CBS poll: 54% say Obama doesn’t deserve re-election

posted at 10:15 am on December 10, 2011 by Ed Morrissey

News of the CBS poll dropped while I was driving yesterday evening to Des Moines to cover tonight’s Republican debate, and in looking at the figures this morning, the White House has to be happy this came out on a Friday night.  Despite a three-month strategy to claim the moral high ground through class warfare, not-so-coincidentally occurring with labor-backed protests in most major cities, Barack Obama’s approval numbers have not changed much at all.  The latest CBS survey shows his job approval under water at 44/46, but that’s not the worst part of the poll results for the President:

Less than one year out from Election Day 2012, voters remain overwhelmingly pessimistic about the economy, and their concerns are taking a toll on President Obama’s re-election chances. Just 41 percent of Americans think Mr. Obama has performed his job well enough to be elected to a second term, whereas 54 percent don’t think so.

The president’s overall approval rating remains in the mid-40′s, according to a CBS News poll – lower than the approval ratings of Mr. Obama’s four presidential predecessors at this point in their first terms. Mr. Obama’s approval rating is dragged down by his poor marks for his handling of the economy – which, at 33 percent, is the lowest rating of his presidency in CBS News polls.

Mr. Obama receives better marks on foreign policy and for his leadership skills. But when it comes to leading the economy in the right direction, voters are unimpressed: Just 28 percent think he has made progress on improving the economy. And most Americans say the president doesn’t share the public’s priorities, according to the poll, conducted December 5-7.

This last point is key in the context of Obama’s strategy this year.  Since his speech to a joint session of Congress in early September, Obama has vigorously positioned himself as the champion of the middle and working classes, attacking Republicans as the party of the wealthy and pushing for redistributive policies, including those in his so-called “jobs bill” that even Democrats wouldn’t pass.  That strategy has been a total flop.  The numbers on the question of whether Obama shares the priorities of voters fell to the worst in the CBS series, 41/54, not coincidentally the same percentage as the question of whether Obama deserves re-election.  In April, that was 43/53, and in May 2010 — as Obama headed for a historical mid-term rebuke — it was 45/47. It hasn’t changed the perception that Obama is helping Wall Street more than average Americans (42/38).

The damage can be seen in the question of whether Obama has been a uniter or a divider (38/47), with independents breaking 35/48 on the question.  Obama is also -18 among independents on the re-election question, 37/55, a harbinger of disaster in November.  Even while Obama keeps fanning the flames of class warfare, no one is sure what Obama intends to do with a second term anyway.  Two-thirds don’t have a clear idea on his second-term goals (32/66) — and that includes a majority of Democrats (46/52) along with more than two-thirds of independents (29/69).

Obama’s reboot as a class warrior has not changed the trajectory of his decline.  In some ways, it appears to have accelerated it.  This might explain the new theme of desperately trying to tie himself to Teddy Roosevelt’s legacy, but if this poll gives any indication, Obama will end up going the way of the Bull Moose.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

“The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their President. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president.”

editorial from Prager Zeitung (Czech Republic)
04/28/10

Prager Zeitung is a German language newspaper published in the Czech Republic. I held on to that quote because it describes perfectly what’s wrong with our country, not just Emperor Obeyme, but the 46% – the mob of idiots – who will happily follow him as he leads them into the bowels of Hell all the while chanting “It’s Bush’s fault!”

oldleprechaun on December 10, 2011 at 11:24 AM

I’m sorry for that last post. I have been informed his full name is William Henry Huntsman.

My apologies.

directorblue on December 10, 2011 at 11:23 AM

It’s Mike Huntsman.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on December 10, 2011 at 11:26 AM

This is good news. Maybe even Rahm Paul could be elected!

WhatNot on December 10, 2011 at 11:26 AM

President Zero is in deep, deep trouble.

