Newt promises he won’t cheat on Callista as president

posted at 4:25 pm on December 12, 2011 by Tina Korbe

Earlier this summer, Newt Gingrich passed on the opportunity to sign The Family Leader Marriage Vow, which asks political candidates to commit to take specific actions to support traditional marriage upon election. Gingrich didn’t object to the pledge so fiercely as Mitt Romney, whose campaign staffers called parts of the pledge “undignified and inappropriate,” but the former House Speaker did suggest he thought the pledge could use some tweaking. At the time, at least one pundit jokingly speculated that Gingrich didn’t like the inclusion of the phrase “personal fidelity to my spouse.”

Turns out, he’s on board with that. The GOP frontrunner finally officially responded to The Family Leader executive board’s long-ago invitation to him to sign the pledge. He didn’t actually sign it, but, in a letter, he says that, as president, he would (a) support a federal marriage amendment, (b) ensure no taxpayer dollars go to fund abortions either at home or abroad and (c) fight for conscience protections for healthcare providers … among other things.

But the most interesting sentence of Gingrich’s letter comes at the end of the second paragraph.

“I also pledge to uphold the institution of marriage through personal fidelity to my spouse and respect for the marital bonds of others,” Gingrich writes.

Call me crazy, but I thought marriage vows were supposed to be all the pledge a person needed to make to reassure a potential partner — and any interested onlookers — of fidelity. (That was actually the valid objection Romney made to the pledge in the first place.) Then again, in light of recent increased scrutiny of Gingrich’s past affairs (and, most notably, attacks from the long-married Mitt), perhaps this explicit expression of faithfulness is savvy.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Principles first.

Santorum or Bachmann, imperfect messengers with a perfect message.

Which will we choose Tea Party Conservatives?

PappyD61 on December 12, 2011 at 5:11 PM

By the very nature of the marriage vows, didn’t he promise/pledge/swear not to cheat on his other two wives before he cheated on them?

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on December 12, 2011 at 5:12 PM

Pathetic. Who would have thought the GOP could sink this low just because they want to see Obama raked over the coals. As if the unregistered lobbyist, Freddie Mac Gingrich, has any moral authority to do that. Too bad the GOP can’t draft a fabulously successful business who is also a turn around expert and whose executive skils are so good he provided good conservative governance to the most liberal state in the nation.

Basilsbest on December 12, 2011 at 5:12 PM

Flora Duh on December 12, 2011 at 5:10 PM

I agree, I have a mirror, so I don’t throw stones.

Cindy Munford on December 12, 2011 at 5:12 PM

Well, it’s a start, I reckon.

However, Newt needs to also promise that he will not murder anyone while he is President, will not covet any neighbors or their azzes that he will not sit on anything with Nancy Pelosi nor will he let Nancy to sit on anything of his.

Horace on December 12, 2011 at 5:12 PM

mankai on December 12, 2011 at 4:40 PM

Well, he definitely spun the lobbying. This news story says he trained lobbyists but didn’t lobby himself?!? HMMMM

The Nerve on December 12, 2011 at 5:12 PM

I am not a serial aldulterer. however oral sex is not sex

gerrym51 on December 12, 2011 at 4:54 PM

Is that you Billy Jeff?

Flora Duh on December 12, 2011 at 5:14 PM

Newt is toast. If he does get the nomination, the MSM and LSM will cook him like fried chicken from Georgia. They are all holding their fire until the general election and then won’t release things until very late in the race, say August, September, OCTOBER, as in surprise!

MJScanlonOH on December 12, 2011 at 5:14 PM

If my wife looked like Calista, I would ask her to put on a new face.

The Rock on December 12, 2011 at 5:14 PM

DaydreamBeliever on December 12, 2011 at 5:01 PM

It’s not.

Cindy Munford on December 12, 2011 at 5:15 PM

“Anderson! ANDERSON!!”

capitalist piglet on December 12, 2011 at 5:07 PM

Hey — that’s my joke for Mitt! But to the point … do we really have to call people sl*ts here?

