Newt promises he won’t cheat on Callista as president

posted at 4:25 pm on December 12, 2011 by Tina Korbe

Earlier this summer, Newt Gingrich passed on the opportunity to sign The Family Leader Marriage Vow, which asks political candidates to commit to take specific actions to support traditional marriage upon election. Gingrich didn’t object to the pledge so fiercely as Mitt Romney, whose campaign staffers called parts of the pledge “undignified and inappropriate,” but the former House Speaker did suggest he thought the pledge could use some tweaking. At the time, at least one pundit jokingly speculated that Gingrich didn’t like the inclusion of the phrase “personal fidelity to my spouse.”

Turns out, he’s on board with that. The GOP frontrunner finally officially responded to The Family Leader executive board’s long-ago invitation to him to sign the pledge. He didn’t actually sign it, but, in a letter, he says that, as president, he would (a) support a federal marriage amendment, (b) ensure no taxpayer dollars go to fund abortions either at home or abroad and (c) fight for conscience protections for healthcare providers … among other things.

But the most interesting sentence of Gingrich’s letter comes at the end of the second paragraph.

“I also pledge to uphold the institution of marriage through personal fidelity to my spouse and respect for the marital bonds of others,” Gingrich writes.

Call me crazy, but I thought marriage vows were supposed to be all the pledge a person needed to make to reassure a potential partner — and any interested onlookers — of fidelity. (That was actually the valid objection Romney made to the pledge in the first place.) Then again, in light of recent increased scrutiny of Gingrich’s past affairs (and, most notably, attacks from the long-married Mitt), perhaps this explicit expression of faithfulness is savvy.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Let me type slower for you. I wasn’t talking about Newt at all. I’m talking about the average good person with brains who does not consider running for office, any office, because of nitwits like you and the media dragging their lives through a mix master. Is that clear enough for you?

katy the mean old lady on December 12, 2011 at 6:51 PM

It seems you are the one with reading comprehension problems. People like me drag the lives of bad people like Newt through a mix master. Why would good people be turned off by the fact that a serial adulterer is mocked for being a serial adulterer? It makes no ****ing sense.

Darth Executor on December 12, 2011 at 6:55 PM

Have you read the pledge? It related to more than marital fidelity, such as upholding DOMA, protecting the sanctity of life and more.

Congresswoman Bachmann, Governor Perry and Senator Santorum also signed the pledge. I think it was rather disingenuous of Tina not to include that information in her post.

Flora Duh on December 12, 2011 at 6:46 PM

Why is it disingenuous when Gingrich didn’t actually sign the pledge and instead offered his own statement which stupidly included a statement about how he wouldn’t pork a woman that wasn’t his wife. This time. Fo’ realz. Third time’s a charm. White man’s word, Kemosabe.

Darth Executor on December 12, 2011 at 6:58 PM

Darth Executor on December 12, 2011 at 6:55 PM

I rest my case. No curing stupid.

katy the mean old lady on December 12, 2011 at 7:00 PM

Darth Executor on December 12, 2011 at 6:58 PM

“porked”, “banged”, I haven’t looked at all of the comments closely, but I wouldn’t be surprised if you’ve also used the term “boinked” in this thread too.

How old are you, 13?

Flora Duh on December 12, 2011 at 7:02 PM

While better left unsaid, no that isn’t what the person said.

Cindy Munford on December 12, 2011 at 5:58 PM

Then explain to me what he meant by the Godzilla comment in reference to Michelle Obama?

liberal4life on December 12, 2011 at 7:02 PM

I turn on FOX News and the first thing I see are a bunch of mindless puppets under heavy, heavy, mind control of Karl Rove and the establishment worshipping RomneyCare and Gingrich/Pelosi. “Newt Gingrich. Oh, he is…” going on and on. “Oh, Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich”, this and that… “Mitt Romney.” Get outta here with that garbage! What’s the matter with you people, man. Seriously, you stupid people have any decency! There are OTHERS running for the Republican Presidential nomination in 2012! There are OTHER candidates!!

apocalypse on December 12, 2011 at 7:10 PM

liberal4life on December 12, 2011 at 7:02 PM

why? You will just turn it around.. because you are a liberal for life.. and tolerance level you show is just ASTOUNDING!

upinak on December 12, 2011 at 7:10 PM

Newt has skeletons for sure…lots of them..but as the popular mantra says, ABO…besides I would LOVE to see Newt eat Obama’s lunch in debates…

LaRepublican on December 12, 2011 at 6:38 PM

Behold the sum total of Newtbots’ arguments.