Rational Thought on December 10, 2011 at 11:19 AM

He knows it, his party knows it, his advisors know it. So who in his party is going to step up and challenge him? There must be rumblings behind the scenes.

salem on December 10, 2011 at 11:27 AM

My apologies.

directorblue on December 10, 2011 at 11:23 AM

I hear they call him “Honey” for short – Honey Huntsman. And God help me, I’ll be voting for Honey if he manages to get the nod. Or I’ll be voting for crazy RP. Or Crazy Eyes. I’ll be voting for the candidate who isn’t Obama. Period. I call that voter intensity. I don’t think I’m alone.

Rational Thought on December 10, 2011 at 11:28 AM

Polls have become like flatulence at a bean eating contest, omnipresent and rank.

Windsweeping on December 10, 2011 at 11:28 AM

Whoever the GOP nominee is better have concrete proposals for getting us out of this economic mess. I don’t think ‘not Obama’ is going to be strong enough…although I hope it is.

sDs61678 on December 10, 2011 at 11:32 AM

I think Huntsman is Al Mahdi – the 12th Imam.

He hasn’t been seen in 600 years because he’s hiding in an oil well in Utah. But when he finally emerges all kinds of weird and wonderful stuff is going to happen.

CorporatePiggy on December 10, 2011 at 11:34 AM

Maybe even Rahm Paul could be elected!

What the Hell, with what appear to be our choices even Rue Paul could get elected.

oldleprechaun on December 10, 2011 at 11:38 AM

My apologies.

directorblue on December 10, 2011 at 11:23 AM

It’s Mike Abercrombie Ditwiler Huntsman.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on December 10, 2011 at 11:26 AM

fossten on December 10, 2011 at 11:40 AM

Thank you What Not and Fallon! I am new and you are the first Hot Gassers to respond to me!

FLconservative on December 10, 2011 at 11:43 AM

I hope and pray he fails.

Naturally Curly on December 10, 2011 at 11:47 AM

I wish polls like this would allow for me to relax just a bit. It has the opposite affect. My concern is for everyone of the folks that are engaged in the process there are five that aren’t. The culture in the US has become one of celebrity to the point where the good looking smiley black guy trumps the stodgy old white guy. This might be a shallow take on it but look around. I’m unsure on whether any of our candidates have the appeal it takes to woo the unengaged. We probably need to consider this in picking our nominee. Its a shame but it is what it is. We have to get Obama out now. I’m truly torn, we have what should be the greatest opportunity in a long time to get a authentic conservative elected, yet here we are. Its such a risky situation and we can’t afford to screw this one up. I’m 52 my first vote I ever cast was for Ronald Reagan, now for the first time in my adult life I am not feeling optimistic about our chances. I’m not sure Reagan could even when this thing. I never thought this could happen in my lifetime. With that said we had better consider who will beat Obama over all other considerations in choosing our nominee. The public in large part won’t give a hoot how pure a conservative the nominee is.

Bmore on December 10, 2011 at 11:49 AM

If this long legged mac-daddy gets reelected, we deserve it.

Our only hope is to get super majorities in congress and over turn massive amounts of regulations and restrictions plus, we will have to drastically reform spending, the size of the government etc.

However, I have scant hope as our political system has become a self-serving enrichment program for politicians.

esnap on December 10, 2011 at 11:50 AM

Since, with Barack Obama, perception is reality, this must sting bad for him.

The Nerve on December 10, 2011 at 11:52 AM

Windsweeping on December 10, 2011 at 11:28 AM

KA-BOOM
Oh! Pardon ME! I didn’t realize…

ExpressoBold on December 10, 2011 at 12:03 PM

I wouldn’t have believed that 41% are willing to give him a second term until I had Thanksgiving dinner with my in-laws. I guess democrats from Illinois are willing to give anyone a second term. (They voted for Carter twice, Blago twice and now The One a second time.) Shouldn’t there be some test that says with this type of voting history, your just not allowed to cast another vote?

jimp.smith on December 10, 2011 at 12:06 PM

The President’s class warfare might not work.

