Advertisers pull spots from “All American Muslim”

posted at 4:45 pm on December 10, 2011 by Jazz Shaw

Last month we previewed a new television series which, as we predicted, was bound to stir up some controversy. Called “All American Muslim,” it detailed the lives of a group of Muslim families living in the vicinity of Dearborn, Michigan. It’s been on the air for only a few weeks, but the brouhaha has begun as one group is protesting the show and demanding that advertisers pull their spots.

Lowe’s, the national hardware chain, has pulled commercials from future episodes of “All-American Muslim,” a TLC reality-TV show, after protests by Christian groups.

The Florida Family Association, a Tampa Bay group, has led a campaign urging companies to pull ads on “All-American Muslim.” The FFA contends that 65 of 67 companies it has targeted have pulled their ads, including Bank of America, the Campbell Soup Co., Dell, Estee Lauder, General Motors, Goodyear, Green Mountain Coffee, McDonalds, Sears, and Wal-Mart.

“’All-American Muslim’ is propaganda clearly designed to counter legitimate and present-day concerns about many Muslims who are advancing Islamic fundamentalism and Sharia law,” the Florida group asserts in a letter it asks members to send to TLC advertisers.

It’s unclear whether the demands of the FFA have led to much direct action on the part of advertisers. As the article notes, at least two of the companies listed had only purchased one ad and simply didn’t buy any more. And Amway issued a flat denial of having pulled their advertising.

I’m still not clear exactly what the FFA is basing their complaint on, though. They’re saying that the show is “misleading” but how so? Because they are showing Muslim-Americans with jobs and families rather than showing people blowing up buildings? The stated description of the show seems to be fairly clear.

All-American Muslim takes a look at life in Dearborn, Michigan–home to the largest mosque in the United States–through the lens of five Muslim American families.

Each episode offers an intimate look at the customs and celebrations, misconceptions and conflicts these families face outside and within their own community.

Either way, protests like this generally produce the precise opposite effect than the one intended by groups like FFA. Companies advertise to make money and they want to sell to everyone as much as is possible. They don’t tend to want to get drawn into divisive controversies like this, and if they’re going to pull their advertising, they’ll generally do it quietly and simply stop making ad buys.

In the meantime, starting such a protest draws media attention, generates controversy, and pretty much acts as free advertising for the show on a broader scale than the network could ever afford through conventional marketing. It will be interesting over the next few weeks to see what happens with its ratings. It debuted with a modest 1.7M viewers (not a shockingly high or low number for a ten PM Sunday night slot) and in its third week had dropped nearly 50% to roughly one million.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Dina……ummmm! (I have it on DVD…no editing for me).

BobMbx on December 10, 2011 at 7:30 PM

So, you DO want to know more?

LOL

Roy Rogers on December 10, 2011 at 7:34 PM

I forgot to close the link tag, I think.

Here it is.

RedCrow on December 10, 2011 at 7:35 PM

didn’t watch before, won’t watch now…

cmsinaz on December 10, 2011 at 5:05 PM

Thanks for the insight, Uncle Grump.

Tzetzes on December 10, 2011 at 7:36 PM

Slightly OT:

The Hollywood gunman incident was apparently another case of Sudden Jihad Syndrome.

IrishEi on December 10, 2011 at 7:36 PM

Sometimes things are just wrong. Not because of hate or blind bigotry but because they are just not correct. Islam falls into this catagory.

TheGarbone on December 10, 2011 at 7:38 PM

Wow…..what a wild day at HotAir…pretty safe to say ya left the open registration “open” just a fuzz too long fellahs!

Tim Zank on December 10, 2011 at 7:38 PM

Why does Hot Air tolerate blatant and vicious anti-Muslim sentiments such as those expressed in this thread? I can’t imagine this site’s administration would tolerate strident antisemitism (or anti-Christianity, or any other religion), but apparently it’s open season on Islam here. And I’ve been reading this site (before open registration) long enough to know that this isn’t something new either. Do the site administrators agree that “Islam is a menace to society” or that it’s acceptable to stereotype all Muslims as violent, intolerant religious fanatics? Or are they just afraid of kicking the hornet’s nest by instituting some posting standards when it comes to Islam?

theodore on December 10, 2011 at 5:27 PM

Could you give specific examples please? There is a quote button on each little box thingy when you are typing in your comments (like I just did above). Just highlight the viscous hate filled rants you keep reading with a left click, then copy and paste, hit the quote button and make a comment like “I’ve never read such hate filled bigotry before!” or something. Then we can all see exactly which hate filled comments you are referring to and others can direct their comments to that as well.

JellyToast on December 10, 2011 at 7:39 PM

The most shocking person on the show is this six foot tall stunner who wears 4-inch stilettos and dresses like a Kardashian. Around her traditional family she looks like a flipping Martian! She drops a bundle of dough buying a building to open a dance club. In Dearborn. Where dancin is sinnin. Oh, well. A girl can dream, can’t she.

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on December 10, 2011 at 6:32 PM

This one?

She is attractive but I’m sure breast implants are frowned upon in Islam.

ManWithNoName on December 10, 2011 at 7:42 PM

JellyToast on December 10, 2011 at 7:39 PM

I think it’s the old thing: What liberals say happened, heppened. What they say never happened, never did.
(It’s called revisionist history, or something like that.)

RedCrow on December 10, 2011 at 7:44 PM

Hey! Ed is on tv right now talking about Alec Baldwin! Tom Sullivan show on FBN. His vacation tan looks good!

Naturally Curly on December 10, 2011 at 7:44 PM

I have to plead ignorance here. What does the Kardashian thing mean?
I see this all the time lately and I am clueless. Is it like a Klingon or something?

JellyToast on December 10, 2011 at 7:45 PM

Slightly OT:

IrishEi on December 10, 2011 at 7:36 PM

IrishEi:)
===========

(Los Angeles) Hollywood shooting: Witness captures dramatic video of gunman
**************

canopfor on December 10, 2011 at 7:45 PM

She is attractive but I’m sure breast implants are frowned upon in Islam.

ManWithNoName on December 10, 2011 at 7:42 PM

Muslim Miss USA Arrested for DUI

I’m partial for good old-fashioned drunk-driving muslim strippers.

They know how to get a rise out of your jihad.

Roy Rogers on December 10, 2011 at 7:46 PM

ManWithNoName on December 10, 2011 at 7:42 PM

I never saw her (before I clicked your link) or the show. Maybe you could clear something up for me: Why is she smuggling balloons? Frowned upon in her religion?