- They have no defense for Newt except:

1. Anyone but Obama
2. Newt will beat Obama in the debates

See how conservatives are being played for fools?

Newt will not survive to the October debates as the Democrats savage him with ads that beg to write themselves.

If Gingrich is the nominee, the general will be decided by September at the latest and the debates will definitely be a non-factor.

A thousand debates will not wipe away the stench of Gingrich’s past much less three debates.

TheRightMan on December 12, 2011 at 7:10 PM

Michelle Bachmann > Karl Rove

apocalypse on December 12, 2011 at 7:11 PM

Go ahead, this is the issue that will win the day./

I do not approve of Newt’s prior actions but I’m not looking for a saint to be President. I’ll take him at his word. If he screws up, no pun intended, he will throw away his Presidency and I believe that Newt understands and values history and will not want his Presidency tainted by sexual scandals. He will want to go down in the history books as someone who made a real difference. His ego will demand it. If I’m wrong, and he screws up, he is still going to be 200% better than Obama.

JannyMc on December 12, 2011 at 7:11 PM

As soon as Newt becomes the nominee, the DNC will dispatch the semis with all the dirt they have on him to the national media.

I’ll bet there are at least 3-5 additional affairs that become public.

bw222 on December 12, 2011 at 7:12 PM

Darth Executor on December 12, 2011 at 6:58 PM

Suggest you follow the link on the pledge. The fidelity statement is part of the original pledge signed by Perry, Bachmann, Santorum, and Gingrich. So it wasn’t a statement limited to Gingrich.

momoftxmomof3 on December 12, 2011 at 7:13 PM

Actually she is a pretty class act. Something with which some of you are apparently not familiar.

Leave the man’s wife alone.

Irritable Pundit on December 12, 2011 at 4:38 PM

Callista is a “class act”? Who are you kidding? She’s the one who knowingly had an affair with a married man — Newt Gingrich. Newtie was not the only one at fault. This is why Callista catches such crap here at HA.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on December 12, 2011 at 7:16 PM

In other words, he isn’t going to get the chance to stray. She’s watching him like a buzzard watches a crippled elk.

Lily on December 12, 2011 at 5:00 PM

Those who stray, always find a way to stray.

Stray Cat on December 12, 2011 at 7:16 PM

liberal4life

care to take a look at Michelle’s picture, where she’s been photographed in profile?
sorry, no swan there :(

magone on December 12, 2011 at 7:16 PM

If my wife looked like Calista, I would ask her to put on a new face.

The Rock on December 12, 2011 at 5:14 PM

Mrs. Gingrich III is in dire need of a makeover. Her hairstyle was the rage the year she was born.

bw222 on December 12, 2011 at 7:17 PM

Hey — that’s my joke for Mitt! But to the point … do we really have to call people sl*ts here?

DaydreamBeliever on December 12, 2011 at 5:15 PM

I agree – I would rather people didn’t, but I read things that bother me here every time I visit. People getting personal with one another, insulting each other, sexually crude remarks – but that’s HotGas, and there are a lot of other options so I don’t complain about it.