If not, that is very good news for all of us. The elitist left thinks there is something “wrong with Kansas” because they are mystified by the the resistance of rank and file Americans to use democracy as a tool to abuse the minority in Robin Hood fashion. It is of course a great temptation and the President is trolling the forbidden fruit before the folks in an impressive Faustian manner.

If they don’t take the bait when it is offered on a silver platter like this, then maybe that means there really is nothing wrong with “Kansas.”. Maybe “Kansas” simply has some principles.

IndyinVirginny on December 10, 2011 at 12:09 PM

When public-school teachers are evaluated, they get no allowance whatsoever if they happen to have been given some of the worst students in school. If discipline/achievement doesn’t improve, the teacher is downgraded. I have always thought this to be unfair.

But not in the case of the president when seeking re-election.

I have a feeling that a silent majority are very willing to take a chance on the eventual GOP nominee, because, down deep, they know that 0bama is cutting it.

cane_loader on December 10, 2011 at 12:09 PM

I’m of the percentage that believe he, and crew, deserves to be in Leavenworth.

zenron on December 10, 2011 at 12:12 PM

Rational Thought” “I’ll be voting for the candidate who isn’t Obama. Period. I call that voter intensity. I don’t think I’m alone.”

That is why I think this is the year to support Santorum, or Ron Paul, or Bachmann, or whoever you really think would be best, no matter how “out there” they are by usual standards. Because this time, if they get to the general election, they win. People are done with Obama. Jay Cost is right: the “food stamps” President will not be re-elected.

Therefore the only thing to think about is is who will do the right thing, or better than anyone else, once they get to the White House.

David Blue on December 10, 2011 at 12:12 PM

Just how many of those would never vote for the right no matter how bad it is. Sure O does not deserve re-election but not one Republican deserves it at all.

How many on the left will hold ones nose and vote for the not left enough Obama.

tjexcite on December 10, 2011 at 12:13 PM

Yes, but who are those comprising that 46%? I’m astonished that the number of those who think he shouldn’t be re-elected isn’t much higher.

blackgriffin on December 10, 2011 at 12:20 PM

Obama is definitely the weakest president since Jimmy Carter to run for reelection, but I’m still concerned we might have our own bull moose situation where a republican breaks off and Obama wins with a plurality.

If we can remain united behind our nominee, then we can win next November.

timbok on December 10, 2011 at 12:21 PM

Obama is in full reflection mode now, that class warfare speech he gave in Kansas the other day was just the tip of the iceberg. Obama at this time is playing up the class warfare, and the wonders of socialism card in a another attempt to fire up his base, because the occupy protest were a dismal failure at it. Who ever gets the Republican nomination better be well prepared because the old media will be in full “we have to protect and save Obama” mode this election cycle.

Beastdogs on December 10, 2011 at 12:22 PM

IOWA DEBATE TONIGHT:

Diane Sawyer and George Stephanopolis (sp?) at 8pm on ABC.

Sorry haven’t figured out to work the board yet.

CoffeeLover on December 10, 2011 at 10:34 AM

GAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG !!!!!!

Talk about Hot Air? And somehow Trump isn’t a viable debate moderator but these two Obama Lapdogs are? Jeesh, the GOP is just stuck on stupid.

>>>> big friggin Possum Holler sigh <<<<

PappyD61 on December 10, 2011 at 12:22 PM

I can’t believe all the negativity about this president, I mean, come on give him a chance. After all-consider the facts, to name just a few:
It is Bush’s fault,
He’s only had 3 years
He has improved his golf swing
and did I mention Bush is to blame?

3dpuzzman on December 10, 2011 at 12:23 PM

sorry meant full election mode

Beastdogs on December 10, 2011 at 12:23 PM

In Ladysmith, South Africa, the mightiest warrior is called:

Olu Fameea Effal-ayo Donkun Diyae Huntsman.