RedCrow on December 10, 2011 at 7:46 PM

Naturally Curly on December 10, 2011 at 7:44 PM

Damnit, I wish got FBN! I know I know, demand it ha!

Tim Zank on December 10, 2011 at 7:47 PM

It’s kinda amazing that we could even have a show like this in 2011. Imagine a reality series following the lives of the manson family and their twisted leader…there would be outrage. A reality show about muslims, whose spiritual head is a mass murdering lunatic from the 8th century is somehow okay.

I never accept as legit anything to do with islam. You can’t follow the ideas of a mass murderer and then pretend you’re in any way sane or normal or okay. Because you’re not. You’re demented for even thinking of following such an ideology.

Blatant anti-muslim comments SHOULD be encouraged…just as we should encourage thoughts opposing any other religion started by a mass murderer with the taste for child flesh. Yes, I DO hate islam…and every other ideology preached by mass murderers.

TheBlueSite on December 10, 2011 at 7:47 PM

Its a Indoctrination Touchy/Feely Show!!

canopfor on December 10, 2011 at 7:48 PM

I have no idea what happened to my comment. I tried putting it in again and it says “oops, that’s a duplicate comment” but it still doesn’t show up? So I will repeat it.

What is this kardasian thing? Is it like a Klingon Star Trek reference or something. I read it all the time lately but I don’t know what it means. Am I stupid?

JellyToast on December 10, 2011 at 7:51 PM

TheBlueSite on December 10, 2011 at 7:47 PM

:Up Twinkles:

Roy Rogers on December 10, 2011 at 7:51 PM

Fact: non-muslims that “look like muslims” have also been murdered by these murderous anti-muslim zealots. http://www.nytimes.com/2001/09/17/us/sikh-owner-of-gas-station-is-fatally-shot-in-rampage.html

Daikokuco on December 10, 2011 at 6:19 PM

Fact: The fact that this tool has to go back to something that happened a decade ago to prove his point, proves our point.

factsonlypls on December 10, 2011 at 7:52 PM

Good to see that the “Consumer is King” attitude is still somewhat respected. Too many times people forget that we can make a difference and that we should hold others accountable.

cpasherry on December 10, 2011 at 7:53 PM

TheBlueSite on December 10, 2011 at 7:47 PM

Roy Rogers on December 10, 2011 at 7:51 PM

Best of luck saving yourselves. Peace out.

Naturally Curly on December 10, 2011 at 7:58 PM

Upinak:

Thanks for your kind words. I was fired from Hot Air without explanation before I could finish the Blogging the Qur’an series, but it is finished and complete here:

Cordially
Robert Spencer

Robert Spencer on December 10, 2011 at 7:09 PM

I did not know that Robert, and I am sorry to have found out now. Thank you for your link, as I go there occasionally, I will go there to read the rest of the commentary. Hugs to you my friend and I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

upinak on December 10, 2011 at 8:04 PM

She is attractive but I’m sure breast implants are frowned upon in Islam.

ManWithNoName on December 10, 2011 at 7:42 PM

LOL! That’s her. Oh you man, you! I guess I noticed her height, shoes, wardrobe but not the, uh, bosoms. She is the rebel, though. Everything she does puts gray in her Daddy’s hair. :)

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on December 10, 2011 at 8:05 PM

So what. We get all sorts of propaganda from the Big 3 and MSNBC on a daily basis. Their ratings will tank and they will be canceled – this’ll be a non-story by “next season”.

GuitarSlinger on December 10, 2011 at 8:15 PM

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on December 10, 2011 at 8:05 PM

Shoes?

Oh you woman, you!

lol

Tim_CA on December 10, 2011 at 8:15 PM

Good for the FFA. Since when was it a crime to boycott a business? Who cares why they’re doing this. It’s their right. If it doesn’t work, it doesn’t work. But nooooooo, let a homosexual group protest adn get advertisers to pull ads over stupid issues, and it’s ok.

SuperManGreenLantern on December 10, 2011 at 8:16 PM

mtucker5695 on December 10, 2011 at 6:16 PM

I too am an insurance agent in the Atlanta area so I appreciate your insights into the Dearborn marketplace as respects Muslims. I can share stories too about insurance habits of other groups/ethnicities, but not as interesting as yours!

GeorgiaBuckeye on December 10, 2011 at 8:17 PM

Daikokuco on December 10, 2011 at 6:45 PM

Care to compare notes on how many innocent Muslims have been murdered by non-Muslims with the number of innocent non-Muslims that have been murdered by Muslims in the past 15 years?

Betcha they don’t like you at Kos either.

bw222 on December 10, 2011 at 8:20 PM

theodore on December 10, 2011 at 5:27 PM

The anti-Muslim stuff is pretty awful, but the Moderators let it go because they generally are ok with attacks on religion. They tolerate plenty of horrible stuff that atheists and Christians say about each other. Read one of the evolution food-fights, and you’ll see that the moderators aren’t playing favorites – they generally tolerate attacks on anyone, unless it’s a racial group.

It’s not a bad policy, in general – religious ideas, like any others, need to live and die on their own merit. I do think, though, that the lack of Muslim commenters makes the fight very one-sided. The number of truly hateful InkyBinkyBarleyBoo types is small, but there are a lot of people pushing the “Islam is evil” line. In theory, this is ok, but in practice, it’s starting to cross a line from legitimate argument to plain bigotry.

The genuine anti-Muslim stuff (not so much “Islam is fundamentally wrong” but more “you can’t trust a Muslim”) is poison, and, if it keeps up unanswered, will destroy the conservative movement. And we’ll deserve to be destroyed, and will have fully earned the socialist misery that follows.

RINO in Name Only on December 10, 2011 at 8:21 PM

All you have to do is prove that Islam is not evil. And I’ll shut up.

First topic for you to dispel: Stoning of women. Good or Evil?

BobMbx on December 10, 2011 at 8:33 PM

I forgot to close the link tag, I think.

Here it is.

RedCrow on December 10, 2011 at 7:35 PM

I’ve never heard of this excuse for “getting rowdy when drunk” working for anyone else except maybe a congressmen. It should go viral among college newspapers. LOL

KenInIL on December 10, 2011 at 8:47 PM

Shoes?