DaydreamBeliever on December 12, 2011 at 5:15 PM

If Newt becomes President…can we do something with Callista’s hair?….I would rather look at the mayonnaise from DWS, than the brick on top of the head of “Leave It to Beaver’s” mom!

KOOLAID2 on December 12, 2011 at 5:17 PM

Principles first.

Santorum or Bachmann, imperfect messengers with a perfect message.

Which will we choose Tea Party Conservatives?

PappyD61 on December 12, 2011 at 5:11 PM

Santorum, he has principles I can believe in.

MJScanlonOH on December 12, 2011 at 5:17 PM

At least he’s one up on Bill.

Jim Treacher on December 12, 2011 at 5:17 PM

I do know I’d much rather have her in the First Lady position than the current occupier of that office.

Don’t even compare!
Callista is a prefection. Just a bit work in fixing the hair and she will be a graceful beauty
like a shining jewel on Newts arm.

magone on December 12, 2011 at 5:18 PM

Back in the day…Billy Jeff loved using the Newt Defense…just sayin’

workingclass artist on December 12, 2011 at 5:19 PM

KOOLAID2 on December 12, 2011 at 5:17 PM

You take that back, Mrs. Cleaver was a wonderful beautiful woman!!

Cindy Munford on December 12, 2011 at 5:19 PM

Jim Treacher
Well, yeah, high-five, a shout-out and all that.

But neither Newt nor Horndog Bill are even in the same league as JFK, not to mention Wilt Chamberlain.

Horace on December 12, 2011 at 5:20 PM

Newt Gingrich lied about Freddie Mac. I doubt he’d change his tune on cheating, too. The Nerve on December 12, 2011 at 4:38 PM

It bears repeating. Newt Gingrich lied about Freddie Mac. And the GOP is in denial as to that fact and the significance of it. Bachmann is only half right about Gingrich. He is not frugal.

Basilsbest on December 12, 2011 at 5:20 PM

If my wife looked like Calista, I would ask her to put on a new face.

The Rock on December 12, 2011 at 5:14 PM

By your comment, I would gather the only Wife in your life today is your father’s Wife. Hope you outgrow your current maturity.

astonerii on December 12, 2011 at 5:22 PM

This is the results when a 70 yo man takes too much ED medication. Blood supply to the brain goes to ZERO.

IlonaE on December 12, 2011 at 5:22 PM

Ya’ll lay off of Calista’s well-groomed tailored appearance – it’s shallow, it’s cheap and it’s unbecoming of you who are being critical, and you know who you are. What Newt sees in his wife is beautiful to him, and his is the only opinion that matters on the subject.

I think Calista would make a classy and gracious first lady, and that’s all that matters to me.

Harbingeing on December 12, 2011 at 5:23 PM

Horace on December 12, 2011 at 5:20 PM

From what I understand in spite of his handicap, old F.D.R. was known to cat around a bit also.

Cindy Munford on December 12, 2011 at 5:23 PM

Newt flipped on life begins at conception not implantation…Musta heard from his bishop over the weekend.

workingclass artist on December 12, 2011 at 5:24 PM

No way a barbie looking doll wife will play well with mainstream America!!!!

liberal4life on December 12, 2011 at 5:26 PM

Callista the former homewreckin congressional aide now trophy wife #2 will WIN those female independents…yeah!

workingclass artist on December 12, 2011 at 5:27 PM

Heard that Callista’s strong suit is in the sack, so, no worries about Newt straying!

bill glass on December 12, 2011 at 5:27 PM

If my wife looked like Calista, I would ask her to put on a new face.

The Rock on December 12, 2011 at 5:14 PM

says one with a mind of a rock :(

magone on December 12, 2011 at 5:28 PM

Newt promises he won’t cheat on Callista as president

Heh. He made the same promise to Jackie and Marianne. Newt is a chameleon.

rukiddingme on December 12, 2011 at 5:29 PM

I pledge to uphold my firm personal fidelity to not believe anything Gingrich says and to respect the views of others who agree.