Respect. :p

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on December 10, 2011 at 12:25 PM

Mr. Obama receives better marks on foreign policy and for his leadership

Meh, a good leader doesn’t divide his flock, bitterly, blatantly and impertinently at that. A good leader also leads by example. He and Michelle live the lives of billionaires, always will, while preaching at all others.

Change ‘n Hope

or

From Diapers to Depends

Schadenfreude on December 10, 2011 at 12:25 PM

In a sane world, Llewellynn DeVries Huntsman would be recognized as the moderate winner that he is — able to unite the 99% with the 1% in peace, harmony and prosperity from sea to shining sea.

Solaratov on December 10, 2011 at 12:31 PM

D+12 I’m gussing.

Eph on December 10, 2011 at 12:31 PM

The elephant in the room I never see mentioned is that don’t rich Democrats have 401(k)s too?

You’d think that a certain percentage of Dems who have voted more through tradition than philosophy will look at their investments and fire 0bama because it’s not just Republicans who have lost a lot of money during his presidency.

Does anyone here feel the same?

cane_loader on December 10, 2011 at 12:32 PM

Duh!

Pragmatic on December 10, 2011 at 12:33 PM

There’s an old sea story about a ship’s Captain who inspected
his sailors, and afterward told the first mate that his men smelled bad. The Captain suggested perhaps it would help if the sailors would change underwear occasionally.

The first mate responded, “Aye, aye sir, I’ll see to it immediately! “The first mate went straight to the sailors berth deck and announced, “The Captain thinks you guys smell bad and wants you to change your underwear. “He continued, “Pittman, you change with Jones, McCarthy, you change with Witkowski, and Brown, you change with
Schultz.”

THE MORAL OF THE STORY: Someone may come along and promise “Change”, but don’t count on things smelling any better.

Schadenfreude on December 10, 2011 at 12:33 PM

Respect. :p

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on December 10, 2011 at 12:25 PM

In Ladysmith, VA, he’s called Bubba Huntsman.

ExpressoBold on December 10, 2011 at 12:35 PM

One of the most telling items in this “poll” is the fact that 66% of all Americans surveyed don’t know what Obama is running FOR in 2012.

That’s the question that MomJeans needs to answer.

Key West Reader on December 10, 2011 at 12:37 PM

Schadenfreude on December 10, 2011 at 12:33 PM

That is awesome. Should be made into a campaign ad by SarahPAC!

Key West Reader on December 10, 2011 at 12:39 PM

That’s an old “Polish” joke, but it works :D

cane_loader on December 10, 2011 at 12:40 PM

No way is its just 54%

These polls never poll anyone i know.

I know that because there’s never a percentage that replied “Hell, no; i wouldnt vote for him”

cougar on December 10, 2011 at 12:42 PM

Alternate headline: “46% of Americans Eagerly Await Next American Idol”.

Clink on December 10, 2011 at 10:54 AM

or 46% of Americans have closed their eyes, put their fingers in their ears, and are shouting “la la la la la …”

Bunsin2 on December 10, 2011 at 12:42 PM

Bmore, I’m with you: I’m 50 years old and my first vote was for Ronald Reagan. I remember the hard times caused by Jimma and believed in the “shining city on the hill”. I have ever since. I was appalled at the disregard of Bubba’s lies and indescritions in office. Then watched as angry demorats and the willing media tore Bush apart with half truths and outright lies. The total loss of all common sense now is really scary, no so much for me but for my kids and grandkids. It just seems that no matter what this clown does he has near half the country that just blindly follows him. Even polls like this one dosnt help what I feel coming. I really think this puke will see Amreica burn before he will accept defeat.

txdonboy on December 10, 2011 at 12:43 PM

cougar on December 10, 2011 at 12:42 PM

I got polled by the DNC a few months ago. Told them I was independent, voted for Momjeans with enthusiasm in 2008 and when they asked if I’d vote for him again, I said yes. Because I don’t want to be a racist.

