The Donald: “I represent millions”

posted at 5:45 pm on December 10, 2011 by Jazz Shaw

This really could have been one of those exceptionally funny, snark infested stories, but when Donald Trump steps up to the mic and says he “represents millions of Americans” he’s really not that far off the mark. But before we get to that, let’s get the details from the Telegraph.

Mr Trump’s powerbroker role in the party’s presidential campaign is vexing many Republican grandees – not least as he continues to hold out the possibility that he might launch an independent bid for White House next year.

And in an interview with The Sunday Telegraph, he was typically immodest about why his endorsement is such a highly-coveted prize for those who would be president.

“I’m very handsome, it’s my looks,” deadpanned Mr Trump, 65, who is as famous for his extravagantly combed hair as his outspoken views and “You’re fired” television catchphrase.

Then he continued with his usual swagger: “It’s because I represent the millions of Americans who wanted me to run and who are tired of this country getting ripped off by China and OPEC [the Organisation for Petroleum Exporting Countries] and the rest of the world. We’re a laughing stock – run by stupid people.

“They see me as someone who wouldn’t allow this to happen. The candidates want my endorsement because those millions of Americans listen to me and respect me.”

The tone of this interview is nothing new for Trump. The man is – and I don’t mean this in the offensive way some people use the term – a showman. He’s good at what he does. He also has a sense of humor and is quite aware of the jokes which are sometimes made about his television show, his hair, etc. But at the same time, the numbers don’t lie. There actually were a lot of people who wanted Trump to run for president, many of them serious voices in the political arena.

So does Donald Trump “represent millions of Americans?” I’d have to say that the answer is yes, even if you’re not one of them.

Comments

many of them serious voices in the political arena.

Name one serious voice in politics who wanted this man as President.

vegconservative on December 10, 2011 at 5:48 PM

Yes “millions of Americans” are also overweight. “Millions of Americans” also voted for Obama. I don’t doubt that there are probably at least one million people in this country who believe Trump actually cares about the Republican party. I don’t.

rndmusrnm on December 10, 2011 at 5:51 PM

“I’m very handsome, it’s my looks,”

Please don’t say that Mr Trump.
People have eyes

burrata on December 10, 2011 at 5:54 PM

I didn’t think he had that many ex-wives…

JohnGalt23 on December 10, 2011 at 5:55 PM

Humble, thy name is The Donald.

Johnny Alamo on December 10, 2011 at 5:55 PM

I didn’t think he had that many ex-wives…

JohnGalt23 on December 10, 2011 at 5:55 PM

: )

listens2glenn on December 10, 2011 at 5:56 PM

Dollars?

Cindy Munford on December 10, 2011 at 5:59 PM

The only thing Donald Trump represents is that blonde excuse for hair on top of his head.

The Nerve on December 10, 2011 at 5:59 PM

Er…okay.

andy85719 on December 10, 2011 at 6:01 PM

Jazz, are you saying that there are at least a million stupid people in America? Then, yes, I agree that they could look at Trump seriously. The real take from the Trump story is that all those stupid people are allowed to vote.

NOMOBO on December 10, 2011 at 6:01 PM

Just a reminder that 1 million people is 1/3 of one percent of the American Population. I suppose it might actually be accurate that Donald Represents .33% of the American Public.

vegconservative on December 10, 2011 at 6:11 PM

I didn’t think he had that many ex-wives…

JohnGalt23 on December 10, 2011 at 5:55 PM

Newt Gingrich approves.

JPeterman on December 10, 2011 at 6:12 PM

Hey, PT Barnum D Trump:

You’re fired.

MTLassen on December 10, 2011 at 6:15 PM

it’s 1992 all over again….

H.Ross Trump or Donald Perot…….either name you go with you have one thing in common.

Presidential election spoiler.

It’s almost like the powers-that-be decide in a smoke filled room that they want Obama re-elected so they can do X or get Y and they send the signal to Trump (or whoever) to run to ensure Obama is re-elected.

How else can you explain this kind of crap that we ALWAYS WIND UP with two choices that are only two BIG GOVERNMENT, Liberty stealing Progressive options?

FEARLESS CONSERVATIVE 2012

PappyD61 on December 10, 2011 at 6:15 PM

lostmotherland on December 10, 2011 at 6:18 PM

vegconservative on December 10, 2011 at 6:11 PM

He said millions, plural. So it’s several .33%s!

- The Cat

MirCat on December 10, 2011 at 6:19 PM

If I believed that, I’d be really depressed right now.

What’s next? Snookie for president?

Splashman on December 10, 2011 at 6:21 PM

DON’T LOOK NOW BUT NEWT is about to be mincemeat for speaking the unspeakable…..

Heads exploding in the media in 5….4….3

PappyD61 on December 10, 2011 at 6:23 PM

I want to snark hard on this but the sad fact is…I fear he is right…

Oy vey.