RasThavas on December 12, 2011 at 5:30 PM

At least he’s one up on Bill.

Jim Treacher on December 12, 2011 at 5:17 PM

I think he is two up … … wives that is.

RasThavas on December 12, 2011 at 5:32 PM

Good grief. It’s sounding like a Jr. High School boy’s locker room in here.

Flora Duh on December 12, 2011 at 5:32 PM

Newt promises he won’t cheat on Callista as president

OK, I know what this means. He won’t cheat on Callista if she is President.

RasThavas on December 12, 2011 at 5:33 PM

Well, there’s a first time for everything. If someone has to promise the American public that he won’t cheat on his wife, he probably already has.

inthemiddle on December 12, 2011 at 5:33 PM

Can someone tell me how a thrice married Newt was welcomed into the Catholic Church? My once divorced/remarried father is not supposed to receive Communion anymore. The Catholic Church DOES recognize marriages from before you convert to Catholicism. Did he get a Teddy Kennedy annulments? Seems like asking for 2 would be a huge stretch.

The Count on December 12, 2011 at 5:33 PM

There are legitimate reasons for concern when it comes to Newt as a potential GOP nominee. This ain’t one of them.

lynncgb on December 12, 2011 at 5:34 PM

If my wife looked like Calista, I would ask her to put on a new face.

The Rock on December 12, 2011 at 5:14 PM

I never forget a face, but in her case I’ll be glad to make an exception.

RasThavas on December 12, 2011 at 5:36 PM

lynncgb on December 12, 2011 at 5:34 PM

Newt Gingrich == John Edwards – the good hair

Yeah, just because he would cheat on his wives doesn’t mean he would cheat on anything else. It’s not like he has a record of public corruption, lying and crony capitalism or anything. Oh wait …

MJBrutus on December 12, 2011 at 5:37 PM

inthemiddle on December 12, 2011 at 5:33 PM

Congresswoman Bachmann, Governor Perry and Senator Santorum signed the same pledge.

Flora Duh on December 12, 2011 at 5:37 PM

lynncgb on December 12, 2011 at 5:34 PM

It’s something like number 126, I believe.

RasThavas on December 12, 2011 at 5:37 PM

Jim Treacher
Well, yeah, high-five, a shout-out and all that.

Horace on December 12, 2011 at 5:20 PM

How about FDR? His mistress was left with half of his estate.

And why go after Treacher? he has a heck of a lot more class than you.

*yes I saw the other thread, looks like you are the one who looks “dumb” now.”

upinak on December 12, 2011 at 5:38 PM

Gingrich has been married three times. In 1962, he married Jackie Battley, his former high school geometry teacher, when he was 19 years old and she was 26

Wow, he was a player.

Oil Can on December 12, 2011 at 5:38 PM

Good grief. It’s sounding like a Jr. High School boy’s locker room in here.

Flora Duh on December 12, 2011 at 5:32 PM

What were you expected when you clicked on an entry with that title?

pedestrian on December 12, 2011 at 5:39 PM

MJBrutus on December 12, 2011 at 5:37 PM

But surely the new and reformed Newt has already pledged to give that $1,600.000.00 that he got from Freddy Mac back to the taxpayers who had to bail them out. Oh wait …

RasThavas on December 12, 2011 at 5:40 PM

No way a barbie looking doll wife will play well with mainstream America!!!!

liberal4life on December 12, 2011 at 5:26 PM

I didn’t think anyone who said that she was proud of her country for the first time when her husband became President would play well with mainstream America either, but I was wrong.

PatriotGal2257 on December 12, 2011 at 5:40 PM

The Count on December 12, 2011 at 5:33 PM

$$$$$$$$$$$$

It’s all about the Benjamin’s.

JPeterman on December 12, 2011 at 5:42 PM

No way a barbie looking doll wife will play well with mainstream America!!!!

liberal4life on December 12, 2011 at 5:26 PM

I take it you would prefer another Godzilla look alike.