All of my answers were lies. Polls. Meh.

Key West Reader on December 10, 2011 at 12:44 PM

cane_loader on December 10, 2011 at 12:32 PM

I’m pretty sure many are still blaming Bush.

Bmore on December 10, 2011 at 12:45 PM

In Ladysmith, VA, he’s called Bubba Huntsman.

ExpressoBold on December 10, 2011 at 12:35 PM

HA!! In South America he is remembered as Conquistador Luis De Consuelo Maldonado Perez-Huntsman. In Sicily he is the most feared Don Bugliosi “Fat Pat” DeGrassio Huntsman. How dare you mock(cyber glove-slap).

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on December 10, 2011 at 12:45 PM

Bunsin2 on December 10, 2011 at 12:42 PM

Er… do you know that 46% of Americans are now on food stamps thanks to Obama? How ironic that 46% are ambivalent at best.

Key West Reader on December 10, 2011 at 12:46 PM

I wonder if a campaign with the logo “We are the 54%” would get as much political attention as a certain other percentage obsessed organization out there.

Snakiis on December 10, 2011 at 12:46 PM

CBS poll: 54% say Obama doesn’t deserve re-election

Deserve’s got nothing to do with it.

Never underestimate the GOP’s ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

rukiddingme on December 10, 2011 at 12:51 PM

Here’s the problem, folks. I’m at work today and it’s a bit slow, so people are talking a lot. What are they talking about? Sports. These people know everything about every team whether it be college or pro. Every player at every position. Even the backups. Football, basketball, baseball, the works. Yet I guarantee you they couldn’t tell you who the House Minority leader is or name two Supreme Court justices. So when a pollster calls and asks people like this about King Putt, they often think…he does NCAA brackets so he’s pretty cool, therefore deserves to be reelected. Sad but true. We live in an extremely distracted, dumbed down society or Dear Leader would be in federal prison by now.

BR549 on December 10, 2011 at 12:51 PM

txdonboy on December 10, 2011 at 12:43 PM

A lot of folks that think he leaves willingly are just wishful thinkers. I say he will double down and fight like hell to stay in. We have one huge task in front of us. The Dems have been working on this for a very long time and they are within the red zone. Turning this around is going to take two things we are short on, time and an informed public. The clock keeps ticking….

Bmore on December 10, 2011 at 12:54 PM

rukiddingme on December 10, 2011 at 12:51 PM

Exactly.

Bmore on December 10, 2011 at 12:56 PM

You’re kidding right? Do you honestly think the white house is “shaking” based on the current crop of GOP candidates?
It pains me greatly to say it, but I think the White House is probably taking the “keep our mouth shut and let them keep knocking each other out” position.
They have to be laughing about the potential GOP nominee and the true realistic “electability” of said nominee.

Newt and/or Mitt ain’t seen nothing yet. If either of them is nominated the mud slinging will begin and much of it will stick as far as the electorate is concerned. I doubt the dems are even blinking an eye about who will challenge Obama. They feel the GOP is doing a fine job of getting him re-elected on their own.
Forget about right now….fast forward to election year and just imagine how Mitt or Newt will be portrayed in the media and, in turn, public opinion. It aint pretty and they really have nowhere to “run”.

And, yes…it pains me to say this.

Lean a little on December 10, 2011 at 12:58 PM

How dare you mock(cyber glove-slap).

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on December 10, 2011 at 12:45 PM

Who said I was mocking?

ExpressoBold on December 10, 2011 at 12:58 PM

BR549 on December 10, 2011 at 12:51 PM

Yeah and that stuff doesn’t even affect their prosperity. I’m just hoping we can make some inroads on the House and Senate side to cover the bet.

Bmore on December 10, 2011 at 1:00 PM

& those receiving food stamps, not paying federal taxes, on extended unemployment, the public unions ….wonder who they’re mainly going to vote for?
I just don’t think Obama is worried at all. He’ll probably just take more bus tours at taxpayer expense to get out with the people.