YMMV.

capitalist piglet on December 12, 2011 at 7:18 PM

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on December 12, 2011 at 7:16 PM

Also, she looks like she would crack into a million tiny pieces if she fell down on a hard surface. LOL

Seriously – he should downplay her. It doesn’t help him, and his pushing is going to meet some resistance.

capitalist piglet on December 12, 2011 at 7:20 PM

liberal4life on December 12, 2011 at 7:02 PM

This site isn’t the place for thin-skinned liberals. We haven’t even got to her butt, which has its own Zip Code.

bw222 on December 12, 2011 at 7:21 PM

I guess family values is off the menu now…Not sure Calista can be the morale authority like most first ladies. Cheating with a married man for years certainly cancels that out.

rubberneck on December 12, 2011 at 7:21 PM

capitalist piglet on December 12, 2011 at 7:20 PM

Newt takes the exact opposite approach and makes Callista a focal point of the campaign.

bw222 on December 12, 2011 at 7:23 PM

-Aslan’s Girl

Sounds like you have been a Saint all your life, haven’t you?
In real world, things happen and love and friendships happen, and mistake are made and then some.
Forgive, and you’ll breathe just fine.

magone on December 12, 2011 at 7:23 PM

It impresses me how a man like Newt who is busy setting up so many think tanks, giving speeches, writing books and working in Congress at the time, can also have a few affairs. This man is the ultimate multitasker.

legalimmigrant on December 12, 2011 at 7:24 PM

How old are you, 13?

Flora Duh on December 12, 2011 at 7:02 PM

I haven’t but I was gonna go with “plowed” next. What do you think? Too prole?

Darth Executor on December 12, 2011 at 7:26 PM

Wow. The Ron Paul-nuts have come out in full force on this thread (face it, they are the ones that, if Ron Paul doens’t get the nom, will help Obama win any way they can).

DethMetalCookieMonst on December 12, 2011 at 7:26 PM

liberal4life on December 12, 2011 at 7:02 PM

Did the person say that Mrs. Obama looked like Godzilla or that all black women look like Godzilla?

Cindy Munford on December 12, 2011 at 7:26 PM

legalimmigrant on December 12, 2011 at 7:24 PM

Darth Executor on December 12, 2011 at 7:27 PM

Are you saying that blacks look like Godzillas?
And why is this vicious racist comment tolerated by this site?

liberal4life on December 12, 2011 at 5:51 PM

Seeing as YOU are the only one that saw that comment and immediately thought “race”…

DethMetalCookieMonst on December 12, 2011 at 7:28 PM

Darth Executor on December 12, 2011 at 6:55 PM

Glass houses.

Cindy Munford on December 12, 2011 at 7:29 PM

legalimmigrant on December 12, 2011 at 7:24 PM

They both look happy and very much in love. And that is important for a future president.
Callista makes Newt happy, that’s what matters.
Unhappy president would be a disaster. Look at O’bamby!

magone on December 12, 2011 at 7:39 PM

magone on December 12, 2011 at 7:23 PM

So because we’ve all fallen short of the Glory of God, we should just ignore big, huge moral holes in our leaders and not use the past as a barometer of the future. Gotcha. We may as well just re-elect Billy Jeff by that standard.

I’m merely pointing to the people shocked, shocked that Callista is not popular here, that she is a known home-wrecker. Among conservatives, that rather makes one unpopular. Heck, among the average voters, that causes problems. Newt’s unfaithfulness will cause him problems in the general. Obama will see to that.

Aslans Girl on December 12, 2011 at 7:41 PM

Callista makes Newt happy…

magone on December 12, 2011 at 7:39 PM

Not exactly the best phrase to use in this particular case…

Aslans Girl on December 12, 2011 at 7:42 PM

I’ll bet there are at least 3-5 additional affairs that become public.

bw222 on December 12, 2011 at 7:12 PM

They will do it for whomever becomes the GOP nominee.

You can be sure of that. It will not matter if it actually happened; a candidate’s actual background and record only makes their job easier. But do you think they’ll stop if they don’t find anything juicy to use? They’ll just make it up out of whole cloth, or they’ll take a relatively inconsequential item and morph it into something else entirely just so they can claim that it really is “true.” Never mind if the amount of truth in it is less than one half of one percent.