RasThavas on December 12, 2011 at 5:42 PM

Can we ask Obama to sign the ‘no coveting’ pledge?

KaroleD28 on December 12, 2011 at 5:43 PM

One promise between you, your spouse and GOD should be sufficient.

Kissmygrits on December 12, 2011 at 5:44 PM

You all better watch out for the law of unintended consequences.

With all of the support Newt is receiving in many states now, this continued trashing of him by fellow Republicans can only serve to tick off those supporters, who, when Newt pulls out of the race, will be more amenable to a third party choice. Be careful what you wish for people. The Dems only have to sit back and let us implode.

The Good Doctor on December 12, 2011 at 5:46 PM

MJBrutus on December 12, 2011 at 5:37 PM

RasThavas on December 12, 2011 at 5:37 PM

I was referring to the headline and the article. Newt’s statement in a letter is the topic at hand.

lynncgb on December 12, 2011 at 5:49 PM

If I looked like Newt, I wouldn’t cheat on Callista either.

vegconservative on December 12, 2011 at 4:29 PM

Bull sh1t! If my wife looked like Callista, I’d cheat. He11 yeah. Blech. A 2 bagger at best.

Long haired country boy on December 12, 2011 at 5:49 PM

I take it you would prefer another Godzilla look alike.

RasThavas on December 12, 2011 at 5:42 PM

Are you saying that blacks look like Godzillas?
And why is this vicious racist comment tolerated by this site?

liberal4life on December 12, 2011 at 5:51 PM

I’m not sure why everyone is so concerned with whether or not Newt is faithful to Calista. I didn’t think it was anyone’s business when they did it with Clinton either. That’s between the spouses.

I’m curious to know, does anyone ask a doctor whether or not he cheated on his/her spouse before letting them examine you? How about a lawyer or accountant? Do you ask them that question before letting them do the job they were hired to do?

I’ll be voting for the future president based on his/her vision for this country and their ability to remove Barack Obama from office. Not on whether or not they’ve kept their marriage vows.

I leave that up to their spouses.

tnmama on December 12, 2011 at 5:53 PM

Can someone tell me how a thrice married Newt was welcomed into the Catholic Church? My once divorced/remarried father is not supposed to receive Communion anymore. Did he get a Teddy Kennedy annulments? Seems like asking for 2 would be a huge stretch.
The Count on December 12, 2011 at 5:33 PM

My catholic father was also allowed communion after he married his 2nd wife. In the eyes of the church, his 1st marriage was not considered since it was done outside of the catholic church. My stepmother, who was divorced when she married my father, was not allowed to take communion.
The irony of it, my father was a louse, and my stepmother was a good woman.

lonestar1 on December 12, 2011 at 5:53 PM

liberal4life on December 12, 2011 at 5:26 PM

You forget to take your dose of open-mindedness and tolerance again?

chemman on December 12, 2011 at 5:55 PM

Flora Duh on December 12, 2011 at 5:32 PM

Enter “Dude!” articles in the headlines with care.

Cindy Munford on December 12, 2011 at 5:56 PM

Are you saying that blacks look like Godzillas?
And why is this vicious racist comment tolerated by this site?

liberal4life on December 12, 2011 at 5:51 PM

Leave your fictitious monster/racism allegation at the door. You have no credibility here.

KaroleD28 on December 12, 2011 at 5:57 PM

Are you saying that blacks look like Godzillas?
And why is this vicious racist comment tolerated by this site?

liberal4life on December 12, 2011 at 5:51 PM

While better left unsaid, no that isn’t what the person said.

Cindy Munford on December 12, 2011 at 5:58 PM

Newt promises he won’t cheat on Callista as president

This is absurd. The highest office in the land, “frontrunner” reduced to tabloid pledges. Newt is pushing 80, is it really all THAT important? So what happens after the signature, and say, come October 2012 “new” previously unearthed treasures surface? Lol! Come on Newt, do tell~

sunshinek67 on December 12, 2011 at 5:58 PM

@ JPeterman – If the Catholic church is like Christian Orthodox, they don’t recognize marriages outside their church. My husband was Orthodox when we got married and I was Methodist. We married in the Methodist church. Two years later, when I converted, we got married again in the Orthodox church because our marriage was not recognized unless it was blessed in the church by a priest.