Oh you woman, you!

lol

Tim_CA on December 10, 2011 at 8:15 PM

:D

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on December 10, 2011 at 8:48 PM

Why does it always seem to be the bigotry of the non-muslim that is the issue when no attempt is made to denounce the brutal practices of this “religion”. When do we get to hear this happen by the “moderates”? And how are we supposed to believe them when lying is encouraged in their writings?

pippin53 on December 10, 2011 at 9:04 PM

Apologies to catmman. I’m kinda new at this commentin’ thingie. (And I saw your later post.) Who woulda known what a / means?

Thanks to INC for the heads up!

Shazzam! This could get to be fun!

Elric on December 10, 2011 at 9:08 PM

All you have to do is prove that Islam is not evil. And I’ll shut up.

There is no more proof that Islam is not evil than there is that Christianity is not evil. People have done evil actions in the name of each religion. People have done good actions in the name of each religion.

First topic for you to dispel: Stoning of women. Good or Evil?

BobMbx on December 10, 2011 at 8:33 PM

I wasn’t aware U. S. Muslims were stoning people. The Koran and Bible have passages calling for this type of stuff. And surprise surpise, both religions, at various points in history, have had the religious hierarchy condoning stonings, or burnings, etc.

The bottom line is that people who want to be violent will find a way to justify their violence. That does not justify pissing on the religion of people who have done you no harm.

RINO in Name Only on December 10, 2011 at 9:29 PM

I have many complaints about the show.

They do not represent as radical, the guy who had to convert to Islam in order to marry one of the Muslim girls featured on the show.

They do not even hint that the hijab is a tool of oppression. They do not acknowledge that these “all American Muslims” are not even considered Muslim in the Arab world at large. They do not state that the one girl who is “kardashian-like” would be ostracized or worse in 99% of Islamic communities world-wide.

Most of all, they whine and complain about being stereotyped, but do not mention that there is a serious world wide problem in their religion and the violence committed in it’s name.

And BTW….try and type the word muslim (in small cap)as a word here in the text of a comment,(not as the first word in the sentence) and then do the same for the word: christian (small cap).

The “spell check” suggests a capital “M” for muslim, but everything is apparently OK by neglecting the use of a capital “C” for the word christian.

The indoctrination taking place drip, drip, drip……………

Opposite Day on December 10, 2011 at 9:33 PM

RINO in Name Only on December 10, 2011 at 9:29 PM

The Bible doesn’t teach death the to infidels or honor killings or bombings or……..

flytier on December 10, 2011 at 9:35 PM

Is it anti-[insert topic name here] if its true?

You might be uncomfortable with the thought that a particular religion assigns the death penalty for virtually every infraction but I’m not. Its a fact, and wishing people like me would stop pointing it out won’t change that fact.

BobMbx on December 10, 2011 at 6:04 PM

This is such a load of crap. There is no such thing as a religion “calling on people” to do anything. Words like Islam and Christianity mean a million different things to a billion different people. They involve literal, non-literal, and semi-literal readings of various holy books, and following the teachings as interpreted.

There is no such thing as “Islam” or “Christianity”, unless you wish to assert that the majority of Christians are not “True” Christians because they don’t follow your interpretation of the Bible.

Of course, it’s all the more absurd to see some of the grand Ayatollahs here proclaiming which Muslims are and are not “True” Muslims, based on whether or not they follow a non-Muslim’s interpretation of the Koran.

RINO in Name Only on December 10, 2011 at 9:36 PM

Another feeble attempt by the MSM to indoctrinate society into accepting their “GROUP HUG” theory in response to these radicals. If they truly are a religion of peace when have you seen them express outrage at their radical brethren. Can you say “FATWAH”?

Halfinch on December 10, 2011 at 9:40 PM

RINO in Name Only on December 10, 2011 at 9:29 PM

flytier on December 10, 2011 at 9:35 PM

Exodus 32:27
King James Version (KJV)
27And he said unto them, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbour.

Or this peaceful and loving passage:

el.” 5 So twelve thousand men armed for battle, a thousand from each tribe, were supplied from the clans of Israel. 6 Moses sent them into battle, a thousand from each tribe, along with Phinehas son of Eleazar, the priest, who took with him articles from the sanctuary and the trumpets for signaling.

7 They fought against Midian, as the LORD commanded Moses, and killed every man. 8 Among their victims were Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur and Reba—the five kings of Midian. They also killed Balaam son of Beor with the sword. 9 The Israelites captured the Midianite women and children and took all the Midianite herds, flocks and goods as plunder. 10 They burned all the towns where the Midianites had settled, as well as all their camps. 11 They took all the plunder and spoils, including the people and animals, 12 and brought the captives, spoils and plunder to Moses and Eleazar the priest and the Israelite assembly at their camp on the plains of Moab, by the Jordan across from Jericho.

13 Moses, Eleazar the priest and all the leaders of the community went to meet them outside the camp. 14 Moses was angry with the officers of the army—the commanders of thousands and commanders of hundreds—who returned from the battle.

15 “Have you allowed all the women to live?” he asked them. 16 “They were the ones who followed Balaam’s advice and enticed the Israelites to be unfaithful to the LORD in the Peor incident, so that a plague struck the LORD’s people. 17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

RINO in Name Only on December 10, 2011 at 9:46 PM

Now you may have your own interpretation of that last passage, but surely you’ll agree it wasn’t a very nice thing to do.

Doubtless, Christians will chime in with explanations for why this doesn’t mean Christianity is evil – people are just misinterpreting these passages. There is nothing wrong with this – the atheists who point to these passages and say Christianity is evil are just as stupid as the people who do it to Muslims.

The absurd thing is the Clintonian explanations, from non-Muslim self-appointed Ayatollahs, for why Islam cannot be interpreted peacefully, in spite of the billions of people who do so every day.

RINO in Name Only on December 10, 2011 at 9:52 PM

Halfinch on December 10, 2011 at 9:40 PM

Whenever they are asked, with the exception of some bad apples, such as groups like CAIR. But these fanatics have been rejected by Muslims – as their support for terrorism became clear during the last decade, their membership dropped by 90%:

RINO in Name Only on December 10, 2011 at 9:57 PM

Someone doesn’t understand the meaning of ‘teach’. Nor should they be quoting the bible in this way when they are clearly ignorant about it. But they have confessed the condition of their heart…so it has been educational.

tom daschle concerned on December 10, 2011 at 9:58 PM

Controversy does not make for good business. It’s pretty hard to sell a product if the majority of your viewers see you as supporting an ideology that supports attacks on civilians, acid tossing on women, and “honor” killings of raped children.