The GOP in general does not seem to understand that they’ve been left completely behind when it comes to opposition research on their own candidates as well as their opponents. Even if they tried their hardest, they might only catch up to the level where the Dems were in 1996. They are completely outclassed and the frustrating thing is that they seem to want to play perennial second fiddle. I have no idea how to go about changing this and it’s maddening beyond belief to me that it happens over and over and over again.

PatriotGal2257 on December 12, 2011 at 7:45 PM

Cindy Munford on December 12, 2011 at 5:19 PM

Okay, I take that back…I loved Mrs. Cleaver!

Besides, over the last year or so I have developed a posting crush on you, gophergirl, katy, annoyinglittletwerp, katythemeanoldlady, and a few others!

KOOLAID2 on December 12, 2011 at 7:53 PM

I don’t know whether Newt’s conversion is real, but I agree with those who believe people can change by the grace of God. Maybe it’s because I’m getting old and I’ve seen for myself that people can change. In the meantime, I’m impressed that there are seemingly perfect people here. That’s hot gas for ya.

Lightswitch on December 12, 2011 at 7:55 PM

I’m supporting no one at this point, but that entire exchange is going to backfire on Newt.
JPeterman on December 12, 2011 at 6:55 PM

Newt is right and Mitt is wrong about capital gains taxes, but this is positively Barackish.

Buy Danish on December 12, 2011 at 7:55 PM

Lightswitch on December 12, 2011 at 7:55 PM

We can’t criticize Newt for what in his own religion used to be a capital offense but you can criticize us for not taking a liar at his word? Hypocrite.

Darth Executor on December 12, 2011 at 8:02 PM

Newt is promoting his wife Callista as the second coming of a Nancyjackielaura first lady delux model who makes a great team with senor Newton.

He also sez she’s running his campaign which is kind of a step up for a former mistress political wife.

Now we already have a jackieelanormarieantoinettemadamemao super delux historical first lady that everybody on the left just thinks is peachy & makes a great co-prezident of vacations, shopping, commissar of dieting & jumping jacks champ.

So yeah…a pushy first spouse in this political climate is a problemo & saying it isn’t is wishful thinking.

Reverse the equation. John Edwards marries his baby mama & runs for president in 2016. It is a problem.

workingclass artist on December 12, 2011 at 8:03 PM

Okay, I take that back…I loved Mrs. Cleaver!

KOOLAID2 on December 12, 2011 at 7:53 PM

Mrs. Anderson (Jane Wyatt) was far hotter than June Cleaver.

bw222 on December 12, 2011 at 8:03 PM

“In the meantime, I’m impressed that there are seemingly perfect people here…”
Lightswitch on December 12, 2011 at 7:55 PM

There are realists who see this as a big problem in the general.

workingclass artist on December 12, 2011 at 8:07 PM

Newt promises he will dog Obama everywhere he campaigns until he debates him on Newt’s terms…meanwhile Bill Clinton acting as surrogate dogs Newt everywhere he campaigns tying to recapture that special magic from the old days with Newt and reassures independents that the economy is just about to turn around…

And Newt won’t take that bait?

It will be a farce.

workingclass artist on December 12, 2011 at 8:12 PM

bw222 on December 12, 2011 at 8:03 PM

What about Donna Reed?

Cindy Munford on December 12, 2011 at 8:15 PM

“In the meantime, I’m impressed that there are seemingly perfect people here…”

Lightswitch on December 12, 2011 at 7:55 PM

There are plenty of imperfect people in the world who never cheat on one wife, let alone two of them.

xblade on December 12, 2011 at 8:16 PM

Darth Executor on December 12, 2011 at 8:02 PM

Heh…nice to meet you. I don’t care if you criticize Newt, or anyone else. Where did I say you couldn’t? I stick to my statement that I believe people can change. I don’t know if Newt’s change is for real, as I said before, but it can be. Did I criticize you? I didn’t read your posts actually, but some that I have read give me the impression that either some folks haven’t seen genuine spiritual change, or they have to be close to perfect.