So, if Newt converted, then married Calista, the Catholic church does not recognize that Newt was ever married prior to marrying Calista in the church.

I think that’s correct.

tnmama on December 12, 2011 at 5:58 PM

liberal4life on December 12, 2011 at 5:51 PM

You call the wife of a Republican a Barby-Doll which would qualify as a seriously sexist comment and then accuse someone of a racist comment. Have you no shame at all sir? You are a hypocrite of the 1st rake.

chemman on December 12, 2011 at 6:00 PM

You seem upset.

Cindy Munford on December 12, 2011 at 4:47 PM

I’ve been a tad incensed ever since the circus that destroyed Cain’s bid a few weeks ago. Not because Cain’s out, because he wasn’t a great candidate. More because of the tactics, the response by the media, the response by so-called conservatives that convicted him without evidence(which still doesn’t exist), and the standard that the entire debacle established for American politics.

Tell you one thing: I was hoping to run for some kind of office one day. Now, I’m terrified of the concept. All someone has to do is make an accusation, and even if it’s complete bulls**t, it will sink my political aspirations and potentially cause my family hardship.

This, combined with the horrific qualities of the f**king losers we’re left with to choose to challenge possibly the most easily beatable candidate since Carter, has entirely soured me on American politics. Meanwhile, overseas, all three major political parties of England have sided with the EU and told British citizens that if they want a referendum to voice their opinion on remaining in the EU, that they can go f**k themselves.

Just…very dark right now.

MadisonConservative on December 12, 2011 at 6:00 PM

Just…very dark right now.

MadisonConservative on December 12, 2011 at 6:00 PM

MC-well said.

chemman on December 12, 2011 at 6:03 PM

Ok, if someone made jokes about Michelle O having semen in her hair color they would be banned. Its OK because it’s Newt’s wife?

Irritable Pundit on December 12, 2011 at 6:04 PM

MadisonConservative on December 12, 2011 at 6:00 PM

Change your name is Saul, and no one will attack you.

personally, I wouldn’t waste the time on running. All it does it show who has the talons, who has the money, who likes to back stab, and who is actually running the show.

Be the person running the show. Think like a Dem, Mad.

upinak on December 12, 2011 at 6:06 PM

Just…very dark right now.

MadisonConservative on December 12, 2011 at 6:00 PM

I understand, we are living in odd times. I am still in constant flux as to who I will vote for in our primary. As to running for office, I’ve only done one thing in my life that I would take back if I could but I still wouldn’t run for office. Maybe that’s why I’m not really to upset over Newt’s past moral lapses.

Cindy Munford on December 12, 2011 at 6:06 PM

Irritable Pundit on December 12, 2011 at 6:04 PM

Eh? Sexually suggestive jokes are a staple of hot air comments. Allah himself is the butt of half of them. It would be out of left field to ban people for making them.

Darth Executor on December 12, 2011 at 6:08 PM

The Dems are doing what the communists did the in the 1940′s and 1950′s by putting puppets in office… heck we have Obama.

Makes you wonder who else is the puppet and who is pullign their strings.

upinak on December 12, 2011 at 6:08 PM

Actually she is a pretty class act. Something with which some of you are apparently not familiar.

Leave the man’s wife alone.

Irritable Pundit on December 12, 2011 at 4:38 PM

Thank you.
His wife is not running. All this whining about “where oh where are the good people?” They are not going to put their families through this.

katy the mean old lady on December 12, 2011 at 6:08 PM

MadisonConservative on December 12, 2011 at 6:00 PM

Did the sex accusations really crater Cain? I thought the fact that he couldn’t answer basic questions cratered him. It’s not really true that no evidence exists either. Multiple eyewitness testimony is evidence. Not enough to convict him, but not no evidence either.