Joe_Snow on December 10, 2011 at 10:07 PM

tom daschle concerned on December 10, 2011 at 9:58 PM

It says pretty clearly that God commanded these things, your Clintonian twists of the word teach notwithstanding.

As to how you could possibly conclude that quoting the bible, with the specific observation that this is a passage that could be misinterpreted, demonstrates ignorance, I’ll let you try to shed some light on that as well.

RINO in Name Only on December 10, 2011 at 10:08 PM

The advertisements for the show make it look like politically correct agitprop designed to make me feel good about Islam.

It’s supposed to make me want to shoul “Allah akbar.”

molonlabe28 on December 10, 2011 at 10:09 PM

tom daschle concerned on December 10, 2011 at 9:58 PM

As to the condition of my heart, you know nothing of it. I am not the one stirring up hate for people who have done no one any harm, based on the actions of a different group of people. I think that says everything we need to know about the condition of your heart, to say nothing of your ability to interpret the bible, particularly the second greatest commandment.

RINO in Name Only on December 10, 2011 at 10:12 PM

As to the condition of my heart, you know nothing of it.

Exactly, yet you seem to know everyone else’s hearts. The point is that Muslims are apparently emphasizing the violent commandments of the Quran while the Jews and Christians emphasize the teachings of peace.

Elric on December 10, 2011 at 10:45 PM

“The FFA contends that 65 of 67 companies it has targeted have pulled their ads”

The only two staying are Farmer John® and Hormel®.

mrt721 on December 10, 2011 at 10:53 PM

Rino. You crack me up…you cite a command at a specific time and place as evidence that the bible teaches violence in a pathetic attempt to draw moral equivilence with truly evil and violent world systems. YOur intent and dishonesty are the confession. Clintonian… Lol you are just trying to be a bigoted jerk. Pretty much a magnum opus of fail. Have nice day.

tom daschle concerned on December 10, 2011 at 10:55 PM

Hey Rino, Name one Muslim country you would want to live in?

Kjeil on December 10, 2011 at 11:12 PM

I’m new here, but I think the “Hot Gas” commentators should be kinder and gentler to all the brain damaged Kos kids who have just registered and are now posting. After all, it’s really not their fault that their minds have been turned to jelly by decades of Liberal indoctrination. Have a heart, leave Dyke-O-Cuckoo alone!!

Gladtobehere on December 10, 2011 at 11:17 PM

Exactly, yet you seem to know everyone else’s hearts.

Nonsense. The only mention I made of anyone’s heart was in direct response to “tom daschle concerned”. I addressed my remark specifically at him, in response to his ridiculous claim to know me, based on his blatant twisting of my words. I make know pretense at knowing most peoples’ hearts in general.

Elric on December 10, 2011 at 10:45 PM

No, the point is that billions of them are quite obviously not embracing these commandments. There is both statistical evidence of this (the mass abandonment of CAIR after their conduct in the last decade), as well as specific individual examples like this one:

People like this are our natural allies, and yet some people here take every opportunity to insult them and trash their beliefs. This is poison, and like I said before, if it continues unanswered, it will destroy the right, and we will deserve the socialist misery that follows.

RINO in Name Only on December 10, 2011 at 11:22 PM

Someone doesn’t understand the meaning of ‘teach’. Nor should they be quoting the bible koran in this way when they are clearly ignorant about it. But they have confessed the condition of their heart…so it has been educational.

tom daschle concerned on December 10, 2011 at 9:58 PM

Classic.

Daikokuco on December 10, 2011 at 11:24 PM

RINO in Name Only on December 10, 2011 at 9:52 PM

Highlighted for the illiterate.

tom daschle concerned on December 10, 2011 at 10:55 PM

Apparently, you think speaking out against someone who is trashing people who haven’t hurt them is a bigot. Got it.

Could you possibly be any more Orwellian?

RINO in Name Only on December 10, 2011 at 11:26 PM

Classic.

Daikokuco on December 10, 2011 at 11:24 PM

Spoken like someone who can’t get his crap together. :)

Keep trying, you might actually do something… in the future.

upinak on December 10, 2011 at 11:31 PM

Hey Rino, Name one Muslim country you would want to live in?

Kjeil on December 10, 2011 at 11:12 PM

Non sequitur. But since you asked, I do not want to live in any foreign country, period. Nothing against any of them, just prefer it here.

RINO in Name Only on December 10, 2011 at 11:32 PM

OUCH! RINO, you hurt my brain! Trying to follow your comments this evening have made me dizzy. Paging George Orwell! I’m going to call it an evening.

Elric on December 10, 2011 at 11:32 PM

Rino is partially right. The old testament is filled with brutal commands from God and his faithful followers. It is a violent book and if a movie were made depicting it as it actually was, it would have to be rated “NC-17″ or at least an “R”. Times were brutal, the resources were limited, and the people of the bible were nomadic and seeking a nation to call their own. The brutallity they practiced was practiced by all. You didn’t fight to win battles, you fought to eliminate enemies completely in order to control land and resources.
But two things happened. The first was Christ Jesus. He did not come as a military leader but he did not promise peace either. He was concerned with feeding the poor, healing the lame, and providing for the widows and their children. He also came to make the word flesh and to do away with the old-testament law. Man is no longer judged by the law. Essentially, the path of the New Testament defined Christianity.
The second thing that happened came about 600 years later. A cultic polytheistic gypsy named Mohammed married a christian woman and merged her faith with his. He sought to corrupt the word in such a way as to substitute himself in the place of Jesus and to point the lineage that led to Christ towards that of his own people, thereby giving him the right to claim himself as “savior”. If Mohammed were alive today, he would easily be recognized as a socio-pathic cult leader and would be arrested for the crimes of murder and child molestation. If Jesus were alive today, he would still be the Mesiah.
Yes, Christians have screwed things up from time to time. But when we return to the path of Jesus we always get on the right track. When followers return to the path Mohammed, people get killed. I’m tired of religious novices attempting to paint Christianity with the same brush they paint the cult of Mohammed with.

mtucker5695 on December 10, 2011 at 11:35 PM

Rino, your obviously ignorant of Islam and you are nothing but a moral relativiser…if you are stunned enough to compare the teachings of Christ and Christianity with the death cult of Islam, you are a bloody blind moron! That is reality!

Islam orders the death of those that leave it….that alone puts islam into another level of evil only compared to the mafia or marxism…..Islam also teaches the beating of wives …..Muhammed personally murdered 800 innocent Jewish Civilians….Muhammed also had people murdered for making fun of him….