CorporatePiggy on December 10, 2011 at 6:24 PM

Wait a tic,sounds like Trump has Down-Graded himself,I was
under the impressiion,he was worth Billions,er,wait….

….Oh….Trump mean’t people…..never mind(sarc)!!

canopfor on December 10, 2011 at 6:24 PM

PappyD61 on December 10, 2011 at 6:23 PM

In all fairness to Gingrich, it doesn’t take much to infuriate Middle Easterners and their leftist sympathizers planted on home soil, too.

The Nerve on December 10, 2011 at 6:29 PM

Look, Megyn has touched the Hair

This makes it good….yes?

Kini on December 10, 2011 at 6:30 PM

Heads exploding in the media in 5….4….3

PappyD61 on December 10, 2011 at 6:23 PM

PappyD61:Pappy,here ya go!!:)
==============================

Just Rolling in!!
++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++

GOP presidential candidate Newt Gingrich cites ‘invented Palestinian people who are in fact Arabs’ in interview
25 Mins.ago
Update

=============================

The Jewish Channel Exclusive Interview With GOP Front-Runner and former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich
December 9, 2011
*********************
*********************

Republican Presidential Primary front-runner and former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich shared his thoughts on Jewish issues and matters relating to Israel in an exclusive interview with The Jewish Channel, America’s Jewish cable station.

Gingrich told The Jewish Channel’s Steven I. Weiss that Palestinians are not a genuine nation, that he identifies closely with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and that he has “a bias in favor of clemency” for jailed Israeli spy Jonathan Pollard.

by Steven I. Weiss
*******************
*******************

“I think we have had an invented Palestinian people who are in fact Arabs,” Gingrich said, after affirming “I believe that the Jewish people have the right to have a state.” Gingrich went on to suggest that differentiating between Hamas and the Palestinian Authority is not always appropriate, as “both…represent an enormous desire to destroy Israel.” He also specifically criticized PA President Mahmoud Abbas, saying he did not recognize Israel’s right to exist; Abbas has said he won’t recognize Israel as a Jewish State.
(More…..)

5 Videos!
==========

canopfor on December 9, 2011 at 11:58 PM

canopfor on December 10, 2011 at 6:30 PM

After Obama’s election is there anything now that it out of the realm of possibility?

Maddysdaddy on December 10, 2011 at 6:32 PM

Millions of what? Birther’s and reality show addicts?

bazil9 on December 10, 2011 at 6:33 PM

Heads exploding in the media in 5….4….3

PappyD61 on December 10, 2011 at 6:23 PM

Unless a few P-stinans blow themselves up within 24 hours ,
Newt’s words didn’t hurt them

burrata on December 10, 2011 at 6:36 PM

Look, Megyn has touched the Hair

This makes it good….yes?

Kini on December 10, 2011 at 6:30 PM

Kini:Aloha kini,ready for tonights ABC News Debate Ambushy.

Thanks,for the Megyn touchs Trumps Big Brain,haha,heres
the Fox theme!:)
=======================

“Hair” by the Cowsills
**********************

canopfor on December 10, 2011 at 6:39 PM

canopfor on December 10, 2011 at 6:30 PM

Once again my friend…

… you set the record straight.

(Note to newbies: This is how you do it, but start slow. Canopfor’s expertise is years in the making. That’s what makes him so valuable!)

Seven Percent Solution on December 10, 2011 at 6:39 PM

He may represent “millions” of people (most of whom can’t be bothered to tear themselves away from reality TV long enough to actually vote), but I take issue with the Telegraph’s characterization of Trump as a “powerbroker”.

flipflop on December 10, 2011 at 6:42 PM

O/T
====

@AlexNBCNews
Packed house for @NewtGingrich HQ opening in Iowa #decision2012 #iacaucus http://t.co/typtvqXH
2 Hrs.ago
Update
========

canopfor on December 10, 2011 at 6:44 PM

canopfor on December 10, 2011 at 6:30 PM
=======================================

Once again my friend…

… you set the record straight.

Seven Percent Solution on December 10, 2011 at 6:39 PM

Seven Percent Solution:Thanks for the kind words,its in the wrist
and google search word selection,however,
that one popped up on breaking news last
night,as in Serendipity,haha!:)

canopfor on December 10, 2011 at 6:47 PM

So two million people would be 0.666% of the US population. That seems about right for The Donald.

WhatNot on December 10, 2011 at 6:50 PM

Yes, Donald, you represent millions–millions who practice the cult of onan with the vapid media doing all the rubbing.

Nothing but an a$$inine clownshow. Hey Donald, while you have the spotlight at least call attention to the dozens of impeachable crimes for which this regime must be called to account. If you can stand the attention off of you for five seconds.