Belle on December 10, 2011 at 1:00 PM

Sad but true aint it?!?!
Talk about a gift-wrapped slam dunk Presidential seat in the oval office! And I suspect it is becoming more of a challenge than it ever had to be. :(

Lean a little on December 10, 2011 at 1:01 PM

Alternate headline: “46% of Americans Eagerly Await Next American Idol”.

Clink on December 10, 2011 at 10:54 AM

You know it is possible to like American Idol and hate this administration.

whbates on December 10, 2011 at 1:04 PM

ExpressoBold,
Mr. Steven Urkel Huntsman will NOT be denied this nomination, Sir. “Bubba” in Virginia? Please. On superior info (TMZ), I hear that he is known there as Audra “Big Valley” Barkley-Huntsman. *tsk*

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on December 10, 2011 at 1:09 PM

Lean a little on December 10, 2011 at 1:01 PM

If the Senate turns red and the House stays red, losing the POTUS race won’t be catastrophic.

Of course, the GOP is quite capable of flubbing those races as well.

rukiddingme on December 10, 2011 at 1:10 PM

CBS poll: 54% say Obama doesn’t deserve re-election

Happy Saturday!!

cmsinaz on December 10, 2011 at 1:12 PM

He didn’t deserve to be elected in the first place, but lucked out thanks to a combination of mush-for-brains Dem voters and a lackluster GOP nominee. Unfortunately, I sense history is poised to repeat itself in both regards, despite the polls.

KS Rex on December 10, 2011 at 1:12 PM

Sadly agree, KS, wish it weren’t so….
What will really clinch it is if a viable 3rd party candidate gets in.

Belle on December 10, 2011 at 1:18 PM

*tsk*

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on December 10, 2011 at 1:09 PM

Good Grief! You have more anachronisms than an analog watch with a stem-wound spring movement!

ExpressoBold on December 10, 2011 at 1:18 PM

BR549 on December 10, 2011 at 12:51 PM

I don’t know why America shouldn’t support a man, who gives free advice about the state of the Chicago Bears, and the play of a Star PG.

The People have a right to know!!

Snakiis on December 10, 2011 at 1:20 PM

54% say Obama doesn’t deserve re-election

They are now more dangerous than rabid wolverines.

They have nothing to lose.

The GOP either wins big (350+ EV) or goes home.

There’s no threading the needle – it’s landslide or nothing.

Bruno Strozek on December 10, 2011 at 1:25 PM

ExpressoBold,

I am an anachronism wrapped in an enigma tied up in a pretty mystery.

*tsk* & LOL! :p

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on December 10, 2011 at 1:26 PM

What I find troubling is that, despite Obama’s failure on so many levels, he can still manage to garner an approx. 40% approval rate.

The reality challenged 40%. Who are these people? Why do they make up such a large portion of our society? Can we as a nation survive with so many fools?

xstatic on December 10, 2011 at 1:27 PM

You really don’t think he was elected on the votes of only Dems do you?

Think back…..you’ll remember….’member?

Lean a little on December 10, 2011 at 1:29 PM

I think Huntsman is Al Mahdi – the 12th Imam.

CorporatePiggy on December 10, 2011 at 11:34 AM

Could be dear leader is the Mahdi. 7 years ago he was unknown “community organizer” from the “well” , cesspool of Chicago and has risen to the leader of the free world. (Slight snark on)

FLconservative on December 10, 2011 at 1:30 PM

*tsk* & LOL! :p

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on December 10, 2011 at 1:26 PM

You forgot “Happy to be little ole ME!”

ExpressoBold on December 10, 2011 at 1:30 PM

Bu-bye d-bag-barry, hope you and yer corrupt cronies don’t let the WH door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya!!

Time for you to retire…..then you can ignore all of the problems you’ve created for this nation, tune out, play a lot of golf, go on long vacations, and publicly trash this great Nation!