Again, if you can morally equivicate that with Christ and his teachings, then you are a stupid ignorant person!

As for muslims and Islam, thier are liberal moderates within Islam….not all muslims subscribe to literal brutal islam…the problem is, the moderate and liberal muslims are persecuted by the more orthodox literal minded muslims….

In otherwords, the good muslims from our pov, are bad muslims from a orthodox muslims…..

Literal Islam is on par with marxism and nazism in terms of evil….nothing else compares….study the Quran and the Sunnah and you will find this out yourself….

Albertanator on December 11, 2011 at 12:19 AM

The actions of the vast majority of Muslims say otherwise. Why so many self-appointed Ayatollahs here have decided that they aren’t true Muslims” is beyond me.

mtucker5695 on December 10, 2011 at 11:35 PM

I never claimed the two religions were equal, only that the two ignorant attacks on their followers were extremely similar.

And I imagine the vast majority of Muslims, who are non-violent, are tired of novices pretending they know what it means to be a Muslim.

RINO in Name Only on December 11, 2011 at 12:30 AM

Man oh man, who let these idiots in???? Wow…..

Albertanator on December 11, 2011 at 12:32 AM

The reason why we have crap shows like this one is Hollywood. They hate anything American or Christian and anything with morals or ethics. To the average nitwit actor or ess they are “Standing” up for the Muslims and the gays and the Indians and the lesbians and the down trodden Blacks etc. They really don’t give a flying f**k but they have to be noble somehow and this is the safest way to do it. Ever wonder why there have been NO movies about the Muslim terrorists? Hollywood is full of cowards. We all know that the entire premise of Islam is subjugation of its members and double subjugation for its female members. It is vindictive and suicidal. What more do you need for a good family show?

inspectorudy on December 11, 2011 at 12:40 AM

Either way, protests like this generally produce the precise opposite effect than the one intended by groups like FFA…starting such a protest draws media attention, generates controversy, and pretty much acts as free advertising for the show on a broader scale than the network could ever afford through conventional marketing.

Might that be the point? I’ve heard of this FFA group exactly twice, once when they protested “Gay Day” at Disneyland by purchasing a gigantic banner that told everyone about Gay Day, and now this. I’m starting to wonder if they are actually an arm of a marketing firm somewhere…

sockpuppetpolitic on December 11, 2011 at 12:40 AM

OK, only skimmed through the comments and I wonder how many people here have actually WATCHED the show. I have. So far, this is what I have seen:

An anglo guy “converted” to Islam to marry a tattooed renegade muslim girl who thinks it is important to raise her kids in Islam, yet she is a tatted, punk kind of girl who does not wear the muslim garb required from someone who observes the religion closely. Her husband’s conversion just consisted of an awkward scene where he declares himself a muslim. Fast forward a couple of episodes and he doesn’t make it through the first day of Ramadan fasting and her relatives are all up his butt about it.

There is a very nice man on this show who has a nice family and is the football coach at the local high school. His team is mostly muslim and they have to move football practice to night because of Ramadan fasting. The coach has gained some notice in the press and he was invited to the White House for a Ramadan feast. What offended me about this episode is HE was invited to the White House, why wasn’t his WIFE included? Is the Obama administration bigoted against devoted wives?

The blonde chick who wants to open a night club is being strangled and stifled trying to be a circumspect muslim daughter. It is very obvious she is an entrepreneur and the lack of support from her family regarding this night club idea is just killing her (not literally). She has the awful choice of becoming a scarlet woman in her community or following her heart’s desire professionally.

And last but not least, some chick made a BIG DEAL about starting to wear the head scarf to show she is devoted. The men in her family are dressed like slobs, and extoll the virtue of how beautiful a devoted muslim woman is when she is wearing the observant head garb.

The one thing I have picked up from this series is just how stifling it is to be a woman in a muslim family. And I was kind of creeped out in the episode where this married woman had a baby. They showed the ritual of the father of the baby performing the “call to prayer” in the newborn’s ear. That is supposed to be the first thing the baby hears on this earth. I guess they have to indoctrinate them at a young age.

I watch most of the TLC shows. This one does not appear to be trying to white wash the dictates of what it takes to be an obedient muslim. But then again, they have not gone into the Koran and talked about the section where they are required to either convert, subjugate or kill all non believers. Maybe that will be shown in future episodes.

karenhasfreedom on December 11, 2011 at 12:43 AM

RINO in Name Only on December 10, 2011 at 8:21 PM

a) The truth has never destroyed anyone.
b) You will enjoy socialism, since the crap you are spewing is socialistic in nature to start with.

SWalker on December 11, 2011 at 12:43 AM

Settle down. I have not compared the teachings of the two religions, except insofar as the fact that there are passages in the bible that can be taken grossly out of context indicates that the same is at least possible for the Koran, and that it is not for non-Muslims to interpret theology for Muslims. The vast majority of the latter have done no one any harm, and have done nothing to deserve hate-filled attacks on them.

The many Muslims who do not beat their wives would beg to differ.

And who are you to say what “Islam” teaches. Is there a person named Islam? Of course not. There is the Koran, which you feel entitled to interpret, even in the face of many people who clearly do not interpret it as telling them to be violent.

And yet, you have no problem attacking Islam, rather than attacking Jihadists, or Islamism, or Fundamentalist Islam. These moderates are already persecuted, and you would spit on their religion all the same without hesitation.

Albertanator on December 11, 2011 at 12:19 AM

If you conclude that, that’s your prerogative, but obviously most Muslims, and certainly American Muslims, do not read it the same way as you do. Why do you insist on pushing your malevolent interpretation as the correct one? You are pushing the same line as our enemies, and attacking our friends.

RINO in Name Only on December 11, 2011 at 12:45 AM

Nobody watches that show anyway except other muslims, so no big deal.

crosspatch on December 11, 2011 at 12:46 AM

a) The truth has never destroyed anyone.

Hatred towards people who have done you no harm certainly has. The “truth” is that you are attacking people who have not harmed you.

SWalker on December 11, 2011 at 12:43 AM

No, the crap people are spewing by conflating one violent group of people with another, vastly larger non-violent group is based on collectivist bullshit, and if that’s not socialism, it is its second cousin.