Western_Civ on December 10, 2011 at 6:53 PM

Remember when that “journalist” wanted a ban on Palin articles for a whole month? I want to propose we do the same for Trump…only permanently.

joekenha on December 10, 2011 at 6:58 PM

I don’t have a problem with Trump because I choose not to pay any attention to him. It’s just unfortunate that the presidential contenders didn’t show the similar good sense to ignore him; however, It does stink of hypocrisy and opportunism to rush to Trump tower to chat with Donald for some free publicity, and then dismiss him as unserious at a later date. That’s pure weak sauce.

Spirit Crusher on December 10, 2011 at 7:28 PM

Trump represents many of us who have become jaded by a GOP which no longer represents our conservative values,and a political process so dysfunctional that problems cannot be solved either because our politicians are too corrupt, or merely unprincipled hacks.Trump has the courage of his convictions and is willing to tell it like it is!

redware on December 10, 2011 at 8:02 PM

Trump is right about one thing…this country is being run by stupid people and the crop of candidates seeking to take over do not appear to be much of an upgrade.

pcola71 on December 10, 2011 at 8:02 PM

Why is it that whenever Trump is being interviewed (how many countless times, and for what length)…nothing he is saying sinks in for me!…..All I can do is look at his dooh…think $millions…think hair plugs and all that is offered to hair challenged people today…and I’m not hearing anything of what he is saying…I’m looking the whole time at that gawddarn head and contemplating that hair thing. The whole time! WHY?
WHY?

KOOLAID2 on December 10, 2011 at 8:07 PM

An orange peel is an upgrade over what we have now.

Freedom on December 10, 2011 at 8:34 PM

“…of shareholders.”

HitNRun on December 10, 2011 at 9:20 PM

Representative: A person chosen, elected or appointed to speak for or represent another or others.

When did Trump win election? Or, how and when was he chosen or appointed? Did he get some kind of Power of Attorney signed by “millions?”

I tend to think he was misquoted. I think he said, “I got millions.”

Horace on December 10, 2011 at 9:47 PM

Trump is a blowhard. This is the same guy who in early 2009 would go on FOX & Friends and claim Obama was doing a good job. Rush had to tell him on the golf course who Obama really was. Trump may understand business and real estate but he is totally clueless about what the Democrat party has become.

Have you noticed the number of other big business guys that supported Obama in 2008 but are now coming forward against him?

How can people so smart about making money be so inept at choosing a President. What it tells me is that the mega rich believe both parties are the same and both are for sale so it really doesn’t matter. Well sometimes they are right, but not in 2008. It also tells me they get their news from the big 3 networks and the New York Times.

Nope, it’s not your grandfathers Democrat party anymore guys. JFK wouldn’t even get invited to a convention.

JB-STLMO on December 10, 2011 at 11:43 PM

With the exit of Herman Cain, I’d say The Donald is right. He does represent millions of Americans. DD

Darvin Dowdy on December 10, 2011 at 11:55 PM

Trump’s Morning Routine:

Melania says “No.”
Trump adjusts his truss
Groans and rolls over last night’s peanut shells
Showers
Calls for body servant to shave his back
Slathers on Orange Glo & reclines in tanning bed
Sticks his head in cotton candy machine until bald spot is covered
Dresses in suit du jour that maid picked out
Calls for body servant to help put on socks & shoes
Stands before funhouse mirror
Recites daily affirmation

“You are a handsome man.
You are the most powerful man in the world.
Your portfolio is huge–no, YOOOOJ!”

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on December 11, 2011 at 12:38 AM

“I’m very handsome, it’s my looks,”

I can’t help but admire that. He says “I’m very handsome,” then, in case you didn’t understand what he meant, he reiterates. “In my looks.”

It’s the reiteration that divides the … whatever he is from the rest that he isn’t.

I know that last statement said nothing at all.

Maybe I should run.

— And I’m pretty sure he represents millions, too. So does Ron Paul. So does Ru Paul.

Axe on December 11, 2011 at 2:06 AM

Melania says “No.”
Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on December 11, 2011 at 12:38 AM

1,000,000 – 1

Kenosha Kid on December 11, 2011 at 5:11 AM

Sure, Donny …
You’re nothing but a modern-day P.T. Barnum.
Just go away. Oh, and take your fans with you, Donny.
~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on December 11, 2011 at 10:59 AM

Any one catch the SNL skit with the Donald? Pretty funny.

wi farmgirl on December 11, 2011 at 12:19 PM

Trump represents millions of dumb Americans.

The only people that really wanted Trump to run are those that want a celebrity to run. Especially the media, and especially Fox News since they can’t have him on the air enough.

Moesart on December 11, 2011 at 12:55 PM

Trump is just another showman in the same mold as P.T.Barnum.

RZuendt on December 12, 2011 at 5:36 PM