Darth Executor on December 12, 2011 at 6:09 PM

Thank you.

katy the mean old lady on December 12, 2011 at 6:08 PM

A serial adulterer isn’t a good person.

Darth Executor on December 12, 2011 at 6:10 PM

Are you saying that blacks look like Godzillas?
And why is this vicious racist comment tolerated by this site?

liberal4life on December 12, 2011 at 5:51 PM

There you go projecting your racism … … again.

RasThavas on December 12, 2011 at 6:11 PM

The Christian part of me says: Good For you Newt.
The Ex-wife part can’t quite believe it.

Pecos on December 12, 2011 at 6:11 PM

Principles first.

Santorum or Bachmann, imperfect messengers with a perfect message.

Which will we choose Tea Party Conservatives?

PappyD61 on December 12, 2011 at 5:11 PM

hahaha…. I can’t wait for you to send us the picture of you hacking your nose off with a dull butter knife to spite America.

lol

csdeven on December 12, 2011 at 6:11 PM

I am far less concerned about his wife, but rather will he cheat (on) the American people?

GFW on December 12, 2011 at 6:12 PM

What were you expected when you clicked on an entry with that title?

pedestrian on December 12, 2011 at 5:39 PM

Oh I don’t know. Maybe adult discussion on the topic of the entry, instead of childish sexist comments about Mrs. Gingrich’s looks and hair.

Flora Duh on December 12, 2011 at 6:14 PM

liberal4life on December 12, 2011 at 5:51 PM

While better left unsaid, no that isn’t what the person said.

Cindy Munford on December 12, 2011 at 5:58 PM

idiot4life does not care. He sees in others what he should recognize in himself.

RasThavas on December 12, 2011 at 6:14 PM

Cuz I hope none of y’all are stupid enough to not hold your nose for whichever horrid candidate we get and let Obama win.

-Wasteland Man.

WastelandMan on December 12, 2011 at 4:44 PM

Oh honey, read the comments from some of these fools. Lots of foot stamping,lower lip jutting whiners. Not that they’d actually campaign hard and knock on doors for their choice. Much easier to onlinewhine.

katy the mean old lady on December 12, 2011 at 6:14 PM

GFW on December 12, 2011 at 6:12 PM

Not all the time on everything.

RasThavas on December 12, 2011 at 6:16 PM

this man is an idiot…besides, considering his Methuselah age, am sure Callista has nothing to worry about…

jimver on December 12, 2011 at 4:49 PM

Heh. You must not know a lot of men in their 60′s.

katy the mean old lady on December 12, 2011 at 6:21 PM

What were you expected when you clicked on an entry with that title?

pedestrian on December 12, 2011 at 5:39 PM

Flora Duh on December 12, 2011 at 6:14 PM

I don’t believe I have ever read a thread like this on this site before.

lynncgb on December 12, 2011 at 6:26 PM

lynncgb on December 12, 2011 at 6:26 PM

“Dude” threads in the headlines and just about anything with Megan McCain.

Cindy Munford on December 12, 2011 at 6:30 PM

katy the mean old lady on December 12, 2011 at 6:21 PM

Amen, Sister.

Cindy Munford on December 12, 2011 at 6:30 PM

A serial adulterer isn’t a good person.

Darth Executor on December 12, 2011 at 6:10 PM

I’m so glad that the point went over your head. You could have been killed!

katy the mean old lady on December 12, 2011 at 6:30 PM

Newt is 68. I don’t think he would apprciate pushing 80. I know i would’t

gerrym51 on December 12, 2011 at 6:31 PM

S

I think that’s correct.

tnmama on December

Correct. That’s the Cannon Law.

magone on December 12, 2011 at 6:33 PM

Having a front runner that has to make a pledge like this is an embarrassment to the GOP. If he was willing to break his marriage vows made in front of his wife and in front of God, do you really think a stupid tabloid pledge like this is going to be what straps him down?