RINO in Name Only on December 11, 2011 at 12:51 AM

RINO in Name Only on December 11, 2011 at 12:30 AM

I don’t know, RINO; you might be losing me at the idea of “non-violent.” Christians and Jews can make war pretty well; your Biblical quotations do a good job of showing that. But you have probably seen all the polls I’ve seen about attitudes on various things in Islamic countries, in countries where Islam is unfettered as a political philosophy. My Christianity opens me up to being kicked in my Christian teeth by committed-atheist donkeys — all of whom I’m supposed to answer religiously with the opening “Of course he’s brilliant, but” — on a daily basis. I criticize Mohammad anywhere in the non-violent Muslim world you are talking about, I’m probably going to die. Free speech? Of course, as long as it isn’t critical of Islam or the one true prophet, Mohammad.

I’ll spare you the list of philosophical and social issues that are similar, because I am pretty sure you could recite them with me anyway.

Maybe if Islam is peaceful, its peaceful only in that it’s tyrannical — and that in the “non-violent” street you keep bringing up.

All this is a narrow argument. You are arguing several points at once; I am not taking issue with any wider arguments. This point was just interesting.

Axe on December 11, 2011 at 1:00 AM

I’m not claiming the Muslim world is nonviolent, though there are countries like Indonesia, which has an enormous population, the vast majority of which is Muslim, in which the violent types are the minority, and are fought regularly by tolerant Muslims.

Many places in the Muslim world are indeed violent. But that seems to be highly correlated with the level of technological development. Also, there are places like Iran, in which a violent fundamentalist minority oppresses a tolerant, yet still largely Muslim, population.

The point is that religious violence does not require a majority of people to support it – violent people by their very nature tend to intimidate others. So I dislike it when people use it as an excuse to trash the beliefs of what is often a silent majority of people who go about their day to day lives trying to be genuinely good people, and who do this on the inspiration of the Koran. They are our friends, and wish to call themselves Muslims, and believe themselves to be the True Muslims. My point is that we should be helping them.

I realize you aren’t necessarily arguing with all of that last part, so it’s more of a general expansion of what I’ve been saying, rather than a rebuttal to you specifically.

RINO in Name Only on December 11, 2011 at 1:20 AM

I wonder if this christian group will use the human microphone technique to preach about the tolerance of the bible whiles they drag their crosses in to burn on the lawns of the mosque.

I do not understand how anyone can call themselves a freedom loving person while supporting the FFA in this witch hunt.

wrath187 on December 10, 2011 at 5:55 PM

Hyperbolic, maybe?

Maybe this FFA group should just sponsor a nice alternative reality show featuring families of Christians in Saudi Arabia.

Oh wait. I remember now.

There Goes The Neighborhood on December 11, 2011 at 1:34 AM

She is attractive but I’m sure breast implants are frowned upon in Islam.

ManWithNoName on December 10, 2011 at 7:42 PM

Using a woman who looks like she stepped out of a Victoria Secret catalog as “The Face of Islam” is pretty blatently propagandistic :)

But then, if I was producing a show, I can’t imagine saying “no — go with the ugly one” either. I’m trying to make a living, too.

Hollywood: where evil goes to mate.

Axe on December 11, 2011 at 1:36 AM

The Florida Family Association? You mean this FFA?

Yeah…I wouldn’t take anything that they say or do seriously.

And, as for the actual show, I watched an episode of it, didn’t care for it.

theoddmanout on December 11, 2011 at 1:40 AM

The point is that religious violence does not require a majority of people to support it.

RINO in Name Only on December 11, 2011 at 1:20 AM

No, it requires the majority to do nothing. While the majority of Muslims may not actively engage in Jihad they do support it. If you had studied Islam at all, as all of this so called Islam haters you are attacking obviously have you would understand Islam means submission, it means total conquest of the world. It means if you are not a Christian or a Jew, you have the right to convert to Islam or die. No, it is not just a few radical Muslims that believe that, that is Islams MAIN DOCTRINE.

SWalker on December 11, 2011 at 1:49 AM

What’s a trip is Jimmy Dean Sausage is the only sponsor left.

esnap on December 11, 2011 at 1:56 AM

You’re going to condemn people as being complicit in the actions of violent people because they do not risk the lives of their families in opposing them? If you were faced with the prospect of violent retaliation against your family, can you honestly say, without hesitation, that you would fight back against someone who was doing violence in the name of your religion?

Groups like Al Quaeda are vicious towards Muslims that oppose them, to the point where they have raped and mutilated children just to send a message. Why would you blame people for not speaking out under those conditions?

Like all words, it means different things to different people. The meaning of a word is defined by how it is used by most people. unless you believe there is a magical word fairy in the sky who decides what word means.

Most Muslims here use it to refer to perfectly benign traditions and beliefs. They have just as much right to say what it means as the fanatics, and why you would reject their wishes and support the interpretation of the fanatics is beyond me.

SWalker on December 11, 2011 at 1:49 AM

This is such nonsense. Yes, there is a powerful Jihadist movement. They are not, globally, a tiny minority. But

A. They are obviously a tiny minority of American Muslims, and those are the people getting slammed here. For these people, conquest is obviously not Islam’s “main doctrine”.

and

B. Even around the world, they are not in complete control. They are fighting moderates everywhere, and when you support their interpretation of the Koran, you denigrate the people on our side.

RINO in Name Only on December 11, 2011 at 2:12 AM

To those who insist that it is only a minority who are terrorists, may I remind you that, apart from its weight, only the teeth and claws of a lion are dangerous – yet, without the body, the teeth and claws cannot work.

OldEnglish on December 11, 2011 at 2:14 AM

Most Muslims here use it to refer to perfectly benign traditions and beliefs.

RINO in Name Only on December 11, 2011 at 2:12 AM

You are so fully of liberal bull$hit.

SWalker on December 11, 2011 at 2:37 AM

I look forward to a show named “All American Ku Klux Klan Family”.

There are so many people ignoring the lines in koran which constitute the backbone of islam and which promote segregation and genocide of “unbelievers”. I call those people stupid.

Rookie on December 11, 2011 at 3:35 AM

Here are the facts:

Muslims kill thousands of people a day around the world. It is indisputable that Muslims have slaughtered tens of millions of Christian’s, Jew, Hindus and other non Muslims in the last 30 years.

Yet if you point out that fact, the left wing haters call you a racist and bigot. They same people (elite media and left wing politicians) who mock Tim Tebow for being a Christian call conservatives racists and bigots for pointing out facts.

It is no wonder that the Bible predicted that they will call evil good and good evil…..