Come to think of it….nothing’s really gonna change for you…….JUST US!!

Tim_CA on December 10, 2011 at 1:32 PM

Headline: 41% of Americans couldn’t blow their noses if brains were dynamite.

mikec3 on December 10, 2011 at 1:32 PM

Does not 54% seem rather low? I honestly know of nobody who approves of Oblahblah’s performance, or even likes the guy!

Rafale on December 10, 2011 at 1:39 PM

Believe me, I will be the first to dance on the grave of the Obama presidency. But we must not underestimate our enemy. At 44% job approval, Zero still has a way to go to reach Bush’s all-time low of 29%.

wdkeller on December 10, 2011 at 1:46 PM

I have only one comment on this: HOW IN THE HELL do 46% think this moron DESERVES re-election?

That surprises me more than 54% saying that he doesn’t.

Oh, wait a moment… 47% of the population pays no taxes and depend on hand out’s from “Obama’s Stash”.

wildcat72 on December 10, 2011 at 1:52 PM

New to the ‘HotGas’ family. Hope to join in the conversation soon. Regarding the poll(s) I BELIEVE I’m as motivated as the next guy but we need to remain calm and focused.

forsaken on December 10, 2011 at 1:52 PM

Belle I too am worry about a third party person running as well, because that will definitely guarantee a Obama reelection. Not to long ago in my district which has a republican majority in voter registration, we had a special election for Congress. A gentleman who ran for the seat several times in the past as a democrat and lost, ran for the seat this time as a third party candidate. He was calling himself a Tea Party endorsed candidate and a Conservative as well (he was neither, he was a liberal democrat), but he was able to draw enough votes from the republican running that the liberal democrat was able to sneak in and take the seat.

Beastdogs on December 10, 2011 at 1:57 PM

47% will vote for him? I say Obama’s chances are quite good. Uphill battle next year….we need the best candidate and more money than ‘God’ to prevail.

Redford on December 10, 2011 at 1:58 PM

thanks for finally opening registration. barring martial law, Obama is a one term president. consider voting for Ron Paul. America, we get what we deserve. this is our country our government. if we don’t control them, they will contol us.

standupandbecounted on December 10, 2011 at 1:59 PM

wildcat72 on December 10, 2011 at 1:52 PM

ding ding ding…peggy joseph still waiting…

cmsinaz on December 10, 2011 at 2:00 PM

And the other 46% are the one who pay no taxes.

Gee, that was hard to figure out…….

KMC1 on December 10, 2011 at 2:02 PM

y’all stay cool and we’ll see you tonight at the debate

cmsinaz on December 10, 2011 at 2:03 PM

He hasn`t done a good job in 3 yrs and at this point words are not going to be enough to get him out of the deep hole he dug for himself.

Batman2000 on December 10, 2011 at 2:05 PM

Whats the sample? I will bet it favors dems and indies once again, which artificially make things look better.

Sorta like the global warming data.

And the unemployment data,

and the GDP data.

FAKE

dogsoldier on December 10, 2011 at 2:06 PM

You forgot “Happy to be little ole ME!”

ExpressoBold on December 10, 2011 at 1:30 PM

Hows ’bout “Don’t hate…Congratulate!”

And since I’m a child of the 70s, Have a nice day! :D

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on December 10, 2011 at 2:09 PM

A song for Obama, please share and “like” seems to really upset the “Left”. http://youtu.be/AokBQwrn6u0

joisSC on December 10, 2011 at 2:12 PM

Respect. :p

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on December 10, 2011 at 12:25 PM

In Ladysmith, VA, he’s called Bubba Huntsman.

ExpressoBold on December 10, 2011 at 12:35 PM

In Ladysmith, B.C. he’s known as Randolph Mantooth Huntsman III.

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on December 10, 2011 at 2:12 PM

Oh snap!

Remember how the blue states re-arranged their electoral vote determinations to coincide with the national popular vote?

Karma. How fast will those states move to cancel their “popular” vote legislation?