Lightswitch on December 12, 2011 at 8:17 PM

Lightswitch on December 12, 2011 at 8:17 PM

You’re being passive-aggressive, which is a bit worse than straight-up whining. If you’re gonna be a hypocrite, at least be bold about it. Not this “I’m impressed that there are seemingly perfect people here” crap. Grow a pair.

Darth Executor on December 12, 2011 at 8:24 PM

A man who won’t keep his promises to his wife can’t be trusted to keep promises to his country.

Ruiner on December 12, 2011 at 6:38 PM

This. Gingrich is a serial adulterer. A SERIAL adulterer. It wasn’t just a one-off. It goes to his character, which isn’t much, too bad he didn’t stay single until he figured out the meaning of those vows he took. Trust him? No way. BTW having standards and living up to them is not believing one’s self to be perfect as some here are intimating.

DoubleClutchin on December 12, 2011 at 8:24 PM

There are realists who see this as a big problem in the general.

workingclass artist on December 12, 2011 at 8:07 PM

I have doubts about all of them in the general, including Newt.

Lightswitch on December 12, 2011 at 8:29 PM

KOOLAID2 on December 12, 2011 at 7:53 PM

SMOOCH

katy the mean old lady on December 12, 2011 at 8:34 PM

xblade on December 12, 2011 at 8:16 PM

Perhaps I was unclear, forgive me. Faithfulness to one’s spouse is way at the top of my list. However, I am a sinner who believes in forgiveness. I’d be toast if God didn’t change me. Everyone is imperfect, but not everyone seems to remember that.

Lightswitch on December 12, 2011 at 8:36 PM

xblade on December 12,

well, it’s easy to judge. What do you really know about his first or second wife, and why should you know about them and about how Newt cheated?
There are things in every ones life, which would be better to be forgotten. Only little babies have no sins to carry on.

magone on December 12, 2011 at 8:36 PM

DoubleClutchin on December 12, 2011 at 8:24 PM

I know a few serial adulterers I would trust with my life. There are also a few so called upright Christians I wouldn’t allow near my dog.
I’m looking for a president who can turn the country around.

The cat would be another story.

katy the mean old lady on December 12, 2011 at 8:38 PM

Gingrich has bigger problems.

csdeven on December 12, 2011 at 8:39 PM

Darth Executor on December 12, 2011 at 8:24 PM

Are you really young or something?

Lightswitch on December 12, 2011 at 8:40 PM

Well I do know that Newt married his geometry teacher from high school who was 7 years older than him.

Are you blaming the wives as an excuse for Newt’s philandering? If he was not happy with his wives, he should have divorced them before engaging in affairs.

But he didn’t.

JPeterman on December 12, 2011 at 8:44 PM

DoubleClutchin on December 12,

Hey, there was King Henry XVIII, had wives and mistresses and all that! He was smart and clever and talented. Not a big deal to have some changes in life. :)
And Callista looks indeed like a grand baroness, and Newt could easely be described as the wicked Henry.
I like him very much, besides he is a Catholic now, and what the heretics say about him doesn’t matter that much anyhow.

magone on December 12, 2011 at 8:47 PM

What about Donna Reed?

Cindy Munford on December 12, 2011 at 8:15 PM

Donna Reed was a flaming liberal.

bw222 on December 12, 2011 at 8:47 PM

JannyMc on December 12, 2011 at 7:11 PM

If Newt really valued history, he wouldn’t have blown his historical mandate in 1994-1998 on a personal vendetta with BJ Clinton.

haner on December 12, 2011 at 8:48 PM

I’m looking for a president who can turn the country around.

katy the mean old lady

True, that!

magone on December 12, 2011 at 8:52 PM

The cat would be another story.

katy the mean old lady on December 12, 2011 at 8:38 PM

Hey now, cats are wicked awesome!