Unless less western voters wake up, I shudder to think what world our kids will be living in…..It will be: Iraq+Afganistan+Iran+Hitler+Stalin for starters….

The crazy thing is, if you point out that the religion is violent at its base, they (the left, cusses you out, calls conservatives unprintable names and says you should not be allowed to say it.) In fact liberals believe you should go to jail for stating that Muslims are violent and kill people).

If you ask a liberal where one peaceful Muslim country is, which is not run by the military or a dictator, they cannot, because that country does not exist. I guess that tolerance thing only goes for liberal speech.

However, when the Muslims do take over, and demographically they will, they will going after their allies on the left who promote homosexuality, porn and all the smut that the left promotes….

Kind of ironic that the liberals hate God so much, they do not want to admit the truth about the fundamental violence in the Muslim religion. Liberals prefer to attack Christians as the cause of evil, rather than admit the truth, which they can see by watching any news broadcast, that while not all, hundreds of millions of Muslims are violent and are on a Jihad to kill all non-believers. Hundreds of millions more are sympathetic to the jihad but are not actively involved…

Definitely a lovely world we are passing on to our Children…

Trueconserv on December 11, 2011 at 3:50 AM

Longtime lurker & new poster GuitarMark joining in this session of Trolls gone wild!

Most Muslims here use it to refer to perfectly benign traditions and beliefs.

RINO in Name Only on December 11, 2011 at 2:12 AM

You are so fully of liberal bull$hit.

SWalker on December 11, 2011 at 2:37 AM

Couldn’t have said it better myself. It’s quite clear, RINO in name only, that you and the other troll are clueless, dishonest, or both.

The only thing your long and pointless posts accomplish is to make this crystal clear -and you could do it with much shorter posts.

If you have any regard for the truth, do a little research -that’s all it takes. Google “muslim riots” and see what comes up -pages and pages of videos. Pick a country -they’re quite common in Europe.

Try doing the same for “Christian riots” or “Jewish Riots.”

You’re either clueless on an epic scale, or dishonest on an epic scale, or both (which would be my bet).

The ugly writings of the Torah and the Bible are of no relevance to the modern world -the same can not be said of muslims who DO act according to the ugly writings of their “holy book”.

This is plain fact, something that happens continually on a worldwide scale -none but the profoundly ignorant, oblivious, and/or dishonest deny it.

Educate yourselves and become honest -or go away, trolls.

GuitarMark on December 11, 2011 at 4:32 AM

Blah blah blah blah.
RINO in Name Only on December 11, 2011, All Fing Night Long

Hey, Ow My Balls is on.

Kenosha Kid on December 11, 2011 at 4:57 AM

I learned everything I need to know about islam on 9-11

tommyboy on December 11, 2011 at 5:55 AM

theodore on December 10, 2011 at 5:27 PM

sounds like a job for attachwatch. you know… that website that “protects” internet freedom and integrity. that is as long as you agree with the regime that’s monitoring the attackwatch complaints. kind of like himmler looking over reports from his minions.

you are correct of course. muslims aren’t a threat to our freedoms or out judicial sytem. sharia blends in fine with out constitution and our judicial system.

I suspect you would be one of the first executed as an infidel when they achieve their stated goal of converting all of us to “believers”. we all need to subscribe to some kook pedophile prophet that advocated no women rights, bigamy, hacking off body parts and beheading for crimes and non believing and slavery for anyone that does not fit their world vision of islam.

acyl72 on December 11, 2011 at 9:04 AM

silly question for all of the “enlightend” that love to bestow their wisdom on the gun toting rednecks.

where are you or your feminist organziations when women are being lashed for driving, stoned to death for divorcing their husband, beaten for “domestic failures” such as dinner not the table or walking in front or their man, no property or legal rights or having their genitals hacked off because the prophet was a pedophile?

Maybe you might want to focus on actually helping out women rather than spewing you liberal elitist tripe that looks the other way as muslim women are treated as third class citizens.

acyl72 on December 11, 2011 at 9:15 AM

islamophobia is just another word for “survival instinct”.

tommyboy on December 11, 2011 at 9:40 AM

I don’t watch the show, nor even preview the commercials. Everything I needed to know about Islam I learned on 9/11. Ya, it’s a bumper sticker phrase, but it’s true.

Dandapani on December 11, 2011 at 9:52 AM

Shoes?

Oh you woman, you!

lol

Tim_CA on December 10, 2011 at 8:15 PM

Uh, well, I did notice her shoes. They’re Louboutin’s, and run anywhere from $645 on up to the thousands. Girlfriend is doing great to afford them.

Ygritte on December 11, 2011 at 10:12 AM

Re:theodore on December 10, 2011 at 5:27 PM

Let me tell you a little story. A family member of mine lived in a small town in Oregon, right next to a Pakistani couple. They were decent neighbors, not overly friendly, but they got along just fine. One day, my family member and the man of the house were having a conversation when this man, who worked at the local hospital said, and I quote, “I do not believe in violence. BUT, if my imam told me tomorrow to go blow up the hospital, then I would do it. I would not like it, but I would do it just the same.” How does a person respond to such a statement? Why are people with attitudes like that allowed to reside here in the U.S.? And how many more of the seemingly “peaceful” Muslims have the very same perspective? This is a frightening world we live in when a so-called “religion of peace” teaches its’ followers that they are the only ones that have a right to exist. And don’t try to tell me that they don’t because I’m quite familiar with what is written in the Qu’uran.

soulmate on December 11, 2011 at 10:20 AM

Looks like old abobo is going to have to court some controversy again.

Ah well, here goes. Evangelical Christians and Orthodox Jews who vote for candidates on their specific promises to wage war on people of other faiths, notably for thouroughly debunked reasons, are as bad as any Islamic terrorist and lend their respective creeds the same status. That both cite scripture to justify their votes and political activism makes their holy books as bad as the Koran. That both claim this political activity is different from actual terrorism makes them no better than “moderate” Muslims who do no direct terrorism themselves.

abobo on December 11, 2011 at 11:43 AM

Haven’t watched this show cuz the subject is as uninteresting and unappealing as that Kate witch and her dysfunctional family was/is.

What happened to TLC? Once upon a time it had interesting programming, now it’s just reality gone horrible with c-rap like terrors and tiaras, bridezillas, grossouts of the ER and–Virgin Diaries? Are you kidding me? On The Learning Channel? What the heck are they trying to teach us anyway cuz I don’t get it and I ain’t* watchin’ it.