A man who won’t keep his promises to his wife can’t be trusted to keep promises to his country.

Ruiner on December 12, 2011 at 6:38 PM

Rush made a very funny but true point today. He said that is was more than humorous that Stephanopolous would ask the question regarding marital fidelity to the Republican contenders at this weekend’s debate when Georgy boy spent the lions’ share of his time as Blue Dress Bill’s right hand man trying to stop the long list of Lewinsky types from Bill’s past from coming forward…

Newt has skeletons for sure…lots of them..but as the popular mantra says, ABO…besides I would LOVE to see Newt eat Obama’s lunch in debates…

LaRepublican on December 12, 2011 at 6:38 PM

I’m so glad that the point went over your head. You could have been killed!

katy the mean old lady on December 12, 2011 at 6:30 PM

Your point makes no sense. How is a bad man being “chased” out of the presidency by having his equally vile wife slanderedaccurately described going to chase away good men?

Darth Executor on December 12, 2011 at 6:39 PM

Newt Gingrich, if he wants to be convincing, should just say ‘I have male menopause, so I can’t cheat.’ I mean, he is 68 years old, right?

The Nerve on December 12, 2011 at 6:39 PM

Darth Executor on December 12, 2011 at 6:10 PM

There’s my favorite HA poster with the nickname that serves to hide his lack of manhood.

CW on December 12, 2011 at 6:39 PM

Just…very dark right now.

MadisonConservative on December 12, 2011 at 6:00 PM

Madison, I hear you. As much as I don’t want Gingrich, a 2nd Obama President will tear this nation apart. Gingrich, I think has some awarenesss of this, but he is still a inside guy which makes me extremely nervious.

I think a second Obama term will bring this country close to separation. Some states will not implement Obamacare, then we have a major consitution crisis. Let alone:

1) European type defaults due to debts
2) Horrible energy policies
3) Suspreme Court Judices and their selection
4) EPA issues

We need to get this out, or the last 4 years will be nothing like the next four.

Oil Can on December 12, 2011 at 6:41 PM

Flora Duh on December 12, 2011 at 6:14 PM

Criticizing someone’s looks isn’t sexist.

Darth Executor on December 12, 2011 at 6:42 PM

…But will he be faithful to capitalism? He’s attacking Romney for his work at Bain Capital? I can’t even call it hypocrisy because Newt’s work for Freddie Mac was stone-cold Crony-Capitalism, so it can’t be fairly compared to Mitt’s work which had nothing to do with cronyism, and everything to do with capitalism.

Buy Danish on December 12, 2011 at 6:46 PM

Ruiner on December 12, 2011 at 6:38 PM

Have you read the pledge? It related to more than marital fidelity, such as upholding DOMA, protecting the sanctity of life and more.

Congresswoman Bachmann, Governor Perry and Senator Santorum also signed the pledge. I think it was rather disingenuous of Tina not to include that information in her post.

Flora Duh on December 12, 2011 at 6:46 PM

I think that’s correct.

tnmama on December

Correct. That’s the Cannon Law.

magone on December 12, 2011 at 6:33 PM

Newt would have had to get both his previous marriages annulled before he married Calista and he did.

PatriotGal2257 on December 12, 2011 at 6:48 PM

Darth Executor on December 12, 2011 at 6:39 PM

Let me type slower for you. I wasn’t talking about Newt at all. I’m talking about the average good person with brains who does not consider running for office, any office, because of nitwits like you and the media dragging their lives through a mix master. Is that clear enough for you?

katy the mean old lady on December 12, 2011 at 6:51 PM

Flora Duh on December 12, 2011 at 6:46 PM

Thanks! You beat me to it.

momoftxmomof3 on December 12, 2011 at 6:52 PM

Buy Danish on December 12, 2011 at 6:46 PM

I’m supporting no one at this point, but that entire exchange is going to backfire on Newt.

JPeterman on December 12, 2011 at 6:55 PM