BobMbx on December 10, 2011 at 2:15 PM

Difficultas_Est_Imperium

**giggles** I rather like the name Randolph Mantooth…Brilliant!

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on December 10, 2011 at 2:16 PM

oldleprechaun on December 10, 2011 at 11:24 AM

This is true, but I still hold Satan in contempt, for seducing the sinners

The citizenry capable of entrusting a man like Obama were created by three forces, the union controlled schools, the banishment of religion from the public square, and the legalism which has usurped parental control of children and placed it in the hands of the State (i.e. the schools). Obama is part of the great war effort to detach America from its beliefs and these new style Americans look not to their faith, but their Nanny State for guidance

One hundred years ago, would parents let a Presiden’ts wife prevent them from giving bread and butter sandwiches to their children?

Obama was staged, carefully staged, to look like the answer man for those who believe State guidance is The Way

I enjoy science fiction. The (now feminized) SyFy channel barrages viewers with pap about monsters, or global disasters threatening America, and the weepy victims wait for FEMA, or seek out FEMA, or work for FEMA to beat the challenge. The propaganda is immense, and for those who no longer respect the Bible, it is their only guidance

However, it is obvious Obama destroyed the remains of the economy, and in the end people want their money

entagor on December 10, 2011 at 2:18 PM

I hope and pray he fails.

Naturally Curly on December 10, 2011 at 11:47 AM

Amen!

St Gaudens on December 10, 2011 at 2:21 PM

I semi-agree with you, but here’s where the Problem lies.
Michelle Bachman is all those things, except she likes to spout off about social con things which then get spun like Palin to make her look like the worst person in the world.
We need a candidate that will do everything you say, but just leave the easy fodder stuff alone until after elected. I may be wrong in saying it, but it’s what I’ve seen. Other than the gardisil stuff and the Gay stuff. Her TEA Party platform is rock solid and exactly what the country needs.

But pretty much her campaign is dead sadly.

-Wasteland Man.

WastelandMan on December 10, 2011 at 10:50 AM

I agree as I posted on the other thread regarding Santorum. As for Bachmann, I am willing to step in as a makeup artist and fix those eyes! Why oh why is she wearing fake eyelashes that HIGHLIGHT the problem, nevertheless the rest of the eye makeup?

ProudPalinFan on December 10, 2011 at 2:23 PM

No wonder Obama is taking so many vacay’s and speech trips. The smell of duhfeet must be getting over powering at the White House.

dddave on December 10, 2011 at 2:26 PM

Remind me again why we have to worry about choosing an “electable” Republican as opposed to a solid conservative?

geoffreyawhite on December 10, 2011 at 2:26 PM

In Ladysmith, South Africa, the mightiest warrior is called:

Olu Fameea Effal-ayo Donkun Diyae Huntsman.

Respect. :p

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on December 10, 2011 at 12:25 PM

lol, has Joseph Shabalala written a song about him yet?

Del Dolemonte on December 10, 2011 at 2:26 PM

“CBS poll: 54% say Obama doesn’t deserve re-election”
“We are the 54%!” Occupy the end of Social Engineering!
…..and we don’t even need to set up a dumpy camp.

IslandLibertarian on December 10, 2011 at 2:40 PM

I disagree, ProudPalinFan. I think getting the right makeup people in these past few months, as well as probable behind-the-scene cute-squint coaching, has greatly diminished Ms. Bachmann’s “Crazy Eyes” look. Enough at least so I find more interesting things about what she actually has to SAY. The same with FOX’s formerly scary Judge Jeanine Pirro, whose eyes used to say, “Lock your windows or elsssse…”

And remember, the pitch of Sarah Palin’s voice worked quite a few nerves around here. The standards for women are brutally unfair, since nobody ever kvetches that Rick Santorum’s eyes are too close together for “handsome”, or that Newt’s head is huuuuuge. :)

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on December 10, 2011 at 2:41 PM