DoubleClutchin on December 12, 2011 at 8:53 PM

magone on December 12, 2011 at 8:47 PM

Catholic politicians are always loyal to their spouses. Look at the Kennedys, John Kerry, Chris Dodd, Arnold Schwarzenegger, etc.

bw222 on December 12, 2011 at 8:55 PM

DoubleClutchin on December 12, 2011 at 8:24 PM

I get so tired when Evangelicals inflict their “no one is perfect, the only perfect being died on the cross,” “who are you to judge,” “he has already asked for God’s forgiveness” upon us. It’s such a convenient Deus Ex Machina, yet none of them would hesitate to judge Romney for the slightest intransigence.

Even if I forgive him (which I couldn’t care less, that’s not my role) and even if I am flawed myself, it doesn’t mean I have to vote for him for President of the United States.

And since Newt is now a Catholic, he should be very aware of a Catholic saying, “forgive but don’t forget.”

haner on December 12, 2011 at 8:56 PM

But he didn’t.

JPeterman

They wouldn’t let him go, so crazy they were going after him.
Was it the mans fault when the women are so crazy for his love? :)

magone on December 12, 2011 at 8:57 PM

bw222 on December 12,

Spouses were too demanding, so the guys got tired and than restless.
It happens.

magone on December 12, 2011 at 9:01 PM

Was it the mans fault when the women are so crazy for his love? :)

magone on December 12, 2011 at 8:57 PM

Your tongue must be firmly embedded in your cheek.

DoubleClutchin on December 12, 2011 at 9:01 PM

Callista will make a high class First Lady.
She has the noble looks of a duchess from the Renaissance.

magone on December 12, 2011 at 5:03 PM

Yeah, like Lucrezia Borgia, the Duchess of Bisceglie.

haner on December 12, 2011 at 9:01 PM

gerrym51 on December 12, 2011 at 6:31 PM

It was sarcasm. s-a-r-c-a-s-m. K?

sunshinek67 on December 12, 2011 at 9:04 PM

Yeah, like Lucrezia Borgia, the Duchess of Bisceglie.

haner on December 12, 2011 at 9:01 PM

Yes, and why not?
Many people are just already so tired of the vulgar ugly plebs rolling all around us every damn day.
Callista would bring hope into the whole world, that dear ol’ USA finelly got some culture in it!

magone on December 12, 2011 at 9:07 PM

Darth Executor on December 12, 2011 at 8:24 PM

As a new poster here I made a pledge not to besmirch anyone to make my points. Something to think about, points glean more respect and consideration when delivered in a respectful tone, name calling and tone deafness will not further your cause. I’m not trying to show you up with this meager observation. I want to hear your points, which since you have bothered to post them demonstrates your passion for them, I ask you give my comment to you consideration. Most of us are here to sort out serious issues in the most serious of days confronting our country. I ask you to consider this in your all of your further comments. Thanks.

Bmore on December 12, 2011 at 9:22 PM

uninak
Get a grip and take a deep breath.

I wasn’t “attacking” Jim Treacher. I was merely pointing out that in the game of celebrity fornication, there are the major leaguers and the minor leaguers.

I really don’t like it when people attribute things to me. Of course, consider your record of posting, I doubt that other people’s feelings or thoughts are of any consequence to you.

Go shoot a moose or something.

Horace on December 12, 2011 at 9:22 PM

magone:

“King Henry XVIII?” Whoooaaa!

I know a missed some history classes in my undergrad years, but I it must have been alot more than I remember!

Roman numerals are not your friends, I take it.

Horace on December 12, 2011 at 9:30 PM

Darth Executor on December 12, 2011 at 8:02 PM

Still crazy after all these years…

Buy Danish on December 12, 2011 at 9:42 PM

bw222 on December 12, 2011 at 8:47 PM

Fascinating, the discussion is hair.

Cindy Munford on December 12, 2011 at 9:56 PM

Isn’t this just about sex. Why can’t we just Moveon?

schmuck281 on December 12, 2011 at 10:02 PM

magone on December 12, 2011 at 9:07 PM

Hmmm, Magone, are you, perchance, a …fisherman?

DoubleClutchin on December 12, 2011 at 10:04 PM

“King Henry XVIII?” Whoooaaa!

