grade dropout.

bluegill on December 14, 2011 at 6:54 AM

I’m ready! And maybe it’s also time to get ready to have a little backbone instead of allowing our vote to be manipulated by the media. Check out the article here, they have done this to every Republican ticket for decades, and that will never change.

kg598301 on December 14, 2011 at 7:24 AM

Perry’s a small government conservative?
aryeung on December 13, 2011 at 9:57 PM

Hahahahahahaha!!!!! Go ahead, take another giant spoonful of the Bullcrap Perry is feeding people. Anyone who thinks Perry is the second coming of conservatism hasn’t done their homework. Deeply embedded cronyism, nanny statism, and hispandering using taxpayer money is and never will be a positive measure for conservatism. Rick’s a fraud, pure and simple. Rick can spend every penny of big donor crony money he has at his disposal, but it won’t change his shady record here in Texas.

Fletch54 on December 14, 2011 at 7:37 AM

Horace on December 13, 2011 at 10:43 PM

Just sayin’….you might want to give this schtick a rest. I’m a Georgia hoosier and this really sounds condescending and is not going to win you any arguments for your side- agree or disagree.

Flora Duh….you said it all better than I could!

hoosierma on December 14, 2011 at 7:45 AM

“it won’t change his shady record here in Texas.”
Fletch54 on December 14, 2011 at 7:37 AM

I’m a native Texan and I live in Texas and you’re full of it. Hate to disappoint you but we have strict open records laws down here and a pitbull Atty. Gen. Abbott that nobody wants to tango with. Perry keeps getting elected cause he does his job well.

Good Luck on the Bus Tour Governor.

Gig Em’
Perry 2012

workingclass artist on December 14, 2011 at 7:54 AM

Reuters new national poll out this morning… Perry’s got 12%, woohoo! That’s a huge jump in his national polling :D

He’s tied for third with Paul.

Aslans Girl on December 14, 2011 at 8:00 AM

The problem is that it would be a legitimate criticism of Perry and would define Perry to the point of overshadowing any of his policy positions. Perry does appear to me to be far less intelligent/sharp than both Sarah Palin and GW Bush. Palin and Bush are inarticulate, but Perry seems like he has a learning/mental disability. At the very least, he does not seem like presidential material. A good guy, yes, but someone to lead our nation? Not so sure. Perry’s debate performances have been beyond embarrassing, and it wasn’t just one or two mistakes… it was a constant series of shocking flops. High school senior debaters could do a better job making the case against Obama than Perry has been able to do. Having said that, I would still vote for Perry over Obama.

Why not go for Santorum? Is it just because he hasn’t been a governor? Why are you so fixated on an incapable candidate like Perry?

bluegill on December 14, 2011 at 8:04 AM

workingclass artist on December 14, 2011 at 7:54 AM

Open records? Lol! Good, then Rick won’t mind opening all the books on his pay to play crony deals using taxpayer money. I’m sure he won’t mind letting the public pull all the threads in his TEF/ETF bad gambles for jobs. Abbott’s an honorable man- too bad he’s now caught up fighting defense in Texas for Perry’s legislature machine doing clumsy re-districting schemes.

Do your homework, Aggie.

Fletch54 on December 14, 2011 at 8:08 AM

Unfortunately, he can’t communicate.

stenwin77 on December 14, 2011 at 8:15 AM

He has a real shot not only to win Iowa, but the nomination…

If you look at Reuters Poll:

Gingrich 28
Romney 18
Perry 12
Paul 12
Bachman 10
Huntsman 5
Santorum 4

When Santorum and Bachman drop out, most of that vote will go to Perry…

Say Perry gets 80% of that vote that about another 11% putting him well over 20%…

MGardner on December 14, 2011 at 8:27 AM

Fletch54 on December 14, 2011 at 7:37 AM

You is funny. Not very smart, but funny. Sticking with all the old and busted Perry hatin’ cheers. Even the average Perry haters gave up on those a long time ago.

Do your homework, Aggie.

Fletch54 on December 14, 2011 at 8:08 AM

At least I’m an Aggie. I take you may be Tea sipper…figures.

cozmo on December 14, 2011 at 8:34 AM

bluegill on December 14, 2011 at 8:04 AM

Personally, I find Santorum annoying. He harps on social issues and this is the wrong election cycle for that- almost sounds as if he’d legislate morality if he could. Comes off to me as whiny and self- righteous, and I’m a conservative Christian. He lost his Senate seat in PA as well, but continues to talk about how much they love him.

As for Perry, I believe he is the best man for the job. I live in Texas and would love to see the business and low-reg environment he has helped to foster here in place all across our country, and he will do it. That doesn’t make me “fixated” btw. lol

kg598301 on December 14, 2011 at 8:34 AM

kg598301 on December 14, 2011 at 8:34 AM

All legislation is a legislation of morality–it is what people (some) believe ought to be.

DrMagnolias on December 14, 2011 at 8:38 AM

Do your homework, Aggie.

Fletch54 on December 14, 2011 at 8:08 AM

Nail that Jello

workingclass artist on December 14, 2011 at 8:53 AM

Please Iowa, you have to choose Rick Perry!

NWA Conservative on December 14, 2011 at 9:29 AM

Rick Perry will get results if elected. He’s my governor, and things are really great here compared to most other areas of the country. I am very concerned about him debating Obama though. It was painful watching the totally unprepared McCain bumble through his debate answers, and I don’t want to see that again. I admit that I was shocked watching RP struggle in the debates. I’ve never seen him flinch the entire time that he’s been governor here.

texascan on December 14, 2011 at 9:43 AM

DrMagnolias on December 14, 2011 at 8:38 AM

Whatever. Santorum grates on me. It’s nothing personal, I’m sure he’s a good man but I was asked why I don’t support him and that’s why.

kg598301 on December 14, 2011 at 9:48 AM

Thank you for saying that.

I know we’re all discouraged by the slate of candidates as a whole, but for me I can honestly say that I will be proud to vote for Perry.

Y-not on December 14, 2011 at 10:55 AM

Personally, I don’t like Perry. He reminds me too much of Rufus Scrimgeour- all talk, swagger, and blaming other people, no action. He’s willing to take the hard stances people think we need to take, but he’s not willing to do the things that need to be done. He’s more concerned about looking like he’s doing things, and not worried enough about doing the right things. That can be a very, very dangerous quality in a President.

Mind you, anything would be better than the sock puppet we’ve got in the White House now.

(Does anyone else think President Obama is under the Imperius curse, or is it just me?)

LunaLovegood on December 14, 2011 at 11:18 AM

Perry is a Southern Democrat. That is why he appears conservative yet can act Liberal. He is a politician and has been running for and been in office for way too long for me to feel comfortable with him as the President. He may sound dumb but I think he is a smooth operating politico and will grease whatever needs to be greased to win.

As far as Texas, the system was set up in such a way that even an Obama Governorship could not have screwed it up. If you get my gist.

I do believe, however, that the race will be between Romney and Perry. I think Newt will fizzle after Iowa.

uhangtight on December 14, 2011 at 12:11 PM

Having gorged itself with flip-flops, the AntiPerry has no room for this delicacy.

It has to search for a suitable place to bury the hypocrisy.

rukiddingme on December 14, 2011 at 11:21 PM