*Grammar nazis don’t bother wasting a post bcuz “ain’t” is the proper contraction of “am not” so it’s used correctly here.

stukinIL4now on December 11, 2011 at 11:59 AM

mtucker5695 on December 10, 2011 at 11:35 PM said:

It’s not that simple. You make the Jews sound bloodthirsty and Jesus a social worker. God has all the resources in the universe and more at his command; there was no need for the Jews to spill “pagan blood for resources.”

In the Old Testament, the Tanach as the Jews call it, God set the standards for justice and expected Israel to live up to it. God also taught mercy, but when the sins of a people were great, God sent judgment, i.e., Sodom and Gomorrah. Sometimes God used the Israelites to bring down the pagans who were not just committing idolatry but all sorts of other evil, especially sacrificing (burning in fire) their own children to appease false gods. If you look carefully, you’ll find references to this in the biblical statements of how some nations made their children “pass through the fire.”

When Jesus came he explicitly said that he was not changing the old testament law. Rather he saw himself as the fulfillment of that law by being the “lamb who takes away the sin of the world.” He was paying the price for sin so that his followers could live under a new contract (a new covenant or testament) with God. Why did God make a new contract with humanity? Because Israel, God’s model for dealing with the world, couldn’t keep the old agreement. Humanity wasn’t capable of being good enough to follow God’s laws. God was making a new contract with humanity that emphasized his mercy and love towards us rather than a strict obedience to the law. With this new contract Christ did promise his followers peace, but it’s a peace of the heart in a troubled (fallen or sinful) world (John 14:27). One of the titles of Jesus is “Prince of Peace” (Isaiah 9:6).

As for taking care of the needy, it wasn’t the first priority of Jesus. His top priority was preaching the truth of the Good News (Gospel). First he said that the “Kingdom of God was near.” By the end of his ministry, he made clear that he was the Messiah. The miracles he did were, most importantly, proof of the claims of Jesus that he was Lord and savior. Yes, they also showed God’s concern for the needy, but Jesus wasn’t a social worker.

Christians are to be followers of Christ. First they must reconcile with God by accepting the sacrifice of Christ. Once they do that they are to be followers of Christ’s example: preach the Gospel and be charitable to others. Doing good deeds like taking care of the needy is not enough to get you into heaven. No amount of charity will pay your debt to God. Only the sacrifice of Christ is sufficient to pay your sins.

If you’ve followed me so far, you might be asking yourself the following: Doesn’t Islam also require you to submit to God and be charitable? So what’s the difference between Islam and Christianity?

I’ll keep this simple: Christ told his followers – those who accept his sacrifice as the payment for their sins – to make disciples and teach the world to follow his commandments (Great Commision, Matthew 28:16-20). This is alternatively recorded in Mark 16:15 as “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.” (My emphasis). The Christian community is therefore to have a preaching and teaching ministry whose goal is to make disciples (followers of Jesus).

On the other hand, Mohammed taught the Verse of the Sword (Koran 9:5), which goes as follows: “Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then leave their way free. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.” (My emphasis).

Traditional (meaning the overwhelming majority of) Muslim interpretation is that these verses are universal, not just applicable to Mohammed’s time, but just as applicable today. A short discussion of this can be found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sword_verse and http://www.nysun.com/foreign/verse-of-the-sword/40419

An example of the traditional interpretation is the following statement from the Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, founder of the current Iranian government: “Those who know nothing about Islam pretend that Islam counsels against war. Those people are witless. Islam says: ‘Kill all the unbelievers just as they would kill you all!’ Does this mean that Muslims should sit back until they are devoured by the infidel? Islam says: ‘Kill them, put them to the sword and scatter them.’ Islam says: ‘Whatever good there is exists thanks to the sword.’ The sword is the key to Paradise, which can be opened only for the Holy Warriors! Does all this mean that Islam is a religion that prevents men from waging war? I spit upon those foolish souls who make such a claim.” (Emphasis is from http://www.bible.ca/islam/islam-kills-not-peaceful.htm which has more quotes from Islamic leaders.)

The world view of traditional Islam is that Muslims are soon to be or already are under attack (count how many times a day Muslims proclaim a new Zionist plot), and they should be ready to either destroy or convert their enemies by the sword. That’s why some Muslims will riot at the slightest perceived insult. A friend of mine once told me: “Muslims are peaceful despite their religion, while Christians are mostly peaceful because of their religion.” Note: it’s easy to point out when people fail their religious beliefs. I’m trying to compare two very different belief systems.

Have a good day!

Gladtobehere on December 11, 2011 at 2:51 PM

Mozlems sure are a peaceful lot

/sarc

Roy Rogers on December 11, 2011 at 3:44 PM

Ygritte on December 11, 2011 at 10:12 AM

To be honest (and admittedly a tad sexist) until y’all mentioned shoes, I didn’t even notice she had feet.

Tim_CA on December 11, 2011 at 4:22 PM

Last month we previewed a new television series … “All American Muslim”

Yes, and that preview included the following:

He’s then given the note to read, with sub-titles helpfully added to the scene:

I bear witness, That there is no God, But Allah

POOF! You’re a Muslim!

Some commenters correctly identified this as the Shahada. A single honest recitation of the Shahada in Arabic is all that is required for a person to become a Muslim. A conversion to Islam is meant to be a one-way process, both for the individual and their descendants.

What I didn’t see in any of the comments was any reference to the fact that the Shahada is the opening lines of the Islamic Call to Prayer. If a person recites the opening lines of the Call to Prayer in Arabic, that person had confessed the Shahada, and the Muslim world views that person as a Muslim.

And guess what? Barack Hussein Obama has publicly confessed the Shahada in Arabic.

He once got in trouble for making faces during Koran study classes in his elementary school, but a president is less likely to stereotype Muslims as fanatics — and more likely to be aware of their nationalism — if he once studied the Koran with them. Mr. Obama recalled the opening lines of the Arabic call to prayer, reciting them with a first-rate accent. In a remark that seemed delightfully uncalculated (it’ll give Alabama voters heart attacks), Mr. Obama described the call to prayer as “one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at sunset.”

Whether he believes it or not, he said it, and the Muslim world views Barack Hussein Obama as a Muslim because he recited the Shahada in Arabic.

Truth.

NCITTRP on December 11, 2011 at 4:30 PM

That Obama is mozlem is a truism.

Roy Rogers on December 11, 2011 at 5:34 PM