Roman numerals are not your friends, I take it.

Horace on December 12, 2011 at 9:30 PM

Shoot, isn’t this a shame?! Thank you for correcting, Horace- Henry VIII !
Perhaps I was thinking too much of the Catholic aspects of all things Newt> such as Pope Benedict XVI and it all got mixed up in my poor head?
But something like this happened to Cain too, didn’t it?
so please, forgive my error :)

magone on December 12, 2011 at 10:07 PM

Don’t we all promise that when we get married? What’s the big deal?

Observation on December 12, 2011 at 10:10 PM

Hmmm, Magone, are you, perchance, a …fisherman?

DoubleClutchin

no no no, nein! – I am very serious-
Callista sure looks like a fine painting of Raphaels or Crivelli or Titian!
Just amazing. That Newt is on lucky SOB! But good for him!

magone on December 12, 2011 at 10:12 PM

Callista sure looks like a fine painting of Raphaels or Crivelli or Titian!

magone on December 12, 2011 at 10:12 PM

LOL, she doesn’t have the noobs for a Titian.

DoubleClutchin on December 12, 2011 at 10:26 PM

This was a rather strange thread irt comments…

Bradky on December 12, 2011 at 10:31 PM

LOL, she doesn’t have the noobs for a Titian.

DoubleClutchin on December

sorry, have to disagree! noobs are immaterial in this case.
just look at the blue on her! That just almost Titian blue, and the face, the face with such lines- more then unique. It is exquisite. Have you seen her on telly in profile? Mamma mia! Like the first wife of Julius Caesar.

magone on December 12, 2011 at 10:37 PM

A person who will cheat on a spouse will cheat on the country…

Newt is NOT trustworthy.

JennyHatch on December 12, 2011 at 10:48 PM

A person who will cheat on a spouse will cheat on the country…

Newt is NOT trustworthy.

JennyHatch on December 12

how would you know? Ever been a King or smth?

magone on December 12, 2011 at 10:50 PM

OK OK! Stop it! Stop it! Klatoris er ah Callista is a VIRGIN!
Just look at her! Looks like she’s never been touched!
Stop this madness! (Do they use the same color in their hair…now you know that is love!)
Stop it!….NOW! Let’s go after the guy with the big ears! (Why are ‘they’ so big?)

KOOLAID2 on December 12, 2011 at 11:50 PM

Since its popular to take pledges these days.
I pledge to never vote for a Democrat or Rino. My vote will go un-cast.
Is that a word?

Bruce Dickinson on December 13, 2011 at 9:10 AM

upinak on December 12, 2011 at 7:10 P

Liberals talk a lot about tolerance, but they have very little of it.

wi farmgirl on December 13, 2011 at 10:06 AM

As anyone that has ever dated or been in a relationship with a cheater, “Once a cheater, always a cheater”. The same flaws that led to the first two affairs will show up again, and again.

Zekecorlain on December 13, 2011 at 10:21 AM

IM FREAKING OUT PEOPLE!!!! WHAT ARE WE DOING THIS MAN IS A PROGRESSIVE….STOP LISTENING TO THE PRESS ABOUT WHO CAN WIN…WHOEVER WE NOMINATE WILL BEAT OBAMA…THERE ARE ONLY TWO REAL CONSERVATIVES….BACHMAN AND SANTORUM…THAT IS WHO WE SHOULD BE LOOKING AT…AND THEY CAN WIN!

dom89031 on December 13, 2011 at 10:23 AM

It’s not about what he promises because we all know what a politician’s promises are worth (note current Prezuhdunce for abundant examples). It’s about what he does. The moral and proper thing to do is not cheat because God forbid if the lameblameshamestream media uncovers fabricates it, the 24×7 news cycle will know of no other news or catastrophic events occurring in the rest of the world.

stukinIL4now on December 13, 2011 at 11:06 AM

bw222 on December 12, 2011 at 7:21 PM

WTF?
When you have nothing else worth typing to support your point I suppose referencing the first lady’s ass is about as eloquent as you can be huh?
You could have at least made reference to her ass claiming it to be the POTUS in a small attempt at sounding humorous.
Obviously WAY too high of a bar for you though.

Really? It has come to pointing out flaws in a woman in your political discussion? That’s just a cheap shot. I’m sure your Mom would be proud. You must be a hit with the ladies. I bet they swoon at your ass rhetoric.

And I was so excited to be registered and participate here….underwhelming to say the least. Hoping you are the exception and not the rule.

Really?

Lean a little on December 13, 2011 at 11:53 AM

Ahhhh….finally some objectivity here. :)

As mentioned in earlier comments this will be the fourth time Newt has promised to be faithful to his spouse. Marriage vows are indeed suich a promise. This shouldn’t be overlooked.
Someone please tell me why we would believe him on his 4th promise!? Assuming the 1st, 2nd, and maybe even 3rd were believed yet ended up being lies. Even if he does remain faithful he has lost ALL expectation of having the public believe any promise he makes. ANY.
So tell me again how such a repeat public liar will get elected when it comes time to endure the heat and scrutiny of a presidential election in this day and age?
Insanity to think it’s possible IMO.
Better to focus on increasing GOP representation in congress.

(isn’t a newt a slimy aquatic lizard-like amphibian actually?)

Lean a little on December 13, 2011 at 12:04 PM

Lean a little on December 13, 2011 at 11:53 AM

Sorry if I offended you … not.

bw222 on December 13, 2011 at 12:18 PM

Sorry if I offended you … not.

bw222 on December 13, 2011 at 12:18 PM

Oh you didn’t offend me. You being offensive doesn’t mean you offended me….just means you have nothing better to contribute to the discussion. Which offends me not at all.
Probably offended a few HA females out there but that’s your problem not mine. Doubt you care honestly.
I do have a normal size ass though which apparently appeases/soothes you in some strange way. Perhaps you requesting a pic of my ass to offer your comments might offend me.

Just keep offering your thought-provoking insightful opinions and you will be just fine. No need to bristle. It’s just your intellect you are showing. It’s not like you are showing your ass….just showing that you are an ass.

No need for the apology though I assure you.

Lean a little on December 13, 2011 at 12:39 PM

Heh. He made the same promise to Jackie and Marianne. Newt is a chameleon.

(isn’t a newt a slimy aquatic lizard-like amphibian actually?)

Haha….I see the slimy lizard analogies are flowing today.

Alas, it was good seeing you again Newt. We hardly got a chance to know the “new” Newt.

Marianne Gingrich speaks out

Newts skeleton closet…he’s already headed for irrelevancy

Lean a little on December 13, 2011 at 1:54 PM

“A man who marries his mistress only creates a vacancy in that position.”

Oscar Wilde

OlympicLeprechaun on December 13, 2011 at 7:05 PM

We are actually choosing between the man who created the blueprint for ObamaCare, and a serial cheater who lauded a government healthcare mandate.

F**k you, Republicans. See you in 2016, if there’s anything left by then.

MadisonConservative on December 12, 2011 at 4:42 PM

Not me.

kg598301 on December 13, 2011 at 9:51 PM

Some of the posters here are really misapplying the biblical principle of forgiveness. If someone wrongs me personally then the issue of whether I forgive is certainly valid; if a politician cheats on his wife then the forgiveness is between him and her. We should use our common sense and judgement to determine whether we trust a politician or not, based on his personal and public life and the decisions he has made.

Saying I have to forgive Newt Gingrich is like people who point to the biblical principle of taking care of the poor, and interpret that to mean that it’s the government’s job to do it- when it actually refers to the church.

kg598301 on December 13, 2011 at 10:16 PM

Ha Ha HA, sounds like we have a Slick Willie, Jr. (He should have clarified I guess as long as she doesn’t get sick).

Ron M on December 14, 2011 at 4:38 AM

So……you would allow an apologetic child molester who has been forgiven by his victim to babysit your kids?

Didn’t think so.